• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

His scent neither sour nor sweet as I was used to, instead it was bitter and hot. Like the still glowing embers of a campfire that had died out.
I feel like "Like the glowing coals of a forge" or something along that line would work just as well, and be thematically appropriate for Defiant
A deadly, terrifying smell that made me feel just a twinge of fear. I would attempt nothing with this one.
Dragon -
ALL THESE PARAHUMANS ARE YOURS—EXCEPT DEFIANT
ATTEMPT NO TASTING THERE
Poor Sad-Banana. Although I suppose that if they gift her with a suite of amazeballs powers, her Passenger won't force her to react like an animal in heat by virtue of almost always having better powers on tap. And, you know, if Vicky explains the situation to Amelia, Amy might just give her boo a tuneup.

Dang, way to ruin implied lesbianism TanaNari.
Implied? Also- I ruin all good things. That's what brings me joy in life.

I feel like "Like the glowing coals of a forge" or something along that line would work just as well, and be thematically appropriate for Defiant
Defiant's smell is actually similar to that of ozone. He's in the room, but isn't exactly potent enough to draw her attention.

Defiant's smell is actually that of ozone. He's in the room, but isn't exactly potent enough to draw her attention.
Huh. Chevalier? Ballsack. I wasted an Odyssey reference.

edit: Wait, why not? There's a reason that as Armsmaster, he was considered one of the greatest tinkers, excluding Dragon.

Oh god, she wanted to kidnap and molest Bonesaw. Too cute for words. Also, considering even if she appears much older than she actually is, Clarice probably still looks super illegal, and it seems Ayane's passenger has moved her well beyond that concern.

Also of note is that Ayane's power seems to allow her to act in a way that her target finds attractive, but Vicky has been programmed het by Clarice. Vicky says her power is letting her fake immunity but is actually finding her to be the bees knees... so is Ayane's master sub-power even more than just super-acting, or is Clarice's programming just subtle enough to be overpowered by it? Is Vicky actually choosing to have some fun with Ayane, or is she mastered without even realizing it? Or does she realize it and is just going along with it anyway because she thinks it's harmless?

Finally, it may say something about me that I kind of hate Ayane for choosing to do things that hurt someone she cares about, even if she's being shardfucked into it. I mean, she obviously has alternatives to going all White Court on people, even if that's what her power is specifically encouraging her to do. Poor Hoji.

Defiant's smell is actually similar to that of ozone. He's in the room, but isn't exactly potent enough to draw her attention.

I was kind of assuming the burnt out smell was Eidolon. I mean if Taylia doesn't scare her, I gotta imagine the scary one is either way up the scale, or fundamentally wrong.

so is Ayane's master sub-power even more than just super-acting, or is Clarice's programming just subtle enough to be overpowered by it? Is Vicky actually choosing to have some fun with Ayane, or is she mastered without even realizing it? Or does she realize it and is just going along with it anyway because she thinks it's harmless?
Not a master power. It's a thinker power with a... stranger subrating, probably. She's not controlling people, she's just subconsciously acting in a way that makes her more attractive to them.
I mean, she obviously has alternatives to going all White Court on people,
Have a like for the Dresden reference, though.

Not a master power. It's a thinker power with a... stranger subrating, probably. She's not controlling people, she's just subconsciously acting in a way that makes her more attractive to them.
Her sub-rating would be in reference to what she's good at infiltrating.

Stranger (pants).

I was kind of assuming the burnt out smell was Eidolon. I mean if Taylia doesn't scare her, I gotta imagine the scary one is either way up the scale, or fundamentally wrong.
He was standing next to Vicky, the blond that smells like Clarice.

It seems to be a Pantheon-only party. The three I'm having trouble placing are:

And several others I didn't know. Most were fairly unremarkable, but for three. In the back, near two uninteresting parahumans, and two of the monster capes- one that smelled of poison and another of dying flesh, was a girl with an incredible, elusive power. It changed from moment to moment. Familiar and alien all at once. As if reading a beautiful and fantastical poem.

edit: Oh, guess that's Newter, Gregor, and Labyrinth?

