• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Second Chance (Reincarnation/Crossover)

Delightful, he already knew about at least some of our other skills AND we failed to impress him. I wonder if people will listen next time the GM tells us the options he provides us with suck.

mc2rpg said:
Delightful, he already knew about at least some of our other skills AND we failed to impress him. I wonder if people will listen next time the GM tells us the options he provides us with suck.
It's Joseph. I'm pretty sure he'd be wearing the same unimpressed visage if we suddenly slit our own throats in front of him or proved we could wandlessly transmute gold like a square earth mage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. So, how old do we have to be to have a good chance at killing him and surviving?

Selias said:
Right. So, how old do we have to be to have a good chance at killing him and surviving?
Old enough to seduce (further ideas pending) Sheffield away from him.

X] Search for the spark of willpower.
X] Experiment with forging materials
-X] Consult a blacksmith or an Earth mage or something regarding the composition of various metals.

Also,
X] Observe magical spars in the practice yard.

Biigoh said:
You magic item. She mind of god. How much clearer do you need?
Debatable, we're the reincarnation of the Lesser Grail; and Heaven's Feel as a whole is made of multiple components and uses a completely different magic system than the Brimiric one. Not to mention that there's no instance of something like us interacting with Mind of God runes in FoZ canon.

All the Lesser Grail does is collect and funnel the Servant souls into the Greater Grail, hardly anything all that special; especially since there is no Greater Grail here. The summoning Servants function? Greater Grail. Pathway to the Root? Greater Grail. Command Seals? System made by Matou/Makiri, also done by the Greater Grail.

Sheffield, if she can do anything to us; isn't going to be able to do much. As for the results of the latest update; I'd rather have him force this info from us kicking and screaming rather than just hand it to him. The less he knows, the better; we confirmed something he knew, but we haven't revealed the full extent of what we can do. That's a win in my book; because doing any better is impossible when the Mad King is involved.

Biigoh said:
You magic item. She mind of god. How much clearer do you need?
All I'm able to imagine is Sheffield picking up Charlotte around the knees and trying to use her like a wand.

Alternatively making her drink the blood of mages and then asking for her wish to be granted. [Grail-Kun End]

You know... this distrust of the "mad" king is assuming OOC knowledge of the setting that might not hold true.

We could have been a second dragon working with Sheffield. But no... straight down into canon route. Fuck.... why. -_-;;;;

Losing interest in this Quest.
Fuck Canon.

Biigoh said:
You know... this distrust of the "mad" king is assuming OOC knowledge of the setting that might not hold true.

We could have been a second dragon working with Sheffield. But no... straight down into canon route. Fuck.... why. -_-;;;;
Oh I just don't trust anyone who acts so emotionless like he does unless the absolutely prove that they're on our side, regardless of OOC info; that's just how I roll.

On the second dragon; we can still do that, it's just harder to do while making sure we have an ace in the hole in case things go FUBAR.

Tell me about it. We could have had fun being the evil side for once.

Go look up fate/zero special to see how Iri REALLY is like under Angry Manjew... that is to say... fun.

EnderofWorlds said:
Oh I just don't trust anyone who acts so emotionless like he does unless the absolutely prove that they're on our side, regardless of OOC info; that's just how I roll.

On the second dragon; we can still do that, it's just harder to do while making sure we have an ace in the hole in case things go FUBAR.

Its not a matter of trust. Its a matter of knowing when to hold and when to fold.

He is noted in character as being A LOT more intelligent than you. Able to easily out think you. He has the ability to make you disappear for good into a grave. He has some idea of what you can do. And that its not normal.

And you think its a good idea to hide this? When the DM noted that he would like a write in and one of the two votes was a bad end vote?

Biigoh said:
Its not a matter of trust. Its a matter of knowing when to hold and when to fold.

He is noted in character as being A LOT more intelligent than you. Able to easily out think you. He has the ability to make you disappear for good into a grave. He has some idea of what you can do. And that its not normal.

