• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Game of Thrones: A Stark Shard.

Chapter lenght

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well,as long as he control insects,everytching is OK.But - i would fear what happen if new species go to places where he do not control them.It could destroy ecosystem.
Also - winter ants and spiders are not really possible,becouse they could not work in such conditions.If Robb fight during winter,he would do that without insect help.

About vodka - it also worked to clean water.I read about polish partisants from 1863/one of our lost uprising against Russia/ where every soldier get 0,5l of vodka,but not to drink - to found water supply and add 1,5l of water.
Then,they waited half of hour and could drink safely,becouse vodka killed all bacteria or worms which could be in water.

Hmmm... i dont know how to answer that since i didnt think about it at the time i started writing, and in the latests chapters he is able to leave a comand so that this doesnt happen when he leaves insects behind for whatever reason. Just ignore it or something lol.
For the second part, lets just say those are species specific of Westeros, as in the books there are mentions of giant ice spiders that the white walkers used them as mounts. Another thing, they aren't in winter... winter began when everything went to shi t during the WOT5K
And thanks for that info about vodka. ill make sure to use it when Robb comes back of Kingslanding.

Hi, thanks for the great story. I LOVE Robb's powers, and I can't wait till he goes to the Neck so he can get ALL of the insects! He should probably learn about magic while he's there, too, ya know.

I been meaning to ask, but will Robb's powers continue growing or are static, meaning that he won't be stronger? As in, would his range get bigger than his initial 5.5-mile radius?

Would he be able to control more than just Arthropods in the future? You know, like birds, fish, amphibians, and reptiles. Or will that be covered by his skinchanger abilities that he should have developed by now?

Will he be using worms to act like parasites inside his enemies? Cos he can totally do that right now cos worms ARE Arthropods! And you KNOW them nasty little motherfuckers can can kill a bitch! Hell, with a little shard fuckery he totally make parasite that could be used to puppet unsuspecting victims! You should really think about that!

How come he's not using his power over crustaceans (e.g., lobsters, crabs, and prawns) to get a better source of protein for his subjects?

Whatever happened to Domeric Bolton? Cos we haven't heard from him yet.

Oh, and FYI, it's "the Ghost of the North." Titles should always be capitalized. Oh, and it could totally be shortened to "the Northern Ghost" or just "Ghost."

Anyway, thanks for updates.
-His power as i tried to explain somewhat in my earlier chapters CAN and Will grow, he just needs "Catalysts" for it. As a spoiler,
During one of my latest chapters, i dont remember which one, he consumed the "Royal Blood", as we know thanks to the red priest during the series, royal blood is strong and blah blah, so i made the desicion to make it a catalyst for some enhancements, one of those was a 30% inscrease in his range, but he got more since he obtained different peoples blood.
-About his skinchanger abilities im waiting for something similar as the spoiler i just wrote, but it will happen i just hope i dont forget about it lol.
-He will use his power for that, again, future chapters. Its not as detailed as the rest since if i tried that i would never reach canon haha.
-About controling people i dont think ill use that, but ill keep it in mind just in case, thanks for the idea!
-Domeric was shafted already, RIP.
-Ill keep it in mind of the future!

Chapter 12: Returning to Winterfell. New
The Dreadfort

Waking up in this dreary castle is not my idea of a good time. However, I still need to find the torture chambers that the Bolton family must surely have in this grimdark castle. Ordering my insects to check every nook and cranny inside, I also began the next part of my plan: injecting the maester with a slow-acting disease carried by some of my more dangerous insects.

I injected methylmercury, obtained from consuming the biomass of infected fish, to develop this neurotoxin that causes symptoms like cognitive impairment, tremors, and eventually paralysis.

This neurotoxin is ideal for this operation because it doesn't spread from one infected person to another. In this case, it will ensure that only the maester develops the symptoms. With this covert assassination, I intend to prevent the Boltons from gaining allies. Since the deaths of his heir and wife, I aim to utterly destroy House Bolton.

Everyone who supported Roose Bolton will meet their end once I convince my father.

Leaving my insects to their task, I completed my morning routine and headed to the courtyard, where most of my party was training with their swords alongside some of the Dreadfort guards. I quickened my pace upon noticing a problem: Ramsay had managed to strike up a conversation with Jon.

Jon Snow

I don't trust this Ramsay, and honestly, I don't know why. He feels so slimy trying to befriend me immediately, using our 'bastard' status as common ground.

I should be glad someone overlooks my bastard status to befriend me, but something feels off. Maybe his smile doesn't feel genuine, or his eyes lack warmth, showing only amusement at having achieved something.

"We're different, you know. We should stick together and go on adventures," Ramsay said, attempting to get closer to me.

"We don't have the same ties to our families. We could travel, see the world without constraints," he continued, staying in place as I instinctively stepped back when he got closer.

"I have my duties to House Stark, heir Bolton," I said firmly.

"But they'll discard you when you're no longer useful. That's how it is for bastards like us," he stated matter-of-factly.

"I've been forgotten since birth. It wasn't until Domeric died that my father acknowledged me. We're just disposable pawns to our families," he said with that unsettling smile.

I frowned at him. If this conversation had happened before I knew about my heritage and the discussion with my uncle, Robb, and me, I would have listened to him. But now, I know I'm loved by the Starks, aside from Lady Catelyn, whom I can forgive since she doesn't know any better.

"The Starks aren't like that," I said firmly before adding, "I'll stay with them until my dying breath."

As we heard footsteps approaching, we both turned and saw Robb.

Robb Stark

"Well said, brother. You're important to us, and the whole family is waiting for our return," I said, giving Jon a half-hug.

"I'm sorry, Bolton, but Jon has to stay with us. We're family," I told Ramsay with a dangerous smile.

"Now, come on, brother. We need to ensure everything is ready for our departure," I finished, pulling Jon along.

Controlling some insects, I injected Ramsay with neurotoxins that would make him feel lethargic and depressed, I didn't want him going on any hunts while I made my way back to Winterfell. Deciding to do the same with Roose Bolton, my party and I bid farewell to our hosts.

I noticed Ramsay lingering in the background, moving lethargic. I was pleased to cause inconvenience for him and his father, who didn't even come out to see us off, claiming he "wasn't feeling well."

With a laugh, my party and I began our journey to Winterfell.

Ten Days Later

Winterfell.

As the sun set, casting the last light of the day over Winterfell's walls, Ser Rodrik Cassel stood atop the battlements, scanning the lands beyond. Beside him, two younger guards, Jonas and Harwin, leaned against the tower wall.

"Report!" Ser Rodrik called out.

Jonas grunted, adjusting his fur cloak. "Quiet as the crypts, Ser," he replied gruffly. "No sign of trouble for a while."

"Every bandit in the North is keeping their heads down since Lord Robb started his hunts," Harwin added, marveling at the abilities displayed by their future lord.

"He is a true wolf," confirmed Jonas.

A distant clatter of hooves reached their ears, growing louder.

Jonas straightened, squinting into the darkness.

"Riders approaching," he announced with a hint of excitement.

As the riders drew nearer, their torchlights illuminated their faces, revealing a small group led by two figures clad in Stark colors. Ser Rodrik peered intently, recognizing the familiar silhouette before the riders came into view.

"Seven hells," Harwin muttered, a grin spreading across his face. "It's the Northern Ghost himself, returning from his months-long journey."

Ser Rodrik nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Aye, and look how he's grown in these months away from us," he observed quietly. "Not a boy anymore, but a young lord in his own right."

The riders approached the gates, where guards stood ready to lower the drawbridge. Robb reined in his horse, a broad smile lighting up his face. Beside him, Jon appeared more serious, though relieved to be back in Winterfell. Robb glanced up at the guards, meeting Ser Rodrik's gaze for a brief moment before nodding.

"Open the gates!" Ser Rodrik called down to the guards below. "The heir has returned."

"Send someone to inform Lord Stark quickly," he continued.

As the gates creaked open and Robb and his companions entered Winterfell, the guards exchanged glances, anticipating the renewed vitality their return would bring.

Lord Eddard Stark

Waiting for Robb and his party to arrive in the courtyard, I watched as the rest of the family gathered to welcome them back.

As they approached, I noticed the weariness in their exchanged glances, wondering what preoccupied them.

"Welcome back home, sons," I greeted them, waiting for them to draw near enough for me to embrace them. "We've missed you all. Winterfell isn't the same without you," I told Robb and the others.

"I'm glad we're back safe and sound, Father, but I'm afraid I bring bad news," Robb said, his usual warmth absent from his face.

His companions frowned collectively, clearly displeased with the topic.

"I think we should eat together in the Great Hall. Afterward, Jon and I should speak with you in your solar, Father," he continued.

"Let's go and eat then. Now, go greet the rest of the family," I instructed him before heading toward the castle.

I noted the tension among Robb and his group inside the Great Hall.

Nevertheless, he engaged with his brothers and sisters, kissing Sansa on the cheek and giving her a fabric gift for her studies, lifting Arya into the air and embracing her while presenting her with a wooden sword. He greeted Bran and Rickon equally enthusiastically, offering them trinkets he had brought from his travels.

The last person he greeted was his mother, kissing her cheek and presenting her with a handmade totem of a Seven Pointed Star from her religion.

Lord Stark's Solar
Robb Stark

Inside the solar, I sat with the most important people in Winterfell: Maester Luwin, Father, Ser Rodrik Cassel, and Jon. We talked about our travels and adventures for a while, but I knew the real reason we were here was far more serious.

"So, Robb, tell me what's been troubling you," Father said, his voice calm but firm.

I took a deep breath, knowing there was no easy way to say what I had to. "There's no easy way to say this, Father," I began, feeling the weight of my words. "The Boltons need to disappear from the North."

Maester Luwin looked shocked, and Ser Rodrik's expression turned grave.

"Why, son? What have they done to deserve such a fate?" Father asked, his tone steady but with a hint of concern.

"Treason, Father. Let me explain," I said, trying to organize my thoughts. "When we were in Lord Hornwood's territory, we heard rumors about peasants fleeing from the Dreadfort, stories of disappearances in Bolton's lands. It didn't sit right with me, so we investigated the castle."

I paused, glancing at Father to make sure he understood. "There, I discovered that Lord Bolton has been trying to sell the vodka-making process to the Redwynes and the Lannisters. And that's not the worst of it. He and his bastard son have been flaying their subjects. They never stopped, even after it was outlawed. I found three separate torture chambers and Lord Bolton's diary where he detailed all his plans."

Ser Rodrik frowned deeply. "Flaying? Again? This cannot go unpunished," he said with a stern voice.

Maester Luwin, usually composed, looked visibly shaken. "The selling of Northern secrets and the perpetuation of such atrocities... This is grave news indeed," he murmured.

Father's expression remained impassive, but I could see the tension in his eyes. "Robb, what you have found is deeply troubling. The violation of our laws and the betrayal of our trust cannot be tolerated. We must gather all the evidence you have brought and prepare to present it to the Northern lords. The Boltons must answer for these crimes."

I nodded, my resolve firm. "Yes, Father. I have detailed notes and drawings from the torture chambers, as well as copies of Lord Bolton's correspondence. We should act swiftly before they can cover their tracks."

Ser Rodrik stepped forward, his voice steady with determination. "We'll need to prepare for any resistance from the Dreadfort. They won't surrender easily."

Maester Luwin added, "And we must consider the implications of their dealings with the Redwynes and the Lannisters. This could escalate beyond the North."

Father nodded solemnly. "Prepare a raven to summon the bannermen. We must convene a council at Winterfell immediately. Robb, you've done well in bringing this to our attention. Now, let us see justice served."

Chapter 13: Preparing for war. New
King's Landing
Varys.

At the small council table, I watched as the most influential figures of Westeros gathered, ready to discuss the pressing matters that demanded our attention.

"My lords, let us begin with the matters at hand," I said, breaking the silence. "My little birds have informed me of unrest in the Riverlands, particularly among the smallfolk. Ser Barristan, any reports from your patrols?" I inquired, turning to the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

"Aye, my lord," Ser Barristan responded, his voice as steady as ever. "The smallfolk are discontent; they speak of rising banditry, especially since many groups are migrating from the North to escape the so-called purge. Lord Tully's men have been vigilant, but the situation grows dire."

"Oh yes, the purge of the North. Such a marvelous happening," Petyr Baelish sneered, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

It had been a year since the purge began in the North, a campaign led by House Stark to eliminate any bandit or lawbreaker within their borders. The name "the Ghost of the North" had gained popularity among the smallfolk, who whispered of peacekeepers like Robb Stark and his companions, wishing for similar figures in other kingdoms.

Over sixty bandit groups had been brought to justice by Robb Stark alone, an impressive feat that had not gone unnoticed. Other lords in the North had begun to increase patrols in their lands, eager to win favor with their peasants and House Stark.

"Such a promising youth, that Robb Stark," commented Renly Baratheon, the Master of Laws, with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Indeed," I mused thoughtfuly.

"he has catalyzed revolutionary change in the kingdom, though his haste may bring unintended consequences. Actions have repercussions, and perhaps he did not foresee the unrest it would sow in other kingdoms," Jon Arryn, the Hand of the King, remarked with a shake of his head.

"They don't deserve any better," Stannis Baratheon grumbled. "Ironically, an eleven-year-old started what we should have done long ago. If only Robert had maintained that same vigor after the rebellion. He doesn't even attend these meetings anymore."

"Do not speak ill of your King, Lord Stannis," Jon Arryn retorted sharply, his tone carrying a hint of warning. "He brought much-needed change and deserves respect for his actions."

"Yes, he did well in the rebellion," Renly added, "but he is King now and should act accordingly."

Jon Arryn huffed in frustration, choosing to let the topic drop, though I could see the tension simmering beneath the surface.

An awkward silence settled over the meeting until Petyr Baelish, ever eager to move things along, resumed, "Besides that, unrest often follows a long summer, my lords. We must ensure the granaries are stocked and inspect the treasury. We cannot afford another economic crisis, especially with our debts to the Iron Bank and the Lannisters."

"How much debt exactly, Lord Baelish?" Stannis inquired, his tone measured.

"Two million gold dragons to the Braavosi bank, my lords, and one million to the Lannisters, who have been quite accommodating with their interest terms, thanks partly to our Queen," Baelish replied smoothly.

"And what are the plans to settle this debt, Lord Baelish?" Grand Maester Pycelle asked, his eyes narrowing. "Should we not prioritize repayment to the Lannisters, who have been steadfast supporters of the realm?"

I couldn't help but notice the lords rolling their eyes at Pycelle's usual favoritism towards the Lannisters.

"I have plans, my lord, but they need to be kept secret for the moment," Baelish responded with his characteristic slyness.

"And what about the Targaryens across the Narrow Sea?" Renly inquired, shifting the conversation.

"No new reports, Lord Renly," I answered calmly. "Viserys Targaryen and his sister remain exiled in Essos, still wandering. Our focus should be nearer to home as they pose no immediate threat to the reign of Robert. The economy remains fragile after the last tournament held for Prince Joffrey's name-day," Jon Arryn noted.

"We could consider raising taxes in the North temporarily to alleviate some concerns," Baelish suggested, his smirk returning. "They have seen significant gains with their new vodka, and the Reach has been complaining about declining food purchases from the North. It seems they've found a new means to feed their people, and it shows no sign of stalling."

