• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

obvious questions... where is Zake,he's now a adopted prince so he would have had to suffer the torturous "family gathering" while his girlfriend was working is busy building a R&D department out of straw and clay.what does he even do anymore?Everyone around him growing in power,responsibility and maturity while he ...stays behind.

obvious questions... where is Zake,he's now a adopted prince so he would have had to suffer the torturous "family gathering" while his girlfriend was working is busy building a R&D department out of straw and clay.what does he even do anymore?Everyone around him growing in power,responsibility and maturity while he ...stays behind.
He's not family and he isn't dating family.

A/N-
For lack of a Zach, there dies the hope of pokemon battles as the official sport of Avalon.
I don't think either Taylor or Amelia would have been kosher with that idea. Dog fights probably make Taylor think of Bitch, and Bitch would slug Zach in his pretty face for suggesting it.

"Of course, then we face the risk of people with more money being able to acquire the more desirable versions," Crystal added. "It's a pretty big industry. Really good racehorses are worth millions, and once we start down the path of breeding the animals, that can become thing."
"that can become a thing", perhaps? I dunno, it's just that that last clause doesn't flow well.
For lack of a Zach, there dies the hope of pokemon battles as the official sport of Avalon.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
I realize Danny may not be aware of how completely safe, truck portable nuclear reactors were invented pre-Scion, but I would expect Accord to know this. Plastics are important enough to maintain an oil industry, but especially given Avalon's stated goals, needing significant amounts of fuel would be a Bad Thing.
Dog fights probably make Taylor think of Bitch, and Bitch would slug Zach in his pretty face for suggesting it.
There are ways around that issue, with the cuddlebugs being a prime example.

"More than just horses, though," I added. "Dinah's gryphon is definitely a very different kind of animal than the pegasi, both in terms of performance and personality.
I thought they were all basically just cats?
The first rule of pokemon fight club is: you do not talk about pokemon fight club.
Except Amelia and Taylor are 100% aware of every one. Actually, Taylor takes control some times in the middle of a fight to win a bet.
He's not family and he isn't dating family.
Emma is just another one of Taylor's sisters. Neither of them know it yet, of course.

Except Amelia and Taylor are 100% aware of every one. Actually, Taylor takes control some times in the middle of a fight to win a bet.
That's not an "except".

That's why the law says you don't talk about pokemon fight club.

If people did talk, they'd correlate Taylor's sleep-cycle and betting habits and figure out what's going on.

Emma is just another one of Taylor's sisters. Neither of them know it yet, of course.
Between Emma, Riley, Dragon, Cranial and Amelia, have they worked out a way for Emma to enjoy physical contact with her boyfriend yet?

Between Emma, Riley, Dragon, Cranial and Amelia, have they worked out a way for Emma to enjoy physical contact with her boyfriend yet?

The same theoretical way to let Amelia and Taylor enjoy sex without changing either of their orientations.

A remote controlled body of the preferred type.

Yeah it'd technically be having sex with a plant/mushroom but since when has something as trivial as that gotten in the way of them doing what they want to do?

He is unfortunately "Family" because Taylor and Amelia are his legal guardians,thus also making him 6th in line of the Avalonic God throne.
Sixth in line is actually the clones of Amelia and Taylor's clones. Or one of them is. The other's fifth.

They haven't even worked out a way for Emma to create an updated backup copy of herself.

Can they modify the brain so that different vegetable tastes taste like different chocolates? Because, lets face it, that's the only missing tech they need to get all the immigrants.

Sixth in line is actually the clones of Amelia and Taylor's clones. Or one of them is. The other's fifth.
they could try a 100 year vacation from politics and let Lisa reign as the Princess-Regent of Avalon,the next in line after her are Crystal,then Riley(no....:eek:) and lastly Zach.

They haven't even worked out a way for Emma to create an updated backup copy of herself.
Geez, she really is the forgotten child / black sheep.

Or is it because she can't un-Breaker herself fully, just swap between different Breaker states?

Have they tried CheVictoria body merge modification, like they do for other Case 53s?

A question that's been answered multiple times.

No they have not. Because Emma hasn't asked. Because she already knows it won't work.

Vicky's power works by reshaping organics- and ONLY reshape, she can't alter them on the fundamental level. Changing one tissue type to another is the most she can do. She can't even cure genetic disorders... although with some tweaking she can eliminate their symptoms... this has been established in canon.

Emma's entire nervous system has been converted to inorganic supercomputer material that also doubles as a system very much like fiberoptics that also doubles as an energy transfer conduit. This has been mostly established in canon. "Fiberoptics" is never used as a word in the description, but "inorganic" and "supercomputer" are.

... She can't be altered in any way that would restore her nervous system to human, because the parts of her body that can feel physical sensation as humans think of it are made of spacewhale bullshit materials.

