• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Second Chance. What's going on?

Re: A Second Chance. Will you take it?

With Your Knees, Not Your Back: I'm pretty sure this is some kind of lifting and carrying trait. Maybe like D&D where in there is so much weight you can carry and you don't get tired? Perhaps its more like your strength is a few dots higher then it actually is so you can carry more and safely with out strain.

Wall O' Muscle: We look buff, and potentially we are stronger... but I'm not partial to either option. The only one I could see as being useful and something worth buying if it turned out to be that is you can add your strength stat to your defence stat or soak stat. That one would be useful. We could then tank a lot better.

Burning Fist Full of Passion: We actually physically get stronger or weaker by how emotional we are. Crying weakens us while enthusiasm strengthens us.

Lightning Jabs: We can probably put our full strength behind even our weakest looking punch. So we can punch as fast as we want while still punching strongly.

Jack in the Box: We can probably leap very well. From a completely still position. Perhaps we may have to be crouched but maybe not. Also it could be we can attack from full cover and get a surprise round?

Quick Draw: Our fleetness of foot now also determines how fast we can draw a weapon... not that useful as yet since we don't really have a weapon we can use...

Spider Climb: Seriously? Can we actually get that? This really only has one definition to it. And if it works then its a moderate improvement to our mobility. We can already run up crossbow bolts in flight but with this we could probably simply run up and down walls with no problem.

With Heavens Tread: I'm not sure. Could be we could walk on air? Could not. Thats the only one I can think of though and it does fit the situation since it does take air affinity... which we can actually pick up since we have had affiliation with flying opponents... namely the guy we just named.

Lightning Quick Threads: I literally don't know. If it was treads that would be one thing but threads? *shrugs*

Tough Stuff: Need I say more? We get better defense and more life points in fights and to survive ambushes.

Bone of Stone: Our bones don't break? I can't see that since stone is actually more likely to break then actual bone but thats probably what the trait is supposed to mean...

The Earth's Blessing: Someone else is going to have to guess...

For artificial improvements we are going to want to be very careful to not spend those on techniques. Our best asset is we learn and improve really fast on skills so "wasting" points on things we can improve with a little training while other things like traits that we can't pick up or affinities we can't pick up from actual learning? Well lets try and focus on the things that lead best to our long term improvement... so probably focus a bit on affinity this time right now I should think?

We can probably pick up wind, fire, and earth right now. I'm not sure we can pick up water or lighting... I'll have to reread the thread again to check but we might be able to get lightning... I'm not too sure.

As for attribute points?

I'm thinking:
+1 Luck
+1 Intuition
+2 Analysis

Focus mostly right now on our Mental Attributes that are not exactly lacking but are certainly able to use a boost. Our physical attributes right now actually get a boost from the artifact to max or superhuman levels but our mental attributes... well they haven't improved and I don't see them improving much more on their own. With training we might be able to improve our physical attributes but our mental ones? And luck? Not seeing those improving any time soon.

Our intuition right now is already good, best to bump that up to peak human I'm pretty sure it deals with a lot of unseen mundane walking around checks. Tie that in with an analysis of 4 and we should be having our Main character in general steer clear of danger that he can't handle. He is more then aware that trouble will come looking for him but knowing which type of trouble he can handle and being able to pick which kind he gets in trouble with... well that will save his life more then a 10 in agility ever would.

If at all possible we may want to put 1 point into Luck every couple of levels or so. Better to be lucky then good. Better still to be Lucky and Good.

So for those other points:

We might want to focus on grabbing elemental affinities while we are still just starting off. So two elements: one of which should be wind and I am favoring lighting for a speed focus like we are built.

Then we have one point left over for the Jack in the Box trait. Unless we can save it? Eh, better not.

Our mental stats right now are above average... I want to spend this chance to improve that to positively peak human in most things. If we do just that then we will have an much easier time figuring out this masquerade. Being able to tell if your walking into an ambush so you know to dodge rather then being caught flat footed? Thats going to save his life more then a 10 in agility ever would in my opinion...

[me=Latewave]notes the miscommunication.[/me]

Oops.

Uh sorry the Attribute points are used for the traits like With Your Knees Etc You just kinda rolled poorly on the amount.. The other points are used to upgrade the rings to upgrade your stuff. :p

Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latewave said:
[me=Latewave]notes the miscommunication.[/me]

*notices post*
:D
*see's content*
???
*looks back at two page's of thanks to GM for adding in attribute improvements*
:'(
*spends minute recovering*
:notfunny:

Oops.

