• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

All the Skills, One Player! (Blue Lock OC)

All the Skills, One Player! (Blue Lock OC)
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Lucas Tanaka, a 30-year-old Japanese man who gave up his dream of becoming a soccer player, lives a monotonous life in Tokyo. After an act of bravery that results in a fatal wound, a glowing screen appears in front of him.
[The skill "System" has been granted.]
["System" unlocked.]
[The skill "System" has given to you the skill "Supernatural Resistance".]
["Supernatural Resistance" unlocked.]
[Thanks to the divine effect of "Supernatural Resistance", from now on death is no longer a problem for you].
When Lucas wakes up, he finds himself on a vast soccer field, back in his youth, in the middle of a match with his childhood friend, Shoei Baro.
With new skills and an unexpected chance to relive his dreams, Lucas is faced with the opportunity to redefine his destiny, but first he must overcome the normal challenges of a young soccer player, such as becoming a starter, winning the regional summer championship, and going to the Blue Lock!
[The hidden function of the skill "Champion System" has been unlocked.]
[The skill of "Replicator Genius" has been granted].
["Replicator Genius" unlocked].

The beginning of the story takes place before the Blue Lock, because in the official timeline the MC didn't go to the Blue Lock because he was only a midfielder. So the beginning is about his friendship with Shoei Baro, the system's features and a summer championship that takes place a month before the blue lock invitations start.

The MC is proactive, he knows how to adapt, but he's not a genius who knows literally every possible future for all his actions.

Action, well-developed relationships, an MC who has attitude, a complex system that evolves, an MC who gets really strong, Slice of Life, manga content.

The MC is proactive, he knows how to adapt, but he's not a genius who knows literally every possible future for all his actions.

palmer_1998

Know what you're doing yet?
In the vast and vibrant universe of sports, no other is as democratic, passionate, magical, and chaotic than the soccer. You don't need much to play it, just a ball, or something that looks like one, and a place to imagine the goal.

Ah, soccer!

The magic of the dazzling dribbles, the 90th-minute comeback goals, and the screams of the fans that make any stadium shake.

From its earliest days, when the British played during breaks in their factory shifts, to the present day, when the best players in the world take to the most famous pitches on the planet, soccer has always been an irresistible mix of talent, improvisation, and sheer dedication.

Decades ago, there was Pelé, the king of soccer, who took the sport to a new level with his quick dribbling, spectacular goals, and a charisma that transcended borders.

More recently, we've seen Zico, the first player with surgical precision in his passes and free kicks. Also Ronaldinho Gaúcho, who, with his joy in his legs and his magic with the ball, turned football into a spectacle of pure art.

At the beginning of the millennium, the greatest rivalry in history was born. Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, two true scoring machines whose statistics would impress even the most skeptical critics: more than 800 goals each, hundreds of assists, and two collections of titles that would make any museum jealous.

Between the astronomical numbers and the memorable plays, soccer has become a true global spectacle, the greatest of all sports, uniting people of all ages, genders and nationalities in a continuous celebration with the right to scream, sweat and tears. But behind the many stars who shine in the world's stadiums, there are millions of young dreamers who believe, day after day, that they could be the next to have their lives changed by this sport.

Among those millions, there was once a Japanese boy. Just one among many. His name? Lucas Tanaka, the son of an American father and a Japanese mother.

Lucas grew up listening to stories about Pele, admiring Ronaldinho's dribbling on various YouTube videos, and trying to imitate Cristiano Ronaldo's mythological goals.

In school games or on the municipal field, he played with the same joy as his idols, dreaming, like so many others, of one day becoming part of this glorious history called football.

In Japan, the country where Lucas Tanaka was born and raised, people also loved soccer. It was a sport that was greatly admired, and throughout his childhood, Lucas Tanaka was praised for his skill and dedication to soccer.

However, when he reached the age of 18 and decided not to go to university or a preparatory course, dreaming of finding a place in one of the Japanese national league teams, the J-LEAGUE, the people around him, the same ones who had previously congratulated him for all his efforts, began to judge him.

These people said that Lucas was wasting his life on a "stupid" dream and that he should focus on a path that would be safer and more stable for him and his family.

That same day, not feeling up to going to the city park to work out, Lucas Tanaka sat down in front of the old TV in his room, turned on the sports channel, and started watching. As it happened, a sixteen-year-old boy was making his debut for Barcelona FC. The boy was thinner and shorter than Lucas Tanaka, but there he was, in the center of world soccer.

So Lucas decided that society was right about his dream and gave in to social pressure.

"It's too late..."

Lucas simply couldn't have imagined that he would end up as an almost thirty-year-old single man living in a tiny apartment in Tokyo.

"Hey, Tanaka, did you finish that design I asked you to do?" His boss asked routinely, several times a day.

"Yes, boss. It's in your e-mail."

Instead of becoming a soccer player, Tanaka went to business school. After college, he found work in a design firm and had to adapt to keep from getting fired. So his life became a loop of monotonous days, working every day until after hours in a gray office, surrounded by piles of papers and disapproving looks.

One cold evening, after leaving the office late, Lucas Tanaka stopped at a convenience store to buy something to eat.

*Grrrrr*

His stomach rumbled loudly.

"Easy, easy..." Lucas stroked his stomach as if there really was a monster inside.

When he entered the convenience store, the characteristic bell rang, but the clerk didn't even look at him, as he seemed to be concentrating.

Lucas then went to the instant noodle aisle and began to analyze which of the many flavors he would choose this time. He had already tried all the flavors, even the strangest ones.

The store was so empty and quiet that Victor could hear what the clerk at the counter was watching.

"Honestly, this is one of the most impressive finals I've ever seen. Mbappé is only 24, and this is his third goal. Ladies and gentlemen, I may be jumping the gun, but it looks like we're witnessing the birth of a football legend," the narrator said.

"Sir...?" the salesman asked.

Suddenly, Lucas found himself unconsciously standing in front of the counter with a randomly flavored instant noodle in one hand. Unbeknownst to him, he had been captivated by the soccer game playing on the television next to the cashier.

The cashier looked on with a puzzled expression, and Lucas quickly handed the noodles to the young man to pick up. As he did so, Lucas peered around the inside of the counter again, trying to catch a glimpse of the game.

"Sir, that'll be 400 yen."

"Ah, yes..." Lucas took some coins out of his pocket and began to count.

He was a poor worker; he didn't have much money. Nevertheless, he found a 1000 yen coin, which he handed to the young clerk.

Lucas' attention soon returned to the soccer game. "Excuse me for asking, young man. But that game you're watching... Who's playing?"

"Um... This one? France and Argentina. It's the recorded final of the 2022 World Cup. I like to watch that game sometimes."

Lucas looked at the scoreboard. It was 3-3 after 119 minutes. The young player Mbappé was shining for France with 3 goals.

Lucas Tanaka left the convenience store with a bitter taste in his mouth, holding the bag of instant noodles in one hand and the change and receipt in the other.

"World Cup 2022... I was 21 at the time, but I'd already given up watching soccer. That explains why I don't remember the game."

The year in question was 2031, almost 10 years after the 2022 World Cup. It was impossible for Lucas not to feel nostalgic, and then to feel the mixture of frustration, disappointment, and anger that always came over him when he remembered the dreams he had given up.

Adjusting the scarf around his neck to protect himself from the freezing wind, Lucas tried to shake those tumultuous thoughts away.

But the 3-3 scoreline of a World Cup final still echoed in his mind, like a cruel reminder of the dreams he had given up. It was every man's dream to be in the position the young French player had been in, and Lucas wondered what his life would have been like if he had followed his passion for football.

'Instead, I'm stuck in an endless cycle of gray days in an office that seems to be slowly sucking away my soul... I think I'd do it differently.'

Walking through the streets, Lucas came upon a narrow alley lit only by a flickering streetlight. Normally, he would have changed his route just in case, but then he heard a muffled sound, something between a scream and a desperate whisper. Then, under the flickering light of the lamppost, he saw a scene that made his heart skip a beat.

A hooded man was holding a long-haired woman against the wall. His dirty hand covered her mouth as he muttered something inaudible near her neck.

The woman obviously tried to break free. But the man was stronger, holding her by the wrists.

'An abuser!'

Lucas didn't want any trouble. He had enough trouble in his own life. But something inside him wouldn't let him just ignore the situation. He always avoided conflict, always took the easy way out, always let his boss take credit for his designs, but, that night, something changed.

"Hey!" he shouted.

The hooded man abruptly turned his head in Lucas' direction, and the woman used the distraction to try to break free. With no luck, the man pulled her back violently.

