• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

A Second Chance. What's going on?

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Run.

Don't stop.

If you stop you're dead.

How did it come to this? What did you do?

You feet...

Latewave

No one remembers who I am anymore.
Run.

Don't stop.

If you stop you're dead.

How did it come to this? What did you do?

You feet pound the pavement as you dodge through alleyways, around trashcans and parked cars.

Your pursuer doesn't need to.

After all he can just run straight through them smashing everything out of his way.

If it's even a him. You aren't quite sure.

It resembles sort of a Scorpion mixed with a bit of crocodile with some human put in as an afterthought.

It's not quite the most accurate description but it wants to kill you and that's the part you actually care about here. You don't know why. All you know is that you were walking along. Then it smashed through a wall and started chasing you down.

"Hey, Watch where your going jerk!"

You bumped into a girl in your panic.

You keep running. It's not going to notice her and she won't notice it. She won't even count as existing to that creature. It just passes harmlessly through most people.

You aren't most people. You know this by trial and error. Trial being running the fuck away and error is when it manages to connect with you.

And then, you take a wrong turn.

Dead End.

You turn around quickly.

It's waiting at the mouth of the alley.

Fangs spread wildly out.

It's smiling.

It was waiting for you to make a mistake.

No.

NO.

It- It can't end like this.

The monster walks forward slowly. Enjoying your fear. Or maybe it's being cautious. That another predator is waiting to swoop in and devour you.

Does it matter?

Pain.

Intense pain.

It just put it's arm through your chest.

"Sorry kid. Just following orders."

It's the last thing you hear.

Everything fades to black.

You blink and wake up.

But aren't you dead.

A voice pops in.

"Not quite."

"Well, let me rephrase that you are quite dead. Deader then many things. However you are in luck."

Luck?

"Why yes. I'm here to offer you a choice."

You manage to get a look at the voice speaking to you.

It's a man with a leaf on his head.

"I was given a bit of power to offer you this choice. Enough that I could catch you before you well passed to the other side."

"What do you want?" You croak out.

"Personally? Nothing. I'm just here to offer the deal to you. As long as I give you the choice I benefit."

"What do you-"

"Shush, let me offer you the choice before you waste all the time you have."

You shut up.

"Congratulations. You were given a second chance at life. Not many people are. And certainly not the way you are getting it. You'll
be raised from the dead. Well not quite you. That body back there is rather dead. You'll be getting a new one."

"But that's not the choice. The choice is simple. Live or die. I warn you. If you choose to live, you'll not have a normal life. You'll attract the strangest people. Deal with monsters. You'll be a plaything of Destiny and Fate."

"It will be a hard life. Not that you won't enjoy it or it won't be fun. But you won't be able to run away from the weirdness. It will follow you where ever you go."

"But it is a second chance."

"It's not much of a choice."

"It's still your choice."

"I choose to live."

"Good choice. Now then. Shall we get starting in making a new you?"

"What?"

"You can't go back to that old body. It's already on it's way to the morgue."

"Why?"

"Someone found your body. I did say you had a time limit after all. But let's start from the basics. You seemed to be good at
running. You want to keep that? Or do you want to change it for something else?"

"I. I don't understand what you are asking."

"Sigh. I never get to fleshcraft like I'd want to."

The world shifts.

A video panel thing appears in front of you. It has several sliders with different things written on it.

Strength - 2

Agility - 3

Endurance - 2

Luck - 1

Points left 3

"If you are wondering those numbers are basically you in a nutshell. All about your physicality and whatnot. You can freely change
those as you please. Also that luck does explain why you ended up dead."

You play with the sliders to your satisfaction.

Moving down the panel a little bit you notice a Trait Window?

Shounen Hero? Harem Protag?

The Narrator eyes the evil Tanuki.

And the normal traits pop back in.

King's Intuition? Favored by Luck? A Lovely Stranger? Better Lucky then Skilled? Talented? Fleet-footed, STRONG?

You don't have a clue.

And then there were those hidden things.

You eye the guy warily before you ask about the traits.

You may pick 3 traits.

Sliding down even more. Man, making a whole new you is taking forever.

Mental abilities?

Learning - 1

Analysis -1

Intuition -1

Empathy - 3

Unused points 6

"You are a dense derp. At least you aren't an awful person however."

You notice something popping in.

Secret Menu?

You eye the man. He doesn't seem to notice.

Options?