Uh sorry the Attribute points are used for the traits like With Your Knees Etc You just kinda rolled poorly on the amount.. The other points are used to upgrade the rings to upgrade your stuff. :p

Sorry.

Alright in that case:

[X] Tough Stuff: endurance for carrying a heavy load? Thank you~!
[X] Jack in the Box: eh, spend the point somewhere and I wanted to see what it did anyways, better then spending it on a skill we could improve with training...

[X] Wind Elemental Affinity
[X] Lightning Elemental Affinity

Two speed aligned elements. Might as well. That is our best attribute overall.

Uh. You haven't encountered anything with elemental alignments to unlock any of those?

Latewave said:
Uh. You haven't encountered anything with elemental alignments to unlock any of those?

Huh? What about the *flying* angel guy?

He was just doing the same thing he did with his arms. :p It's not elemental.

If he was using a gusts of wind I'd allow it.

You can always bank the points if you want.

[X] Tough Stuff: endurance for carrying a heavy load? Thank you~!
[X] Jack in the Box: eh, spend the point somewhere and I wanted to see what it did anyways, better then spending it on a skill we could improve with training...
[X] Bank the rest, lets see what we can improve later when we can actually do some things with these points... :p

Hmm... We hit level 3, so we're pretty low on the totem pole, we'll get more points.

For now, wind affinity looks useful to aim for...

[X] Quick Draw-I think Jack in the Box is contortionism. This, on the other hand, will be godly for improvised/ranged weapons. With the whole copying power there's probably a lot we can do with a big arsenal assuming it's not just unarmed strikes.

[X] Cavitation Power +1

Bank other artifact points for the moment.

Range+ and stinger suggest a ranged attack. Given our speed and evasion, staying away and hitting at range is probably our best option. Maybe a waste, but we'll get plenty more points and its a basic upgrade. For all we know it unlocks more invisible options or the like.

Want to definitely save enough for wind ASAP and maybe lightning soon too.

Edit: Name vote

[X] Gabriel

[X] Quick Draw-I think Jack in the Box is contortionism. This, on the other hand, will be godly for improvised/ranged weapons. With the whole copying power there's probably a lot we can do with a big arsenal assuming it's not just unarmed strikes.

[X] Cavitation Power +1

Bank the other artifact points.

Darkened said:
Range+ and stinger suggest a ranged attack. Given our speed and evasion, staying away and hitting at range is probably our best option. Maybe a waste, but we'll get plenty more points and its a basic upgrade. For all we know it unlocks more invisible options or the like.

Stinger is a dashing punch attack that we copied from the guy we just fought. I think cavitation is better to invest in, because armor is the one thing we are not particularly effective against. We can rely on our current mobility to close in, so stinger upgrades aren't really necessary for initiating fights.

mc2rpg said:
Stinger is a dashing punch attack that we copied from the guy we just fought. I think cavitation is better to invest in, because armor is the one thing we are not particularly effective against. We can rely on our current mobility to close in, so stinger upgrades aren't really necessary for initiating fights.

Fair enough, changed my vote. Though that does make it kinda tempting to max the speed on that to see what happens.

[X] Bank the rest, lets see what we can improve later when we can actually do some things with these points... :p

[X] Cavitation Power +1

[X] Cavitation Power +1

"Then I think your name should be Gabriel."

"Eh, he'd hate it. So it's perfect then, onwards to the Health Clinic. Not that they can actually see us there but I know someone there that can help out. I'll owe her another favor. Wait… She's always trying for my name. I can use that against her for once. Maybe I can come out ahead in our deals for once."

Gabriel's eyes take on a manic gleam of glee.

"This time I won't have to fix her hair or buy her shiny things or whatever she feels like ordering me to do for her today. This time I'll take her shopping and won't let her buy anything. Yesss. Or maybe I'll make her give me a pedicure instead. Finally I won't have to be her servant."

You honestly don't know if you want to ask what's going on there. It looks like Gabriel is an idiot in his own way and doesn't notice the fact he has a girlfriend. Or you could just be reading it wrong and she's just enjoying dominating the half demon. You honestly don't have enough to actually know.

However you're making way towards an old worn out shopping mall area. It's pretty much empty of shops. There might be two total that seem to be in business. One seems to be an Asian Massage parlor and the other is the Health Clinic. It definitely seems to have had better days. It's sign is half lit and the letters look to be just a little bit away from falling off the wall.

