• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Abstergo Bay [Assassin's Creed/Worm]

Your sight doesn't reveal your target. So you start looking more directly.
The left path is filled with rubble from your crash. Also, there's some blood from your head. So you can't go left.
The right path is narrower, though not by much. You don't think the storm drains need to be quite as… open. It's almost like a road. A road made up of thick grey bricks and metal sheets.
You walk down the path slowly, looking everywhere. You know how to hide almost anywhere, which means you know how to find things. And how to prevent sneak attacks. You note a repeating symbol etched into several of the bricks, repeating more often the further you go, but still no sign of whatever that was.
Until you've traveled, by your estimates, half a mile down the tunnel. Then you see the symbol inverted. Directly below it is a small skull. The eye sockets look suspiciously like finger holes.
So you slide your fingers into them. You always were curious.
You feel something like a lever inside, so you pull it. Then you yank your fingers back as the skull rearranges.
The wall falls away.
There's a nearly pitch-black tunnel. With your sight, you could navigate it, but you have no idea if there's anyone or anything in it.
[] Onwards!
[] Go get a weapon.
This has yet to diverge from SB

To alleviate any concerns like Peanuckle's expressed:
The Undersiders don't exist.
The E88 are still assholes.
The ABB doesn't exist. Lung is Yakuza. Oni Lee's a corpse somewhere.
The Merchants are... Well. Druggies exist everywhere always. But they don't use the name Merchants.
The Protectorate aren't part of the government.
Faultline's Crew aren't in the Bay currently.
The Travellers only came because of Coil so they're not in town.
Coil is, as previously mentioned, not independent.

Did I miss anyone important?

[X] Get a weapon

Even a big stick would be better than our fists.

RadioBaiBye said:
To alleviate any concerns like Peanuckle's expressed:
The Undersiders don't exist.
The E88 are still assholes.
The ABB doesn't exist. Lung is Yakuza. Oni Lee's a corpse somewhere.
The Merchants are... Well. Druggies exist everywhere always. But they don't use the name Merchants.
The Protectorate aren't part of the government.
Faultline's Crew aren't in the Bay currently.
The Travellers only came because of Coil so they're not in town.
Coil is, as previously mentioned, not independent.

Did I miss anyone important?

The Undersiders don't exist as a crime group, or the people themselves are vanished? Because the people we met are pretty much Undersiders expys.

And by "hasn't deviated from sb" I guess you're running this on both sites? How will we deviate here? Violence? Mature themes?

I mean so far you've made all the same choices.

Tenebrae and Insight aren't a team. They are friends, but they don't work together that often.
Bitch didn't get the whole not-understanding-humans part. She understands dogs better, but she does understand people. And she went through more abuse than canon and told the police what happened at her trigger. She got 5 years that she's already served. She plays guitar in a band. I imagine them being this universe's Ice Nine Kills.
Regent didn't trigger. He did run away and he is in the Bay, but only because of his boyfriend.

RadioBaiBye said:
I mean so far you've made all the same choices.

Tenebrae and Insight aren't a team. They are friends, but they don't work together that often.
Bitch didn't get the whole not-understanding-humans part. She understands dongs better, but she does understand people. And she went through more abuse than canon and told the police what happened at her trigger. She got 5 years that she's already served. She plays guitar in a band. I imagine them being this universe's Ice Nine Kills.
Regent didn't trigger. He did run away and he is in the Bay, but only because of his boyfriend.

What!? This story just got a lot funnier.

sonofabitch.
The music distracted me.

She shouldn't even show up outside of news. She's in a currently-touring band. And I'm not gonna write sex scenes anyways.

I would think, given her canon mentality of "If you want it, take it." she understands dong pretty damn well though.

RadioBaiBye said:
I would think, given her canon mentality of "If you want it, take it." she understands dong pretty damn well though.

I dunno if this is a typo, but it's funny as hell.