"Who are you? Her boyfriend?" The man growled.

Lucas swallowed. He didn't have a good physique for fighting, but he couldn't back down now either. "It doesn't matter! Leave her alone!"

The man smiled bitterly and let go of only one of the woman's arms. "Are you going to stop me?" he asked, pulling a knife from his jacket pocket.

Lucas clenched his fist, gripping the grocery bag tightly. "Yes, I will."

The man then clucked his tongue, let go of the woman, and moved quickly forward with the knife.

"You don't know who you're messing with!" the attacker shouted.

A shiver ran down Lucas' spine as he saw the man run toward him with the knife in his hand, but with a scream he didn't know where it came from, Lucas raised the arm holding the bag and threw it with all his might at his attacker. The plastic bag broke in midair, and the package flew toward the attacker like an improvised projectile, hitting the man in the face. It was enough to disorient him for a moment.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Lucas lunged forward and punched the man with all the force he could muster.

He felt pain as his fingers struck the hooded man's jaw.

Fortunately, the blow was strong enough to knock the attacker to the ground.

For a moment, everything seemed to freeze. The woman, frightened and still leaning against the wall, stared at Lucas with wide eyes, barely believing what he had done.

The man on the floor was stunned, but when his eyes met Lucas', an expression of fear and amazement appeared on his face.

Lucas didn't understand why the man was afraid until he felt a stabbing pain in his stomach. He looked down to see the knife buried in his stomach, blood seeping through his clothes.

Shock overcame his body, and he staggered backwards, his knees weak.

"Shit, shit, shit!" The man on the ground took the opportunity to get up and run.

Lucas tried to yell at him not to run, but his voice wouldn't come out. The next thing he knew, he felt dizzy and fell backwards.

The woman ran over to him and shouted something, but her words sounded far away, muffled, as if he were underwater.

"Hang on!" she cried as her trembling hands pressed down on the knife, trying to stop the bleeding. "It's going to be okay, just hang on! Help me! Please, someone!"

The cold of the night enveloped Lucas, but he could barely feel it. He felt numb, unable to focus on anything but the pain and the desperate face of the woman trying to help him. She was very beautiful.

Soon Lucas heard the sound of hurried footsteps, alarmed voices, and the sound of sirens in the distance. He tried to focus on those voices. It was no use. Everything was slipping away. The surrounding darkness quickly engulfed everything.

Suddenly, everything was silent.

The world around him seemed to stop, and Lucas felt like he was floating.

It was a strange, almost comforting sensation, as if he was being pulled out of his body.

Then he heard an emotionless voice in his head. It seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere.

[The ability of <System> has been granted.]

[<System> unlocked.]

[The ability <System> has granted you the ability <Céos>.]

[<Céos> unlocked.]

[The ability <System> has given you the ability <Sharp Intuition>.]

[<Sharp Intuition> unlocked].

[The skill <System> has given you the skill <Attribute Progression>.]

[<Attribute Progression> unlocked].

[The skill <System> gave you the skill <Supernatural Resistance>.]

[<Supernatural Resistance> unlocked].

[Thanks to the divine effect of <Supernatural Resistance>, death will no longer be a problem for you.]

Lucas tried to understand what was happening, but his mind was foggy.

The pain was gone, replaced by a strange feeling of relief. He was no longer cold, but warm.

The darkness became complete, and Lucas fell into it, lost in an infinite void.

When Lucas opened his eyes again, he was no longer in the partially dark street, nor did he hear sirens. He was in a completely different place. It was a vast field of green grass. The sky above was a deep blue, without a single cloud.

"Tanaka! Cross for me!" A voice shouted.

Then Lucas heard a sound, a *thump*, and something touched his feet. As soon as he looked down, he realized that what had touched him was a ball, a soccer ball.

Apparently, for some reason, he was in the middle of a soccer game.

Raising his head again, Lucas looked ahead and saw young Shoei Baro, a childhood friend of his, but the strangest thing was that Baro looked to be in his sixteenth year, and that scared Lucas more than anything else. He remembered it well. Baro had become a world-famous player after passing the Blue Lock, a Japanese national tryout to select the striker who would lead Japan to its first World Cup.

Support me to write more and you can read up to 20 advanced chapters!

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998
(Just remove the hyphen to access Patreon normally.)

NEXT CHAPTERS:

02 - Sixteen Again!
03 - My <Champion System>
04 - Copy Conditions
05 - The End of the Training Game
06 - Days that seemed so far away
06.5 - Back to the family
07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
11 - Chubu Region Summer Championship
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
14 - Being a substitute is bad
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

Last edited:
02 – Sixteen Again!
When Lucas Tanaka looked down at his feet and saw the ball, he shook his head, not understanding what was happening. He raised his head to see Shoei Baro still running with one arm raised, indicating that he wanted to receive the pass.

Lucas lifted his foot, instinctively wanting to pass the ball to Baro, but soccer is a fast-paced sport that requires sharp decision-making, and there's usually not much time to think on the field. Just as Lucas was about to kick the ball, an opponent suddenly appeared and, with impressive speed, this player glided across the field and made a perfect, clean run to steal the ball from Lucas.

Lucas' fall was sudden. The trolley took the ball from him, but it also knocked him down. But the tackle wasn't, and the opponent didn't bother to help him. Instead, the boy got up and started running quickly with the ball, setting up a counterattack.

Lucas tried to get up quickly, but the pain in his heel stopped him.

Baro, returning from the attack, was the one to offer a hand to help him up.

"Tanaka, why didn't you give me the passport?" Baro asked as he helped him to his feet.

Lucas didn't know what to say, nor did he understand what was going on.

"I'm sorry, I hesitated..."

Baro gave Lucas a weak pat on the back. "It's okay, I'll be there next time. Just pass it to me and I'll score."

But there was no next time. For the next few minutes, Lucas tried to keep up with the pace of the game, but each move seemed more difficult than the last. His mind was foggy, and he simply couldn't process the surrounding events clearly. He tripped over the ball a few times and fell, and his legs felt heavy and uncoordinated.

"Tanaka, what's happening to you?" asked Baro during a brief stoppage in play after a foul. "You're our playmaker. If you can't connect passes, we can't score."

His friend's worried look only added to Lucas' confusion.

"I... I don't know," Lucas mumbled, trying to wipe the sweat from his brow.

Over the next few minutes, the ball stopped coming to Lucas. His team's players began to make more runs down the flanks, trying to get into the attacking half.

It was then that the team's coach, Mr. Yamamoto, noticed the situation. With a serious look on his face, he signaled for Lucas to leave the field.

Lucas slowly walked to the side of the field, greeted the teammate who would be replacing him, then the coach, and sat down on the bench in frustration.

With a towel over his head, he took a moment to take a deep breath and try to understand what had happened.

The strange transition from a near-death state to this familiar but confusing scenario was beyond what an ordinary human mind could easily process.

He knew something extraordinary had happened. Lucas looked around. The sounds of the game, the shouts of the players, the people, everything was too real to be a dream. He closed his eyes, trying to clear his vision and his mind. The towel over his head isolated him at least a little from the stares of the surrounding people.

'Why? Why is this happening to me?' he asked himself, looking down at his hands.

His hands weren't chubby, nor were they full of wrinkles like before, and looking at his own body, he could easily see that he was younger, much younger. It was clear that he had somehow rejuvenated himself or rather gone back in time.

Lucas then raised his head and began to pay more attention to his surroundings.

There were only a few people on the bench. He was one of the few players there.

The coach, Mr. Yamamoto, a man in his fifties, was giving instructions to both teams. Of course, it was a practice game of eleven against eleven, but the field was smaller than a normal soccer field. It was a reduced soccer field, in other words, the school field.

Several times a week they practiced on the school field, so this could have been any day, but there was something different.

On the field, the players gave their all and seemed focused. Something important was about to happen. However, it was impossible for Lucas to easily remember such a normal situation from his youth, and it would be strange to suddenly ask for the date in question. Therefore, it was useless for him to try to find out what day it was at this moment.

The same was true for the mysterious reason why he was back. If there was a reason, Lucas felt it was to play soccer, otherwise why on earth would he come back in the middle of a game?

Lucas clenched his fist, stood up, tossed his towel aside and said:

"Mr. Yamamoto, can I come back in?"

"Tanaka, of course you can't come in, you just..."

When Yamamoto turned to look at Lucas as he replied, Lucas could tell just by looking into Yamamoto's eyes that something had changed. At that moment, Yamamoto stopped halfway through his answer, looked straight ahead, crossed his arms and continued:

"Okay, but get a vest. You'll be on the reserve team."

"Yes, sir."

