• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

This is on my "never again" list. Right alongside formal letters and goddamn PHO interludes.
I should hope you don't need to write another Taylor+Amelia wedding.

Although it would be a bit of an amusing running gag if every one of your subsequent stories at least mentioned people named Taylor and Amelia getting married, and it being kind of a big deal.

ComfortNostalgiaShe'dLoveYou
TimeWastedCouldHaveAsked
Am I the only one noticing these impressions are getting more detailed and less of 'specific emotion only'?
Seems like they'll be mind reading eachother soon enough.
Hive mind with the The Queen and the one who controls the Hive.
Join the Pantheon. Join the Hive.
Resistance is Futile.
Become One with us.
One of us.

Ah, what's the worst thing that could happen? Besides Scion making both of them into his waifu.

Ok. Is Pantheon going to fix this at some point? Because having a Bus Factor of one for an entire planet seems like a terrible idea.

Same thing goes for Taylor being the sole controller of all of the bug-monsters. It seems like they could put them under AI control, or something.

Use L33t's shard to build the bug controller from canon for Taylor, but have the other tinkers and thinkers attached to the Ayane so she can make it more than "ATTACK!", and give control of the machine to Dragon. Make a similar item for Amelia, also for Dragon. Taylor and Amelia eventually are allowed to die peacefully but nobody suffers because Dragon is also benevolent as a supreme robo-overlady. I for one welcome the Empresses and/or Dragon as masters and rulers.
OR once we translate Dragon to human brain, we use Ayane and Richter's dna to do the opposite for Amelia and Taylor based AIs who can do things.
So much potential here for broken shenanigans.

I know of a girl whose name is spelled "Ka-a". It's pronounced "Kadasha".
I've seen a girl whose name was spelled La-a. I tried to pronounce it when I was working the cash register and her mom was pissed. "It's spelled right there! It is La Dash A" complete with arm movements. I tried my best to not laugh and died a little inside at the same time.

Slowly. Because holy fuck this isn't even a real wedding and I'm still busy planning it. I've barely even started to write anything.
I'm still trying to work out if you're going to have the Scion rampage start, interrupting the wedding, just to be a dick or, because we expect you to be a dick about it, let the wedding actually finish just to be a dick about our expectations.

And I notice that 'still busy planning it' doesn't rule either of those options out :D

Share with the class? Seriously, the feedback and speculation I get is woefully sparse here. I'd LOVE to hear your guess.
Hard to put into words, exactly, but something along the lines of the Taylia combination slowly confusing both the shards and Taylor and Amelia as to which is which, leaving them as an entity themselves or in an 'I have no mouth yet I must scream' part of Scion when he takes the shards back in some way.

Only the rest of the human race gets pulled along with them because, hey, the users of the Administrator and Shaper Shard show just how well things can go when hosts work together so since the standard 'plug shards into hosts' setup isn't working for Scion anymore, why not reverse things and plug human minds into all the shards? Now Scion has his own R&D team. Humanity survives, so fix fic, but it really doesn't, and the cycle continues.

I'm getting this from the way the shards seem more than happy to adapt to the human mindset they keep trying to transmit between them, combined with your constant "Yeah, this fic's gunna be dark guys" prompts which have left me assuming that Taylor and Amelia are not going to have a happy ending.

Either that or... canon Khepri situation occurs which effects the both of them through the shards deciding that they might as well go along with it, so that they end up their own entity pair with the current parahumans as their starting shard base and go from there. But that's less dark-fix-fic and more straight bad end.

Or they could do a mind-wipe reset to basically make them children again and aid them grow into the role.

Another option is to just create a clone that is just similar enough to Amy to have her power but otherwise be her own person to be raised as a princess and successor. I bet Bonesaw could figure out exactly how similar they need to be to Amy get her powers and nothing more. Maybe by adding just enough traits to get the shard to latch on then make changes to revert them to childhood while erasing memory.

