• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Chapter 2: Meeting Strange People
POV: Danny

A pair of beasts jumped up onto the roof with me and the still unnamed individual. I narrowed my eyes upon the sight of the strange looking creatures. I'm used to strange sights because of all the nut jobs that come out of the Ghost Zone.

Yet these things definitely top the cake when it comes to looking downright gross. The size of them reminds me of Cujo after it transforms. At least Cujo still looked like a dog before and after though. The creatures look like some weird amalgamation of a dog and whatever has bony spikes. Maybe a porcupine is the other thing.

The dogs look over at me and start immediately growling, which reminds me that most animals aren't too fond of ghosts. Thankfully a sharp whistle sounds out in the air before they both stop, but still focus a lot of their attention on me. Still sniffing at the air from my direction.

A set of two people from each of the boney dogs jump off onto the rooftop. Each of them are dressed like people with weird fetishes. One looks like he just came out of some renaissance fair. The other guy looks like he decided to take being a biker to the extreme with the dark leathers and weirdly designed biker helmet.

The other two were females as far as I can tell. One was definitely a girl seeing as the skin tight bodysuit didn't leave anything to the imagination and has blonde hair. The other was a little bit harder to tell seeing as she has the body frame of someone like Dash, yet wears a plaid skirt. Accompanied by a cheap dog mask.

Actually they are all wearing masks. I feel a little left out of the party here, but I never saw the need for a mask. Most people in Amity Park couldn't even figure out the connection between my two halves.

The biker fashion person walks over to the long haired individual. I continue to observe them as I see the blonde one looking over at me with a sort of confused look. I look straight back at her with a raised eyebrow. Yet, she doesn't look away causing a frown to form.

"Typically you get to know someone before you have a staring contest with them," I remark loudly, drawing the rest of their attention to me. The one staring looking like they are about to speak before the renaissance guy steps forward slightly.

"Don't mind her, she's a little slow, if you know what I mean. Makes her stare at anything that catches her fancy for a long time," The renaissance one says, but shortly after receives an elbow to his side from the blonde. Yelping from the hit and then laughing quietly.

I feel a little bad myself from calling her out like that.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know your friend had a special condition," I apologize to them. If I knew earlier I would never have been snarky about it. Calling somebody out on a disability is a low move, even Dash would agree on that.

The one who said the statement laughs harder, before doubling over from the straight elbow to his stomach. I wince at the hard elbow and silently give my sympathies for him. Must be hard to take care of her if she lashes out like this all the time too.

"Wait I don't–" The blonde says before getting cut off by the biker. Her look of annoyance now slowly grew on her face, lips setting into a frown.

"Anyway, we came to give thanks for saving us the trouble of fighting Lung. We didn't really have a solid plan for dealing with him and were just gonna hope for the best," The biker thanked us in a muffled voice.

"Uh, who's Lung, was it that matchstick guy?," I ask in confusion. I think they are referring to him, but I don't know anything at all.

"You must be new to Brockton Bay, but yeah Lung is the guy currently laying knocked out on the streets," He answers as the dog mask girl looks over the ledge constantly next to the dogs. Keeping watch over the downed body.

His answer also gives me the name of this place, Brockton Bay. I try to think if the name rings any bells, but sadly it doesn't. Which leaves me back at square one. My good mood lowered a little bit from the basically useless information.

"He's gonna be knocked out for a good minute too, even with the regeneration factor. The venom coursing in him is slowing it down by a lot. That's not even counting the beating you gave him. By the time he wakes up he's gonna be in for a rude awakening," The blonde girl tells us with a grin, while looking over the ledge. Said grin goes down when looking at me again. A confused look crossed over her features again as her brows knit together.

A feeling of wanting to tell her to stop looking at me surfaces before I remember it just being a disability of hers. Must be hard to live like that all the time.

I also feel a little bit of relief knowing Lung can regenerate, seeing as I went a little bit extra on him at the end. He just wouldn't stay down with me holding back too much. Though the thought of venom in his system does worry me a little bit.

"I believe some introductions are in order now. My name is Grue, that's Tattletale, Bitch, name based on her preference, is over there with the dogs, and lastly is Regent," Grue introduces his teammates while pointing to each one of the people on the rooftop.

Must be codenames or something, what a bunch of weird people. Of course, I don't have any room to talk seeing as I just go by Phantom at this point. I squeeze the invisible container in my hand. He also went by Phantom in the future.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth knowing we both are similar in names. Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do about it.

Grue looks over to me and the unknown person, probably waiting for a response. We wait but the person still doesn't answer. Guess it's up to me to talk first.

"Since tall, dark, and brooding isn't going to answer first, I will. The name is Phantom, one and only hero of Amity Park," I tell them. Throwing in the name of my hometown since they might have heard of me. Maybe they could even give me directions there.

I'm really just grasping onto any straws at this point. The need to go home is still at the front of my mind.

The only response is the stillness of their bodies as I give my introduction. Maybe they have heard of me after all. Hopefully good things, but the quietness filling the air makes it seem like they might have only heard the bad things. Well, actually it isn't completely quiet seeing as how there is a buzzing from the bugs all around the rooftop.

"Phantom huh, interesting name you picked. But we got to go since it is getting pretty late," Tattletale says in a curt tone. The rest of them get back onto the spiky dogs to start leaving without much of a word. It leaves me a little confused at the sudden awkwardness on the rooftop.