Her sub-rating would be in reference to what she's good at infiltrating.

Stranger (pants).

In the context I was discussing the impact of her power, it seemed rather master-y to me. But that's all I'll say on the subject in my defense, because you both have valid points and arguing about power classifications is a fight no one wins.

Dang, way to ruin implied lesbianism TanaNari.

Implied? Also- I ruin all good things. That's what brings me joy in life.

proxy.php

Grumbles off to NSFW section of the board.

Wait, why not? There's a reason that as Armsmaster, he was considered one of the greatest tinkers, excluding Dragon.
True, but look at who's in the room. Taylor. Amelia. Labyrinth. Vista. Bonesaw. It's not that he's weak, he's just less impressive than the ones she is taking note of. She even dismisses Missy, Theo and others (including Zach) as "would be centerpieces elsewhere, are unremarkable here". Armsy is in that pool.

No point in having Eidolon present. If anything, it'd be a bad idea.

And *Glaistig Uaine* was at least somewhat intimidated by Chevalier's power. Called him "the Destroyer". Based on his powers and GU's description, I suspect his is the one used to cull the undesirable shards at the end of the cycle.

Or his is the shard the one Scion used to "cripple" potent shards like QA (and presumably others like Glaistig's and Akaihana's) before distribution.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have some doubts that Vicky is attracted at all, shes using herself as bait to keep Ayane focused on her... because if she actually managed to ooze her way into the bed of anyone in that room, their significant other/s would kill her.

I mean, even trying to go after armsy or dragon would infuriate the other... and since armsmaster was present, shed be dealing with a hacked off Dragon. Thats Bad. Amelia might not be the super jealous type, but i dont think shed just sit around and let some floozy steal Her General either, and god help her if she snagged Amelia. Taylor is not the merciful half of that union. Any one of the Trio would result in the other two gunning for her.

Hell the only exception is Emma, because Zach would be cheering them on.

My memory on this is pretty bad. Is that Noelle, as in Echidna? If so her hair is the wrong color, unless she had it changed.

He saw her, but he didn't hurry to her side. Instead, he spent a moment standing by the door, watching as she stood at the end of the short line. Her cheeks were red from the cold, and the snowflakes had melted into droplets on her eyelashes. Some flakes still clung persistently to her straight brown hair. She made her way to the front, and ordered. While she waited, she dabbed at the snow, wiping her eyes and hair, and then tucked her hat into her pocket.

We were the same age, but any looking at us would guess him to be my father before they'd suspect we were lovers. I never changed, staying perpetually the twenty two year old I was when Kyushu was destroyed. While each year his wrinkles deepened a little more, a few extra hairs turned gray.
Huh. I suppose Endbringer battles do tend to have a pretty high likelihood of Trump triggers, don't they? Also, having a significant other tends to help you notice the inherent suck of eternal youth faster than you normally would. Also also, the fact that she's actually 35 makes all of the shard-induced flirting she's doing that much creepier. Apparently it is possible.

A woman in battle armor that was clearly not a parahuman. The sickly sweet, rotting cherry scent of Hecate. The beautiful purple eyed girl whose name I'd forgotten, but was ever so delectable, next to a small blonde whose power to bend space I'd seen used, and a boy that I didn't know. They were all very powerful, any one would have been a centerpiece in most teams. This is not most teams.

And several others I didn't know. Most were fairly unremarkable, but for three. In the back, near two uninteresting parahumans, and two of the monster capes- one that smelled of poison and another of dying flesh, was a girl with an incredible, elusive power. It changed from moment to moment. Familiar and alien all at once. As if reading a beautiful and fantastical poem.
And Cauldron capes continue to be super off-putting to natural shards. I'm guessing that's a Cauldron issue rather than an Eden issue, but if Akaihana is ever allowed within a hemisphere of Contessa, it would be interesting to see if that theory is correct.

(Incidentally, Kai's first use of the power - possibly only use due to the power drain, unless she has continued access - would probably be similar to memetic Contessa: "Path to getting, like, super laid.")