Admit it, you just want cute kiddy Taylor and Amelia running around looking adorable so Riley can play the cool older sister for once.
I'm sure there is going to be kids running around sooner or later anyway. Remember their reaction to Claire's demonstration of what their kids would look like.

It was the second comment after the chapter, and on top of that it was in the author's note. Also, it's been a running thing for a while now.

...I am apparently not very observant. Didnt notice that.
I've noticed for a while, but given i dont often read comments, and somehow missed that in the note, i decided to just state it.
Oh well. I fully admit i'm capable of the derp.

Hard to put into words, exactly, but something along the lines of the Taylia combination slowly confusing both the shards and Taylor and Amelia as to which is which, leaving them as an entity themselves or in an 'I have no mouth yet I must scream' part of Scion when he takes the shards back in some way.

Only the rest of the human race gets pulled along with them because, hey, the users of the Administrator and Shaper Shard show just how well things can go when hosts work together so since the standard 'plug shards into hosts' setup isn't working for Scion anymore, why not reverse things and plug human minds into all the shards? Now Scion has his own R&D team. Humanity survives, so fix fic, but it really doesn't, and the cycle continues.

I'm getting this from the way the shards seem more than happy to adapt to the human mindset they keep trying to transmit between them, combined with your constant "Yeah, this fic's gunna be dark guys" prompts which have left me assuming that Taylor and Amelia are not going to have a happy ending.

Either that or... canon Khepri situation occurs which effects the both of them through the shards deciding that they might as well go along with it, so that they end up their own entity pair with the current parahumans as their starting shard base and go from there. But that's less dark-fix-fic and more straight bad end.
Building on my theory that QA and Shaper are busy building a new type of shard from scratch, I think that the Newtype shard will be truly symbiotic in nature, bonding with a human, uploading them to the shard-cloud without a conflict drive. The Newtype, through some combination of pinging or being aware of things through the eyes of its parent, will know of the naked singularity tech, thus eliminating the entire point of the Entities.

The birth of the Newtype will get Scion's attention, Scion will try to reap it to gain the knowledge of [INFINITE ENERGY], but because Shaper and QA made it using their unprecedented interaction, it won't answer to Scion, kicking off the End of the World as Scion throws his tantrum.

Stuff happens, a lot of people die, Scion works intelligently to maximize the damage to the rogue shards/parahumans and destroys all backups of Pantheon, actually giving us a cause for narrative tension again. Taylia and most of the cast die, but Newtype, in a display of filial piety, teams up with Dragon and we get an epilogue a few years later where they have managed to recreate the cast through Spacewhale and Singularity magic.

proxy.php

Building on my theory that QA and Shaper are busy building a new type of shard from scratch, I think that the Newtype shard will be truly symbiotic in nature, bonding with a human, uploading them to the shard-cloud without a conflict drive. The Newtype, through some combination of pinging or being aware of things through the eyes of its parent, will know of the naked singularity tech, thus eliminating the entire point of the Entities.

The birth of the Newtype will get Scion's attention, Scion will try to reap it to gain the knowledge of [INFINITE ENERGY], but because Shaper and QA made it using their unprecedented interaction, it won't answer to Scion, kicking off the End of the World as Scion throws his tantrum.

Stuff happens, a lot of people die, Scion works intelligently to maximize the damage to the rogue shards/parahumans and destroys all backups of Pantheon, actually giving us a cause for narrative tension again. Taylia and most of the cast die, but Newtype, in a display of filial piety, teams up with Dragon and we get an epilogue a few years later where they have managed to recreate the cast through Spacewhale and Singularity magic.

Meh. Such a bright, cheerful ending, not dark enough. You can do better.

I'm expecting a superficially cheerful ending that is actually dark as fuck, like Goonies.

I figure there will be a candy coated topping that makes it all look happy at the end, maybe enough that some readers buy that it isn't the "darkest fix-fic", the you get up, go to the fridge and realize that you just read the darkest shit since the combined original endings to Hancock and The Butterfly Effect.

