• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Game of Thrones: A Stark Shard.

Chapter lenght

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hey guys! give me a little bit of time, ill drop till chapter 42 in the next couple of hours so that we can be on the same chapter everywhere!
I read till 42 chapter here.He could win war easily,but what next? conqering Planetos is not as easy as you think,there are Others,Yellow Emperor,Drowned god ,whatever lurk in Stygoi and Kadath,not mention other possible eldrith horrors.

And even if he win,there is still Entity which could track him.

I wish him well,but would not bet any money on his victory.

Hmm, I'm reading through some of the earlier chapters and there's a lot of reiterating points (needs to rest, no stress, etc.). There are also a lot of direct statements about how all the characters are acting and feeling that seem unnecessarily repetitive. This makes me think that AI was used to help write this, as it's very similar to LLM responses I've seen in the past.

That said, the story is cohesive so far, the actions are generally in character, and the story has a fun concept. The (possible) use of artificial intelligence probably helps smooth out the rough edges, makes it a lot faster to write, and fills in a lot of small details that need effort to remember to add in. There is effort put into this and it isn't "written by AI", but the influence of it in the structure and overall voice breaks my suspension of disbelief too often for me to really be drawn in.

Chapter 48: The Journey Home (IV) New
The Isle of Faces

Eddard Stark

Watching Robb follow the mysterious Green Men from the myths was daunting, but I hoped he knew what he was doing.

These past few months have been harrowing, and it all started with my late friend Robert visiting Winterfell. To be honest, I regretted following him to King's Landing.

Thankfully, I had a wonderful heir who took care of everything, and I didn't regret my decision to make him Lord Stark.

I wasn't taught how to lead the North; I was only a second son, destined to own a small keep and assist Brandon during his reign. But then the rebellion happened. Brandon and my father were brutally killed by the Mad King, and I had to step up for the North.

It's been so many years since then, and I couldn't deny that I made many mistakes. The worst part? We started the rebellion because of a lie.

Lyanna… I was resentful of her in the past for not going through with the marriage to Robert, but… I couldn't fault her anymore. I was blinded by my friendship with him and didn't consider how he would have treated her once they were married.

Would he have allowed her to follow her dreams? That's a question that kept me up many nights, and I'm not sure I would like the answer. Maybe he would have allowed her at first, but when lords began whispering about her, perhaps Robert would have acted differently.

Not to mention what Tywin might have done to her. I wouldn't put it past the old lion to kill her just to secure his blood on the throne.

It was a mess, and now another war, probably bigger than the last, has started because of me. I tried to do the right thing, just as the late Lord Arryn taught me, and look at the result.

Another mistake to add to that list… I was struggling to move forward, but I would endure it for the sake of our family and our lands.

Catelyn was waiting for me in Winterfell, and according to Robb, he and Jon would handle everything in the South while I attended to our ancestral home.

I had no intention of taking back the role of Warden of the North. I had seen with my own eyes how the North prospered with Robb in charge. I trusted him to do what was necessary for the betterment of the realm.

I didn't know his plans, as we hadn't talked much during our travels, trying to keep the conversation calm to reassure the rest of our group that everything was alright. But it was hard; I had woken up countless nights with nightmares of what I had started.

Shaking my head to rid myself of these thoughts, I addressed the group.

"Jory, take some guards and form a perimeter for the camp. We don't have Robb protecting us right now, so it's up to us to stay safe," I told Jory, impressed by how capable he had become while following Robb. It was another sign that Robb was the best choice going forward.

"Understood, Lord Stark," he saluted and took five more guards to scout our surroundings.

"The rest of you, find some wood to make a campfire. We still have some meat that Robb hunted. We don't know how long he will take, so the best thing to do is to be well-rested and fed when he returns," I said loudly so that everyone could hear me.

Everyone started working, and even Lady Elyse tried to make herself useful, given our circumstances.

Robb's decision to offer her a role was something I could approve of, as most northern lords were blunt and confrontational with outsiders. Having someone with experience could be very helpful going forward.

When everything was ready, we started cooking the game we had available, resting while one or two guards walked around the perimeter. It reminded me of the rebellion, but I suppressed the memory. I hoped Robb was as good a commander as I was, and with his power, he could end the war faster than Robert and I did.

Waiting for over an hour, I tried not to dwell too much on our problems, praying to the Old Gods that my son would return safely.

Robb Stark*

Returning to my group was easy thanks to Elyndra, who stayed by my side. Observing them from a distance using my power (it seemed to work when I woke up, and I inferred my new tattoo was a link with the Old Gods that concealed my connection to Scion), I sighed in relief seeing them prepared.

"I'm back," I said softly as I approached them.

"Are you okay?" my father asked, and I could see the rest examining me closely, their concern evident.

"Everything is fine, Father," I said with a chuckle. "Aside from some changes, I don't feel any different."

"Changes?" Jory asked.

"Indeed," I said while lifting my shirt, causing everyone to gasp as they saw my mark.

"What happened to you, Robb?" Father asked with concern.

"He is the champion of the Old Gods," Elyndra exclaimed before I could answer, and I just rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly.

"A lot happened while I was away," I explained with an awkward smile. "I'll tell you during our journey. For now, we'll wait for our new members before we depart."

"New members?" Lance, one of the guards who went with Ned to King's Landing, asked. I noticed he was looking at me differently, almost reverently.

"Some of the Green Men will follow us to the North," I nodded. "One of the perks of being marked by the Old Gods, I imagine."

He quickly knelt, but I stopped him before he could continue.

"Get up, Lance. I'm still the same Robb you saw playing in the courtyard with training swords," I shook my head. "If you truly feel the need, save it for when we are safe."

"Understood, Lord Stark," he nodded and stood up. The rest of the Green Men arrived shortly after.

"We are ready, Champion," Sylvyrn said. I looked at them happily, pleased to have new allies for the war.

They were concealing their identities, which was helpful.

"We'll need to make several trips to get everyone to the village," Father said, surveying the size of our new group.

"Do not worry about us, Eddard Stark," Sylvyrn said, closing his eyes.

My father looked at him in confusion but chose to ignore it. I gasped as I saw movement near the water through my insects.

A colossal river serpent approached us, its size greater than forty meters by my estimate.

The rest of the Green Men began moving toward the serpent, while my group stood slack-jawed at the sight.

"Let's start moving," I shook my head, trying to ignore the impressive display of power.

After a few seconds of tense silence, everyone began to prepare for our journey back home.

Seagard

Finally arriving at the last stop before heading directly to the North, I smiled at Lord Mallister from a distance.

"Lord Mallister," I nodded in greeting. "How have you been since I left?"

"Busy," he grunted, shaking my hand. "The help from the North is appreciated."

"It's the least I could do since it was my fault you lost your maester," I told him, shaking my head. "Have they settled since arriving here?"

"They have, Lord Stark. The smallfolk love them. They are more down-to-earth than the maester," he chuckled. "You left a mess in King's Landing."

"Aye, I needed to take my father from their grasp," I nodded seriously. "What have you heard? I'm afraid we haven't received much news since we were on the run."

"It's a mess, Lord Stark," he nodded, leading us inside. "The Mountain is heading north, and the Lannister army has started moving to the Riverlands."

"Did they enter?" I asked with concern.

"Aye, they did. But not without losses," he smirked. "The Blackfish returned a few weeks before you left and took control of the army."

"Good, that's good," I sighed. "I was worried he wouldn't believe me."

"Did you clue him in?" Lord Mallister asked.

"Aye, after leaving Seagard, I sought him out at the Bloody Gate," I nodded.

"Good job, Lord Stark," he said. "He did a damn good job. He couldn't stop them from entering the Riverlands since he didn't have much time to prepare, but he made them pay dearly. I think he'll be rewarded handsomely."

"Ha!" I laughed. "Serves them right. What about the rest?"

