• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I'm betting there's a 75% chance it is for someone's birthday party/birthday present.

Well we know his priorities can be a bit skewed after the whole enlightenment thing, so there is a high possibility that he considers a friends birthday to be more important than the sheer clusterfuck Earth is about to undergo.

Because he wanted revenge really really badly, and this was the method with which he decided to get it.

Plus he also gets more data on what makes a good Lantern, so it's both business and pleasure:D

Hey Zoat is Dox talking to Georgia Sivana and is there a potential for a romance there between the two?

Why, Dox? Why did you do this?

First of all why hasn't he contacted Dox to find olut what the fuck he is playing at, and second now that he knows this idiot is about to hire who knows how many alien mercs I hope this isn't going to get dragged out and he'll just shut this idiot down hard.

"Even outside of our core competencies, opportunities abound for tech-divergent leverage! Already, multiple requests for freelance peacekeeping support services have been forwarded to our outsourcing-handlers!"
"And that's when I blew up his head, hacked his ship's datanet, and ensured that a flood of extra-terrestrial mercenary companies were no longer en route to turn Earth into the next Tamaran."

Because this is the point where a somewhat slow-moving although still dire threat to the sovereignty of every nation on Earth suddenly became an imminent threat to the safety of every person on the planet.

I'm a little confused. Manga Khan is here in an official capacity as a representative of the Orange Lantern Corps, correct?

Is the robot L Ron meant to be Hubbard?

A shout out, he's not actually the author downloaded into a robot or anything.

Other robot assistants are Hein-9, K-Dikk, and later J-Lo, who wants to be Manga's girlfriend.

L-Ron was briefly a justice league member, actually, he ended up accidentally possessing Despero's body.

Presumably why the Young Justice cartoon has L-Ron be Despero's majordomo. Which looks more like Kelex, which is kind of weird but whatever.

But it's not like there couldn't be more than one L-Ron.

Frankly, I'm not sure you understood what you've been saying here; Vaermina holds the position that Time Trapper was essentially the final boss and that, by helping him, OL has fucked up the multiverse. I started off looking for Vae to provide evidence or arguments for that so when you say that they 'bent' the multiverse, you're either moving the goalposts or totally missing the point.
Ok well I don't hold that position
From my impression, the argument here was about whether or not paul(s) assisted with breaking the multiverse

• P1. If OL and Time Trapper are the same person, they are liable for each other's actions.
  • P2. OL and Time Trapper are the same person.
  • C1. They are liable for each other's actions.
And
  • P3. OL is liable for Time Trapper's actions.
  • P4. Time Trapper tried to work with Krona.
  • P5. Time Trapper is responsible for the actions of those he works with.
  • C2. OL is liable for trying to work with Krona and for the thing Krona did.
P1. Time trapper worked with Krona
P2. Krona attempted to break the multiverse
P3. Time trapper provided assistance with this by working with him (supply lab-space etc)
P4. Time trapper broke the multiverse by taking a timeline that didn't exist and forcing it into the multiverse
P5. Paul helped with this

So yeah, if you've got an arguement for OL being responsible for bringing harm to the multiverse, I'm happy to be convinced.
The argument was never that he was completely responsible it was that he helped break the multiverse in this case what I mean is that Paul assisted Time trapper with rebuilding his timeline and forcing it into the multiverse here and here.

6th April
04:23 GMT

I'm standing in what appears to be a communal area on the command sphere of the Cluster ship, people-watching. I've identified several species so far, some wearing the symbol of the ClusterCorp and others not. Not everyone here is employed by the ClusterCorp directly; some are contractors while others actually pay for a berth and make money taking advantages of the opportunities Comic King creates. Some of them are AIs with robotic bodies and others are wearing the same sort of power armour as Comic King himself. Less garishly decorated, though.
So, quite diverse. I see there's no bias against the synthetic-origin entities... Quite the equal-opportunity employer, then.

A gold-coloured L-series robot floats towards me. The model is high customisable, but even though the head matches what I saw over my ring that doesn't mean that it's the same individual. If it even has human-equivalent intelligence.