This bodes well? It's not like you really have a choice about where you can go now is it? However the choice is taken away from you as Gabriel kicks the door in.

"Hey Lili, I need another favor. Could you get out here and fix me up? I may have broken something."

You can hear a rolling sound. One of those rolling chairs maybe? You can see a girl standing on a chair as it rolls down the hallway.

"Greeting I am-"

The rolling chair hits a door frame and she topples onto you. Oh god the pain.

"Oh I'm so sorry I didn't mean to. I thought it was just the idiot. Let me get a look at you I can totally fix it."

She quickly removes your shirt before you can even notice her move. She rubs her hands over your skin and sometimes pushes down slightly.

"Cold related damage, broken lower rib, nothing punctured thank goodness, so no internal bleeding to worry about. So I'm guessing the idiot punched you, right?"

Before you can even respond she turns to Gabriel and glares at him.

"Idiot, why'd you hit such a cute guy? Another thing… Oh you're hurt too."

She's definitely not his girlfriend that he's too stupid to notice. She just doesn't like him much. Her hands continue to roam over your body while she makes remarks on his injuries.

"Explosive force damage, definitely have some kind of shrapnel in you, you broke at least three of your ribs from what I can see from here, and at least one of the ribs is keeping you from breathing deeply. You'll owe me a lot this time. I'm thinking paying for a spa trip in Spain maybe."

Gabriel smiles

"How about a counter offer. I'll tell you my name in exchange for free service. How about that?"

You can see a feral glint in her eyes and then you feel her pinch your butt. Didn't the Imp say something about not telling people your name?

"That seems to be a fair deal. Now then, what is your name my dear idiot?"

You might get involved but obviously the half demon knows what he's doing right? Right?

[]Offer something else in exchange
[]Let Gabriel make his own mistakes.
[]Grope the witch back.

GM note: I did in fact update the window of upgrades and things

[X]Grope the witch back.

[X]Grope the witch back.
- [X] There are two plenty cute guys right here, right now... How about we do you some 'Service' together?

[X]Grope the witch back.
-[X] There are two plenty cute guys right here, right now... How about we do you some 'Service' together?

[X]Grope the witch back.
- [X] There are two plenty cute guys right here, right now... How about we do you some 'Service' together?

[X]Let Gabriel make his own mistakes.

It looks like we can upgrade Stinger into an armor piercer (then Raikiri) fairly easily.

irc said:
(11:05:45 AM) Latewave: Distance one, Speed two, pierce two

(11:09:01 AM) Latewave: distance Two, Speed Three, Lightning 2 Piecre two

For first and second upgrades. This was noted to be pretty cheap for the effect.

That said, apparently we can spend points even in mid-battle, so I'd like to aim for this but not go toward it until we have that lightning affinity unless we see a need for armor piercing and have the points.

No sense in grabbing stuff early if we just lose the ability to grab something which might be needed instead. (Abilities are cool, but until we need those abilities unspent points have more liquidity and are therefore better.)

[X]Grope the witch back.

The witch doesn't resist the grope to her butt. She even enjoys it a little until she hears your suggestion. A look of distaste appears on her face.

"If you'd have come to me with that offer about a year ago maybe, as it is now? I know the idiot too well. He's been such a pain that I'd rather just see him suffer. He's also more dense than some of the rocks around here."

Despite her distaste for Gabriel her hands don't stop moving. Her fingertips feel warmer somehow as they lightly drag over your skin softly massaging you. She leans onto you and whispers into your ear.

"We might be able to come to an agreement. A service for a service."

She nips at your ear before letting her hand roam over your body some more. Her other hand begins tracing your jawline as she pulls you closer.

"Oy. Get a room. Some of us over here are waiting on being fixed."

The moment is ruined by an idiot.

"I'll show you fixed you, you, idiot. I'll turn you into a toad you idiot. I was this close. This close"

She waves her hand around and tosses a nearby book at Gabriel.

Gabriel just walks off into one of the examination rooms.

Lili just huffs for a second before composing herself. She sighs for a second and gives you a kiss on the forehead. She gets off of you and helps you to your feet. Not before getting one more grope on you of course.

"I'm sorry about that I don't normally have people coming in and no one near as cute as you and no one is interesting or interested in me so I got a little handsy and I'm sorry. But we haven't really been formally introduced have we? My name is Lilith Darkmoon. Yes it's an awful and stereotypically name but my parents weren't creative in the least."

She has to take in a deep breathe over that massive run on of a sentence but at least she means well.