"Renly Baratheon is working with the Tyrells for the Crown, and Stannis is still rallying his troops. I'm afraid everything will go to hell in the following weeks. The Ironborn stopped raiding a while ago, so they must be preparing something."

"Hmm, everything is going as I expected," I nodded. "Now, I need to ask for some ravens. When we start marching south, you'll have our support against our enemies."

"Go ahead, Lord Robb. The rest of your companions can rest while you work," Lord Mallister nodded.

"Go on, Father. Take some much-needed rest. Everyone here is trustworthy. We'll leave tomorrow," I told him seriously, considering their mental well-being.

If you want to support me or read up to Five chapters ahead, you can find me on patr*e on . co m (slash) Infinityreads99

Hmm, I'm reading through some of the earlier chapters and there's a lot of reiterating points (needs to rest, no stress, etc.). There are also a lot of direct statements about how all the characters are acting and feeling that seem unnecessarily repetitive. This makes me think that AI was used to help write this, as it's very similar to LLM responses I've seen in the past.

That said, the story is cohesive so far, the actions are generally in character, and the story has a fun concept. The (possible) use of artificial intelligence probably helps smooth out the rough edges, makes it a lot faster to write, and fills in a lot of small details that need effort to remember to add in. There is effort put into this and it isn't "written by AI", but the influence of it in the structure and overall voice breaks my suspension of disbelief too often for me to really be drawn in.

Hey! Yeah, my bad. English is not my first language, so I write it in my mother tongue, then use AI to translate it, and finally finish with Grammarly. I always use it only for translations, but I'm pretty sure some words may change. In the first chapters, there is probably more since I used to ask it to "beta" the chapter for me, and it changed a lot of the text. Nowadays, as I said, I only use it for translation and punctuation.
Also, I've seen how people react to fanfics with grammatical errors and other issues, so I opted to do this because I wanted to make it at least readable.
With practice, I'll hopefully be able to do it all on my own. At least, that's my goal!

Last edited:
I read till 42 chapter here.He could win war easily,but what next? conqering Planetos is not as easy as you think,there are Others,Yellow Emperor,Drowned god ,whatever lurk in Stygoi and Kadath,not mention other possible eldrith horrors.

And even if he win,there is still Entity which could track him.

I wish him well,but would not bet any money on his victory.
Hmm, my plan is shallow for now, but the main point is that as long as the Old Gods get stronger thanks to Robb's actions, he will receive extra boons for his journey. I plan to add mystical elements in the future, but the gods won't participate in person. They can only act through proxies.

Reactions: ATP
Hmm, my plan is shallow for now, but the main point is that as long as the Old Gods get stronger thanks to Robb's actions, he will receive extra boons for his journey. I plan to add mystical elements in the future, but the gods won't participate in person. They can only act through proxies.
Good,he need more dakka to deal with drowned god,others,yellow Emperor and whatever lurk at Kadath and Stygoi.
Becouse insects alone would be not enough.

But Westeros? he arleady win,you do not even need to write about battles,but go to victory feast.

Chapter 49: The Journey Home (End) New
Author's Note: Hey guys, this is the last chapter of this arc. Next chapter, we go back to King's Landing and the rest of the kingdoms to show their reactions and plans. I still don't know if I'll do one large chapter (because I need to cover a lot — the Lannisters, both Baratheons, Tyrion, and maybe even Daenerys) or if I'll do multiple chapters, with each one focusing on a single faction. That's everything for now. Hope you all enjoy this!

Hey guys, I created a Discord server because I wanted to do a poll for the readers who truly like my fic. I hope you can join so that you can participate in the poll. The main question is whether I should write longer chapters but update fewer times a week, or if I should keep the 5 chapters a week at 1.5k+ words each. I hope you can join and answer the poll. I'll post it tomorrow to give people time to join from multiple platforms. Either way, here's the link: https://discord.gg/85WTCT5G

Moat Cailin

Robb Stark

I could feel myself relaxing as I saw Moat Cailin in the distance, and I could sense the rest of my group feeling the same, though that didn't include the green men. They were odd, and from what I learned over the past few weeks, they were enhanced by their rituals and had access to magic.

The problem was, that most of their magic and rituals required sacrifices. I had been right — the Old Gods weren't like the normal gods I knew from my past life. They were somewhat eldritch, nothing at all like humans.

Still, as long as I gained something from it, I would follow the pact. They didn't ask for much, and I had already benefited greatly from their actions of hiding me from the Scion's gaze, anything more was a bonus. According to Sylvyrn, that wasn't the only thing I'd gain, since I was their direct link to Planetos. The Old Gods would obviously grant me more boons. I just didn't know what they were yet, aside from my skinchanger abilities resurfacing.

I knew from the series that all Stark children were skinchangers, or at least wargs, but since I woke up in this body, I hadn't been able to enter the mind of any animal. Maybe the shard took that, or perhaps I just didn't understand it yet.

But that was in the past. In recent weeks, I'd been having dreams of inhabiting different animals, and I hoped this would work well with Shadow, who should be waiting for me at the moat if Theon followed all of my instructions.

We were still a few miles away from the moat, so I couldn't see everything until we got closer.

Speaking of relaxing, my thoughts drifted to my father. I'd been concerned for his mental health during our travels. I'd seen him wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat and haunted by nightmares, acting somewhat skittish. It was hard to watch him devolve into such a mess, and I couldn't find the right words to comfort him beyond the usual, "It's not your fault" or "This would have happened regardless of what you did."

Thankfully, when we entered the North through the Neck, I could feel him relaxing a bit, and I hoped, from the bottom of my heart, that he would improve with the support Mother, Sansa, and Arya could give him once we reached Winterfell.

It had been so long since I'd seen my sisters, and it was a shame it would be even longer. I needed to stay here to lead the fight against our enemies, and I missed my family. The only thing keeping me going was the knowledge that by doing this, I would make them happier than their canon selves, sparing them the suffering and misery they'd endure otherwise.

As we approached the Moat, I decided to make a grand entrance for our troops. Since the guards would talk and the presence of the green men signaled that the Old Gods were on our side, I needed to put on a show of force to ingrain this into the minds of our soldiers.

For that, I used my insects. Something harmless in small quantities became far more menacing when I ordered the millions of insects under my control to act in unison.

I directed them to buzz as one. The sound, generated by over a hundred million insects, was almost unbearable. It was a warning to the soldiers at Moat Cailin to be on high alert.

I smiled in satisfaction as I watched them panic, yet they didn't lose discipline. Every soldier and commander present moved in unison, working together to mount a defense against the supposed enemies. Soldiers helped each other into their armor, ranging from full plate to hides or chitin.

As we approached slowly, my father and I led the way, with the rest following, Lady Elyse in the center of the group. Over the journey from King's Landing to Moat Cailin, I'd gradually introduced my group to my insects. There was no need to hide anymore, and the more connected I seemed to the Old Gods, the better for the pact.

Their reactions hadn't filled me with confidence, and I feared this would become the norm.

The guards, born and raised in the North and followers of the Old Gods, reacted with zeal. The presence of the green men, whom they'd only heard about in legend, didn't help. They looked at me as if I were the chosen one — and I guess I was, as the champion of the Old Gods. Still, it felt strange to see guards who had watched me grow up now looking at me with reverence, hoping I would lead them to greatness.

The guards loved the North, as did anyone born and raised here. They longed to see it flourish, and they didn't mind risking their lives to be remembered as heroes who fought for what we have. It was moving, but deep down, it scared me.

If every Northerner acted like this, they would place all their hopes and dreams on my shoulders. In my past life, I had been a regular college student, and now I had everything. It felt overwhelming, but it only fueled my desire to succeed.

I would fight, bleed, and cry for the North. Over these years, I'd come to love its people, its lands — everything that made the North ours. It was hard to put into words, but I would do whatever it took to see it prosper.

