• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Game of Thrones: A Stark Shard.

Chapter lenght

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

An SI wakes up in the body of a 10-year-old Robb Stark, without his memories. To avoid the original end, he must win the game. Thankfully, he has connected to something impossible: a Shard of an entity with a power well-known to him. But, it has some twists that may be the key to winning the game. After all, winning means being willing to go farther than the other guy.
Last edited:
Chapter 1: Arrival in a Known Realm.

InfinityReads999

Getting sticky.
Author's Note: Hey guys, this is my first fanfiction ever, but I hope you enjoy it. It won't be the best ever, obviously, but I'll try to maintain a schedule. This is being crossposted, and you can find up to chapter 30-ish on Webnovel. I hope that by posting it here, my readership will grow.

For now, I'll post chapters as I finish editing the existing ones since, to be honest, the first chapters were terrible, lol.

Either way, enjoy!

As I opened my eyes, blinking to clear the white spots from my vision, I couldn't shake the confusion about where I was. My hands groped around, and I gasped when I saw the pool of blood nearby. The last thing I remembered was going out with my friends for drinks at the bar down the street from my house.

Struggling to stand, I was immediately hit with dizziness that spread through my body. My hand instinctively went to my head and found it damp. Pulling my hand away, I saw it stained with blood.

The stench of the street filled my nostrils, making me recoil from the smell of garbage. And waking up in a dark alley with what seemed like a serious head injury was definitely not part of my plans.
As I realized my clothes weren't the ones I had been wearing, my confusion deepened. I scanned the alley for a reflection, but I found no windows near me. I approached a puddle at the alley's entrance. I knelt, staring in disbelief at my reflection.

I looked much younger than I should have. My bloodied face resembled a ten-year-old Robb Stark. That thought never crossed my mind among the theories of where I might be. I slumped back, wondering what the hell was happening to me.

Faint memories of a tipsy conversation with my closest friend lingered. We had debated better endings for some characters in Game of Thrones.

Finding myself in a situation that had only existed in my dreams was overwhelming. The impact was so intense that I could only wander the town. I clutched my head and prayed to any god listening. I hoped this was Winterfell, where my new family held power and would find me soon.
As I had no memories of the original Robb. I could only awkwardly smile at the commoners. They shouted my name upon seeing the lord's injured heir walking alone in the town. Feeling my strength wane, I collapsed face-first onto the dirt and passed out. My last thoughts were a hope that the maester could help me once someone took me to the castle.

Lord Eddard Stark
As a father, one of the worst things is hearing that someone has injured your son. When two guards entered my study, they had bad news. They found Robb wandering Wintertown with a bleeding head. It pained me more than anything. Even the deaths of my family didn't compare. I had lost my father, my brother Brandon, and my sister, Lyanna, during the rebellion. Hearing about my heir's injury was a stab to the heart. I ran through Winterfell's stone corridors to Maester Luwin's office, desperate for news of my son.

Maester Luwin
Maester Luwin furrowed his brow with concern as he tended to Robb Stark's head wound. The young heir lay motionless on the examination table, blood dripping from the wound. The maester hastened his work. He cleaned the wound with care. His hands darted, but his eyes flashed with intensity.

Ned Stark's heavy footsteps echoed through Winterfell's corridors. He hurried to Luwin's office, worry etched on his brow. He pushed the door open, his cloak billowing behind him. His gaze fell on his unconscious son.

"Luwin, how is he? Is he going to be all right?" asked Eddard Stark, his eyes wide as he leaned in to get a better view of his eldest son.

Maester Luwin raised his eyes, his face etched with worry, yet his tone soothed.

"Lord Stark, he received a strong blow to the head. The wound is deep, but I've stopped the bleeding. Now he needs rest, and time will tell," Luwin replied as he washed his hands in a basin of water.

Ned approached the table, his heart sinking as he looked at his son, so still and pale.

"He hasn't woken up. How long has it been?" asked Eddard, swallowing hard. He worried for his heir, usually stoic but now concerned in private with Maester Luwin and his injured son.

Luwin's hands moved with precision as he crafted a response. His voice was calm despite the serious situation.

"Not long, my lord. These things take time. Robb is strong; he will wake up," Luwin explained.

Ned's fists clenched at his sides, his palpable concern evident as he watched Luwin work.

"He must." Ned said, "Our family worries about him," aware of the shared concern outside as he hears the master's verdict. Sansa, Jon, and his mother all cared and were waiting for the news outside the solar.

Luwin finished bandaging the wound. He wrapped Robb snugly in a blanket and then he stepped back to allow Ned to approach.

"He will, Lord Stark. Give him time. The Old Gods are kinder to some than to others," Luwin said.

Ned nodded, his gaze never leaving his son's face.

"Thank you, Luwin. Keep me informed of any changes," said Ned, giving the master space to continue with his heir's treatment.

Luwin nodded in response; his expression was serious.

Luwin: "Of course, my lord."

Ned stayed a moment longer. He gently stroked Robb's hair, then turned to leave. As the door closed, Maester Luwin turned his gaze to his young charge. He prayed for Robb Stark's swift recovery in these uncertain times.

Eddard Stark

Ned emerged from Maester Luwin's office with heavy steps. He met his wife Catelyn and the other Starks who waited anxiously outside. All eyes were on him, desperately searching for some sign of hope on his face.

"How is Robb? Is he going to be okay?" Cat's voice quavered as she clutched Ned's hand tightly for reassurance.

Ned tried to appear calm through his gaze, despite feeling troubled by his own thoughts.

"Luwin is doing everything he can. The wound is serious, but he's stable. He says we need to give him time," Ned replied, feeling the weight of responsibility on his shoulders.

Sansa and Arya approached, worried. Bran watched in silence. He didn't understand the situation but sensed the tension. Theon and Jon were in the back, worried, but trusted Ned enough to wait for him to finish the explanation.

"Is he going to wake up soon, Father?" asked Sansa, her voice trembling and eyes watering, seeking hope.

Ned's nod conveyed gravity even as he infused his words with optimism.

"Yes, Sansa. Luwin believes so. Robb is strong, like his mother and father. Everything will be all right," Ned said, trying to instill confidence in his children.

Arya stared at her father, her jaw tense as she struggled to contain her emotions.
"Can I see him?" Arya demanded to see her brother with her own eyes, just to ensure he was okay.

Ned embraced her tenderly, feeling the fragility of his family in this moment of uncertainty.

"Soon, Arya. Let's give Luwin time. He'll keep us informed," Ned replied, comforting his daughter.

Catelyn clung to Ned. Relief and concern crossed her eyes as they looked at the closed door of the master's office.

"Robb has to wake up. He has to be okay," said Catelyn with determination, expressing her deep desire.

Ned nodded, his voice full of determination as he looked at his gathered family.

"He will be, Catelyn. We're in this together. And together, we'll get through this," Ned affirmed with conviction.

The Starks embraced, finding comfort in family unity. They anxiously awaited Robb's return to consciousness and health.

Robb Stark

Robb Stark remained in a state of deep unconsciousness, but in his mind, he had a vision of two entities of exceptional size. He instinctively knew these beings were the "Entities" from Worm. They granted powers in a parallel universe very different from Westeros, where he now found himself.

In his vision, he watched as a single shard split. It then communicated with itself, exchanging parts with a precision that defied understanding. Robb knew these entities were linked to his new powers. But, he did not understand why or how they interacted with him in this different universe.

As the vision faded, Robb clung to his new insights. He knew something monumental had occurred. Meanwhile, his family waited outside Maester Luwin's office. They were anxious and unaware of Robb's transformation or the entities now tied to his fate.

Chapter 2: Awakening.

Author's note: The first couple of chapters are kinda meh since I had to do the setup and had no idea what I was doing, but I'd like to think I did a better job later on. I already have up to chapter 11 double-checked for grammar and all that. I'll post about three a day for now until I catch up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robb Stark woke up slowly, a strange sense of connection lingering at the edge of his consciousness. He recalled the vision of the entities and the determination it had stirred within him: he had a power. With his eyes still closed, he concentrated, feeling the presence of beings at the back of his mind.

In response to his mental call, a few tiny insects began to move around the room, responding to his will. They were timid at first. Robb found it surprising that he could control them. But the lack of insects in the North limited what he could do.

As he pondered the implications of his new abilities, Maester Luwin entered cautiously, noting Robb's awakening.

"Robb, how are you feeling?" Luwin asked with a kind yet concerned tone, stepping closer to assess his condition.

Robb's eyelids lifted, and comfort washed over him at the maester's presence.

"I feel... confused," Robb admitted, his voice reflecting his bewilderment. "Maester, what happened?"

Luwin briefly recounted the accident and how Robb had been unconscious for a period of time. Robb nodded slowly, trying to piece together his thoughts amid the haze.

"I don't remember much," Robb frowned. He tried to recall his original self, but found only fragments and a mix of fanfictions and the original series.

Luwin gave him an understanding look. "That's to be expected, Robb. Head injuries can cause memory loss. I recall reading about such cases at the Citadel, though witnessing one is different. Don't worry; often, memories do return."

Robb tried to recall more, but only fleeting memories of Winterfell and his family came to mind. He remembered snippets of his childhood. But, much of what any Stark should know felt distant.

After a brief chat about his health, Luwin decided to send a messenger to inform Lord Stark of Robb's awakening. While they awaited Ned's arrival, Robb contemplated the implications of his newfound powers, aware that his incomplete knowledge could prove both an asset and a liability in the uncertain future unfolding in the cold North.

Lord Eddard Stark

A swift-footed messenger burst into Ned Stark's study with urgency. Bowing quickly, he handed the message to Ned, who eagerly read its contents.

Ned's heart surged with emotion as he set down the parchment and rose with determination. "Robb woke up" he said simply.

Catelyn, watching anxiously from the doorway, followed him as they rushed through Winterfell's corridors to Maester Luwin's chambers.

Upon entering, Ned halted abruptly at the sight of Robb sitting up, a tired but reassuring smile on his face. Relief flooded Ned as he approached his son.

"Robb," Ned said with a tremor in his voice, completely different from his stoic normal self, moving to his son's side.

Before Ned could say more, Maester Luwin intervened solemnly.

"Lord Stark, Lady Stark, allow me to explain first," Luwin requested. "There are important matters to discuss."

Ned nodded gravely, letting Luwin proceed as he sat beside Robb, gripping his son's hand firmly.

Luwin explained the nature of Robb's injury and the potential memory loss due to the head trauma. He said Robb might struggle to remember his childhood in Winterfell.

Catelyn listened attentively, concern etched on her face as she looked at her son with loving eyes.

"I understand, Luwin. Let's hope his memory returns. But even if it doesn't, Robb is young and resilient. He can learn anew," Ned said firmly, hopeful for a smooth recovery but mindful of the challenges ahead.

"How do you feel, Robb?" Ned asked finally, his voice a mix of relief and contained anxiety.

Robb looked at his new father with a faint but genuine smile.

"I feel... Confused, but, well, Father," Robb replied sincerely. Some emotions from the original Robb blended in at the time of their fusion. He felt grateful for his family's support during this crucial moment.

Ned nodded, a weight lifting from his shoulders as he saw Robb recovering. He knew there would be challenges ahead, but having his son back was all that mattered at the moment.

Lord and Lady Stark were in Maester Luwin's chambers. They were united, facing an uncertain future together. Luwin continued calmly explaining the nature of Robb's injury and how it might affect his memory, as well as the treatment required.

"Robb has suffered a significant head injury, resulting in memory loss. We don't yet know if it will be temporary or permanent. He may experience confusion and difficulty recalling recent events or specific details of his life," Luwin explained, his voice reflecting both medical authority and compassion for the Stark family.

Catelyn looked at Robb with concern. Her heart ached at the thought of the challenges he might face in the future.

"How long will he need to stay here, Luwin?" Ned asked, his gaze shifting between his son and the maester.

Luwin sighed before responding. "It would be wise to observe Robb here for a few more days to ensure his full recovery. However, for now, he may receive brief, if quiet visits."

Robb weakly nodded, understanding the need for rest and care as he processed the information of his injury that Luwin had shared.

Ned placed a reassuring hand on Robb's shoulder. "We'll be here with you, son. Together, we'll get through this."

With those words, Lord and Lady Stark decided to notify their other children to visit Robb, stressing the need for a stress-free visit.