You've been lead to an empty examination room.

"I'll be back in a bit. It'll take me a few minutes to pump enough magic into him so he'll shut up and heal and then I'll be right back. Hopefully he won't be a frog by the next time you see him… However I make no guarantees on his mouth. Sorry."

She turns to leave before hesitating for a second.

"One before I go wouldn't be too bad."

Quickly she spins around to catch you in a deep kiss.

"I'll see you in a bit."

And then she telekinetically gropes your butt as she closes the door. She's a cheeky little thing.

[]Wait patiently for her to return.
[]Plan revenge on the pretty witch when she returns.
[]Wonder if Gabriel is stupid enough to give his name away.
[]Wonder why you don't feel like you have a broken rib.
[]Write in.

[X]Plan revenge on the pretty witch when she returns.

She's a useful ally to have.

[X]Plan "revenge" on the pretty witch when she returns.

[X]Plan revenge on the pretty witch when she returns.

[X]Wait patiently for her to return.

She's had you on the defensive the entire time you've known her. It's time to give her a little taste of her own medicine.

You wait a bit until she come back. Mind full of evil plotting and designs.

"I'm back. Now to see to you. This won't hurt a bit."

Her hands are glowing a slight green. She begins to move closer to you. Just within range you can act. You hands flash out faster than she can see and pulls her onto the bed with you.

She sighs for a moment.

"You cheeky little. Let me finish healing you then I'll-"

You cut her off with a deep kiss. She pulls off your shirt and lets her hands get to work. You can feel a weird warmth in your abdomen as her hands wander. She's still trying to heal you. Of course that means you aren't distracting her enough so you decide to let you hands roam under her shirt.

*Fade to Black*

That was intense. You certainly weren't expecting for things to go that far. It's nothing to worry about anyways. Neither of you are complaining.

"You know after that you don't get the option of paying with anything else right?"

She pats you on the head.

"Service for a Service deal is locked in."

She gives you a light kiss on the forehead.

*A value has been changed in your favor*

A few light telekinetic gropes occur as you get redressed. As you leave she calls out to you.

"Don't forget to visit. I'll miss you if you don't."

She blows a kiss towards you.

Gabriel waits outside the building.

"Took you long enough."

You are fully healed and not rested at all but, hey beggars can't be choosers now can they?

[]Finally make your way to the shopping mall?
[]Be attacked by something. Again?
[]Read the fucking newspaper. Like a Boss.
[]Ask Gabriel why someone wanted you dead
[]Go home and go to bed.
[]Write in?

[X]Ask Gabriel why someone wanted you dead

[X]Be attacked by something. Again?

[X] Purchase Force
[X] Finally make your way to the shopping mall?

Yeah~! A force affinity! Telekinesis is cool to have! :D I kind of expected the Fade to Black since this in the normal forum rather then the NSFW one. Excellent update!

[X]Be attacked by something. Again?

You walk a few blocks in complete silence. You attempt the break the silence several times but it feels so awkward to try.

You begin your latest attempt when you hear some sort of weird beeping. A tri tonal blep bloop boop noise. You look at Gabriel to see if he can hear it as well when something speeds above your head.

It's a flying saucer. The fuck. It's a tiny flying saucer. The absolute fuck. Gabriel is just dumbfounded.

"She didn't slip me anything did she? You can see this right bro? I'm not high or anything right?"

There is a pleading tone in his voice. He's desperately trying to not crack up. You nod and state that you see this as well.

The saucer sits there in front of you for a while and then it flashes blue once. Then yellow. Then a creature beams out of it. It's some weird three eyed green humanoid. It makes some weird sounds like it's trying to talk to you.

And then your fairy pops out from behind your head.

"Hey you can't talk about Marc's mother like that. She certainly hasn't been to Rigel 3 and was most certainly a nice lady and would never do that with a Grabnar. You perverted little troll."

It's saying what about your mother?

The little green man starts making rude gestures with it's little tentacle hand things. Are those hands? Seriously this is weird.

"Suck your bleblok? That's disgusting. Marc squish him. Squish him now."

The alien makes a gesture you understand well without having it be translated.

Fuck you is well known in every language it seems.

You aren't going to let this foul mouthed little bastard get away with this are you?

[]Squish the fucker.
[]Break his little spaceship with his face.
[]Take advantage of your stinger and punt him back into space.
[]Don't murder the annoyance.
[]Tell Gabriel to kill it.
[]Write in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back