On the other hand, Elyse tried to keep a calm face after I revealed my powers, but her earlier reaction still made me laugh. I couldn't forget her girlish scream when she first saw so many insects. What scared me was how quickly she adapted, immediately starting to think of ways to use them politically. She revealed herself as a shrewd politician, almost drooling over the potential for blackmail my powers afforded.

She was eager to start working in Winterfell, even if the early months of the war would keep her busy. Maybe she could start teaching her ways to Sansa, who had shown interest in politics the last time I saw her.

Shaking my head to focus on the present, I observed the army. They were prepared for anything, and I nodded in approval. I sent an insect with a pre-written message to Lord Glover, who was still in charge of the moat.

As we waited for it to arrive, we approached the renewed entrance. Everyone capable stood ready, eyeing my group with caution. No one lowered the gates until a commander gave the order.

After a minute, I heard movement, and with the help of my insects, I saw Lord Glover running, giving orders as he approached the entrance.

"Lower the gates!" he shouted. "Lord Stark is back!"

The gates were lowered quickly, and we entered Moat Cailin.

My group marveled at the fortress. It wasn't fully restored yet, but they had made significant progress since I last visited. Over thirty thousand soldiers were present in and around the moat, waiting for us, and I smiled, knowing this wasn't even our full army. Some lords must have encountered delays, and Jon wasn't here yet, which meant he was still on his way.

Everyone was watching us. My group removed their cloaks and gasps filled the air. Most were happy that my father was safe and sound, back in the North. Others (most of them) stared in awe at the infamous green men accompanying us. Their inhuman features left no doubt as to their identities.

"It's a pleasure to see you safe," Lord Glover said as he approached, but before we could respond, a large shadow rushed toward me.

I turned just in time to see my beloved direwolf, Shadow, charging. He didn't slow down, and in a flash, he knocked me to the ground. The last thing I saw before falling was a haggard-looking Theon trying to keep up.

As I fussed over Shadow, my father took command of the conversation.

"It's all thanks to Robb," he said, nodding. "He got me out of the Black Cells after killing many guards himself," he added with a weak chuckle.

"Aye, word of it has reached the North," Lord Glover said, grasping my father's hand in a firm handshake. "It's said the Lannisters are mighty pissed."

"Serves the bastards right," Helman Tallhart exclaimed, and the soldiers around him cheered.

"How do we proceed?" Maege Mormont asked, her eyes on my father.

"I'm not the one you should be asking that, Maege," he replied, shaking his head. "Robb, stop playing," he berated me lightly.

With a laugh, I pushed Shadow off and stood, doing my best to look dignified despite the drool on my shirt and face.

"Father will return to Winterfell," I said firmly. "There, he'll handle everything related to securing the North. He'll take half the army to secure our borders — all of them." I looked him straight in the eyes. "Anyone foolish enough to attack us will face the harshest punishment. Those who surrender will be sent to the Wall. They'll need at least human shields."

Father nodded, placing a hand on his chest, doing his best to show he was obedient to me.

"And the rest, Lord Stark?" asked Lord Glover.

"When the rest of the army arrives and explains why it took them so long, I'll take a small group to secure the Twins. The same will happen there: those who surrender, and the women and children, will be taken care of. Those who fight will die or be sent to the Wall," I continued. "After the Twins are under our control, the rest of the army will follow. We'll unite with Lord Mallister of Seagard and help him protect his lands if the Ironborn starts acting foolish."

Theon tried to interfere, but I silenced him with a look. I would need to talk to him soon, but I preferred to do so in private.

"When our army reaches the Riverlands, we will help them destroy the Lannisters," I said, shaking my head.

"Why should we fight for them? Why not just cross the border and declare independence?" asked Lord Flint of Widow's Watch, his brows furrowed.

"Things aren't as simple as they seem," I said, sighing, as I began to take off my shirt.

Everyone gasped, and I allowed myself a small smile. But before I could continue, Elyndra made herself known.

"Lord Stark is the champion of the Old Gods. That's why we are following him," she said firmly. "The Old Gods have given him a task — the protection of the living."

"What is the meaning of this?" asked Lord Glover, his voice edged with confusion.

"The Long Night is coming," I said with a sigh. "Before I left to secure some alliances in the south and protect my father, I sent Jon and Benjen to the Wall to learn more about it."

"Is it true?" asked Lord Flint, looking conflicted.

"Aye, it's true," I replied. "Jon will bring news, and if we're lucky, proof. That's why we won't move until he returns."

The lords nodded, though I could see they were nervous. I couldn't blame them — if this was true, and I knew it was, it would change everything.

"For now, rest," I said firmly. "We'll continue when we have more information from the Wall. I want the army ready to win a war."

If you want to support me or read up to Five chapters ahead, you can find me on patr*e on . co m (slash) Infinityreads99

Good,but not enough.Skinchanging and insetcs could be good for Others,but he must take entire planet - and Drowned god,Yellow Emperor,and whatever lurk in Stygoi,Kadath and Sothorys need more dakka to deal with.
So,he need bonus useful in killing eldrith abominations.

Hey guys, made a poll. It would really help me if you could answer since it will affect my update schedule. Thanks in advance!

Chapter 50: Moves and Reactions. New
Note: It appears that the 5k chapter option is winning in other sites, so yeah, if nothing changes, i'll write those in the future. Chapter 57+ will be 5k words

King's Landing.

Varys (Some hours after the escape)

"What do you mean he escaped?" the Queen asked in a shrill tone to the poor Janos Slynt, who was kneeling and shivering in fear at the bottom of the throne room.

"I don't know what happened, my queen," the leader of the gold cloaks defended himself, and, to be honest, I couldn't fault him for it. It was literally my job to find out about these things, and I was just as clueless as he was. I hadn't heard anything from my little birds positioned in that part of the Keep, and I feared the worst. They were usually quick to give me information about events as important as this one.

The disappearance of the late Hand was what everyone had been talking about for the past hour, and I feared silencing the news would be nigh impossible. The massacre that took place in the black cells during his escape was astounding—not just because nearly every guard stationed there was dead, but because it had been done mostly without anyone noticing.

Shivering at the thought of someone managing that right under our noses, I tried to calm myself and think logically. No one knew how he had done it, but during his escape, more than forty guards lay dead in the Keep. It was unthinkable. The worst part was that we hadn't yet counted all our losses; we needed to focus on the crucial pawn we lost because of this.

I was completely sure he had outside help. I considered myself good at reading people, and I knew for a fact that Eddard Stark wasn't capable of this. Either he was the best actor in the Seven Kingdoms, or someone was protecting him from the shadows.

This incident reminded me more than ever of the importance of information, for this had caught me completely off guard. The void that the North had become in the past few years was now biting us in the back. I was sure poor Baelish was shivering in his boots for his actions. He had promised to help the poor Hand against the Lannisters, but he cut his losses and changed allegiances on the fly. A shame, since it now appeared that the North was stronger than we'd thought.

That was a scary thought. Over the past few years, the North had trained so many soldiers, and a sliver of doubt crept into my mind. Could it be that they somehow knew about the Lannister bastards? Or was it simply a coincidence that they amassed such strength just as the war was starting?

I didn't know what to think for now, but I needed to focus on the present. One of the more interesting facts I learned in this short time was that Maester Pycelle asserted most of the guards had died from poison. Yet, apart from one, only a single guard had been injured. No single poison had been used, and many had died from different symptoms. It was strange.

It was confusing, and my only hypothesis was something I didn't want to say out loud. I didn't want to talk about magic, as that would likely lead to scoffing and the loss of credibility. There wasn't much to gain by bringing it up anyway, especially since I needed the Lannisters gone for the plan we'd concocted with Illyrio to move forward. Young Griff was growing up nicely, already backed by the Golden Company.

I wasn't entirely sure placing him on the throne would be best for the smallfolk, but it was hard to imagine him being worse than the last few kings. Jon Connington had done a wonderful job raising him, and I hoped the North having Eddard Stark back would just be a hiccup in our plans.