Ned Stark watched with concern as the messenger left with the message addressed to his other children. The message stressed the importance of maintaining a calm environment and avoiding stress for Robb during his recovery, though it welcomed them to visit him in Maester Luwin's chambers.

Moments later, Bran, Arya, and Sansa arrived at Maester Luwin's chambers, their faces filled with concern as they entered.

"Robb..." Sansa exclaimed with relief, rushing to her older brother and embracing him gently.

Robb smiled weakly, grateful to see his siblings. "I'm fine, Sansa. Just a bit confused."

Arya, less reserved, stepped forward with palpable curiosity. "How are you really feeling, Robb? What happened with that head injury?"

Robb's parents intervened immediately, concerned for their eldest son's emotional and physical well-being.

"Sansa, Arya," Maester Luwin began calmly, noting the tension in the room. "Robb has suffered partial memory loss due to the injury. It's important that we all support him and show patience as he recovers."

Ned nodded, looking at his children with affection. "Robb is still recovering, but he needs our support. Let's avoid dwelling on the accident for now. Let's wait for everyone to be here for Robb to talk about it and not have to repeat himself."

Catelyn placed a loving hand on Robb's shoulder, conveying her support silently. "We'll be here for you, Robb. Together, we'll get through this."

After the embrace and Maester Luwin's explanations, the mood in his chambers lightened somewhat. Ned watched his children with affection. Catelyn felt uneasy with Jon's presence. But, she kept her emotions in check for Robb's sake.

Jon and Theon had arrived during the hug. Jon regretted missing Robb's first awakening. Theon, always cheerful and carefree, tried to lighten the mood with a quip.

"Robb, my friend! Glad to see you up and about," Theon exclaimed with a wide grin.

Robb smiled back, less emotionally but following his role. He recalled what Theon had done in the original story. He also chose to be friendly. Maybe he could guide Theon to be better without betraying them. "Thank you, Theon. I'm still trying to catch up with everything that's happened."

Jon approached cautiously. Catelyn's gaze made him uneasy. But, Robb seemed pleased to see him.

"Sorry I'm late, Robb," Jon said sincerely. "Seems they forgot to give me the message."

Robb made a face at that, though it vanished so quickly Jon thought he had imagined it. "No worries, Jon. I'm fine, thanks to the gods and Maester Luwin."

Catelyn watched Jon with a mix of displeasure and concern. But, seeing Robb's joy at reuniting with his half-brother, she decided to keep her feelings to herself for now.

Ned, sensing the underlying tension, intervened to change the conversation's tone.

"Robb, do you want to tell your siblings what happened since you woke up?" Ned suggested, prompting Robb to share his experience with them.

Robb nodded gratefully, glad for the opportunity to divert his thoughts from the future and all the things that had occurred.

"There was... an accident. "I don't remember much. Wintertown people found me with a head injury," Robb began, looking at his siblings. "But I'm alive thanks to Luwin and the Old Gods. I don't remember everything clearly, but I'm sure we'll get through this together."

After some time of conversation and laughter among the Stark siblings in Maester Luwin's chambers, daylight began to slowly fade. Aware of the need for Robb to rest properly to facilitate his recovery, Maester Luwin intervened with gentleness.

"I think it's time for everyone to leave and let Robb rest," Luwin announced, looking at each Stark family member with understanding.

Ned nodded, recognizing the need to follow the maester's instructions for Robb's well-being. "You're right, Luwin. Robb needs rest to fully recover."

Catelyn stood up somewhat reluctantly, though she knew it was best for her son. "Robb, sweetheart, we'll be nearby if you need anything," she said softly and reassuringly.

Robb smiled wearily, grateful for his family's support but happy to be able to rest and then have some time alone to practice with his power. "Thank you all for coming. It means a lot to me."

The Stark siblings bid Robb farewell with hugs and words of encouragement before leaving the chambers, leaving Robb in Maester Luwin's care so he could rest properly.

As he closed the door behind them, Luwin looked at Robb hopefully. "Try to get some sleep, Robb. I'll be right here if you need anything."

Robb weakly nodded, letting fatigue envelop him as he closed his eyes and drifted into the restful sleep he so desperately needed.

Entities are not charity.He could curse day when he get their power.But,if they are really in separate Universe and could not take over Westeros...then he is lucky.

Question is, if his Shard/Agent will "bud" and give those close to him powers

In canon you don't even need to be blood related for powers to be "genetic"

Question is, if his Shard/Agent will "bud" and give those close to him powers

In canon you don't even need to be blood related for powers to be "genetic"
Until chapter 40, there isn't a single bud. I'm still not sure if I want to make it something generic since it would complicate my rough drafts a lot. Having so many powers and how they affect the timeline... I shudder at the thought of writing something so big lol. Maybe in the future I'll add something like that. The other downside is that I would have to add powers to his enemies to make it fair... Thanks for the idea, I'll think about it for the future. You're the first person ever to talk about buds lol. Webn*ovel has no Worm fans at all.

Entities are not charity.He could curse day when he get their power.But,if they are really in separate Universe and could not take over Westeros...then he is lucky.
As of right now, I don't know if I'll add something about Scion or other entities, but now that I think about it, I remember reading a Taylor in HP where they kill him at the end of the fic. Maybe I'll do something similar. Thanks for the idea!

Until chapter 40, there isn't a single bud. I'm still not sure if I want to make it something generic since it would complicate my rough drafts a lot. Having so many powers and how they affect the timeline... I shudder at the thought of writing something so big lol. Maybe in the future I'll add something like that. The other downside is that I would have to add powers to his enemies to make it fair... Thanks for the idea, I'll think about it for the future. You're the first person ever to talk about buds lol. Webn*ovel has no Worm fans at all.

Not that many variations as far as I can tell, if it's only one Shard

Aiden got a variation of Queen Administrator that only did Birds instead of invertebrates as I recall

Chapter 3: Learning About My Power.
Author's Note: I'll use this space to write anything I feel is important in case I forget about it. As general info, I started writing this fic a little more than a month ago, and I've been trying to maintain 1.5k words per chapter. I'm also posting 5 chapters a week. Here, I'll post three daily, as I said before, until I reach chapter 11 (that's the last one I tried to fix for the moment because I've been really busy setting up my Pat*eon page and moving in real life).

I think this is everything y'all should know about my writing schedule, so yeah, enjoy the chapter!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After waking up a few hours later and allowing Maester Luwin to clean his wound and change the bandages, Robb waited for him to leave so he could practice with his power.

Thanks to his prior knowledge of Worm, whether from fanon or canon, he had the advantage of understanding how powerful his new ability was.
Controlling an extraordinary number of insects simultaneously and the ability to multitask were just the beginning.

However, he felt he still needed to fully explore his potential. Focusing inward, he sensed a faint yet palpable energy that seemed entirely imaginary but now flowed within him.

As he explored this power source, he began to grasp more about his capabilities. A grin crept onto his face, one that could be described as manic. His power was a mix between Taylor and Amy, though different.

This energy allowed him to create any insect he could imagine, with certain limitations but incredibly functional in his newfound universe. This discovery meant he could fulfill any dream he set his mind to, though he had only considered the prospect of facing the White Walkers and their leader so far.

Despite his excitement, Robb remained calm enough to reflect on the requirements and limitations of his power.

He needed energy to fuel his insects, but how would he obtain it? The answer was simple: his insects needed to consume biomass, which would be converted into energy through some space whale mumbo jumbo.

With this energy, he could create more insects, strengthen them, make them more resilient, and even imbue them with specific functions that could be decisive in battle.

However, to give them specialized characteristics, he would need catalysts. For instance, if his insects consumed biomass from a venomous snake, they could acquire the ability to infect others with that same venom upon biting, faithfully reproducing its original attributes.

These reflections led Robb to consider different inventions that could be helpful in various situations. He imagined spy insects with functional eyes that would allow him to see through them or insects capable of injecting adrenaline into his soldiers to enhance their combat ability. He also thought about depressor insects designed to demoralize his enemies, among other strategic uses he could develop with enough energy.

After days of rest and recovery in Maester Luwin's study, Robb finally felt strong enough to leave bed and walk independently. He sincerely thanked the maester for his care and attention during his convalescence.

"Maester Luwin, I feel much better," Robb said with gratitude as he inspected the still-healing wound on his head.

Luwin nodded, satisfied with his young lord's recovery. "I'm glad to hear that, milord. It seems everything is going according to plan. I believe you can consider yourself discharged. Don't forget to take care of yourself and rest properly. And no practicing with the sword."

Robb nodded and dressed in clean, comfortable clothes, leaving Luwin's study with a relieved smile. He headed towards the large table where his family awaited him for dinner, finding them gathered around the dining table.

Ned and Catelyn exchanged looks of relief upon seeing Robb enter through the door, while Arya, Sansa, Bran, Rickon, Jon, and Theon greeted him with smiles and exclamations of joy. Robb took his place at the central table, feeling reassured by his family's warmth and support.

During dinner, conversations ranged from memories of times past to trying to make Robb remember things to plans for the future. Catelyn couldn't help but ask cautiously, "Robb, dear, how are you feeling now? Are you sure you're alright?"

Robb nodded with a calm smile. "I'm fine, mother. The maester has discharged me, and I feel better every day."

Ned spoke up, proud of his eldest son. "You've shown great strength, Robb. We're proud of you."

By the end of dinner, the Starks retired to their chambers as the fire crackled softly in the fireplace, and Winterfell was bathed in the night's warmth. Though his path was marked by unknown challenges, Robb knew that he had his family's unwavering support to face whatever the future held.

Alone in his room, with the dim light of a candle illuminating the desk, Robb contemplated. Before him, on the extended parchment, he drew diagrams and jotted down ideas while gazing at the cold landscape of Winterfell through the window.

"The available insects here are scarce due to the climate," he murmured pensively. "I need a solution to increase my biomass supply."

With determined eyes, Robb began to brainstorm. He focused on his newly discovered power, summoning several insects he had created. They were few and scattered, slowly feeding on the biomass available in the area. Robb watched them closely, considering how he could enhance their efficiency.

"I can design insects that are more efficient in consuming biomass," he murmured as he traced lines on the parchment. "They need to be able to quickly locate and consume any available biomass source."

Skillfully, Robb began to sketch out new designs. He planned to create insects with more robust, sharper mandibles capable of crushing and digesting biomass more rapidly. He equipped them with wings that allowed them to move quickly from place to place in search of food.

Additionally, he gave them greater resistance to the cold so they could survive and operate efficiently in the harsh northern climate.

"These should do the job," he muttered satisfactorily as he finalized the last details of his designs. "With this improvement, I should be able to significantly increase my energy production."

With the blueprints ready, Robb carefully stored the parchment in a secret compartment and prepared to put his plans into action the next day. He knew that building and deploying these new insects would be crucial to strengthening his capabilities and preparing for the challenges looming in the future.

Robb, commanding his large fleet (lol) of 80 insects, searched for biomass sources around Winterfell, giving them directions and instructions on what to do and not to touch.

Robb strove to avoid harming any human who did not deserve it. Though he wasn't sure if he would ever feel ready to consume a human for biomass, deep down, he knew that if the opportunity arose, he would likely do it to his worst enemies after giving them the worst poison stings Westeros had ever seen.

Descending from his room to join his family for lunch in the great hall, Robb pondered whether he should reveal his powers to his family. The situation was complicated due to the various advantages and disadvantages this would entail.

The advantage would be the lack of need to hide what he could do, at least from his family, as he didn't think it would be best for everyone to know about his capabilities. Robb thought about how he could convince his father of the advantages of his insect control.

Still, he had much to learn about his powers; one of the most essential would be the effective range within which he could control them. When he had that information, he would consider revealing his abilities to his family, first to his parents and then, perhaps, to some of his siblings in the distant future.

The next day, Robb stood in the middle of one of the open fields near Winterfell. He used his control over a butterfly and instructed it to fly as far away from him as possible. Robb waited silently, practicing his power by sending more insects to find biomass.

He specified that they should look for animals or decaying objects that, when consumed, could provide unique characteristics for creating more insects. In the back of his mind, he always kept track of the butterfly that remained on its task.

