• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Abstergo Bay [Assassin's Creed/Worm]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

You're lying down. The cot hurts your back, but you've grown used to it over the several years...

RadioBaiBye

The End, Complete.
You're lying down. The cot hurts your back, but you've grown used to it over the several years you've had to deal with it. Outside the window across the room you can see the Brockton Bay skyline, and in the room you can see exactly 25 other children. In your hands is an old, battered leather diary. The words paint a fantastic tale.

Abstergo Industries was formed in 1937. During the following decades, controlling such innovators as Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and Alan Turing, they gained power throughout the world. In 1939 they used four puppets – Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Franklin Roosevelt – to start the Second World War.

Or so says your father's diary.

He goes on to mention John F. Kennedy, Mahatma Gandhi, Jack Parsons, Mohammad Mosaddegh, Alan Turing, Jacobo Árbenz Guzmán, and many others as casualties of Abstergo and their secret masters, the Templars.

You read it all as a story. Abstergo is a huge company, and you know well the larger a company or government, the less secrets they can hold.

What you know about Abstergo is simple: they control most of the United States' medical industry. The appearance of Scion didn't harm their business at all. After Leviathan's appearance and the subsequent decline of overseas shipping, they created thousands of new jobs in Brockton Bay. Even with Amelia Casteli in the city they rely on science rather than superpowers to test their products.

The reason you're lying on a rather uncomfortable cot in a bare, off-white room reading your father's diary? Your parents are both dead. Your father six months before your birth, your mother a year after the same. You know she worked for Abstergo, which makes the diary even harder to believe.
It's this page that gives you pause.

"I went to the offices today. My sight painted a vivid picture.
All of my co-workers are stained the red of enemies. The pictures of me on the walls are the purple of notoriety-reduction. My boss is the gold of a target. What worries me most is that not one person shows the blue of a civilian.
I fear the Templars have finally taken notice of my operations. We may need to move again. With Leila pregnant, though, I believe the risks do not outweigh the benefits."

The entry dated three days before his death. The last entry.

Your father had the same sight you do. He even had meaning for the colors!

However, one glance at the clock breaks you from your excitement. It's nearly day already. You set the book back under your pillow and close your eyes. As you always have, right when dawn breaks outside you take a moment to reflect on who you are, how you act, and how you can improve yourself.

[] Who are you? (Original Character, Not Canon)
[] How do you act?
---------------------------------------------------------
How you act is the more important choice, because there's only three options. Are you a Thief, are you a Fighter, or are you a Charmer?
Base stats:
Thief (Strength 2, Dexterity 4, Charisma 3, Intelligence, 3)
Fighter (S 4, D 2, C 2, I 3)
Charmer (S 1, D 2, C 4, I 4)

Each has weapons that only they can use as well.

[X] Taylor Hebert
[X] Thief

Because this story has ALL MY YES going into it. Watching this quest, eagerly.

Not Taylor, please.
Hmm...
[X] Greg Veder
[X] Charmer
I wonder what happens if we personally control this doofus...

Oh, no, no, no.
You're making a character.
Not picking one from canon.

Though you could possibly recruit Taylor later, she'll never be the main character.

Acceptable votes would include name, gender, and possibly a short description.
[X] Chester Jacobs, Male, <insert hair/eye color, height>
No more than that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thieves are the only class that can use the wrist-mounted dart gun. This is capable of delivering poisoned or tranquiliser darts to anyone within about 100 yards. They also give bonuses to climbing, stealth, and loot.
Fighters are the only class capable of dual-wielding swords and using two-handed weapons, like the Halberd. They're, obviously, better in a fight, but they also give bonuses to interrogation.
Charmers are the only class capable of using hatchets and tomahawks. They'll also make it easier to recruit anyone and they can get into secure areas without stealth. By charming the guards.

Hopefully that's at least slightly balanced.

Alright, so...um...
[X] Name: Alexander Green, Male, Blonde hair, Black eyes, 5'6
[X] Fighter
...I like direct fighting.