"That could be a strategy worth considering," Maester Pycelle concurred.

"Absolutely not!" Jon Arryn cut in sharply. "The North was a crucial ally in the rebellion; we could not have won without them. As for the Reach, they can bear their discomfort. Over the past three decades, the North endured years of overpriced food purchases without complaint. Now that they stand on their own feet, the Reach suddenly balks? Send a letter to Lord Tyrell telling him to accept the situation."

"This discussion is going nowhere," Jon Arryn finally declared, his patience clearly worn thin. "Let us adjourn the meeting here. We will reconvene when necessary."

The North
Robb Stark

Since I began implementing my plans for improving the North last year, everything has proceeded smoothly, with only minor hiccups. Bandits attacking the vodka factories were swiftly dealt with as I rounded up their spies and presented them to my father for judgment—most were sent to the Wall.

My initiative to increase food production had the most significant impact and garnered admiration from my family and the smallfolk. Using modified insects as fertilizer, we tripled our crop yield, and my ability to control insects prevented crop-threatening pests.

With crop yields increasing threefold under my watch, rumors spread among the people that I was blessed by the Old Gods, attributing our flourishing harvests to their favor.

The introduction of vodka brought the most significant influx of gold to the North in a century. We focused on scaling up production and improving quality.

Initially, our hired hands experimented with different fruits and flavors, catering to various tastes, including lower-alcohol options for the ladies.

The spy issue was the most straightforward yet most time-consuming problem. Spies from the Middle Ages were often easy to identify, with their nervous behavior and cryptic messages hidden in hard-to-find places. Whenever I detected such behavior within my range, I tagged them with an insect and monitored them closely.

If they persisted, or if I saw someone retrieving the message, I would lead a group of guards to apprehend them, presenting the evidence to my father for judgment—either the Wall or the sword. This method uncovered spies from whores gossiping to loose-tongued guards for Littlefinger, children in orphanages working for Varys, and even guards paid by the Lannisters.

The restriction on vodka factories around Winterfell was due to the risk of the recipe falling into the wrong hands. Our family would lose substantial gold if competitors emerged, and many lords expressed interest.

However, this concern did not extend to the fertilizer, which no one could replicate.

After the northern banners arrive at Winterfell and we prepare to ride for the Dreadfort to confront House Bolton, I will propose collaborating with the other lords to root out all spies in their territories, starting from the closest to Winterfell and expanding outward. This would allow my family to share more about our successes, ensuring the North could flourish under our rule.

With this plan in motion, all that remained was to wait.

Six Weeks Later

With the last of the bannermen gathered—from the Karstarks and Manderlys to the Umbers of Last Hearth—every lord of the North, except the Boltons, assembled in Winterfell. We were ready to proceed with the case against the Boltons in absentia.

Taking a deep breath, I walked towards the council, gathering my thoughts and evidence, preparing to justify the decimation of House Bolton.

Observing the gathered lords, I addressed the assembly. "My lords, we are gathered here to address the crimes of House Bolton against the North. Their treachery and brutality cannot be ignored any longer."

Lord Manderly, a large man verging on overweight, was the first to speak. "What have they done, my lord? I know they are not liked among us, but do they truly deserve this?"

"Treachery of the highest order, my lords," I asserted firmly, hiding any nervousness about addressing the esteemed lords of the North. "They attempted to steal the knowledge of vodka-making to sell to the Redwynes or the Lannisters. Additionally, I have discovered that Lord Bolton and his bastard son continued their flaying practices, killing smallfolk within their territory."

Lord Hornwood continued. "Yes, my lords. When Lord Robb visited my lands during his last hunt, I informed him of rumors among the smallfolk seeking asylum in my domain out of fear for their lives at the Dreadfort."

"Indeed," Lord Stark interjected solemnly, cutting through the quiet in the chamber. "There can be no peace while House Bolton stands. We must gather our strength, rally our banners, and march on the Dreadfort. We will not rest until their castle lies in ruin and their name is naught but dust."

Cheers erupted from the gathered lords, agreements resounding through the hall.

With this, the fate of the House of Bolton was decided, and we would march the moment we were ready.

Chapter 14: Preparations. New
Winterfell

"I want to be the one leading this siege, father," I told my father seriously when we were alone in his solar.

"May I know why, son?" he asked, dipping his head to meet my eyes.

"I want to start gaining the trust of our fellow lords, Father. The Lords of the North may be simple, but they are hard to impress, and I need to do that to accelerate my plans for the future. I've been having some bad premonitions for a while," I explained, pacing around the room.

"I also want to keep many Bolton's men alive, the ones redeemable at the very least. We could use this large man force to achieve many things while they pay for their crimes if they have any," I continued.

"And what are those plans, son? I've seen you talking with the maester about ways to change the North, but I have been trying not to interfere. I trust you, and I know you'll do what's best for our people," said my father, standing up and placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I have many plans, Father. But do you trust me? Can I ask you to leave me alone when I start to work with the Boltons and their territory?" I asked.

My father took a moment to respond, likely weighing the pros and cons of this decision, before walking towards his window and gazing out towards the courtyard.

"I'll trust you in this, Robb. I want you to show me what you're capable of. I won't interfere in your decisions regarding the Dreadfort unless I see you breaking the king's peace," he stated.

I never thought I would seek the approval of my new father in this life, but I couldn't deny that hearing him put his faith in me meant a lot.

Taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, I assured him he wouldn't regret it and asked him to wait and see the results.

"I'll take only 100 guards from Winterfell. I don't want a big battle where our loyal soldiers might lose their lives. Just wait for the raven, father, and take care of our family."

"I'll wait for the good news then, my son. I'm proud of the man you've become," Ned said.

Great Hall

"I know I'm young, my lords. But my father passed his command position on to me. He trusts me, and I ask you to do the same," I addressed the many lords gathered in our halls.

"You know this is not the same as hunting bandits, right, Lord Robb?" Lord Ryswell asked.

"I am well-versed in warfare, my lord. The maester has been kind enough to teach me all he could, and I have experience in battle. Besides, I won't make decisions without consulting the lords accompanying me," I assured him, pondering which lords would best take to the Dreadfort.

"Lord Umber, Lord Karstark, Lord Hornwood, would you please join me in the back to discuss my plans?" I asked some of the assembled lords.

"What about the rest of us, Lord Robb?" asked Maege Mormont.

"I want the rest of you to return to your territories and await good news. Afterward, I ask that all of you, my lords, return to Winterfell in a few months. By then, I'll be back, and my father and I wish to have words with all of you after dealing with the Boltons."

Five minutes later

"We're here, my lord," said Lord Hornwood after closing the door, entering last.

"Good, we can begin," I said, sitting behind the desk.

"As you can see, I don't intend this to be a siege. I have plans for the Dreadfort and little time to waste trying to breach its walls; that alone would take months, and even with the new fortune of my house, there is no need to waste that much gold.

My plan involves infiltrating the castle with a small group to capture Lord Bolton and his bastard son without alerting anyone," I began, "Since they are the last Boltons alive, there is no one that would take their place in command; the only who could do it would be the master at arms, and he won't go to a war that he would lose"

"After securing them, we'll send a messenger to inform the castle's guards and servants, thereby avoiding bloodshed and minimizing the risk to our loved ones," I continued.

"My lord, I don't mean to offend, but that plan seems impractical; there is no way you could infiltrate a castle and take the lord without anyone noticing," said Lord Umber, known for his blunt manner.

"I can do it, my lord," I replied confidently.

"Are you sure, Lord Robb?" asked Lord Karstark, his frown indicating he had reservations.

"By the Old Gods, I swear I am fully capable of taking a castle alone, and I won't be doing it alone, so you can send some of your trusted men with

me," I assured them earnestly.

"Then my two eldest sons will accompany you into the castle. I trust you with them. Please ensure their safety," said Lord Karstark.

"And my son, Smalljon, will join you as well. He's already quite capable in battle; I'm sure he'll serve you well, Lord Robb," added Lord Umber.

"I thank you both for entrusting me with this, my lords," I said sincerely.

"While I and my group infiltrate the castle, I want all three of you to take your banners and march towards the Dreadfort. This show of strength should demoralize any remaining Bolton loyalists. I understand war is costly, so House Stark will provide funds for foodstuff. I assure you that we will emerge victorious and forge strong bonds through this. I won't say more for now, but I'm confident we'll develop a strong alliance," I smiled.

"Now, let's begin preparations. We will leave promptly. Lord Hornwood will remain behind to gather his bannermen. Then, we'll travel through the Lonely Hills to Last Hearth, where Lord Umber will prepare his march. Once introduced to Little Jon, we'll proceed to Karhold, where Lord Karstark will do the same. My group and I will hasten ahead, and we'll have both Boltons in chains before you arrive at the Dreadfort, I assure you."

"Let's see what the Ghost of the North is made of then," Lord Umber said with a laugh, rising from his seat and leaving the office.

"I hope you live up to your reputation, Lord Robb," said Lord Karstark before following suit.

"I'll prepare for the journey, my lord," concluded Lord Hornwood.

Finally, alone in the room, I sank back into my seat, feeling the tension drain from my body. I had been an ordinary college student before inhabiting Robb's body. All these conversations, plans for the future, and everything else took a toll on me.

Choosing these three lords was straightforward; they were closest to the Dreadfort and loyal to House Stark. The issues with House Karstark in canon were mostly due to the original Robb and Catelyn, and by protecting them in this fight, I could gain favor with two of the North's most influential houses. Forming alliances with future heirs would also advance my plans for improving the North.

The Dreadfort would serve as my headquarters in the future. I planned to build the largest town in the North nearby, revolutionizing the regional economy. I would start by securing Last Hearth, Hornwood, and Karhold from any potential spies (though I doubted there would be any, given their remote locations) and begin developing industries to support the economy.

Establishing joint ventures with our houses for more efficient vodka production and breeding cold-resistant bees with my powers would ensure their prosperity and loyalty, which is crucial for future support in a more assertive North.

In the assembly that I asked the other lords the next few months, I will propose to clean their houses of spies; that way, we could add them to the growing list of allies to give them some responsibilities and ensure they get more gold with different industries the maester and I planned.

Chapter 15: The End of a House. New
Two weeks later.

Returning to the Last Hearth after leaving Lord Hornwood to begin preparing his soldiers was challenging. The Lonely Hills were barren hills where ordinary people did not attempt to live due to the rugged terrain. The only inhabitants were bandits fleeing justice, but they rarely ventured there.

We encountered no bandits, but the horses were tired and thirsty after a grueling adventure. As I dismounted, I saw Lord Umber embracing "Little" Jon Umber, a fifteen-year-old with broad shoulders and a rugged appearance.

"We're back, lad," Lord Umber greeted him.

"I can see that, Father," replied SmallJon, gesturing for servants to bring bread and salt.

"Welcome to the Last Hearth, Lord Robb," said SmallJon.

Smiling, I returned the greeting. " A Pleasure to meet you, Smalljon. We'll have to call you that since we already have another Jon in our group."

"Hah, no problem at all. Nice to meet you, Jon," he said, giving my brother a firm handshake.

"Are you ready to make history, Smalljon?" I continued.

"History? What are you talking about, Lord Robb?" he asked.

"Go and speak with your father; he'll fill you in. For now, we'll take a break before heading to Karhold."

We headed toward the rest of the group and completed the bread ceremony before entering the Last Hearth. The closest castle north of the Wall was large, sturdy, and cold.

After a modest dinner, we set off again towards Karhold to gather the final two members of our small group: Jon, Smalljon, Jory Cassell, and Harrion and Torrhen Karstark. Jon and I were the youngest in the group but still the nimbler fighters. On our journey towards the Dreadfort, we engaged in a few spars to assess everyone's style and strength. Jon and I were notably the most agile and skilled with a bow. Conversely, Theon and Torrhen Karstark were the weakest, while Smalljon was the strongest, making me wonder if the Umbers truly descended from giants. Harrion was a solid all-around fighter but excelled in none.

Upon arriving at the village near the Dreadfort, we lodged at an inn for a week, during which I decided to conduct reconnaissance. I donned a hood to remain incognito and approached the castle. Using my ability to control insects, I surveyed the area and sensed an unusual atmosphere within the castle walls. With my enhanced beetles, I located the maester trembling in bed, battling the neurotoxin I had infected him with. Scouring further, I found Roose Bolton sound asleep in his solar, unusually pale and gaunt, resembling a corpse. Moments later, I discovered Ramsay in his chamber, equally pale as if he hadn't seen sunlight since my departure.

Depression, indeed, was a dreadful affliction, robbing one's will to engage in productive activities and leaving one pondering whether death might be preferable to life. This was compounded by the medieval era's ignorance of mental health issues.

Having gathered sufficient intelligence, I returned to our group to report my findings.

"This will be easier than I thought," I said, taking a swig of vodka to warm myself.

"Why do you say that, Robb?" Harrion asked.

"They have no maester, leaving the castle incommunicado, and the Boltons seem half-dead," I explained.

"We'll wait for Jory to arrive before we begin the infiltration. For now, relax," I continued.

Jory had remained at Karhold, and when their army was a day's journey from the Dreadfort, he would join us. While waiting for Jory, I focused on preparing the tools we needed for the infiltration.

"I want six black hoods from you," I instructed the local clothing merchant in the village.

"Understood, milord. What sizes do you need?" the merchant asked.

"Two small, two medium, and two large," I clarified.

"Return tomorrow to pick them up, milord," he said.

"Understood; thank you for your help," I acknowledged.

After securing the infiltration attire, I sought a merchant who sold a sufficiently long rope to scale the castle walls. The plan involved using my insects to discreetly incapacitate rooftop guards, followed by deploying a set of stronger insects to fly to the top of the Wall and enable us to climb to the highest point where our operation would commence.

Two days later, Jory had just joined us. After resting for a few hours, we waited for the sun to set before commencing our operation.

"Before we begin, let me clarify that you must do exactly as I say when I say it," I said sternly to my group.

"There will be no room for hesitation in following my instructions. If I tell you to jump, you jump immediately, understood?" I continued.

"Understood, Robb. I hope you know what you're doing," Torrhen Karstark said.

"Trust me, we'll be done in less than an hour. I assure you," I replied.

With that conversation concluded, I allowed the rest of the group to focus.

"Remember not to wear armor, just light clothing. We won't engage the guards face-to-face," I reminded them.

"And one more thing," I added, "I don't want you discussing anything you see today. It's a secret only my father knows at the moment. Don't ask questions, as I won't answer them. Perhaps you'll learn about this in the future, but ignore anything you see; just continue following my orders."

"Understood, Robb," Jon affirmed.

Approaching the castle's rear on horseback, my group and I tied them up in the forest. From there, I retrieved the rope I had crafted and purchased from the village merchant, a 30-meter-long rope long enough to reach one of the lower towers.

Using my insect control, I first sent an observation group of over 500 insects modified for visibility. These insects had various capabilities, some seeing in infrared, others adept in darkness, and the most sophisticated group modified to view in the electromagnetic spectrum. These beetles were painstakingly tricky to create but proved invaluable intel, providing me with insights into the bioelectricity of all living beings within their range. They were my best available spies.

In addition to my observation group, I dispatched an attack group composed of thousands of mosquitoes secreting a neurotoxin that induced fainting in those they bit. This allowed us to incapacitate guards without causing unnecessary fatalities.