He estimated it had traveled at least a mile and didn't feel the connection weakening, so he allowed the butterfly to continue. Robb would be pleased if it reached at least 1.5 miles, as he believed it was an acceptable distance that would allow him to fulfill many of his secret plans, such as espionage or sabotage of essential players in the Game of Thrones.

One of his biggest weaknesses for now was that the biomass his insects consumed could only come from prey that was already dead in some form. They did not have the means to defeat anything apart from other insects, which contributed absolutely nothing to energy.

Robb hoped to create insects that would infect animals with deadly or debilitating diseases by consuming decomposing biomass.
Robb had nothing to measure distances, but he calculated that his control over the butterfly broke about five miles away.

He was delighted with his power, as this distance would be helpful. In the meantime, he returned to Winterfell for lunch with his family, thinking about how to reveal to his father that he had an extraordinary power and convince his mother that it wasn't something evil according to her religion or something stupid like she might think.

Last edited:
Robb thought about how he could convince his father of the advantages of his insect control.

Silk.

Silk, silk and more silk. Enough silk to turn the North into an economic powerhouse. More so if he can figure out how to make exotic ink colors from dried insects.

Also worms able to turn the useless lands of the North into fertile lands.

Bees if he can somehow swing it, for honey and wax.

Last edited:
Silk.

Silk, silk and more silk. Enough silk to turn the North into an economic powerhouse. More so if he can figure out how to make exotic ink colors from dried insects.

Also worms able to turn the useless lands of the North into fertile lands.

Bees if he can somehow swing it, for honey and wax.
That.With Silk you made North rich,with honey - healthy.And worms making land fertile - more money,and no hunger.
But,he must hide fact that they could kill people,so nobody would suspect anytching that Boilton and his bastards died....
Later the same should happen to Varys,Baelish and Tywin.Problem solved,althought he need go South for that.

Luwin nodded, satisfied with his young lord's recovery. "I'm glad to hear that, milord. It seems everything is going according to plan. I believe you can consider yourself discharged. Don't forget to take care of yourself and rest properly. And no practicing with the sword."

*My Lord.

Only uneducated lowborn individuals with thick accents say "Milord".

Also, Robb's power doesn't just control insects, but ALL Arthropods, which are invertebrates with jointed legs and segmented bodies that make up about 75% of all animals on Earth. They are part of the phylum Arthropoda, which includes insects, spiders, centipedes, millipedes, and crustaceans.

If my boy can control and manipulate 75% of all animals whinin a 5 mile radius, then with the right training, this lil boy has the potential to become the single most dangerous parson in the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type "[hr]" instead of using the ----, on mobile it is 3 lines tall.

Screenshot-20240813-173233-Firefox-Nightly.jpg

^ this is what [hr] does, it makes a line.

Last edited:
Chapter 4: A New Day and Difficult Decisions.
Author's Note: I hope this decision gets better received here than it originally did. There is absolutely no way Ned or Catelyn would allow Robb to implement his plans and travel through the North without having some assurance that he would be okay. In my opinion, it was necessary for him to talk with people who have a better idea of the repercussions his power would have in the grand scheme of things. But don't worry, only the closest people to him will know, as he understands that keeping it a secret from the South would be better for the war.

I woke with the first light of the day, missing the convenience of a cell phone or alarm to ensure I was proactive in my new life.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, I allowed my thoughts to focus on the daunting task ahead: deciding whether I should finally reveal my newfound powers to my parents and how to approach it.

The idea had kept me awake for much of the previous night. I was torn between the desire to share my abilities with my family, who had always supported me, and the fear of the unknown repercussions this revelation could bring.

Unlike Taylor's experiences in Worm, I didn't share her strained relationships with family or the inherent distrust of those in power, so her example wouldn't guide me through this situation.

"How can I convince them that my powers are a blessing, not a curse?" I wondered quietly as I got up and dressed for the day ahead.

Glancing at myself in the mirror, I nervously adjusted my hair. While my physical appearance did not matter compared to what I was about to divulge, the gesture provided a moment of calm before facing the conversation.

Descending the stairs to the dining hall, I anticipated finding my family gathered for breakfast. The giant oak table was partially set, with my parents and some servants preparing for the morning meal. My siblings had yet to arrive.

I paused at the threshold, watching my parents with affection. I knew everything would change once I revealed the truth about my powers.

Approaching the table, both Ned and Catelyn greeted me with warm smiles. Sitting down, I felt uneasy despite my efforts to conceal it. Catelyn noticed my concern and glanced at Ned, who sensed my discomfort.

After a few minutes of eating, Ned finally broke the silence.

"Robb, son, is everything alright?" Ned asked calmly. "You seem a bit distracted this morning."

Pausing for a moment, feeling the weight of the decision I was about to make, I knew I couldn't delay the conversation any longer.

"Father, Mother," I began carefully, "I want to talk to you about something. But I'd prefer to do it privately, in your solar, father."

Ned nodded, noting the seriousness in my expression. "I understand. Let's finish eating, and then we'll go to the study."

The meal passed silently as I struggled to focus on the dishes. Though my mind was elsewhere, I tried to savor each bite before revealing my secret.

Once everyone finished, Ned led me to his study, with Catelyn following with a concerned look.

Once we were all inside and the door closed behind us, Ned turned to me with a questioning look.

"Robb, what is it you want to discuss with us? And why did you not want to speak about it with others present?" Ned asked, keeping his voice low to encourage me to speak candidly.

Taking a moment to gather my thoughts, I began slowly.

"Father, mother... there's something I recently discovered," I started, my voice wavering slightly. "It's difficult to explain, but I feel you should know."

Catelyn approached me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Robb, you can trust us. Whatever it is, we'll face it together."

Grateful for my parent's support, I took a deep breath before continuing.

When I woke up, I discovered I had a special ability," I revealed. I can control insects and... create them."

There was a moment of silence as Ned and Catelyn absorbed my words. Ned furrowed his brow slightly, trying to process the information.

"Insects..." Ned murmured, searching for words. "Are you a skinchanger, my son? But I don't recall Old Nan's stories about wargs controlling insects, only animals, and not creating them. What exactly does this mean?"

I proceeded to explain how I had come to discover my powers and some of the things I had been able to do so far. Catelyn listened attentively.

"Robb, this is... hard to believe," Catelyn finally said, choosing her words carefully. "Are you sure about what you're saying? Is it safe?"

I nodded seriously. "Yes, mother. I'm sure. It's a power I can use to protect Winterfell, our family." Gesturing subtly, I demonstrated by controlling a few insects I had with me: flies, butterflies, and a couple of spiders.

Ned ran a hand through his beard, clearly deep in thought. "Robb, this is something that needs to be handled very carefully. I understand you have good intentions, but..."

I interrupted, trying to convey my conviction. "I know, father. I'm not certain of all the implications, but I believe I can use this to help. It could be an advantage for Winterfell, especially now with the challenges ahead."

Catelyn looked at me with a mix of pride and maternal concern. "Robb, we need to think carefully about how to handle this. It's not something we can take lightly."

Ned nodded slowly. "I agree with Cat. This is something we need to investigate further before making any decisions."

I nodded, understanding their concerns. Despite hoping for understanding and support, I knew my parent's doubts were justified and caution was necessary.

"I understand, Mother, Father," I said sincerely. "I just wanted to be honest and show you that I'm trying to do the right thing."

Ned placed a reassuring hand on my hair. "We appreciate that, son. Now, go rest. Tomorrow, we'll think about how to proceed together."

In the end, though the future remained uncertain, I knew I had taken the first step toward acceptance and understanding from my family.

The next day

After the conversation with my parents in Ned's study, I felt relieved to have shared my secret with them. Knowing I had my family's support meant a lot to me.

Deciding it was time to demonstrate more of what I could do, I mentally prepared myself that afternoon, gathering a select group of insects I had created.

I needed to showcase not only the existence of my abilities but also their potential strategic uses for Winterfell.

I went down to Winterfell's central courtyard, where I found my father, Ned, busy overseeing some guard training. Catelyn was nearby, conversing with servants as she watched the rest of the Stark children playing in the yard.

Ned looked up as I approached, noting the seriousness in my eyes.

"Robb," Ned greeted. "Is everything alright?"

Deciding to reveal more about my abilities, despite feeling nervous, I knew it was the right time after our discussion in Ned's study.

"Father, mother," I began, looking at them seriously. "I want to show you something, but I'd prefer to do it somewhere no one can see us."

Ned and Catelyn exchanged glances, silently acknowledging my request. They followed me through Winterfell, away from the central courtyard and the curious eyes of servants and guards.

I led them to a small clearing in the wolfswood, where we occasionally went for private conversations.

"What do you want to show us, Robb?" Ned asked, watching me closely.

Closing my eyes for a moment, I focused on my power. Slowly, small groups of insects appeared around me: butterflies, bees, beetles, ants, and various northern insects.

Ned and Catelyn watched as the insects obeyed my subtle gestures, forming patterns and performing specific tasks under my control.

"This is... incredible," Catelyn murmured, impressed.

Ned nodded slowly. "Robb, how many can you control like this?"

Feeling more confident as I demonstrated what I could do, I explained, "All of them, father. I can control all the insects within my range. Not only that, but I can also command them to perform various tasks. From gathering information to patrolling our borders, these insects could be our eyes and ears where humans can't easily reach."

The Starks continued to watch as the insects executed coordinated movements and collected small samples of biomass scattered on the ground.

"Robb, this has incredible potential," Ned admitted, impressed by the strategic implications of my abilities. "But it's also a tremendous responsibility. What else can you do with this power?"

Carefully considering my words, I replied, "I've been thinking about that. Besides surveillance, I could use insects to gather resources, spy on our enemies, and even, if absolutely necessary, as a form of defense."

"Assassination, really, Robb? I thought I taught you better than that. That is dishonorable. We're not the Lannisters," said Ned, shaking his head when he heard his heir giving that example.

"I will do everything I can to protect our family, Father. We are Starks, not Arryns," I said, unwilling to change my stance.

"I understand your concern for our family's safety, but we cannot resort to assassination. It goes against everything we stand for. There are other honorable ways to ensure our protection."

"You speak of honor, father, but what good is honor if our family is in danger? What if the Greyjoys decide they want Sansa as a salt wife? Or if the wildlings want Arya? I will do whatever it takes to keep them safe. If that means removing a threat quietly, I will not hesitate," I said, shaking my head to emphasize his point.

Ned threw his hands in the air and raised a cautionary hand. "Robb, we must tread carefully. We must uphold our principles, even in the face of danger." He took a deep breath to calm himself, dropping the subject immediately since he didn't want to think about that situation.

"I understand, father," I responded, acknowledging his concern. "But I also need to protect our family and Winterfell. If that means unconventional methods, I'll do what's necessary."

Catelyn approached me and embraced me tenderly. "Robb is right, my love."

"Robb, we've always taught you to be responsible," Catelyn said gently. "But this... this is something completely new for us."

Nodding, I felt the weight of the responsibility I had taken on by sharing my secret with them. "I know, mother. But I want to use this to protect Winterfell and our family."

"We're here to support you, Robb," Ned assured me. "But always remember to consider the consequences of your actions."

The afternoon continued with me demonstrating more abilities as we discussed potential uses and limitations. For Ned and Catelyn, accepting this new reality was a significant adjustment, but it was also an opportunity to strengthen Winterfell's defense against the challenges ahead.

Last edited:
Chapter 5: Broadening my horizons.
Author's Note: Another thing—this fanfic is somewhat slow-paced. I set my SI (self-insert) about five years before canon to give him time to prepare for everything, and it ended up getting longer and longer, lol. I added time skips in future chapters since I know it can get tiresome to read about preparations and all that. But in my latest chapter (41), he finally arrived incognito in King's Landing around the time of the Hand's Tourney.

Upon waking up, I pondered what to do. My insects were working hard to obtain biomass and procreating with each other, but I had nothing to do. My best idea was to fill the void in my knowledge, so I headed to the library.

I knew that with the Citadel's monopoly on knowledge, finding many books would take a lot of work. Still, I hoped that being the seat of power of House Stark, there would be a large quantity for me to learn about my house's history and alliances.

Considering that Luwin gave his life to save Bran in the future, I hope to change; I would expect to have him as a confidant, but I'm still not sure if I should tell him about my powers; the Citadel, in general, hated magic and had done some terrible things to erase it from the world.