The new king had the mannerisms of the late Robert Baratheon with the madness of Aerys Targaryen. I couldn't believe how someone so young could be so twisted, but war was the only way forward. The Seven Kingdoms needed to be weakened to facilitate Young Griff's rise to power.

If that didn't work, I still had young Daenerys in the background. From what I had heard, she was in Vaes Dothrak at this moment, and I truly felt for her—so young and going through so many hardships. She had just lost her husband and son, and her group was divided, but I hoped Jorah Mormont could protect her during her travels.

Shaking my head to focus on the present, I paid attention to what was happening beneath the throne, trying hard not to roll my eyes at the almost rabid queen of the Seven Kingdoms, with her son acting much the same way. This was a problem. When Tywin Lannister called for his son Jaime to help him command part of the army, there would be no one left to curb the worst parts of the Dowager Queen's and the new king's behavior.

I gave it a few days until the news would leak, either by Littlefinger's hand or mine, and the problems for this new dynasty would begin. There was a need for caution in how we acted, but I was sure both of them would ignore our counsel.

Cersei Lannister was vain, and she thought she knew better than everyone else. I still wasn't sure how she would respond to this escape, but I knew it would only aggravate things. And the less said of the new king, the better.

"If you don't find him, I'll have your head, Janos!" exclaimed the newly crowned king with a sneer. I tried not to scoff. Wherever Eddard Stark was, it would be impossible to find him. He and his group had escaped hours ago, and they would be stupid if they hadn't run as fast as they could.

"Leave, and don't return until you have Eddard Stark back," commanded Cersei. "He is a piece we cannot lose to prevent the North from rebelling."

"Indeed, we need to find him as quickly as possible," interjected Petyr Baelish. "It is in our best interest if he cannot return North to rally his army. Even after the new taxes, the North has continued to grow in strength, and I'm afraid they will have a lot of support if they know how to act."

I tried not to smirk, mostly to avoid the king's wrath, but it was hard when I could see the beads of sweat running down Petyr's face.

"What do we know about the reinforced door?" asked Ser Jaime with a grim tone.

Ah… the "crumbled door," as the servants who saw it had called it. "I'm afraid what you're thinking is correct, Ser Jaime," I said, speaking for the first time during the meeting.

He looked at me in alarm and sighed despondently. "Was it wildfire?"

"Indeed it was, and I'm afraid to say it's more potent and easier to control than what the Mad King had," I continued with a sigh, wondering who the madman was who thought it was a good idea to use wildfire inside the castle. The astonishing part was that it had only burned through the door and nothing else. It was targeted, showing it was of a better quality than what the Mad King had used.

"These are bad tidings… I hate to ask this, but it is necessary," said Ser Barristan with a frown.

I looked at him, wondering when he was going to leave. I could see the small signs that he was thinking about it, but I wondered who he would join. I should steer him toward Daenerys, as I was sure she would need all the help she could get.

"What do you mean, Ser Barristan?" I asked, trying to finish the meeting soon so I could find out what had happened to my spies.

"If he is an enemy of the crown, why didn't they burn the Red Keep entirely?" he asked grimly, and I could see the effect his words had on the rest of the council. Ser Jaime, Baelish, and Cersei all paled rapidly.

"I'm afraid I don't have an answer to that question, Ser Barristan," I dipped my head, and I truly didn't.

"Maybe his honor stopped him?" Baelish asked, his nervous tic making me want to laugh at his face.

"It's his honor that got him into this mess," I said, shaking my head and pouring salt into the wound. "I'm afraid he will learn from his mistakes in the war to come."

The Queen stood up and paced around for a moment, gathering her thoughts. "What have your birds told you, Lord Varys?" she asked, and I frowned.

"Nothing, I'm afraid," I said, dipping my head low. "It is most unusual; they are usually quick to inform me about events such as this, and I had people positioned near the cells."

"Useless, all of you!" the King raged, and I could see the tension in the eyes of most of those present.

The Queen also saw it and decided to cut her losses. "Find out, Varys. We'll have another meeting when we have more information," she said, holding her head high.

"Yes, my Queen," I said, before leaving the council meeting to investigate personally.

Three weeks later.

"What news do you have for us, Lord Varys?" the queen inquired, her voice steady but her face betraying subtle signs of strain. Her usually flawless appearance was marred by faint stress lines and hastily concealed dark circles beneath her eyes.

"Bad news all around, my queen," I replied, suppressing a grimace. The impending war would ravage the realm, and the thought of the smallfolk suffering for the whims of the powerful weighed heavily on me.

"Get over it, eunuch," the king sneered, his arrogance clear to see. I masked my irritation with a simpering smile and bowed my head slightly, answering in my usual servile tone.

"Of course, my king." I offered a light chuckle, dipping my head lower in mock deference. "We now have the total count of casualties from the late Hand's escape. Sixty-eight guards perished in the line of duty." My voice adopted a somber tone, though my sympathy was not entirely genuine.

"Anyone of note?" the queen asked coolly. I shook my head, raising an eyebrow at her detached response.

"Not a significant loss then," she said dismissively, oblivious to the fact that her callousness was the final straw for Ser Barristan Selmy.

As the legendary knight rose from his seat and began unfastening his white cloak, I recalled our last conversation. I had ensured he would have assistance in fleeing to Daenerys across the Narrow Sea. Everything was in place for his departure.

"What do you think you're doing, Ser Barristan?" the queen's voice was calm, though a touch of forced authority crept in as he approached her and the king. The guards around us tensed, their hands inching toward their weapons, but I could see the uncertainty in their eyes.

"I'm done with this farce. I'm leaving," he declared, his tone firm and resolute.

"Why would we allow you to leave?" Joffrey spat, his voice dripping with disdain.

"There isn't a single person here who could stop me before I gutted you like a pig, boy," Ser Barristan said evenly, his words laced with cold truth, and the tension in the room surged.

"Leave, and never return!" the king screamed, his false bravado failing to mask the fear in his voice.

Ser Barristan offered a curt nod and strode toward the exit, never faltering. I gave him a subtle nod, reassuring him that everything had been arranged for his journey. His path to Astapor was clear, though he would have to manage the rest on his own.

"That was... tense," Lord Baelish said with a sly smile, breaking the silence. "Shall we continue? There's still much to discuss."

The queen nodded at him before turning back to me. "What about the rest of the kingdoms?"

I sighed deeply, not needing to feign my weariness. "I'm afraid war is inevitable."

"Oh?" Grand Maester Pycelle asked, leaning forward. "What have you heard, Lord Varys?"

"I'll start from the top of the realm," I replied, taking a sip of wine to prepare myself. "Dorne remains silent. We have no reports of any movements from them."

"Doran Martell is a snake without fangs," the queen sneered. "What of the Reach?"

"That's where our troubles begin, my queen," I shook my head. "I'm afraid Lord Renly has crowned himself King of Westeros, and he holds the support of much of the Reach and parts of the Crownlands."

"Treason!" Joffrey shouted with spittle flying from his mouth. "I am the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and I'll have his head on a spike for this!"

"My son is correct," Cersei said, placing a hand on Joffrey's thigh in an attempt to calm him. "Renly will pay for his insolence. What do we know of his forces?"

"A hundred thousand strong," I said gravely. "Lord Renly commands the largest army in this conflict."

A heavy silence fell over the room as everyone absorbed the gravity of that number.

"And they have ample supplies, courtesy of the Reach's fertile lands," I added, noting the growing despair on several faces, while others already schemed in silence.

"And the Westerlands?" Cersei asked, attempting to regain control of her composure.

"Lord Tywin has entered the Riverlands, but not without cost," I replied, carefully concealing my true emotions.

"Has something happened?" Pycelle interjected, perplexed. "Lord Tywin is a brilliant strategist. How could he struggle against the unprepared Riverlands?"