Magick Memory, That's Not What Happened, I Know What You Know, RPG Icon, It's All A Game.

You can pick two.

"Now that is taken care of. What's your name. Not your old one. You can't use that one again. It'd look a bit off now.

[X] Insert Male Name here.

"Now then. Let's start the first day of your new life."

The man walks over to you.

And taps you in the head.

You wake up again.

This time in a bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: A Second Chance. Will you take it?

[X] Stats: Strength 2, Agility 3, Endurance 2, Luck 4

[X] Favored by Luck
[X] Harem Protagonist
[X] King's Intuition

[X] Mental abilities: Learning 3, Analysis 2, Intuition 3, Empathy 4

[X] It's All A Game
[X] That's Not What Happened

[X] Marc Blacach

Marc Blacach

Artifacts:

Arila and Undris.
A pair of rings that have the ability to seemly absorb and copy skills from opponents. You don't quite know the exact parameters of how this ability works or when it works. You are currently calling the theme of the ring Adaption.

Combat Abilities:

Boxing Mode - The style stolen from the Half Demon.
Allows the use of three moves that you know of.

-Cavitation: The explosive punch you finished the Half Demon with. It's most effective against single armored targets.

-Rising: Uppercut that wreaths you in energy. It's reacting with something

-Stinger: A dashing punch that makes use of your absurd speed. Not very effective against armor.

-Meteor: A meteoric fall from the heavens that smashes enemies into the ground. Really effective against flying things.

-Force Shield: Creates a shield about the size of a riot shield. Durability is about the same.

-Force Smash: Projects a 5ft by 5ft wall of force that flings everything it hits back. Has a range of a couple feet away from you. Might be able to use it to play tennis with the right timing.

-Hurricane: A field of swirling destruction surrounding you. Is both a defensive and offensive move. It's strong enough to lift grown men off their feet at this level.

-Tailwind: A swift wind at your back aiding your movements. Can also slightly deflect flying debris and things away from you.

-Shocking: Your body is filled with lightning. Anything touching you or touching something conductive get's a rather nasty shock. Heh, Shock. It's reacting with another move

-Arcing: You send off near random bolts of lightning.

Physical Stats:

Strength:
2 (4)
The measure of how strong a character is.
At Two, Marc is about as strong as your average working joe.
At Four, Marc is at the level where even the most punch happy fighters would rather walk the other way then try fighting. Well Humans anyways. He's still kinda weak by supernatural standards. He can't throw cars around you see?

Agility: 5 (6)
The measure of how agile, quick and dexterous you are.
At Five, Marc is way past peak human and into the supernatural stages of agility.
At Six, Marc is in the absurd status of agility. Capable of feats like running on crossbow bolts as well as running/walking on top of chain link fences. Anime. :p

Endurance: 2 (4)
The measure of how long you can keep on going on.
At Two, Marc is pretty average but humans are still endurance monsters to begin with. Heh
At Four, Marc is starting to realize how much of an endurance monsters humans are. Fuck Yeah Willpower.

Luck: 2
Measure of how lucky you are. Generates a swing for a success.
At Two, While Marc won't win the lottery anytime soon. He will be less liable to be random death crushed by monsters.

Average: 4
For overall physicality Marc ranges about the Captain America Level. Peak human.

Mental traits.

Learning: 5
Ma'am. I don't know how to break this to you but, Your son, He picks things up so quickly. You might need to have him tested.

Analysis: 2
He's no Sherlock. But given the clues and a reasonable amount of time he'll be able to figure out a puzzle.

Intuition: 3
On the other hand. His gut feelings? They tend to be right. Trust in your Gut Young padawan. It knows well.

Empathy: 2
The ability to empathize with others. At this stage he's able to control his sarcasm and even pretend to be interested in what people have to say to him. He even feels bad sometimes. Sometimes.

Mental Average: 3.
On the other hand he's no genius save with running. He's above average when it comes to brains still. Other people can run circles around him if he rolls bad still.

Perks

For the perks you get relevant quotes.

A Lovely Stranger
I'll take my chance on a beautiful stranger. I looked into your eyes. And my world came tumbling down. You're the devil in disguise

Fleet Footed
Marc has absurd balance. This and his agility allow him to literally run pretty much everywhere without having to take a penalty roll to see if something happens like falling.

Quick Draw
The hand is faster then the eye. Well for you that's an understatement. You can react faster on the draw. No penalties for pulling a weapon for you.