But I could use his attachment to our family to win him over. Still, I avoid talking about my powers, choosing only to study the crucial houses of Westeros and things I need to know in the future.

The Library of Winterfell

I was amazed by the size and the number of books and parchments in Winterfell library. Because of how remote the North was, the Citadel didn't have much pull in this place.

Maester Luwin greeted me with a warm smile.

"Will the wonders ever cease?" Maester Luwin said jokingly, "I never thought the young heir would enter the library without Lord Stark making you attend the lectures."

"I need to fill the gaps in my memory, maester," I told him, and it was true. I didn't know anything about my house, only snippets about wars they fought and things that would happen in the future. But about the past? I was utterly clueless.

"Come on, then, milord. Sit with me," said the Maester, pointing towards

an empty chair and the table he was using.

In a quiet corner of the library, surrounded by tomes, I sat next to Maester Luwin. The maester, with his accumulated wisdom over the years, began to explain to me the history of the Northern houses and their lineages, mentioning historical facts and prominent figures.

"Maester Luwin," I began, "there are many things I must know; as you know, much of my knowledge has disappeared due to the blow, and I want to study; I don't want to feel useless. I am the heir to Winterfell, I will be the next Lord Stark, and I cannot lead the North without the necessary knowledge."

Maester Luwin raised an eyebrow with interest, watching me as I

continued.

"I think the first topic I should learn about is the Northern houses," I continued. "I would like to learn more about their histories and relationships with my family over the years. Could you recommend some specific texts that would help me better understand the relationships between the houses?"

The maester nodded understandingly.

"Of course, Robb," Luwin replied. "We have detailed records that will be of great help to you. The chronicles of alliances, conflicts, and pacts between the Stark, Bolton, Umber, Mormont, and other lineages are essential for understanding the political history of the North."

I listened attentively as the maester continued explaining each text's relevance and the importance of understanding historical relationships to grasp the present.

"Additionally," Luwin added, pointing to a nearby section of maps, "we have detailed maps that could help you visualize the territories and resources available in Winterfell and its surroundings."

I nodded gratefully, absorbing every word from the maester as it was a crucial lesson for my future as Lord of Winterfell.

"Thank you, Maester Luwin," I said sincerely. "Your guidance is important to me."

Luwin smiled. "I am here to guide you in your quest for knowledge, Robb. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have more questions or need further information."

With that promise, I thanked Maester Luwin. I immersed myself even deeper in the library, determined to absorb all the knowledge I could about the Northern houses and their complex relationships.

I delved deeply into the ancestral history of my own house, sitting beside

a window that let in the soft afternoon sunlight.

Carefully flipping through an old book titled "The Starks of Winterfell: A History," I was fascinated by the pages that described the legendary origins of House Stark in the days of the ancient Age of Heroes.

"The House Stark," I murmured as I read, "Founded by Brandon the Builder, who raised the walls of Winterfell and established House Stark as the guardians of the North."

Brandon, the builder, was one of the most important characters in Game of Thrones; everything he accomplished paved the way to the present; the Wall he created with the help of the first man and the children of the forest protected us from the actual threat in the beyond. People in the present think that it was built to protect us of the free folk, but in truth, it was enhanced with magic to prevent the white walkers from entering the land of the living.

I marveled at the stories of the Stark ancestors, the early lords who had shaped the fate of Winterfell and its lands. I read about the early kings of the North and their feats, like the legendary King Jon Stark, who unified the Northern houses and defended the North from the incursions of the Free Folk beyond the Wall.

As I progressed through the pages, I discovered detailed accounts of the great battles that had shaped my house's history. The Battle of the Thousand Streams, where the Starks defeated the river kings and secured their dominion over the lands of the Trident. I also read about the fierce resistance of the Starks during Aegon the Conqueror's Conquest, when King Torrhen Stark knelt before the dragon to save his people from destruction.

One of the kings that surprised me was the story of Brandon the Burner, as, according to the book, he was responsible for why the North was weak against naval attacks in the present. Bran the Burner was a king who led the North when the Ironborn decided to attack the North for resources and saltwives.

The King decided to create a great fleet to fight the Ironborn outside of the North, but he made a drastic decision to ensure the fleet made for the North could not be used by the Ironborn. He decided to Burn the entire fleet to destroy the attackers and prevent their use against them.

The book also mentioned the internal revolutions that had shaken House Stark over the centuries. I read about the Hornwood Rebellion when House Stark intervened to resolve disputes and restore peace in the North. I also paused at the Iron Rebellion, an internal conflict that threatened to divide the Northern lands until Stark intervened to restore order and unity.

As the afternoon wore on, I absorbed more of my house's history. The Starks were not only guardians of the North but also protectors of their people and defenders of justice. Each page reminded me of my future Lord of Winterfell's responsibility and the importance of learning from my ancestors' mistakes and triumphs.

I closed the book momentarily and rose from the table to search for a book on Stark's allies.

I delved deeper into Winterfell's library's books, learning stories about the allied houses of the North. I read dusty volumes detailing the family lines of Houses Umber, Mormont, Manderly, and other nobles who shared the vast and cold domain of the North with the Starks.

I discovered that the Umbers, famous for their ferocity in battle, had been trusted allies in numerous wars against external enemies. The Mormonts, known for their bravery and loyalty, had sent warriors to fight alongside the Starks on many occasions, from the Wars Beyond the Wall to the Ironborn raids on the northern coasts.

The Manderlys, expert traders, and astute politicians, had built a prosperous White Harbor city and were pillars in the North's economy. They were the wealthiest house in the North, and I started thinking about ways the Starks could rise on the ladder.

The North was poor, and it had many virgin lands that were unused. When I earned the trust of my parents, I started making changes to give the peasants a better life.

Taking meticulous notes, I drew connections between the houses, their mottos, and their historical actions. I recognized the importance of understanding my allies' motivations and strengths to forge a stronger bond in times of peace and war.

Next day

I returned to the library with a brief greeting to Maester Luwin, who nodded kindly. After paying my respects to the maester, I delved into the shelves, searching for knowledge about biology, medicine, and flora and fauna of the North.

Understanding more about these subjects would broaden my general understanding and offer me new perspectives on how to use my abilities more effectively to benefit Winterfell and its inhabitants.

Consuming medical plants with my insects would allow me to create many beings that will have the same properties as the plants. For example, mosquitoes, when they bite, provide an amount of adrenaline, or if I consume the milk of the poppy, I'll have an effective painkiller to use when needed.

I selected several ancient books covering a wide range of topics, from the anatomy and physiology of Northern creatures to the medicinal properties of local plants. I immersed myself in detailed studies of the animal species that inhabited the surrounding forests and mountains, learning about their behaviors, habitats, and roles within the ecosystem.

In addition, I consulted manuscripts on traditional healing methods used by maesters and healers of the North over the centuries. Improving my understanding of medicine and biology would help me explore new ways to use my powers and prepare me to face future challenges that might require creative and swift solutions.

Healthcare in Westeros was a joke; the healers and what posed like that in this land knew about the importance of cleanliness, but they couldn't enforce it.

Peasants didn't bathe, or they did it sporadically; nobles were the same. They bathed more constantly than peasants, but they also bathed in incense or perfumes to hide the stench they must have.

Life expectancy was low, even more so in the North, since winter was dangerous to everyone, and people couldn't maintain their diet without food. Children died because of malnutrition or exposure to the weather. Most healers used a combination of herbs, potions, and a narrow knowledge of surgical techniques. A lot of prayers, too.

A typical cold could kill people without treatment, and it was a complete mess that I had to change for the better in the future.

As I started planning ways to change healthcare, I noticed that the sun was beginning to set on the horizon.

Chapter 6: Starks Interlude.
Catelyn Stark

I looked at Ned worriedly as we watched Robb leave the library with a stack of books under his arm.

"Ned, don't you think Robb spends too much time on these studies? He's just a boy; he should be playing outside with the others," I voiced my concern.

Ned adjusted the scrolls on his desk before responding.

"I understand your concerns, Cat. But ever since he lost his memories, he seems to have an insatiable hunger for knowledge. We can't deny him that opportunity to learn, especially if it might help him understand his abilities. We must wait for Maester Luwin to allow him to resume his practices with Jory."

I nodded slowly, acknowledging Ned's point.

"I know, but I worry he's pushing himself too hard. Sometimes, I see him in those books until late at night."

Ned came closer and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"We indeed need to be cautious, but we must also understand what's happening. Robb has shown extraordinary abilities, and we must consider how best to support him."

I sighed, looking out the window overlooking Winterfell's courtyard where the children were playing.

"I guess you're right, Ned. But I don't want him to feel alone in all of this. He needs someone he can trust to talk to about his powers."

Ned nodded, furrowing his brow as he contemplated the situation.

"I agree. Robb has us for the moment. I want to exclude others since everyone else is just a viability. Many other lords would enjoy having someone with those abilities at their beck and call."

Grateful for Ned's support, I nodded in agreement.

"Yes, we need to keep it a secret. I can't imagine our life having to fend off assassin after assassin."

Ned smiled.

"Me neither, my love. We need to be careful about our movements. I can assure you there are no spies from other houses in Winterfell. "

"Are you sure there could be spies in our castle, Ned?" I asked, afraid of his answer.

"I can't say there aren't, Cat. We don't mesh well with our Southern neighbors, they are too busy playing their games, but my father always cautioned me of the dangers of dealing with them" Ned said, taking my hand in his to show his support. "The good thing is, with Robbs's new powers, he'll be able to find every single one before long. Maybe there will be a moment that we'll know we will be surrounded by only people we can trust."

Arya Stark

I knew something bigger than what we were told was happening at Winterfell. I noticed my parents acted differently when they mentioned Robb, so being the best little sister in the world, I decided to investigate what was going on. I had been watching Robb for days from a distance where I was sure he couldn't see me. I noticed he spent most of his day in the library, talking to Maester Luwin or reading boring books.

Robb had lost much of his memory, but I still knew him well. Robb had never been interested in books; he preferred to play and joke around with Theon or practice swordplay with Jon, Jory, and the others. As I considered various possibilities of what might be happening, I noticed a minute later that Robb had disappeared. That was when I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and heard a whisper.

"Arya, what do you think you're doing?" Robb asked, with a smile on his face.

"You scared me, you idiot!" I exclaimed, turning around and attempting to hit Robb's shin.

I did not know how he knew what I would do, so I was surprised he sidestepped my kick.

"You're so predictable, Arya. Trying to hit your dear brother, hm?" Robb laughed as he let me go and ruffled my hair.

"Hmph, I hate you," I said, crossing my arms and pouting at him.

"Hahaha, you're so cute, Arya. Now, why don't you answer me? What were you thinking following me for the last few days?" Robb asked, stepping back from me and looking into my eyes.

"Robb, you've changed. You spend so much time in the library now and no longer play or joke with Theon or practice with Jon. Also, I see our parents acting suspiciously when they talk about you. I haven't heard what they're saying yet, but I know something's going on, and I want to know," I finally explained what I was doing, I didn't like change, and I was preoccupied that something big was happening.

"Don't worry, little sister. It's not anything bad. It's just the memory loss made me realize how disqualified I am for when I'm the next Lord Stark," Robb said seriously. "Besides, increasing my knowledge will make the North prosper. I have so many ideas for changes that will benefit us."

"Alright, Robb. I'll wait for you guys to explain... But besides that, how did you know I was following you? I know I was very stealthy, and you were looking the other way," I asked, looking at Robb with doubt.

Robb simply laughed, turned around, and continued walking towards his bedroom with his last words, "I'm just him, little sister. Nothing escapes my sight."

Maester Luwin

I walked uncertainly towards Lord Stark's study, wondering why I had been summoned. There was still half a moon to deliver his tax report, even longer until winter arrived, and Robb was recovering at a surprising speed.

I knocked on the study door and waited until I heard Lord Stark's voice, allowing me to enter.

"Come in," Lord Stark's voice was heard.

Upon opening the door, I was surprised to see Lady Catelyn and Robb in the study.

"Maester Luwin, we want to ask you to start teaching Robb. He wants to learn as if he were an acolyte," said Lord Stark.

"Lord Stark, where is this coming from? Learning to be a Maester is no simple feat. And while I know Robb is as intelligent as other acolytes I've seen in the citadel, it requires intensive learning that will prove difficult for him". I explained.