Lucas quickly grabbed the vest, eager to get back into the game. The sun was still high and strong, and his heart was beating faster.

The reserve team was struggling to keep up with the first team, but the score was 4-2.

Lucas took a deep breath, and when he finally took his first step onto the field, everything around him stopped, and the same voice he had heard before echoed in his mind.

[The skill of <System> has evolved into <Champion System>].

[<Champion System> unlocked].

[To become a champion, you must increase your star level.]

[Your current Star Level is 0].

[Complete missions in the <Champion System> to increase your star level and earn other rewards].

[The rewards will increase with each level you reach].

[The <Champion System> skill is activated.]

[The mission "The first step of the second chance" has been granted].

[Do you want to know the purpose of this mission?]

Lucas, still stunned by what had happened, blinked twice, looked around, saw that time had stopped, and nodded without a choice. The words were gone from his mouth.

[Main Mission: The First Step of a Second Chance

Description: This is a practice game before an important school championship. The starters for the first championship game will be decided in this scrimmage, and you need to convince the coach that you are a good option. Winning is an important step in this process.

Objective: Win this training.

Rewards:

+10 Star Points

+1 Loot Box.]

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998

NEXT CHAPTERS:

02 - Sixteen Again!
03 - My <Champion System>
04 - Copy Conditions
07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

03 – My Champion System
The sun was beating down relentlessly on the field that early afternoon. From the heat and the sound of cicadas in the bushes not far from the field, Lucas Tanaka could easily tell that it was summer.

So if, as the mission description stated, this was a practice game to determine who would start in the first league game, then the league in question could only be the Chubu Summer League, which used school vacations to promote a major league that included most of the teams in the Chubu region of Japan.

The Chubu Summer League wasn't as famous as the Kanto Summer League, but it was certainly important.

Lucas took a deep breath, feeling the tension in his muscles and the sweat dripping down his forehead. The vest he wore now seemed to weigh more than it should, carrying with it a series of dreams and burdens whose weight he hadn't felt at sixteen in the past. He looked at his teammates, some waving at him in encouragement, others simply focused on the ball.

Everyone was aware that this was a crucial opportunity, and everyone wanted to be in the starting lineup.

Coach Yamamoto's whistle blew sharply, breaking the momentary silence and signaling the resumption of the game.

Lucas was a midfielder, so he saw several players advance in front of him when the ball was released. They were the strikers.

Lucas' heart quickened as the ball and his team advanced toward the opposing defense. His legs moved almost automatically because his eyes were focused.

[Paying attention to the ball is important, but it can also be good to pay attention to the surrounding players.]

'That voice again...' Lucas thought. 'And it's still telling me how to play soccer? Who do you think you are?'

[I am Céos, your assistant skill.]

Lucas was still very confused by what was happening to him, but he didn't have time for more questions because his first opportunity came when one of the team's players lost control of the ball. Without hesitation, he charged forward and intercepted a desperation pass.

The crowd, made up of a few schoolmates on the railings around the field, let out a murmur of excitement.

Lucas was known to be a good player at school, so it was somewhat normal for people to get excited when he touched the ball.

Quickly, another player from the first team rushed towards Lucas to cover his teammate's mistake, but Lucas almost automatically turned his body to protect the ball from his opponent. As a result, the first-team defender ran right past him, leaving a wide corridor in front of Lucas.

"I'll stop you, Tanaka!" shouted Baro, suddenly appearing behind Lucas.

Baro was a natural center forward. It was unusual for him to be so far back, running behind a midfielder. This was just a small proof that the first team players knew how dangerous Lucas could be.

Baro's teammates were also quick to try to close the gap created by Lucas' dribbling.

[It's wise to pass the ball.]

"You don't have to tell me! I know how to play soccer!" Lucas shouted.

He quickly raised his head to look for a teammate in a better position. He saw Junpei open on the right wing. It was a perfect opportunity. Lucas fired a powerful shot, sending the ball high into the air.

The sound of the shot echoed across the field, and for a moment, all eyes were on the sky. The ball rose so high that it cast a shadow against the bright sun.

Junpei ran, taking advantage of the gap in the defense created by the opponent's desperation to mark Lucas.

However, Lucas clearly missed the speed and height of the pass. Junpei was supposed to receive the ball at his feet and run forward to cross the ball into the box or shoot, but Lucas' pass was too high.

Junpei even tried to head the ball from behind, but it was too high. He could barely get his head on the ball and it continued on its way, landing outside the box.

Lucas paused, gasping as he watched the wasted opportunity.

Junpei raised his hand in an apologetic gesture, but Lucas knew it was his fault. He had put too much force into the pass, and now the team had to regroup quickly.

"Hey, Tanaka, what was that you were yelling?" One of Lucas' reserve teammates asked.

Baro stopped beside him, a little out of breath. "It was ' I know how to play soccer!', wasn't it? Hhahaha!"

"You can't yell that and then miss a pass, man!"

Lucas put a hand to the back of his head and followed the laughter, a little embarrassed. He didn't even realize it, but in the heat of the moment, he yelled at Céos in a loud voice.

The game restarted with a fullback for the first team. Lucas retreated a bit down the field, already feeling the sweat running down his face and neck.

The ball was put back into play, and the opposition began to move forward. Lucas positioned himself strategically, this time following Ceo's advice and watching his opponents' movements more closely. When a pass was directed to the middle, he anticipated it and tried to anticipate the ball again.

However, Kenji, another first team midfielder, was quicker than Lucas and kept the ball for his team. He picked up the ball and made a quick pass to the left back, who in turn made a vertical pass to the first team left winger.

The play was frenetic, and most of the first team was much more in sync. It didn't take long for the left winger to get to the top of the box, where Baro was screaming for the ball.

Baro was a natural center forward. No matter how the ball came to him in the box, he would find a way to finish. He was too dangerous not to be marked, but that wasn't Lucas' job.

Lucas trusted the work of his team's defenders and prepared for the counterattack.

But when the ball was crossed, it didn't go towards the penalty area, but to the halfway line, where Kenji was waiting.

The gleam in Kenji's eyes revealed his clear intention: he was ready to finish the job.

From that moment on, every movement on the field seemed to be in slow motion for Lucas, who, even from a distance, was able to capture every detail with astonishing clarity.

Kenji took a firm step forward and his right foot met the ball in mid-air. He sent it towards the goal with frightening power and precision.

The ball sliced through the air like an arrow, or rather a spear, traveling at high speed as it spun around its own axis.

The opposing goalkeeper tried to reach the ball, stretching as far as he could, but there was no way. The ball had a predetermined trajectory that took it straight into the upper right corner of the goal.

The unmistakable sound of the net rattled across the pitch, followed by a brief moment of absolute silence. Then an explosion of cheers and applause swept the field, the celebration of a magnificent goal, with even the reserve players praising Kenji.

Lucas stood still, unresponsive. At that moment, a movie played in Lucas' head, literally the movie of his life. Kenji's goal pushed Lucas even further away from his dream. If he couldn't be a starter and excel in the summer league, he would never go to Bleu Lock, just like in his previous life.

[The hidden function of the skill <Champion System> has been unlocked].

[The skill of <Replicator Genius> has been granted].

[<Replicator Genius> unlocked].

[The player Kenji Nakamaru has just demonstrated the skill <Advanced First Kick>, do you want to check the copying conditions?]

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998

NEXT CHAPTERS:

04 - Copy Conditions
07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

Oh wow, is the MC similar to Johan Seong from Lookism? If so, that would be really cool! Being a copy genius is OP.

04 - Copy Conditions
[The player Kenji Nakamaru has just demonstrated the skill <Advanced First-Touch Kick>. Do you want to check the copying conditions for this skill?]

This message flashed in front of Luke's eyes, and even though he had become accustomed to these idiosyncrasies, he was still startled by the possibility of being able to copy the skill of one of his teammates. It was an unexpected stroke of luck.

Still, Lucas remained sane and rational. With a conscious effort, he pushed aside the initial excitement and concentrated on the message as everyone returned to their positions after Kenji's goal.

'Yes, I want to check the copying conditions.' He agreed thoughtfully, his heart racing with anticipation.

Almost immediately, a new message appeared.

[Skill Copy Conditions <Advanced First-Touch Kick>: Execute a first shot on goal in front of player Kenji Nakamaru].

'In other words, you want me to take revenge for him scoring in front of me.' Lucas took a deep breath and understood the purpose.

The task seemed simple in theory, but, in practice, it was a different story.

