• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

The Chief Director sat forward a little. "I take it you haven't heard, then? Minerva has quit her position in Pantheon."
Saw that one coming honestly. It was pretty obvious that Lisa was trying her damnest to get Taylor and Amelia to kick her out so that she could leave while still being the "victim" before Taylor Social Judo-ed her.

So,Lisa threw away Taylor's second chance in her face and walked away.it makes sense, her first instinct was to run away when her family life turned toxic when she found out they were using her.I could imagine her running away from Taylor thinking that after all the terrible things said and done,she would think they just using her as well.

Last edited:
Minerva has quit her position in Pantheon

Might be nothing but note the way that is phrased. It doesn't say 'Minerva has left Pantheon' it says she quit her position in Pantheon. She may still be a member and just no longer a leader, which would make sense considering a lot of Pantheon members wouldn't want to follow her orders anymore after this stunt and it would mollify the PRT. Removing some of the strain on Lisa would probably be good for her too.

So,Lisa threw away Taylor's second chance in her face and walked away.it make sense her first instinct was to run away when her family life turned toxic when she found out they're were using her.I could imagine her running away from Taylor thinking that after all the terrible things said and done,she would think they just using her as well.

Might be nothing but note the way that is phrased. It doesn't say 'Minerva has left Pantheon' it says she quit her position in Pantheon. She may still be a member and just no longer a leader, which would make sense considering a lot of Pantheon members wouldn't want to follow her orders anymore after this stunt and it would mollify the PRT. Removing some of the strain on Lisa would probably be good for her too.
Likewise, even if she officially is no-longer employed by Pantheon, that doesn't mean she really left. 'Five groups' does not necessarily mean 'five unconnected groups' (and remember, that was is from Dinah, who didn't know that Taylor was going to kill herself ending Butcher, because she could see Taylor #2 in the future).

Perhaps she's forming her own group, or acting as Pantheon's liaison to Cauldron (or both, for that matter).

Has Chevalier never met Costa-Brown in person? If he has, why hasn't he noticed that she's a cape?
I'm guessing that RCB has been very, very careful to stay away from anyone who can tell if someone's got powers just from looking. Also, from shaking Amy's hand.

47259119.jpg

The woman was in remarkably good appearance for her age and he stress of her position.
the
"Both you and Victoria have Thinker powers and a long term interaction, if my information is correct."
I've been waiting for someone to point that out. Didn't think it was going to be RCB that did it, though.
Well that one line ruined the chapter for me and was my last straw for the fic as a whole. Goodbye.

*unwatches both threads*
This is why you shouldn't read TanaNari's author's notes.

Besides, the author wants feedback, the author isn't getting the kind of feedback he/she/it/duck wants, it is the author's prerogative to write the story as they see fit.

The phone was answered on the first ring. "Director Costa-Brown's office, this is Patrick speaking. Please state your business?"
"No, this is-"

Dammit, Dasstan beat me to it.

The Chief Director sat forward a little. "I take it you haven't heard, then? Minerva has quit her position in Pantheon."

I want to be surprised, but I kinda expected this. Lisa got her closure with Taylor, but the situation there is just too toxic for anyone. Taylor-Prime was the only real reason Lisa stuck around, and now that she's got Rebecca to pal around with, it's just the logical thing to do.

You know, the way Pantheon seems to be falling apart reminds me of Wildbow's statement on Cauldron's activities; namely, propping up parahuman organizations. It's apparently exceptionally difficult to keep large groups running because of drama and PTSD cropping up and fucking things, which is just what we saw here. Without Cauldron running interference on things, issues bubble up and explode.

I imagine that Lisa will either join Cauldron to be with Rebecca, or Rebecca will leave Cauldron and the two of them will form their own group. Or perhaps they'll take over the Protectorate and try to lead it without Cauldron's puppet-strings.

Pantheon will probably produce a Lisa-clone for her power and fiddle with the mind and memories to get a new person. Lisa doesn't think they're the originals, so there's no objection. They're just custom-crafting a host for the passenger to latch onto.

Pantheon will probably produce a Lisa-clone for her power and fiddle with the mind and memories to get a new person. Lisa doesn't think they're the originals, so there's no objection. They're just custom-crafting a host for the passenger to latch onto.
That's terrible for several reasons.

First, the tech doesn't work like that. If they fiddle with the clone's brain and memories then the passenger won't connect, and if they decant the clone first then we get into point two.

Second, Lisa (or clone Lisa for that matter) hasn't done anything to deserve being mindraped. This is a procedure they have limited to the worst scum they ever encounter who are too useful to just kill, they aren't going to torture Lisa with it just out of expediency.

Third, they in no way want to set a precedent that clones aren't real people or that clones have no rights. Do recall that they're all clones.

Decant a clone, call her Sarah, and ask her if she's okay with working with Pantheon. Inform Lisa that she's got a twin sister.
There are zero ethical problems with cloning someone without permission?

I almost wish they would, just to watch Lisa try to tear them apart.

Well, it's like this. They need Lisa (or a Lisa) working with them. If the Lisa is a clone, she knows she's no longer the original, so she has no need to angst about Taylor being dead. And if they do it before she backs up her memories of the break, they can steer her away from it.

"I'm sorry, Lisa. You deprived us of your services, so we activated a backup. She has all the rights you do. Including the right to do whatever the hell she wants, such as work for us."

Hahahaha. Yeah, clone Lisa for her power. That'll go over well.