Last edited:
Yay, worldbuilding! And it's even literal!

What I like most about this is that everyone with real power on Avalon is still a minor (by the American definition. Avalon can set its own laws). Taylor is probably getting her intellectual rocks off on being in charge of all this stuff.

"Might cut into our oil industry profits," Taylor responded. "We're looking into that as a way to keep us solvent as a nation in the long run."

"Well, I can guarantee that none of the artificial animals will be able to survive without the Yggdrasil," I suggested. "They're dependent on it to provide food they can store and process correctly. Same thing we did with our modified bugs as a failsafe to prevent them from becoming an invasive species.
Remarks about the evil oil companies aside, I have to wonder about the necessity of keeping the creatures dependent on Yggdrasil. That works for now, but they're shooting for a working ecosystem without Amelia's constant management, right? Maybe they ought to start making pockets of non-dependent life to see if they can get something growing.

"Wait just a second," Vicky interupted. "Did we just casually discuss ruling the world by creating dozens of mythological animals, manipulating trillion dollar industries on four different worlds, and inventing a new sport, all within, like, ten to fifteen minutes?"
Welcome to the New Illuminati, Vicky. Complimentary billion-dollar bills are in the dish.

A question that's been answered multiple times.

No they have not. Because Emma hasn't asked. Because she already knows it won't work.

Emma's entire nervous system has been converted to inorganic supercomputer material that also doubles as a system very much like fiberoptics that also doubles as an energy transfer conduit. This has been mostly established in canon. "Fiberoptics" is never used as a word in the description, but "inorganic" and "supercomputer" are.

... She can't be altered in any way that would restore her nervous system to human, because the parts of her body that can feel physical sensation as humans think of it are made of spacewhale bullshit materials.

Obviously we need Dragon-sensei expertise on this, since Emma is pretty much a walking supercomputer now.

Heh, I like the 'sport' ideas.

Yes, Pegasus Racing could become something. As could Dragonette Pets, Gryphon Riding, Dragon Riding and so on.

But we forget, that sometimes, people want a sport with proper physical contact. Some people enjoy the full contact aspect of some sports.

Thus, we have T-Rex Jousting!

Wonder if there's a way they could duplicate this, or otherwise manipulate it.

Could Vicky and Chevalier alter Emma at all, since Chevalier's power is capable of manipulating Endbringer material, or would it be too likely that they could end up doing irreparable damage, not even being able to get close to the point that they could make a back-up?

Emma does have organic material. Her skeletal structure and muscle tissue are more or less still human. Her skin is human. All of it is only being kept alive by virtue of Bullshit Space Whale (TM), but it's human.

The nervous system and brain fall under much the same umbrella as Weld. Really, the only differences between the two is she's crystalline instead of metallic, and she has a fleshy outer layer for purely cosmetic purposes.

And it's really hard to do anything "irreparable" to Emma without flat out killing her. Bullshit Space Whale (TM), remember?

So they can't effect her, in much the same way (or pretty close, anyhow,) that they can't effect Weld? Wasn't 100% sure but figured it would probably be something like that.

I'm pretty sure that racing alone won't be enough to fill the spots of all sports in a world. Zach could still suggest pokemon battles. Also, as for the dog fighting moral quandary, just don't give the pokemon brains that can think for themselves or feel pain.

Everyone around him growing in power,responsibility and maturity while he ...stays behind.

I don't think that Zach cares about power, I know that he doesn't want responsibility, and I'm pretty sure that he's morally opposed to the very concept of maturity.

I don't think that Zach cares about power, I know that he doesn't want responsibility, and I'm pretty sure that he's morally opposed to the very concept of maturity.

And yet, those moments of insight he gives when they're needed put the lie to that statement, as does his awful jokes at just the right moment to lighten the mood or take the pressure off. He just seems to prefer being the Jokester, rather than trying to be Too Serious, as too many Capes try for.

Emma does have organic material. Her skeletal structure and muscle tissue are more or less still human. Her skin is human. All of it is only being kept alive by virtue of Bullshit Space Whale (TM), but it's human.

The nervous system and brain fall under much the same umbrella as Weld. Really, the only differences between the two is she's crystalline instead of metallic, and she has a fleshy outer layer for purely cosmetic purposes.

And it's really hard to do anything "irreparable" to Emma without flat out killing her. Bullshit Space Whale (TM), remember?
Does this mean she's functionally immortal because she's stop aging.

I would play the shit out of Griffon Polo. That may be because I'm white and upperish-middle class.

I would risk my life in a Dragon Rodeo. Probably because I'm Texan.

You know, I'm starting to think of little side events for a Dragon Rodeo. A game for children where they chase cuddle bugs and the kid who gets the most wins a prize. Trick Pegasus riding competition. Chimera Wrangling. Watching clowns narrowly avoid great gout of fire.

Everyone I have ever known would love this shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back