Kenji was a clever midfielder who positioned himself very well, was solid defensively and also shot well from outside the box. It would have been a bit tricky to put him in one place on the pitch and just have him watch me kick a first touch into the goal. However, the opportunity and curiosity of learning a new skill without having to practice it for months was too tempting to ignore.

When the ball returned to the center of the field and play returned, Lucas looked at Kenji. He had to keep an eye on the movement of the opposing team and the formation of his own team. The right opportunity would come. He just had to be ready to take it.

The fast pace of the game didn't slow down when the match resumed. There was no room for distractions, and Lucas remained focused.

The ball circulated between the reserve players, and Lucas kept moving so the defense wouldn't think he was a threat.

Every touch, every pass, was a potential opportunity. He had to be in the right place at the right time.

And then the opportunity came.

The ball was passed to him, and he took it and turned his body to move up the field. The opposition tried to surround him, and Kenji seemed to stop him.

Lucas played the ball to a teammate on his right who was passing.

The ball slid quickly along the ground, and this time the pass was accurate, but Lucas' teammate had no room to advance and dropped the ball back into midfield.

Still, Lucas' forward pass alone was enough to draw the first team defense back a bit. They moved forward a bit when the ball came back to them, but Lucas didn't retreat to his side of the pitch. He pushed forward. In doing so, he forced his team's attackers to stay back, as well as his first team's defenders.

This was a dangerous thing to do because it was essential to get back to score, but it also created a huge gap between the first team defense and the midfield.

When the reserve team kicked a ball to the right point, Kenji would look back and see more reserve team players in their backfield than his own team. This was absurd.

With a quick glance at Kenji, who was the only one in the starting midfield who had stayed back, Lucas ran forward with the forwards.

The reserve team's right winger made a quick pass to the holding midfielder, who was advancing alongside the right winger.

The holding midfielder was basically responsible for coordinating the team's possession. In the first team, this was Kenji Nakamaru, while Lucas Tanaka was more of a No. 8, but in the reserve team, the holding midfielder was Masamitsu, a smaller kid and not as skilled as Kenji.

Masamitsu received the ball but couldn't hold it for long, so he passed it back to the speedy right winger, completing a triangle.

The right winger ran to the sideline, giving the reserves time to fill the entire penalty area.

The scenario was almost identical to Kenji's goal, with one exception. However, this was also a classic crossing move, so the first team players had no idea that the scenario of Kenji's goal was about to be repeated. What made this different from Kenji's goal was the confidence of the player on the edge of the box to cross the ball exactly into the crescent.

Lucas didn't know all the players in the school's soccer club, let alone have friendships with all of them, but he knew that he had the confidence of most of them because he had given goal passes to most of them.

"Here!" Lucas ordered.

This was something he never did, literally never, because Lucas wasn't someone who focused on scoring goals. He wasn't a selfish striker. But apparently the system wanted to change his nature.

I need to score this goal! I have to turn this game around!

The player on the edge heard the call, raised his head, and looked at his options. In the penalty area, the players were piled up, and a little behind them, they weren't. On the halfway line, almost outside the penalty area, there was only Lucas and a few other players spread out a bit more. So he crossed for Lucas without thinking twice.

"Take that, Tanaka!"

The ball arced perfectly, and Lucas, his eyes fixed on the ball, swallowed dryly as he watched it head his way. He knew this was the moment he had been waiting for, the moment that could change the course of the game and, who knows, his own path to becoming a professional soccer player.

As the ball flew through the air, Lucas noticed Kenji Nakamaru running towards him with his eyes fixed on him. Kenji was a good player, with a natural ability to position himself defensively, break down opponents, and shoot from outside the box. A classic No. 5. If we were to compare him to anyone, it would be Casemiro.

But that didn't matter to Lucas, who took a few steps back, adjusted his position and prepared to shoot. This was his chance, and he wasn't going to waste it. In one fluid motion, Lucas swung his right leg back and then quickly stepped forward, kicking the ball with the instep of his right foot.

The sound of the kick echoed across the pitch, a solid beat that sounded like a drum.

The ball flew, cutting through the air at an impressive speed.

[Copy Conditions Achieved].

[Skill of <Advanced First-Touch Kick> obtained].

[<Advanced First-Touch Kick> unlocked].

The system's confirmation was the icing on the cake at this point. However, the goal was yet to come.

The trajectory of the ball suddenly made a curve and an effect as if it had been kicked with the last three toes, and went straight into the top corner of the goal, replicating Kenji's feat.

The sound of the ball hitting the net was like a key turning, as Lucas clenched his fist and shouted in front of Kenji:

"THAT'S IT! THAT'S IT! WHAT A GOAL!"

All the adrenaline and satisfaction of scoring a goal was released all at once by Lucas after so many years of not playing soccer. He couldn't contain the joy in his heart.

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998

NEXT CHAPTERS:

04 - Copy Conditions
07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

Last edited:
The feeling of scoring a goal was a truly unique sensation for Lucas. The happiness mixed with the accomplishment and excitement of everyone on his team was delicious. Lucas could feel his heart beating fast. He could almost taste victory, as it tasted salty from the sweat dripping down his face.

The roar of celebration that echoed from his lips was an outpouring of the years of futile effort he had spent in that design office.

On the soccer field, even if it was between four lines, Lucas Tanaka felt true freedom.

His teammates ran toward him, their faces lit up with smiles of pure euphoria.

That moment, that goal, was more than just a point on the scoreboard. It was proof that Lucas' dreams were within reach of his hands - or rather, his feet.

"Lucas! What a beautiful goal! Yes, yes!" shouted Mr. Yamamoto, congratulating him from the sidelines.

Kenji, the player whose skill Lucas had copied, approached Lucas. "You were too smart this time."

Lucas, still panting, smiled proudly: "Thank you, Kenji. It was a kick inspired by yours."

"I could tell!"

With the game restarted, there were only ten minutes left before the final whistle. The adrenaline was still pumping through Lucas' veins, but he knew he had to keep a cool head and concentrate on the game. He had the system to help him. He could draw and then win.

The first team players, alert, changed their strategy. Lucas began to feel the eyes of each defender on him, watching his movements with the intensity of predators watching their prey. They were his teammates, but he had the feeling they had never looked at him so hungrily.

Every touch of the ball was fiercely contested, every pass a challenge to find space. This was no ordinary training session, and the other students who passed by the field after finishing their club activities that afternoon could see that.

"Eh... The soccer club really works hard, right?"

"During the holidays… They should take it a little easier."

"Didn't you see the poster? There's going to be a regional championship soon."

"That must be why they're working so hard."

The clock seemed to speed up, the seconds turning into a relentless countdown.

Lucas received the ball again and was quickly surrounded by opponents. He turned, trying to find an opening, a way forward. He made a simple touch to the right back who was advancing a bit ahead, but the ball was given back to him. This was not good. The reserves were relying on him to organize the team and keep up the aggressive pace of the game.

Lucas' eyes scanned the field looking for the best option for the next pass. He saw one of his team's strikers advance and played the ball between two defenders, but a third defender cut the ball back and sent it to the left side.

Play continued as normal. Lucas had no way of controlling the players on his team to make them play the way he wanted, but that was part of the fun of soccer. Besides, everyone was tired, and the reserve team was made up of many players who weren't even considered part of the club; they did more training than they actually played.

Still, Lucas Tanaka believed in winning. If there was a reason why he was back for this game, it was because he needed to use this game to change the course of his life, and he wasn't going to waste this second chance.

It was then that the ball, deflected by one of his team's defenders, came back to him, slowly rolling towards him from outside the box. Normally, Lucas would dominate the ball, trying to buy himself more time to think and pass to a better-placed teammate. He was a number 8, passing was what he did. However, it was always by passing to other players that he never made a name for himself outside his own team and consequently never became a professional.

The new skill he had acquired echoed in his mind... <Advanced First Kick>... He knew that he could rely on this new power, and it was what secured his goal.

With a sudden surge of confidence, Lucas decided to take a shot at the ball as well. He swung his leg out and hit the ball, hoping it would repeat the perfect trajectory of the first goal. This time, however, the ball deflected to the right and went wide of the goal.

"What?!" Lucas shouted, scratching his head and a little embarrassed.

"What's that, Tanaka? Were you trying to kill an owl?" Tsukada, number 10 in the starting lineup, asked under his breath.

Lucas had no answer and just laughed awkwardly.

'Why didn't I get it right this time? What about my new skill?'

[The hit chance of the skill <First Kick Advanced> is 25%. The closer you are to the target, the higher the chance, and the farther you are, the lower the chance].

[With effort and practice, it's possible to increase the hit probability of the skill <First Kick Advanced> to 50% at medium distance.]

Céos was merciless in his analysis.