I controlled my mosquitoes and ordered them to bite the three guards patrolling the rooftop. Once the guards were incapacitated and the rope was securely in place, I returned to my group.

"We can climb now; no guards are awake," I informed them.

"Robb, what's going on? How did you do that?" Theon asked.

"I said no questions, Theon," I said sternly.

"Let's proceed with the infiltration," I directed the rest.

Being the first to ascend, I began climbing with the aid of the rope. Jon followed suit without questioning the safety, followed by Harrion, Jory, Theon, and Torrhen. Once we were all atop and observed the guards on the ground, they exchanged glances but refrained from asking questions.

"Let's proceed this way; first, we'll go for Roose Bolton," I directed the group. "When we have him, Jory and Harrion will handle him. Don't harm him more than necessary; he's asleep in his solar."

"Understood, Robb," the rest nodded.

"Two guards to the right, Jon. Shoot the second one with your bow. Aim for the neck; he's not properly protected," I whispered to the group. Remember to be stealthy, no shouting, and move with caution."

"Understood, Robb," Jon nodded.

"On my mark, Jon. Shoot the second one. One, two... three."

Simultaneously, two arrows flew from our bows, hitting their intended target. When both guards fell to the ground, clutching their throats, they made a bit of noise, but no other guards were close enough to be alerted.

"Let's move on this way," I directed my group.

As we continued our journey toward Roose Bolton's solar, we encountered two more guards. These guards were innocent of wrongdoing, so I incapacitated them with my insects.

Upon entering the solar, Jory and Harrion seized Roose Bolton by his arms and legs, focusing on moving him. While they attended to that, I searched for the original evidence, which I intended to keep as a trophy in Winterfell, as the last diary of the house of Bolton.

As we continued with our task, our next stop was Ramsay's room, where my insects had rendered him unconscious before our arrival.

With everything prepared, we readied to return to the rooftop, where we entered the castle. We encountered and subdued three guards who were guilty of obstructing our path.

Once at the rooftop, I descended first, followed by Roose Bolton, Jon, and Ramsay. While the rest descended from the castle, Jon and I carried the Boltons near the forest where our horses were stabled. Once ready, the rest mounted the Boltons, and we swiftly escaped, riding our horses until we reunited with the armies of Karstark and Umber.

"Can you use magic, Robb?" Torrhen asked as we traveled.

"Magic ceased to exist when the last dragon died, Torrhen," I replied with a smile. "Stop asking questions I won't answer for now. Just wait a bit."

Three hours later.

"I can't believe it, they did it," murmured Lord Karstark.

"Heh, so you didn't trust Lord Robb, eh, Rickard?" chuckled Lord Umber.

"But I'm glad our children returned safely. Our bet to include them in Lord Robb's inner circle seems to have paid off. I hope they'll become friends with the next Warden of the North," continued Lord Umber.

"Yes, it paid off. And after fighting together, their friendship will grow just like ours did with Ned," affirmed Lord Karstark.

"Here we bring the Boltons, my lords," I said as we dismounted from our horses. I was able to hear their conversation thanks to my insects.

"So I see, Lord Robb," said Lord Umber before continuing, "I'm glad you're safe, son," he said, embracing Smalljon.

"Let's continue towards the Dreadfort, my lords. Let's end this farce," I told the rest.

As we continued our journey towards the castle, the rest of my group recounted what happened during the infiltration, only commenting on what they had seen. They were unable to explain what I had done with my insects since it was dark and i used a small amount of them or how I knew what was happening before they could see it, which increased rumors about my feats and how I knew everything that was going on around me. Even rumors about me using magic were discussed by the soldiers.

Knowledge of my name would grow with this feat, and I would gain a reputation for being able to do things that other people believe are impossible. Having such a reputation in my case was more positive than negative, as the people of the North (who are the ones who matter to me at the moment) do not follow the Faith of the Seven but the Old Gods, so they would believe that I am chosen by them as a champion for the North.

As the army reached the entrance of the Dreadfort, we heard a great commotion because the guards had found the dead or unconscious guards, and they realized that the Boltons were no longer inside the castle.

Lord Umber decided to approach the castle and shouted loudly.

"Bolton bannermen, surrender!" he shouted. "We have an order from the Warden of the North to bring to justice those who have broken the North law. We already have Lord Bolton and his son; you don't have to die for them."

"Surrender yourselves. There's no need to shed more blood than necessary today," he shouted.

Minutes later, the castle's master-at-arms was walking towards our group, saying they would surrender only if we promised not to kill people who didn't deserve it, hinting that not everyone who would come out of the castle would be peaceful.

Preparing my bow, I signaled to Lord Umber to proceed.

"We will attack those who try to escape. Come out in a straight line and drop your weapons at the castle entrance," said Lord Umber.

"Remind the soldiers that I never miss my shots, guard. Don't try to escape, or my arrow will reach you," I told the master-at-arms before he left.

Gradually, the soldiers and servants approached our group, where they were being caught one by one despite some escape attempts that were thwarted thanks to my arrows. The vast majority of the castle's residents were taken without a fight.

"Summon the villagers from the town. I want them to see what's happening and point out the different criminals within the groups. Once we have the list, prepare the courtyard to administer justice depending on their crimes," I ordered my group.

"Right away, Robb," Jon nodded as they prepared to follow my orders.

Author's note: I tried to convey that the rest of Robb's companions were unable to notice him using his powers because of the darkness. They obviously know he's not normal, but Robb is playing a mysterious character to enhance his reputation. I did my best to communicate that in the chapter, but just in case it didn't come across clearly, I'm writing this to clarify my intentions.

This was a great arc. Can't wait to see more of Robb's exploits! I especially enjoyed reading other folk's rection to him, especially the Small counsel members.

Will Roose & Ramsay be brought to Winterfell quite ill with the incriminating evidence to declare them guilty & attained by the Starks??
If so....

Then Justice will have been rendered and the North will have one less disloyal House Clan within their domains...
Perhaps the Dreadfort will be dismantled so that the ghosts that still haunts the place will finally have rest....

Chapter 16: A "Divine" punishment. New
Preparing the logistics for executing the Boltons and the guards involved in their crimes was complicated. Lord Umber, given his experience with encounters with wildlings, kept a close watch on this.

Meanwhile, I kept busy dealing with all the complaints from the smallfolk living in the village near the castle. Not everyone had good things to say, and some tried to shift blame onto innocent guards.

Thank the Old Gods that after setting an example with a couple of peasants, the rest dared not attempt to deceive me.

"Lord Robb, the courtyard is ready for the execution," Lord Karstark informed me, staying alert for any changes in the situation and passing on important messages.

"Understood, Lord Karstark. Let's get this over with," I replied with a smile that barely concealed my weariness.

The courtyard.

"We are gathered here for the execution of Roose and Ramsay Bolton and the guards involved in their crimes. The crimes of the Boltons include treason against the North and attempting to sell crucial information to Southern lords. In addition, Ramsay Snow is accused of hunting humans for sport. This crime cannot be forgiven for the sake of peace in the realm," I addressed the gathered people, motioning for some guards to bring the Boltons before me.

"Do you have anything to say, Roose Bolton?" I asked as I prepared my sword.

"Just kill me, demon. Ever since you visited my castle, I've only wanted to die. I don't know what you did to me, but I know it's your fault. End this," Roose Bolton said with an air of resignation.

"I did nothing to you. Perhaps the gods noticed your crimes and decided to act against you," I told him.

Raising my sword as high as possible, I aimed for his neck and let gravity and weight do the work. As the sword fell, the only sound that echoed was the thud of Roose Bolton's head hitting the ground and rolling a little.

"Bring Ramsay Snow before me, chained, please," I requested a guard from House Umber.

"Ramsay Snow, you are accused of committing human hunts, murder, rape, and continuing your family's forbidden practices," I told Ramsay sternly.

"Do you have anything to say?" I asked.

"My victims should be grateful. Their lives meant nothing until I gave them meaning," Ramsay laughed, his sadism overriding the depression influenced by my power. "They would be nobody without me!" He finished shouting.

Looking around me, I noticed the frowns on the faces of those present, from the peasants to the lords. Without a doubt, they felt disgusted by Ramsay's behavior.

Making a decision, I continued, "Last night, I had a dream that I didn't understand," I began, addressing those with me. "I dreamed of a being of great evil suffering for its sins before the gods, and that being was left in chains while the gods delivered their punishment in a forest," I continued.

"I didn't know what it meant, but since I was young, I've known that dreams can sometimes be important when used as a guide. And you, Ramsay Snow, are a being filled with evil," I said seriously.

Seeing that some people looked at me strangely, I ignored them and continued.

"Take him to the forest and leave him there. Let's see if my dreams mean something, and if not, they don't call me the Ghost of the North for nothing; I'll find him," I directed to some guards.

"Are you sure about this, Lord Robb?" Lord Umber asked me.

"Yes, Lord Umber. Trust me, as you trusted your son's life in my hands," I replied.

"Hah, this is what caught me? A boy who thinks he's Daenys the Dreamer?" Ramsay scoffed as he was lifted by two guards.

"If it amuses you so much, I'm sure you won't hesitate to try it," I said.

"Let's head to the edge of the forest. Once this is over, we'll continue with the court," I addressed the rest of the observers.

As a group, we approached the forest slowly while Ramsay continued to mock the punishment, saying how he would emerge unscathed, that the Old Gods didn't care about his crimes, and so on.

When we reached the forest's edge, I ordered the guards to release Ramsay.

"Escape, Ramsay, try to get out the other side. If nothing happens to you, I'll start hunting you like you enjoy in one hour," I addressed Ramsay Snow, who had a disturbing smile.

"I'll get revenge on all of you; one by one, I'll slit your throats and feed you to my dogs," Ramsay promised as he took his first steps into the darkness of the forest.

Five minutes passed with no sound, and most observers seemed bored with the wait, giving up due to the lack of action from the gods. Suddenly, a chilling scream cut through the air, coming from the forest. The people present looked at each other.

"Help, please, someone help me," Ramsay Bolton's desperate voice sounded.

The fallen leaves of the trees rustled, and the breaking of branches indicated someone was running with all their might. The screams became more frantic, interspersed with groans and gasps of desperation and physical effort.

Thanks to Ramsay's depression, he had not eaten well or exercised since visiting the castle a month earlier, so his physique was worn down, and he couldn't escape quickly.

"No! Please, no," panic was heard in his voice, "Please, stay away, don't do this to me," he continued shouting.

An elderly woman brought her hands to her mouth, tears of excitement in her eyes. "The Old Gods heard us," she whispered. "They sent a message to Lord Robb through his dreams," she exclaimed a little louder.

Most observers looked at each other, murmuring as they turned their gaze to me. I had to hide my smile about a plan coming to fruition.

Then, a strange sound rose above the screams: a deafening buzz, filling the air with a palpable vibration that could be heard from within the forest. The vibration was so strong that it made everyone's hair stand on end, even the great veteran warriors of the rebellion; no one had ever heard such a terrifying sound.

"What in the seven hells is that?" Lord Umber exclaimed, trying to make himself heard above the noise.

Another scream echoed, this time closer. The intensity of his terror resonated in the hearts of everyone who heard it. No one moved, paralyzed by fear of what was happening inside the forest.

The branches shook violently, and a loud snap, like a tree falling, filled the air. The buzzing became even more intense, as if whatever was inside the forest was preparing to come out.

The guards and warriors drew their swords, ready to protect the rest of the smallfolk, showing fear and their backbone in these difficult moments, until suddenly, complete silence fell over the forest and its surroundings, broken only by Ramsay's last gasp.

The observers remained at the forest's edge, their eyes fixed on the entrance, waiting for any terror to attack them or an explanation.

"What the hell happened, Lord Robb?" Lord Karstark asked.

"I don't know, my lord, but it seems the gods delivered divine justice to Ramsay Snow," I said seriously.

Lord Karstark gave me a look that indicated he didn't believe me but dropped the topic.

"Does anyone want to go fetch Ramsay's body?" I asked loudly with a laugh.

No one responded, clearly traumatized by the so-called divine punishment.

"Jon, come with me to fetch Ramsay's body, and someone bring me a rope. I don't know what happened to him, but I don't think I want to touch him after all that," I told Jon and the rest of the guards.

Approaching the forest, Jon whispered to me, "Do you know what happened here?"

"Wait until we return to Winterfell, brother, I'll tell you the truth there," I said.

As we walked towards where Ramsay's body lay, we noticed a predominant stench in the area. Ramsay's body was partially consumed, with wounds from small jaws numbering in the millions. His face had no eyes, clearly eaten by the largest insects, his face swollen from an allergic reaction, holes in different parts of his body, and his orifices more open than usual.

It was a terrifying sight, but trying not to vomit, Jon and I approached him, tying the rope around his "half" intact leg; we began to drag him towards the outskirts of the forest.

When we reached the outskirts, the conversation that had been heard when we were inside was silenced as if by a magical spell, a memorable silence as all the people present saw the body of the young sadist who had promised revenge.

"Hang him on the castle walls; let his body serve as a message against those that break the law in the north," I told a group of guards.

If you want to support me or read up to three chapters ahead, you can find me on patr*e on . co m (slash) Infinityreads99

The chapters following this one will have this message at the bottom since im just copy/pasting everything. One thing of note, as a free member you can read up to chapter 39 as of this post, one tier for 40 an the other one till 42.

Chapter 17: Important Plans New
"What do you think of Lord Robb, Jon?" Rickard Karstark asked Lord Umber as they walked with Lord Hornwood towards Robb's temporary office in the Dreadfort.

"I'm not sure what to make of him, but his reputation speaks for itself," Lord Umber replied, scratching his beard thoughtfully.

"It's impressive what he has achieved at such a young age, but there are many inexplicable things about his accomplishments. Have you heard the rumors?" Lord Hornwood asked.

"Heh, about how he knows everything that happens around him, strange sounds wherever he is, or people fainting without him being nearby? Or, more importantly, that the gods communicate with him through his dreams?" Lord Umber chuckled.

"Twelve name-days, and his legend is already greater than many war veterans," Lord Karstark nodded.

"The North will be in good hands when Old Ned passes the torch to him," Lord Umber continued hopefully.

"I wonder why he asked us to stay here," murmured Lord Karstark.

"I have no idea, but I hope the wait is worth it. My wife is waiting for me," Lord Umber said with vulgar gestures.

The Solar of Dreadfort

"Welcome, my lords. Please, take a seat. We have much to discuss," I smiled at the lords.

"Thank you, Lord Robb," All lords nodded.

"To begin with, I want to thank you for your support in this campaign against the Boltons," I started the conversation.

"It is our duty as vassals of House Stark, Lord Robb," said Lord Karstark, sipping the beer I had prepared for them.

"Even though it is your duty, you did not hesitate to trust me by placing the lives of your heirs in my hands. I can say with absolute certainty that they acted magnificently. They are great warriors and deserve the honors they received after the infiltration," I said sincerely.

"Heh, SmallJon has already used his newfound fame to win himself a lady," Lord Umber laughed heartily.

"Heh, he deserves an adventure after carrying Roose Bolton around by the legs through his castle," I replied, laughing.

"Why did you call us here, Lord Robb? I appreciate your words about my sons, but I think this conversation will be a bit more serious," Lord Karstark said impatiently.

