• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Asagi Quest: The endless quest continues!

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

An old familiar place unfolds before you. An endless void as far as the eye can see. Once again...

imposter36

Getting sticky.
An old familiar place unfolds before you. An endless void as far as the eye can see. Once again you returned to this place. Another attempt, another failure, another walk of shame back "home". You move forward grumbling all the while. As you move you see a light ahead in the diatance and as you get closer you arrive at your "living room" of sorts.
The only furnishings available in this empty space were a tv that was eminating the light in this place, funny enough despite the lack of transmitter equipment it somehow managed to get every channel known to man, most known to demons, and three known only by the old sleeping one. Nethercast cable can kiss your ass. Other than that there was simply a moderate weapons chest and small coffee table with some magazines stolen from various netherworlds and a hot cup of tea waiting there. Having returned to familiar ground you release your frustrations in the most appropreate way possible.

"GOD DAMNIT!" you scream kicking over the coffee table scattering the magazines and spilling the tea all over whatever constitutes a "floor" here. "I wasn't even trying to take over his stupid game and yet he still kicks my ass! He just assumed I was and now my whole plan went to hell!" you rave over yor most recent defeat. You remember trying a different approach and hijacking an idol show hoping to win over the denizens of the netherworld. You worked really hard too, practicing your vocals, writing your own songs, and forcing some demons into recording your demo. All for that paranoid brat of an overlord to wreck it all.
"Is it too much to ask that i win just once? Is it? They all say to just wait paitiently and your game will come eventually but its been almost ten years! How long will it take?" You rant and rave and stomp around. Who cares right? No one will see you. " I just dont want to be..." You pause. Oh yeah, you said the same thing before the fight. 'I don't want to be alone anymore,' you sigh, "yeah, that."

You are Asagi Asagiri. You are the rejected main character, the abandoned heroine, the cameo star, and the only native of a world that does not exist. This is all you remember, the knowledge that you would be the 'main character' of your world, and - when your promised world never came - a long string of failed takeovers. Once again you recall that journey, from being forced into Zetta's "tutalege" to running away to claim your title. As your journey continued you even gained fans, people who supported your ambitions and wanted to fight you. You even stole the Yoshitsuna, the most powerful battleship in the universe from under Zetta's nose.
That was the last time you felt you had achieved something. Soon after that stupid world eater killed your support and that fake Asagi stole the Yoshitsuna and had to be destroyed. Now you are right back here. No family, no friends, nowhere to belong. Turning around you find the table upright and all the displaced items back in their initial positions, even the tea cup is full and steaming. Thats right nothing has changed huh.
You collapse to the floor exauhsted. You start to question if its even worth it to fight back. You wrap your arms around your knees and think.
"What am i suppossed to do?"

[ ] watch tv. Might take your mind off of this.
[ ] sleep. You cannot deal with this right now.
[ ] give up. Maybe you can wait it out. game over

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] sleep. You cannot deal with this right now.

I have a cunning plan for Asagi to get her own story: go to a setting with a expanded universe.

Silversun17 said:
I have a cunning plan for Asagi to get her own story: go to a setting with a expanded universe.
Actually, since this is a quest starring Asagi, technically, she now HAS her own story.

if we get to pick the setting we go to i'm thinking star wars just before episode 1. we could derail palpy's plans with the butterflies.

[X] watch tv. Might take your mind off of this.

Who gave her this 'home' anyway?

Grosstoad said:
Who gave her this 'home' anyway?

Its largely based off of her ending from diagaea infinite if you want to know. I added the furnature though as before there was just void, asagi, and at the end a fire dragon

[X] sleep. You cannot deal with this right now.

Why hasn't anyone informed me that Asagi has her own Quest here?

You feel increadibly tired. No wonder since eacaping from that overlord took no small amount of effort or explosives. boy that kid was pissed. Almost made it worth it actually. You decide to go to sleep and decide what to do later. Reaching into your coat you remove your weapoms and place them on the table before laying down to sleep.

Elsewhere
A lone soldier looked on at the fortress before him. This place was once his home, the pride and joy of his entire civilization and the home of the emperor. Now however it was just a slaughterhouse. His new masters had finally manged to invade en mass crushing and subjugating all that stood before them. He watched as the capital burned around him, as its citizens were defiled and devoured and as the men he once called comradeswere subjected to horrors that made those still capable of the act cry and beg for death. He smiled the whole time, relishing their torment.

"Status report soldier" commanded the voice behind him. Turning to face his commander the soldier spoke.

"The emperor has been slain and the humans routed we have crushed them all" spike the soldier.

