• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Android Games?

VtrCst

Know what you're doing yet?
Greetings, I've bought a decentish (Xiaomi Redmi Note 13 4g) smartphone recently and i'm wondering if and what games/ time wasters to add to it

do you all have any recs? good examples and stuff to avoid for example?

i love zen stuff and puzzles (Dash; Energy: Anti-Stress Loops; Infinity Loop: Relaxing Puzzle) and some action (Into the Dead)

if you know some useful or need to have apps i could use that too :p

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat but a few weeks downriver so I can help a little but I'm cheap so most of em will be free or cheap.
Minecraft runs a couple bucks if you can stand playing it on mobile.
Vampire Survivors is awesome, kinda like Diablo on a time limit, with each run independent of the other ones with in game currency you can use to upgrade to get OP, free with paid dlcs- haven't bothered with those yet, the games huge with big replay value.
Lemmings, only played a level so far but seems Lemmingly enough to play though I'm saving it for a rainy day.
Learn 2 Fly for penguin launching- get your penguin as far as you can, upgrade and do it again.
Tetris- surprisingly available free and a decent port at that if taking some time to get used to touch screen controls.
Smash Hit, a baffling beautiful game where you chuck metal marbles at glass objects and obstacles.
Warplanes W2 Dogfight, uninspired name and a lotta the planes are behind a paywall but the controls are okayish even if the shooting is more aimbot than I'd like.
Make It Fly, a sort of build your own toy plane- only the parts can only go where you expect them to, still a decent launch-upgrade-repeat type game.
Offline Games, a games collection that has some classic games in a reasonably sized package- solitaire, Uno, Spider solitaire, zumba, chess, checkers, yet another tetris, 2048, bubble shooter and so on. Bit heavy handed on the ads though, cool math games has an app and 2048- the reason why I got either to be honest- and an icon showing that roughly half their games work on android so if connectivity isn't an issue you might go with that instead.

Of all the games I've installed and uninstalled off my phone, Tavern Rumble survives. Slay The Spire-like but you're working on a 9-grid summoning units to defend your HP. There's spell cards for direct damage and other effects too. There are twelve separate classes (with optional bonus packs) that play almost completely differently and six different game modes, all of which can be unlocked by playing- though it takes a while. All ads are optional. The only thing that directly asks for money is unlocking more classes, but you can just save up for them too. If you're getting bored just set aside some time to watch ads for gems over and over, which you can do. Older classes are cheaper, while the newest ones cost more- not sure exactly how far that goes, as I started playing when there were maybe five and kept up with buying them pretty well after they dropped price the first time. Well, the gem cost is cheaper, not sure about the direct-buy cost. You can't even buy gems directly.

Lophis Roguelike is a more traditional Slay The Spire type of game, there's a free version and a pay version, only thing you miss is the latest class I think? Been a while since I played it.

Slice and Dice and Loop Hero are also pretty fun, though the latter seems to have some save file issues- both about ten bucks, I think.

For non-game apps...

I use Alarm Clock Xtreme for my alarms- it even has a custom mode where you have to solve math problems to snooze/dismiss alarms, if you have trouble getting up in the morning.

ColorNote is good for keeping notes and lists- the checklist mode is fantastic for keeping my grocery list.

Hybrid Stopwatch was good for what it says on the tin.

Malwarebytes or Avast for your anti-virus, though that's a big matter of opinion.

Slice & Dice is neat, solid. Not a cooking game. Definitely worth buying ($7 I think), if the unlimited free trial's display of items, class upgrades, and enemies interest you. I won't say the tutorial is great, but the mechanics aren't complex. There's just a lot of them, given how few are relevant at any given time with only 5 heroes and enemies.

Mindustry it's good build up a base and attack the enemy or survive the waves. Online is fun and as long as you don't grief you won't be banned... Just play some story so you know the basics

Hey, I'm in the same boat but a few weeks downriver so I can help a little, most of these will be free or cheap. Minecraft runs a couple bucks if you can play it on mobile. Vampire Survivors is awesome, kinda like Diablo on a time limit, free with paid DLCs. Lemmings is fine, only played one level so far. Learn 2 Fly for penguin launching, upgrade and repeat. Tetris is free and a decent port if you get used to touch controls. Smash Hit, a beautiful game where you chuck metal marbles at glass objects. Warplanes W2 Dogfight, uninspired name but decent controls. Make It Fly, build your own toy plane and upgrade it. Offline Games collection has classics like solitaire, uno, chess, checkers, tetris, 2048, and more, but lots of ads. :p

Does anybody know of any of any good games where you slowly build up a base or city that DOESN'T have some form of competitive MP?

Any free (non-gacha) games that you guys play on your mobile devices just to past time?

🙂

Any free (non-gacha) games that you guys play on your mobile devices just to past time?

🙂

Duet is pretty great in my experience, and outright probably somewhere on my list of favorite games. You control two dots which remain opposite each other and have to navigate them in conjunction around descending obstacles. It has a nice skill ceiling, great music and narration for the story modes, daily challenges and some endless modes as well. Back a while before I bothered to pay the $1-2 for premium (more levels), I was pleased enough with the entire game to bother sitting through the ads without annoyance.

Another game is Data Wing, where you navigate a tiny ship to the exit around some courses - has a short story mode. Then there's Arcadium 2, where you fly a ship around an arena automatically shooting endless waves of enemies. There's Soul Knight for a decent little rougelite, though some of the characters could only be obtained through purchased currency and I haven't checked back in for years.

There's myriad bullet hell games that are decent, but I haven't poked around that section of google play for a while. And there's Sky: Children of Light, Polytopia, and Mindustry that I have installed and heard good things about but haven't gotten into yet.

Thanks for the recommendations!

There's Soul Knight for a decent little rougelite, though some of the characters could only be obtained through purchased currency and I haven't checked back in for years.

I have played this before! It's pretty fun if you can dodge bullets!

Last time I checked, most of the playable units are locked with a paywall.

It turns out I played this one too! I saw an old review made by me a long time ago. I wonder what changed...

🙃

Last edited:
Not sure how it would be on a smaller screen, but I have Stardew Valley on my tablet for flights. Other than that I'd recommend Slay the Spire and Cultist Simulator, both are pretty fun.'

Plus since they're PC games first-and-foremost, there're no mtx or any chance of them getting added.

edit: they are on that Play Pass sub thing, iirc.

Last edited:
One android game that I don't see mentioned much, but I find an enjoyable time waster is Magic Survival. It looks a lot like Vampire Survivors, but it was actually the main game that inspired Vampire Survivors, rather than it being the other way around. If you like games like Vampire Survivors, you might want to try it out. Though one warning, it is a game made by a single Korean dev, and sometimes the translation quality is not the greatest. Fun once you get the hang of it though. It is free (with ads on death or if you get a resurrection), and has paid options to remove the ads entirely, or to double your gold income (both are permanent purchases). Also has purchasable gems that let you unlock and upgrade classes, but those are entirely earnable through in game methods as well.

Dragon Quest I-VIII (aside from VII, for some reason) are all on Android. So are the Final Fantasy I-VIII (again, minus VII) games. The "X of Mana" games, too, and Disgaea 1. Though, none of these games are free.

For free, non-gacha games, I like ISEPS Idle Particle Simulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back