"I want to learn, maester. If I had that knowledge, I'd be able to change a lot of situations in the North when I become Lord Stark. If I were to know about medicine, politics, and economics as good as you, maester, there will be a good chance I'll become what the North needs to progress," said Robb, the heir to Winterfell, unaware of the impact of his words on me.

Catelyn Stark simply smiled, surprised but pleased to see how Robb explained his dreams to become the best lord stark in history.

"Of course, Robb. I will teach you. I will not lie; it will probably be hard for you. But if you truly want to learn, I'll give it my all to teach you. It might be interesting to see what a well-learned Lord is capable of. No offense, Lord Stark," I said, asking for forgiveness for my faux pas.

"No need to ask for forgiveness, Maester. I'm also curious to see what height Robb can reach when he completes his training," said Lord Stark, smiling in his usual impassive expression.

"Now we must discuss how Robb will continue with his maester studies," said Lord Stark as he presented me a parchment to jolt down ideas.

"Well, to begin with, milord, Robb must prepare with the necessary basic knowledge to start his training. I need Robb to be able to read and write without errors. I will probably teach him other important languages like High Valyrian, the Old Tongue, and Braavosi, which are crucial. The advantages they will bring Robb when he becomes Lord Stark will be immense," I explained, thinking about how to start his training.

"After the important languages, Robb should learn about medicine, as this subject is very relevant, especially in the North. The number of peasants dying here due to winter is too great. In addition to medicine, I would teach him about engineering to implement ideas that come to mind."

"Yes, that's good, Maester. What else do you think will be important?" asked Lord Stark.

"Robb will also need to learn about the land he will rule in the future, about geography and food production in our lands," said the Maester, who continued writing on the parchment about the topics he would need to explain.

"I think that is enough to begin his training, milord. I will take my leave to prepare for his classes." I told Lord Stark, rising from my chair.

"Oh, and Robb? I'm proud of this decision, and I'm excited to see what you are capable of," I told the heir of Winterfell as I took my leave to my chamber.

Last edited:
"Insects..." Ned murmured, searching for words. "Are you a warg, my son? But I don't recall Old Nan's stories about wargs controlling insects, only animals, and not creating them. What exactly does this mean?"

*skinchanger

"You scared me, you idiot!" I exclaimed, turning around and attempting to hit Robb's shin.

Knowing his sister well and having read the story, Robb expected something like this, so he stepped back a couple of paces after startling her.

"You're so predictable, Arya. Trying to hit your dear brother, hm?" Robb laughed as he let her go and ruffled her hair.

"Hmph, I hate you," Arya said, crossing her arms and pouting at him.

"Hahaha, you're so cute, Arya. Now, why don't you answer me? What were you thinking following me for the last days?" Robb asked, stepping back from her and looking her straight in the eyes.

This is Arya's pov, and Arya doesn't know about Robb's situation, so you need to stick what she knows in her pov. Also, her pov, like every other pov in this fic, is in the third person, so please try and stick to the I's, me's, my's, mine's, and myself's.

*skinchanger

This is Arya's pov, and Arya doesn't know about Robb's situation, so you need to stick what she knows in her pov. Also, her pov, like every other pov in this fic, is in the third person, so please try and stick to the I's, me's, my's, mine's, and myself's.
Got it, thanks for pointing it out. Gonna edit it when im free.

Chapter 7: A New Day
Winterfell.
Robb Stark.

Awakening at dawn, I prepared myself for my first sword training in both lives. I couldn't deny feeling nervous. I could count on one hand the times I'd needed to use violence to resolve a problem, and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it, let alone taking someone's life in cold blood.

Nevertheless, there was also excitement. Who hadn't dreamed of being in battle, riding towards enemies for a deadly duel? But facing it in real life was vastly different from dreaming about it after a day of playing video games.

While bathing and changing, I instructed my insects to continue gathering biomass. Due to the cold northern climate, the number of insects under my control was insignificant. I only found mosquitoes, ants, a few beetles, and worms in such frigid conditions.

Deciding to scout around Winterfell and Winter Town for more insects, I felt a beehive near the Wolfswood. I ordered them to reproduce quickly and relocate closer to the castle's radius.

Thanks to the conversation with my parents, where I revealed my powers, I managed to secure a portion of the dungeons to house my swarm. Given their small size, I managed to do it without anyone noticing the change in the insects' behavior.

My father, Lord Stark, instructed the servants to use that dungeon part to store scraps and unused biomass in the castle. Without question, they began using it as a dump, and my insects continued consuming the available biomass. My insects reproduced rapidly. When they ran out of biomass to consume, they either continued reproducing endlessly or rested.

As a result, the amount of energy available increased exponentially. I decided to use this extra energy for the first time to create my first modified insects. Using a pair of beetles under my control as a template, I enhanced their senses biologically to see, feel, and hear, similar to humans. These beetles would act as additional eyes, watching my blind spots.

Noting that a third of my energy was used to create ten modified beetles, I wondered if this was due to the modifications or simply the act of creating insects.

"I need to increase the number of available insects," I whispered as I headed toward the castle.

I created eight pairs of ants and modified them to enhance their reproduction efficiency. I altered their biology so that males and females emitted pheromones that stimulated the natural ant need to procreate, facilitating easy insemination.

I ordered my new insects to move to the dungeon to start reproducing, and then I returned to the castle, heading to the library for research.

"Good morning, Maester Luwin," I greeted the maester as I made my way to the anatomy section.

"Good morning, Robb. I hope you're ready for your practice with Jory," the maester replied.

"I'm excited, Maester. But I want to study a bit before practice," I said, pulling a book from the shelf.

"Of course, Lord Robb. Go ahead. I'll continue preparing materials for your studies with me," the maester said, continuing his work at a nearby table.

Sitting at a secluded table, I began studying human muscles. Ever since discovering my power, I had the idea of creating an insect capable of sensing muscle tension to anticipate movements. I wanted to develop a form of precognition where insects strategically placed on my opponent could transmit information about their movements before they made them.

Using ants as a base, which can go unnoticed due to their small size, I enhanced their sensory system to better detect vibrations and their neuronal system to instantly transmit information. Theoretically, with these ants, I could anticipate my opponent's movements.

Creating a dozen ants, depleting the energy I had. I kept half near me, instructing them to stay on my head, and sent the other half to the dungeon to reproduce.

Next, I began thinking about how to use my future knowledge to my advantage. First, I needed to enhance security within Winterfell. Knowing my enemies' capabilities gave me an edge. To everyone else, I was just Robb Stark, the heir to the poorest kingdom in the Seven Kingdoms, a ten-year-old with nothing special compared to other famous nobles.

Varys and Littlefinger were known to use spies; Varys with his "little birds" and Littlefinger with his connections in brothels. I needed to be cautious around them and investigate Winter Town's orphanage and the brothel frequented by Theon.

Aware that I couldn't reveal my knowledge of the future, I devised an initial plan. My primary focus would be rapidly expanding my swarm, requiring a significant amount of biomass for modified insects and traveling to different northern houses to obtain various natural insects.

Afterward, I would create insects to facilitate the growth of essential plants and animals for the North's subsistence, either by injecting nutrients or using modified insects as fertilizers to promote their growth and health.

Training Yard

I was in the training yard, ready for my first practice with blunted swords. I knew that in Westeros, learning to defend oneself in close combat was essential for any houselord, especially for me, given my lineage and responsibility over the North.

"Ready, young Robb?" Jory Cassel, Winterfell's captain of the guard, asked.

"Yes, Jory, please be gentle with me," I said, taking my sword and assuming a beginner's stance.

Jory frowned. "We'll start slowly, milord. Everyone in the castle has heard about what happened. I'll make sure not to push your body too hard."

With no strategy beyond trying to strike Jory, I lunged at him with a quick lateral movement, attempting to break his defense.

Not taking the fight seriously, Jory responded with a downward slash that I managed to block, though the force made me step back.

"Not bad, Robb. I'm glad your reflexes are working," Jory said, stepping forward with his sword pointed toward the ground.

"Thank you, Jory. Let's continue," I said, raising my sword and attacking like he had moments before, but this time with more force. Jory simply sidestepped to avoid my strike.

Jory countered with a vertical cut, which I blocked with my sword, but he capitalized on my movement with a kick to the chest that knocked me to the ground.

"Pause, pause," I requested, taking deep breaths. "I need a moment to think, Jory," I added, stepping back and closing my eyes to concentrate.

Controlling the recently created ants, I ordered them to take their place at critical points on Jory's body.

"I'm ready, Jory," I said; in my mind, the ants captured the sensations of each of his movements.

"Of course, Robb, we can restart," Jory replied, assuming his stance and raising his sword.

Through the ants, I tried to memorize the sensations captured during Jory's movements, preparing to anticipate each of his actions.

Each time Jory tensed a muscle, the ants gave me an additional fraction of a second to react. Gradually, I noticed the difference: I knew which muscle Jory would move before he did, stepping back when he advanced, raising my sword to block his every time his wrist prepared to strike.

Despite my weak body and lack of speed, I kept up with him. I noticed he intensified his attacks as the practice continued, but I could anticipate and react in time to dodge or block each of his strikes.

Surprised by my sudden improvement, Jory continued escalating the intensity of his attacks. However, this meant little; Jory was a skilled fighter but he couldn't compare to Westeros's best. He wasn't as fast as Oberyn Martell or as strong as The Mountain and certainly didn't have the fluidity and technique of the Kingslayer.

Neither he nor I noticed the silence falling over the training yard. I closed in on Jory, who began taking the practice more seriously. He dodged my attacks; realistically, my ten-year-old body lacked the strength and speed to harm him. And despite his attempts to strike me with his sword, I could evade all his attacks.

Blow after blow, we continued the fight until the silence of the training yard made us realize everyone was watching us with surprised expressions.

My parents were watching. Catelyn was both concerned and proud as she saw me evade all the attacks, and my father smiled a small smile of satisfaction for the show we had provided.

The silence was broken by Arya, who jumped excitedly, shouting that her brother would be the best swordsman in Westeros.

"There, see that?" Arya exclaimed. "My brother will be the best!"

"Well done, son. I'm very proud of you," my father said.

As Arya's cheers echoed through the training yard, I couldn't help but feel a surge of pride in my newfound abilities.

Evading Jory's attacks had been exhausting but fulfilling, a testament to the potential of the combat side of insect control.

Standing in the middle of the onlookers' stares, including my parents' proud gazes, I realized that learning to fight was just the beginning of my journey.

Chapter 8: The Future God of Archery.
Winterfell.
Robb Stark.

"Are you ready for your archery practice, Robb?" asked Ser Rodrick Cassel, the master-at-arms of Winterfell and uncle of Jory.

"Yes, Ser Rodrick. I'm as ready as I can be," I replied, taking the bow with my offhand.

"I hope your skill with the bow remains the same even though you don't remember much, milord."

"I hope so too, Ser," I replied.

The night before, I spent sketching different insects that could help me excel as an archer. While I performed all my duties and practices the previous day, my insects continued to work to replenish the energy I had expended. The energy gradually increased, and though I didn't have as much as the day before, it was enough to try out my idea: modified flies to deduce wind speed, trajectory, and direction. These flies would serve a role similar to modern sniper spotters, providing distance, wind direction, and other factors influencing where the arrow would land, ensuring my shots wouldn't miss.

I hope that with the maester's teachings on engineering, I could provide the necessary information to a blacksmith to construct a composite bow usable at great distances and superior to common ones. A long-range crossbow would suffice if I couldn't create such a bow.

I could become the greatest long-range assassin Westeros had ever seen using these flies. If I used a venom-producing insect, whether lethal or paralyzing, I could order them to mark my arrows with these poisons, killing my enemies with the bow range without them knowing my location.

I closed my eyes to focus and sent the flies to land on the practice dummy's head. Opening them, I positioned myself 15 meters away. I took a deep breath and tried to mimic the few archery videos I'd seen in my previous life. I raised the arrow and nocked it, exhaling slowly, aiming slightly above the dummy's head and adjusting my body to the left, as the flies indicated the wind was blowing to the right.

When I released the arrow, I watched it fly disappointingly, embedding itself in the ground about 5 meters from the dummy.

