• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Behold The Mimic! (Marvel comics Quest)

Behold The Mimic! (Marvel comics Quest)
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Behold! the Mimic! the superhuman with the powers of an entire team! how will his story unfold in the World of marvel when so much is still unclear to him? will he make it to challenge the likes of cosmic forces? or fail and be left unknown to history.

A quest about navigating your way through one of Marvels more turbulent eras of comics history. based off of my love for the Calvin Rankin Mimic character. (crossposting from SB)
The Documenter starts documenting New

The_Legend_Ranger

Getting out there.
You are not where you should be, that became obvious within the seconds it took for you to look around. Your obviously not in the warm embrace of your bed, or even where you were before, instead you're in what you can assume to be the vast cosmos as you are confronted by an alien being who appears to be appraising you.

He spoke with a soft yet reverberating voice. "Ah it is good to see that you are finally awake…

Who are you?

[][Calvin Rankin of Earth-11052]You come from an earth that has barely entered the infancy of its superhuman age. Oh yes that's right your from a different earth so you're definitely the fish out of water here with no real knowledge of what's going on.

[][Peter Petreli] a rather normal person for this world if not for your superpowers and alliterative name. You've grown up in this world and are familiar with its major players and superheroes. You don't have earth shattering knowledge but you certainly have some stuff going for you.

[][Christopher Rankin] The hypothetical child of the original mimic. What makes you hypothetical? Why the fact you came from the future and have accompanying knowledge of some events to come, then again were you all that great a history student?

As you are no doubt aware you are no longer in your domicile, or even where you were before now as i have brought you to me to be made aware of your new station." he said a

"Though where are my manners? I am an elder of the universe, The Documentor!" he said throwing out his hands as a brilliant display of cosmic energy danced behind him. "And I have chosen you as my new focus of study and documentation! I do so because i see great promise in you with your Mimicry abilities."

What are the specifics of your Power
[][The OG mimic] you posses the power to mimic the abilities and Powers of everyone within your range, you can also keep those powers and abilities for however long they were in your range before their original owner leaves. However if you have spent a lot of time around the original owner there is the possibility that you will keep the powers and knowledge. All copied powers are at full strength.

[][The big M] you posses the power to mimic the abilities and Powers of up to five people at a time. You can instantly drop the powers and abilities of someone and instantly fill the slot with the powers and abilities of someone within a hundred meters of yourself. All copied powers are at full strength.

[][Exiles Mimic (almost)] you posses the power to mimic the abilities and Powers of up to five people at a time. You can instantly drop the powers and abilities of someone though you can temporarily copy the powers and abilities of those in your range, retaining those powers will take up to an hour of being nearby to them. All your copied powers and abilities are at half strength, However you can retain residuals from discarded abilities as well as regain those discarded powers if you're lucky and focus strong enough.

Copied powers
[][None] You don't have any copied powers yet which makes you little better than a normal human at the moment

[][the Iconic] how you gained the powers of the original five X-men is none of my business but you have them now; the Wings of Angel, the strength and agility of Beast, Gene Grey's telekinesis and telepathy, Cyclops' Laser eyes (punch beams), and Iceman's cryokinesis.

[][an exile] your starting powers come from a more eclectic group of superhumans; Flight and light generation from Northstar, Wolverine's claws and healing factor, colossus' organic metal transformation and strength, Solar radiation manipulation of Sunfire, and the Omnimorphosis of Morph.

[][write in] write in five superhuman marvel characters (under class 100 please) for your starting copied powers

"I tell you this so that you are made aware that what you do, everything you accomplish, all your failings. Shall be preserved for eternity in my library. I shall interfere no longer however as it would taint my documentation." he said with a ringing certainty that set my spine a shiver "as well as to warn you…as my focus you will be targeted by others of the elders of the universe who oppose me. Be on your guard. I would so hate to have to switch focus so soon. Now I shall return you from whence I grabbed you!" and with that i was back where i started, on my way to…

[][Xaviers institute for higher learning] the school has recently been rebuilt by its two new headmasters; Scott Summers, and Emma Frost after a rather unfortunate explosion and damage to the grounds as well as the school. Mutant hysteria is on the rise as a cure for the X-gene is found, and the schools new curriculum to help ready the students for the world. This choice will certainly be X-trodinary

[][Camp Hammond] The superhuman civil war has ended with the registration side winning and that leaves the remaining superhumans to be trained by the initiative at camp hammond! Train hard and become certified as a licensed hero, and avoid getting your powers removed by the shady government organization.