"Greeting, Illustres."
Ah, the joy of stock body types. Polite, at least.

"Hello. I'm sorry, you didn't say your name?"

"I am L-Ron, majordomo to-."
Ah, they're doing the dramatic entrance schtick, and failing?

"I said majordomo to-."

I frown. "I'm not sure-?"
Come on, OL, play along.

"Majordomo to-."

There's a thud on the far side of a nearby door.
"Lord-Lantern Manga Khan demands to know: who locked this door?!"

L-Ron sinks slightly in the air.

"Excuse me."

L-Ron turns away, floating over to the door control panel and extruding a small tool which it proceeds to insert into the door's control system. It chimes, the door opening momentarily to reveal Lord-Lantern Comic King on the far side.
Boy, what a class act this guy is... He'd have done great on the Vaudeville stage...

"I, Lord-L-!"

The door closes again.
And OL was expecting this, wasn't he? To be honest, I'd probably be smiling at least.

"Ah."

Why did we give this guy a power ring?
Because Vril Dox II is a dick.

"Should I go out and come in again?"

"No, we can pretend that this didn't happen without you physically leaving." It disconnects from the door control. "This time for sure, m'lord!"
What is this, Christmas Panto? Should we be calling out "Oh no it isn't!"?

"Understood, my loyal servant, secretary and lackey!"

L-Ron float in place for a moment.
I can hear the virtual sigh. Good gods, this guy needs a new boss.

"I've asked him not to call me that."

"Maybe you should consider unionising."

BLAAARP BLAAARP BLAAARP-
And of course 'union' is their most foul swear word.

The passers by dive for cover behind pillars, seating, suddenly appearing rows of chest-high walls or their more solid looking co-workers.

-BLAAARP-!
Amusing image, diving behind a burly buddy. Given that some aliens have what pass for superpowers to humans...

"Oh dear. You-"

-BLAAAAAAAAAAAARP!

"-shouldn't have said that."
offscreen: "I hope it's worth all the noise!"

I don my armour and generate construct armour. But… Nothing appears to happen.

"Um."
Well... That's anti-climactic. Perhaps you should service them more often?

"Perhaps they need oil-"

Gatling laser turrets on ball mounts deploy from the ceiling, the walls, the floor and a flower bed.

"-or perhaps not."
Of course there's one in the flowers. It's the style of it, you know. Presentation!

They fire, and… They're lasers. If I was an unarmoured civilian, this would be quite deadly. As it is, my construct armour is entirely untroubled.

"Not an organised labour friendly environment?"
Good thing they weren't orange lasers, at least. But I suppose the red ones are cheaper. And you won't profit by splurging on fancier death-rays.

"To say the-" A stray laser shot hits him and deflects off his highly reflective outer casing. "-least, sir."

I raise my left hand and destroy each turret with precision bolts of orange light.

"Just so we're clear, Lord-Lantern Manga Khan is the one with the ring and not you, right?"
Because I get the feeling OL would prefer otherwise. Though I get the feeling L-Ron might get a little grabby towards his boss then...

He doesn't breathe, but I hear him sigh.

"That is so, sir." He pauses. "Ahem!"
Lovely personality coding. Body language works wonders.

"Ready!"

"I am L-Ron, majordomo to..."

The door slams open, and a figure in gold armour accessorised with a purple-with-orange-trim cape strides through.

"Lord-Lantern Manga Khan! Which is me!"
Took a few tries, but it finally worked. Persistence win?

And there's an orange power ring on his left middle finger.

"Here to gather resources from this world for the fungible glory of ClusterCorp! Earth's economic and fiscal distinctiveness shall be added to our own! Its financial systems will adapt to service us!"

Why, Dox? Why did you do this?
Definitely need to have a chat with him later, OL.

"Our thirst for profit knows no bounds! The resources requirements of ClusterCorp is my sole consideration! My first upon waking!"

His species doesn't sleep.
...Why am I not surprised? I mean, it makes sense a sapient cloud of gas wouldn't suffer physical fatigue...

