• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

More of it was dedicated to the zerg, they were lined up in rows like a massive and alien car lot.
"Damn it, I forgot where I left my abomination against nature! Honey, did you see what bay we left the abomination against nature?"
"I told you to write it down, dear. This always happens when we take our alien into town."

Avalon's going to have some strange issues...

Except the ones who were expecting me to do something horrible because I'm a trolling dick. To you? Well... double bluff troll maneuvering, go!
I win! I expected you to take the obvious solution, because everyone else expected you not to!

Or... I just read and don't actually pin my hopes on any one outcome at all. Which is to say I cheat. Because it works.

Wow, "hey get with this girl you were mind fucked into liking or were breaking up"

And then Theo goes along with it with barely any resistance.

Theo already found Clarice attractive, else Dream Girl would not have had that effect.

He found her physically appealing and dream girl advanced that to full blown attraction against his will.

I hope the entire relationship crashes and burns cause that whole scene was fucked.

I hope the entire relationship crashes and burns
It would be interesting if they all try it for a bit, and Theo and Riley realize they don't have any real feelings for each other, it's just a crush, and they both get over it.

It then becomes a story that no one lets them live down.

Wow, "hey get with this girl you were mind fucked into liking or were breaking up"

And then Theo goes along with it with barely any resistance.

I hope the entire relationship crashes and burns cause that whole scene was fucked.
The whole thing with Dream Girl is that she hijacks feelings. Theo was attracted to Dream Girl as Clarice only because he was already attracted to Clarice.

This is...pretty weird and not in a good way. I feel that an analysis of Theo and Missy's relationship is needed. I know that Tananari will hate this but I really didn't pay attention to how it developed so can someone give a refresher?

This is...pretty weird and not in a good way. I feel that an analysis of Theo and Missy's relationship is needed. I know that Tananari will hate this but I really didn't pay attention to how it developed so can someone give a refresher?
Theo was placed in Arcadia after being recruited by Pantheon and Missy has a thing for honorable gentlemen. See also: Gallant.

The thing about these "if the genders were reversed" issues, is that the genders are not, in fact, reversed. You can tell that in a non-sexist world, these two scenarios are supposed to be equally creepy, but it the fact that they don't feel that way in this one, conts somewhere too.

Arguments like "you are a guy so you want it anyways" might be bullshit, but as long as it's bullshit that they both take for granted to be legitimate, it just doesn't have the same punch.

As long as that is the case, this feels a bit like getting offended in Theo's place where he himself seems to be cool with it.
Then there is the fact that far more guys than girls would like to date multiple people, due to the fact that in genetic imperative a girls genes tell her too find the absolutely best father for her kids, whereas a guys genes tells him too prefer girls with good genes, but having multiple girls is a plus since it means more offsprings.

Edit in nature lots of flock based species have multiple females too every male lions are the most well known example of this.

This is...pretty weird and not in a good way.
"Welcome to Pantheon."

But seriously, I think this is as healthy a relationship as Riley is likely to get for quite some time, and I think this Theo is actually man enough to treat both girls well, and I think this Missy is the right combination of manipulative and selfless to act as social lubrication -- so I kinda think that the whole thing might not be doomed to end in fire, tears, black holes, and flesh-eating super-plagues.

But either way, I'll be here with my bowl of popcorn, enjoying the show.

Not the happiest way to introduce someone to poly, but you can't really expect perfect communication and emotional maturity from teenagers. I think Missy could have managed it without the blackmail with a much longer conversation.

Last edited:
I wonder if, behind the scenes, Lisa's organizing some sort of redaction of Bonesaw's kill order and a reassessment of her crimes based on 'new findings' regarding how much Jack Slash twisted her.

Because if they go for another year and her birthday rolls around again, giving her a give of an 'almost pardon but you've got a bunch of community service you'd have to do it you were alive but you've already put in enough hours anyway' would be a pretty nice thing to get her.

I'm mainly suggesting this so that all of the world gets to enjoy the collective freakout of "We've been working with Bonesaw this whole time!"

Not the happiest way to introduce someone to Polly
Not on cast page?
Helpdesk: "Have you tried turning your brain off and on again? That usually fixes the problem."

As long as that is the case, this feels a bit like getting offended in Theo's place where he himself seems to be cool with it.

it's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be

Well yeah he's cool with it, he's a fictional character. It's a pet issue of mine anyway, ya'know? Everyone's got one or two and this happens to be mine. Going along with sexism because it happens to be sexism that the majority of the population agrees with just rubs me the wrong way. Don't worry too much about it, I'm just a hopeless idealist.

You know, in Ack's fic Hope Comes to Brockton Bay, it took over a hundred chapters to get Taylor into a healthy relationship.

In Amelia, it took over two hundred chapters to get Theo to a point where his father would be proud of him...even if it's still the whole 'your approval fills me with shame' deal.

You know, in Ack's fic Hope Comes to Brockton Bay, it took over a hundred chapters to get Taylor into a healthy relationship.

In Amelia, it took over two hundred chapters to get Theo to a point where his father would be proud of him...even if it's still the whole 'your approval fills me with shame' deal.
Wasn't it implied/stated that Kaisee was schtupping Fenja and Menja?