[][Avengers Academy] The Avengers have started a school to train the next generation of avengers, taking the students from all walks of life that were experimented on by Norman Osborn. But is their goal really to turn you and the other students into future avengers?

A/N: okay hope this takes off this is my first Quest ever! So i'd kinda appreciate some patience with the introduction chapter. I really love the Mimic and his powers and even variations thereof. Also certain choices have hidden Boons or hidden drawbacks that will affect the story as it goes on. Also the three locations/time periods that you can choose from are from the era of comics that I know best. Also yes one of the names is Peter Petrelli as in the heroes TV show don't judge me.

Looks interesting!

[X][Calvin Rankin of Earth-11052]You come from an earth that has barely entered the infancy of its superhuman age. Oh yes that's right your from a different earth so you're definitely the fish out of water here with no real knowledge of what's going on.

[X][The big M] you posses the power to mimic the abilities and Powers of up to five people at a time. You can instantly drop the powers and abilities of someone and instantly fill the slot with the powers and abilities of someone within a hundred meters of yourself. All copied powers are at full strength.

[X][None] You don't have any copied powers yet which makes you little better than a normal human at the moment

[X][Avengers Academy] The Avengers have started a school to train the next generation of avengers, taking the students from all walks of life that were experimented on by Norman Osborn. But is their goal really to turn you and the other students into future avengers?

[X][Calvin Rankin of Earth-11052]You come from an earth that has barely entered the infancy of its superhuman age. Oh yes that's right your from a different earth so you're definitely the fish out of water here with no real knowledge of what's going on.
[X][Exiles Mimic (almost)] you posses the power to mimic the abilities and Powers of up to five people at a time. You can instantly drop the powers and abilities of someone though you can temporarily copy the powers and abilities of those in your range, retaining those powers will take up to an hour of being nearby to them. All your copied powers and abilities are at half strength, However you can retain residuals from discarded abilities as well as regain those discarded powers if you're lucky and focus strong enough.
[X][the Iconic] how you gained the powers of the original five X-men is none of my business but you have them now; the Wings of Angel, the strength and agility of Beast, Gene Grey's telekinesis and telepathy, Cyclops' Laser eyes (punch beams), and Iceman's cryokinesis.
[X][Avengers Academy] The Avengers have started a school to train the next generation of avengers, taking the students from all walks of life that were experimented on by Norman Osborn. But is their goal really to turn you and the other students into future avengers?

Welcome to Xaviers New
Who are you?
[x][Calvin Rankin of Earth-11052]You come from an earth that has barely entered the infancy of its superhuman age. Oh yes that's right your from a different earth so you're definitely the fish out of water here with no real knowledge of what's going on.

What are the specifics of your Power
[X][Exiles Mimic (almost)] you posses the power to mimic the abilities and Powers of up to five people at a time. You can instantly drop the powers and abilities of someone though you can temporarily copy the powers and abilities of those in your range, retaining those powers will take up to an hour of being nearby to them. All your copied powers and abilities are at half strength, However you can retain residuals from discarded abilities as well as regain those discarded powers if you're lucky and focus strong enough.

Copied powers
[X][None]

[X][Xaviers institute for higher learning] the school has recently been rebuilt by its two new headmasters; Scott Summers, and Emma Frost after a rather unfortunate explosion and damage to the grounds as well as the school. Mutant hysteria is on the rise as a cure for the X-gene is found, and the schools new curriculum to help ready the students for the world. This choice will certainly be X-trodinary

And like nothing had happened you were back on the bus. You briefly flash back to what that apparently cosmic being had said. You weren't too in the know when it came to the world that you've found yourself in but you assume a pretentious name lik "the elders of the Universe" means that these assholes are old, really old. You think on it for a moment before the things that alien said jumped out in your memory. That he was documenting you as if it was important in some way to this world. But if that means what the guy was saying was true, that meant you were important. Which meant you had a destiny…the thought filled your throat with a bile. You knew from the moment you arrived on this earth that it infuriated you, but now knowing that it was part of some plan for you to be snatched away from your home and from your mother the thought filled you with a near blinding rage.