"Let's get serious then," I replied. "My father, Lord Stark, has given me full control over how to act against the Boltons and use the territory in the future."

"Ned did that? Why?" Lord Umber asked.

"Because he trusts me, and I have plans I need to accomplish in less than two years to prepare us," I said seriously.

"Prepare us for what, Lord Robb?" Karstark asked.

"War, my lords. Prepare us for a war that is coming," I said with a furrowed brow.

"My dreams are not exact. They do not tell me who, what, or how it starts, but they show a war that will engulf the entire North. I do not intend to hesitate in preparing for any eventuality," I continued.

"Bah, do you believe that, young Robb?" Lord Umber snorted.

"Do you doubt it after what happened to Ramsay, Lord Umber?" I asked.

Lord Umber shifted uncomfortably in his seat, recalling the chilling scene of Ramsay Bolton's death.

"Similarly, even if there were no war, my plans involve the economic growth of our homeland and weapons preparation that could be used against the Wildlings in case of another incursion. You lose nothing by supporting me in this, my lords," I assured them.

"What do your plans consist of, Lord Robb?" Lord Karstark asked, adopting a thoughtful posture.

"First of all, investigate your houses to see if there are any spies in your territories. And don't think it's because I doubt your loyalty, but we have already found several spies within Winterfell being paid by the Spider of King's Landing, Littlefinger of the Vale, and Tywin Lannister. I imagine that due to the remote location of your territories, there won't be any, but we must be sure before continuing with the plans," I began listing the tasks ahead.

"Next, our four houses will occupy the former Bolton territory. The Starks of Winterfell, the Hornwoods, the Umbers, and the Karstarks will take command of this territory and create the largest town in the North," I continued my explanation.

"But the workforce needed for this would be higher than we can provide even if we work together," Lord Umber pointed out.

"The guards of Dreadfort!" Lord Hornwood exclaimed. "That's why you were so merciful with the guards, isn't it, Lord Robb?"

"Exactly, Lord Hornwood. The guards will pay for their crimes by protecting and aiding in constructing the new town," I confirmed with a smile.

"In addition, the profits my family has gained from vodka are more than enough to start with the expenses," I continued.

"But the town is just a façade, isn't it, Lord Robb?" Lord Karstark asked, smiling slightly before continuing, "You said you planned to prepare us for war, and a single town won't help with that."

"That's right, Lord Karstark. The town will attract attention so that the rest of Westeros ignores the true reason why so many people will be migrating to work in the town," I explained.

"I want us to quietly bring in all the blacksmiths and builders we can to start creating armor, weapons, and everything necessary for war. My family will be in charge of preserving and buying food, just in case. My family will buy the metal used for the time being. Before returning to Winterfell, I will thoroughly search this territory. Perhaps I will find a steel mine or some metal that can be used," I continued.

"Now, let's discuss plans to improve the North's overall economy," I continued.

"First, we will build new vodka factories close to the Dreadfort. Additionally, we will start breeding and selling products from various insects I have encountered in my travels," I explained.

"Insects, Lord Robb? How can simple insects contribute to the Northern economy?" Lord Umber asked.

"Haha," I laughed heartily at that question, taking a moment to calm my amusement before continuing, "Listen to all the advantages we could gain, my lords."

Opening a drawer of the desk, I began to take out different products I had obtained throughout the years, placing them one by one on the desk before motioning for the lords to come closer and inspect them.

"First, silk, my lords. When I traveled through Torrhen's Square, I found this type of larvae that produces this high-quality silk in acceptable quantities. Then we have honey and wax from these bees, which I found in Deepwood Motte. These bees survive and continue to work even in the harshest winters that have affected the North. Next, we have this pigment produced by scale insects found in Moat Cailin, and the most important product for the entire North, a fertilizer that has improved crops in Winterfell by three times the original yield last year," I explained with a smile.

"Before we continue, I want you to understand that these profits will go to the North, not specifically to our families. Each will retain a percentage, but most of the gains will be used for the good of the North, not specifically for our houses. And if I find out someone stole from us, I hope they pray to the old gods for mercy, because I won't have any" I told them seriously.

"Understood, lord robb. I'll leave my son with you as a sign of trust, and I'll stay here to check the work for a while; my wife can take care of the last hearth in my stead," said lord Umber.

"Then I will go back to Karhold, lord robb. Either way, my heir and second son will continue with your group if that suits you. Don't hesitate to send a raven if anyone needs any help with anything. I'll leave a third of my bannermen to help with the construction and security," said lord Karstark while walking out of the solar.

"Me too, Lord Robb. I'll go back to Hornwood since it is so close to the Dreadfort; I'll bring any mason or blacksmith I can find," said lord hornwood.

"You have my thanks, everyone. I hope this is the beginning of a fruitful relationship," I told them with a smile.

If you want to support me or read up to three chapters ahead, you can find me on patr*e on . co m (slash) Infinityreads99

The chapters following this one will have this message at the bottom since im just copy/pasting everything. One thing of note, as a free member you can read up to chapter 39 as of this post, one tier for 40 an the other one till 42.

Chapter 18: Progress and Meetings New
Four months later.

With the profits from all the new products, continuing our plans has been very smooth. The gold acquired by the four families was unimaginable for the northern population; the latest vodka production was so large that the Manderlys had to start creating more cogs and galleys to transport the products farther.

In a secret meeting between my father, myself, and Wyman Manderly, it was discussed that due to the North's newfound wealth, it was necessary to build more galleys for the defense of merchant ships, given the increase in Ironborn attacks.

Gradually, the North was preparing for the future unknowingly under my manipulations; the heightened security and training of new troops would serve for the War for the Iron Throne, and the new stance against bandits and Ironborn would ensure that most warriors were strict against our enemies in the war.

"How is the construction going, Smalljon?" I asked while we were having some vodka in the solar.

"Everything is going well, Robb. More blacksmiths come to Froststorm every week, and their production is advancing rapidly," Smalljon replied.

"Excellent. How many War sets do we have available at the moment?" I asked.

The War sets were what we called the instruments that each important soldier would need. They consisted of a full suit of armor, a sword, two daggers, and the tools necessary to keep the equipment in good condition.

"So far, we have approximately 130 War sets, Robb. We only have 38 blacksmiths working on these sets; the rest are focused on building the factories or on Froststorm itself," said Smalljon, shaking his head.

"These sets will be used by the best warriors of the North. We need to have at least 200 before the year ends," I told him.

"The North can provide up to thirty thousand soldiers, and I hope none will die for lack of some minimal form of defense," I said seriously.

"That will be very difficult, Robb, at least with the number of blacksmiths we have available," said Smalljon.

"I know, Smalljon, but I want us to be prepared. We cannot secure alliances with other kingdoms until the conflict begins."

"We must continue in secrecy. I don't think the rest of the Seven Kingdoms would remain calm if they knew of our plans," I continued, furrowing my brow as I thought of ways to improve production.

"We will use the Ironborn attacks as an excuse for the rest of the Northern houses to expand their production. That way, most blacksmiths throughout the North will focus on creating light armor and weapons," I said as I walked in the solar.

"Send a message to your father, Smalljon. Have his maester send a raven to Winterfell explaining this to Maester Luwin so he can send the rest of the messages to the other Northern houses," I instructed.

"Understood, Robb. I think this idea is like killing two birds with one stone. The threat of war will deter the worst attacks from the Ironborn, and we can increase production as needed," Smalljon said with a small smile.

"Exactly. We have that excuse if the rest of the kingdoms want to meddle in our problems. They cannot interfere without using the king for it, and with his friendship with my father and his hatred towards the Ironborn, he will not support the rest," I said.

"Excellent, Robb. I will take the fastest horse to meet with my father and tell him about your plans. I'll be back as soon as possible," Smalljon said as he left the solar.

King's Landing.

In the Great Throne Room of King's Landing, the Small Council gathered to discuss a matter of growing concern: the unexpected economic growth of the North. Even King Robert Baratheon was present, compelled by his Hand, Jon Arryn.

"Bah, how important can this be?" asked the king as he drank his new favorite, Northern Frostbite. "I have better things to do than waste time here."

"Prostitutes, my love?" asked the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Cersei Lannister, rolling her eyes.

"Please, Robert, Cersei. We must talk about this issue. The balance of the Seven Kingdoms is on the verge of breaking," said Jon Arryn with a severe expression.

"Lords of the council, King Robert Baratheon and Queen Cersei Lannister," began Varys, the Master of Whisperers, his voice filling the room. "My little birds in the North have not communicated with me for over a year. No spies in any of the important houses of the North, and reports from the rest of the kingdoms indicate that the Stark and Manderly houses have significantly increased their wealth in recent months. This change has raised concerns about the balance of power in the Seven Kingdoms."

Lord Stannis, the Master of Ships, observed from his seat. "Maritime trade has been key for the Manderlys, allowing them to expand their influence beyond the traditional limits of the North. This has given them a significant economic advantage over the rest of the kingdoms."

"If we allow the North to continue on this trajectory without supervision," interjected Lord Baelish, attempting to sow chaos for personal gain, "they could emerge as both an economic and military force to rival any other region of the realm. It's an issue that requires our immediate attention."

Cersei Lannister added, "The Northerners are barbarians, rough, uncouth, and uncivilized. It's a marvel they have accomplished so much."

"We must ensure we maintain control over these houses. We cannot allow the North to become too powerful and jeopardize the stability of the Seven Kingdoms," she continued.

King Robert Baratheon stood from his chair with a monstrous expression, approaching his Queen and raising his hand.

"Robert, calm down. Cersei is right; we must maintain a fair balance in the realm, and the North is endangering that balance. The Tyrells continue to complain about the decrease in their food purchases, and the Redwynes about the profits they have lost due to vodka, as well as the Martells and their wine," said Lord Arryn, trying to calm his stepson. "We must be careful about how we respond to these accusations; the North is our ally, but we must consider the other kingdoms."

Robert Baratheon took a deep breath, slowly trying to calm himself before retaking his seat. "Ned is my friend and a loyal ally. I don't want him to feel upset by our actions, but we must also ensure the peace and stability of my realm."

Jon Arryn, after carefully listening to the councilors' opinions, spoke in a calm voice. "I propose we send a delegation to investigate further. We need to better understand the motivations behind this growth and ensure it does not endanger the fragile harmony we have managed to maintain."

Lord Renly, raising his hand, continued, "But who will go on this investigation? I can go; I have been wanting to meet the heir of Winterfell. His legend has grown much in recent years, and I wouldn't mind if he became my squire," he finished with a smile.

Jon Arryn frowned momentarily before turning to Varys and sharing a look. "Varys and I cannot attend; we are in the middle of another investigation and cannot leave it unfinished."

"My father has been interested in the changes in the North and wants to know more about them," said the Queen. "Why don't we send the Imp to the North? Maybe he'll find a home with the rest of the barbarians."

Jon Arryn looked thoughtful before giving his opinion. "Lord Tyrion will be the next Lord of Casterly Rock and is wise about the realm's politics. He has my vote."

"Mine too," nodded Grand Maester Pycelle.

One by one, they were convinced until it was decided that Tyrion Lannister would be in charge of the delegation to investigate what was happening in the North.

King Robert stood from his throne with a thoughtful and worried expression as he watched the rest of the council members slowly disperse. Jon Arryn approached him with a serious yet serene look in his eyes.

"A necessary discussion, my king," said Lord Arryn. "The North is becoming too strong, and the balance of the Seven Kingdoms is in danger."

Robert nodded. "I hope the Tyrion brings clear answers. I don't want to have trouble with Ned. My victory was largely thanks to his support, and we repay him with distrust."

Jon placed a reassuring hand on the king's shoulder. "Ned is loyal; I have never doubted that. And thanks to the Seven, he is also pragmatic. He will understand our concerns if we explain them properly."

Grand Maester Pycelle approached. "My lord, is there any instruction you wish to give before we conclude for today?"

Robert rubbed his chin, thinking for a moment. "Inform Ned of our decision to send a delegation. I want to make sure he is fully informed."

Pycelle nodded reverently. "Of course, Your Majesty. I will personally see to delivering the message."

Also, my membership of Grammarly ended last night, so I'll be posting the chapters as I had them (dont worry I still use the free version, just not completely checked since i don't own the premium version)

Chapter 19: The plot progresses. New
Casterly Rock

Tyrion Lannister

As I made my way toward the solar, I couldn't help but wonder why my father had summoned me. Most days, the man couldn't bear the sight of me, so this sudden interest was curious, to say the least. I knocked on the solar's door and waited. Five minutes passed before my father finally called me in, a petty move to make me suffer, knowing full well that standing too long took its toll on my twisted legs. Typical Tywin, always finding small ways to remind me of my place.

It's no secret that my father and Cersei partly blamed me for my mother's death, though I suspect it was my appearance that fueled most of their resentment. Yet, I wasn't entirely devoid of affection in this family. My aunt Genna and my brother Jaime had been the only ones to offer me kindness within these cold walls.

"Come in," Tywin's voice cut through my thoughts, cold and commanding. I took a deep breath, bracing myself for whatever fresh hell awaited me. Talking to my father was never a pleasant experience. As I opened the door, I was surprised to see not only my father but also my aunt Genna, uncle Kevan, and Maester Creylen. This meant the conversation was not just important—it was crucial.

Tywin sat in his usual place of power, his gaze as stern as ever. The others were discussing the contents of a letter when Tywin began to speak. "Tyrion, the time has come for you to be useful to our family instead of wasting your time with whores and drinking," he said, looking at me with that familiar mix of disdain and disappointment. "This is an important task for House Lannister and the realm. You will be responsible for going North and conducting an audit on behalf of the realm."

I raised an eyebrow, incredulous. "An audit, Father? In the North?"

Aunt Genna, ever the gentle soul, stepped in. "It is a crucial task, Tyrion. Given the current situation in the realm, we must secure our interests."

Kevan, always the dutiful brother, added gravely, "The small council in King's Landing has decided to send an audit to investigate the changes in the North. The king isn't entirely sold on the idea, thanks to his friendship with Lord Stark, but the recent economic growth of the North threatens the status quo of the Seven Kingdoms." He paused, then continued, "In addition, you have another task from our family, Tyrion."

Tywin's voice took over, commanding as always. "I want you to spy on Winterfell and the Starks. Somehow, they've managed to rid themselves of all our spies in the North. I haven't received reports for over a year, and the only house that accepted our bribes seems to have been destroyed. I want you to find out the source of the changes in the North and, if possible, obtain the recipe for the new products they're importing."

Kevan nodded, his expression serious. "We need precise control over the other realms. When Robert Baratheon dies, our house will be next in line for power, and we can't risk everything we've achieved so far."

I looked at each of them, noting the gravity of their expressions. I knew this was one of the few chances I'd have to earn my father's approval, but I couldn't ignore the fear creeping in. "If the North has been able to dispose of all spies from the other realms, how will I manage to do this? And even if I can, how will I return alive if they find out?"

Tywin frowned, dismissive as ever. "They wouldn't dare harm you. You are a Lannister, and the small council is sending you. You just need to ensure they don't catch you meddling in their affairs."

The casual disregard for my safety stung, though it was no surprise. I'd always known I meant little to my father.

"Understood, Father. I will retire to prepare for my journey," I said, feeling the weight of defeat settle in.

"Be very careful, Tyrion. Some people would be saddened if anything happened to you," Aunt Genna said with a warm, understanding smile.

