• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Advice on how to do a writing contest

Already Fallen

Don't know what's going on.
Hello, I'm currently thinking about trying to do a small NSFW writing contest later this year for a specific series. So I'm putting this up for input on how to do one properly or at least how to make it work. My main concerns are the following:
1. Time, how long should it be for?
2. Judging, how to properly judge it.
3. Entries, should I have them email me or post that they are entering in a main thread? Or just allow entries to come in as long as it's before the deadline?
4. PR, not very good with communication, so having help with this would be a big help.

Here's a prototype of the contest information.
Contest:
Series: Digimon Tamers (Third season)
Deadline: One or Two months from this post
Minimum word count: 5,000
Fetishes not allowed: Scat, vomit, and diaper play
Prizes:
1st: $300
2nd: $150
3rd: $75
Prizes are paid thru paypal.

Any advice would be helpful.

Only contest like this I participated in (And that I'd be aware on this site) was run by Ichasennin here.

1 month should be easily sufficient for 5k+ (Though I don't think more would necessarily be worse). Judgement really depends on what you're going for. Icha used Patreon vote, since that fit them. Voting is always relatively easy. If it's just for what you enjoy just how you felt about the writing might be good enough. Though, you can also just make a few categories and decide how well it did on them. "Enjoyability of smut", "How well was their set up used" - can be a lot of things, still depends on what you want out of it.

Entries posted before the deadline probably is the easiest way to accept admissions.

For PR - well, first of you probably shouldn't post it in 'General'. Bit of a ghost town this part of the forum. NSFW General is better, I'm not sure how allowed a contest like this would be on NSFW Writing (The CW Index could fit), it'd probably get more traffic there if it doesn't get washed away in the other threads. Make sure to cross post and link if you do make more then one thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back