Lucas felt a pang of frustration because he thought that the hit probability of this skill was 100%. However, it also made sense that a skill like this wouldn't have such a high hit probability, otherwise it would be too broken. Normally, he wouldn't even be able to hit the ball the first time.

"Come on, Lucas! Shake it off and let's go!" shouted Baro, the number 9 of the first team, to encourage him.

Despite Baro's words of encouragement, the game remained the same for the next few minutes, and in the last minute, Baro personally increased the score for the first team.

[Final score: First Team 6 x 0 Reserve Team.]

Lucas couldn't change the pace of the game or secure victory, so he knelt on the ground and punched the turf, frustrated at failing in his first mission.

'Shit, shit, shit! Maybe if I hadn't kicked it in the first place... No, I should have kicked it!'

[Mission "The First Step of the Second Chance" failed].

[There will be a penalty for failing a mission].

[The punishment will be...]

[Daily Mission: "Effort X Reward" completed].

[Daily Mission: Effort X Reward.

Description: You're not good enough, try harder.

Daily goal:

0/100 Pushups

0/100 Abs

0/100 Squats

0/10KM Run

Rewards:

+1 Star Point.

+1 Loot Box].

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998

NEXT CHAPTERS:

04 - Copy Conditions
07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

"Did I get a new mission because I failed another one?" Lucas asked himself, still on his knees, lamenting his defeat.

Priiiii! A whistle blew from one side of the field. Everyone looked in the direction of the sound and saw Mr. Yamamoto taking his old metal whistle out of his mouth.

"Please gather everyone here." Mr. Yamamoto said, gesturing with his hand for all the players to come forward.

Tired and very sweaty, Lucas stood up and walked to the edge of the field where all the players of the soccer club were gathered.

"Today's practice was very good and much more intense than usual. Can any of you tell me why?" Mr. Yamamoto was the coach of the soccer club and also a physical education teacher at School Wushia, so he was very didactic in his conversations with the boys.

One player raised his hand. "Is it because the summer championships are coming up?"

"Very good, Kaue. I think that's the main reason, too. Everyone on both teams was doing their best because they wanted to be in the starting lineup for the opening game of the tournament, right? I admire that about you guys. And it's not just me..." Mr. Yamamoto pointed behind him, and there were several students from the other clubs watching them through the bars.

"Wow, they're really fast. Do you think they can do well this year?" One of the spectators commented to his friend as he turned to leave.

"I don't know much about soccer, but they seemed to be trying hard. If they show that will in the league, they'll impress." The other replied with a shrug.

Mr. Yamamoto drew a small smile on his wrinkled face. "You see? Even the other students are starting to notice how hard you work. So you should know that even those of you who don't start in the first team in the first game will still be able to help us a lot during the championship. After all, substitutions exist in soccer to make the game more dynamic and fun."

The coach, with his wise face and small eyes, looked at his students. They were all tired and worried.

"I can see that you're all waiting for something," Mr. Yamamoto said in a calm voice that cut through the silence like a knife. "I know you're anxious to know who's going to start the first game, but I'm going to reflect about it. It's not the kind of thing you decide on the spur of the moment. I'm going to watch the training footage, analyze each of you, and consider not just today's performance, but your effort, your dedication, and your tactics. You deserve that consideration."

There was a collective murmur of mixed relief and a minor disappointment. Lucas felt a mixture of conflicting emotions. Part of him was relieved that there was no immediate decision, but another part longed to know the outcome.

"I will send a message to each of you individually later, informing you of my decision and the reason for it," Mr. Yamamoto continued, nodding. "For now, you are dismissed. Rest, rehydrate, and prepare for Saturday. Remember, the road to victory is paved with hard work and perseverance."

The players began to disperse, walking slowly toward the locker rooms.

Lucas dragged himself along with them, feeling the weight of fatigue on his shoulders. He entered the locker room and began to change. Every movement seemed more difficult when he was too tired, but as a former office worker with back pain, it wasn't that bothersome.

As he walked to the school's exit gate, Lucas saw someone standing there waiting for him. It was Baro.

"Shall we go?" Baro asked with his usual serious face.

"Yes." Lucas replied.

However, Baro noticed that Lucas' answer seemed more automatic than usual, so he asked:

"You're still thinking about the game, aren't you?"

Lucas nodded.

"Are you worried about not being in the starting lineup because you played badly today? If so, don't worry too much. The coach will look at your performance in other training sessions and you played well when you came on at the end. You even scored a goal."

"I know, but the competition in the first team midfield is very tough. Even if I played well for a few minutes, it might not be enough and..."

Slap!

Suddenly, Baro slapped Lucas' back. "Don't overthink it, Tanaka! Just trust..."

"It's easy to talk about being the team's leading scorer and... Wait a minute, why do you call me by my second name and when it's Kenji, you call him by his first name?" Lucas stopped walking and asked.

Baro gave him a puzzled look. Lucas' question seemed to have an obvious answer, but it wasn't obvious to Lucas. Baro looked down and scratched the back of his head, a nervous habit.

"Ah, so you forgot our promise..." Baro began, his tone lower than usual.

"Promise?"

"Do you remember when we were sitting on the park field after a game a few years ago? We were talking about the names we wanted on our jerseys when we turned pro."

Lucas blinked, trying to remember. The last fourteen stressful years had etched over many of his old memories, erasing most of them, but then the aforementioned memory slowly resurfaced.

On that day, Lucas Baro was laughing and dreaming far into the future.

"Ah, yes..." Lucas murmured as the pieces fell into place. "I chose Tanaka because..."

"Because it's your grandfather's name, and you said you wanted to honor him." Baro added with a slight smile. "And I chose Baro because, well, it's my family name."

Lucas laughed. "Sound cool? It doesn't sound like something you would do these days."

"But it's a promise. I won't change it until we go pro."

So many years had passed since Lucas had a casual conversation with Baro. It was too nostalgic for Lucas to walk home in the evening.

He and Baro had been close friends since they were kids, because although they had different personalities, they shared the dream of becoming professional soccer players.

However, that friendship ended sooner than either of them expected, specifically after that summer league. In Lucas' past life, Baro had a great championship and was the second highest scorer, while Lucas did what his position required and distributed passes. In the end, Baro was chosen to participate in the JFA's big project to change Japanese soccer: the Blue Lock. And Lucas Tanaka went on to play in regional championships with Wushia College until the end of high school.

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998

NEXT CHAPTERS:

04 - Copy Conditions
07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

In his former life, Lucas Tanaka wasn't very close to his family. However, growing up and moving away from them hurt more than he could have imagined.

He had a mother who ran the household. A woman with delicate features, almond eyes, and black hair. Her name was Ayumi Tanaka.

Ayumi was traveling to the United States when she met Lucas' father, John Tanaka, an American with black hair and blue eyes.

John was a man of medium height, with an air of seriousness that was often intimidating, but a gentle smile that could warm anyone's heart.

Lucas also had a younger sister. Hana was her name, a bright and vibrant girl, only three years younger than Lucas, or thirteen. They had always been close, perhaps because they were close in age.

Although not a family with much conflict, the Tanaka family had its challenges. John worked relentlessly at a patent office, putting in long hours to provide a stable life for his family. Ayumi, on the other hand, devoted herself to the home and the small flower shop she owned in the neighborhood.

Running the flower shop took a lot out of Ayumi, often leaving her exhausted at the end of the day, so Lucas and Hana always helped her keep the house organized.

Lucas grew up seeing the sacrifices his parents made. He would see his father go out early and come back late, almost always looking tired, yet trying to hide the dark circles under his glasses and his exhaustion with a forced smile. This was one of the main reasons why Lucas had so "easily" given up his dream of becoming a professional soccer player. He didn't want to burden his parents with his decisions.

"For these reasons, I need to become a professional as soon as possible and secure a salary! That way, my parents can enjoy life more!" Lucas said to himself as he stood at the door of his house.

Then Lucas looked at his house again and admired it. It wasn't an immense house, but it was the house he lived in until he moved to Tokyo to go to college, so it brought back so many memories. He touched the doorknob in front of him, turned it, and saw his house after so long.

The door creaked softly as it opened, like a welcome. He entered slowly and stood there in shock. Everything was just as he remembered it. The bright yellow walls of the foyer, the familiar smell of fresh flowers, and the cozy feeling of being home again filled his senses. However, the house seemed empty, shrouded in a silence that almost made him doubt if anyone was really there. He took a few tentative steps, listening to the muffled sound of his own shoes on the wooden floor, and began to remove his shoes.

Then Lucas heard the faint sound of footsteps coming down the stairs, followed by an excited cry.

