• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Worm, Galvante.

Swordstire

Know what you're doing yet?
There's this character in Worm named Galvante, his a Birdcage inmate who's a block leader. According to the Wiki, he can grant people Invincibility, Brute level strength, and a charge that lets a person electrocute someone to death.

It isn't clarify if this ability is temporary or permanent. Or if it has a form of Master effect attached to it like Teacher and Bastard Son's power.

Can anyone help some more light to this power or offer some discussion or theory regarding it.

edit: this is working on the premise Blank protects you from Master Effects, not just Precog Thinkers. I went to check again, and it doesn't seem to do this, but most fanfics imply that it does. Can anyone clarify this?

Last edited:
The question is essentially, 'What part of the Trump's trigger event determines the nuances of the resulting power?'

In short, what was the relationship to powers at the time of the trigger event?
[...]

Galvanate grants invincibility, a brute effect, and an electric touch. Not so different from Usher; we can note that the power granted is consistent (one threat), but isn't a direct response/counter to the power (ie. isn't nullification/power resistance, so the triggeree isn't directly being affected by powers).

It's possible that the enemy was a parahuman actively using their powers, but the trigger/threat was more indirect, and the threat was to multiple individuals (can grant power to many people).

The involvement of electricity suggests a theme or context element. Machinery, perhaps? I picture a mob enforcer and his people fighting an enemy from another group, who is bombarding an area with incendiary shells and missiles.

A tinker in a mech suit, firing off an endless barrage. Galvanate's group, his men, friends, maybe family, are all in danger as fire spreads and sections of building start to come down. Trigger.

Straight from the big man upstairs.

also

Possible power limitations:

Ratios - Galvante can't give those he empowers 100% in all aspects of invincibility, electrokinesis and strength, but needs to divide it, on what the situation currently demands.

Party Limit - Galvante can only give abilities to a set number of people, either being the size of his gang that were currently in danger during his crisis point or some other significant number in his life

Kingmaker - Galvante can only empower those without active shards, meaning he can't give someone like Skitter, a cape, but he can give them to Danny, a mundane.

The question is essentially, 'What part of the Trump's trigger event determines the nuances of the resulting power?'

In short, what was the relationship to powers at the time of the trigger event?
[...]

Galvanate grants invincibility, a brute effect, and an electric touch. Not so different from Usher; we can note that the power granted is consistent (one threat), but isn't a direct response/counter to the power (ie. isn't nullification/power resistance, so the triggeree isn't directly being affected by powers).

It's possible that the enemy was a parahuman actively using their powers, but the trigger/threat was more indirect, and the threat was to multiple individuals (can grant power to many people).

The involvement of electricity suggests a theme or context element. Machinery, perhaps? I picture a mob enforcer and his people fighting an enemy from another group, who is bombarding an area with incendiary shells and missiles.

A tinker in a mech suit, firing off an endless barrage. Galvanate's group, his men, friends, maybe family, are all in danger as fire spreads and sections of building start to come down. Trigger.

Straight from the big man upstairs.

also

Possible power limitations:

Ratios - Galvante can't give those he empowers 100% in all aspects of invincibility, electrokinesis and strength, but needs to divide it, on what the situation currently demands.

Party Limit - Galvante can only give abilities to a set number of people, either being the size of his gang that were currently in danger during his crisis point or some other significant number in his life

Kingmaker - Galvante can only empower those without active shards, meaning he can't give someone like Skitter, a cape, but he can give them to Danny, a mundane.

Are the possible power limitations once he actually has, or theoretical? Because Galvante was apparently able to empower Alexandria and others with his power. So he doesn't have that Kingmaker limitation.

Are the possible power limitations once he actually has, or theoretical? Because Galvante was apparently able to empower Alexandria and others with his power. So he doesn't have that Kingmaker limitation.

Theoretical, Didn't know he empowered becca, I'm mostly reading off the wiki as you do.

Theoretical, Didn't know he empowered becca, I'm mostly reading off the wiki as you do.

Are one or more of these limitations something all Trumps deal with?
Because I can't see any of these limitations on Teacher, maybe Kingmaker or Ratios and or Party Limit for Bastard Son.

Are one or more of these limitations something all Trumps deal with?
Because I can't see any of these limitations on Teacher, maybe Kingmaker or Ratios and or Party Limit for Bastard Son.

Nope, the limitations are purely theoretical, that's why it's called possible power limitations. Though I would recommend giving them at least some limitations, it is what inspires innovation afterall.

Also Trump limitations are quite literally endless, it could range from anything to a weakeness to a certain material, a keyword or even the time of day. Shards are stupid like that, kinda similar to stand from jojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back