Yes when he was human this place meant a lot to him. However he wasnt human anymore. That had been ripped out of him. He represented hus dimension perfectally in fact. Every last ounce of what once was is gone, stripped away or twisted beyond all recognition, until all that was left was chaos. A fate that would befall all dimensions in time.

Later
You awake from your dream in a daze not sure what to make of it. There was a lion, a clown, a scorpion made of severed heads... It was wierd.
" and in other news no new word on the mysterious woman who bombed the castle of overlord laharl. Witness reports state that..."
You look to the t.v. and see that it changed itself t o the netherworld news network as it does on occassion, half awake you watch as the female archer drones on about your exploits. The program really went downhill after Plenair quit. Ignoring the tube you decide to paw through some of the stolen magazines. After getting through thieves guild monthly and moving past DEMONS magizines coveridge of the evil-ection you find a small gossip rag with a picture of the demon idol lezzaronte on the cover. The same magazine that spsrked your recent dive into failure.

"Aaaagh you stupid thing!!" consumed by irrational anger you pick up the magazine and start ripping it to shreads.

"Die die die you worthless piece of crap!" after tearing the magazine several new ones and calming down xonsiderably you look start picking up the pieces when something catchea your eye. A convieniently intact piece of the magazines advice column, which read as follows.

Dear, Azathoth

I am having some troubles with my boyfriend of 300 years. We used to have such romantic getaways but now it all seems so plain. Im sad to say that, we have not had the same spark that it used to. I don't know what to do so give me some advice.

Signed,
Peach basket

Dear Peach Basket,

It sounds to me that you two are simply in a rut that needs breaking out of. I reccomend a change of scenery. Going somewhere you've never been is a time honored way of adding spice to a relationship or hiding bodies. Whichever happens first.

Signed,
Azathoth

"Thats it," you mutter to yourself looking at the note in your trembling hands.

"It's so obvious if I can't become a main character in the Netherworld I just need to leave and take over somewhere else." No wait, not just the netherworld, you need to abandon the entire universe made by the company. Hey its a long shot but it might work.

"Hehehhe" once again that fire starts burning within you screaming to try again and succeed. Grabbing your weapons off the table and holstering them you summon a dimensional portal and prepare to leave.

"Look out universe, Asagi's coming to claim her title once more!"

Where to go?

[ ] This dimension is the most familar, it has demons in it but... Different somehow. the fallen angel's chosen warrior ponders how to rebuild the world.

[ ] This place seems like a normal earth but you can tell some powerful magic will descend upon it soon. If you act fast, maybe you can get in on it. 7 fools fight for a false miracle, perhaps a tradgedy could be avoided
[ ] What the? This place feels wierd, like two dimensions haphazardly smashed together. Whats going on?
a boy, a heart, a key, need i say more?
[ ] hmmm this world seems like a pretty violent place. Then again so is the netherworld. How bad could it be?
a sadistic empire ruledvby a manipulated child king. Maybe an assassination is needed

Ok, let's see, to be honest I don't like any of these choices.

[ ] This dimension is the most familar, it has demons in it but... Different somehow. the fallen angel's chosen warrior ponders how to rebuild the world.

[ ] This place seems like a normal earth but you can tell some powerful magic will descend upon it soon. If you act fast, maybe you can get in on it. 7 fools fight for a false miracle, perhaps a tradgedy could be avoided
[ ] What the? This place feels wierd, like two dimensions haphazardly smashed together. Whats going on?
a boy, a heart, a key, need i say more?
[ ] hmmm this world seems like a pretty violent place. Then again so is the netherworld. How bad could it be?
a sadistic empire ruledvby a manipulated child king. Maybe an assassination is needed

1 is... I donno
2 is Fate/Stay night
3 is Kingdom Heart

I'll probably end up picking 2 even though I don't want to, unless 1 is something better.

Last edited:
Is that Kingdom Hearts way back before, well... Kingdom Hearts shattered? Its mentions two dimensions (KH and RoD most likely)... unless Asagi sees the collective planets/worlds as one Dimension?

I am assuming that any choices we pick, Chaos will also be invading, as that little slice of foreshadowing mentioned at the end.

[05:46] <+Grosstoad> roll 1d4
[05:46] <+qqbot> Grosstoad rolled 1d4: 1 = [1]

[X] This dimension is the most familar, it has demons in it but... Different somehow. The fallen angel's chosen warrior ponders how to rebuild the world.

[X] This place seems like a normal earth but you can tell some powerful magic will descend upon it soon. If you act fast, maybe you can get in on it.

[X] This place seems like a normal earth but you can tell some powerful magic will descend upon it soon. If you act fast, maybe you can get in on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back