"Lucas!" Hana, his sister, appeared at the top of the stairs. Her face beamed with joy.

She quickly descended the stairs, skipping the last two steps to fall straight down, and excitedly approach her brother.

"How many goals have you scored today? Six?! No, seven?!" she asked excitedly.

Just then, Ayumi Tanaka appeared at the end of the main corridor, drying her hands with a dishcloth. She looked at her son and said, "Son, I'm glad you're okay," she said. "Welcome back."

Lucas felt an overwhelming emotion when he saw her. He blinked quickly to keep the tears from forming. The sight of his mother and sister contrasted sharply with the memories of the loneliness of his small apartment in Tokyo, where he felt so alone every night.

"How are you, Mom?" he asked, his voice cracking a little.

"We're all fine, aren't we?" replied Ayumi, looking a little worried.

"It's nothing. I'm just a little tired."

Ayumi smiled proudly. "That means you're hungry. Get out of your sweaty clothes and take a shower, then come down for dinner."

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998

NEXT CHAPTERS:

07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

07 - Star Level
When he got home, Lucas Tanaka took a shower and went down to the second floor, where he spent some time with Hana and Ayumi, his sister and mother, respectively. It was great for him to spend some time with them, especially as his work in Tokyo hadn't allowed him to visit his family regularly in his past life.

Lucas missed them so much that he talked to them about the whole game. Soon, Hana went to take his bath, and he was left alone with his mother.

When they were alone, Ayumi looked at her son all excited and said:

"Go for it! I'm sure you'll make it!" Her face was flushed, and she seemed a little embarrassed to be saying those words out loud, but you could clearly see the smile on her face and the sparkle in her eyes.

Ayumi's words gave Lucas the strength to remain committed to his goal, which was already very different from the timeline he had followed previously.

Over the years and his exhausting life in the office, Lucas Tanaka had convinced himself that his decision to give up his dream of becoming a professional footballer was something that his parents had also wanted and just hadn't said. However, this wasn't true. Ayumi and John had always supported him in any way they could.

So when Ayumi said those words of encouragement to him, Lucas grabbed her hands, looked into her eyes and promised:

"Yes, Mom! I'm going to be a starter in the league and I'm going to become a professional soccer player!"

However, not everything would be easier for Lucas in his second chance.

Plim!

When Mr. Yamamoto's message arrived, the content wasn't quite what Lucas had expected.

{Coach Yamamoto: Good evening, Tanaka. I hope you're recovering well from our intense training today (21:32).

Coach Yamamoto: Unfortunately, you won't be in the starting eleven for the first game of the summer league. You have skill and are great for your teammates, but at times you lack vision. Ideally, you should come on in the second half, when there are more gaps in the defense, so that you can get the best out of the forwards with your good passing. I hope he understands my decision and, if he thinks we're wrong, he'll show it when he gets on the pitch.}

Lucas was shocked. Despite the poor start and the many misplaced passes, he had played a good game and managed to set up good moves. How could he not be in the starting eleven?

"Is it possible that he thought I did well just because the game was at the end?" Lucas asked himself after putting his cell phone down on the nightstand next to his bed.

[Yes, it's possible. You showed a better performance during the end of the game in the reserve team than during the beginning in the first team.] said the voice in Lucas' mind again.

"You! Arghh! I'd forgotten all about you."

[Do you prefer me to keep quiet during your introspections and reflections?]

"Yes, I mean, no... You can be useful." Lucas said. "First, now that we're alone, I can ask: who are you?"

[As I said before: I'm Céos].

"And what do you want from me?"

[Nothing. I'm just another of your many abilities. Céos, the God of Wisdom. I have no emotions and am driven only by purely logical calculations. I don't care about anyone but you."]

Lucas was still a little suspicious, but suddenly the memory of the knife in his chest and his mind fading came to the surface. He lowered his head and, with a melancholy tone, asked:

"You, the mission windows, the fact that I'm back in time... Was all that because I died?"

[Yes. Although I can't explain the reasons, I believe that your death was the trigger for all these events.]

"And who did it? Who is giving me this chance?"

[...]

[I don't know how to answer that question.]

"Right..." Lucas looked down at his hands. They looked so small and thin. "So, if even the God of Wisdom can't answer me, there's no point in wasting time thinking about these things. I need to know, Céos, what my abilities are." He stood up, cheering himself up.

[You currently have seven abilities. Among them are: <Replicator Genius>, <Champion System>...]

"Is there a visual way of showing this?"

[It's possible to check all your skills visually using the <Champion System> skill].

"And how do I activate it? Use the <Champion System> skill!" Lucas tried to say the command out loud, but nothing happened.

[Voice commands are unnecessary. All you have to do is will the <Champion System> to appear and it will."]

"Wish? Ah, okay, I can try."

Lucas closed his eyes, held both hands out in front of him, and imagined that the same screen he saw during the soccer match would appear in front of him. When he opened his eyes, there was the window that looked like it had come straight out of an RPG game.

+

===

Player name: Lucas Tanaka

Star Level: 1

===

[Attributes]

Speed: 25

Shooting: 21

Dribbling: 17

Defense: 9

Physical: 14

Passing: 22

===

[Talents]

Ball Control: 0

Endurance: 0

Strength: 0

Heading: 0

Scoring: 0

Vision: 0

Positioning: 0

===

Mystical Skills: <Céos>; <Sharp Intuition>; <Attribute Progression>; <Supernatural Resistance>; <Champion System>; <Replicator Genius>;

===

Soccer Skills: <Advanced First Kick>

+

"Man, it's no wonder I was placed as a reserve. I'm zero in talents and, calculating here, my overall is 17." With a hand to his face, Lucas said as he stared at that data window. "Also, what is this thing called 'Star Level'? I remember seeing it somewhere."

[Star Level is the Champion System's way of measuring how famous you are. You have a star, which means you're not even an amateur player. I estimate that for you to reach the level of a low-level professional player you need 14 stars.] said Céos.

"What? 14? Is that serious?"

[Yes. Even the worst professional players are hundreds of times better than ordinary people, even much better than normal high school kids like you].

"You tell me I'm not an amateur player and then you put me on the same level as ordinary people... You're going to hurt me like that!"

[If you want to know, in front of a professional footballer, the difference between amateur footballers and normal people doesn't exist.]

"Okay, okay. I've managed to understand how incredible professional footballers are."

[Warning! The Daily Mission has not yet been completed! Complete it or your attributes may decrease].

"Wait, the daily mission I received at the end of the game was for today? Shit!" Lucas got out of bed quickly. "I can't afford to lose attributes. All the ones I have are already too low!"

P-atreon.com/palmer_1998

NEXT CHAPTERS:

07 - Star Level
08 - Daily Mission
09 - Shoei Baro
10 - <Stellar Impulse>
12 - Rival Schools
13 - Tactical Formation
15 - Troubleshooter
16 - Evolution
17 - Injury
18 - Option to Pass

nice start looks interesting

08 - Daily Mission New
Lucas ran out of the room, feeling a rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins. He ran down the stairs quickly, making a lot of noise.

Ayumi was startled when she heard the noise. When she went to see what it was, Lucas was putting on a shoe and his jacket at the same time.

"Where are you going? It's late." She asked, a little confused.

Lucas was balancing on his right leg as he tried to put the shoe on his left foot.

"I'm just going to the store to get a drink to replenish my electrolytes. I'll be right back!" Lucas said, opening the door to the house.

"All right, but don't be too long!"

"Right!"

The sky outside was very dark, which immediately reminded Lucas of the moment of his death. He felt a tightness in his chest. It was fear, maybe terror. But that wouldn't stop him.

"Come on, come on..." Lucas muttered to himself as his footsteps echoed down the street.

He wanted to run to the local park, where he could get some exercise, and that would also cover half of the distance he needed to run.

As he ran towards the park, Lucas felt the cold night wind on his face. He passed people on their way home from work, some of whom waved as he passed. And he didn't even recognize most of these people anymore. He probably should have, but he didn't. After all, it had been 14 years since he had been a young man again.

Soon, each step seemed harder than the last and his lungs began to burn from lack of air. But it was almost 10 p.m. and he couldn't stop, not when he could actually lose attributes.

"Man, I really screwed up this time..." he thought as he adjusted his pace and tried to conserve his energy.

It took longer than expected, but Lucas arrived at the local park. It was empty and identical to the place he remembered.

The local park was on the edge of a forest, so there were a lot of trees and the place was pretty empty at night. Fortunately, the training area was right at the entrance. Lucas didn't have to go deeper into the park to complete his mission.