Though if you do have a destiny you think its to make your life hell as the loud scratches and conversations of the bus making it near impossible for you to hear your own thoughts. Nearly everyone–teachers included–had been staying in an apartment building as a sort of temporary housing while the institute was being repaired after Xorn or magneto or whoever it was destroyed the institute. However that apartment building couldn't be close to the institute for whatever stupid reason, instead it was out all the way in New York city. Which brings you back to the bus from hell filled with all the mutant kids who didn't have their own ride back to the institute.

"Please settle down students!" The large blue cat driving us bellowed, though he was mainly drowned out by the cacophony of everyone ignoring him and talking with their friends. Somehow Dr. Mccoy got himself roped into being the bus driver for nearly thirty teenage mutants personally you were surprised that things hadn't escalated out of the control of the founding X-man. But then again the day was still young and there was still a ways to go on the road.

You took a look around to see who exactly it was that was sitting around you–never know if it somehow changed while you were having your cosmic daydream. Looking to the seat to your right to you was a kid with black hair in a green sweater jamming out to some kind of music as he was dancing (in his seat) to the tune. Across the isle to your left you could see a girl with bright brown hair and red tattoos covering her face as she read a book doing her best to ignore the other passengers. And finally past the girl with the tattoos you could see a plain looking boy with brown hair staring out the window looking at the sky.

If you had to guess you'd say the daydreamer was ED the flying kid who you copied flight from a while back. Flight really was the most freeing power. 'So what to do' you think to yourself Interact with people or think about what just happened with your cosmic situation.

[][talk with] The guy jamming out right next to you
[][talk with] The girl with tattoos on her face you could always get to know more people
[][talk with] ED the flying kid, you've copied his power before maybe you should get to know more about him.
[][talk with] no one you should think more about your cosmic revelation and maybe research with your phone.

Dr. Mccoy made a few more stops on the way up to the institute, and you thought halfway through that the other students were gonna riot when he started playing classical music but finally the bus had made it to the institute and everyone was pouring out of the tin can on wheels. Though you stayed behind on the bus for a moment waiting for the other students to clear out a little so that you could get out with less fuss. As you made your way towards the door of the bus however you were stopped by the good doctor.

"Oh Calvin if you could wait a moment?" he called out to you as you were exiting the machine "I would like to talk to you some concerning your situation." he finished with what you assumed to be a pittying look on his feline face. You were more than vaguely aware that Dr. Mccoy as well as headmaster Summers had some sort of relationship to your counterpart in this universe, though you haydn't exactly pinned it down you assumed it to be somesort of camaraderie. Though if whatever they feel about you will help you out you'll endure it.

"Sure thing Dr. Mccoy. Did…did you find a way home for me?" you asked, you could easily start mimicking the man to learn what he knows, though you would grow blue fur and give the game away. And while the professors have said that they wont hold it against you when you do things like that they have expressed that it can be rude as well as an invasion of privacy. Then again you almost certainly knew the answer to your question was no, given the fact that they've had to contend with an honest to god supervillain as well as rebuilding the school, you wouldn't hold it against them that some kid from another world wasn't their top priority.

"I'm afraid not my boy, though we are working on it along with assistance from some of the greatest minds that we could get to help. Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Doctor strange, as well as myself are still searching." he says with a polite and wise earnestness in his voice. You could tell that he was trying to cushion the blow that this would have on you but it didn't stop the hurting. "But the reason why i wanted to talk to you was because me and the other teachers discussed it and wanted to see how it was you've been adjusting to the unfortunate upheaval you have been experiencing and see if there was anything that we could do to help ease your strife?"

You could tell that he was definitely sad when he said that and that he really felt bad for you. You however do understand that he's trying to ease your suffering in what little ways he and the teachers can.

[][ask for] some help understanding this new world better
[][ask for] extra training for you to learn more about your powers
[][ask for] keep the offer of help for later
[][ask for] Write in!

Having said your peace to the gentle blue giant–the guy is tall–you collect your bag filled with what little possessions you had that survived the destruction of the school and made your way to the entrance. You decided that you had had enough of the world for the day and would like to go decompress in your room. The entrance to the school looked far different from what you remember you had assumed that they would rebuild it all to be the same.

"Yes. No. Yes. it is different but it's also the same." came a girls voice from off to the side "sorry." you turned to see who it was and nearly jumped out of your skin when you saw the girl was missing her eyes and was "looking" at you in the eyes. "She is sorry that she frightened you." she said.