Talented
When Marc rolls to learn new skills, he gains a modifier to increase how much he learns at one point. So instead of starting from 0 and going to 1. He treats it as 0 going to 2 or even 3 if he rolls well enough.

Road to Victory
If there is a safe path through a location Marc can see it and take it. Considering Marc's stats there are very few times where the Road To Victory won't be available to use.

That's Not What Happened
Simply put, the ability to rewrite an action. Whether it's preventing you from getting hit or maybe even rewriting the day it's a good thing.

It's All A Game
Allows use of Inventory. Enables Game Cliches such as Random Encounters. Ensures that relevant shops exist.

Infinite Inventory
Poisoned? Knife
A knife that is covered in an unknown purple liquid. No one has any clue what the liquid is so we are going to just call it poison and leave it at that for now.

Newspaper
You should read this. It may have relevance. It may not. But it's useless either way if you don't read it.

Weird Coins
Made of some silvery metal.

Bottle of red stuff
It's full of a red liquid. The viscosity reminds you of blood.

Playing Card
It looks like a normal playing card. It's the Ace of Hearts. It feels odd to the touch.

Red like Roses
What's this?

Lullaby to hell, babe.

Plot Threads Quests

Why were you Murdered? You weren't anyone special.

What's with the rings.

Find a job?

Physical

Current Points:0

Strength
With Your Knees, Not Your Back Cost 3 Requires STR 2
Wall O' Muscle Cost 4 Requires STR 4
Locked Burning Fist Full of Passion Cost 4 Requires STR 4 Fire Affinity
Locked Lightning Jabs Cost 4 Requires STR 4 Lightning Affinity

Agility
Jack in the Box Cost 1 Requires AGL 3
Quick Draw Cost 4 Requires AGL 4 Bought.
Locked Spider Climb Cost 8 Requires AGL 7
Locked With Heaven's Tread Cost 6 Requires AGL 4 and Wind Affinity
Locked Lightning Quick Threads Cost 6 Requires AGL 4 and Lightning Affinity

Endurance
Tough Stuff Cost 3 Requires END 2
Locked Bone Of Stone Cost 4 Requires END 3 and Earth Affinity
Locked The Earth's Blessing Cost 6 Requires END 4 and Earth Affinity

Luck
Master of Luck cost 12
Born Lucky Cost 6
I'm Captain Tyler cost 15

Artifact Improvements
Current Points: 5
-Cavitation
+Range cost 4
+Power cost 4 Bought
+Power2 cost 4
+Force Affinity cost 2
???

-Rising
+Height cost 2
+Aura cost 2
+Force Affinity cost 2
???????

-Stinger
+Distance cost 1
+Speed cost 3
+Force Affinity cost 2
???????

-Meteor
+Height cost 1
+Dash cost 3
+Force Affinity cost 2
??????

-Force Smash
+Radius cost 1
+Range cost 4
?????

-Force Shield
+Radius cost 2
+Durability cost 3

Elemental Affinity

Currently UnLocked.

Wind Bought. Requires interaction with an elemental force of wind. This could be as easy as making a contract with a Sylph, finding the path in the storm or defeating a massive hurricane elemental.

Water cost 5 Requires interaction with an elemental force of water. This could be as easy as swimming with a selkie, going deepsea diving to places unknown, or outlasting a torrential leviathan.

Currently Locked.

Fire cost 5 Requires interaction with an elemental force of fire. This could be as easy as making out with an Ifrit, braving a volcano, or getting into a fist fight with a lava golem.

Earth cost 5 Requires interaction with an elemental force of earth. This could be as easy as catching a nymph, spelunking in the deep dark, or choking out a living mountain.

Lightning cost 5 Requires interaction with an elemental force of lightning. This could be as easy as flirting with a harpy, dodging lightning bolts or One punching a king of lightning.

Force cost 2 Bought. An affinity for moving things. Applying a force on an object or maybe redirecting force away. Who knows really?

Move pool
Move points 3

Earthquake cost 3
The counter to Meteor. While a meteor falls from the heavens an earthquake erupts from the ground. It's an area of effect ground smash.

Move Fusion cost variable.
The ability to fuse other moves together. The child move will have attributes of the parent moves. Combinations may not come out the way you expect. Caveat emptor.

