• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Throne3d assures me that quoting votes will not mess up the count; the script apparently deletes all quoted content before making a count. So feel free to quote votes.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Security! - 1

Quote Acktropa Vote Trading Post or send us a message with the story you want us here at Acktropar VTP™ to vote for on your behalf!
As long as you vote for War Games with as many votes (or more) than you want for your story of choice we're good.
First come first serve.
Please assume any votes for War Games that didn't get their message to you wanted you to vote for Slippery Slope.:p
Ok, this seems to work, the Acktropa Vote Trading Post, sponsoring MirrorVerse.
Wouldn't that be... the Snacktropa VTP™ :cool:
I'd call it the Snake Oil Trading Post.
Would this mess up the new vote counter? Since you quoted a vote.
Hmm. Good point. I'll edit it out of my post.
Throne3d assures me that quoting votes will not mess up the count; the script apparently deletes all quoted content before making a count. So feel free to quote votes.
I played around getting the script to work (very odd that pasting it into the address bar doesn't work, but making it a bookmark does), and found that once the script has run, if you scroll up to the top of the displayed section, then mouse over the very top right corner of it (about where the red 'x' would be in a windows program), an unmarked section will highlight, if you click it it will close the displayed window and let you see the thread again (at first I thought a refresh was required, and it is if you want to see quotes again); if you look at the page then, all of the quotes are completely stripped from the displayed content. This basically lets you see the raw data the script is counting the votes from.

There is no problem with quoting votes anymore.
Test concluded. Thank you.

Voting will continue.
Oh? What was this mystery test that was run?

[X] Bait & Switch - 1
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Really Bad End - 5
[X] Wyvern - 6

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] War Games - 1

Oh? What was this mystery test that was run?
When I was tallying votes, I found out that the vote counter failed to work when there was a message to indicate that voting had closed (not going to quote it exactly, as the javascript picks up on that). Fortunately, there was only one vote on the last page. I let Throne3d know, so he fixed it and sent me an updated version. The test was me putting
into a post, then testing the vote counting. It worked, so I altered the text.

(Note: Voting will continue. Still working on Alea Iacta Est)

Please assume any votes for War Games that didn't get their message to you wanted you to vote for Slippery Slope.:pI'd call it the Snake Oil Trading Post.I played around getting the script to work (very odd that pasting it into the address bar doesn't work, but making it a bookmark does), and found that once the script has run, if you scroll up to the top of the displayed section, then mouse over the very top right corner of it (about where the red 'x' would be in a windows program), an unmarked section will highlight, if you click it it will close the displayed window and let you see the thread again (at first I thought a refresh was required, and it is if you want to see quotes again); if you look at the page then, all of the quotes are completely stripped from the displayed content. This basically lets you see the raw data the script is counting the votes from.

There is no problem with quoting votes anymore.Oh? What was this mystery test that was run?

I meant that since Jim quoted a vote, would it count that as his vote, rather than whatever his actual vote was?

Anything and everything within a quote or a code tag will be completely ignored by the script. Unless something very severe happens, like someone decides to change xenForo's identification of code and quote tags (which hopefully won't happen, but it'd probably be quite obvious if it did), it will ignore them totally.
As edale says, if you close the vote tally window that appears after you run it, and then look at the page, there will be no quote or code tags.

The following parts of my message will be completely ignored by the script:
Code:
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4

The reason it doesn't work if you paste it into the address bar is that Chrome likes to strip the "javascript:" from the beginning of it. If you paste it, then go to the beginning of what you pasted, and ensure it actually says "javascript:", it will almost certainly work. If you just paste it and try running it like that, then despite what you had on your clipboard, Chrome (and possibly other web browsers) like to remove the "javascript:" part in favour of making it more difficult to run javascript, causing it to instead attempt to search for the code online (some people use JavaScript to spread spam and such, since it can perform automated actions like that, especially if you run some unknown code on, for example, Facebook).

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1
[X] Bait & Switch - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Recoil - 0
[X] Slippery Slope - 3
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 6

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] Security! - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

For some reason, I get the feeling this vote order here is going to stay the same for me for a long time.

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] Aftermath II: Union and Swarm *still looking hopeful*

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] All Alone - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] NSW - 4
[X] Danny & Taylor - 3
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Meet the Heberts - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

What I voted for last time. Not sure if all of them is still legible but nonetheless, here they are. Might as well watch this thread so I can vote everytime it's possible.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back