Man, using Lisa for her power, that's a really famliiar scenario.
You told us no, Lisa. So we made a you who won't! She has all the rights you do, except for the right to refuse us! If she does, well, we'll give her the boot and keep trying until we get one we like!

-
Lisa you told us no, but we want you anyway. So we made a clone of you and uploaded Taylor into it. Now you're like real sisters, ain't that great?

Lisa why are you taking out your gun?

Maybe Zack can now take over Lisa's job as Emissary of the Avalonic Throne...it's about time he got a summer job.:D he would be great for the Position.
  1. He doesn't need sleep.
  2. He's great with people.
  3. he's aways had the initiative to come up with great ideas...he's like the Don Draper of Pantheon.
  4. He's the prince of the universe...lol
  5. he should take on some responsibilities,he's not getting any younger.

Yeah, but Vicky and Chevvy were interested in one another before the interactions.
Untrue. Their first actual conversation with one another was to use their interaction. Although Vicky did think he was hot... but she thought that about Anima's summon, so, yeah.

Well that one line ruined the chapter for me and was my last straw for the fic as a whole. Goodbye.
The last line of the chapter, or the author note? If the former, you don't even want to stick around long enough to hear Lisa's reasons? If the latter, well, that's just stupid. Either way, you won't be missed.

Lisa you told us no, but we want you anyway. So we made a clone of you and uploaded Taylor into it. Now you're like real sisters, ain't that great?

Lisa why are you taking out your gun?
Man. She'd have to shoot like twenty people, including herself, before that spree was done.

That'd be dark as fuck...

....Hmmmmmm....

Untrue. Their first actual conversation with one another was to use their interaction.

The last line of the chapter, or the author note? If the former, you don't even want to stick around long enough to hear Lisa's reasons? If the latter, well, that's just stupid. Either way, you won't be missed.

Man. She'd have to shoot like twenty people, including herself, before that spree was done.
I could have sworn that Victoria had been working on him even before then.

The more you know, I guess.

*unwatches both threads*
This is what did if for you?

Not any of the many times that the Endbringers have fucked someone's face into oblivion, the time that nearly the entirety of Pantheon was brutally murdered, when Taylor and Amelia broke up, or the absurd number of other cliffhangers we've gotten.

This was the last straw? While I understand the euphemism, I'm trying to recall just how many times has TanaNari dropped something absurdly depressing or fucking infuriating into our laps and then turned it around just to watch the reaction?

See you in either two months when you forget why you were angry, or never I suppose.

The last line of the chapter, of course. You spent the entire previous chapter showing Taylor diplomancing Lisa away from her conflict ball (which, as I said a few days ago, shouldn't have existed in the first place) and then... immediately sent all that effort to waste? On top of the Crystal-shaped collateral damage? I can't accept that.

This is what did if for you?

Not any of the many times that the Endbringers have fucked someone's face into oblivion, the time that nearly the entirety of Pantheon was brutally murdered, when Taylor and Amelia broke up, or the absurd number of other cliffhangers we've gotten.

This was the last straw? While I understand the euphemism, I'm trying to recall just how many times has TanaNari dropped something absurdly depressing or fucking infuriating into our laps and then turned it around just to watch the reaction?

See you in either two months when you forget why you were angry, or never I suppose.
I've already expressed my opinions on the post-Tohu Tediumbringers many times, and that I only continued to read from interest in the slice-of-life and street-level stuff (and sheer inertia). Now one of the central premises of the fic is gone - the Taylor + Lisa + Amelia teamup - and I don't care anymore.

You're thinking of Cerulean. TanaNari isn't nearly as good at that as Cerulean is (and TN isn't as even good as he thinks he is, for that matter).

Chevalier probably thinks he's met RCB in person, but he hasn't - remember that Alexandria used a body double in canon

For the entire time he has known of her? Chevalier was one of the original Wards, and he was the head of the Philadelphia Protectorate for a not insignificant time.

Checked it out, and I wasn't the first to ask this: Word of God answer. I'll accept that Tananari has to retcon this out of existence for fic continuity, though.

immediately sent all that effort to waste?
Who said it went to waste? Oh, right. You. And no one else.

Now one of the central premises of the fic is gone
Actually, Lisa was never a central premise. An important one, yes, but never central. Riley has been far more important, and for longer. Besides, it's not like I'm doing this on a whim, as others have said before, this is pretty much the only proper direction for the story.

Checked it out, and I wasn't the first to ask this: Word of God answer. I'll accept that Tananari has to retcon this out of existence for fic continuity, though.
That Word of God answer... answered less than nothing... as is pretty standard for the ultimate in troll authors... there are no retcons here, because nothing in that contradicts anything in my story.

Last edited:
That Word of God answer... answered less than nothing... as is pretty standard for the ultimate in troll authors... there are no retcons here, because nothing in that contradicts anything in my story.
"Is Chevalier aware of RCB being a parahuman?" "Chevalier is aware of some secrets. I won't say which ones, but he is aware of things. Important things. Maybe."

Also, Lisa leaving Pantheon doesn't necessarily mean she's not going to work with them anymore. She has a power that is very useful to them and she still believes in the cause. There's no reason she can't just... be used as a consultant, Dinah style. Besides, it's not like Cauldron doesn't have their own Lisa clone running around, along with the rest of the shadow Pantheon...

... Yeah, I'm going to hold on to that theory for the rest of forever. It's too useful not to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back