• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Time: 2004 ( During The Ultimate Enemy event)
POV: Daniel (Danny) Fenton...
Prologue

Hannibalkid

Getting out there.
Time: 2004 ( During The Ultimate Enemy event)
POV: Daniel (Danny) Fenton

My eyes open, accompanied by a startled breath. I feel confused when the sight that meets me is the clouds of the sky. On second thought those aren't clouds. They're too dark to be clouds, it's smoke.

With my hands, I push my self up from the ground with effort. Upon moving my body is racked with pain. A quick look shows my typical wear of a white t-shirt with a red circle in the middle and jeans. Both are ripped in places and covered in soot. I definitely need a change of clothes.

On observation of my body next, it's covered in bruising and cuts. A look around my surroundings shows broken down buildings and fire spread across the streets. Craters from blast lay all over the streets and sidewalk.

That's enough for me to remember what happened.

My fight with Him. How I felt so powerless, a feeling that felt like my time with Pariah Dark, but even then I had the exoskeleton suit. Along with all the ghosts who revolted against his return. This time it was just me against the worst being in creation. Someone filled with so much hate and sadistic tendencies.

Then I thought of the explosion, I couldn't stop it. I can see it still burning ahead of me. Its fire burning the brightest and smoke rising in heaps into the sky. Darkening everything below it. My family and friends directly in the center of all that. Their bodies are most likely not even recoverable or recognizable.

This makes my gut clench and I feel nausea overcoming me. My stomach feeling like it went through a dozen flips.

I couldn't get to them in time. Tears start to form in my eyes and my heart feels like it's breaking inside my body. Like something just shattered inside of me.

Breathing gets harder and harder the more I think of them.

It's all my fault that this happened. Which is pretty literal, because it was all His fault. That monster that only existed because I was going to cheat on a test.

A now irrelevant test, that holds no meaning to me anymore. Nothing does anymore. A helplessness overtakes my mood and the weight of it all comes bearing down slowly. If only there was some way...

But wait!

There's still a chance at fixing this. I need to find Clockwork. He can fix this for me. Hope and determination fills me once more.

Wiping my tears away, I look around for the thermos containing Him. I find it at my side and pick it up with a tight grip. Anger sprouts in me before I stomp it down and focus on what matters. That small nap took away some of the exhaustion from the fight. Note to self on using that ghostly wail with care.

"Going ghost!" I shout. The white rings form at my waist and expand over my body till I'm back into my black and white hazmat suit. The stylized D rests on the chest of my suit. Making me feel like a super hero from comics every time.

Most of the pain disappears when transitioning to become more energy-like in the construction of my body. No longer feeling so tired either, but energized once more. The many perks of being dead are great sometimes.

My legs merge and form into one wispy tail like appendage connecting directly to my waist. I speed off towards my home. The only place close enough that still has a portal.

"Don't worry everybody, I'll fix this. I promise," I mutter only to myself to reaffirm my objective. Arriving at my home in a short moment, thanks to my fast speeds.

I phase through the walls of my home, spotting a picture with my family hanging on the wall. My eyes grow misty, but I wipe it away quickly. Only further incensing my resolve to change their fates.

Once more phasing through the floor shows the daunting portal that changed everything in my life. A prized creation of my parents. They were so excited when they first made it only for it to fail. If only they knew how wrong they were. I sure got to know.

My feelings are mixed concerning this device. It gave me powers that are unimaginable to the normal person. Yet, it also killed me. Not everyday someone gets to have an experience like mine thanks to this.

Sam and Tucker often brush it off as just getting powers and acting like I won the lottery. It angers me when they think like that. Wonder how they would feel if they knew what it was really like.

It wasn't some lucky lottery moment for me. I felt so much pain, I thought I was gonna die. Then it turns out I did die, but didn't at the same time. Like a perfect example of Schrodinger's cat. Sam explained what that was to me and it really does fit.