Ooh, this could be good. I wonder if the Shards will be replaced by Pieces of Eden or other Ancient technology?

Don't really care about the name, but

[X] Thief

I want to do duct-crawling, wall-scaling, shadow-hiding thiefy goodness. Fighter would be dull to me, and Charmer is just another word for "sit back and watch your minions do it" which is also dull.

Charmers aren't directly frontline fighters, but they're not good enough to just send recruits to do their dirty work. They'd lose respect if they didn't fight as well.

Also, it is entirely possible Scion still dropped by.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You look up and notice the sunrise is a little more red than normal.

You shrug and make your way downstairs to start on breakfast. The red glow increases.

You start making pancakes, because every day should start with fried cake and syrup. As you open the fridge, you notice the sunrise wasn't pink today.

As you mix the batter, you muse on the sun rising faster than usual today. You also note someone turned the heat up.

One moment you're pouring pancake batter into a pan on the stove, the next you're flying through the air... and the walls. You barely have time to see Lung fighting someone on your pancake batter before you black out.

The last thing you see is the second cape's uniform. And the symbol on their body armour.

Maybe your dad was right.

Brute is dumb in worm when not hitting alexandrian levels

Congratulations.
Who said anything about a Brute?
You don't have powers. Yet.

Well now, if the whole Worm metaplot is still happening, I wonder what the Templar's game is in all this? They wanted to control humanity, but now there's an active alien influence going on, throwing the whole toolbox into the works.

Then again, they'd fucking love Master powers. The last thing we need is a Templar going Khepri.

Shocked that Abstergo is moving openly like that. Are they sponsoring capes like some companies do, or do they outright hire a team for their own purposes?

So many questions, such a little snip!

I can't feasibly keep writing unless I decide that two votes for Thief is enough.
And only one for a name.

I can confirm the Protectorate's existence. And Panacea's, though she was mentioned in the first post.

Also, this is before Taylor triggered, so you could stop that from happening. And Coil isn't independent.

[X]Zaki Arden
-[X] Thief

Our mother was from an Arabic family, our fathers family was from England.

Last edited by a moderator:
Panacea is an Amelia and a Castelli..

That might say good things or really really bad ones.

Well, I don't really need the name for a while, but screw it, you get to play a Thief.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wake slowly. At first you wonder why you're lying on your side, but the more important question of exactly what the black blob in front of you is springs to mind.

"You OK? That much blood can't be good." Okay, so the blob is definitely a person. Your vision is clearing slowly, and the black motorcycle helmet above your head becomes clearer.

As your arms and legs make themselves known in a sudden jolt of pain, you remember being used as a wrecking ball and groan. How are you going to sneak around with what feels like a broken leg? You also note that your arm is stuck under a piece of grey brick.

The person helps you get your arm free. It takes almost ten minutes.
"I... I'm pretty sure... my leg's broken," you gasp out during the process. The person, now more clearly a guy, nods.

You glance around, finally seeing where you are. There's a hole in the wall that has to be where you came in. Chunks of concrete and brick litter the room, one pile featuring a girl in a domino mask on top. You're clearly underground, and the ceiling is too high for the sewers, which leaves you lying on the floor of a storm drain. You also vaguely note a spot on the wall of a tunnel, though it's too far away to see more than a glimpse.

"Come on," the guy motions to the girl and she hops up. They both help you get your feet under you, but you have to lean on the guy to keep standing. He mutters to himself, "that Amelia girl lives a few blocks away, I think."

The girl leads you out. Almost immediately, you all see a head of brown hair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Much bargaining later...
You now have no injuries, but you owe Amelia Casteli a favor to be called in on a later date.
You also may still have a concussion. You were thrown about halfway across the city, after all.

[] Investigate the spot.
[] Talk to your rescuers.
[] To the library to learn more about Abstergo!
[] Something else?