And you think its a good idea to hide this? When the DM noted that he would like a write in and one of the two votes was a bad end vote?
Then do a write-in the empathizes us being loyal, or focusing on another angle, or something that doesn't show our hand but works out as a better answer.

I abstained because I didn't want to show our hand like you did, the GM said that the given options weren't that good, and I couldn't come up with one I felt was good enough to empathize saying "I will be loyal and can both hunt down and trap my mother".

Lets be honest here... he KNEW that we can heal, he might suspect we can do more. He is effectively confirming what Sheffield told him. And you think my vote confirming it without raising his mistrust is a bad idea?

And yku know we're going to slip up and bit by bit he will know what we can do.

Biigoh said:
Lets be honest here... he KNEW that we can heal, he might suspect we can do more. He is effectively confirming what Sheffield told him. And you think my vote confirming it without raising his mistrust is a bad idea?

And yku know we're going to slip up and bit by bit he will know what we can do.
He knew we can heal, but not to the degree we can heal nor how we actually manage to do so. We didn't reveal decay, the wires, or reinforcement; which is a win in my book.

I get wanting to get on his good side; I just want to do it on our terms, without us giving up too much. As for the gradual slip-ups; that's still more gradual and give us a longer timeframe for our abilities to be hidden aces in the hole rather than outright giving him our capabilities.

In all honesty; even showing off healing wouldn't be that bad, but then you went with showing Reinforcement to force a response. You were trying to show off, and I'm against that. Like I said: I don't trust anyone who's an emotionless shell unless they have outright shown and proven to be on our side.

Da Faq? Elf teacher get?

[ ] Search for the spark of willpower.
[ ] Practice your body arts.

[ ] Meet with your tutor for extra lessons, show him your prana manipulation.

Don't particularly care all too much about forging to be honest, what with gradation air being kinda useless in the hands of not Shirou. Also somewhat wary about this social action. Could give us a bonus to nasuverse magic development by letting us practice in our not free time as well as something for the tutor to do while we find our spark, or it could make him think we're the void mage and whisk us off to elf-land which admittedly might be an interesting development and divergence.

Of course I could be completely off and our tutor isn't Bidashal. No mention of ears after all.

[X] Search for the spark of willpower.
[X] Practice your body arts.

[X] Meet with your tutor for extra lessons, show him your prana manipulation.

If we keep the prana stuff as an ace in the hole, we need to get better and the stuff we're going to show.
Plus if the tutor really is the elf we might be able to learn some interesting stuff by showing him the pranastuff. Might be an interesting diversion from canon too.

[X] Observe magical spars in the practice yard.

[X] Experiment with forging materials.

[X] Track down Sheffield for a conversation.
- [X] So, what's this mission going to be like?
- [X] "So, what do you do for Uncle? I mean, what you do with your sword... it's not normal. Nor is what I do with my healing. It shouldn't be possible to pull your sword out of 'thin air', it'd be like having some sort of portable hole or pocket outside of reality."

Villain route, go!
On the other stuff, accessing willpower early would get us a lot of prestige and getting more materials has the potential to open up new options, while the rest is more or less just improving skills we already have.

HighMongrel said:
Don't particularly care all too much about forging to be honest, what with gradation air being kinda useless in the hands of not Shirou.
It's not Gradation Air.
It's not useless.
Shirou doesn't use Gradation Air either.

Pipeman said:
It's not Gradation Air.
It's not useless.
Shirou doesn't use Gradation Air either.
Huh, I was confusing it with the whole creation bit in the skill, and the mentions of limiting to bronze right now.

If you're taking about the wire stuff, no it's not useless. If you're taking about Gradation air, then it's more effective to transmute stuff. For the wires we could just carry around a steel plate or sword.

Projection is a variation of gradation air.

Villain route... hahahahahahhahahahahaha...

Please Pipeman, it's a pipe dream with the way people vote here. If we end up a villain, it's more likely by accident. Can't you hear it? Uncle is a creepy emotionless doll, but a guy! So, totes not trustworthy. Sheffield is a creepy yandere bloodknight who cut up the main character and has said she's going to kill the main character if she is not entertained.

