• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Wish upon the Stars (Original Superhero cultivation sci fi litrpg)

Man I and mrttao are just two people arguing/boring each other for the heck of it. So don't bother about our stuff

Granted my experience from cultivation is mainly from doulou dalu (soul land). Tho I don't see how my experience with cultivation is relevant here

1. In cultivation all the cheats are unique/or at least unique at the start of it in sci-fi all the FTL, genemods, AI's you mentoned are common not unique

2. All of the cheats in cultivation are created/discovered by protag. In sci-fi the "cheats" you mentioned are not discovered by the protag

3. As you yourself already said in the comments which I am repeating it for getting my point across and yes i do consider these differences significant as it's like saying apples and oranges are sames coz they are fruits. t's not.

1. Proof man proof.
2. Also you yourself has stated my point. Cultivation has smaller scope and thus has smaller power levels compared to sci-fi
3. Thanks for the rec mrttao. Adding it to my reading list pile.

Tbfh I can't imagine putting that much trust on your friend since I myself was bullied in my school days. That being said just coz I am not sympathizing or even understanding why the fuck is the protag doing this doesnt mean I can't enjoy said fic and I reiterate I am enjoying your fics
You know even in doulou dalu that while its not much in the stories the gods are higher dimensional beings while god kings are 5th dimensional beings? They easily affect things on a galactic scale seeing as thats what they do in between the books to get some shit done and seed life and stuff. Given their not really allowed to touch low life form stuff too much unless their direct relatives or some other stuff like possible planet destruction etc etc.
Though apparently gods rank 120 and below can be killed by the planet destroying blasts of the best ships in soul land. those above that just dust themselves off no idea how strong they are on feats less than a lot of scifi settings I presume. But, they at least have plenty of planet destroyers at the least and can affect stuff on a galactic level.

Last edited:
You know even in doulou dalu that while its not much in the stories the gods are higher dimensional beings while god kings are 5th dimensional beings? They easily affect things on a galactic scale seeing as thats what they do in between the books to get some shit done and seed life and stuff. Given their not really allowed to touch low life form stuff too much unless their direct relatives or some other stuff like possible planet destruction etc etc.
Though apparently gods rank 120 and below can be killed by the planet destroying blasts of the best ships in soul land. those above that just dust themselves off no idea how strong they are on feats less than a lot of scifi settings I presume. But, they at least have plenty of planet destroyers at the least and can affect stuff on a galactic level.
planet destroyers yes. galactic level didnt see it. that being said i dont want to restart this argument so lets leave this at this post

I feel like Benny bringing in the mc to the place kind of gives away who it is, doesn't it?

Nah, he hasn't really interacted Vengiello's at all since he became friends with Shane so no one there even knows Shane exists. I'd imagine they would assume his dad made some connections with the WCP is using Benny to push his political agenda.

Nah, he hasn't really interacted Vengiello's at all since he became friends with Shane so no one there even knows Shane exists. I'd imagine they would assume his dad made some connections with the WCP is using Benny to push his political agenda.
I guess that makes sense, but if someone is seriously trying to figure out who he is, they'd at least consider it was someone Benny knew, and in general you can lower the potential candidates of who it is by a significant margin by then keeping tabs on Benny and his dad, then looking at there associates and just eliminating people from there.

I guess that makes sense, but if someone is seriously trying to figure out who he is, they'd at least consider it was someone Benny knew, and in general you can lower the potential candidates of who it is by a significant margin by then keeping tabs on Benny and his dad, then looking at there associates and just eliminating people from there.

No one would though. the WCP is a universe level force. Idiots like Markie who are too mad dog not to attack are one thing, but engaging in a shadow war with a power on the same level as universe spanning empires would be insane. And any forces that would even attempt it wouldn't be anywhere near a backwater like Callus.

great update.
and I love medical wishes
and some kind of much that had come out of his pores
much -> muck
The concept of making objects with powers with powers was too exciting.
you said with powers twice
He looked haggard and sire
sire -> sore
or maybe tired?
I'd been so enraptured I'd barely my own exhaustion during the process.
barely my -> barely felt my

Isn't he wearing a WCP mask when checking out the blood emerald ? Seems a little incongruent for the shopkeeper to explain about the WCP to someone who is visibly a member of itself.