Thinking of Sam also hurts a lot, but I made a promise to her. So she has to come back to know I kept that promise. I once again force those thoughts away like any healthy person. Thinking once again back to the portal.

Turning me into what is known as a Halfa among the Ghost community. To be both dead and alive at the same time. Always a confusing topic when brought up.

So yes the circumstance behind it was not something I like to think about, but that event happening made the rest of my life feel so lively. Irony at its finest, I guess.

Before my powers I was just some helpless loser without powers who got bullied and after I was a loser who now had powers, but still got bullied. What a transformation!

Taking my eyes off of the portal, I look at the control panel. Flying over and powering up the machine with a few switches turns on the portal.

The sound of thrumming energy fills the basement laboratory. Green light radiates from the portal, basking the room with its eerie look. The same green color that I radiate from my body and eyes. Unnatural to anybody who sees it.

Taking a fake deep breath (Ghost don't breath), I rush into the portal. Feeling the difference in atmosphere instantly upon entering. It feels comfortable to be here in my ghost form.

What greets me is the complete randomness of the Ghost Zone in all its infinite wackiness. Like a madhouse at a carnival that never ends and is made with the favorite colors of green and purple.

Green fills my vision as far as my eye can see. Stairs littered all across going every which direction with no end. Buildings that come in complete and destroyed conditions. No wonder the ghosts come into the living world all of the time. This place can get really old so fast.

The only separate colors coming from the Ghost Zone are the purple doors that fly around that lead to the lairs of the ghost. Too bad I'm having a hard time remembering which was actually Clockwork's lair.

I don't really have a direction to go specifically, so all I can really do is just fly around till I find something that represents timey things. Find Clockwork and then fix this horrible nightmare of mine. The only problem is thinking which direction to start heading

"Just my luck," I grumble with annoyance. And so I begin my search with a heavy heart and a determined mind.

Flying around, head turning from side to side. My white hair flows behind me as I search with a careful eye. Hopefully there's nobody around to bother me.

Well other than the blobs that float around, but they are mainly just harmless to me. Ghost that never materialized fully due to not having a strong obsession or just not having one in general.

I often wonder what my own obsession is. Every ghost has one, including Halfas. That fruit loop Vlad's obsession probably has something to do with my mom. God knows how head over heels he is for her. A total creep.

I wonder how he would feel knowing mom is gone. I feel a pang of hurt with that thought and quickly switch focus to avoid those feelings. Everything will be fine anyways.

I'm broken from my thoughts when the Ghost Zone starts shaking. I stopped my flight for a moment to look around. The shaking continues, when a freaking crack starts to appear near me. First time I've ever seen something like this. And also the last time if I have anything to say about it.

Screw that! I fly directly in the opposite direction, but then start to feel a pull from the crack. The suction force from the crack becomes stronger and stronger. Oh, come on!

I'm already flying at max speed! Which is pretty fast. Yet, I'm not gaining any distance from it.

The small blobs are pulled into the crack to wherever the hell that goes. I might have felt a little pity for them, if I also wasn't going to get sucked in.

Eventually the pull becomes too strong for me and I start to slowly ease backwards. My fate is probably going to be similar to the blobs at this rate.

"No, no, no!" I shout out in frustration. Of all the damn times for the Ghost Zone to do something crazy, it has to be when I'm here and when I need to do something important. Why can't something work on my schedule for once.

What kind of bull crap is this!

A quick look shows that my wispy tail is literally about to touch the crack. I close my eyes from the effort of resisting the pull and grit my teeth in desperation.

Ghosts have unlimited stamina, but this is freaking insane to hold up forever. I just got out of a battle that I was losing like 99% percent of the time. That nap was a nice refresher, but I still don't feel strong enough to keep this up.

All of the struggling was for nothing though. My tail touches the crack and I'm instantly pulled through. My sense of direction is all wobbly as I feel my turn in all directions until I stop in motion, Opening my eyes to a dirty alleyway. Definitely thought I would end up somewhere weirder. That's how these types of things usually go for me.