"That's the problem," I explained. "It seems they had forewarning. Ser Brynden Tully, the Blackfish, left his post in the Bloody Gate and awaited them with a hastily assembled force. Though the Lannisters prevailed, it came at a great cost."

"I trust my grandfather will emerge victorious," Joffrey sneered. "What about the rest?"

"The Stormlands are divided," Lord Baelish chimed in, "and Lord Stannis has also staked a claim to the Iron Throne. The Riverlands remain on the defensive, and there has been no news from the Vale, my queen."

"Don't you have a close relationship with Lysa Arryn?" I asked, steering the conversation toward him.

"Indeed I do," he replied with a self-satisfied smile. "I could go to the Vale and secure her alliance."

I couldn't allow that. "I'm afraid your presence is too important here in King's Landing, Lord Baelish. The crown's finances require careful management in these difficult times."

"Lord Varys is right," the queen agreed, and I felt a wave of relief. I had thwarted Baelish's plan, though I knew I wouldn't be able to keep him contained for long.

"As you say," Baelish bowed and resumed his seat. "What of the North?"

"That, my lords, is my greatest concern," I said, turning to the room at large. "I have no spies in the North, and I've heard nothing of the late Hand or the forces the new Lord Stark has."

"Do you think he's reached the North by now?" Pycelle asked.

"No, I don't believe so, but they must be close," I answered grimly. "We know nothing of their numbers, their supplies, or their intentions."

"Assume they join the war," Pycelle mused, "either for themselves or to back Lord Stannis. How would that affect our situation?"

"It would change everything," I replied, my tone darkening. "The North would ally with the Riverlands, and together they would pose a significant threat to Lord Tywin's forces. Lord Stark, being half-Tully, would have every reason to support his kin."

"And they are also connected to the Vale through Lady Arryn," Baelish added. "Though the relationship between Catelyn and Lysa is strained, there's still a chance they could align."

"You make valid points," the queen acknowledged. "We will send a message to the Vale, ordering them to bend the knee."

"I doubt that will be enough," Baelish said smoothly. "A familiar face would be more persuasive. Allow me to go, and I'll bring the Vale to our side."

Thankfully, the queen shook her head. "Lord Varys is right. The war will strain the capital's economy, and we need you here, Lord Baelish."

"What about the Imp?" she asked, her gaze sweeping the room.

"We've had no word of Lord Tyrion," I replied, shaking my head. "It's as though he's disappeared."

"Maybe he's dead in a ditch somewhere, and we can't find his body because it's too small," Joffrey laughed.

"What do you think, Lord Varys?" the queen asked, her tone curious.

"That's certainly a possibility," I said thoughtfully, masking my concern. If Tyrion were to turn against the crown, it would spell disaster. Unlike the Lannisters, I did not underestimate his cunning. He could be a formidable adversary.

With nothing more to discuss we started leaving the chambers, and I wondered how the war would continue. Some things weren't going according to plan, but I was sure we could prevail. I had several backup plans in case some of them failed, and I would do anything in my power to see the smallfolk thrive.

Discord link: discord .gg/ 85WTCT5G

Thank you for the chappy!

Seems things are about to blow up.
Wonder if Barristan and Tyrion run into each other on their way to Danny.
Best would be if all the armies head for the wall instead of killing each other, though doubt that would happen even with showing everyone the wight.

Reactions: ATP
Chapter 51: The Drums of War New
Author's Note:
Sup guys, so... the 5k chapters won by a landslide on every platform I posted, so that's how it will be going forward. As you may know, I'm 5 chapters ahead on Patre*n, so I'll start posting the longer chapters there first. But yeah, next week we'll probably have those chapters on QQ. Enjoy!

Moat Cailin

Robb Stark

"Do you know why I called you here, Theon?" I asked the ward of my family—someone I could call a friend, though, at this moment, I needed to convey the seriousness of the situation.

"Because of my almost-outburst when you arrived," he said, head bowed.

"Aye. Did you understand why I silenced you, Theon?" I continued, wondering how I should nip his ambitions in the bud.

He didn't answer, but I was determined to have this conversation now.

"If the Iron Islands attack the North or our allies, they will be decimated," I told him bluntly. "Your father is a fool if he thinks history will not repeat itself."

"But Robb, I could convince him to ally with the North!" Theon exclaimed. I sighed in frustration.

"You are an outsider to them, Theon," I said gravely. "You do not follow their customs, and they won't respect you."

"How would you know?!" he shouted in my face, only to pale as he saw the stormy look on mine.

"Do not raise your voice at me again, Greyjoy," I said coldly. "I am your friend, but I am also your lord, and you will respect me."

"I know because I've read," I continued with a shake of my head, "something you clearly didn't do. You've never paid the iron price. You don't search for salt wives or follow any of their customs."

"After all this time, I wouldn't be surprised if your sister was the heir of Pyke in your stead," I added.

"They can't do that! I am the heir!" he murmured, and I hid a smile. Making him feel betrayed by his family would be the easiest way to make him forget about this so-called alliance.

"You are the next Lord of the Iron Islands, and when this war is over, I will ensure everyone knows that," I assured him. "But if you decide to leave for any reason to join your family against us, you will die by my hand, and your bloodline will end." My voice darkened.

"If there is one thing I despise more than my enemies, it's disloyalty under my roof," I finished, my face grim.

Theon nodded meekly. I hoped he understood. He was my friend, and I had known him for over five years—without counting the original Robb's memories—and it would pain me, but I would fulfill my promise.

"Now go and rest. We'll talk more later," I commanded him.

He nodded after a moment and left my room. I began planning for when Jon arrived.

Five Days Later

We didn't have to wait long for the rest of the army. The next day, they began trickling in. So far, aside from a few war council meetings, everything had been relatively calm. We were simply waiting for Jon's arrival.

That's why I was walking toward the back entrance. I could see him at the edge of my range, accompanied by a surprisingly large group. What shocked me more were his companions. I hadn't expected to see Lord Commander Mormont, let alone Ser Alliser Thorne. Alongside them were Uncle Benjen and Samwell Tarly. In the back was a carriage carried by unnamed Night's Watch brothers, making my heart race. If Uncle Benjen had succeeded, it would have helped us immensely.

"Open the gates!" I ordered the guards, my shout rousing them from sleep.

Trust Jon to arrive when everyone's asleep.

As the guards rubbed their eyes and rose, some thought it wise to wake the commanders and lords inside the moat. Before I knew it, the courtyard was full of people wondering what was happening.

Waiting for the spotters to confirm their arrival, I played with Shadow. It had been a long time since I'd last seen him before returning to the North, and I missed watching him grow from a puppy to the killing machine he was now. Thanks to my orders, the maester had been feeding him a mixture of my insects that promoted growth. He was now bigger, stronger, and more deadly than his canon counterpart.

Looking at Jon, I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. Weariness clung to the entire group, though some tried to hide it behind grim expressions.

"Jon, it's been so long," I said, embracing him before stepping aside so he could see that Father was safe and sound.

His shoulders relaxed, and I was glad to see a small smile crack through his usual stoicism.

"What news do you bring?" I asked, steering the conversation to the important matters at hand.

"I'm afraid we bring bad news, Lord Stark," the Lord Commander began. "Your fears were correct. The White Walkers are a threat to the Seven Kingdoms."

"We need every realm united against this threat," Uncle Benjen added.

I burst out laughing.

"Easier said than done, Uncle," I replied. "We'll have to do it with our own forces for now."

"What do you mean?" Benjen asked.

"We're preparing for war, Uncle," I shrugged. "But don't worry, the Wall will have our full support, and we'll send our defeated enemies to help you deal with the threat."

As we talked, Lord Glover approached us. "Do you have proof of this?"

"Aye, I lost half of my team to get it," Benjen said grimly. "Only thanks to Robb were we able to return."

Ser Alliser walked to the carriage and opened it. Inside was a wight, bound in steel chains to prevent any risk.

"By the gods," Maege Mormont muttered. "Lord Stark was right."