Isn't he wearing a WCP mask when checking out the blood emerald ? Seems a little incongruent for the shopkeeper to explain about the WCP to someone who is visibly a member of itself.
He was not explaining the WCP to the MC, he was explaining his own reasoning for why he does not go to the WCP.
"yes sir WCP is great like you said... for you. not for me. because I am weak mortal"

That I had known, though I wasn't aware powers like mind that used them all were more resistant to that change.
mind -> mine
and crystal balls sitting on plush pillows showing strange scenes that case their flickering lights on jars of unusual and disturbing ingredients
case -> cast
A man stepped out of a back room, carrying a glass box of what looked like free floating eyeballs suspended in gelatin. He seemed to be ignoring us, but when he caught sight of the group he stopped, blinking owlishly at us from behind a pair of half moon glasses. Beaker, it turned out, was dressed in a set of dark blue robes, with a set of scholarly spectacles as mentioned before and sparkling blue eyes. He was also probably twenty, and looked like he was trying WAY too hard to appear as a wise old wizard.
That... actually makes perfect sense for his cultivation since his legend will affect the growth of his attributes. Appear as an old wise wizard and you become one

The government monitors all communications, so the first thing I'm going to do is tell my friend I have an Ability over said communications after reaffirming my inability to bypass said communications.

I'm seeing an issue here.

The government monitors all communications, so the first thing I'm going to do is tell my friend I have an Ability over said communications after reaffirming my inability to bypass said communications.

I'm seeing an issue here.

Having an ability isn't an issue. He has to register eventually anyway they have teams for finding people with powers. The nature of his ability is the problem, and that's what he didn't want to say over open channels. there's a grace period of a few weeks for reporting your ability, for reasons that will be explained later.

Last edited:
Her tone was businesslike and to the point, but my head was spinning from all the information.
This spinning head trope is extremely common in xianxia and I don't get why.
Whenever the MC has a spinning head from info they were just given some basic and obvious info
get starter gear, get mentor, get starter missions.
what is there to spin about?

This spinning head trope is extremely common in xianxia and I don't get why.
Whenever the MC has a spinning head from info they were just given some basic and obvious info
get starter gear, get mentor, get starter missions.
what is there to spin about?

Mostly it's because a custom made set of H grade armor is very much NOT starter gear. Remember that I grade is barely a grade, but it's where most of them start out and it's the level the starter gear usually is. H grade lasts comparatively ten times as long so having a custom suit made for him at his current grade is a much bigger investment.

Not to mention, he's getting it for free when people who sign up the regular way have to take out a loan and pay it back. Most people don't get a suit of custom H grade gear for years. Plus personal mentorship from a high grade hero instead of just sitting in a class or reading a handbook like the usual newbies, which will allow him to get out in the field and advance much faster.

It's like starting at a new school and being told the best teachers are going to personally tutor you and they're giving you a full set of the most comprehensive and up to date textbooks to keep. It's a lot to take in.

Mostly it's because a custom made set of H grade armor is very much NOT starter gear. Remember that I grade is barely a grade, but it's where most of them start out and it's the level the starter gear usually is. H grade lasts comparatively ten times as long so having a custom suit made for him at his current grade is a much bigger investment.

Not to mention, he's getting it for free when people who sign up the regular way have to take out a loan and pay it back. Most people don't get a suit of custom H grade gear for years. Plus personal mentorship from a high grade hero instead of just sitting in a class or reading a handbook like the usual newbies, which will allow him to get out in the field and advance much faster.

It's like starting at a new school and being told the best teachers are going to personally tutor you and they're giving you a full set of the most comprehensive and up to date textbooks to keep. It's a lot to take in.
I... don't think it is a lot to take in though. It is very little to take in.
Oh it is cool, it is great, it is a huge advantage.
But it is not a lot.

If someone is told "hey, you won the a billion dollars"
I would expect squealing with joy,
I don't understand being confused and unable to process the information. Or saying it is a lot to process.

Also. I thought MC doesn't know anything about how it works. He didn't even know that an outflow center exists. So how does he know that those are NOT standard stuff? They said they are assigning him a mentor / suit / etc but they never told him that other people do not get those things.

I... don't think it is a lot to take in though. It is very little to take in.
Oh it is cool, it is great, it is a huge advantage.
But it is not a lot.