"Thank you, Aunt. I hope to return with good news. I will depart at dawn for King's Landing to join the rest of the audit group," I replied, rising from my seat and limping toward the exit.

"Don't fail me, Tyrion," Tywin said with finality.

As if I had a choice.

The Dreadfort
Robb Stark

Two weeks had passed since Smalljon Umber had left the Dreadfort, and while waiting for his response, I kept busy with the logistics of maintaining a large group of blacksmiths in a new village.

The expenses incurred so far had been astronomical, and there was no way the original North's history could sustain this expenditure. However, with the profits we had gained from vodka and its variants, we could manage this expense for some time. Additionally, the profits we would gain from other products would improve the situation.

Preparing for war was very complicated, even more so in a medieval era like the one I found myself in. The area that encompassed the North was much larger than the rest of the kingdoms, so communication between houses was slow, and there was no way to improve communications with my powers or knowledge of the future. Because of that, I had to wait weeks if not months to receive news of important events in other houses, not to mention the other kingdoms.

Noticing with my insects that Jon was heading toward my new solar, I waited for him to get close to the door to tell him to come in.

"Come in," I said before he could even knock.

"What message do you bring now, Jon?" I asked with a smile.

"Someday you'll tell me how you know how it's possible that you know it's me," Jon said with a laugh.

"I've already told you, little brother. When we return to Winterfell, I'll tell you about this," I said enigmatically.

"Aye, I can't wait," he said with a deadpan.

"So, Jon. What does the message say?" I asked quickly.

"It's a message from Last Hearth, Robb. Smalljon left his home four days ago. He should be coming today or at the latest tomorrow," Jon said.

"Very good news, Jon. Is that all?" I asked.

"No, it also says that Smalljon brings urgent news, but he will explain when he arrives," Jon said with a puzzled look.

"Hmm, it must be something very important for them not to write it down," I said, rubbing my chin.

"Don't do that, Robb. You don't even have a beard," Jon joked.

"Shut up haha," I laughed with him.

"Let's go to the village to check on the progress they've made in this time," I told him as I got up to go together.

As we walked through the corridors of the castle, I thought about everything I had managed to accomplish in this short time in Westeros. The North was at peace; the bandits no longer acted for fear of the new policy against them; there were no longer spies or traitors. I knew my progress had been excellent, but my story was just beginning. The real problems would start with the war for the throne, and then the war against the dead. I couldn't give up, no matter how scared I was of what might happen. My connections with the rest of the North had become much stronger in this short time, but I would do everything in my power to keep my loved ones safe.

While watching the former guards and workers working in the village, I noticed a commotion on the edge of my power, a group galloping quickly toward the village entrance, and the guards preparing to welcome them.

Turning to Jon, I put a hand on his shoulder as I began to push him.

"It seems Smalljon has returned already. Let's go greet him," I said as I guided him toward the commotion.

Arriving at the village entrance, I put a smile on my face as the guards welcomed Smalljon and his group.

"Welcome back, Smalljon," I said as I hugged him.

"Thank you, Robb, but I'm afraid I bring bad news," Smalljon said, furrowing his brow.

Looking at him seriously, I asked, "What happened? It must be something serious for you to look like this."

"The king will send a group to investigate the changes in the North. Maester Luwin sent a raven to Last Hearth saying he received the news from a raven from King's Landing," Smalljon said with a displeased face.

"Damn... do we know who will lead it?" I asked.

"Tyrion Lannister, Jon. I've heard about his intelligence and political acumen. It won't be easy to keep this secret," Smalljon said, shaking his head.

"Hah, I can work with this," I replied with a smile before continuing, "Jon, get ready for the journey back to Winterfell. Smalljon, you'll stay in charge of continuing our work here. Keep me informed; I trust you'll do a good job, and if you need help, don't hesitate to write to Lord Karstark."

"Understood, Robb. I won't let you down," Smalljon said, shaking my hand.

The chapters following this one will have this message at the bottom since I'm just copying/pasting everything. One thing of note, as a free member you can read up to chapter 39 as of this post, one tier for 40 and the other one till 42.

Also, my membership of Grammarly ended last night, so I'll be posting the chapters as I had them (don't worry I still use the free version, just not completely checked since I don't own the premium version)

Chapter 20: The North prepares. New
The journey to Winterfell was fairly swift. Jon, Theon, Jory, and I rode without rest until we returned, still in "summer" despite the ongoing snowfall. The animals were accustomed to this climate, allowing us to reach Winterfell in thirteen days, stopping only when necessary to rest.

My intention in returning to Winterfell well ahead of the Southern delegation was to prepare my family for the types of questions and actions the delegation would take. I also aimed to conduct a thorough cleansing of the castle to rid it of any evidence that could reveal either my powers or my actions. My reputation hinted at my intelligence, but only my father and Maester Luwin knew that I was behind most of the economic changes in the North. Most people only knew me for my martial feats.

As we approached Winterfell's walls in the distance, my group and I maintained our pace. Within minutes, we began to hear the commotion from inside the walls.

"Open the gates!" shouted Ser Rodrick Cassel.

As we waited for the gates to open, we dismounted so the stable boys could care for our horses. After the journey, they deserved rest and care.

"My Lord Robb, Jory! It's good to see you," said Ser Rodrick as he approached us.

"Ser Rodrick," I nodded.

"Uncle, it's good to see you again," Jory said as he embraced his father.

"Come, come, the stable boys will take care of your horses. The rest of the Starks are waiting for you in the courtyard," said Ser Rodrick, leading us toward the rest of my family.

Entering Winterfell, my group and I reunited with the rest of my family. My parents, Bran, Rickon, Sansa, and Arya were waiting for us with open arms.

"Welcome back, I'm glad to see you all safe and sound," said my father.

"I'm glad to see you all again," I said as I approached them.

After embracing the rest of my family, we retired to the dining hall to eat well after a long journey.

The atmosphere was warm yet tense. The news of the delegation coming from King's Landing was a nuisance to most residents of Winterfell. The offense at the lack of trust from the capital towards us was considerable.

I was probably the only one who understood the true reason why the South was sending this delegation. Lord Arryn was a hypocrite, working so hard only to try to keep the Baratheon dynasty alive after all the fuck ups the king did. But I was sure the old Arryn didn't have much time left; he was probably already investigating the true heritage of the kingdom's princes.

Tyrion Lannister was one of my favorite characters from the series, and being sent by the king of the realm meant he had a higher level of protection than he would normally have. I had no doubt he would seek more than what was discussed in the letter. The Lannisters would not hesitate to use this opportunity to further their plans.

Eating with my family and engaging in small talk, we quickly finished the welcoming banquet. My father, with a serious air, addressed me.

"Robb, Jon. Come with me to the solar. We have much to discuss."

Accompanying him slowly, Jon, my father, and I made our way to his solar. Outside it, Ser Rodrick and Maester Luwin were waiting for us to enter. Together, we all entered and took our seats to begin planning for Tyrion and his companions' arrival.

"I can't believe the king has accepted this decision," Ser Rodrick said with a frown.

"He had no other choice, Ser Rodrick," I replied, looking everyone in the eyes. "The North has grown rapidly, whether in economic or military power, and I imagine the fact that they don't get quick news from here makes them even more nervous."

"They have no right to have spies in the North, and they get upset when we've rid ourselves of those who were here?" Ser Rodrick asked again.

"That's the game of Thrones, Ser. It's a pity they don't understand that here in the North, we have neither the time nor the inclination to get involved in their problems," Maester Luwin said calmly.

My father nodded, frowning. "The Maester is right. I never liked politics in the South, and this looks like it's planned by Jon Arryn and the Lannisters. I know how they operate; I grew up in the Vale and noticed that Jon had done something similar when Lord Royce was trying to expand his profits," he continued after taking a deep breath. "Besides, we cannot have spies lurking in the North. It is our responsibility as guardians to protect these lands and its people."

"Tyrion Lannister's intellect is praised even here in the North. We should bear in mind that he will notice any inconsistency," Jon said, wanting to contribute but feeling very out of place in this conversation.

"Despite the offensive nature of this audit, we cannot show any hostility. We must be careful how we act with them," Maester Luwin said, stroking his chin.

"I don't like this, my lord. We fought alongside King Robert, and he repays us with this?" Ser Rodrick exclaimed, banging the table.

"We can do nothing at the moment, Ser Rodrick," I said, leaning forward. "That's why we must prepare a proper reception for the delegation. We must show them the respect due as representatives of the king, but we also need to make it clear that the North is not a place to be underestimated."

Maester Luwin nodded. "We should prepare a welcoming feast. The delegation will arrive in two or three weeks, depending on where Lord Tyrion is."

"We'll increase security. We need more guards patrolling the area, and the rest of the castle will behave as it does now. We have the advantage of knowing that the entire castle is loyal to the Starks, and it won't be easy for them to buy them off thanks to the goodwill we've earned with your actions, Robb," my father said with a slight smile.

"We also need to keep a watchful eye on Lord Tyrion and his companions. We can't let them snoop beyond what the king's permission allows," Ser Rodrick said.

"Exactly, Ser Rodrick," I agreed. "The time when the North depended on the South's whims is over. With the new products and the amount of food we've obtained, we are capable of being independent. The only reason we remain loyal is our honor."

"On that note, Father," I addressed him, "One of the reasons I imagine they're upset is that we've stopped buying food from the Tyrells. And from what I've heard, their lord won't hesitate to complain to the king about the loss they've had."

My father chuckled, "Yes, son. I have no doubt Mace Tyrell has complained to Robert for that reason. The man is a fool."

"I think it's time we started buying from them again, but only perishable food. Don't you think stockpiling extra food would be a good idea? Winter is coming, after all," I said with a conspiratorial smile.

"If Lord Tyrion brings this up, we should play hard to get before conceding, shouldn't we?" Jon asked.

"Why would we do that, Jon?" Maester Luwin asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jon shifted nervously, obviously feeling out of place.

"Well, I think it would be a good idea because that way Lord Tyrion would feel that the power granted by the king is what made us 'lose' money just to follow his orders," Jon timidly suggested.

"And seeing that we relent on that indication, we get what we already wanted and they see us as weak! Ha, I love it, Jon. Brilliant idea," I said with a smile.

"I don't like these games. We're not like this in the North," my father said with an impassive face.

"Do you think it would be best, my lord? It's a very good idea that would help both sides," Maester Luwin said.

"They deserve it, my lord. After all, sending this delegation is offensive," Ser Rodrick snorted, clearly still upset by that slight.

"It's a good idea, Father. We both get what we want - us, food to stockpile; the Lannisters feel good about ordering us around; the Tyrells stop crying over sales, and the crown is pleased that we accept their terms. It's a win-win," I said seriously.

My father fell silent for a few seconds before letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Aye, they deserve it," he said before rising.

"It's settled then. Rodrick, prepare the guards. I want them to show the power of the Starks. Maester, please speak to Vayon to ensure the servants are ready. Robb, you'll keep an eye on the guests; I want to know everything they do at all times. And Jon, you'll assist your brother," my father said decisively.

"Understood, Father. Now, it's time for me to have a private conversation with Jon, so we'll be taking our leave," I said with a smile.

The chapters following this one will have this message at the bottom since I'm just copying/pasting everything. One thing of note, as a free member you can read up to chapter 39 as of this post, one tier for 40 and the other one till 42.

Also, my membership of Grammarly ended last night, so I'll be posting the chapters as I had them (don't worry I still use the free version, just not completely checked since I don't own the premium version)

I have no idea how other authors crosspost without getting confused lol, i almost forgot to post here today. Hopefuly when im in the same chapter in every platform it will be easier.

Domeric was shafted already, RIP.

How comes Robb didn't bring up Domeric during Ramsey's trial? Cos I'm pretty sure that him killing the next Lord Bolton who also happened to be grandson of Lord Ryswell and the nephew of lady Dustin woulda been a huge deal?

Also, even if the North is growing wealthier and more financially independent, the King/Capital doesn't really have the authority to audit them since they didn't break any laws. Not to mention that he can't really do much if they don't wanna buy food from the Reach, cos he doesn't really have that kinda authority. Westeros is a martial and feudal society and this kinda stuff is considered both offensive and idiotic as it would show the rest of the realm that the king is more than happy to spy and micromanage his vassals just they minding their own business. I mean, if he's willing to do this to his foster brother who won the throne, then what's stopping him from pulling that shit with houses? I mean what's to say that the Dornish and the Reacherlords aren't next on agenda? 🤷🏾

One does wonder what Lady Dustin feels once she hears that Roose Bolton & Ramsay Snow had died and whether she suspects that it was Ramsay that had her nephew killed off ....

Now we wait for the Southern Entourage to annoy the North with them checking out the new North's prosperity uptick...

Last edited:
Pigment insect - in Poland insect making red pigment gave our Kings much money,till better ones was discovered in Mexico.
So yes,it is good idea.
And,if they agree to buy from Tyrrels after hard fight,it should be enough.

P.S When tell Ned ,that Cersei children are bastards?

How comes Robb didn't bring up Domeric during Ramsey's trial? Cos I'm pretty sure that him killing the next Lord Bolton who also happened to be grandson of Lord Ryswell and the nephew of lady Dustin woulda been a huge deal?

Also, even if the North is growing wealthier and more financially independent, the King/Capital doesn't really have the authority to audit them since they didn't break any laws. Not to mention that he can't really do much if they don't wanna buy food from the Reach, cos he doesn't really have that kinda authority. Westeros is a martial and feudal society and this kinda stuff is considered both offensive and idiotic as it would show the rest of the realm that the king is more than happy to spy and micromanage his vassals just they minding their own business. I mean, if he's willing to do this to his foster brother who won the throne, then what's stopping him from pulling that shit with houses? I mean what's to say that the Dornish and the Reacherlords aren't next on agenda? 🤷🏾

About Domeric I'm going to be honest, I forgot about him after deciding that he was already dead lol. But maybe in the future I'll use that information if any of those lords are acting sus.
And about kingslanding... Thats like my point, they SHOULDNT be allowed to do so, and if they tried with anyone but the North they would have a rebellion under them, but since Ned is the Lord and all that, they are dumb enough to try and Ned would accept it. Its one of the main reasons Robb can obtain such power in the future, as northerners don't want ned in the lead because of the decisions he took/ would take thanks to his "honor".

Pigment insect - in Poland insect making red pigment gave our Kings much money,till better ones was discovered in Mexico.
So yes,it is good idea.
And,if they agree to buy from Tyrrels after hard fight,it should be enough.

P.S When tell Ned ,that Cersei children are bastards?
Just happened in the latest chapter lol, Ned is trusting (dumb) enough to do so in many circumstances.

Chapter 21: Talks, Preparations, and Arrival New
Winterfell.
Robb Stark.

Walking with Jon as we left my father's solar, I mentally prepared how to start this conversation with my brother. I wanted Jon to be my right-hand man; his character showed loyalty in the series, and I knew that growing up together and for the years ahead, our bond would be strong. He could assist me and take command when I was unavailable.

As we walked, I said, "Jon, come with me to the dungeon; we'll have our conversation there."

Jon nodded, walking calmly towards one of the most remote areas of the castle where no one else could enter except for me. My father, despite trusting me, wouldn't dare to enter the zone that had been dedicated as a breeding pit. The rest of Winterfell's residents had orders to stay away.