"What do you mean, thanks to Lord Stark?" Lord Flint asked, inspecting the wight with a critical eye.

"When I last visited Winterfell, he gave me gifts that proved useful against them," Benjen nodded. "They cannot be harmed by conventional methods but are vulnerable to dragonglass."

"That's why we're here, my lords," the Lord Commander interjected. "During my childhood, I read a book that said Skagos had a significant amount of dragonglass."

This hit me hard—I hadn't known that.

"Are you sure, Lord Commander?" I asked seriously.

"Aye, Lord Stark. I'm not so old as to confuse that," he confirmed.

"This changes things," I mumbled, beginning to think.

Everyone fell silent as I paced, weighing the pros and cons of my plan.

"This is what we'll do," I began. "Since our total army is a little more than fifty thousand, we have some wiggle room for the next steps."

"First, twenty thousand soldiers will stay in the moat under my command. I'll take a small group against the Freys. After that, the rest of the army will go south with me," I continued, outlining my plan.

"Of the remaining army, twenty thousand will leave with my father, and he will command them from Winterfell," I explained, looking directly into my father's eyes until he nodded resolutely.

"There, he'll assess the best course of action against the White Walkers, sending soldiers to different key points and to the Wall."

"I'll do as you say, Lord Stark," Father nodded solemnly, and I exhaled, relieved by his support.

"There's one more thing I need you to do," I said gravely. "You need to communicate with the Skagosi and ask them to sell their dragonglass to the North."

"If that doesn't work, offer them asylum in Froststorm and the former Bolton lands. Promise them that as long as they bend the knee and follow our laws, they'll have our support."

"And if that doesn't work?" Lord Karstark interjected gruffly, his experience with the Skagosi evident. "Those bastards are barely human."

I sighed. "If that doesn't work, you'll need to invade the island to obtain the mineral," I said with finality. "I'm afraid there's no other option. And if you don't feel capable of that, Lord Karstark will take command."

"The White Walkers are a threat to the living. If the Skagosi can't understand the gravity of the situation, we'll have to subjugate them," I continued. "I'm not asking for something like the rape of the Three Sisters, but we need to bring them under our control for access to the dragonglass."

Father looked conflicted, but he nodded, and I let out a sigh of relief. I hoped that since his last betrayal, he would begin thinking differently—and I was right. Now, I just hoped I had made the right choice.

"Of those twenty thousand, you'll need to send some to the northernmost parts for protection—Bear Island, Deepwood Motte, Sea Dragon Point, Last Hearth, and Karhold," I continued. "I trust every lord has left a sizable force to guard their lands as I instructed."

"Aye," came the responses from the lords, and I nodded, satisfied. They might not be the best, since most were here, but even recruits could help if things took a turn for the worse.

"The rest of the army will be stationed in the central North," I added grimly. "The main threat will be the Ironborn if they attempt another rebellion, which I believe they will."

I glanced at Theon as I said this, pleased to see him keeping his head low. I hoped he wouldn't betray me, but I was prepared for that possibility.

"Most lords will remain in their territories and will command the groups assigned to them," I stated firmly. "There is one last thing to address."

"Anyone from outside the North or Riverlands is our enemy—show them no mercy. However, if they surrender, take them alive and send them to the Wall. As we now know, we'll need all the help we can get," I concluded my speech.

"You remind me of the Kings of the North I've read about," said Maege Mormont, giving me a strange look.

Lord Umber guffawed. "Aye, and why couldn't he be one? To Robb Stark, King of the North!" he shouted, raising his cup of vodka.

Alarmed, I looked around, as this was supposed to happen after some victories. But I couldn't detect any opposition to what Lord Umber had just proclaimed.

One by one, the lords and soldiers stood up, took their weapons, and bent their knees. "Robb Stark, King of the North!" they shouted in unison, and I felt a lump in my throat.

"I will work hard to bring the North victories," I managed to say, my voice tight with emotion. "To the North!" I shouted, raising my cup.

"The North!" "Long live the King!" "Fuck the Lannisters!"

Here's hoping Robb finds a way to add obsidian to bug mandibles. Or consume White Walker biomass without it somehow backfiring.

TYFTC
Or,even better, made wasps with obsidian stings.
That aside - Robb would need all battles quickly,but what next? he need more dakka to fight any supernatural threat.

"There's one more thing I need you to do," I said gravely. "You need to communicate with the Skagosi and ask them to sell their dragonglass to the North."

"If that doesn't work, offer them asylum in Froststorm and the former Bolton lands. Promise them that as long as they bend the knee and follow our laws, they'll have our support."
Bend the knee twice? That's like asking Bear Island to bend the knee, Skagos is already part of the North even if mostly ignored.

Chapter 52: The fall of Walder Frey. New
Authors note: Hey guys, im back. So yeah, theres already two 5k chapters in "that site", 3 more and the first one will be here. I enter midterms? i think thats the equivalent in my country, this week, so ill need to study and all that, but QQ will get the 5k chapters in two Wednesdays probably.

Moat Cailin

Robb Stark

With everything in motion, it was only a matter of time before we started moving. Conflicts had already begun on the Goldroad, according to some of the merchants traveling North, so we were pressed for time to march against the South. Therefore, I was now bidding farewell to my father and the lords who would accompany him to Winterfell.

Lord Hornwood, Karstark, Umber, and Maege Mormont would leave with him and return to their own territories with some of the troops at a later date. Alongside them, twenty thousand soldiers and some millennial workers would depart from the Moat.

All the lords who had offspring in their twenties left them with me, giving me the responsibility of taking care of Smalljon, Lord Karstark's three sons, and Dacey Mormont. None of them would be on the front lines, as I couldn't risk their lives, but they would be part of my royal guard now that I'd been crowned King of the North.

"I hope you can complete all the tasks I've assigned to you, Father," I told him with a smile after a brief but comforting hug.

"Aye, I hope so too," he nodded grimly, and I could see his doubts. It saddened me to see how his "mistakes" in King's Landing had affected him, but I hoped that reuniting with Mother and the rest of our family would help his mental health.

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to send a raven to the rest of the lords. There's no weakness in working alongside them." I smiled and took a few steps back, giving Jon space to speak with him.

"Lords, I thank you for the service you'll do for the North," I addressed the assembled lords in the background. "I have complete faith that you'll be able to accomplish everything I've asked."

"Do not worry, my King," Lord Hornwood replied. "We'll ensure everything is handled in that part of the North."

"Aye, and we'll have the dragonglass needed to fight the White Walkers," Lord Umber snorted. "I still can't believe they exist, and even less that I'll have to fight against them."

"A story worthy of songs," nodded Lord Karstark. "Please, my King, take care of our sons."

"I'll do my best to keep them out of danger, my lords," I said resolutely. "I can't promise they'll be unharmed, but I'll do my best to bring them back to the North."

"That's all we can ask, my King," Maege Mormont replied. "I know my Dacey would get pent up if you kept her away from the fight," she laughed.

"Aye, same as my Smalljon," Lord Umber guffawed.

Two Days Later

After finishing the last parts of my plan, my small vanguard was ready to move against the Freys. Our group consisted of five thousand soldiers, but for now, I would only take the best fifty. It was such a small force that it would be easy to attack the Twins unnoticed.

As a formality, I sent a delegation to ask for passage, but of course, they denied us. I had my excuse ready, as we couldn't wait for them to "get the stick out of their asses" to let us pass and help their liege lords.

I was sure my grandfather wouldn't care, and even if he did, I didn't care at all. This was no longer a war to satisfy my ego and be crowned king, living the best life I could while destroying every threat in Planetos. No, this was now a war for the survival of every living being on this planet. I couldn't allow Scion to pinpoint my location, and for that reason, I would fight anyone who opposed me.