For a brief moment you wondered if this girl had english as a second language but dismissed the thought as a non issue since you'd heard of telepaths just jamming languages into peoples heads. Though the thing you didn't dismiss from your mind was the girls lack of eyes which you reasoned were from her mutation. Yet another reminder of this new world you found yourself in, you would have never seen something like that back in your old world. "No it's alright I just…well i still need to adjust some to the stranger stuff in of this world." You said trying to give a reassuring smile before stopping halfway wondering if it actually did any good.

"Yes she knows that you are smiling." the girl with no eyes said as she showed you one of her own.

"Soooo…telepath?" you ask rhetorically. "Well i'd…actually you know what i'm thinking so i'll just say that i don't want to have to deal with people at the moment." you said trying to give a reassuring smile, but the weight of the day was heavy on you as the documentor as well as the ride back to Xavier's wayed on your thoughts.

"She is sorry…" she said as she looked downtrodden and apologetically at the ground.

"Hey…its not a problem with you, maybe we'll hang out some time but i'm gonna go." you said walking away from her and into the main building. The entrance hall was bustling with students of all shapes and sizes walking through, looking for rooms and something to do. You see more than a few students flying as well as climbing to avoid the mosh pit of students that filled the place. You however had a plan though a slightly less than ideal one as you reached out and felt yourself copy one of the powers of the flying students.

With that done you found yourself flying through the hallway towards your room…until you fell when the student you were copying fell out of range. However you were already near your room when it happened so you rushed in to spare yourself the embarrassment. Once you were inside you also remembered that you were sharing a room with…

[][Mark Shepard] The kid that was jamming out on the bus next to you. Maybe this is coincidence or destiny?
[][Joshua Guthrie] This new kid with red bird wings that you havent really seen around, but you hear he's not a half bad guy
[][Julian Keller] a kid you've seen around being just a general dick, maybe you can talk to him about it. Not too long ago you were a piece of work too.

A/N: so heres chapter 2. Some house cleaning, i'm posting cross platform to SB SV and QQ to get a wider pool of votes as well as more input. Votes for which power Calvin would have were tied so i flipped a coin and we wound up with exiles mimics power. Also now on to how many days i'll let voting go for i'm thinking 2 to 3 days. I'm also thinging i'll do like four or so chapters one after another and then take a break for a few days but i'm not sure. With that out of the way I bid you all happy questing.

Darn, was hoping to vote for the character creation.

Character sheet New
Name: Calvin Rankin

Home earth: 11052

Current earth: 616 sub Q–as in quest

Power: Calvin possess the power to mimic the abilities and Powers of up to five people at a time. He can instantly drop the powers and abilities of someone though he can temporarily copy the powers and abilities of those in your range, retaining those powers will take up to an hour of being nearby to them. All his copied powers and abilities are at half strength, However he can retain residuals from discarded abilities as well as regain those discarded powers if hes lucky and focus strong enough.

Current Permanently Copied Powers: None

Residuals: None

Unlocked Boons: [From out of the past] Your earth 616 counterpart appears to have a history with a few of the X-men. You gain +10 on social rolls with founding members of the X-men. (Unlocked by having Calvin Rankin)

[Toggle] copied physical mutations can be turned on and off as needed. this allows you to hide your powers even when they're physical ones. (Unlocked by having Calvin Rankin and [Exiles Mimic (almost)] together)

Unlocked drawbacks: [a world that hates and fears you] the world sees you to be a mutant and it hates you for it. You now have disadvantage on scenario rolls for X-men villains which means that you'll be drawn into more of the X-mens conflicts. (Unlocked by having Xaviers institute for higher learning)

[X][talk with] The girl with tattoos on her face you could always get to know more people
[X][ask for] some help understanding this new world better
[X][Joshua Guthrie] This new kid with red bird wings that you havent really seen around, but you hear he's not a half bad guy

[X][talk with] The girl with tattoos on her face you could always get to know more people
[X][ask for] some help understanding this new world better
[X][Joshua Guthrie] This new kid with red bird wings that you havent really seen around, but you hear he's not a half bad guy

[X][talk with] no one you should think more about your cosmic revelation and maybe research with your phone.
[X][ask for] keep the offer of help for later
[X][Julian Keller] a kid you've seen around being just a general dick, maybe you can talk to him about it. Not too long ago you were a piece of work too. Keller

chapter 3: the move in New

[X][ask for] extra training for you to learn more about your powers

[X][Joshua Guthrie] This new kid with red bird wings that you haven't really seen around