{It isn't the trial. This is just what evidence would have said, because I don't think I'd do a decent court scene. Also the verdict.}
"Rachel Lindt killed her foster parents. This isn't being disputed here.
What this document will show to a court is simply the circumstances involved.
Ms. Lindt has been in foster care her entire life. Her father died in a car accident just a month before her birth, and her mother died giving birth to her. Her foster parents have routinely ignored every problem Rachel has had, whether it be at school or at home, leaving her to fend for herself.
Rachel has been passed around the state exactly 25 times, each to a new family. The last family she was put with, the victims in this case, were the Roberts family. They had three other foster children to care for but given their jobs - one a surgeon, the other a divorce lawyer - they could have easily afforded to care for Rachel as well.
They didn't.
Instead, Rachel was malnourished when police found her on the night of September seventh in the Roberts living room. She had been severely beaten, one arm was broken, the other fractured in multiple places, three ribs were cracked, another two broken, and she had bruising throughout. She showed signs of repeated rape. Only female nurses could help her, as she bit the men.
Yet the prosecution would have you believe Ms. Rachel Lindt was in perfect health and sound mind when the Roberts died.
Rachel has spoken to me in private to tell her side of the story. She had a dog, named Rollo, in the backyard. Rollo was her only friend at the Roberts house, after the schools gave up on helping her and the other children turned into bullies. She fed Rollo with scraps of her own food, sometimes going without eating so he could.
On the night of the seventh, Rachel had just fed Rollo and was coming back into the house when Mrs. Roberts appeared at the back door. Mrs. Roberts threatened Rachel and Rollo, who attempted to protect Rachel. He was then kicked into the pool by Mrs. Roberts, who attempted to close the pool cover and drown Rollo. At this point, Rachel showed her parahuman ability, amplifying Rollo's size and saving him from the pool. Unfortunately she couldn't control him and he rampaged through the Roberts home, killing everyone inside. Mr. Roberts, who avoided Rollo somehow, proceeded to beat Rachel in an attempt to get her to call the dog off. Soon after her second broken rib, the dog burst into the room, killed Mr. Roberts and stormed out of the house.
He was killed by police officers defending the city."
The judge's verdict: 5 years in a medium-security prison with no chance of parole.

And what is the justification on the judge's verdict on why Rachel deserved this?
Oh wait, lemme guess, it's because this is Worm, isn't it?
Fuck this shit I'm outta here! :mad:

Dude, she used a parahuman power to kill 5 people and endangered an entire city.
If someone pulled something like that IRL they'd get worse than 5 years.

Also, 4 of those were spent in a hospital bed with a therapist. I just didn't put that in the verdict because it isn't part of the verdict.

RadioBaiBye said:
Dude, she used a parahuman power to kill 5 people and endangered an entire city.
If someone pulled something like that IRL they'd get worse than 5 years.

Also, 4 of those were spent in a hospital bed with a therapist. I just didn't put that in the verdict because it isn't part of the verdict.
Ah...I...see...
Ugh, all these mood whiplash in Worm and their fanfics/quest/what haz you.
I need a hora when I'm done with it.

Currently, Rachel is out doing... Well, this.
She's happy.

This story doesn't have much impetus though, without me writing extra bits like the brief for Rachel. I need two votes for the same thing to move on.

Either for the Story Mission, Disappearing Act, to get the police to forget you and lose all your (100%) notoriety, or for anything else.

5 years in medium-security, while receiving therapy, is a damn lenient sentence for 5 kills. That's about as "slap on the wrist" as you can get. It also gets her the help she needs and deserves, which she wouldn't if she was running free.

Shame about the world ending in two, though.

Whoops.
Forgot.

That was a full seven years before this quest. Rachel was 14. Tenebrae is 20. Insight is 17. Regent is 17.
So.

And who says Scion's gonna end the world?

[X] Keep Grinding and Looking?

If there are no complaints, I'm going to write the next update as a mix of two votes.
So.
[X] Keep training and contact Insight
will be next.

And the next non-character post will be Why Lung Hates Pancakes.Why, yes, they all have titles like this.

{Rolls. First is if the police will see you, second is how good your loot is, if any (I forgot, but you get a +4 bonus from Extra Loot which doesn't matter in this case anyways), third is if you get a new mission.}

You decide, rather than jumping straight to clearing your name, it'd be best to have help. There's an Internet café down the street from your new house. You should be able to contact Insight from there.

