• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Heh. Moord Nag has Amelia pegged - for all that "Taylor is a general and I am the leader" thoughts, it's still clear that Taylor is the one who wears pants (skin-tight ones, for eye-candy purposes) in the relationship. And no matter how tough Amelia might be, she is still a LL.

You derped. Nag is talking to Victoria, calling Amelia Victoria's mistress.

Likely in the context of master/mistress, or the leader of the organization while Victoria is a relative servant. Probably a translation error. Don't worry about it. There's no deeper meaning here. Amelia doesn't think of her sister as a servant. Hold on, I forget. Can somebody remind me how many sisters Amelia has? I feel like the number is somewhere between zero and three, inclusive.

Last edited:
Was the Thanda cape teleporting them with Khonsu ever explicitly mentioned in the narrative until practically the end of that chapter? Or were we supposed to remember when they lifted off in the air and teleported with the EB?

Speaking towards your aspirations to writing original fiction, one author's given reason for not liking fanfiction was that it made lazy writers. They didn't have to explain a lot of things, they didn't have to worldbuild as much, etc., because they were drawing on a setting that everyone was familiar with. Not explaining things like one particular cape who showed up once or twice in canon (when most readers haven't read anything with him in it for ages) seems like it would fall under such an umbrella.

If you did explicitly point it out and I missed this, consider this general advice I'm passing on from someone more experienced than either of us. If that's not the case, you might want to write more like how you will when you do your own fiction, or you may find that you developed poor habits.
Yggdrasil is already edible and nutritious, no need to turn it into animals.
But...but tasty! Food being tasty is important!
On a more official note, you've been authorized to take some of the KEB tissue for your experiments.
How the hell is that for the Protectorate to decide? They're not a part of the Protectorate, or a satellite organization--heck, it's not like the fight was only in Protectorate-home countries. That's even before you factor in how much damage Pantheon was dealing personally. Why is Lisa acting like this is a big favor?
I might have dismissed all that as coincidence or something, but that was before I had seen Scion in person. His loneliness was a physical thing, I felt it wash over every cape that came near him, myself included.
...interesting speculation. I think it is giving him too much credit (and do they know Eden would have been female? I don't remember...) but it's an interesting idea nevertheless.
"So, Faultline told me to tell you they got everything cleared with the UN," he spoke up. "Woulda told you sooner, but, yeah."

Yeah. "How long do we have?" I asked.

"Day after New Years," he answered. "She says it's the best she could do. They weren't happy about the news."
Sorry, does anyone know, are we supposed to know what this is?

I feel like I'm forgetting a lot this morning >.>

How the hell is that for the Protectorate to decide? They're not a part of the Protectorate, or a satellite organization--heck, it's not like the fight was only in Protectorate-home countries. That's even before you factor in how much damage Pantheon was dealing personally. Why is Lisa acting like this is a big favor?
There's probably a treaty in effect regarding the use of Endbringer tissue/dead cape bodies/etc?
"Well, it's only three days to Christmas, which is pretty much ruined for everyone on the planet," Minerva speculated. "If you find a way to sneak away during the vacation time, feel free to come over. Amelia makes the best turkey."
"I might even take you up on that," she agreed.
Also... Did..Lisa invite her lady friend over for Christmas? I think she did. Get it, girl. Treatcha self.

Probably in the same way that it's the U.S.'s business which country gets nuclear weapons. They're powerful enough to say "anybody who tries it will have to deal with us unless we say otherwise" and people just accept it because what are you gonna do?

Oh crap,i figured out why Lisa treated getting the Keb sample as a big deal....Alexandra revealed her hand on purpose,Cauldron has complete control over the US government,it was an olive branch of trust and a warning.

Probably in the same way that it's the U.S.'s business which country gets nuclear weapons. They're powerful enough to say "anybody who tries it will have to deal with us unless we say otherwise" and people just accept it because what are you gonna do?
I was thinking for them to use some of their stupidly powerful capes--like Eric--and just grab some. It's not like there isn't literally tons of it lying around in various places on earth atm.

