• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Upcoming Pruning of Dead Accounts

tehelgee

The stern gaze of justice.
Administrator
QQ has about 14400 dead accounts that have zero posts and have not been logged into for a year or longer, or did not complete registrations. That's 14k usernames inaccessible, and some falsely inflated user numbers.

So, a solution:

In one week, on August 7th, 2020, I will be purging all accounts that meet all parts of a set of specific criteria.

Those criteria are as follows:

• Set A
    • Registered on or before July 31, 2019
    • Zero posts
    • Last logged on date was July 31, 2019 or earlier
  • Set B
    • Registered on or before July 31, 2019
    • Have not completed email registration

For most of you, this means nothing at all and will not affect you. However, for a very small number of our lurkers this post is being made in advance of the account pruning so that any lurkers that fall under the Set B criteria can finish email registration beforehand.

Please ignore the screaming~

Last edited:
I know I had no post the first year and a half after I made the account. I just made it to see the NSFW section of the site after I'd been lurking on SB for a few years then made an account over there to follow stories. One of the stories the author mentioned they posted the lewd scene over here skipping it on SB so I popped over made the account then read the post before leaving the site for over a year till I remembered this place and felt like reading some lewd fics.

Would this delete posts done by inactive accounts? Asking because I want to know if I should start double-checking my story backups.

Edit: NVM, I apparently just fail reading comprehension. This is deleting accounts that have never made a post, not accounts that haven't posted since July 31.

QQ has about 14400 dead accounts that have zero posts and have not been logged into for a year or longer, or did not complete registrations. That's 14k usernames inaccessible, and some falsely inflated user numbers.
Kind of insane that 30% of the users are dead accounts that have never posted.

Makes me wonder how many accounts are even active.

Kind of insane that 30% of the users are dead accounts that have never posted.

Makes me wonder how many accounts are even active.
Because most of QQ's content is in the NSFW section that requires login, a lot of people who would just stay as guests on other forums instead register lurker accounts.

Posting just to make sure
Greetings, Lurker, a pleasure to witness your sole post!
CoolHelplessIberianmole-size_restricted.gif

Might be an idea, if there's a relatively easy way to do it, to send out a short e-mail to the second group (set B) about this, there's probably at lest a couple of 'people' that have not finished registration, and have also not noticed this event or have convinced themselves that they won't be affected. Dread the thought that the next masterpiece post is lost in this purge, because the user got mega discouraged after their account was deleted the day before they posted, gave up on writing compleatly, and became a sculptor or something.

Just to be clear, accounts of members who are no longer living won't be deleted right? Cause that would be kinda disrespectful considering their accounts are like memorials for them now.

tehelgee does "post" here only mean forum posts or profile/PM posts? It'd suck if someone had a PM conversation with one of these members (prior to PMs requiring one post) and it got vaporised due to recipient existence failure. There's also the question of what happens if there's a dead account whose profile has posts from live users.

Because most of QQ's content is in the NSFW section that requires login, a lot of people who would just stay as guests on other forums instead register lurker accounts.
The lurkers who are actively here won't get their accounts deleted, though, right? (Set A requires not logging in for a year.)
Wait, is there a way to check if you have completed e-mail registration?
If you haven't, you can't post. Ergo, if you have any posts the software clearly thinks you're registered.
Just to be clear, accounts of members who are no longer living won't be deleted right? Cause that would be kinda disrespectful considering their accounts are like memorials for them now.
It's a bit hard to check whether someone who's never posted here is dead. Probably at least one of them is, but it's not that much of a memorial if they've never done anything.

I don't follow? Surely some accounts that have made posts can still fall into set B? Or are people unable to post until they have registered their emails.

If that's the case who cares? If people want to get around the login filter without giving out their emails, what's the harm? Who on earth could possibly care about an inflated user count?

Ps. Reassigning user names and account numbers is more trouble than it is worth. Newly registered users may encounter bugs unless someone has checked all mention of old account ids are purged from things like pms, ignore lists, etc. Waste of developer time imo.

It's a bit hard to check whether someone who's never posted here is dead. Probably at least one of them is, but it's not that much of a memorial if they've never done anything.
I meant the known ones, the ones whose walls are memorials. I'm not stupid enough to think the mods can tell if most of the accounts belong to dead people or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back