The squats and sit-ups were relatively easy for Lucas. He didn't like to brag about it, but he was more athletic than most boys his age.

The pushups were the real challenge. Soccer had made his legs strong since he was a kid, but soccer didn't help him develop strength in his upper limbs at all, so Lucas was quite skinny. He had to break the pushups into sessions, twenty at a time, and even then it was very difficult.

By the end, Victor's arms were shaking, and he was exhausted. But Céos didn't let him forget the main goal.

[You have 48 minutes left before the daily mission fails.]

Immediately after finishing his push-ups, Lucas had to run back to his house.

Each mile seemed like an eternity. He kept the system window open to monitor the distance he was running in real time.

A professional runner could cover 5 kilometers in about 25 minutes, maintaining an extraordinary pace of 5 minutes per kilometer.

Lucas' greatest attribute was speed, but he was far from running like a pro. Therefore, it would take Lucas 40 to 50 minutes to run this 5K. If he made it, he would be right on schedule.

His footsteps echoed in his mind, like a steady beat he had to follow. He passed a small grocery store with its fluorescent lights shining brightly, then a house with a dog barking excitedly behind a fence.

When he finally reached the corner of his house, his body ached so much that he had to stop to catch his breath.

"Ha... Ha..." He gasped with his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

Sweat was dripping from his face, and his back was soaked. He could feel it. His lungs seemed to be on fire, and every breath was a struggle.

Suddenly, a system window appeared in front of him.

[Daily Mission Completed].

[Congratulations! You've completed the "Effort X Reward" daily mission.]

[You have increased your Physical by 3 points.]

[You have increased your Speed by 2 points.]

[You have received the following rewards: +1 Star Point and +1 Loot Box].

Lucas lifted his head, looked at the pop-ups that appeared before his eyes, and smiled, but the smile soon faded.

"That was... horrible. Please, God, never let me go through that again."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The next morning, when Lucas' alarm clock beeped, and he opened his eyes, the mission was there again.

[Daily Mission: Effort X Reward.

Description: You're not good enough. Try harder.

Daily goal:

0/100 pushups

0/100 abs

0/100 Squats

0/10KM run

Rewards:

+1 Star Point

+1 Loot Box].

Lucas rubbed his eyes and stared at the bright system screen, which once again displayed the daily mission. He let out a long, exasperated sigh.

"Ahh... Of course, it is a daily mission. It won't be that easy to get rid of it." Lucas said to himself. "But if I have to go through this every day, I at least have to know if it's worth it." He muttered to himself and decided to take a closer look at the system.

Without even washing his face, the first thing Lucas did that morning was browse through the options on the Champion System interface. He had seen something the night before, but had left it until the next day to check it out more calmly.

"Yes, here it is."

He found a section marked "Inventory" that he hadn't explored yet. His fingers moved over the holographic screen and he clicked on the chest icon. To his surprise, an inventory appeared, very much like those in role-playing games, with those many square slots. There were many empty spaces, and the only one that glowed was occupied by a small golden box labeled "Loot Box".

Lucas' eyes widened in disbelief.

"So... it's real?" He asked in disbelief. "I actually get physical rewards for these efforts, and they're stored here?"

Lucas touched the golden box, and a menu appeared with the option of opening the loot box. Eager to see where it would go, he selected OPEN.

The virtual box collapsed into inventory lights, visually revealing a series of items.

[You must select an item from

1 - Small Healing Potion.

2 - Speed Boots (+2 speed).

3 - Restorative Elixir.]

Lucas blinked a few times, trying to absorb the information. 'A healing potion? Speed Boots? And Restorative Elixir?' He was confused. It was as if he was playing a game.

"This is unbelievable..." He whispered, still in shock. Of all the absurd things that had happened to him in the past day, this game of his life was the most out of touch with reality.

His thoughts were interrupted by a line from Céos.

[You can access your inventory at any time to use the items you have purchased.]

Still sitting on his bed, Lucas decided to experiment. He selected the healing potion, and as if by magic, the potion appeared in his hand.

[You have selected 'Small Healing Potion'.]

It was a small glass bottle with a bright red liquid inside. This could be useful if he was injured before the championship and needed a quick recovery.

Lucas held it for a moment, still incredulous, before deciding to put it back in his inventory. The potion disappeared from his hand and returned to virtual space.

"So that's how it works..." Lucas muttered to himself. Then he remembered the speed boots.

With a smile on his face, he got up from his bed, put a hand to his face, and a broad grin appeared on his face.

"If I choose the speed boots later, the daily mission will be much easier? Why didn't I think of that? I have to take the test."

Just like that, Lucas began to understand a little more about how overpowered the Champion system was.

09 - Shoei Baro New
Right after breakfast, Lucas Tanaka hurried out of the house again.

Hana looked at Ayumi and asked with her mouth full:

"Mom, why did little brother leave so early? We're on summer vacation, there's no school today. Did he forget?"

Ayumi smiled at Hana and put more rice on the table. "No, he didn't forget that he's on vacation. I think he's just a little upset with himself."

"Hmm?" Hana didn't understand what Ayumi meant. "Why should he be upset?"

"Because Mr. Yamamoto didn't start him in the first game of the summer league."

The confused look on Hana's face didn't change, even after her mother explained. Hana was the kind of girl who thought soccer was cool, but she only knew the basic concept of which goal was cool.

"Huh? Is Mr. Yamamoto still strict?" A heavyset person entered the conversation. It was John, Lucas' father, who entered the kitchen.

Ayumi laughed at her husband's remark. "Do you still think he's strict because he didn't let you coach the team?"

"He should have, but he said I was too American to know the rules that make soccer different from football." John adjusted his tie and approached Ayumi. "Please, dear, help me with this."

"Does that mean little brother is bad?" Hana asked, stuffing more food into her mouth.

John looked back over his shoulder and explained, "Of course not! Your brother is a very good player, but Mr. Yamamoto is very strict. I bet he's doing this to Lucas to teach him a lesson. Don't worry, I bet Lucas' team will make it to the semi-finals and we'll be able to watch them live in Nagoya."

"That's right. And he'll score a lot of goals." Ayumi said after she finished tying John's tie. Then she kissed his cheek and said, "Now go eat before the rice gets cold, dear."

Surprisingly, Lucas managed to complete the exercises faster than the night before.

[Daily Mission Completed]

[Congratulations! You've completed the "Effort X Reward" daily mission.]

[You have increased your Physique by 1 point.]

[You have increased your Speed by 1 point].

[You have received the following rewards: +1 Star Point and +1 Loot Box].

Still, he was panting heavily and sweating profusely. He could barely breathe, but he smiled with relief when he saw the mission completion message.

"Haa... I don't know how I'm holding up..." He said to himself, panting.

Staggering, Lucas went to the water fountain in the local park and stuck his head under the tap to cool off. He let the cool water run down his face, feeling every drop relieve the stifling summer heat.

The sound of the cicadas was almost deafening, an incessant chorus echoing through the still empty park.

Then he slowly turned away from the faucet, ran a hand through his wet hair, and took a deep breath.

As he staggered to a nearby bench, Lucas' mind began to replay the events that had brought him to this point. It hadn't been long since he had been nothing more than a tired wage earner, stuck in a relentless work routine. For years he had buried his passion for soccer, believing it to be a dying flame, a youthful dream that would never come true. But on the night he died, everything changed.

Either by luck or for some mysterious reason, he was given a new opportunity to rewrite his story and decided to dedicate himself with all his being to fulfilling his dream of becoming a professional soccer player.

The summer championship was his big chance, and he couldn't afford to miss it.

He looked up at the blue sky, his eyes squinting against the intense glare of the sun. "I'll make it," he muttered to himself, feeling a wave of renewed determination. "I have to make it."

The sound of his cell phone vibrating interrupted his thoughts. Lucas quickly took the device out of his pocket and saw that it was a message from Baro, his best friend.

[Baro: I'm already in the usual place, waiting for you.]

[Tanaka: What? Why?]

[Baro: ?]

[Baro: Don't you remember what I asked you to do?]

[Tanaka: Oh yes! I just remembered. I'm in the park now. Can you come?]

[Baro: What? You didn't even wait for me? :|!]

[Tanaka: Sorry, I ran out and didn't realize! Sorry, sorry!]

[Baro: Dude, I'm coming. I'll be right there].

It was only through Baro's messages that Lucas remembered that he had promised to help Baro learn how to pass, and that he hadn't been chosen by Mr. Yamamoto as a starter at his last chance, either. Such old memories didn't come easily, but reliving those moments made it easier for him to remember.