[X] Talk to your rescuers.
-[X] Who are they. And how could you contact them later. They seem good people and they're .

Amelia Casteli? Oh wow, we've gone way off the rails, haven't we?

[X] Name idea: Nick Macche (pronounced mah-key), because Assassins' Creed is full of crazy italian names, and a shoutout to Machiavelli is worthwhile.

[X] Talk to your rescuers.

If that's Alternate!Panacea, I want to learn more about her. And who the Castelis are.

[X] Investigate the spot.

I actually pulled that name from the Worm Wiki. Not an amazingly reliable source, but it worked.

Can't tell you that.

[blockquote]Name 1d3 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

1: Alexander Green, M
2: Zaki Arden, F(because it wasn't given and I felt like having a female option.)
3: Nick Macche, M

Hey, look, the dice say you're a girl.
Named Zaki Arden.

RadioBaiBye said:
I actually pulled that name from the Worm Wiki. Not an amazingly reliable source, but it worked.
The wiki is incorrect on that one (and it's actually usually a good resource). Interlude 15.something, Carol's, states her name is Amelia Claire Lavere when her Birdcage serial number and etc is announced.

You set a hand on the shoulder of the guy in leather as he and the girl start to leave.
"Um... Thanks... But I don't know who you are, so I can't return the favor... My name's Zaki." The girl smiles at that, like a fox in a hen-house. It's rather unnerving. The guy, on the other hand, slowly looks you over.
You blush slightly under his gaze. Things like this are why you've always stuck to the shadows, damn it! You don't think you're ugly, but you've always been more comfortable outside the spotlight.
You take the moment to look them both over as well. The guy is tall, but his figure is mostly obscured by the motorcycle leathers and helmet, so it's difficult to tell anything about him. You wouldn't even know he was a guy if not for his voice. The girl, on the other hand, wears only a bodysuit and domino mask. She's very obviously female to even the most cursory glance. If you had to guess, you'd say she was around your age – just shy of 18.
Under your sight, they both appear as allies, though you don't know how long that will last.
"I'm Insight," she speaks before her friend can stop her, "and this is Tenebrae." You vaguely recall hearing a ghost story about a Tenebrae, but you can't quite remember the details. Perhaps a trip to the library could help? "Maybe if you get an Internet connection, you could contact me on Parahumans Online," Insight practically purrs. "Unfortunately, we have to go now. Make sure to look us up, okay? I'd hate for such a cute girl to be all alone out here." She throws the last out casually, with a wink. Is she really flirting with you?
Tenebrae shakes your hand and Insight nods as they leave. You think they seemed nice, though a voice tells you there were more than just the two around. Maybe they wanted to see if you were a threat?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You walk alone back to the storm drain. Fortunately, from the street the hole is nearly invisible.
Unfortunately, the closer you get the more obvious it is.
You step inside carefully, mindful of the shattered bricks scattered across nearly the entire width of the drain. You notice the path Insight cleared ahead of Tenebrae and you as you were limping out. Following it leads you straight back, passing several side tunnels along the way, although none of these have the spot you're searching for.
Even at your crash site, you can't see it. That's odd. You're sure it was around here somewhere…
[] Keep looking.
[] Internet... maybe at the library?

{Edited for details.}

RadioBaiBye said:
"I'm Insight," she speaks before her friend can stop her, "and this is Tenebrae." You vaguely recall hearing a ghost story about a Tenebrae,

Hah! Taking a page from Ack's book I see.

I'm a bit concerned that Zaki is going to fall right into the Taylor role, though. Teenage girl meets the Not-Undersiders and is smitten by Not-Grue, ends up joining them and fighting a large, corrupt organization.

One of the reasons I wanted a male character.

I thought I wrote her as more interested in the blonde...

The blushing is just because you're not used to attention. You are, after all, a thief. thieves aren't known for being in the spotlight. Also I write introverts and shy people better than the other.

[X] Internet... maybe at the library?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back