Taking a moment to observe the arrow, I noted the information provided was accurate; had it continued in the air, it would have struck the dummy's head directly.

"Hahaha, Robb! Trying to imitate Bran with that shot? Maybe we should call for the maester to keep teaching you in the library," Theon called from the field entrance, having arrived for his daily practice.

I frowned, trying to calm my annoyance. Theon was a character I didn't care for; all his actions until his death were driven by selfishness, and though he gave his life for Bran, it didn't absolve all his previous sins. Yet the Theon before me was just a teenager obsessed with women and martial practice. He still needed to do something to earn my disdain.

"You're quite the jester, Theon. I suppose your charisma attracts women, not your gold," I retorted, grabbing another arrow.

"Women adore me, Robb. Maybe you'll understand when you grow up a bit more," Theon chuckled.

"If you give gold to a monkey, Theon, it will dance."

"Enough, both of you. You're here to practice," Ser Rodrick shouted, showing his displeasure, though he couldn't hide his smile at my responses.

"What about a wager, Robb? I bet you a gold dragon that you won't hit the target for as long as it takes me to finish my practice," Theon said, preparing his bow and arrows.

"Fine, let's bet. Now shut up and let Rodrick instruct me. I don't remember how to use a bow," I said, turning to Ser Rodrick.

"Very well, milord. Let's begin the practice. The first mistake I noticed was your stance. Place your feet shoulder-width apart. Your dominant foot should be slightly behind the other for good stability," Rodrick commented, assuming the position himself.

"Is this right, Rodrick?" I asked, mimicking him.

"Yes, young Robb, just like that. It was good to take the bow with your offhand, and the string should be drawn with your right hand. Extend the bow forward and aim directly at the dummy. Remember to keep your elbows straight but relaxed," Rodrick said, demonstrating the actions as he spoke.

"And how do I aim properly, Ser?" I inquired, following his instructions and focusing on the flies' information.

"The most important part of using a bow is hitting the target, obviously, Robb. Stare directly at the target and use your index finger to aim. Align the arrowhead with the target. Take a deep breath and release the string smoothly," Rodrick said as he did the same and released the string. The arrow flew through the air and struck the dummy square in the chest.

"Thank you, Ser. Now it's my turn," I thanked him for his guidance and followed his steps precisely.

Releasing the string smoothly, I watched the arrow fly straight toward the dummy's head, piercing it with a single shot.

"Well done, milord, an excellent shot," Rodrick praised, patting me on the back.

I glanced over to where Theon was practicing, and with a smile, I called out, "Hey, Greyjoy! Looks like you owe me a gold dragon," pointing my finger at the dummy.

Theon, surprised, followed my finger's direction and let out a whistle of surprise.

"That's how it's done, Robb. I'm thrilled your accident didn't render you useless. Although the bastard might still outshoot you," Theon said, not forgetting to jab at Jon.

Rodrick stepped forward, clearly intending to give Theon a piece of his mind for speaking ill of a Stark, but he stopped when I shook my head.

"Enough, Theon," I said firmly. "Jon is a Stark, no matter if he was born on the wrong side of the bed. You will give him the respect he deserves."

Theon looked surprised, perhaps because the original Robb never defended Jon so quickly, maybe not to offend Theon, or perhaps due to Catelyn's teachings, but I wasn't the original Robb. Jon is a Stark, the only son of Lyanna Stark and Prince Rhaegar, and I wouldn't let Theon or anyone else treat him as less.

I needed to change Jon's situation. Not only did he not deserve the hate people had for him, but having his support could help me with many plans. Jon wasn't just a fantastic fighter; he also had a blood relation with Daenerys. If I didn't communicate with her before the conflict began, I would need an in with her, whether I decided to act for or against her.

My family needed to be united; there was no need or time to waste with disputes that could affect the future.

Later that day.

Entering Maester Luwin's study prepared me mentally to return to school.

At least I had the advantage that the Common Tongue was English, and I could already read and write it correctly.

The maester mentioned that one of the first topics he would teach me would be High Valyrian and Braavosi, which would be very helpful in the future.

"Good morning, Robb," greeted the maester, indicating I should take a seat beside him.

"I hope you're ready, Robb. We'll start with the Common Tongue; once I decide you've mastered it enough, we'll move on to the other languages and other subjects," continued the maester.

"When you finish this lesson, I want you to take these books to practice and let me know when you've finished reading them," said the maester, handing me four books: one on the Age of Heroes, another on Westerosi history during the Conquest, one on basic human anatomy, and finally, a book on common food plants in the North.

Taking the books and thanking the maester, I sat down, and we began the lesson.

"I want you to write and say aloud each letter of the alphabet," the maester instructed.

Without waiting for further instructions, I began my task, clearly showing I already had the necessary knowledge to proceed to the next part.

"How can you do this so well, Robb?" asked the amazed maester.

"Since I lost my memory, maester, I've been reading a lot in the library. I've also taken books to my room to keep reading before bed," I explained.

"Ah... So that's where the books I couldn't find were. And here I was about to talk to your father about the supposed theft," chuckled the maester.

"Haha, I'm sorry, maester. I'll be sure to let you know next time I take books," I said, embarrassed.

"Yes, please do so next time, Robb. But I've noticed the missing books were on medicine and common North fauna. Are you interested in those subjects?" the maester asked me.

"Of course, maester. I hope to become an expert in them shortly."

"Interesting, milord. It's good that I already included them in the curriculum we'll use," said the maester as he took notes.

"Let's continue then. Since you already know about the Common Tongue, we'll start your studies on High Valyrian."

"Understood, maester," I replied, preparing my quill and ink to take notes.

As the maester began the lesson, I thought about how to surprise him with my learning ability. Thanks to my multitasking ability, I could pay attention to his teachings while thinking about ways to cheat to learn faster.

I planned to create mosquitoes that secreted neurotransmitters and hormones so that when I controlled them to bite me, they would transmit these substances to my body. I would also need to create other insects to counteract or eliminate these extra substances in my body, as I recalled reading about the dangers of drugs that increase these. By studying and using animals to check this safety, I could use them to facilitate my learning more efficiently.

I hoped that by noticing how easily I learned, I could gain my parents' confidence to travel across the North in the next two years. Many of my plans depended on having a larger number of insects, and the easiest method for that would be to travel and collect as many natural insects as possible around the North. In addition to increasing my insect count, I could eliminate different people who would be dangerous in the future. Much depended on my ability to carry out my plans, and I didn't want to fail in the future.

Chapter 9: The Oath
Winterfell.
Robb Stark.

I decided to check on the progress of my insect breeding ground in the dungeon, noticing in the back of my mind that the number of beings I was connected to had increased significantly compared to the day before. I sent them towards the dungeon using my modified beetles, which could see in the dark. Despite their biological modifications, these beetles looked physically identical to any other beetle from the North.

As I waited for the beetles to reach their destination, I realized I would need to modify them to move faster. I was ready to leave my room in about five minutes, and my beetles had not yet reached the entrance.

Various ideas crossed my mind for their modification, from enhancing their muscle structures to increasing the speed of their nervous systems. I even considered altering their wings to make them more aerodynamic, enabling them to fly long distances quickly.

Walking to the large breakfast table, always using the rest of the adult insects at my disposal, I remained vigilant for anything out of place, whether it be a spy or a secret compartment the Stark family had yet to discover. Considering Lord Stark's position was forced into my father's hands, there were likely many things he did not know about the family's secrets.

Father grew up as a ward of House Arryn from the young age of eight, only returning for short periods during his wardship, so it's highly probable that due to not being the primary heir, he was unaware of many things about the castle or hidden vaults within it.

One of my first ideas upon discovering my powers was to use my insects to find treasures or valuable items. I imagined I could uncover forgotten riches within Winterfell or perhaps find something in the collapsed crypts beneath the castle. Who knows if such things exist, but one can dream.

"Father, Mother, I hope you are well," I greeted them at the table, frowning as I noticed Jon was sitting at a table separate from the rest of the family.

I never understood why my father never revealed the secret to my mother. In the early days of their relationship, it was understandable—they practically married without knowing each other, and my mother was betrothed to my uncle Brandon.

But they already had five children together; I think it was time for Catelyn to learn the secret. Honestly, it would have helped a lot in the original story. Who knows what would have changed if Jon had never felt the need to go to the Wall to honor his father despite being a supposed bastard?

Well, I have other things to think about for now.

"We are well, dear," said Catelyn, as my father nodded.

"I'm glad, mother. I would like us to talk in your solar, Father. We have much to discuss."

"Very well, son. We can meet after breakfast," my father confirmed, clearly wondering what I needed to talk to them about.

"And how are you?" I asked my siblings, who responded that they were well.

Making a decision, I took my food, lifted it, and went to sit next to Jon at one of the tables for the servants. I didn't want him to feel more marginalized than he was, and I promised to find ways to improve his situation in Winterfell.

"How are you feeling, Jon?" I asked as I took my seat.

"You shouldn't sit here, Robb. I'm just a bastard," Jon said, trying to ignore Catelyn's gaze.

"You're my brother, Jon, and you have Stark blood. That's enough for me."

Jon ran his hand over his eyes, and I tried to ignore the tear stains on his sleeve.

"Let's eat, and after my conversation with our father, we'll go train. How does that sound, Jon?" I asked him as I began to eat.

The diet of the North was quite repetitive due to the lack of gold, the climate, and the difficulty in farming in the area.

I needed to start my training to become the Lord of Winterfell, show my intelligence to my parents, and hope to obtain permission to travel and continue my plans.

As I ate, I thought of ways to improve the North while also watching through my beetles how the dungeon breeding was going, making a mental list of what I had at my disposal.

- 2 pairs of normal wolf spiders, 2 males and 2 females. They were natural insects that I controlled to mate as much as possible. The advantage of these spiders is that every time they lay eggs (which can happen as quickly as an hour after mating), they lay 100 to 600 eggs per cluster.

- 3 ice spiders, 2 females and 1 male. They were also natural insects I found while practicing my powers outside Winterfell. Thanks to my control over them, I didn't have to worry about the females killing and eating the males. I instructed them to mate whenever possible, in addition to feeding and resting.

- A small colony (300) of Northern ants, naturally originating from the region and with a fur layer on them.

- A large colony (12,000) of cryptic ants adapted to live in underground environments and were found in the Winterfell crypts.

- A pair of Northern beetles, 1 male and 1 female, adapted for cold climates. Like the spiders, they were intended to mate as quickly as possible. This beetle is the basis of my modified beetles to see through them. Modifications can be hidden thanks to their original size so they do not stand out from natural insects.

- A flock of forest butterflies, found on the outskirts of the Wolfswood.

After finishing the mental list of the natural insects at my disposal, I made another list of the modified and created insects with my power.

- Seismic ants: these created ants allow me to predict my enemies' movements by detecting muscle tension through their improved sensory system and neural adaptations that process information quickly. They can climb onto my opponents and sense when they tense their muscles before moving (a dozen).

- Seer beetle: these beetles act as my additional eyes. For now, I only had five pairs, which, when not in use, were dedicated to mating. I changed their gestation form so they could have more offspring quickly, although they needed more feeding.

- Sharp flies: these eight flies were created to enhance my archery skills. Modifications include neural adaptations to process information quickly, an increased vibration sense that allows them to detect wind speed, direction, and trajectory and communicate it to me rapidly, and a change in their wings to fly steadily even in strong wind.

For now, these were the only insects I had created. In the previous days, I hadn't focused much on increasing biomass consumption to create more insects; first, I wanted to increase the quantity available. I planned to send a substantial part of them to Wolfswood to consume biomass while a small part focused on defense and espionage.

With the orders set, I stopped thinking about the insects and prepared to improve the overall quality of life for the Northern population.

The North's economy was challenging, mainly because my family emphasized honor, loyalty, and support for our subjects.

Much of the income from taxes on other houses was used for the most brutal months of winter.

The Stark family sponsored most smallfolk when they ran out of food. Winters were harsh and long, creating hardships for Northern families. Only some had the advantage of savings; most peasant families could survive with one gold dragon a year, but only a few could earn that much.

I had different ideas to improve the economy with my powers, from creating insect-based fertilizers (modified insects would produce nutrient-rich excrement, increasing nitrogen or phosphorus production) to warding off pests affecting plants. However, I would have to wait a while to propose these ideas to my father.