[X] Darkened

[X] Stats: Strength 1, Agility 4, Endurance, 1, Luck 5

[X] Traits: Fleet-footed, Favored By Luck, Better Lucky than Skilled

[X] Mental Abiliities: Learning 2, Analysis 2, Intuition 4, Empathy 4

[X] Secret Menu: RPG Icon, It's All A Game

[X] Marc Blacach

Min max for luck and getting out of bad situations.

[X] Favored by Luck
[X] A Lovely Stranger
[X] King's Intuition

[X] Mental abilities: Learning 3, Analysis 2, Intuition 4, Empathy 3

[X] Magick Memory
[X] RPG Icon

[X] Marc Blacach

[X] darklord

[X]Strength - 2
[X]Agility - 5
[X]Endurance - 2
[X]Luck - 2

[X] A Lovely Stranger
[X] Fleet Footed
[X] Talented

[X] Mental abilities: Learning 5, Analysis 2, Intuition 3, Empathy 2

[X] Its all a Game
[X] RPG Icon

[X] Marc Blacach

I basically just took Darklords write up and switched out "That's not what happened" with "RPG Icon".

I prefer being able to directly influence out stats at level up over keeping our old body since I believe that's not what happened both doesn't sound good for long term and as I suspect not good if its only use is immediately to keep our old body and just improve it.

My vote is pretty much in hopes that we become the gamer. If you don't get the reference then just look it up under manhwa on Google.

Nobody wants Harem protagonist to try and make a non stupid harem lead?

Harem is attainable without specific traits, it is just more of a challenge.
Other traits are only available at this selection.

[X] Favored by Luck
[X] Better Lucky then Skilled
[x] Harem Protagonist

I want to be the luckiest character possible.

[X] Mental Abiliities: Learning 2, Analysis 2, Intuition 4, Empathy 4

[X] Secret Menu: RPG Icon, It's All A Game

I thought the Harem Protagonist trait is not usable since that one made it vanish or something?

Heaven Canceler said:
I thought the Harem Protagonist trait is not usable since that one made it vanish or something?
This

HypoSoc said:
Harem is attainable without specific traits, it is just more of a challenge.
Other traits are only available at this selection.
Seems to imply that it's still available.

Plus, if you note, it never actually vanished. It's just that more normal one's also popped up.

So, after actually asking the GM what things do:

[X] Plan Darkened

[X]Strength - 2
[X]Agility - 5
[X]Endurance - 2
[X]Luck - 2

[X] A Lovely Stranger, Fleet Footed, Talented

1 luck is bad, but I'd rather have an ability we can actually choose to use rather than relying on gm and external chances for success. High agility+fleet footed should hopefully synergize well. GM confirms that the shounen hero/harem stuff is a joke and not valid picks.

King's intutition is a one off bonus to know a specific important event. Useful but I'd rather something that continues to benefit us.

No clue what A Lovely Stranger is but it seems 'fun' for the GM.

[X]Learning - 5
[X]Analysis -2
[X]Intuition -3
[X]Empathy - 2

Learning is our ability to pick up new skills/etc over time. Picking up new skills faster is pretty amazing though we lose a bit at chargen. Lower analysis can be compensated for via players being cleverish somewhat. Intuition will be nice and we don't really need the high empathy. (It was confirmed we can drop the stats in addition to raising them.)

[X] That's Not What Happened, It's All A Game.

latewave on IRC said:
(10:42:02 PM) Latewave: That's Not What Happened
(10:42:04 PM) Latewave: Well
(10:42:08 PM) Latewave: Think of it this way

(10:42:12 PM) Latewave: It's the Narrator going
(10:42:14 PM) Latewave: Wait
(10:42:21 PM) Latewave: I told it wrong
(10:42:31 PM) Latewave: Aka
(10:42:40 PM) Latewave: If you played the prince of persia

(10:43:51 PM) Latewave: It's all a game
(10:43:54 PM) Latewave: Well
(10:44:07 PM) Latewave: It allows the protag to have
(10:44:10 PM) Latewave: Game Physics
(10:44:42 PM) Latewave: Stuff like finding money on the ground. Or Having an infinite inventory. Or more importantly
(10:44:50 PM) Latewave: Allows him to gain new perks :p

(10:50:39 PM) Latewave: The Rpg introduces a bit of other physics
(10:50:45 PM) Latewave: Like well
(10:50:53 PM) Latewave: Having an internal stat screen
(10:51:00 PM) Latewave: That the Main protag can look at
(10:51:16 PM) Latewave: Or having a visible health meter or Magic meter
(10:51:19 PM) Latewave: things of that nature

