• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Weird Alert Glitch

HorizonTheTransient

Verified Histrionic
I got the alert:

KinKrow quoted your post in the thread [NSFW] Nasuverse Discussion, Ideas, Fic Rec Thread.

and the post I was linked to was this. Which, uh... Doesn't quote me at all. I dunno what made this fuck up like that. I'd guess something along the lines of user ID numbers doing something weird, but I'm not a sysadmin or even much of a programmer, so I'm probably wrong.

More often than not someone is accidentally quoted and the quote edited out. He looks to have posted in your thread before that post so it's not unlikely that he'd have a quote stored in the +Quote queue. Was that about it KinKrow or was it something else?

The quote-alert system works based on post number and doesn't actually check the content of the quote; if someone fumble-fingered a post number manually entering it and it happened to match one of yours, that could happen. Or else copied a quote block from SB/SV; that one I've seen happen before.

It doesn't look like either of those; the two quotes have working links that lead to someone else's post, both in the same thread.

It doesn't look like either of those; the two quotes have working links that lead to someone else's post, both in the same thread.
I thought I quoted one of somebody else's posts, but had yours.

And hoo boy, would that have been a woozy given what I had quoted and had replied.

Embarassing~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back