"My last upon retiring! And already as the Earth's planetary government reacts to our arrival with confusion, other free economic actors heed the call of profit! As the sole supplier of off-world services, ClusterCorp and licensed affiliates is perfectly placed to take advantage of a favourable trading environment!"

There's a brief pause, and one of the ClusterCorp employees hiding behind a raised bed risks sticking his head up and clapping-.
Wait for it.

"Not yet!"

He ducks back down again, arms over his head.
I see the crew are well-used to their boss' quirks.

"And light-touch regulatory regime!"

"M'lord, they don't yet have a regulatory regime."
Don't spoil his monologue with facts, L-Ron! He's clearly on a roll.

"Then its touch cannot be anything but light! Furthermore, opportunities abound for establishing permanent trade posts and inflating demand further! What we exchange during the initial contact period is but the smallest fraction of what long-term transactioneering might profit us!"

Well… Nice to know that he's thinking long term.
As annoying as that will be. I restate my comment about Kooey Kooey Kooey Island.

"Even outside of our core competencies, opportunities abound for tech-divergent leverage! Already, multiple requests for freelance peacekeeping support services have been forwarded to our outsourcing-handlers!"

Ooooh… Dear.

Alright, the League can sort of blame me for that one.
Because how would these guys know the difference between legitimate governments and illegal organisations? Or, more accurately, care?

"But now I will consult with my valued external operating partner, the Illustres of the Orange Lantern Corps, providing a full briefing on corporate strategy so that on the morrow we may begin synergising with local assets and begin value-extraction in the most expedient manner!"

"I'd be happy to, but-"
But? Prior commitments?
offscreen: "Do we clap now?"

"Excellent!"

"-I'm afraid that a full consultation will have to wait. I have plans tomorrow."

"Plans?! What plans could possibly be of more significance than the day upon which I, Lord-Lantern Manga Khan, first arrived at your planet?!"
"The day I graced your village was the greatest day of your life... But for me, it was Tuesday."

Thank goodness OL can regulate his bloodflow. Imagine the migraine he'd have if he couldn't... And I hope those plans include a call to Dox, as a 'What the fornicating hells were you thinking?'

L-Ron float in place for a moment.
L-Ron floats in place for a moment.

"And that's when I blew up his head, hacked his ship's datanet, and ensured that a flood of extra-terrestrial mercenary companies were no longer en route to turn Earth into the next Tamaran."

Because this is the point where a somewhat slow-moving although still dire threat to the sovereignty of every nation on Earth suddenly became an imminent threat to the safety of every person on the planet.
Except he can't do that because he would lose the support of Dox and the rest of the Orange Lantern Corp.

Mr Zoat has Comic King reached out to Mars at all? Technically speaking they would also be a great market and are spacefaring planet.

There fairly isolationist, despite possessing space flight for possibly centuries, and they may also not have many things Khan would be interested in.

"Plans?! What plans could possibly be of more significance than the day upon which I, Lord-Lantern Manga Khan, first arrived at your planet?!"
For him, the day he graced Earth seemed to him the most important day of Earthlings' life. But for Paul, it was Friday.

[Edit : typo fix]

Last edited:
The passers by dive for cover
'passers-by'?

Is the robot L Ron meant to be Hubbard?
That was what was said about the original comics...

If we wanted to be really cruel to the author, then we might request a scene where Manga Khan meets Mojo Jojo... Excessive melodrama on one side, epic rants in third person on the other...

I think I detect a certain flavour of Monty Python here... Also, this smells like an invite for Lobo to appear on the scene... (If this was a Marvel world then I'd say Death's Head...)

Last edited:
'passers-by'?

That was what was said about the original comics...

If we wanted to be really cruel to the author, then we might request a scene where Manga Khan meets Mojo Jojo... Excessive melodrama on one side, epic rants in third person on the other...

I think I detect a certain flavour of Monty Python here... Also, this smells like an invite for Lobo to appear on the scene... (If this was a Marvel world then I'd say Death's Head...)

Wonder if Marvel Paul has to deal with Mojo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back