It's in theory possible, but HARD thanks to people who like to hide information, who REFUSE to socialize with the Uncle or Sheffield unless forced to do so....

And it looks like it's going down canon route due to votes. So I don't know.

HighMongrel said:
Huh, I was confusing it with the whole creation bit in the skill, and the mentions of limiting to bronze right now.

If you're taking about the wire stuff, no it's not useless. If you're taking about Gradation air, then it's more effective to transmute stuff. For the wires we could just carry around a steel plate or sword.

Projection is a variation of gradation air.
Was talking about the wire stuff.

And Shirou never managed projection.
He wasn't insanely talented at projection.
He was doing projection so wrong, it wasn't even projection anymore.

I will note that I do NOT fucking trust the tutor. That bastard is setting us up to be killed by the King. Any AMBITIONS or even the NOTION for the throne is something you should NOT say out loud or even be hinting to have. That he is FUCKING saying future queen? He's saying fuck off and die, politely.

Politics.

Social
[X] Track down Sheffield for a conversation.
- [X] So, what's this mission going to be like?
- [X] "So, what do you do for Uncle? I mean, what you do with your sword... it's not normal. Nor is what I do with my healing. It shouldn't be possible to pull your sword out of 'thin air', it'd be like having some sort of portable hole or pocket outside of reality."

I'll be honest, my goal right now is either black ops princess or gallian research princess and the only reason I'm not voting for Sheffield social action is because there's still 3 months after this action before our trial.

Biigoh said:
I will note that I do NOT fucking trust the tutor. That bastard is setting us up to be killed by the King. Any AMBITIONS or even the NOTION for the throne is something you should NOT say out loud or even be hinting to have. That he is FUCKING saying future queen? He's saying fuck off and die, politely.

Politics.

Biigoh said:
Please Pipeman, it's a pipe dream with the way people vote here. If we end up a villain, it's more likely by accident. Can't you hear it? Uncle is a creepy emotionless doll, but a guy! So, totes not trustworthy. Sheffield is a creepy yandere bloodknight who cut up the main character and has said she's going to kill the main character if she is not entertained.

It's in theory possible, but HARD thanks to people who like to hide information, who REFUSE to socialize with the Uncle or Sheffield unless forced to do so....

lol.

[X] Experiment with forging materials

[X] Hypnotism: You remember being able to influence the mind of non-magi as a trivial task. This could provide an ability that has little local equivalent or defense.

What else do asyou want to do? (Social.)

We are going to need combat skills soon.

On that note why haven't we heard anything about having a cousin? Does she not exist in this timeline? If so we are the heir to the throne.

HighMongrel said:
I'll be honest, my goal right now is either black ops princess or gallian research princess and the only reason I'm not voting for Sheffield social action is because there's still 3 months after this action before our trial.

You... do realize that Sheffield is most likely the head of Gallia's Black Ops which happens to be disguised as an "assassin" guild? And that SOCIAL actions directed at Sheffield works towards those goals?

cyberswordsmen said:
On that note why haven't we heard anything about having a cousin? Does she not exist in this timeline? If so we are the heir to the throne.

Note that he stated that we are NOT unique as a possible princess of Gallia. I suspect that we DO have a cousin, miss "not going to socialize with anyone beyond mommy, kitties and this maid".

Biigoh said:
You... do realize that Sheffield is most likely the head of Gallia's Black Ops which happens to be disguised as an "assassin" guild? And that SOCIAL actions directed at Sheffield works towards those goals?

Yep, and I'm planning on talking to her and such in the other 3 months. I'm honestly not convinced that asking her will do us any favors in her book though, what with the whole acting dependent and stuff. More likely I just see her laughing at us or lying about it completely. The other part of your vote I like though.

Also, we're somewhat off canon already, given that joey doesn't have nearly as much leverage on us as he did in canon.

Why exactly should not ask her now when we still have some time to actually prepare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back