"Well, alright then. See you guys later or something," I respond with a wave as the dogs leap into the streets vanishing into some alleyways. Dang those things are quick to disappear. I float myself down to land next to the only remaining person on the roof. Noticing that they are taller than me by a couple of inches, "Man they were in a rush, you think it was something I said."

The figure looks at me for a moment before slamming a palm to their face. Leaving me to wonder what their problem is.

A/N: Alrighty a little bit to unpack this chapter. Not much since it was short though.

I'll start first with the obvious detail of Tattletales power acting a little strange with Danny. I'll probably give a POV later with her details from this chapter when looking at him. Since it did give her information, but nothing that made sense to her.

Regent obviously was just being regent about things. I feel like if given the chance he would say something like this for the fun of it.

For those that may think it was stupid for Danny to announce his hometown, he mainly did it to see if anybody recognized it. If they did he would then ask where it is and just speed over there. He still doesn't realize he isn't even in his world or reality anymore. So it doesn't really matter anyway.

Next chapter will be Armsmaster, so stay tuned for that.

Thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter.

Haha.

Speaking of which, Armsmaster looks and behave way too much like less optimistic version of Danny's father.

I wince at the hard elbow and silently give my sympathies for him. Must be hard to take care of her if she lashes out like this all the time too.

"Wait I don't–"

This part is great. Silently giving sympathy is exactly the sort of thing that Lisa's power would pick up on, informing her that he really believes it. Exactly the opposite of what Lisa "Smartest Person in the RoomTM​" Wilbourn would want people to think.

As far as showing Lisa's POV goes I've always seen it as a bit awkward to get right in terms of how her power is written. Showing the constant rabbit holes that it leads her down. I'd imagine it's a bit like trying to write a character that speaks in slang or old shakespearean. It's so outside what you're used to it's difficult from the start and it gets tiring after a while. Good luck with that.

When Bitch is introduced I'd imagined him commenting on it/quipping about it (Maybe just because there's no swearing in the show? Not sure myself here), though immediately after he is preoccupied with thoughts of Dan so it still flows since he's distracted by other thoughts.

I forget whether Taylor knows about the Unwritten Rules at this point so I can see any explanations she gives to Danny being the blind led by the slightly less blind. Fun times ahead.

All the same I'm looking forward to reading more.

Like the story so far, though I think POV names among other things may get confusing as there are two Danny's (Danny Fenton the halfghost and Danny Hebert Taylor's father).

And If Wulf ever shows up Rachel is going to be over the moon.

Never really thought about a fanfic about Danny in worm. It looks like it's off to a good start. I really can't wait to see what he does with future him. It would be kinda amazing if he tried to overshadow him the same way future danny did to clads ghost half somehow and it worked getting him a power boost though I guess him doing that would really be something coming out of left field if attempted now.

it worked getting him a power boost though I guess him doing that would really be something coming out of left field if attempted now.
Base Danny is already very powerful, and even his human form is pretty strong, and he gets stronger when he transforms (which makes him a changer).

His passive powers include super strength, durability, agility, stamina, speed, equilibrium/balance (probably due to his flight and agility), reflexes, and a healing factor.
These powers alone give him a brute, mover, and thinker ratings.

Than he has his base ghost powers which include flying, becoming intangible, invisible, and he can possess objects and people.
That's two extra mover ratings, breaker, stranger, and master rating.
All these powers are even better as he can extend them to others just by touching them (not counting his possession powers), making them even more powerful and versatile.

Then he has his ecto-energy powers which include lasers strong enough to melt steel, a repelling pulse, coating his fists in energy, creating shields, create electric shocks, use energy to increase his already high strength, and his Ghostly Wail.
That's a blaster, striker, and shaker rating added.

Then he has other powers like: duplication, telekinesis, ice powers, infiltrate dreams, manipulate electronics (going into a video game), and can stay underwater without needing air.
Add a master, shaker, blaster, stranger, and I don't know how to further classify some of these.

The only ratings Danny doesn't have, are Trump, and Tinker.
And even then it's more debatable, as Danny has developed new powers over time.

This is a pretty powerful power package, plus Danny is not even all that dumb (though he's pretty lazy), and a reasonably skilled tactician and strategist.

My conclusion, Danny doesn't need a power boost.
edit: One of the big reasons Danny isn't OP in his own series is because most enemies have the same basic powers he has, often those powers are much stronger, or have special technology/weapons that counter those powers, or all of the above.

Last edited:
I never really thought of danny overshadowing a endbringer, but honestly it would probably be easy for him to do so. He was capable of overshadowing his own father who was known to have a strong will power and his father even was resistant to Vlad overshadowing him to for a moment. Danny also overshadowed a Vlad duplicate too and vlad definitely is up there in will power and also being a powerful ghost. So that is one way of taking down an endbringer.

The other way is a ghostly wail, which is honestly one of Danny's most overpowered abilities. We only see it used against ghost and buildings in detail. But I feel if it was used on humans then those people will be leaking out their brains through their ears. Since it counts as a vibrational attack on not only the physical level, but the spiritual level too. Scary stuff for a cartoon character than never really gets to use it. These are just two ways danny can take one down, which is a lot more than most people in worm can even do.

Funny how cartoon characters can be so broken when taken out of their own worlds. Imagine what Timmy Turner can do.
I mean Spongebob is one of the most op characters of all time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back