Anyway, even though he had promised Baro that he would try to help him, there was nowhere for him to go. He just sat on the bench, closed his eyes and waited.

A light breeze brought the sound of approaching footsteps faster than Lucas had expected. He opened his eyes to see Baro running toward him, a soccer ball tucked tightly under his arm.

"Hey, shall we go?" Baro said, looking focused.

After that, the two of them went to the park's futsal field. The court was empty, surrounded by a wire fence and with a weathered concrete floor.

Baro was the classic center forward. He was tall and physically stronger than most players, not to mention an absurd finishing ability. However, Baro lacked all the skills expected of a striker. In fact, most of the time, Baro didn't even know how to pass the ball without making a mistake, so the ball almost always came to him for him to finish.

Baro was bothered by his own limitations, so he was determined to change.

"Okay, Baro," Lucas said, catching his breath after laughing. "Let's start with the basics. First of all, you need to learn how to stop the ball and make accurate passes. Without that, no matter how much you run or shoot, you won't be able to create good opportunities for others. Go to the area, I'll demonstrate, and you should repeat afterwards."

"All right."

Lucas kicked the ball into the corner. In the futsal field, the space was much smaller and therefore did not require as much strength and technique. Lucas then kicked the ball and made a perfect cross. The ball came in high and slightly curved, right where Baro was standing.

Suddenly, Baro bent his legs and made an impressive leap to head the ball straight into the goal.

The ball went into the back of the net with a satisfying thud.

Baro fell to the ground with a huge smile on his face. His greatest joy was scoring goals.

"It was a perfect ball." Baro thanked him.

Lucas didn't even react to the goal. To Baro, Lucas seemed to stare into nothingness.

"Are you okay, man?"

However, Lucas was focused on something else in front of his eyes.

[The player Shoei Baro has just demonstrated the skill <Stellar Impulse>. Do you want to check the copying conditions for this skill?]

10 - <Stellar Impulse> New
"What's the matter, Tanaka? Are you angry because I finished?" Baro asked, confused by the look on Lucas' face.

His friend's question brought Lucas back to reality, and he shook his head.

"It's not that. I was just surprised at how high you jumped. How do you do that?"

"Why are you asking me now? I thought we were here because you wanted to teach me how to pass."

"Yes, that's why we're here. But it's only fair that you teach me something as well, right?"

The truth was, there was a reason why Lucas wanted Baro to teach him how to jump up to his head.

[Skill Copy Conditions <Stellar Impulse>: Beat Baro's pride and make him teach you the technique he uses to jump higher].

"First of all," Lucas continued. "Why did you jump before the ball I kicked reached you? I'm sure the ball would have landed on your foot if you hadn't jumped up and headed it before it did."

Baro walked over to the goal, picked up the ball, and squeezed it. "I'm a goal-scoring striker. It's natural for me to try to touch the ball as soon as I get a cross. Whether it's a corner or a cross after a through ball, defenders always get in front of big strikers like me to keep the ball out, so I also have to get forward and fight to get a header on the ball."

"So you think..." Lucas finished.

"Hey, of course I think! I'm not an airhead!" Baro shouted, annoyed that he was being honest.

"Calm down, calm down! I didn't mean that I think you're stupid or anything! I was just surprised that this was a well thought out action."

"Argh! Strikers have to think too, not just put the ball in the net and go out to celebrate."

That day, Lucas noticed something he had never noticed before. On the field, the players were like cogs in a gigantic clock. If the goal was like the bell ringing at noon on the clock, the strikers were the last cogs.

"I think... I want to be a striker." For the first time, Lucas expressed an idea that had been forming in his mind since he had gone back in time.

Baro looked at Lucas in surprise. He had always known Lucas as a classic No8, a midfielder who rarely missed a pass, so he had never imagined him as a striker.

Baro let out a deep sigh, tossed the ball up, and caught it again before speaking.

"It's difficult to be a striker, Tanaka. Most soccer players dream of being strikers when they're kids. They want to be the heroes, the ones who score the goals and get standing ovations from the crowd. But as time goes on, many discover that they don't have the talent or the mentality, and end up moving backwards on the pitch to find positions that suit them better. Even goalkeepers dream of being strikers at first, before realizing that their skills are better suited to defense than offense."

Lucas knew that his friend was right. Being a striker wasn't just a matter of wanting to be one, it was a matter of having the talent and determination to face the greatest challenges and expectations that came with the position. It was an absurd amount of pressure.

Normally, Lucas wouldn't dream of such a thing, but with the Champion System, it seemed like an achievable goal.

"I understand that, Baro. I know that being a striker is one of the most difficult positions, and people expect more from a striker than from any other position on the pitch. That's why I need to learn how to score goals in every way. That's why I want you to teach me how to jump high so I can fight in the box. I want to learn everything I need to be a good striker like you."

Baro looked at Lucas' determined expression and realized that he was really committed to this new ambition. He couldn't deny the strength of his friend's will, and maybe, just maybe, Lucas could really make this change in position.

"All right, Tanaka," Baro said, tossing the ball to Lucas' feet. "I'll help you. But high jumping isn't just a question of leg strength; it involves technique, timing, and most of all, a lot of practice."

Lucas smiled. "That's why we're going to train together. You'll work on your passes and crosses, while I'll work on my headers and shots. Let's start now."

Baro nodded in agreement and began to explain the basics of the push-up.

"To jump high, the first thing you have to master is positioning. When you see the ball coming, you need to adjust your body to maximize the force and..."

It had been a long day, but by the end of it, Lucas and Baro had learned something completely new.

After a series of unsuccessful attempts, Lucas positioned himself in the area and waited for Baro's cross.

The ball came in high and fast. It wasn't a perfect header, but it was Baro's best cross yet.

With his eyes fixed on the trajectory, Lucas prepared to jump. He bent his knees and jumped with all the strength he could muster in his legs. In the air, he felt the lightness and power of the momentum, as if he were floating for a brief moment. That was inertia.

His head met the ball at the perfect point, and he headed it into the goal.

[Copy Conditions Achieved].

[Skill of <Stellar Impulse> acquired].

[<Star Boost> unleashed].

Lucas landed with a broad smile on his face, panting but triumphant. He looked at Baro, who was sweating and panting heavily.

"I did it..." Baro murmured, surprised by his pass.

"That was incredible, Baro! You did it!" Lucas shouted.

Baro, with his black hair, even looked a little shy. "Thanks... I mean, I would have done it before, but you never reached the ball!"

"Right. Well, let's keep practicing and get even better." Lucas picked up the ball.

"No, it's getting late. We haven't even had lunch, and tomorrow is travel day. We have to go back to the house and rest."

"You know you're a lot more regimented than you seem to others, right?" Lucas joked, but he was tired as well.

Just then, new notifications from the Champion System finally appeared.

[You have completed a training session. Your attributes can be increased...]

[You have increased your Headbutt skill by 5 points.]

[You have increased your Stance skill by 3 points.]

'So this is how I increase my talents?'

[Yes, your talents will be improved with training that focuses on those talents, because normal training can't improve them.] Céos replied quickly.

'Okay, but what's the difference between the "talents" and my normal attributes? Because my dribbling definitely won't be improved by doing push-ups.'

[The "dribbling" attribute is called that because dribbling requires agility. By developing your agility, you will improve your ability to complete dribbles. However, there is no way to measure your dribbling repertoire. Dribbling is a body technique that you have to learn on your own or get a special skill for. Some players dribble almost automatically].

'I see…'

"What are you doing, Tanaka? Take the ball and come on. I'll buy us a drink before we go!"

"I'll take coffee." Lucas said.

"Coffee? You sound like an old man sometimes."

Discord: https://discord.gg/PUdhacWtHr

Announcement! New
Hello, my dear readers!

I recently posted this new fanfic here on the site, and it was well received, and I'm grateful to everyone who read it.

However, I didn't post as many chapters for one reason: I enjoyed writing about soccer more than I thought I would, and I decided to turn this fanfic into an original work because I feel that as a fanfic, I would be too limited in the plot when it comes to Lucas Tanaka going to Bluelock, and that would make the novel predictable and boring. As an original novel, I have complete freedom to move forward and surprise the reader with the plot.

I can understand that some people might not like that, but I hope you understand the decision.

Anyway, the original novel is now available on my profile! If you're curious about how the story continues, you can read it right where you left off.

The only things that have changed are the names of Shoei Baro (now Tsuyoshi Nishida) and Meguru Bachira (now Shinto Ishikuno).

I hope you enjoy it!

Link:
https://www.webnovel.com/book/soccer-system-all-the-skills-one-player!_30423568105260305

Users who are viewing this thread

Back