When we arrived at the dungeon entrance, I greeted the guards patrolling the area.

"Arryck, Gared, I hope you're having a good day," I said with a smile.

"Lord Robb, Jon, we're well," they replied simultaneously.

Jon smiled at them; they were among the guards we trusted most, having served under our banner for over a decade. They had never shown disdain towards Jon for being a "bastard"; in fact, they were some of the most respectful towards him in the entire castle.

Jon's situation was very different from canon. After being my right-hand man for these years since we started traveling, he had earned a very good reputation throughout the North. No one dared to offend him because I stood by his side and quickly defended him whenever anyone spoke ill of him in my presence. As time passed, he became less reliant on my protection, gaining a reputation for his potential as a great warrior.

My mother and Sansa were two of the three people who found it most difficult to change their attitudes towards Jon, but the worst of all was Septa Mordane.

She harbored such a deep hatred for anything "unnatural" that I was forced to get rid of her by infecting her with an illness until she had to be sent back south. When she left, I cured her of the disease. There was no reason to kill her, so I simply ensured she left.

I think I had never seen Arya as happy as the day the septa left Winterfell, although her joy did not last long as her replacement returned. At least Septa Elenya was not as strict and much younger than the old Mordane.

It was difficult, but I managed to persuade my mother of the advantages of having a septa born in the North. Elenya grew up in an orphanage in White Harbor, one of the few areas in the North that publicly followed the Faith of the Seven. However, she grew up as a Northern resident, understanding how harsh winters were and how the Northern lords behaved and expected others to act, so she didn't hold the same disdain for many things that Septa Mordane detested with all her soul.

"Jon and I will enter the dungeon. Take a break and go eat something in the kitchen; tell them I sent you," I said, handing them a couple of silver coins.

"Understood, Lord Robb. We'll return in an hour, or sooner if you call us back," Arryck said, taking the coins with a smile.

All residents of Winterfell were loyal to the Starks, but it never hurt to give them more reasons to be happy; that's Lordship 101.

As I waited for the guards to walk away, I took the keys to the door and opened it.

"Take careful steps and follow me," I told Jon.

Taking a pair of torches, we made our way to the back of the dungeon. Jon walked carefully, occasionally jumping in surprise at the sounds coming from the darkness.

"Relax, Jon. They won't harm you," I said calmly.

When we reached the center of the dungeon, I asked Jon to stand still while I headed toward the edge of the passage, placing my torch at the bottom. I watched as the fire spread in a circle to illuminate the dungeon. One of my best inventions so far was a vast quantity of insects that secreted a flammable liquid inside their bodies which they could spit out. These insects had only two tasks: to procreate and to fill the channel with fluid to be ignited when necessary.

Jon's eyes widened in alarm. "Wha... what is this, Robb?" he asked anxiously.

"These are our house's greatest secret, Jon. They are our allies, and with them, we will overcome whoever opposes us," I said with a smile, ordering a couple of groups to approach slowly.

These groups consist of various insects—bees, ants, spiders, etc.—approached, I watched Jon closely as he tried to compose himself.

"They won't harm you, Jon," I reassured him.

"How can you be sure of that, Robb? That spider is like the ones mentioned in the library books as one of the most dangerous creatures in the North," Jon said, his breathing becoming erratic.

Noticing that Jon was not taking this revelation easily, I was as honest and concise as possible.

"Because they are under my control, Jon. And you know I would never harm you," I said sincerely.

As Jon tried to calm down, I demonstrated my control over the insects by ordering them to somersault or simply climb onto my body without harming me.

"Feeling calmer now?" I asked with a smile.

"This is amazing, Robb. What else can you do?" Jon asked, curious.

"I can do anything, Jon. My control is absolute, but that's not all. Everything they feel, see, smell, etc., I will know instantaneously," I said, closing my eyes and walking without stumbling or bumping into walls.

"That's how you always know what's happening around you, right?" Jon asked.

"Impressive, isn't it?" I smiled.

"It's amazing. Thank you for trusting me," Jon said with a slightly sad smile.

"You're my right-hand man, Jon. One of only three people who know about my power," I affirmed.

"Our father and Lady Catelyn?" Jon asked.

"Yes, Jon. No one else knows, and I trust you not to tell anyone," I said seriously.

"Don't doubt it, Robb. I would never do anything to endanger our family," Jon replied just as seriously.

"While we're here in privacy, I want us to prepare some things for when the King's Landing delegation arrives," I continued.

Two weeks later.

Everything was ready for the delegation's reception; any evidence of my involvement in the ideas that changed the North had disappeared, and all the servants knew what to talk about and what not to mention.

The dungeons where my breeding pit had been located were empty; now my insects were in the deepest part of the crypts, where no one, not even I, could access them. Moving all my insects stealthily had taken more than a week due to the large quantity I had accumulated over the years, but little by little, it had been possible to achieve.

Ten days ago, we received a raven from White Harbor mentioning that the King's Landing delegation had arrived; Lord Manderly accompanied them with thirty guards to ensure their safety on the road, and according to Maester Luwin, if there were no issues, the delegation would arrive today.

As the hours passed slowly, in the evening, there was a commotion at the entrance of Winterfell. The sound of horses approaching grew louder.

Using my power only to confirm, I noticed that the delegation and the knights from White Harbor were approaching Winterfell quickly. Standing up, I went to inform the rest of my family.

When we were all ready, we went out to the courtyard to receive them. More than fifty guards stood by our side, all dressed in full armor as a show of power.

Slowly, the caravan entered. The master-at-arms of White Harbor was the first to pass through the gates, followed by the biggest surprise I've had since I started this life. A kingsguard followed the maester at arms. Then came the litter, followed by the rest of the guards; those at the front dismounted from their horses.

A servant opened the litter's door, from which Lord Manderly emerged, somewhat forcing himself to exit through the door, followed by a person of small stature, eyes of different colors, and hair almost white, with a large forehead and head.

Suppressing my surprise at seeing that Tyrion from the series was very different from the one in front of me, I smiled beside my father.

The rest of the delegation knelt before my father, showing the respect he deserved as the Warden of the North. My smile became even more genuine when I noticed that despite the physical discomfort it caused him, Tyrion also knelt before him.

My father, taking charge, addressed the delegation.

"My lords, it is an honor to receive the representatives of King's Landing. Please, take bread and salt, and let us continue this in the warmth of the castle," he said, gesturing to some servants to start moving.

"It's an honor to see Winterfell, my Lord," Tyrion said as he stood up with a smile. "The books fail to detail how majestic it is."

As the guests finished the bread and salt ritual, I subtly investigated the rest of the delegation, but I didn't see anyone important accompanying them.

"Thank you for your words, Lord Tyrion. I believe we would say the same if we were to visit Casterly Rock," my father said with an impassive face.

"We have prepared a welcoming feast; please, join us," he continued, before turning around and heading towards the dining hall.

Chapter 22: The first day. New
As we walked towards the dining hall, I observed the delegation that had entered the castle with great interest. Most of Tyrion's companions were important figures from King's Landing, yet they were not featured in the series.

Lady Elyse Harroway, a young woman in her early thirties, presented herself with a perfect demeanor, as a lady should. She was responsible for handling dignitaries from outside King's Landing, receiving and treating them with the respect they deserved.

"You wouldn't believe what happened next," Lady Harroway said with a laugh, delicately covering her mouth with one hand. "Lord Hallish slipped as he exited the office, and he was so embarrassed that he didn't return to continue with his complaints."

The rest of the group laughed at her story, breaking the tension that had been building as we walked in silence. The rest of the delegation began conversations with various people from Winterfell, from guards to servants and my family.

Tyrion remained in conversation with my father, engrossed as they discussed the history of the castle.

"Is it true about the battle against the Red Kings where Winterfell held out for six months with only five hundred men?" Tyrion asked with curiosity.

My father, with a furrowed brow, nodded. "Difficult times, according to the writings I've read, but yes, our castle can defend itself with very few people."

"Impressive, and the castle's temperature is warmer," Tyrion commented as he removed his cloak and handed it to a servant. "It's incredible how the founder of House Stark managed to build this castle. Supposedly, hot water runs through its walls to prevent them from freezing. It's a marvel of construction; there must have truly been magic in the Age of Heroes."

"It's a shame that magic disappeared, isn't it, Lord Stark?" he asked.

My father paused for a moment, contemplating. "Yes, it is. The things that could be accomplished if magic still existed would change the world as we know it."

"You don't disdain magic here, Lord Stark?" Tyrion inquired.

"No," my father replied after a moment of silence. "During your stay in the North, you'll see how different it is compared to the rest of the Seven Kingdoms, Lord Tyrion."

"I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Honestly, the hospitality we've received so far is better than that of many houses in the South," Tyrion remarked with a wry smile. "No one has insulted me or looked down on me because of my appearance. You get good at noticing such things when they happen often."

"Rumors of your intelligence have reached us, milord. And as I mentioned, many things are different here in the North. There are always bad people, but I hope you won't encounter any unpleasant situations within the castle. All residents have been instructed on how to treat dignitaries, so they will treat you with respect," my father said seriously.

As we arrived at the dining hall, all the important guests took their seats at the main table. Jon remained with Sansa and my other siblings to watch over them at the lower tables. My father, mother, Tyrion, Lady Elyse, the Kingsguard who had yet to remove his helmet, and I sat at the head table.

"I hope you enjoy this banquet prepared in your honor, my lords," my father said, raising a glass of vodka for a toast.

"As I said outside, it is an honor to be here, Lord Stark," Tyrion replied, and Lady Elyse nodded beside him.

The music started, and the atmosphere became lively as everyone chatted, ate, and drank. Lord Manderly, in particular, seemed quite cheerful. Due to his weight, he rarely came to Winterfell when he could avoid it. Enjoying his food and drink to the fullest, since his wife Donella was not present to deny him more.

After the banquet, my father stood up and addressed the rest of the guests.

"Rooms have been prepared, and your belongings have already been delivered to each room. Please follow the servants; they will guide you to your chambers," my father said with a serious tone.

"Lord Tyrion, Lady Elyse, and your guard, please accompany us to my solar. We will continue your purpose for coming to the North there," my father concluded, turning to walk towards his solar.

Seeking Jon's eyes, I nodded at him, and Jon got up, taking the rest of my siblings to continue their day as usual.

Standing up, I addressed the most important members of the delegation for the first time.

"Lord Tyrion, Lady Elyse, please follow me," I said with a smile.

We began to walk towards my father's study at a calm pace, initiating a small conversation.

"Lord Tyrion, what do you think of the North from what little you've seen?"

"Well, it's certainly different from what the rumors say in the South, Lord Robb," Tyrion replied with a chuckle.

"That we're barbaric and uncultured?" I quipped back, joining in the light-hearted exchange.

"It seems you're familiar with the South, my lord?" Lady Elyse interjected.

"Just rumors from my travels, same as you both," I smiled.

"Hah, I like you," Tyrion remarked.

"I thought you might be more proud, with the fame you've garnered," he continued.

"We're built differently in the North, Lord Tyrion," I said with a smile, before becoming serious. "Life is hard here; we don't have time for pompous things like the stories they tell about us."

"I hope to learn more during my time here," Tyrion remarked thoughtfully.

"And how long will that be, my lord?" I inquired.

"As long as necessary, Lord Robb. This is the first time the crown has tasked me with something like this, and I won't fail them," Tyrion replied seriously.

"Many people aren't pleased with the crown's decision," I added, my voice impassive.

"I can imagine, Lord Robb. I know how my father would react if they did something like this to him," Tyrion chuckled.

"And what do you think about it?" He asked finally.

"I'm not happy about it, Lord Tyrion. But I understand why they're doing it," I said, furrowing my brow.

"We've arrived at my father's study," I announced.

I knocked on the door, waiting for my father to invite us in. Inside the study, the maester and my father were waiting for us.

"Please, have a seat," my father offered. "I hope the banquet was to your liking, my lords."

Tyrion nodded with a smile. "It was, my lord. It's a pity this is my first time visiting your home under these circumstances, but I hope we all end up satisfied once this is over."

"The crown is concerned about the recent changes in the North, and we've only received rumors, so they decided to send this delegation to investigate further. As a delegation sent by the crown, we're here to look into these matters and ensure that the peace and stability of the Seven Kingdoms are not compromised," Tyrion said respectfully.

Lady Elyse spoke up in a calm voice, "Lord Stark, you need to understand that the recent actions of the North have raised some concerns at the small council. However, let us assure you that our interest is more in understanding than confrontation. We would like to discuss openly how we can collaborate for the mutual benefit of our regions."

My father nodded briefly. "I understand your concerns, and I appreciate your diplomatic approach. The North has prospered greatly in recent years, it's true. We've invested in our infrastructure and strengthened trade with various goods originating from our area."

Ser Arys Oakheart spoke gravely, "My lord, I have been sent by the king himself to provide leadership in the defense of the delegation and to return with objective knowledge to report back to the king accurately. Our purpose is to ensure that the interests of the realm are protected everywhere."

"Understood, Ser Oakheart. And I hope you will return to the capital with the necessary knowledge to make your reports. Please understand that you'll only receive answers regarding matters relevant to your investigation, nothing more," my father said seriously.

"There will be a couple of rules for you to continue your duty. First, give the necessary respect to the Northern workers; I don't want to hear that you've used dishonorable methods to obtain information. Second, you can investigate anything related to your duty, but I don't want to find out that you came with ill intentions to uncover secrets of my house that have nothing to do with this," he continued, with a furrowed brow.

"Please don't doubt that, my lord," Tyrion said, trying to ease the tension in the room. "We will fulfill our duty and nothing more, aside from enjoying what the North provides," he continued with a smile.

"I hope you stick to that, Lord Tyrion. Now, the maester will guide you to your chambers. We can continue this when you've rested from your arduous journey," my father concluded decisively.

Chapter 23: Problems Ahead. New
Winterfell

Tyrion Lannister

Next day.

"What do you think of the Starks, Lady Elyse?" I asked as we settled in after the maester had shown us to our chambers. The North had already proven to be a place full of surprises, and I was curious about her impressions.

"It's... interesting," Elyse replied after a moment of contemplation. "Almost everything about the North is different from how people act in King's Landing, Lord Tyrion."

"Oh? Please, elaborate," I prompted, intrigued by her observations.

"Well... for starters, I noticed that Lord Robb was with us in the council meeting. Isn't it unusual for the heir to be present at such meetings from such a young age?" she countered.

"Isn't it normal for the heir to learn to lead from a young age?" I asked, though in my case, it had been different—more due to my father's disdain than anything else. Still, I'd heard enough about the other western lords to know it wasn't unheard of.

"Yes, but it's not normal for the maester to give them glances as if his opinion mattered, rather than being present just to learn," Elyse said thoughtfully. "I don't know. It seems strange to me that a twelve-year-old's opinion would be sought in a situation like this."

"You're right; that's not common. But we don't know if it's just the Starks or if that's how things work in the North. As we've heard, winter is harsh; perhaps they prepare them even more rigorously from a young age in case something happens to the lord of the house," I said, frowning at the thought.

"That might be the case, Lord Tyrion. We'll have to wait and see if there are any inconsistencies. Besides that, did you notice the number of guards training and patrolling? A normal house doesn't have so many soldiers on hand in peacetime," Elyse remarked.