If someone is told "hey, you won the a billion dollars"
I would expect squealing with joy,
I don't understand being confused and unable to process the information. Or saying it is a lot to process.

Also. I thought MC doesn't know anything about how it works. He didn't even know that an outflow center exists. So how does he know that those are NOT standard stuff? They said they are assigning him a mentor / suit / etc but they never told him that other people do not get those things.

I mean some of it is commons sense. They have dozens of newbies all the time, no way they assign a personal mentor to each one, she also straight up told him the things they're offering are enticements and part of the contract for being such a powerful seed, which means theyre extras other people don't get, or what would be the point.

Also, agree to disagree there, if someone offered me a billion dollars my brain would basically short circuit. I'd spend the next few days just fantasizing about what to do with it all before I spent a dime of at, but that might just be me. I mean hell, the sheer possibilities of his new gear alone would probably blue screen my brain for a few minutes. Just running variations and potential builds. Even without knowing what capabilities they can have just the designs and aesthetics are mind boggling.

But then I'm the kind of person who plays a game and spends an hour in character creation, then quits out of boredom ten minutes after starting the story lmao. It's part of why I write.

You should consider posting your stories on royal road. The website helps authors try and make money off of writing by having buttons at the end of each chapter that goes to both their PayPal and their patreon. I've seen people their make like 13k a month, and there are a lot of books with smaller followings that still make decent money. From what I can tell the website rewards people the most by uploading often which you do. Anyways, you should consider it, as there no real downside that I know of.

You should consider posting your stories on royal road. The website helps authors try and make money off of writing by having buttons at the end of each chapter that goes to both their PayPal and their patreon. I've seen people their make like 13k a month, and there are a lot of books with smaller followings that still make decent money. From what I can tell the website rewards people the most by uploading often which you do. Anyways, you should consider it, as there no real downside that I know of.

Both of my current active stories are actually on there already, as is my only completed story. My young justice story sell you a bridge is in the top 2000 on the rankings there, and Wish upon the Stars just broke into the top 10,000 though it has a ways to go before it catches up since its so new lol. I mostly only post Wish on here because the text editor has a word count meter and patreon doesnt and I only update on RR every five days. I appreciate all my readers for my daily updates though, and I'm glad you like my stories!

The more points I could get early on, the more wishes I could grant and the stronger I would get. All that would snowball into rank ups, which would form a vicious cycle with my public image,
Virtuous cycle not vicious.
Virtuous cycle and vicious cycle are both feedback loops that self reinforce.
The only difference between them is that vicious cycle leads towards a bad end, while a virtuous cycle leads towards a good end

Virtuous cycle not vicious.
Virtuous cycle and vicious cycle are both feedback loops that self reinforce.
The only difference between them is that vicious cycle leads towards a bad end, while a virtuous cycle leads towards a good end

I considered using virtuous, but it's vicious to his enemies. It does have detrimental results, just not to him. Admittedly a somewhat pretentious reason to use the term but I thought it fit better. Slightly more violent undertones. I can change it if it doesn't flow though. Come to think of it that logic probably isn't obvious to anyone but me so I probably should lol. I went ahead and changed it, sometimes I lose track of people not being able to tell what I was thinking when I put stuff in lmao.

I considered using virtuous, but it's vicious to his enemies. It does have detrimental results, just not to him. Admittedly a somewhat pretentious reason to use the term but I thought it fit better. Slightly more violent undertones. I can change it if it doesn't flow though. Come to think of it that logic probably isn't obvious to anyone but me so I probably should lol. I went ahead and changed it, sometimes I lose track of people not being able to tell what I was thinking when I put stuff in lmao.
Another thing to consider is who is saying things. It would make more sense for a Narrator to call it a vicious cycle. MC though is the one who is thinking it, and wouldn't think "good results for me are a bad thing" :p

Another thing to consider is who is saying things. It would make more sense for a Narrator to call it a vicious cycle. MC though is the one who is thinking it, and wouldn't think "good results for me are a bad thing" :p

The thought process was less good results are a bad thing and more good results are a bad thing for my enemies lol, but I didnt really make that clear in story so it just looked out of place I think.

Can his friend wish that the MC has a costume and MC gives back whatever the friend paid?

You could also think of it as does the person talking know that a positive cycle is called a virtuous cycle? I certainly didn't and I would have called it a vicous cycle even though technically it's incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back