Dragon? The Dragon? How do I not sense her power? She should be incredible, as potent as anyone else in the room, she can build practically any- oh, of course. Remote controlled presence. Robot. Hologram. Could be anything.
And this brings up a question. Well, two questions, but they're connected: is Dragon's shard just permanently out of reach of Akaihana due to the circumstances of the recipient? Or if Dragon ever gets the biological body she was trying to make in canon would she be able to draw on it? Pantheon's changelings are fair game, as evidenced by her reactions to Clarice (who I keep forgetting has purple eyes, even though that seems like a detail that I should remember), but Dragon is a weird case.

Last edited:
And this brings up a question. Well, two questions, but they're connected: is Dragon's shard just permanently out of reach of Akaihana due to the circumstances of the recipient? Or if Dragon ever gets the biological body she was trying to make in canon would she be able to draw on it? Pantheon's changelings are fair game, as evidenced by her reactions to Clarice (who I keep forgetting has purple eyes, even though that seems like a detail that I should remember), but Dragon is a weird case.
I think the implication here is that whatever Ayane's passenger is using to feed her sense of a parahuman's strength is based on what the shard has done to the bodies, not the shard itself. This also fits neatly with bottle capes seeming so revolting.

Though now I'm wondering if Chevy can see Dragon's passenger through any of her proxies. Probably not?

Edit: I feel like that has actually be shown in a previous chapter. But, you know, so many words.

Last edited:
Is that Noelle, as in Echidna? If so her hair is the wrong color, unless she had it changed.
... She has a new body now, dude. First use of the "mind transfer" device? Was told she couldn't have her original DNA back to avoid her powers coming back. Told to create whatever she liked.

Pantheon's changelings are fair game, as evidenced by her reactions to Clarice (who I keep forgetting has purple eyes, even though that seems like a detail that I should remember), but Dragon is a weird case.
She wouldn't pick changelings up as real parahumans, either.

So... that's... damn. She must hate her power, from the sound of it. Or at least hate what it does to her.
Yes, that WOULD explain the part with the crying and making it clear she'd despise herself later.

Kinda turns her into a cougar, doesn't it? Can see why she wouldn't want Hoji along for that.
Cougar would be MUCH too kind. More like turns her into a pathetic slut.

No. Seriously. My take on powers is like the exact opposite of Wildbow. He takes shitty powers and makes them awesome. I take awesome powers and make them barely preferable to death.
Okay, so you like Blessed with Suck, but what's the point of--
I ruin all good things. That's what brings me joy in life.
--oh. Got it, thanks.

edit:
More like turns her into a pathetic slut.
Bleh, slut-shaming? I thought you a dick of a higher caliber, TanaNari.

Bleh, slut-shaming? I thought you a dick of a higher caliber, TanaNari.

Ayane / Akaihana seems to be be mostly alright when not around someone with a 'strong' power. And in actual love with a Parahuman who apparently doesn't set her power's libido off. (I wonder if that's a coincidence or not. I doubt it.Think there may have been a line to that effect, about her choosing to love someone that didn't send her power panting, but I'm not sure. ) Considering what Pantheon tends to be like behind closed doors, if they realize what's going on with her, are they going to offer to remove Ayane's / Akaihana's powers, or at least alter them somewhat, to try and negate some of this?

They call Riley Clarice, now. That was her real body at the meeting.
...oh god dammit. Traded one missed detail for another. Ah well.

(Also, to touch on a since-passed topic: the Queen Administrator doesn't understand how to birds and bees. It did bees and then, eventually, went back and did birds. In canon, anyway.)

...oh god dammit. Traded one missed detail for another. Ah well.

(Also, to touch on a since-passed topic: the Queen Administrator doesn't understand how to birds and bees. It did bees and then, eventually, went back and did birds. In canon, anyway.)
Don't worry, knowing Amelia she will just give him the bird.:D

Not sure if the descriptions her power gives out are good or bad, because I had to pretty much skip over all of them. The complete lack of the PoV character seeming to know the names of anyone she's supposed to be working with seems odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back