Theo's takes after his papi more and more.

honestly,i thought it was going to be sad chapter for Riley,ii expecting Missy to be pissed,that she end her friendship with Riley,because who expects a teenage girl to have rational response....then it turned in to weirdville,meh i wasn't expecting that twist.the song for the song i thought was going to pick for the (sad) chapter was the Five Stairsteps's song "Ooh Child" as covered by the same chick in the song before Raya Yarbrough,glad i didn't it's really disturbing because i can imagine the fricking siberian singing it as a lullaby to Riley because that bit in the song "o child,Things are gonna get easier,o child,Things'll get brighter"what actually makes more worst is that the siberian is Manton,because he knows Scion is going to destroy the world,by things getting brighter he would mean.we're all going to be killed someday.

I'm not playing the song because it's too weird for this story.

This is going to be such a pain in the ass to figure.
figure out
So...Theo's getting the good ending of the Unlimited Bladeworks route,:) here's a song for this chapter.this is Cyndi Lauper's "Time after Time" as covered Raya Yarbrough,my brother and sisters all think the original version of the song is the greatest work of art in human existence,but personally when i heard this version of the song on a sci fi tv show call Defiance,it touched my heart,never cared for lauper anyway.
-snip-
Y'know, sometimes I wonder if you use a Markov chain to create your posts.
This is...pretty weird and not in a good way.
Trust me, TanaNari will top it. In 60 chapters, we'll be reading about a man in a straight relationship with his future self. (He communicates with her via precognition.) 30 chapters after that, we'll read about two sentient plants who have a long-distance relationship, but have trouble spending time together because of their day jobs.
Riley has feelings for me? "You're sure about this?" I asked.

"I trust the source," Missy answered. "And that source is certain."
Prediction: the person who told Missy about it was Rapture. She 1) knows about Bonesaw 2) is someone Missy trusts, and 3) could possibly use her power on Riley through Clarice.

Theo's takes after his papi more and more.
"Sorry I can't be more like you, Dad. I'll never be able to use my wealth and status to get two people who've basically been conditioned to love me because of a bullshit philosophy to love me. I'll only ever be able to make actual friends who value me for me, and fall in love with me because I'm actually a nice person, and they value my company."
*zips up and walks away from headstone*

two sentient plants who have a long-distance relationship, but have trouble spending time together because of their day jobs.
So... nothing to do with a lack of locomotion?

Or that they're always... doing pot.

I'm not sorry.

. Going along with sexism because it happens to be sexism that the majority of the population agrees with just rubs me the wrong way.
Now now, you'll get no disagreement from me that the arguments Missy used were sexist, however, no matter the sex/gender of anyone in such a situation, the general solution Missy suggested is not sexist, nor particularly creepy. I'm also not placing TOO much blame on Missy for her sexism for possible reasons ranging from age related ignorance to knowing that she was using an underhanded tactic and going with it anyway because she figured it would WORK (ie: consequentialism).
Nor should you be.

You know, I'm kind of hating Missy after this update. She's being manipulative, incredibly sexist and forcing Theo into a relationship via ultimatum. Maybe it'll all work out because of authorial fiat, but in the real world doing things like this without consent is pretty terrible.

It is, I am aware, a pet issue of mine. Imagine it was a boy telling a smitten girl that she also had to date his friend Steve (who someone surgically altered her brain to find attractive) or they were breaking up, and she was enough in love with him to go along with it. Right, creepy. On multiple levels. Dream Girl alone is enough to muddy the waters of consent. 3 person relationships can be highly complex things which not everyone is suited to. That said, they are teenagers so it's not like terrible lovelife decisions are out of character or anything. Missy, Theo and Riley have not exactly had good role models for this kind of thing, seeing as they were raised by Crappy Parents, Nazi Supervillian and Jack Slash respectively.

So yeah, most people seem to be high fiving. I'm looking on this more as the setting sail of the HMS Tragedy.
Darkest fix fic.

I didn't catch it anywhere so I'll ask how prominent will the Pantheon "splinter group" be in the story? Are you putting them on the bus, are you making a "spinoff with the fallen murder investigationa cting as a 2 hour pilot or something else all together?

Pantheon cannot be active on american soil,if Becky can work it though congress then Victoria is a traveling embassy that does nonprofit community services,thats be political talk for kicking ass all over California,or she quits Pantheon and refuses Avalonan citizenship,if things don't go her way.no director of a local prt will want her because they would think she's a triple sleeper cell spy for Avalon and they wouldn't want to risk their career to see if not.

Last edited:
Videochatting is a thing, though. So, if they had spare time, they could spend it together

I have no idea how to approach this. You said sentient, right? You never mentioned mobility or limbs or the ability to communicate or... I have no idea how to approach this.

However, they end up spending a lot of time working, because both of them are outstanding in their field.
I know how to approach this!

Don't complain if people respond in kind, cosoco; you reap what you sow.
Negativity doesn't help. No need to be a stick in the mud.

Negativity doesn't help. No need to be a stick in the mud.
Telling people they can't have certain opinions because they're "too negative" is a fruitless exercise. There might be a grain of truth to it, but this kind of corny, pop psychology is at the root of society's problems today.

Also, nothing for "crops up?" Ah, well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back