But a fair enough point. I can see that reasoning. I would expect a little more posturing, but maybe the time for that is later.

Like when (as the above poster mentioned) Lisa isn't inviting the person she can go Taylia with over for Christmas dinner ;)

edit: Btw, TanaNari, thank you for making this explicit.
"Sisters? Plural?" he glanced over at where Lisa was chatting.

"Well, one's an complete bitch who knows exactly what to say to piss me off, but at the same time I know has my best interests at heart even when she's being an unbelievable pain in the ass," I told him. "And the other's Vicky. So, close enough."
I noted it at the time, but didn't say anything, and I should have. It will make their interactions much clearer in the future, I think.

I'm back, bitches!

Well, I never really left, but now I have an account here.

Ya know what finally did it, TanaNari? Inviting Becky over for Christmas dinner. You glorious bastard, you. Also, Ameila admitting she saw Lisa as a sister was pretty great, too.

Oh, and all that other stuff happening in the plot is fine, I guess.

Wait, I actually have something that hasn't been discussed yet! I caught that little mirror you did of Taylor and Danny from canon in your Marquis/Amelia chat. Don't you think I didn't. Being a parent in Worm has its low points.

Can somebody remind me how many sisters Amelia has? I feel like the number is somewhere between zero and three, inclusive.
None. She's technically an only child.
One. She has technically adopted/telling the world Riley is related to her as a half sister.
One. She was technically the adopted sister of Vicky.
Two. Victoria is an imperfect clone, both mentally and biologically (and in powers, though that's not really relevant), and so could be considered to be her sister twice.
Two. Both Vicky and Riley consider her their sister.
Three. May possibly consider Lisa to be fulfilling a sibling role.
Greater then three. We don't know Marquis doesn't have other daughters.
As many as she wants. Bio-manipulating parahuman with access to cloning technology, memory technology, Riley and Rey.

The accurate answer is that Amelia has sister/s.

Edit:
If you look at it from a parahuman/entity perspective, all Scion capes are related to each other. One degree of separation, and their minds are all linked to things that're essentially the organs of a single creature. Kind of like twins, except there's a lot more of them and not actually kind of like twins at all...

"Well, it's only three days to Christmas, which is pretty much ruined for everyone on the planet," Minerva speculated. "If you find a way to sneak away during the vacation time, feel free to come over. Amelia makes the best turkey."

"You cook?" Alexandria asked. "I can never find the time, myself."

"No," Amy replied. "I... uh... grow it."

"Other than the texture, you'd never be able to tell the difference," Lisa insisted.

"I might even take you up on that," she agreed.
Aw, she's inviting Alexandria over for Christmas dinner! How sweet! And she even said yes! (Well, she said maybe, but come on).

Oh man, these shipping goggles are on. I didn't even know I shipped this until now. They'll have a nice meal together looking awkwardly around the table, then they'll sneak up to the room where they'll...

Stare at each other. Occasionally one will shift or twitch in a certain direction, but the only indication anything is going on will be how rapidly their pupils dilate and contract.

Heh. Moord Nag has Amelia pegged - for all that "Taylor is a general and I am the leader" thoughts, it's still clear that Taylor is the one who wears pants (skin-tight ones, for eye-candy purposes) in the relationship. And no matter how tough Amelia might be, she is still a LL.

Goggle has failed me on what LL stands for.

Well, not really. It has failed to given me a conclusive answer, the problem is it can stand for ALOT of things and I have no idea which it is.

so here are 3 new songs to add to the Amelia playlist,the first two is for the current chapter,this is an oldie and a goodie,Knockin on heaven's door by Bob Dylan as covered by Antony and the Johnsons and Cat power (i have trouble deciding who to pick as i find Antony Hegarty has a insanely good voice but Chan Marshall goes with the feeling of being close to burning out)

https://soundcloud.com/fragmented-concentration/cat-power-knocking-on-heavens
the other song is for that chapter wayback when where Original Taylor was upset with Amelia for breaking her heart and turning off Taylia,this is Meg Myers's Monster.Because love always makes monsters out of all us,you don need super powers to prove that fact.it just makes it way easier.