"We also have to consider the number of blacksmiths working tirelessly when we passed through Wintertown before reaching the castle. The North is preparing for something, and we need to find out what," I said, my tone firm. The Lannisters needed to understand the Stark's sudden surge in activity.

"Well, in that case, we have time. These kinds of investigations can last for weeks, if not months. Thank the Seven that Lord Stark is being kind to us. The fact that the crown is getting involved after having forgotten the North for so many years hasn't made us friends with these lords," Elyse said, her voice tinged with concern.

"In that case, I hope what Lord Stark said is true and they treat us well while we're here. I'd rather not find out how a group of Northerners would treat us if we stumble into something we shouldn't," I said with a slight laugh, though the unease in my gut was hard to ignore.

Robb Stark.

Waking up at dawn, I got ready to accompany the delegation from King's Landing on their investigations. My job would be to go with them and calm the smallfolk so that there wouldn't be too many problems.

Most Northerners didn't think positively of people from the South, and this action by the crown to send a delegation to investigate our progress after having left us forgotten since the revolution didn't help at all.

Walking towards the dining hall where I would meet with the rest, I mentally prepared for what was coming. I knew I was relatively intelligent, and knowing how some of the named characters would act would help, but I also knew that Tyrion was a very intelligent person, and Lady Elyse must be too if she had been working in her position for some time.

I would have to be very careful with what I said and hope for the best. The only real advantage I had was that the North hadn't done anything "illegal" in the time I'd been here. Most changes could be explained without getting into technicalities.

"A good day to you, Lord Tyrion, Lady Elyse," I greeted them with a smile as I sat down at the table with them. "If you like, when we finish eating, I'll be your guide around the castle and its surroundings. If you want to bring a guard just in case, there's no problem with me, but my company might be better for your safety and when talking to the residents."

"It would be an honor, Lord Robb. I hope you won't be bored while we conduct the investigation," Lady Elyse said, looking at me with a calculating gaze.

"That won't happen, milady. I'm sure I'll have good company with you," I replied with a smile.

As we continued with breakfast, we had small, unimportant conversations, from how the weather was that day to what I usually did in my daily life.

Answering their questions calmly until we all finished, Tyrion, Elyse, Ser Oakheart, and I got up to start their investigations.

"What would you like to see right now, milords?" I asked them as we left the castle.

"I think we could start by talking to your master-at-arms, Lord Robb. I assure you we'll try not to ask any questions unrelated to our investigation," Tyrion assured.

"That sounds good. Ser Rodrick is training the recruits who have come to Winterfell. Let's go to the training area," I said, changing direction.

Walking toward the training areas, it was quite obvious the number of trained soldiers and recruits, had increased considerably in these two years. Generally, in previous years, there were only 800 to 1000 soldiers at any given time in peacetime, but since I began to get more involved in how the house was run, I subtly gave reasons why we should have more guards in the castle and its surroundings. Inside the castle, the original garrison of approximately 900 trained soldiers was always maintained. But now on the outskirts of Winterfell (the industrial areas and in Wintertown), there were different barricades focused on training recruits and securing the assigned areas.

When House Stark put out a notice in the center of the town that we would start training a force under our name, rumors began to travel from town to town thanks to travelers and merchants moving between them, offering everything from food to an honest salary. We had managed to have a militia of 2500 well-trained soldiers; they were no longer the same youths who joined us out of honor or to help their families, most of the soldiers were trained and already had some battles in their name during the bandit purge.

As we walked towards Ser Rodrick's location (which I had obtained through my powers), most of the soldiers stopped their work to greet me respectfully. The respect they had for me because I had trained with many of them was quite evident; I had earned their trust and admiration with my martial skills. I wasn't the best fighter in the whole North, but regarding archery, no one could say they were better than me.

Also, that didn't mean I was bad at fighting with a sword; in fact, I was one of the best, and I had the potential to be the best over time, but thanks to my physique for my age, or lack of experience compared to the best, I wasn't able to beat them. That didn't mean I fell without giving a fight, as I had the reputation of being difficult to beat, thanks to cheating with my powers.

"Ser Rodrick, I need a moment of your attention," I shouted at the entrance to the training room.

Ser Rodrick looked up from where he was yelling at a poor sap who was thrown to the ground upon hearing my voice.

"Jory, keep training them," he said authoritatively.

"What can I do for you, Lord Robb?" Ser Rodrick asked as he walked out of the area.

"For now, let's move to a quieter place, Ser," I replied as I walked towards a solitary area.

As the rest followed me, I used my power to see that there was no one snooping around; I didn't think there were new spies yet, but curiosity killed the cat and I preferred to be sure.

"My companions would like to ask you some questions, Ser. Answer them without hesitation; if any question exceeds their power, I'll let you know to stop," I addressed Rodrick.

Tyrion cleared his throat to get attention. "Ser Rodrick, I hope you're having a good day," he began greeting.

"Start with the questions, Lord Tyrion. I have to get back to training that group of useless ones," Ser Rodrick said with an air of irritation.

Turning to Tyrion and Elyse, I just shrugged. I told them that Northerners weren't going to be happy about this.

"Yes, yes... My first question is, is there any reason why there are so many soldiers and even more being trained?" Tyrion asked.

Ser Rodrick raised an eyebrow, saying, "To increase security, obviously, milord. Isn't it normal to do that in the South?" he ended by asking.

"Of course it's normal," Lady Elyse intervened calmly. "But usually the numbers are lower, and we were wondering why there are so many. Even the Gold Cloaks in King's Landing number only 2000."

"We have the town and the industrial areas to protect, milady. I know you recognize the amount of gold obtained thanks to the new industries in the North; clearly, we have to protect the area and send battalions guarding the merchandise when sent to White Harbor," Ser Rodrick said in a tone gentler than the one he used with Tyrion.

"Ah, of course... your new products have created quite a stir in the Seven Kingdoms and beyond," said Lady Elyse with a chitter.

"But after the purge, there aren't as many bandits in the North. Wouldn't it be logical to reduce expenses by maintaining a fleet of this size?" Tyrion asked shrewdly.

"You can answer without hesitation, Ser Rodrick," I reassured the Master-at-Arms calmly. "It's not something we have to hide."

"It's because of the threat of the Ironborn," Ser Rodrick explained, annoyed.

"What have the Greyjoys done now?" Elyse asked with a concerned air.

"What haven't they done?" exclaimed Ser Rodrick. "They're attacking our coasts, our merchant ships, and then they give the excuse that it's not them, that pirates are sailing the sea," he finished with annoyance.

"By the Seven," Elyse said, "this is going to get more complicated than I thought," murmuring so softly that I only managed to hear it thanks to my insects.

"Are you preparing for war?" Tyrion asked alarmed.

"We prepare for any eventuality, Lord Tyrion," I intervened softly. "We have the right to defend ourselves if the Ironborn continue with their nonsense."

"This won't please the Crown, Lord Robb," Tyrion said seriously.

"Hah, quite the opposite, Lord Tyrion. I believe our king would be pleased if we rid ourselves of the Ironborn," I said with a laugh.

"The king perhaps, but the Hand would not. Lord Arryn doesn't want disturbances like war and prefers to resolve conflicts without shedding blood," Elyse explained.

"Then I hope that when you return, you kindly ask in our stead for Lord Arryn to intervene. But in the meantime, we will defend our assets with all the might of the North," I said seriously. "The North is prospering for the first time in decades, and we won't let people with fish brains stand in our way."

Lady Elyse looked conflicted about the situation but remained silent for a moment.

"Thank you very much for answering our questions, Ser Rodrick," Tyrion finally said after sharing a look with Elyse.

Ser Rodrick didn't move an inch. Noticing that, I said, "You may leave, Ser Rodrick. I hope this group of recruits will be ready soon."

Ser Rodrick nodded. "I'll push them until they faint, Lord Robb," he said with a laugh.

"Don't push them too hard, Ser Rodrick," I chuckled. "We still have plenty of time."

"Understood, Lord Robb. I'll take my leave," with a final farewell, Ser Rodrick returned to the training ground.

"And now, milords?" I asked my companions.

"Now, I need a drink, Lord Robb. If you'll excuse me..." Tyrion said as he began to walk away.

"There's a bar at the entrance to Wintertown that I've heard is very good, Lord Tyrion. Look for Mickel at the entrance and tell him I sent you; he'll provide an escort to ensure you pass safely," I smiled.

"And you, milady?" I asked with a smile to the delicate lady.

"Why don't you show me the castle, Lord Robb? I'm very interested in its history," she said, covering her mouth with her dainty fingers.

"It would be my pleasure, my lady."

Chapter 24: Keep your enemies closer. New
"So, my lady. What do you think of what you've learned today?" I asked Lady Elyse as we walked through the halls of Winterfell.

"I believe the situation has become even more complicated, Lord Robb," she replied, keeping pace with me.

"Please, call me Robb, Lady Harroway," I said with a smile. "I think we'll spend some time here, so let's spare ourselves the formality."

"Understood, young Robb, and please, call me Elyse," She said, smiling back.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself, Lady Elyse?" I asked as I guided her to my small office.

"Well, there's not much to say, Robb. My father is Ser Harroway, a sworn knight under Lord Arryn. I grew up in the Vale with my family," she began.

"Do you have any siblings?" I inquired as I poured her a glass of wine.

"I had one," she said with a sad smile. "My brother Edric passed away in the Battle of Pyke during the last rebellion."

"I'm truly sorry for your loss, Lady Elyse. The Battle of Pyke claimed many valuable lives. I hope you find solace in the honor he showed on the battlefield," I said empathetically.

"It was a sorrowful and tough time for my family. He was a squire to a friend of my father's and unfortunately strayed too far and encountered Rodrik Greyjoy while attacking the towers. He was only sixteen, unable to do anything against that damned man," she said with a choked voice.

"The Greyjoys are a plague on our kingdom," I said, shaking my head. "That rebellion was probably the stupidest decision possible. They couldn't possibly win against the other realms, yet they dared to do so much harm."

"No one has ever accused the Greyjoys of being intelligent, Robb," Elyse said with a slight smile. "Isn't Balon Greyjoy's son, Theon if I recall, here at Winterfell?"

"Yes, Theon is usually here, but right now he is busy surveiling the construction for our new town. His demeanor is different having been raised with Stark values. I hope it won't be a problem if you were to meet him?" I asked.

"Do not worry, Robb. I won't blame a relative for the sins of another. It's practically a requirement in my line of work," she said with an honest smile.

"And tell me, how did you obtain your position in King's Landing? It seems like a very prestigious job for someone as young as you," I asked.

"Haha, you flatter me, Robb. Well, it's simple. My father, noticing my intelligence, simply introduced me to Lord Arryn, and he made this possible. I wouldn't be anyone without his support," Elyse said calmly.

"You hold Lord Arryn in high regard, don't you?" I asked as I settled more comfortably into my chair.

"Without a doubt, Robb. Lord Arryn is a role model, an honorable person who has maintained the realm's balance for many years," she said with admiration towards the old lord.

"My father tells me about when he was raised in the Vale alongside the king. The things Lord Arryn taught him have made him the person he is now," I said with a smile.

"And what can you tell me about life in Winterfell, Robb?"

"Well, thank the gods, my life has been quite peaceful thanks to this long summer," I said calmly. "My days consist of training, training, and more training. I'm not very interesting, to be honest."

"Your name has reached King's Landing, milord. And despite rumors being exaggerated, everyone knows there's at least a grain of truth in them," Lady Elyse giggled.

"Hmm, why don't we play a game, Lady Elyse?" I smiled cheekily.

"Oh, what game would you like to play, milord?" she asked with a quirk on her lips.

"In turns, each of us mentions a rumor we've heard, and the other responds with the truth. How does that sound?" I proposed as I poured her another glass.

"Hmm, alright. Let's play a bit," Lady Elyse agreed.

"Is it true that King's Landing stinks, Lady Elyse?" I asked with a laugh.

"Haha!" she chuckled. "Yes, Robb. I'm thinking of prolonging this investigation just to spend more time away from the capital." she ended up joking.

"I wouldn't blame you, Lady Elyse. The North has its advantages," I deadpanned.

"How true is the rumor about your exploits, Robb? Is it true what they say about your role in the bandit purge?" she asked as she began her third glass of wine.

"Starting strong, milady? I'm not sure what rumors you've heard. Why don't you tell me first, and I'll confirm if it's true?" I asked calmly.

These were things she could discover for herself while in the North, so I had no problem answering her honestly.

"The stories say that you were the one who proposed starting the purge and that you and your group were responsible for more than sixty groups brought to justice," she asked, starting to sound tipsy.

"Haha, how stories fly, my lady. I assure you, that number is exaggerated by singers and merchants," I laughed heartily.

"I thought as much, Robb. No offense, but I find it hard to believe that someone your age could catch more than sixty bandit groups in less than two years," Lady Elyse laughed. "If you don't mind my asking, how many groups were there really? Five? Or ten?"

"There were 42, Lady Elyse," I smiled. "Probably the bards thought that sisxty sounded better in their songs."

Lady Elyse stopped the glass halfway to her lips as she understood what I said. Her eyes widened in amazement.

"Really, Lord Robb? You and your group caught more than forty bandit groups?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"I have no reason to lie to you, Lady Elyse. You can ask any resident of the castle about it," I smiled kindly.

Gradually, the game between Lady Elyse and me continued for hours, until she became so intoxicated that her tongue began to let loose. The questions she asked were less serious since she was already drunk and stopped trying to get information about me. In the end, she asked me to call her only by her name.

Standing up happy to have made a friendship that could serve me a lot in the future without losing much, I offered her my arm to take her to rest in her room.

Upon opening the door of my office I came across a Tyrion Lannister equally drunk, who had had a good day at the bar. Ser Oakheart accompanied him with an annoyed look, clearly not wanting to be taking care of a drunk.

"Lord Robb!" Tyrion exclaimed upon seeing us. "Thanks for your recommendation. The people here really know how to drink haha" he continued, slurring his words.

Putting his arm on my back with some difficulty, Tyrion laughed as he walked with us. Ser Oakheart coughed in his fist to get attention. "Excuse the inconvenience, Lord Robb. It seems that Lord Tyrion got carried away at the tavern," he said as he separated Tyrion from me.

"Don't worry, Ser," I smiled. "The atmosphere in the northern taverns tends to be exciting, at least that's what I've heard."

"I think it would be best if we take Lord Tyrion and Lady Elyse to their rooms," noted Ser Oakheart. "I wouldn't want people to see them like this."

"Then follow me, Ser," I affirmed calmly. "I know passages that have few people along the way."

Walking towards their rooms and avoiding the rest of the servants was a bit complicated, but with the use of my power, I could tell when it was the right time to pass through each corridor. This moment gave me the opportunity that both leaders of the delegation owed me since it would be embarrassing for them to find themselves that way on their second day of the investigation.

Leaving them to rest in their rooms, Ser Oakheart ordered a couple of guards from the delegation to keep watch outside their rooms.

"I appreciate your help, Lord Robb," he said sincerely. "If there's any way I can repay you, please don't hesitate to tell me."

Taking a moment of silence to think, I took a deep breath before continuing.

"Did you train today, ser?" I innocently asked.

"No, Lord Robb. I had to accompany Lord Tyrion in case there were any problems and lost the whole day on that," the knight admitted.