'You know what' you think to yourself 'i can save thinking about cosmic shit for later, maybe while i'm here i should at least try to get to know some people. I cant be the loner kid from another dimension forever.' with your conflict on what to do you try and figure out who you should talk to. The kid next to you seems to be having the time of his life with his music–even if his dancing is starting to get on your nerves–and ED seems to just be in his own world thinking about flying. Personally you can relate to wanting to be anywhere but on this bus, but you don't want to bother him. So that just leaves the beauty with the tattoos on her face.

As you look closer you see that her tattoos seem to cover her whole body as you see the same red on her face traveling down her arm to her hands. 'Maybe its part of her mutation. I'll ask.' you think as you tap her on her shoulder from across the isle. With a start her head bolted up as she started looking around till her eyes landed on you. "Umm…hello?" she said as she closed her book (keeping her finger in it to save her place) and looked at you inquisitively.

"I just wanted to ask you about your tattoos." you say trying to find the right words to not come off as an asshole. "Umm are they…you know…Natural?" you ask the nervousness of this weighing on you. It's not as though you lack social skills, it's just that when you were back in your home dimension you relied–unknowingly–on your powers to help in social situations, but you'd been learning not to at the urging of the former headmaster, that combined with the fact you've been kind of avoiding people in this new world didn't make for a great social combination. so your a bit rusty when it comes to socializing with other people your own age.

The laugh that she gave you however was encouraging–even if you could barely hear it over the noise of the other students on the bus. "Yes they are, like you said…Natural." she said, trying to stifle the laughter in her voice while attempting to mimic your own nervous way you said "Natural". "I haven't had anyone ask me it like that before though." she said giving you a smile.

"Well I'm glad to be the first. I'm Calvin by the way." You said offering your hand to her.

A look of recognition crossed her face before she took your hand in hers to shake. "You're the boy who came from that other dimension right?" she asked you as she started to look you over more closely. It was common knowledge amongst the student body that "the loner who copies powers" was from a different dimension, though not everyone knew that it was you since ironically you're pretty good at blending in with the crowd. What everyone did know however is that you were rescued by the X-men from one of their old enemies Arcade a month or so ago.

"Yeah thats me." you say as you return the handshake with a bit of nervous laughter. "I guss i'm kinda obvious?" you ask trying to keep the conversation going.

"Not really, i just remember when you first showed up and you were so confused." she said giving you a look that you couldn't quite identify. "I'm Alani by the way. So what's it like? To go from one world to another?" she asks looking at you more intently.

Well you've heard of worse conversation topics. "It's definitely strange…you know for me." you say as you try to think of the right things to say. "You know back home we don't have…this." you gestured around to all the students. She has an odd look of confusion on her face so you decide to clarify "No mutants i mean…or well not so many." you say as you think back to your own worlds lack of superhumans out in the open.

"Wait really?" Alani asked sounding a bit stunned by your statement. "So no X-men? What about the Avengers? Or the Fantastic Four?"

"Nope! We don't have superheroes period. Hell I'm not sure my earth even has a Tony Stark." you say

"Whoa." was all she could say as she had a stunned look on her face.

It took a little bit but soon the two of you lapsed into more normal conversation topics–If they could be called that–about the institute and what the repairs would be like, as well as classes and hobbies. By the time you and her stopped talking the bus had already arrived at the institute and the two of you had resolved to hang out sometime.

You pondered the offer for a moment, you could ask for quite a few things but the thought that won out "Can…can i have some extra training with my powers?" I asked Dr Mccoy. "It's just that where i come from there arent a lot of mutants, so i've never copied powers before i came here and i've never really tested or learned much about my powers." you explained the the cat man.

"Of Course we would be glad to assist you. In fact I have the perfect instructor in mind." Dr Mccoy said a jovial look on his face. "And i think she'll be quite the fit for teaching you." he said practically dripping with anticipation.

"Who would that be?" you ask genuinely unaware of the instructor he's referring to.

"Why our very own Rogue, she like you is also a power copier." he explained "and i believe that she will be of great assistance in learning about your powers, their upper limits as well as what you can and can't copy." he said a tinge of excitement in his voice. "And i will be there to document and analyze your findings so as to better understand your powers on the genetic level."