In addition to focusing on agriculture, creating alcoholic beverages would be an excellent investment for the North. Potatoes, one of the main crops in the area, are used to make vodka, and many of the wild berries found in the North could be used for winemaking in appropriate quantities.

The last idea I had to improve life overall in the North was creating insects to use as bait in fishing. By modifying their pheromones, I could increase the amount of fish caught when the oceans and rivers were not frozen. I would also have to review the preservation method used in the North, as I had yet to learn what they used or if they had one, but keeping food frozen could help keep it edible for longer.

After finishing my meal, I stood up and followed my parents to the solar, thinking about how to start this conversation so that everyone would be satisfied.

"I want to up my training to become the next Lord Stark, father," I said seriously. It was the most important thing right now: for my father to accept, teach me to handle the house's finances, and teach me various subjects with which I could surprise them with how quickly I learned. That way, they would trust me more to implement my plans.

There were five years left until the start of the series, and there was much to do, from improving the economy and quality of life to getting rid of enemies within the North to avoid conflicts in my territory when my father was arrested by the Lannisters.

I already knew I couldn't convince my father not to go to King's Landing; honor seemed more important than life for him. But I was sure that, with these five years, I could be prepared to get my entire family out of the Lannisters' hands.

With my insects, sneaking into the dungeons of the Red Keep without being detected would be a piece of cake. I would also have to have my insects ready with morphine in case my father suffered any injuries beforehand. There were many things to prepare, but I was confident I could do it.

"Are you sure, Robb? It's not an easy training," my father said, although I noticed a small smile of pride on his face.

My mother remained silent for the moment, but it seemed she didn't want me to start this training so early and wanted me to enjoy my childhood. I would like to live in a perfect world where I could do that, but it was a pity that Planetos wasn't like that.

"Yes, father. I need to start now. I need to learn to lead and manage finances. I want to be a great Lord Stark (and King after)," I said, reciting the last part inside my mind. "That's why I want to up my training from now on," I told my father.

"Very well, Robb. Catelyn, love, leave us alone," my father said to my mother, who was getting up from her chair.

"I love you, dear, and I trust you will do a great job in the future," said Catelyn.

"Thank you, mother. I promise not to disappoint," I said with a smile, delighted that my plans were progressing.

When my mother left the solar, my father got up from his chair. Taking the ancestral sword of House Stark (Ice), he approached me and indicated that I should kneel.

"One knee on the ground, son," my father said, with a voice colder than the climate in the worst winter months.

Surprised, I did as he said and knelt, looking him in the eyes.

"What are we doing, father?" I asked him, needing clarification.

"Silence," said Ned, raising his sword.

"Robb Stark, heir of Winterfell and future Warden of the North of the Seven Kingdoms, do you promise to protect your family and home with honor and courage?"

"Yes, father. I promise," I replied, swearing to do what was necessary to survive the chaos approaching us.

"Do you promise to rule with justice and compassion, always listening to the advice of wiser people than you and respecting the laws of our people?" my father asked again.

"Yes, father. I promise."

"Do you promise to defend the ideals of the Starks, loyalty, honor, and honesty, without deviating from the straight path even in the darkest moments?" he asked again, with his eyes fixed on mine.

Apologizing mentally for lying to him about something important, I kept my face serious as I said, "I promise, Father."

My father looked me in the eyes for a moment longer and, without saying anything else, rested his sword on my shoulder.

"Then rise as a true Stark, my son. May your actions always be guided by the oath you have made today."

Standing up, I approached and hugged him, making the inner promise to protect everything important to me in this new life.

I hope this chapter captures the development of Robb's character and his commitment to his future role. It's clear he has ambitious plans and a strong sense of duty.

Chapter 10: The Ghost Of The North
Somewhere near Hornwood.
2 Years Later

"We will rest here," I told my companions as I dismounted from my horse. My hunting party consisted of eight people: Theon, Jon, Jory Cassel, and five guards loyal to the Stark family.

"We'll continue chasing the bandits in five minutes. Take the opportunity to rest, eat something, and drink water," I ordered them while I prepared my weapons.

As my group settled down, I released all the insects I had on hand. The sound of two hundred thousand insects flying simultaneously was shocking. Due to the lack of subtlety, I quickly spread them throughout my entire range. In the North, there were approximately one to two million insects per square kilometer. With my five-mile range, I could maintain stealth by using between two hundred thousand and half a million insects.

After ordering them to look for traces of the group we were chasing, I sat on a rock next to Jon to rest my legs.

"How are you feeling, Jon?" I asked my cousin, taking a moment to recall the conversation that changed the course of his life.

Flashback: 1 Year Before

"Come in," Lord Stark's voice was heard. Jon and I were outside his solar, waiting for his permission. Strolling, I placed my hand on Jon's shoulder to show my support.

"You sent for me, Lord Stark?" Jon asked as he approached my father's desk.

"Have a seat, Jon."

"We have a lot to discuss," my father said. "This will be a difficult conversation for everyone, and I want you to understand that what we discuss must remain secret. No one else should hear about this," Lord Stark said seriously.

"What is this about, Lord Stark?" Jon asked, his frown showing his confusion.

"I've been arguing with Robb recently. He discovered the truth and made me realize it's time for you to know," Lord Stark said, looking embarrassed. "It's about your mother, Jon."

"My mother? Are you finally going to tell me who my mother is, Lord Stark?" Jon asked, biting his lip to hold back tears.

"We have to start with what probably will affect you the most... Jon, the truth is, I am not your father," Lord Stark said with an anguished face. "That doesn't mean I don't see you as my son. I'm very proud of everything you've accomplished, but I'm not your biological father, Jon," he continued.

"You're my nephew, Jon. You are the son of my sister Lyanna and... and Rhaegar Targaryen. And no, before you think the worst, you are not the result of rape. My sister ran away with Rhaegar so she wouldn't have to marry Robert... if only I had listened to her," my father lamented.

"But what are you saying, Lord Stark? Am... Am I a Targaryen? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Jon exclaimed.

"You know why, Jon. After seeing Robert smile the deaths of the royal children, I couldn't risk the same happening to you. You are the only reminder of Lyanna I have," my father explained, taking a deep breath.

"Your true heritage must remain a secret, and honestly, I had planned to take it to my grave," my father continued, clearly regretful of his plans. "If those who supported the Targaryens found out about you, Jon, it could spark a war in the kingdom."

"But that wouldn't change anything, Lord Stark. I am still a bastard of Prince Rhaegar," Jon said, confused by what my father was revealing.

"No, Lyanna explained it to me before she died... The prince annulled his marriage to Princess Elia. You are the legitimate son of Prince Rhaegar," my father explained.

"Is Lyanna Stark truly my mother?" Jon asked, his eyes full of tears.

"I'm sorry, Jon. Like I said, I had to protect you, and this was the best way I could think of at the time," my father said, standing up and hugging Jon. "Never doubt that I love you, and despite not being your biological father, you are my son, Jon."

"What do we do now, Father?" Jon asked.

"We continue as we have, acting like you are my bastard. We can't risk this secret getting out," my father said seriously.

"Understood, Father," Jon said, wiping away tears and hugging our father again.

Present

"I'm alright, Robb. Just a bit tired; we've been chasing these bandits for days," Jon said as he ate, trying to fill his stomach.

"I know, but I'm sure we'll catch them now. I can feel it," I said, smiling.

"Heh, the senses of the northern ghost," Jon said, teasing me with the nickname the peasants had given me.

"Shut up, don't remind me of that, haha," I said, lightly hitting his shoulder.

"Alright, let's get ready to move," I said to my group, grabbing my bow and arrows. "I already know where the bandits are. Remember, they are dangerous and are wanted for selling slaves to Slaver's Bay. Lord Hornwood wants them alive for attempting to sell his son, Daryn," I continued, explaining the situation to my group.

My group and I were ready for the hunt; my insects had already found the group of bandits camping three kilometers away.

Insect control showed its advantages in this type of operation. With many of my modified insects, I could see almost everything happening within my five-mile range, making it easy to track enemy groups.

Walking slowly to avoid making noise, my group and I headed toward the camp where nine bandits were eating, drinking, and boasting about their exploits. Listening to them laugh as they recounted selling victims to slavers or committing rape during village attacks made me sick to my stomach.

"Stop and prepare to approach. I will provide cover with my bow from here. Attack when you see the first wound. Remember, kill only if necessary, but try to leave them alive so that Lord Hornwood can execute them personally. Don't take risks; if you need help, say so," I ordered my group, hoping they wouldn't end up dead or injured.

While waiting for Jon and the others to get close and hide from the bandits, I readied my bow and firmly placed an arrow on the string. This wouldn't be a difficult shot; my bow, modified by Maester Luwin, was much more potent than standard bows. Despite its cost and rarity in Winterfell, it was more than sufficient for a 300-meter shot.

With my gear in position, I gently released the arrow. Using my insects, I had already determined the distance, wind speed, and other necessary data for a perfect shot, aiming for the leg of the first bandit. Confident in my archery skills, I readied the next arrow without waiting for confirmation of the previous one, aiming at the arm of one of the bandits further away.

As I served as the long-range support, Jon and the rest of my group launched their attack upon hearing the first bandit's scream. Brandishing their war hammers, they charged toward the nearest group of bandits, breaking bones without hesitation. A few moments later, the battle was over. On our side, only one guard had been injured with a cut on his arm, nothing serious, thanks to the old gods.

The group of bandits didn't fare as well; three had arrows in their bodies, and one was dead with an arrow in his head—unfortunately, I had to kill him because he had nearly killed the wounded Winterfell guard. The other two had arrows in their arm and legs, respectively. The remaining four had broken arms and legs from the war hammers: Jon dispatched two with his small size and agility, Theon defeated one, and the guards took care of the last.

Injecting the subdued bandits with milk of the poppy using my insects to alleviate their pain before their execution, we tied them up and took them back to our horses, ready to head to Lord Hornwood's castle.

Lord Hornwood

I was in my study, reviewing reports on the area's economy provided by my steward. A knock on the door caught my attention.

"Come in," I said with authority.

"Lord Hornwood, my apologies for disturbing you. Robb Stark has been sighted by troops returning from his hunt, bringing the nine bandits causing trouble in the area," the messenger reported, trying to catch his breath.

I nodded with momentary surprise before a satisfied smile crept onto my face. "Heh, the ghost of the North strikes again," I muttered under my breath. Turning to the messenger, I added, "Thank you for bringing me this news. Now, go and rest."

The messenger nodded gratefully and left my study, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I couldn't help but feel pleased. "The heir of Winterfell continues to impress," I murmured as I stood up, preparing to greet my visitors. "He will truly be a better Lord Stark than the last ten combined."

Robb Stark

I could never get used to the nicknames they gave in Westeros.

As we walked to deliver the bandits to Lord Hornwood, I heard the murmurs of the townsfolk.

"The ghost of the north," they called me. For a year, I had been working tirelessly to cleanse the North of scum like this group. The smallfolk and even the lords of different houses decided to call me that due to my efficiency in hunting down the enemies of the North. No one knew where I was striking from or could escape me.

I understood the importance of reputation in Westeros, so I didn't complain, but that didn't mean I enjoyed hearing people call me that.

"Here is the group, my lord. One did not survive the battle, but the leader of the rest had a superficial wound on his arm. Be careful, though; they are very dangerous men," I said as we handed the prisoners to Lord Hornwood's guards.

"Robb Stark, or should I say, the ghost of the north. I heard about your arrival, but I didn't expect you to bring the bandits with you so quickly. It's always an honor to welcome you in my home, young Stark," Lord Hornwood said with a smile.

"Thank you for your kind words, Lord Hornwood. But now, please take care of these bandits. My group and I need to eat and rest before returning to Winterfell," I said, smiling but tired from the journey.

"Of course, take all the time you need, and thank you for your assistance. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask," Lord Hornwood said, bowing slightly to show his respect.

"Thank you, my lord. Now, if you'll excuse us," I said, shaking his hand before returning to our accommodations.

As I walked to my room, I thought about the future. I improved at controlling my insects, and my archery skills were unmatched in the North.

However, I knew the dangers were far from over. The South watched my every move, and it wouldn't be long before I had to defend the North from threats beyond bandits and raiders. For now, I would focus on strengthening the North and my abilities. The time to face my enemies was approaching, and I would be ready.