"Then why don't you pay me with a few spars?" I said calmly. "Kingsguards are famous for being the best fighters in the Seven Kingdoms, and I can't deny I'm curious about how one fights."

"Are you sure, Lord Robb?" the knight asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's just training, ser. There won't be any trouble with my father. I doubt I can beat you, but I'll give it my best shot," I said seriously.

"Very well, Lord Robb," Ser Oakheart nodded slightly. "We can go to the yard right now if you wish."

"It would be a pleasure, Ser. I hope to exceed your expectations," I said as we walked to the training field.

Chapter 25: A spar and the birth of a legend. New
Walking towards the courtyard with the Kingsguard behind me, I prepared the insects that could assist me—ones transmitting vibrations, others injecting me with a small dose of adrenaline, others with endorphins, and one widening my blood vessels. Each was difficult to create, requiring over 100 times the biomass of a normal insect due to their complexity. Thankfully, I only needed to focus on making one or two pairs of each insect to allow them to reproduce independently.

I reserved these insects for extreme situations, as an instant surge of these hormones could cause problems. Thus, I also created an insect to remove the excess and leave me with a normal level of these hormones. The idea for these insects stemmed from my knowledge of the "fight or flight" response I had read about in my past life on the internet. Unfortunately, I couldn't recall other enhancements I could create to increase my effectiveness in combat, but for now, these were more than sufficient.

I intended to go all out against the knight to ensure he returned to the capital extolling my potential. Rumors would grow as more people heard them, possibly helping me avoid future problems. There were also negatives to standing out so much, but I was confident my power could prevent any assassination attempt—even from the Faceless Men of the House of Black and White.

My power was so unique that it made me practically omniscient within its area. The only special ability those assassins possessed was changing their faces; they weren't inherently stronger than a normal human. And I was sure I could poison or kill them with my swarm before they could harm me or anyone I cared about.

"Give me a minute to prepare, Ser Oakheart," I said calmly as I headed towards the armory.

Inside, I located where the practice swords were kept—identical to real swords but lacking edges. They had the same weight, balance, and blades as those used in actual battles. Calling for a squire to assist me in donning my customary armor—mainly lightweight but durable steel with additional forged steel plates alloyed with other metals for enhanced durability without excessive weight.

After changing, I exited the armory and noticed the practice yard, which was empty when I entered, was now filled with people—from my parents watching proudly from above to my siblings shouting my name showing their support. Approaching the knight who would train with me, I nodded respectfully.

"We'll use practice swords, Ser. I hope that's not an issue?" I asked.

"Of course not, Lord Robb. I prefer it... I'd hate to accidentally injure you," the knight said, shaking his head.

"Don't underestimate me, Ser. I may be young, but that doesn't mean I'm a poor fighter," I responded seriously.

"I'll keep that in mind, Lord Robb. Are you ready?" the knight asked, raising his sword.

"Give me a moment to focus," I replied.

Taking a deep breath, I summoned my insects to inject me. Meanwhile, my sensory insects positioned themselves on Ser Oakheart's body—on all major muscle groups, arms, and thighs. Opening my eyes, I immediately noticed the difference. The world around me slowed, and every sound seemed amplified. I could distinctly feel my heart beating with immense force as if it wanted to escape my chest.

It was always challenging to concentrate at this moment—every sensation heightened, almost to the point of causing a panic attack. Yet, with the practice gained over the years, I could somewhat control myself.

Locking eyes with the knight, he easily noticed the difference, his grip tightening on the sword's hilt.

"I'm ready, Ser," I said, drawing my sword.

With my insects correctly positioned, I moved toward my opponent. Raising my sword, I made a lateral cut towards the knight's shoulder. I knew my strength was low due to my age, but over these years, I'd focused on improving my agility in fights— as I was unable to overpower older opponents with sheer strength, I had to find other ways.

As my sword approached, the knight raised his sword to block my attack. Anticipating his sword's position through my powers, I made minimal movement to alter my attack's direction, which eventually connected with the knight's shoulder.

Ser Oakheart took a step back, surprise in his eyes. He raised his hand and touched his slightly dented pauldron.

"Looks like I need to pay attention, Lord Robb," the knight said seriously.

His entire demeanor changed in an instant, and I felt the hair on my neck stand on end. Ser Oakheart wasn't the best fighter in Westeros, but he had years of experience and had fought in two different wars.

Blow after blow echoed through the yard—metal against metal being the predominant sound. Thanks to my advantages over others in this world, I could move as if I already knew what each person would do at any moment—dodging from the moment their muscles tensed, it seemed like I danced around my opponent.

Circling Ser Oakheart, I continued to attack swiftly. The only way to strike him directly was to change my attack trajectory before he blocked or dodged them. Therefore, I focused on rapid strikes rather than putting all my strength behind them.

Gradually, I approached my goal—the knight found himself at a disadvantage for the first time, but my attacks never ceased until I managed to strike him with the blade of my sword on his helmet. The sound of the impact resonated around, and the knight fell to the ground more from surprise than from the force.

The rest of the onlookers went wild at this sight—the heir to Winterfell knocking out a Kingsguard, even if only for a moment, was astonishing. The other guests, excluding Lady Elyse and Tyrion, who were resting, were unable to contain their awe.

After a moment on the ground, Ser Oakheart stood up, looking me in the eyes with a new feeling—respect.

"Well done, young lord," Ser Oakheart said after a moment of silence, a slight smile evident on his face. "It seems the North has a promising warrior among its ranks."

Breathing heavily after giving my all in this fight, I bowed my head respectfully.

"Thank you, Ser Oakheart. I still have much to learn from you and many others."

The knight nodded, removing his dented helmet and taking a few steps towards me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Luck is one of the most important qualities in a knight. Even the greatest warrior in the world can lose to someone weaker who has luck on their side. But today, you've shown you have skill as well. Keep training with that same passion, and you'll be a great leader for your people."

The crowd erupted in applause, recognizing not only my ability but also the humility and acknowledgment shown by Ser Oakheart.

Returning to his original position, the knight said, "Now, raise your sword. Let's start again."

Later that night, settling into my bed after three more spars with the Kingsguard, which he won, and other recruits, I mentally prepared to crash out. I had used the enhancements for quite some time, so it would take a while before I could do it again.

Changing my hormones and receptors on the spot was dangerous and I couldn't do it continuously, but with the help of different animals and bandits, I was able to find out which amount was safe to inject, how much time I could use it and find the best way to detoxify myself.

Truthfully, I was pleased with how the day had gone. I had formed new friendships and connections with a multitude of people, increased the respect Winterfell's inhabitants had for me, and my legend would grow when the delegation returned to the capital.

Taking a deep breath to prepare myself, I positioned myself correctly in my bed and injected myself with the hormone neutralizer. My final thought was about the repercussions of my actions in the future, but I was prepared to face them.

Chapter 26: Parting Ways. New
Three weeks later.
Robb Stark.

"I want to thank you for being so accommodating with this investigation, my lords," Tyrion said as he addressed the rest of the people gathered in Ned Stark's solar.

Lady Elyse nodded, "You have been very helpful in our investigation, and we return to King's Landing pleased with the news we bring," she said with a smile.

"Before we retire to rest before our departure to the capital, I would like to discuss a few specific points," clarified Tyrion as he opened a journal where he had noted many of his findings during his time in Winterfell.

"Firstly, we understand that we cannot disrupt your production of various goods you are selling, but I want you to know that the Master of Coin can and likely will increase the taxes levied on the North," Tyrion said uncomfortably. "I don't believe I can influence his decision, as he is in charge of such matters and I merely provide him with the information we have gathered."

From that moment, I decided to eliminate Peter Baelish when I had the chance. It was a pity that even if I did it now, the tax hike would be implemented by whoever replaced him. The North's profits had been monumental, and anyone focusing on that would not doubt taking a part for the crown and/or themselves.

My father took a breath to calm himself before responding. "I am not happy about this. For the first time in decades, the North prospers, and now a portion of what should benefit our people will go to the crown just because? My people have worked hard to achieve the prosperity we have now. Punishing their success with more taxes would be unjust."

The maester also frowned, understanding why they would do so, but that didn't mean he could do anything to change it.

"I know, I know, Lord Stark. Believe me, if it were up to me, this wouldn't change, but Lord Baelish seeks any way to keep the realm afloat. From the Iron Throne's perspective, it's difficult to ignore the North's economic growth. It seems... unusual. Especially from a region known for its austerity," Lady Elyse intervened.

"The North's prosperity is not the concern of the Iron Throne," my father said after sighing. "We have remained loyal and fulfilled our obligations. Increasing taxes now will only sow resentment among my people."

Tyrion nodded slightly. "And yet, the South is uneasy, Lord Stark. The Tyrells, the Redwynes, and even the Martells have noticed a drop in their sales due to the North's self-sufficiency." Taking a deep breath, he continued, "This causes imbalance, and as you know well, Lord Stark, imbalances in the realm can lead to greater problems in the future."

My father crossed his arms with a furrowed brow. "And what solution do you propose, Lord Tyrion? Imposing more burdens on those who cannot bear them? This will only lead to ruin and discontent."

Lady Elyse interjected thoughtfully, "I am not so insensitive as to not understand that, Lord Stark. Perhaps there is a way to reach an agreement." After a minute of silence, gently tapping the table, she continued, "We could negotiate certain compromises. The North could resume some purchases of Southern products, enough to appease the Southern nobles without causing too much burden to the Northerners."

My father grunted, "And why should we spend our gold on things we do not need, my lady?"

"It's just an idea, Lord Stark. If you have a better one, please share it," Lady Elyse said.

My father and the maester exchanged a glance with me while Tyrion and Elyse talked among themselves, and honestly, it was hard for me to hide my smile at this turn of events. I subtly nodded to indicate he should accept.

My father took a deep breath and furrowed his brow, though I noticed it was acted. "I apologize for raising my voice, Lady Elyse. You are right, that could be a starting point. But I insist that any increase in demands from the South must be minimal and must not affect the quality of life of my people."

Tyrion smiled and nodded, "I promise you, Lord Stark. I will do everything in my power to ensure that. I do not want more conflicts, and I do not want the North to turn against the Iron Throne. I am here to negotiate peace, not to impose tyranny."

My father nodded. "Very well, Lord Tyrion. For the sake of the realm, I will find a way to cooperate. But remember, the loyalty of the North is not bought with coins or taxes but with justice and respect. Most Northern lords will be displeased with this decision, but I will ensure they do not cause trouble."

"Now I want to talk about my condition," my father continued. "The North will no longer tolerate the pirates raiding our coasts or our merchant ships. If the crown does not move to stop them, they will face Northern justice."

Lady Elyse interjected slowly, "The crown won't like that, my lord."

"It's not my problem, Lady Elyse. As the Guardian of the North, I have every right to defend my people. Therefore, when you return to the capital, do everything you can to stop them. Meanwhile, if they attack us, we will defend ourselves mercilessly; the protection of our shipments will increase, and we will kill any pirate who attacks us," my father said with a tone that brooked no doubt.

"We have a responsibility to our people, Lady Elyse. Just as Jon Arryn or Tywin Lannister would defend their lands if this happened to them, the North will defend itself and even preemptively strike if necessary," I spoke for the first time in this conversation.

"Yes, I understand, Robb. But it's not that simple... sigh, I promise to do everything in my power to convey your message," Lady Elyse said with a hint of regret.

Tyrion raised his wine cup, saying, "To justice and respect, then. May our negotiations bring peace and prosperity to all."

Next day.

The sun was just beginning to rise, and my family and I were bidding farewell to the Crown delegation. These three weeks had been complicated, but thank the gods, we managed to achieve our goals without losing more than we had planned.

The horses were already saddled, and the carriage loaded with scrolls containing the information they had gathered during their stay, of which I had already made copies and we would read slowly among my father, the maester, and Ser Rodrick after they departed.

"We have concluded our investigation and will head directly to the capital. We greatly appreciate the hospitality you have provided," Tyrion said respectfully.

My sisters and my mother made courtesy gestures; thanks to my intervention, Arya was a bit more controlled in this life, as she did not have to hide or reveal herself to do what she wanted, and Sansa was less stuck-up thanks to the change of the septa, so both had behaved properly during this time.

My father replied briefly, "We are glad to have been good hosts. I hope you have found what you were looking for and that this brings understanding and peace between our lands. We will not forget what was agreed upon, and I hope you will fulfill your promises."

"That will be the first thing we do upon arrival, Lord Stark. Trust us," Lady Elyse replied with a smile.

"My greatest responsibility is the welfare of my people. Anything we can do to maintain peace, we will do, as long as it does not negatively impact my population. As I said yesterday, I will speak with the rest of the lords; they won't be happy, but they won't cause trouble either," my father said firmly.

The delegation began to mount their horses and started to leave Winterfell. But the last to leave approached my family.

The Kingsguard knight rode towards me with a small smile. "I look forward to hearing more songs about you, Lord Robb. You have great potential and I am sure you will be one of the finest warriors of our lands. Be humble, and you will go far."

"Thank you for your lessons, Ser. I hope to make a mark on the Seven Kingdoms," I said seriously.

"I have no doubt you will, young Robb. I can't wait to tell Ser Barristan about the gem you are," he said with a hearty laugh.

"Have a safe journey, and take the opportunity to rest while you are in the North. I'm sure there are no more bandits here," I mentioned with a slight smile.

"And all thanks to you, right? Haha," the knight said as he departed with the rest of the caravan.

With one final farewell, the delegation departed, leaving Winterfell behind. As they withdrew, only Jon, my father, and I remained in the courtyard.

"You handled the delegation splendidly, Robb. I am very proud of you, as I am of you, Jon," my father said seriously. "It's not easy to deal with Southerners, especially people as intelligent as Tyrion and Lady Elyse."

"I knew it was important to show them that the North is not a threat to the realm, Father. But we must not appear weak either. For now, we just need to maintain our prosperity and continue strengthening our defenses in case the situation changes," I replied, while Jon nodded in agreement.

My father placed a hand on our shoulders. "And we will, my sons. The future of the North is in good hands with you both, but we must prepare for the future. If there's one thing I know about the South, it's that they don't always play fair."

"We will be ready, Father," Jon said seriously.

Kay, were halfway done. I'll Try to make time tomorrow to post a bunch of chapters to close the gap a little bit.

Kay, were halfway done. I'll Try to make time tomorrow to post a bunch of chapters to close the gap a little bit.
Well,Arryn would die on schedule,King would come,and Ned need two things then - get Gift back as payment,and do not let Sansa and Arya go.
Would be ideal,if they caught Jaime and Cersei copulating...maybe,if they copulate in damaged tower and spiders bite them,they could simply die then?

After that,it would be short war Everybody vs Lannisters,after their defeat Robb could just kill Baelish and Varys,and leave South affairs to somebody else.

I enjoyed reading thos latest update and I cannot WAIT to experience the next one, sk thank you for all your hard work, IF999.

Okay, now to some constructive critique.

These groups consist of various insects—bees, ants, spiders, etc.—approached, I watched Jon closely as he tried to compose himself.

Spiders are not insects, they're arachnids, just saying.

Westeros is too damn big (as big as South America) for a group of people to travel that fast from KL to Winterfell. You should probably change that to two months, just to be safe.

Arys Oakheart didn't join the Kingsguard until the Tourney of the Hand in Book one, so you might wanna replace him with another member of the kingsguard.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back