In the master bedroom closet, you find several pairs of white shoes, exactly seven pairs of white cargo pants, and exactly seven white hooded sweatshirts. It isn't that odd to see someone with their hood on even in stores recently. You decide the outfit should hide your face from most observers. You also pocket 500$.

Unfortunately, on your way to the café, a beat cop sees you. He immediately gives chase.

You don't manage to make the turn into a nearby alley cleanly, and you open a gash in your left arm. You ignore the pain in favor of running faster. Seeing an easy pathover a dumpster onto a fire escape, you accidentally slam your foot into the dumpster, but make it onto the escape. From there your climb to the roof is… problematic.

The beat cop pulls out his gun and fires at you thirteen times. He misses a lot, but four slam into you, three in your right leg and one in your left arm. The shock nearly drops you, but you finish climbing to the roof.

You're lucky here, as the beat cop decides chasing you up a ladder is too much work. You also find a packaged smartphone in a box under a vent. Note, you don't actually know if it'll work. On the other hand, a cell phone that you didn't steal! Technically…

[] Keep it?
[] Open it?

There's enough scraps of old blankets in the alley that you can wrap your leg and arm to slow the bleeding, but you need healed if you're going to be doing a lot.

Thankfully, you don't encounter any other police on your way to the café. You even find a switchblade! Granted it was in a thug's pocket, but he wasn't using it. It's too bad his wallet was empty.

You pay the café barista 30$ for computer use and a drink.

You find Parahumans Online quickly, and notice a topic titled "Concussion in the Sewers."

Apparently Insight decided to leave you a message.

"Sorry about leaving so soon, but we had business elsewhere. If you want to meet up with me I'll be downtown. Contact me here if you want.
Yours for now, Queen of the Rubble"

You sign up for the site.
[] Username? This will also be your "cape" name.
As soon as you're done you send a message asking to meet.

While you wait for a reply, you look into Abstergo and the gangs in the city.
<gained Knowledge: Gangs>

It takes an hour before Insight replies. "Go to the back of that café and look for the Ankh symbols. Follow them. I'll meet you at the end. You may need your Sight for this." You're shocked that she knows about your sight, and sit open mouthed for several minutes.

The back of the café doesn't look special. A few homeless people making shelters, an overfull dumpster. Relatively clean, as back alleys go. Under your sight, you see several ankhs scrawled on the walls. These lead up the fire escape. You follow.

You see more ankhs on the roof, leading you on a rooftop run across the downtown area. You have one scare, where you think you'll fall, but you make it, grabbing the rooftop with your fingertips.

It takes you nearly two hours to reach a point where the ankhs change direction, now pointing down the next building. Insight is waiting in the garden below.

"You made it." She's very peppy today, and makes a point of checking you over, fretting over your wounds. She re-ties your hasty wrappings to something that will hold better. You smile in thanks.

"So I'm wanted by the police," you try to keep your voice casual, and you think this part may scare her off, "and I'm planning on breaking into the station to change their records. I might need backup.

She nods. "You will, especially if you don't want to kill officers."
[] Do you?
"But it would also help you to hack into a few of the broadcast towers around downtown and alter the broadcast to show someone else's face. You'll need someone plausible for the police to chase, though…" You raise your hand to cut her off, but she continues before you can. "You have someone in mind. Who?"

You smirk slightly. "The new Empire fire cape's name offends my sensibilities."

She grins. "Good choice. Do you have a place to lay low?" You nod. "Okay. I know you don't have a reason to trust me, but could I stay with you for a day or two?"

[] Yes
[] No

After you part ways with Insight, you wander back towards your safe house. On the way, you stop by a supermarket and buy everything you need to make pancakes for a month. You also get some frozen food.

You spend the rest of the day in the basement, practicing punches and kicks, but you feel your practice would be more productive with a training partner or dummy.
[SIZE=small]<gained Fisticuffs +1>[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small][/SIZE]
[] Story Mission: Disappearing Act
[] Visit the cafe for research
[] Find a training dummy
[] Write-in

[X] Open it
[X] Username: Eagleye
[X] "No way, being a cop killer is becoming a very hot target."
[X] Yes
[X] Find a training dummy

Users who are viewing this thread