I hope I haven't set my expectations too high.

Good. I dont often read comments so i was asking to be
What the hell did you THINK the other one was talking about?

That was not informative at all.

sure without scrolling through far too many pages of comments.
Its interesting though
The canon quote differs significantly.

There's nothing in the present story that would seem to contradict canon, in spite of the lemons omake, so why would you think this?

now that there aren't any Endbringers kicking things over, does that mean Bet's going to become as stupid as Aleph? Because if we need Endbringers to keep people from being stupid, I can build us an Endbringer.

Scion: You needed intelligent discourse.
Eidolon: ... eh, I can live with that.

It was beautiful. They had decided against an officiator of any sort, and had instead simply exchanged pledges and rings in front of the crowd, each vowing to be faithful, respect, and care for each other, as long as they lived(privately they had debated upon how to word the vows so that should one of them be assassinated they would not need to be wed again once their clone was brought to life, until Clarice had exclaimed that they should renew their vows every time, making it even more romantic.). Then, after they had spoken all they had needed (each word backed by their exuberant emotions sent through the bond) they had sealed their pledges with a long kiss.
LovePassionJoy "I love you Taylor" Amelia gushed.
"I love you too Amelia" replied Taylor. "There's just one thing left to say".
"Whats that Tay----"
Amelia's sentence cut off as she felt the knife pierce her lung, denying her any breath to put words to her disbelief.
"The Lannisters send their regards".

WHY THE FUCK DID I WRITE THIS.

Amelia's sentence cut off as she felt the knife pierce her lung, denying her any breath to put words to her disbelief.
"The Lannisters send their regards".
Well to be honest... nobody had the lung to tell Amelia that there can only be one Empress.

I hope I haven't set my expectations too high.
I think I have something that holds to the story as it stands thus far. It's all a question of execution.

Speaking of executions.
WHY THE FUCK DID I WRITE THIS.
I have no idea. Surely you could have referenced a better... Actually, now that I think about it, that would be Game of Thrones level asspull if I did that.

Tempting.

No.

But tempting.

"The Lannisters send their regards"
here are some variations...

Zack: My father sends his regards.
Danny: send my regards to your mother.(Talking to Taylor)
Alexandria:Lisa sends her regards
Scion:...CONFIRMATION
Dragon:Teacher sends his regards.
Missy:The Yangban send their regards
Miss Militia:My wife(Piggot) sends her regards

The real issue with the wedding is the specifics.

I, (name), take you, (name), to be my [opt: lawfully wedded] (husband/wife), my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
I, Taylor Anne Hebert, take you, Amelia Claire Lavere, to be my lawfully or whatever we want to classify it as wedded wife unless we change anything, my literally constant friend, my unbreakably faithful partner and my love from this day forward or backwards, depending on what powers we have to deal with or if we reset our minds to an earlier state. In the presence of our single family and other friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your unbreakably faithful partner in sickness that you let me feel to keep my immune system running and in health or superhealth, in good times and in bad with understandable exceptions made at Lunchtimes, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in the goals we have, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you after whoever made you cry lies whimpering at your feet, and to cherish, but not that Cherish, you for as long as we both shall live.

Zack: My father sends his regards.
Danny: send my regards to your mother.(Talking to Taylor)
Alexandria:Lisa sends her regards
Scion:...CONFIRMATION
Dragon:Teacher sends his regards.
Missy:The Yangban send their regards
Miss Militia:My wife(Piggot) sends her regards

You're kinda missing the obvious ones here.

Horus: *Stabs Taylor and Amelia* Heil Hitler
Dragon: Sic Semper Tyrannus.

I think I have something that holds to the story as it stands thus far.
The story where you've been enjoying being a dick by deliberately misleading everyone whenever you can, leaving things out to make things less obvious, and twisting expectations every chance you're given?

You've been leading us on all this time and this fic's going to end more saccharine then Ack's Hope Comes To Brockton Bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back