I hear a strange sound as I look behind only to see the crack closing. I try to race back to it before it closes completely.

Luck wasn't at my side as it closes and dissipates into nothing. Leaving me here floating in some dingy alleyway. A look down still shows the thermos containing Him in my hand. Great, looks like I'm gonna be in a bad company wherever I am.

I turn invisible and intangible, to stay hidden and not make any noise. Flying straight into the air high and then looking down to observe where I am.

From my observation, I can obviously tell it's a coastal city. Other than that though... What the hell!

Is that a bubble in the ocean!?

Change location: Brockton Bay

A/N: Alright so this is my first time writing on this site, so don't crucify me yet. I wrote this mainly because I really wanted to see a Danny Phantom in Worm Verse. And when you want a job done, you have to do it yourself sometimes.

So first things first. All rights of Worm and anything related to it belong to Wildbow. And Danny Phantom belongs to whoever owns him at the current time.

My scheduling when it comes to posting is pretty erratic so don't expect constant updates, but I won't abandon so no worries there.

So other than that, please leave any proper criticisms that can help me be better as a writer. Like grammar mistakes or how a character would probably act.

Also it's kind of hard to determine how strong Danny would be in the Worm verse, so help on details there would also be nice. Personally I think he would be capable of being a pretty big powerhouse considering how versatile his powers are. Especially considering he gets stronger with time and circumstances as seen with Dan Phantom.

Last edited:
Chapter 1: Ghostly Aid
POV: Danny

With my interest piqued, I fly over to the coast of the city to observe the bubble. Arriving above the coast, which contains what I can tell as docks there. Except there aren't any ships that look operational here. Ships lay scattered at the docks, none carrying any forms of life or light from them.

Must be shut down or something.

Looking back over to what captured my attention earlier shows what appears to be an energy dome. The energy dome reminds me of my own energy shields for a moment. On the inside of the dome are what I think are buildings, but it's hard to make out any true details with the weird saturation effect.

Reminds me of when the tv at home would go on the fritz, when mom or dad made some ghost detecting gadget. Said gadget usually messed with the electromagnetic waves of the tv, causing the fritz.

Thinking of mom and dad causes my eyes to grow misty. Wiping away the unshed tears, I head back to the city. My mind focused on what to do now.

A thought crosses me to go over to the dome to investigate more, but I cross out that idea immediately. I don't know who or what is there. Could be people that hate ghosts. Almost everybody in Amity Park still doesn't like ghosts. Could only imagine how random people might react to me.

I need to be careful, especially considering I have to carry Him around wherever I go. Rushing into the unknown is the last thing to do at the moment. Even though I rushed over here to get a closer look at this.

Starting now I won't rush into any more trouble.

Immediately with my overhead look I saw what looked like a small wave of fire. Well actually it wasn't that small, but from up here everything looks small.

Already feeling that protective urge, my earlier instruction of staying out of trouble was thrown out the window at the thought of people being hurt.

With only a second of thinking, I fly over at my top speeds. Worry and determination being the dominant emotions at the moment. Worry for the people who may be hurt and the determination to do anything to help out.

Arriving in only a matter of seconds thanks to my speed allows me to come immediately to the scene. Said scene was on a rooftop that looks worse for wear. Like it was scorched a little bit and has some marks from what I can assume are claws.

On a rooftop are two people? The first figure is tall, but other than that I can't make out any other detail. The reason for that is the thing is literally covered head to toe in fire. My first thought is maybe it is a ghost, but my ghost sense hasn't gone off yet.

Which adds onto my curiosity for a moment before I focus on the other figure. A lanky person based on the first looks from where I'm floating to the side. Long hair cascades down their head but looks a little singed in some places. They looked huddled in on themselves, probably in defense of the matchstick in front of them.