So game mechanics is "It's All a Game" and I'll take undoing bad ends/narrative retcons over seeing our stats with RPG hero.
[X] Solitaire Drake

[X] Plan Darkened

[X]Strength - 2
[X]Agility - 5
[X]Endurance - 2
[X]Luck - 2

[X] A Lovely Stranger
[X] Fleet Footed
[X] Talented

[X] Its all a Game
[X] RPG Icon

[X] Marc Blacach

I basically just took Darklords write up and switched out "That's not what happened" with "RPG Icon".

I prefer being able to directly influence out stats at level up over keeping our old body since I believe that's not what happened both doesn't sound good for long term and as I suspect not good if its only use is immediately to keep our old body and just improve it.

Calling it whenever I wake up tomorrow. Or after my twelve hour shift.

Either or.

Well i finally made a QQ acount,i like plan darkened,keep questing im just gonna fiddle with things while this updates.

[X]Strength - 2
[X]Agility - 5
[X]Endurance - 2
[X]Luck - 2

[X] A Lovely Stranger
[X] Fleet Footed
[X] Talented

[X] Its all a Game
[X] RPG Icon

[X] Marc Blacach

Calling it

Plan Darkened won.

So

It's interesting waking up in a new bed. Hell it's weird living in this new apartment. It's nothing like your old apartment. Before you had to deal with the cockroaches and how everything was broken. You had to pay so much a month for it. And this one on the other hand? It's pristine clean. It's weird. You tried to ask about the rent and the landlady laughed at you and told you it was taken care of. It's been taken care of. You can't really get your mind around it. By a mysterious benefactor

You blame the Tanuki. Not that you know it's a Tanuki. But you blame it anyways.

You don't know what to do with yourself.

You have a bunch of important papers on your night table that proof your existence as a human being.

Marc Blacach.

You were born twenty ish years ago. You have medical records of when you broke your knee. A picture of you after surgery for having your appendix removed.

None of which happened.

As far as you can tell. None of these Doctors or people that have their name on your paperwork existed or had existed.

You blame the unknown Tanuki again.

However, that doesn't excuse how antsy you've been feeling. You could really go for a run. But you've been nervous about it. You know that you were told that the sliders effected your body but you haven't really tested it.

You've been afraid.

You don't want to admit it. But you are.

But you have to take that first step. If you don't who knows what will happen.

You do remember what the drawback of the deal was.

You are Fate and Destiny's bitch.

And if they need to set fire to your apartment to get you to leave. They'll do it.

So, You'll take the first step out into the world.

And by first step you mean escaping out the fire escape.

They'd expect you'd to go out the front door. So you won't oblige them. You'll be taking the rooftops. This time if some bastard feels like chasing you down to murder you, you'll have the advantage.

You quickly make it to the rooftop.

You don't feel faster.

You look at the roofs around you can see it. How if you were to flip over there you could run up that wall over there or you could drop down there, slid down that railing and then jump up and bounce pole to pole on your way.

You let a breath out.

You were good at free running before you died. You can do this.

You just have to follow the path as you see it.

You close your eyes as you begin to run.

You take your first step into the real world.

And trip over a girl.

sample_f5d0f72c974252d26b37ad145f36a7aca399eade.png

"Oy, Bastard watch where you're going. Trying to work here."

She spins a spray can around. Something's off about it.

You take a look at the rooftop you're on. It's full of graffiti.

You blink and take a closer look at it.

It's moving

What?

*Wham Wham Wham*

"Open up, It's the police."

"Fuck."

The girl looks at the half finished mural.

"Don't have time to finish it. Stupid police."

She drops the can of spray paint and bolts.

Well now.

What do you do?

[X] We should obviously open the door like every law abiding citizen and by explaining rationally and calmly that we had nothing to do with this we will be able to walk away... oh wait, Fate and Destiny's bitch.
-[X] GTFO time. Chase after the girl cause you got nothing better to do.

[X] time to put your new body through its paces and go roofhopping. Try to stay clod wish to tagged girl if you can.

[X] We should obviously open the door like every law abiding citizen and by explaining rationally and calmly that we had nothing to do with this we will be able to walk away... oh wait, Fate and Destiny's bitch.
I cant resist such a marvelous vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back