• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Would you rather studios just stop constant making new a Isekia`s every season, or start having characters inserted into know franchises instead?

None of your bee wax!

Finding the meaning of life, somewhere...
A lot of people (me included) seem a bit tired of how many Isekia`s that keep popping up. (A lot of fantasy world with mundane skills being overpowered, or just slice of life comedy) This in-turn, made want to ask others thoughts on how new stories could be made while reusing older or misused properties that people want to get more of.

Personally I would rather have a show I know getting a fresh look with an insert by the author: then get more dime-a-dozen overpowered, Not, watcher insert. It`s not like the idea hasn`t been tried to some degree. Bandai has a few short Manga`s with inserts for female characters; such as kycilia Zabi being the younger then even Garma, so I could also see someone replacing Char for a more comedy take, or even a more serious one with some one trying to survive as Bright for instance.

Other franchises like Ghost in the shell, Evangelion, or Macross could due with a fresh perspective and a new story. Not like we need to be constrained to only follow Main characters from the original source material, plenty of new paths to take, depending on the authors chops when it comes to expanding Background lore. Really, when you get down to it, there`s plenty of new paths to take without needed to create new characters whole cloth, and if we are to get more people inserting them selves into fantasy scenarios, then I rather it not try and be a reflection of the viewers rather then the writer.

I'd say more Isekais from people that aren't us is the way to go, whether pre-existing franchises or not (Probably not- copyright issues are a pain). Full on reverse is alright like Uncle From Another World- laugh riot that- but I'd also like to see more evil people showing up places they don't belong like the movie Warlock which has an evil wizard popping up on our Earth,; maybe stuff a necromancer in a post-scarcity space faring society of neo-hippies to give em some color.

Last edited:
I'd say more Isekais from people that aren't us is the way to go, whether pre-existing franchises or not (Probably not- copyright issues are a pain). Full on reverse is alright like Uncle From Another World- laugh riot that- but I'd also like to see more evil people showing up places they don't belong like the movie Warlock which has an evil wizard popping up on our Earth,; maybe stuff a necromancer in a post-scarcity space faring society of neo-hippies to give em some color.

Part of the reason behind the sheer lack of creativity is a lack of interest in it

Remember these stuff are supposed to be stress relief and it takes too much work and creativity to diverge from the usual formula

Just about every Isekai fantasy world is both a little too much alike with the same "Maou VS Yuusha", the same "Adventurer's Guild", the same vaguely European aesthetic/setting and rank system

I'd pay to see one set in a cyberpunk setting or one with more magitech and that reverse Isekai you mention

Neither.

Isekais are popular escapism, that is what entertainment is all about.

And doing inserts into established frenchises will backfire with the existing fan base, IMHO.

And be meta as hell, and that in right now.

Neither.

Isekais are popular escapism, that is what entertainment is all about.

And doing inserts into established frenchises will backfire with the existing fan base, IMHO.

And be meta as hell, and that in right now.

Wasn't there a Yamcha DragonBall SI manga?

He doesn't try stealing Bulma from Vegeta

There was also an Isekai manga starring some villain character from Fist of The North Star and also an Isekai manga starring Retsu Kaioh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back