I'm taken from my thoughts as the fire person starts moving their hands around. Flames gathering in their hands. Not one to let someone make the first move, I act with haste.

Holding tightly onto the thermos with one hand, I launch an ecto-blast directly at it. The blast slams into the side of the figure and he is blasted off of the rooftop.

The lanky disguised person stays in that huddled position, as I fly over to the flaming figure. With the intention to put them out of the fight.

Switch to Taylor's POV a little bit before Danny comes

I sit there with my knees to my chest as Lung stands there for a moment. Finally taking his hands off his face, as he blinks a couple of times. That Pepper spray was supposed to blind him for at least 30 minutes. Yet, Lung is shaking it off already in the matter of seconds. Why the hell wasn't he listed as an A-Lister?

Maybe I would have been more cautious then. Of course, I still would have intervened to save the children. Which brings me back to my own fate.

If I try to move, he'll hear me and I'm dead. If I just sit here till his sight comes back, I'm also dead. I watch for a moment as the flames wreath over his hands and shut my eyes. Preparing for the inevitable.

Guilt builds in me as I think of dad. Will he wonder where I am when waking up?

Then the sound of what I think might be a laser echoes into the air. I open my eyes, just to catch the sight of Lung being flung off the roof. Hearing the impact of his body just hit the floor a moment later.

I release the breath; I've been holding unknowingly. Feeling my body untighten itself, as the relief floods in. Yet my limbs still shake from the fear of what could have just happened.

A cape has arrived on the scene to help. Hopefully it's someone from the Protectorate, being saved by a rival gang like the Empire or Merchants wouldn't be ideal for me.

Just in case, I gather as many bugs as I can. Not many were left over from the heatwaves Lung kept sending out and that last fire wave got rid of the closest ones to me. Feeling finally prepared enough, I looked over the ledge Lung was flung over.

Only to see a strange sight.

Lung was shooting a blast of fire randomly around him and swinging his fist at nothing. I look around, but don't actually see anybody around. Where is the cape that blasted him?

That's when I saw the sight of Lung's head rocking upward like he just got uppercut. Lung falls backwards from the attack onto his back, laying still on the ground. Probably groggy from whoever hit him, which must have been hard.

What happens next is almost comical.

Lung gets picked up by his leg and is swung back and forth into the ground. Left and right, over and over again. The impact of the slams reverberates from Lungs huge frame being swung around like a ragdoll. The street below cracking under said slams.

I feel a sense of glee as Lung is treated like yesterday's trash.

It unfortunately comes to an end as Lung is set down and proceeds to shrink down in size. Since Lung definitely is out of the fight I look around for the cape. Wondering what their powers were.

Was it invisibility or maybe telekinesis. I've read some capes who've had some abilities like that, but none in Brockton Bay from what I remember. Nor were the capes I've read about strong enough to do it similar to that with just those abilities.

I swarm my bugs around as I try to feel the cape out. Yet, nothing is around. Where the hell are they?

"Boo!" I hear a voice from behind me. I swing around and see nothing there. I let the flies, wasps, bees and any other flying bugs I have swarm around me. How were they able to get this close without the bugs detecting them.

Once again, the bugs don't feel or sense anything there. Laughter echoes around me as I continue searching for the voice. I feel a little bit of anger building in me. As the swarm continues looking for anything. Then a voice sounds out.

"Sorry I couldn't help myself," The voice says as I look to the direction it came from. To then see a glowing floating male. He floats there with an easy-going smile, the suit he has on being a black in white in color scheme. The design is similar to a hazmat suit, yet a stylized letter stands on his chest, which I assume is a D.

His hair is an unnatural snow white, and his eyes are an even more unnatural green. The more I look at him the more unnerved I feel. Like something isn't quite right at the sight of him.

"So, what was going on between you and the matchstick over there," He asked, with what I now can identify as a young voice. Upon looking at him more closely, he is actually very young. Maybe a year or two younger than me. Which only furthers the unnerved feeling I keep getting from him.