'Well hes certainly happy about this.' you thought to yourself as he continued talking "I'll schedule a training session with you and Rogue for later in the week. Now run along my boy I'm sure you have much unpacking to do." he said as my cue to leave. 'On the upside i'll finally get to learn more about my powers' you thought as you walked off.

Joshua Guthrie as you saw the red winged boy emptying out his rucksack onto his bed. He had obviously been hard at work unpacking his side of the room as it already had a few posters on the wall as well as a guitar on a stand. Walking over to your bed you set down your meager belongings and debate wether or not you should say something. He hasn't noticed you yet so he's either not very observant, or is just ignoring you.

"Hey, guess you're my new roommate. Josh, right?" You say after a momentary internal debate on whether you should leave him to unpack or talk to the guy who would be your roommate for the year–or until the school blows up again.

"Oh hey! Yeah you must be Calvin. And i don't really go by josh anymore, call me Jay" he said offering you a handshake which you take in kind. You don't really want to pry on the name change and let it be. "Sooo…sorry I kinda already choose my side of the room." he said as he gestured to his decorated half of the room.

"Nah it's alright. I didn't really have much stuff leftover from when the school blew up." you said with a gesture to the bag on your bed. "But moving past depressing topics, those are some pretty awesome looking wings." you say looking at said appendages.

"Oh you think so?" Jay asked as he flexed his wings to give you a better view. "I mean I think theyre pretty great but I might be a bit biased." he said a bit sheepishly.

"Nah they look great." you say as a thought crosses your mind. "Actually…do you mind if i copy them?" you ask as start to take off your shirt.

Jay takes a moment to look at you like you've grown a second head–not an all too uncommon occurrence for some students here. "What do you mean copy them?" he asks a bit confused by the notion.

"I mean this." you say as you reached out with your power and latched onto Jay's power. In a smooth motion like putty being molded two red wings identical to Jay's emerged from your back. "I'm a power copier." You explain to him as he wore a gobsmacked look on his face.

"*Whistle* that's…pretty impressive." he said as he came close and started inspecting your wings. "Did it hurt?" he asks as he lightly tugs one of your wings into a spread out position, being very gentle with them.

"No not really, physical mutations just sort of…blorp out of me. I can shut them off too if they get uncomfortable. Why? Did it hurt when you first grew wings?" You ask with a bit of concern over what it must be like for someone to just normally grow wings.

"Your kidding right? Have you ever had bones shoot out of your back? I almost screamed my head off when my wings came in! And don't get me started on the feathers!." Jay said as he flopped over onto his bed. "You've got it easy." he says rolling over to face you "But i guess thats just how this stuff goes…so do you need help unpacking?" he offers

[][unpacking] You can manage on your own its not a lot of stuff then you can relax.
[][unpacking] you take jay up on his offer to help you unpack so you can relax.
[][unpacking] ehh you don't need to unpack instead hang out with Jay and do something fun.
[][unpacking] Write in...

The next day came and you found yourself dealing with something you thought would be put off for at least another few days or so…the start of classes. Or at least thats what you thought it was instead you found out that it was just the welcome back orientation from Jay.

"Seriously though man get a new alarm clock or I'll find someone with the power to torch it, and then copy them." You said with yawn as you and your roommate walked through the halls in a sea of students to the danger room. "Because I swear that thing is a menace."

"Well it woke you up didn't it?" Jay retorted as he stretched out his wings in an attempt to wake himself up.

"Yeah it woke me up…YOU slept right through it!" You accused with a finger in his face. What you were saying was true, as you were woken up by Jay's rooster themed alarm clock and he slept right through it.

"Look cal it's tradition." he explained "my brother had it when he was coming to Xaviers, then he gave it to my sister when she was on the X-men, and now she's given it to me." He said with a country corn fed smile.

You let out a sigh, family was important to you even if you currently lacked it in this world. But…"If you sleep through it again i'm gonna throw it out a window, and you can follow after." You say half joking and the other half sleep deprived.

"Fair enough." he said holding up his hands in surrender as you two finally found ya'lls way into the danger room. Finding seats proved less of a challenge then you thought however as Jay was able to arial sweep for seats and save you one.