The small group of green men at my back knew the requirements to plant more weirwood trees, so they would take care of that and handle the wounded. With their magic and my enhanced insects, they had become a different kind of healer. I could promote natural healing, antiseptics, and everything needed to help those who weren't critically injured, while they used their magic for the more serious cases.

For the past few days, I have been visiting the Twins to make my job easier. I went alone, staying in the shadows, and ordered my insects to spoil their food supply or even steal it with my larger creations. The Freys were hungry and paranoid, with more of them leaving every day to hunt animals, only to disappear in the woods. Now, it was time to strike.

The main antagonists had already been pinpointed by my insects, and I made it clear that I wasn't looking for a bloodbath. With that in mind, my small group and I prepared to attack while the Freys were weak.

"Are you all ready?" I asked one last time. "Remember, do not kill unnecessarily, and try to stay silent."

"Aye," "Aye," "Yes, my King."

Nodding in approval, we started walking toward the bridge. The Frey forces had dwindled in recent days, and many of the guards on the bridge were either dozing off or hunting for food. Using my insects to scout, I ordered most of them to inject the guards with paralytic venom. I signaled my group to start moving.

"Begin the operation," I commanded and nodded in satisfaction as I watched my soldiers silently tie up the Frey guards and carry them back north. We had to move fast, and I knew that after today, everyone in my army would know about my powers.

Since there was no need to hide it anymore, I ordered my insects to incapacitate the guards atop the Twins. We would use grappling hooks to scale the walls. I heard my soldiers gasp in surprise, but they knew better than to stop now. After the operation, I would have to answer their questions, but for the moment, they remained focused. Organized. Just as I had trained them.

Screams rang out in the distance, but they didn't matter. There was no one awake to hear or provide support to the unfortunate guards. Over the past few days, I had investigated which Freys deserved death and which would be sent to the Wall. Since most of the guards atop the walls were innocent of serious wrongdoing, I only incapacitated them. The only ones who didn't survive were Lothar Frey and a few of his sycophants.

As we entered the castle, we moved quickly. We didn't have the numbers to fight thousands of men in the area, so efficiency was crucial. Today's objective was to assassinate most of Walder Frey's bastards and take the old lord hostage. That way, when Lord Mallister arrived with reinforcements, the remaining Frey soldiers would bend the knee.

"Jon, be ready. It'll be like the Dreadfort," I told Jon quietly but firmly. "I hope you've been training."

He nodded resolutely and drew his bow. The other guards followed suit, preparing their light weapons—throwing knives, daggers, or maces, Dacey Mormont's preferred weapon.

"Five guards ahead," I murmured. "Kill them all."

At my signal, they sprang into action. I stayed back to observe how they worked as a team. Jon remained near the wall, avoiding the risk of hitting our own men, while Smalljon and Dacey ran in with their maces just after our men threw their knives. The knives and arrows struck true, and Dacey, Smalljon, Theon, and Rickard finished the guards with their maces. They then caught the bodies, ensuring they fell quietly to the ground.

As they disposed of the bodies, I scouted for more nearby enemies, injecting any guards I found with either lethal venom or a paralytic dose that would wear off in a few hours.

With everyone ready, we began running toward the Twins' Great Hall. Most of Walder Frey's bastards were there, discussing what to do about us. The guards at the entrance were quickly knocked out, and we took position. The strongest men opened the doors.

Inside the Great Hall, Lord Walder Frey sat, completely unaware of the invasion. My insects had been listening to their conversations, and I grew cold with anger at their plans to extort us. Walder Frey's arrogance had been his downfall. He didn't bother with heavier security, convinced no one would dare attack his castle, even after losing so many soldiers due to a lack of food.

We burst into the hall, my men behind me. Walder Frey's eyes widened with shock as he fumbled for words.

"Robb Stark," he hissed. "You dare—"

"I do," I replied. "We won't wait for you to get that stick out of your ass, Frey. This war is just starting, and the Frey family has no place in the future of the Seven Kingdoms. After we take you and kill your sons, the North will occupy these lands for the betterment of our kingdom."

Walder opened his mouth to speak, but before he could utter a word, I raised my hand. A cloud of insects swarmed him and his sons, their bites numbing their bodies within seconds. Walder Frey and his sons collapsed, eyes wide with terror.

I turned to the others. "Round up everyone here. We're heading back to the other side."

My men moved swiftly, clearing out the Freys and taking them to the roof so we could escape. Now, we just had to wait for Jason Mallister's army to arrive. Our forces were more than ten times the size of the remaining Frey men so I didn't doubt we won this pissing contest.

Standing on the bridge I looked up to the castle in the distance, and I ordered my insects to buzz aloud for every moment until the Mallister army arrived, a little psychological torture wouldn't hurt. After all, my conquest has just begun.

Here's hoping Robb finds a way to add obsidian to bug mandibles. Or consume White Walker biomass without it somehow backfiring.

TYFTC
Nice idea! ill add it when the time is right. (The others wont appear for a while) so its not urgent.
As for the white walker biomass, i mean, he already has one just to "consume" but i have no idea what to give him lol. if anyone has any ideas feel free to tell me!

Bend the knee twice? That's like asking Bear Island to bend the knee, Skagos is already part of the North even if mostly ignored.
Eh, that's true, but they are ignored, and they don't follow the laws, so you could say they aren't under the North's umbrella or whatever. If they don't act accordingly, Ned will need to invade and make them swear their loyalty once again, if they ever did. or at least, enforce that they follow the rules.

Nice idea! ill add it when the time is right. (The others wont appear for a while) so its not urgent.
As for the white walker biomass, i mean, he already has one just to "consume" but i have no idea what to give him lol. if anyone has any ideas feel free to tell me!
Others turn into water after death - so,no biomass,but maybe if MC insect drink it,it would help them?

Eh, that's true, but they are ignored, and they don't follow the laws, so you could say they aren't under the North's umbrella or whatever. If they don't act accordingly, Ned will need to invade and make them swear their loyalty once again, if they ever did. or at least, enforce that they follow the rules.

Well,they do not have means to fight.

Another topic - it is good that MC see war on Westeros as only prelude to real fight,and want to finish it quickly.
Not glory,but fighting for family survival - weet healthy attitude.

Chapter 53: The First Conquest. New
Three days later.

Robb Stark.

"You will never get away with this!" Black Frey shouted from where he was tied up. The bastard had woken up a couple of hours ago, and he hadn't been able to stay silent. I didn't know where he got his bravado from, as the only things spewing from his mouth were insults and threats against my people.

Even after a particularly rough beating delivered by Dacey Mormont—after hearing him threaten to rape his way through Bear Island—the stupid bastard hadn't learned his lesson. Dacey only stopped because I ordered it, but I could see she wasn't calm enough. Because of that, I left her in charge of the rest of our hostages, with the only order being to keep them alive. I didn't care much about what happened to them, but I needed them alive for a little longer.

Walking around the camp, I quietly observed how my soldiers were feeling. I could see that "normal" meant nervousness with a hint of giddiness. The normal age for men to be allowed to fight in a war here in Westeros was fifteen, though, of course, exceptions existed. At least, that's how it was for the Northern army.

The younger soldiers hoped to make a name for themselves and gain riches, status, and the like, while the older men just hoped to come back alive to their families. The only thing they all shared was the determination to fight for the betterment of our kingdom. Most of my men would die happily, knowing they were fighting for a good cause.

To be honest, it was kinda scary having this burden thrust upon my shoulders, but I needed to act accordingly.

For now, we were just waiting for support from the Mallisters to arrive. They were sending only a thousand soldiers, led by Patrek Mallister, while Jason waited for us in Seagard. The Frey forces had been dwindling for the last three days since we attacked, as more and more soldiers decided to run away or bend the knee to me.

I was pretty sure I had most of the Frey main family—at least the males—and the women didn't have the support needed for the remaining soldiers to rally behind them. At the very least, since we killed most of the bad apples in the castle, there hadn't been many problems like soldiers taking unwanted liberties, though I wasn't sure how long that would last.