I was about to answer before the boy looks over to the other side of the roof. Did he hear something? Just then two huge shapes leap onto the rooftop with us. Great, what now?

A/N: Ok a short chapter for the end of the week.

Don't worry about Danny following her around like a lost puppy. Danny just goes to whoever needs help. That doesn't mean that they might not be friends. I also like to believe that his obsession has something to do with protecting people, since he breaks his back all the time to protect the town of people who treat him like dirt. That was the urge he was getting in this chapter.

I had to redo this chapter like three different times because I chose different points in the timeline to settle him. The first version had him showing up in the month after Taylor triggers, the second had him showing up a few days before this version and this was the final version. I felt it was better for Danny to be thrown straight into the fire, literally.

Next chapter will focus more on Danny learning of the world and the problems that will come.

I obviously didn't give word for word details on Taylor's POV because most probably already read the worm story or at least have an idea of how this night goes with the undersiders saving her instead of Danny. If anybody was wondering why she didn't see the thermos, it was because Danny was making it invisible while holding it. Taylor showed she was unnerved from Danny for a couple reasons, which I will explain eventually.

Also, I would like to discuss what Danny's ratings are for his powers. So put some comments up with your own opinions on it.

Thanks for reading and see you in the next chapter. This was chapter 1 instead of 2 since last chapter was the prologue.

Chapter 2: Meeting Strange People
POV: Danny

A pair of beasts jumped up onto the roof with me and the still unnamed individual. I narrowed my eyes upon the sight of the strange looking creatures. I'm used to strange sights because of all the nut jobs that come out of the Ghost Zone.

Yet these things definitely top the cake when it comes to looking downright gross. The size of them reminds me of Cujo after it transforms. At least Cujo still looked like a dog before and after though. The creatures look like some weird amalgamation of a dog and whatever has bony spikes. Maybe a porcupine is the other thing.

The dogs look over at me and start immediately growling, which reminds me that most animals aren't too fond of ghosts. Thankfully a sharp whistle sounds out in the air before they both stop, but still focus a lot of their attention on me. Still sniffing at the air from my direction.

A set of two people from each of the boney dogs jump off onto the rooftop. Each of them are dressed like people with weird fetishes. One looks like he just came out of some renaissance fair. The other guy looks like he decided to take being a biker to the extreme with the dark leathers and weirdly designed biker helmet.

The other two were females as far as I can tell. One was definitely a girl seeing as the skin tight bodysuit didn't leave anything to the imagination and has blonde hair. The other was a little bit harder to tell seeing as she has the body frame of someone like Dash, yet wears a plaid skirt. Accompanied by a cheap dog mask.

Actually they are all wearing masks. I feel a little left out of the party here, but I never saw the need for a mask. Most people in Amity Park couldn't even figure out the connection between my two halves.

The biker fashion person walks over to the long haired individual. I continue to observe them as I see the blonde one looking over at me with a sort of confused look. I look straight back at her with a raised eyebrow. Yet, she doesn't look away causing a frown to form.

"Typically you get to know someone before you have a staring contest with them," I remark loudly, drawing the rest of their attention to me. The one staring looking like they are about to speak before the renaissance guy steps forward slightly.

"Don't mind her, she's a little slow, if you know what I mean. Makes her stare at anything that catches her fancy for a long time," The renaissance one says, but shortly after receives an elbow to his side from the blonde. Yelping from the hit and then laughing quietly.

I feel a little bad myself from calling her out like that.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know your friend had a special condition," I apologize to them. If I knew earlier I would never have been snarky about it. Calling somebody out on a disability is a low move, even Dash would agree on that.

The one who said the statement laughs harder, before doubling over from the straight elbow to his stomach. I wince at the hard elbow and silently give my sympathies for him. Must be hard to take care of her if she lashes out like this all the time too.

"Wait I don't–" The blonde says before getting cut off by the biker. Her look of annoyance now slowly grew on her face, lips setting into a frown.

