• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Urban Fantasy Adventure[Original Setting/DFRPG Rules]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Crosspost on SV/SB/QQ
So I've been meaning to start writing for a while now, but I never muster...
Game Start

RedOrion

I trust you know where the happy button is?
Crosspost on SV/SB/QQ
So I've been meaning to start writing for a while now, but I never muster up the energy. Hopefully this quest will help me practice. We'll be using Dresden Files RPG for the rules, as I like the system and it's pretty rules light. If any of you experienced writers has some ideas on how to improve my writing, please send me a PM. I'd greatly appreciate the help, and would rather not clutter up the thread.
Options:
You wake up...
[X] You don't wake up. Clawing your way out of a freshly dug grave, you rise up to begin your vengeance upon the living.
[X] in a dank cave, surrounded by your many brothers and sisters. The last year was hard on your tribe but with this many children the losses should be replaced.
[X] in a perfectly normal bed, to begin your perfectly normal day.
[X] in a high rise in the swanky side of town. Your business might be rather specialized, but you can make good money trading things between the mundane and magical worlds.
[X] You don't. The sun has not yet set; it is not time for your kind to be about.
[X] still trapped in this disgusting, fleshy vessel. One day you will escape, and ride the firmament once more.
[X] and look out from your mountain home. You're still to small to fly, but it's getting late and Mother hasn't returned. It may be time to go hunt on your own.
[X] and grab your gear before brewing up a pot of coffee. Working night shift sucks, but the nasties are rarely active during the day.
[X] in a palatial mansion. You ring a bell and the homunculus' bring you your breakfast.
[X] with a panic, in the middle of nowhere and covered in blood. This isn't the first time this has happened.
[X] and say a quick prayer to the lord.
[X] where the hell do you wake up? (write in option)

CharacterCreation#2
Character Sheet
High Concept: Monster Hunter
[X] and grab your gear before brewing up a pot of coffee. Working night shift sucks, but the nasties are rarely active during the day.
Won by two votes. Votes closed.

The coffee sucks; it always does. Still you'll need your wits about you for this most recent case. Something or someone has been preying on the transient population. Normally it'd be a smart move. Sad as it is, most people don't notice, and those that do don't care.
Unluckily for whoever it is, you did notice.

[] You grew up on the streets; your contacts in the community gave you the heads up.
[] Your time as a cop served you well here. Taught you the importance of keeping an eye on the community. Most problems start here, and nipping them in the bud saves you effort down the line.
[] You got lucky. Growing up privileged, you never really spent time in the bad parts of town, but when chasing some scum down the alleys you lucked about a body.
[] Money talks. With the money you throw around, it easy to keep informed.
[] How did you figure it out? (Write in option)

The first thing that hits you is the stench. A cloying too sweet odor; it worms it's way up your nose like something alive. The body isn't much better. Whatever did this was vicious; the man mauled beyond all recognition. As you watch, a single fly lands on his eyeball and you almost puke. Taking a step back you remind yourself not to get attached. This wasn't a person anymore. People are vibrant, alive. People laugh and love and live.This is just a body. If it was a person you'd be mad. If this was a person you might make bad decisions, the kind that get yourself or others killed. So you disassociate. Tell yourself that it is just a body. You are not entirely successful.

As you investigate you discover...

[] This guys is dead. Definitely dead. (No Investigation Skill)
[] This guy is dead, his organs are gone and you think his spine is broken.(average)
[] Whatever happened here was supernatural. Few mundane things can leave gouges in solid stone. Not to mention his spine.(fair)
[] Whatever this thing was, it caught him unaware. What's more, this creature was strong. Strong enough to dent the ground when it landed.(good)
[] This fight was over quick. The creature leaped on the victim from the nearby roof; the force of the landing breaking his spine. It then pried open his chest to access to his organs. Finding out any more would take an in depth analysis.(great)

Starting Refresh
[] 6 Refresh/20 points
[] 7 Refresh/25 points

This first vote is going to be one of your aspects. This one deals with how you grew up. The second is how many ranks you have in the Investigation roll. Was going to put the Refresh as an in character vote, but it broke the flow and had to be removed.

Not entirely happy with this, but it's way overdue.
EDIT: Added the levels, so everyone know what they are spending points on. Also the character sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back