Last edited:

It's about the portals to other planets they'll be providing for everyone (except China after their 'I'ma be a dick' moment).

Because of Lily's little enforced vacation in the time bubble, she's a little mentally unstable (more so then capes usually are) due to basically fighting non stop for months with zero contact with other people.

Which is perhaps not the best state of mind for one of the Endslayers to be in when they're going to try and break holes in reality. Hence the attempt to delay it for as long as they could.

I also had(from HERE):
  • Lois Lane/Lana Lang
  • Lex Luthor
  • Luna Lovegood
  • Low Level
  • Little League
And those are the only the ones I can kinda-sorta see making sense in this context is I squint and tilt my head abit.

Much easier to just ask the poster what I means and get the info that way.

Goggle has failed me on what LL stands for.

Well, not really. It has failed to given me a conclusive answer, the problem is it can stand for ALOT of things and I have no idea which it is.
When you are discussing a lesbian relationship and who "wears pants" in it, then presumably the other one refers to a Lipstick Lesbian.

When you are discussing a lesbian relationship and who "wears pants" in it, then presumably the other one refers to a Lipstick Lesbian.
YXR4D3M.png

I even had to look that one up. I have seen the term before, but never knew or cared what it actually meant before.

That makes alot more sense that what I found.

they could erase Lily memories of being in the bubble, they have Craneltech and replace it with 9 months worth of memories of eating hamburgers and reading lousy vampire romance novels.

they could erase Lily memories of being in the bubble, they have Craneltech and replace it with 9 months worth of memories of eating hamburgers and reading lousy vampire romance novels.

I'm not sure if they can write memories that specific, maybe they could only rewrite her brain based on the latest pre-battle update.

That would be an interesting new moral weirdness. If Taylor "killed herself" by setting up a brain reboot, then would Lily signing up for brain reboot be considered temporary euthanasia, or is it somehow made better by the fact that her heart keeps beating through the whole process?

Was the Thanda cape teleporting them with Khonsu ever explicitly mentioned in the narrative until practically the end of that chapter? Or were we supposed to remember when they lifted off in the air and teleported with the EB?
Still a first person perspective story, if you recall. Were it told from a Lisa POV, there would have been more.

... Hmm...

In retrospect, I probably should have told that one from a Lisa POV... her reaction to a lot of that meeting could have been interesting. This is why I plan to have a backlog for my original fiction, so I can easily adjust shit like this.

Show of hands- who'd like me to rewrite the last chapter from a Lisa perspective?

But...but tasty! Food being tasty is important!
She can make vines taste like turkey! What more do you want, man?!

It's not. The decision pretty obviously comes from higher up the chain than merely the Protectorate.

Oh crap,i figured out why Lisa treated getting the Keb sample as a big deal....Alexandra revealed her hand on purpose,Cauldron has complete control over the US government,it was an olive branch of trust and a warning.
This guy gets it.

I think it is giving him too much credit (and do they know Eden would have been female? I don't remember
First person, not infallible, perspective.

You really kinda are. What do we know about in the story that involves Victoria, Faultline, and the United Nations? And is important enough that delays cost lots of money and potentially lives?

I'm guessing it has something to do with creating the portals in the various countries.
Yeup.

Wait, I actually have something that hasn't been discussed yet! I caught that little mirror you did of Taylor and Danny from canon in your Marquis/Amelia chat. Don't you think I didn't. Being a parent in Worm has its low points.
I was sooo hoping people would spot that.

Last edited:
Given that Eidolon's shield that held Phir Se's time bomb couldn't do shit against those pillars in canon? I'd guess not.
Was that a Gravity shield? If not, i don't think it matters. IIRC, gravity has some sort of effect on Time. I'm wondering if that connection would be enough for Vista to use her power on the time fields to free people after Khonsu is dealt with

I'm not going to say no to a Lisa interlude, and that would be a lot of information. Delicious information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back