"Anyway, we came to give thanks for saving us the trouble of fighting Lung. We didn't really have a solid plan for dealing with him and were just gonna hope for the best," The biker thanked us in a muffled voice.

"Uh, who's Lung, was it that matchstick guy?," I ask in confusion. I think they are referring to him, but I don't know anything at all.

"You must be new to Brockton Bay, but yeah Lung is the guy currently laying knocked out on the streets," He answers as the dog mask girl looks over the ledge constantly next to the dogs. Keeping watch over the downed body.

His answer also gives me the name of this place, Brockton Bay. I try to think if the name rings any bells, but sadly it doesn't. Which leaves me back at square one. My good mood lowered a little bit from the basically useless information.

"He's gonna be knocked out for a good minute too, even with the regeneration factor. The venom coursing in him is slowing it down by a lot. That's not even counting the beating you gave him. By the time he wakes up he's gonna be in for a rude awakening," The blonde girl tells us with a grin, while looking over the ledge. Said grin goes down when looking at me again. A confused look crossed over her features again as her brows knit together.

A feeling of wanting to tell her to stop looking at me surfaces before I remember it just being a disability of hers. Must be hard to live like that all the time.

I also feel a little bit of relief knowing Lung can regenerate, seeing as I went a little bit extra on him at the end. He just wouldn't stay down with me holding back too much. Though the thought of venom in his system does worry me a little bit.

"I believe some introductions are in order now. My name is Grue, that's Tattletale, Bitch, name based on her preference, is over there with the dogs, and lastly is Regent," Grue introduces his teammates while pointing to each one of the people on the rooftop.

Must be codenames or something, what a bunch of weird people. Of course, I don't have any room to talk seeing as I just go by Phantom at this point. I squeeze the invisible container in my hand. He also went by Phantom in the future.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth knowing we both are similar in names. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it.

Grue looks over to me and the unknown person, probably waiting for a response. We wait but the person still doesn't answer. Guess it's up to me to talk first.

"Since tall, dark, and brooding isn't going to answer first, I will. The name is Phantom, one and only hero of Amity Park," I tell them. Throwing in the name of my hometown since they might have heard of me. Maybe they could even give me directions there.

I'm really just grasping onto any straws at this point. The need to go home is still at the front of my mind.

The only response is the stillness of their bodies as I give my introduction. Maybe they have heard of me after all. Hopefully good things, but the quietness filling the air makes it seem like they might have only heard the bad things. Well, actually it isn't completely quiet seeing as how there is a buzzing from the bugs all around the rooftop.

"Phantom huh, interesting name you picked. But we got to go since it is getting pretty late," Tattletale says in a curt tone. The rest of them get back onto the spiky dogs to start leaving without much of a word. It leaves me a little confused at the sudden awkwardness on the rooftop.

"Well, alright then. See you guys later or something," I respond with a wave as the dogs leap into the streets vanishing into some alleyways. Dang those things are quick to disappear. I float myself down to land next to the only remaining person on the roof. Noticing that they are taller than me by a couple of inches, "Man they were in a rush, you think it was something I said."

The figure looks at me for a moment before slamming a palm to their face. Leaving me to wonder what their problem is.

A/N: Alrighty a little bit to unpack this chapter. Not much since it was short though.

I'll start first with the obvious detail of Tattletales power acting a little strange with Danny. I'll probably give a POV later with her details from this chapter when looking at him. Since it did give her information, but nothing that made sense to her.

Regent obviously was just being regent about things. I feel like if given the chance he would say something like this for the fun of it.

For those that may think it was stupid for Danny to announce his hometown, he mainly did it to see if anybody recognized it. If they did he would then ask where it is and just speed over there. He still doesn't realize he isn't even in his world or reality anymore. So it doesn't really matter anyway.

Next chapter will be Armsmaster, so stay tuned for that.

Thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter.

Back