My insects had been hard at work, and I even opted to allow the soldiers who left to return to the castle with food, since I wanted them weak, not dead. So I had them stop buzzing after the second day, at which point I also stopped grabbing the soldiers.

As I walked across the camp to the main tent, I nodded at everyone who saluted me. It was weird, but I was getting used to the Northerners treating me like a King. I was sure this would complicate things in the long run, but whatever.

"Smalljon, any news?" I asked with a smile.

"Nothing pressing, just a message that arrived a few hours ago from Lord Mallister. It appears his heir will arrive tomorrow," he answered, and I nodded. The distance between Seagard and the Twins wasn't that big, and since most of those soldiers hadn't seen battle in recent times, I was sure they were well-rested.

"Good, we'll ask them to surrender tomorrow, then," I nodded resolutely. "I want you to prepare the hostages for our arrival. We'll kill every single one of them except old Walder. He will have the honor of dying in his great hall."

"Nasty..." he murmured. "I like it."

"I knew you would," I scoffed. "You're all a bunch of barbarians," I joked, imitating a Southern Lady.

As we joked around, more people arrived at the tent, and I explained how things would proceed.

"After we take the Twins, we'll wait for some of the fifteen thousand soldiers in the Neck to arrive. They'll stay in the castle while we go ahead to help the Riverlands," I said firmly. "Is there anyone who wants the honor of lording the Twins while we're at war?"

I knew no one would accept my generous offer, but I needed to ask all the same.

"You will not fight the Lannisters without me, Robb," Jon said with a deadpan expression. "I don't know if I should pity them if I leave you to your own devices."

I scoffed good-naturedly. "I wouldn't do that much."

The others gave me deadpan looks, and Eddard Karstark asked what everyone had in mind. "How did you escape from the Red Keep again?"

"It was one time!" I rolled my eyes. "We were short on time, and that door was in the way," I defended myself.

"Whatever. If you lot are so sure about this, I'll send a message to Lord Glover to pick someone capable," I mumbled to myself. "Maybe Lord Flint wants to do it."

"Aye, the Flints are a good idea. They're the biggest family in the North, with all those branches. I'm sure they've got someone capable," said Thorren Karstark while eating some venison.

"Sylvyrn, be ready to start planting weirwoods," I told the leader of the Green Men. "Is there anything you need for it?"

"Yes, my king," he said, bowing his head. "I need some blood so the trees can grow."

I rolled my eyes. Since meeting the Old Gods and getting closer to the Green Men, I've learned a lot about them. I was right: they were eldritch beings. But whatever. We made a pact, and I would fulfill my part.

"How much blood, Sylvyrn?" I asked firmly, hoping there wouldn't be a need for an unnecessary bloodbath wherever I visited.

"Not much, my king," he replied while taking out a jar. "If this jar is filled to the brim, I can plant over fifty trees."

I sighed in relief, but then I remembered something. "Any blood will suffice, I hope?" I asked, fearing they might need something more powerful, like R'hllor.

"Yes, my king," he replied. "The blood is just a catalyst, nothing more. Think of it as adding some fertilizer to normal plants."

I slumped in my seat before noticing the silence in the tent. I almost burst out laughing, seeing the rest of my friends inching away from Sylvyrn. They couldn't deny the advantages he and his group provided, but that didn't make it any easier to stomach some of their customs. Thankfully, we hadn't had any problems yet. Something I was sure would change when we started mingling with the Riverlanders.

"Any news from the Riverlands?" I asked aloud.

"I'm afraid the Lannisters are pushing the Blackfish," Harrion said, shaking his head. "They'll be overrun if they don't get our support soon."

I nodded grimly. "I'm sure my great-uncle can hold them off for a while, but fret not—the Lannisters will rue the day they conspired against us."

"Aye, they deserve no less," Jon added with surprising heat.

The next day

I stood atop a rise, surveying my army with satisfaction. Heir Patrek was already at my side, his thousand men waiting for orders. The rest of my generals stood nearby, attentive to my command.

The Twins loomed in the distance, but they were no longer what they had once been. Despair hung over the place like a shroud, visible even through the eyes of my insects. Fewer than two thousand souls remained within the castle, all of them gaunt with hunger, their faces with black bags beneath their eyes.

Behind me, my army of twenty thousand stood in disciplined ranks, banners fluttering in the wind. The direwolf of House Stark bore a new addition—a crown upon its head. Sansa had gotten the idea into her head after Father returned to Winterfell and told the girls about my being named king. She insisted we needed a new sigil.

Apart from the new Stark banner, the eagle of House Mallister flew alongside others from the North. I was certain it was an imposing sight, one that would strike fear into the hearts of the remaining Freys.

At the base of the rise stood a column of Frey hostages—old Walder, his sons, and grandsons—bound and haggard with hunger and fear, at least most of them. I couldn't help but feel a sliver of respect for Black Walder's defiance, petty to the end.

Walder Frey, the frail old man, stood at the front of the group. Even in chains, his eyes still burned with venom as they fixed on me.

"Lord Frey," I called, my voice carrying over the quiet army. "You chose to sit idle while your liege lords suffered, hindering my kingdom's efforts to aid my mother's family. Now, because of your actions, your own family suffers. While you gorged on food and laughed, the Tullys fought for their lands, and now the Freys are starving because of you."

I paused, letting my words sink in before continuing. "Your men are on the brink of starvation. The food in your stores has spoiled, and the only reason they aren't dead yet is because I don't hold them accountable for your decisions. Submit with some semblance of pride. You and your sons will die, but I give you my word that we will not harm a single hair on your daughters. Perhaps, in time, a better kind of Freys will return to the Twins."

Walder's lips quivered as he shuffled his feet. "You think you've already won, boy? My soldiers still hold the Twins. You won't take them with words. Stark blood is easily spilled, I'm sure."

My jaw tightened, but I didn't let my anger show. "It seems you need more convincing," I said, summoning my insects.

Turning to Dacey, I ordered, "Untie his sons. Let's put their misery on display."

I glanced back at the old lord and snorted. "If any of your sons can make it back to the Twins before they die, I'll let them leave."

There was just over a kilometer between them and the gates—more than enough distance for my swarm to catch them.

"Go on, boys. Run for your lives," I said as I called my millions of insects to form a cloud in the sky.

An eerie twilight descended as the sun dimmed, and the only sound was the incessant buzzing of my swarm. Glancing back, I saw the Mallister men, pale with fear as they looked up at the swarm blocking out the sun. I knew that if the swarm turned on us, they would flee. Thankfully, Jon was close enough to Patrek to calm him.

"This is what will happen to the rest of your family if you don't comply," I said, my voice calm as I lowered my hand.

The cloud of insects surged forward, enveloping the fleeing sons of Walder Frey. Their screams of terror and pain echoed, like music to my ears. The swarm was so thick that nothing could be seen, but after a minute, I dispersed it, commanding the insects to remain in the open air.

All that remained were bones in some places, and in others, hollow husks of flesh barely clinging to the skeletons.

Walder Frey whimpered at the sight, but I didn't give him a chance to gather his thoughts. "This is your last chance. Order the gates to open, submit to my reign, and I'll spare what's left of your family. Resist, and your bloodline will be erased from history—a mere footnote in tales of foolish men."

Behind him, my army stirred, ready for my command. The howl of the wind seemed to carry the Stark banner, with Ghost and Shadow's howls echoing alongside it.

Walder spared a glance at the bodies and then at the castle before slumping in defeat, his breath a faint, shaky exhale.

"You win this time, Stark," he croaked. "Open the gates!" he shouted and I smiled seeing his order being carried by the guards.

Well,Freys needed to be removed.With his insects and warging he arleady win in Westeros,but taking over Planetos...insects could be not enough.

Ah, Robb. Taking Taylor's intimidation strategy and crank it all the way to eleven. Truly, you really have the spot as the future emperor of Planetos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back