As the assembly started one thought pervaded your mind 'You know one of the only upsides of this universe…teachers dress like strippers.' You thought as you looked at the co-headmistress Emma Frost who was wearing what could generously be referred to as…a corset? You knew however that she could almost certainly definitely hear your thoughts…but you were alright with that since you didn't much like her and she didn't much like you. At Least that's what you thought from your interactions with her since your arrival. You also knew your mother would be appalled if she heard your thoughts at giving the co-headmistress anything but your utmost respect, and a small part of you felt guilty for that however the larger part of you that thought the co-headmistress hated you won out on the decision to be spiteful.

The orientation soon found itself underway as co-headmaster Summers stepped up to the podium and began talking…and talking…and talking some more. At some point you were almost certain that he had lost the plot as he seemed a bit lost with his own speech. At which point however Miss Frost returned to the podium and began introducing the current senior staff–we had lost some teachers in the magneto fight, and a few others went back to some hero teams. And just as she was introducing them a woman walked through the wall of the danger room.

Though you couldn't get a good look at her you felt that there was something familiar about this woman. "This, children. Is kitty Pryde" was all you needed to hear before the familiarity clicked. You knew her, not this adult kitty pryde but you had known the teenage one back in your home dimension, even had classes with her and partnered up for a project in computer lab. Though you couldn't quite reconcile them until you heard her speak.

"Im sorry i'm late. I was busy remembering to put on all my clothes." she said to the headmistress just loud enough that your hearing picked it up, and you laughed as the other kids murmured. Through your own squinted eyes you were almost certain Miss Frost was glaring but you thought it was worth it. Kitty back in your home dimension could also snark with the best of them, and you found a bit of comfort that some things were universal. Headmistress frost went on to talk some more when suddenly the roof broke apart and a giant purple hand plunged itself inside the room

Your stunned but not all too throne off your balance and try to go with your instincts on what to do

[][Instincts] start copying powers to...
-[][powers to] Defend the other students
-[][powers to] Attack the giant hand
-[][powers to] Save myself
[][Instincts] I need to get out of here
[][Instincts] screw instincts I need a plan
[][Instincts] Write in...

With the excitement and rather morose ending of the first day back orientation done with you found yourself looking to find something even slightly edible to stuff in your face. Within a few minutes of searching you managed to find yourself entering into the newly reconstructed cafeteria. Getting in line you heard something vaguely cajun being said from the front of it which gave you hope that the person on lunch duty today was Gambit, in your opinion one of the only X-men with the ability to cook a good meal that didn't make you question their abilities. Once you got to the front and saw the choices however.

'Calvin Rankin please report to my office' came the psychic voice of the headmistress along with detailed instructions on how to get to her office from the line. You briefly entertain the idea of making her wait while you eat when 'this is not a request for when your free. This is an immediate meeting'. Sometimes you hate telepaths, with a huff you leave you tray in line and begin the walk to the headmistress' office. Along the way you briefly wonder what the meeting could be about, a glimmer of hope thinks they might have found your home…reason stomps that dream dead. They wouldn't have Miss Frost deliver the news, they'd have Dr Mccoy or headmaster Summers do it and not the lady that might hate you. As you arrive at the door you briefly wonder if your supposed to knock when 'theres no need to knock i know your there. So come in already.' you allowed yourself a nasty thought before you attempted to clear your head and enter the office.

"You are aware that I heard that correct?" she asked with a bored expression on her face as she motioned for you to sit. She knew the answer and yet you didn't understand why she asked. She let out a breath from her nostrils "I do it so that you don't feel as though i am going through your head without your consent." you briefly ponder the hypocrisy of that statement as you sit when she gives a slightly amused smile. It was a practiced smile, in other words fake.

"Sooo…I know you didn't just tell me to come here for no reason." you said trailing off as she raised her hand in a motion for you to stop.

"There will be none of that. I can appreciate the amount of stress that you have been experiencing for the past few months. And I can understand that what you believe to be amusing sarcasm and riveting retorts help you cope with the unfortunate possibility that you are stuck here forever. But i will not be putting up with your misplaced anger and projection any longer. I Relate with your situation which is why I have allowed it to go on for as long as it has but now you need to stop and show me the proper respect." she said sternly as she gave you a piercing gaze. The way she said it was stern but the words were not without warmth, but when she said relate you saw red.