Chapter 11: Gathering Evidence
Near the Dreadfort.
Robb Stark.

"We'll reach Dreadfort in less than an hour," I told my companions. "Remember to behave properly when we meet Lord Bolton."

"And why are we here, Robb?" Theon asked, eating atop his horse.

"There have been reports and stories of people disappearing around the castle. No one knows who's responsible, but we'll find out."

"Remember, depending on the perpetrator, we may not be able to act until I speak with my father. I don't trust Roose Bolton," I continued. "Our priority is to gather evidence to return to Winterfell and plan our next steps."

"Do you believe the rumors we heard from Lord Hornwood?" Jon asked.

"It doesn't hurt to investigate, Jon. Remember, as Starks, we're obligated to protect the northern smallfolk. If we can look into the rumors about smallfolk fleeing to Lord Hornwood due to fear for their lives at Dreadfort, that's what we'll do," I said firmly.

Knowing the original story, I already knew how sadistic and cruel Ramsay was. I planned to gather enough evidence of Bolton's crimes and bring it back to Winterfell to make my case that we should destroy the Boltons before my father. This way, the North would remember that the Starks aren't like those in the South (a characteristic that had been secretly discussed since my father took over the North), and we would get rid of a family that would betray us.

I would use my insects to investigate the entire castle while resting there. That way, I could locate all the torture and flay rooms and perhaps obtain disloyal correspondence from the Boltons.

Thirty minutes later

"Welcome, Robb Stark!" Roose Bolton greeted us as we arrived at the outskirts of Dreadfort.

"What is the reason for this visit from the ghost of the North?" Lord Bolton continued.

"I've heard about the disappearances happening in this area recently, Lord Bolton. I decided to offer my help to you," I replied.

I was ninety percent sure Roose would decide to use Ramsay's friends as bait to absolve House Bolton of any wrongdoing. This way, I could quickly eliminate them and prevent Ramsay from having support in the future.

"Our search has been a failure, my lord," Lord Bolton responded. "We've searched for them and haven't found anything."

"So you won't hesitate to accept my help?" I asked.

"No, my lord. I offer you bread and salt, and I will prepare accommodation for you and your companions," he replied as a servant approached with both plates.

"Thank you, Lord Bolton. I'm sure we'll root out this scum," I said seriously as my companions and I finished the hospitality ceremony.

Lord Bolton

"See what you did, you damned bastard," I shouted at Ramsay as we gathered in my office.

"Now the heir to Winterfell is snooping into things he shouldn't, thanks to your inability to stop your stupid hunts."

"What shall we do, father? Shall we kill the Starks?" Ramsay asked.

"No, you idiot. We can't touch them for now. They've come from Hornwood territory and announced they were heading to here. If anything happens to them, everyone will know we're involved in their disappearance," I tried to explain to this disgrace. I didn't know how it had ended like this.

"Now you will go with your little group and lead them into one of those hunts they do. You won't accompany them. We'll use them as an excuse, and they'll die in battle," I ordered.

"I'll instruct my soldiers not to leave anyone alive. That way, they won't be able to speak or involve us in this," I continued.

"But, father, they are among the few who support me," Ramsay said, throwing a tantrum.

"I don't care, bastard. We can't let the Starks find out how we're involved," I said firmly.

"Very well, father. I'll go tell them to prepare for a night's adventure," Ramsay said with his head down.

Watching Ramsay leave, I rose to give orders to the soldiers under my command.

Robb Stark

As I eavesdropped on their conversation from my room, I marveled at the advantages of listening in from a distance.

Knowing the series was a great advantage. Roose acted just as I expected. He was ready to sacrifice Ramsay's friends while they escaped unharmed. He was always seeking advantages for his family, waiting for the right moment to betray us.

We would rest from the journey for a couple of hours. Then, we would go out with my group and the Boltons to look for clues when the sun went down. Planning for Ramsay's group to be in the middle of the chase would practically force a lethal response to defend his victim, but the truth is that I didn't care. They weren't that important in the grand scheme of things.

While resting, I used my insects to investigate Lord Bolton's office. My insects were more than capable of moving letters. I would read all the correspondence while Lord Bolton was out of his office.

"Heh, slippery rat," I murmured as I read a letter from the Redwyne and another from the Lannisters, offering rewards if Roose obtained the vodka manufacturing method.

I started with the factories the previous year, and it had been a success across Westeros, increasing my family's income by 80%.

My father wasn't very pleased with the decision to sell alcoholic beverages, but the taste and profits won him over. Vodka was excellent for warming the body in the cold climate, and its relatively low price made it affordable for most people in the North.

People loved the new "Frostbite". Most in Westeros were accustomed to only drinking wine, beer, or strong spirits, and there was almost no competition.

When such a different drink hit the market, it was obvious it would quickly grow in sales.

The first few months were tough, as only people around Winterfell knew about the drink. Until the great annual northern gathering arrived, where different lords met once a year to discuss regional politics, defense of the North, and other important events. During the banquet, my father and I decided to provide 5 barrels of vodka for the lords to try.

I couldn't help but laugh when I remembered Lord Umber being so drunk that he started a fight with Galbart Glover, arguing that vodka was superior to northern beers.

Lord Wyman Manderly requested a meeting with my father at the end of the banquet, excited about the profits vodka could bring to other parts of the Seven Kingdoms. He proposed that if my father trusted him, he could market it in the different realms, keeping a small portion of the profits while the rest went into Stark family coffers.

After that meeting, Lord Manderly hurried back to White Harbor with 60 barrels of vodka in a giant procession, guarded by soldiers from various houses who would focus on defending the cargo.

As I continued reviewing Lord Bolton's letters, I found the most essential thing: his diary. Inside this diary, hidden under the floor of his office, Lord Bolton wrote about all his plans and atrocities, how his family had never stopped torturing people, and his plans for a new revolution, among other topics.

Taking a pen, I began transcribing the most revealing information onto a parchment I had at hand. I couldn't steal the diary, as that would show Lord Bolton that someone knew his secrets and could mount a defense when we returned to besiege the castle. The correspondence with the Redwyne and Lannister was transcribed verbatim onto my parchment. When I finished transcribing everything, I decided to truly rest, leaving my insects with instructions to protect and attack if anyone entered our rooms while we slept.

At dusk

Preparing to search for the group kidnapping peasants from Dreadfort, Jon, Theon, and the others joked to ease tension. The guards who would accompany us were severe. None of them mentioned Lord Bolton's orders, but it didn't matter if they died. A group of guards or smallfolk accusing a northern lord's heir wouldn't change anything. Therefore, it wasn't necessary to keep them alive to talk about who else was involved. I already had enough evidence to present my case to my father. For now, we would only go after the group of criminals.

"Ready, guys?" I asked as we mounted our horses.

"Ready, Robb. These criminals won't know what hit them!" Theon said.

Nodding, I turned to the leader of the Dreadfort guards. "Let's begin the hunt."

"Understood, milord," he said with a severe voice.

As we approached the village outskirts of Dreadfort, I started spreading my insects within my range, searching for traces of a group of people chasing someone. When I found them, I signaled to the rest.

"Over here, there are tracks ahead of a pursuit. We must hurry before they reach their victim," I said seriously.

As we got closer, we could hear the curses from the group of criminals, creating a knot in my stomach.

"There she is! The little bitch is around here," shouted one of the bandits, speeding up and urging the rest of his group and the hunting dogs to pursue the girl.

"We have to hurry," I told the others, dismounting from my horse, taking my bow and arrow, and preparing to shoot. Without hesitation, I aimed at the head of the nearest bandit to the girl, releasing the first arrow before he reached her. Without stopping, I continued taking more arrows and releasing them quickly. My arrows flew one after another through the air, heading straight for the heads of my enemies. The rest of the group remained on horseback to quickly approach. Jon jumped off his horse without stopping, tackling one of the rapists to the ground as he drew a Knife and thrust it into his chest.

While the rest of my companions finished off the criminals, I quickly approached the girl they had been chasing, trying to calm her with a calm voice as I took a bandage from my bag, calling my insects with medical modifications, crushing them into the bandage to clean her wounds and ease her pain.

After doing my best to heal the girl, my group was already preparing to return to Dreadfort, where we would rest for one night before heading back to Winterfell.

Well,as long as he control insects,everytching is OK.But - i would fear what happen if new species go to places where he do not control them.It could destroy ecosystem.
Also - winter ants and spiders are not really possible,becouse they could not work in such conditions.If Robb fight during winter,he would do that without insect help.

About vodka - it also worked to clean water.I read about polish partisants from 1863/one of our lost uprising against Russia/ where every soldier get 0,5l of vodka,but not to drink - to found water supply and add 1,5l of water.
Then,they waited half of hour and could drink safely,becouse vodka killed all bacteria or worms which could be in water.

Hi, thanks for the great story. I LOVE Robb's powers, and I can't wait till he goes to the Neck so he can get ALL of the insects! He should probably learn about magic while he's there, too, ya know.

I been meaning to ask, but will Robb's powers continue growing or are static, meaning that he won't be stronger? As in, would his range get bigger than his initial 5.5-mile radius?

Would he be able to control more than just Arthropods in the future? You know, like birds, fish, amphibians, and reptiles. Or will that be covered by his skinchanger abilities that he should have developed by now?

Will he be using worms to act like parasites inside his enemies? Cos he can totally do that right now cos worms ARE Arthropods! And you KNOW them nasty little motherfuckers can can kill a bitch! Hell, with a little shard fuckery he totally make parasite that could be used to puppet unsuspecting victims! You should really think about that!

How come he's not using his power over crustaceans (e.g., lobsters, crabs, and prawns) to get a better source of protein for his subjects?

Whatever happened to Domeric Bolton? Cos we haven't heard from him yet.

Oh, and FYI, it's "the Ghost of the North." Titles should always be capitalized. Oh, and it could totally be shortened to "the Northern Ghost" or just "Ghost."

Anyway, thanks for updates.

Reactions: ATP
Is Domeric Bolton still a ward with another Lord's castle or has Ramsey Snow done the be-fouled dastardly deed yet???

TOC
InfinityReads999 A Stark Shard ASOIAF_WormShard_Robb - THREADMARKS

InfinityReads999 01a ------
InfinityReads999 01a Arrival in a Known Realm
InfinityReads999 02a Awakening
InfinityReads999 03a Learning About My Power
InfinityReads999 04a A New Day & Difficult Decisions
InfinityReads999 05a Broadening my horizons
InfinityReads999 06a Starks Interlude
InfinityReads999 07a A New Day
InfinityReads999 08a Future God of Archery
InfinityReads999 09a The Oath
InfinityReads999 10a Ghost Of The North
InfinityReads999 11a Gathering Evidence Ramsey&Roose
InfinityReads999 12a Returning2Winterfell Jon&Robb Ramsay&RooseInfected Ned
InfinityReads999 13a Preparing4war KL Varys&Selmy Petyr&Arryn Robb&Ned
InfinityReads999 14a Preparations Ryswell&Umber Karstark&Hornwood
InfinityReads999 15a End House Roose&RamsayPOWd DreadfortCaptured
InfinityReads999 16a DivinePunishment Roose&RamsayKIAd
InfinityReads999 17a Important Plans RickardKarstark Umber&Hornwood
InfinityReads999 18a Progress&Meetings Smalljon KL Robert&Cersei Varys&Stannis Petyr
InfinityReads999 19a ThePlotProgresses Tywin&Kevan Genna&Tyrion RobbAlerted
InfinityReads999 20a NorthPrepares Cassels Ned&Luwin
InfinityReads999 21a TalksPrepsArrival Jon Dungeon&insects Tyrion
InfinityReads999 22a 1stDay ElyseHarroway Tyrion&Ned
InfinityReads999 23a ProblemsAhead Elyse&Tyrion Rodrick
InfinityReads999 24a Robb&Elyse TyrionDrunk
InfinityReads999 25a SparBirthLegend Robb&OakheartSparrs
InfinityReads999 26a PartingWays Tyrion Petyr&Taxes Elyse&Ned
InfinityReads999 27a Start of a New Era
InfinityReads999 28a Kingslanding Interlude
InfinityReads999 29a Back at Winterfell
InfinityReads999 30a So it begins