"RELATE?! HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY RELATE!" You scream at her as you stood up knocking down the chair you were in behind you. "I have lost everything, and everyone that i have ever cared about! Everything i've ever known is gone! And I might never get it back!" you yell vaguely aware of the tears in your eyes and the snot in your nose. "And the only person who i can say ever loved me unconditionally probably thinks i abandoned her like my father! SO HOW?! IN THE HELL?! CAN YOU RELATE?!" You finished as you noticed the oddest of things, you weren't huffing, not even slightly out of breath. It shouldn't bother you…but it does.

The entire time you were screaming at her Emma frost had remained stone faced as if carved from marble, but now…now she looked furious "a few months before your arrival there was an island. It was inhabited solely by mutants, and was thought to be a safe haven." she said her voice strained to stay composed "Then a murderous bitch by the name of Cassandra Nova blew it to hell." her composure slipped for the briefest of moments and you saw an equal unbridled rage and sadness hidden behind it all. Like a rubberband her composure snapped back into place "At the time I was teaching a class on telepathy to my students–which i cared for dearly–when a wild sentinel appeared and opened fire on the entire island killing nearly all the population and turning me into one of the lone survivors of the genosha massacre." she gave me a moment to take it in, she gave me longer than i probably would have given her.

"So yes Mr. Rankin I can relate to losing everything and everyone you care about with no hope of ever getting it back." she said giving me a calm expression "this is the reason why i fought to be your advisor." she said giving you a polite smile.

"Wait advisor? Like a councilor thing?" you ask your throat feeling dry from the yelling but has essentially returned to normal. Your not sure what to think…if she really did go through something like that and lost all those people…should you give her a chance?

She gives a slight laugh "no not a councilor, this will be revealed to the wider school in a few days but we will be beginning a new training squad curriculum in order for students to receive training with their powers. I will be the faculty advisor for one of these squads, and oversee your training." she said as she reached into her desk and opened up a drawer. "Scott wanted you on his team, but i felt it wouldn't be in his nor your best interest given his past with your counterpart." she pulled out a weird red looking visor in the shape of a letter "M". "This belonged to Calvin Rankin, the Mimic. Scott believes he failed him, and he would try to set that right with you. I am not going to force you to be on my squad however, If you wish to change advisors i would be more than willing to help you." she said as she handed you the visor "i believe that our similar experiences would make me an excellent teacher for you, as well as the fact that i can teach you how to keep that temper in check." she says with a quirk in her eyebrow. "so what will it be? Stay with me as your advisor or switch?"

[][advisor] stay with Miss Frost. Maybe she can relate to you?
[][advisor] Change your advisor to...
-[][Change] Cyclops
-[][Change] Wolfsbane
-[][Change] Mirage
-[][Change] Gambit
-[][Change] Rouge
-[][Change] Northstar
-[][Change] Shadowcat

After your meeting with headmistress frost you found yourself with nothing to do and no one to talk to, and while you could go back to your room and do nothing your at least attempting to be somewhat social while you're here. Wandering around the school however eventually found you in a room with a TV which was by your standards a lucky break. Jumping over the back of the seat of said couch you found yourself watching…something that you wanted to say was a ripoff of Terry the mummy minder. "...what exactly are we watching?" you ask the trio of blond girls on the other end of the couch.

"""Cindy the demon butcher""" they all replied in unison as they continued to watch the show, not even sparing you a sidelong glance.

"...you're not gonna give some context for that? Or even a reason for me to not be freaked out by the twin speak?" you ask rhetorically…but if its what you think it is…

'''We're telepaths''' sang out in your mind as a thought rang out in your mind…it had to be telepaths. "So is there anything on thats a little less teen dramay? Maybe like some kind of superhero interview show? Or like some action movies?" you ask hoping to convince them.

"You should of come here earlier. We have the remote so we decided what everyone watches." the one farthest from you said waving the remote over her head tauntingly.

"Aw man I knew they'd be here." a gravelly voice said from the door, and you do mean gravelly because as you looked to see who said that you found a walking mound of rocks. He walked in along with a beautiful red haired girl with silver metal like skin, and a plain if handsome looking black haired boy you had seen around the school.

"Don't worry about it, Santo all i need to do is some sweet talking and they'll hand us the remote." he said with a self assured smile. Your not sure what this guys deal is but your sure he's an ass.

"Aw dammit there are already people here!" came another voice entering from a different doorway however this one came from higher up. It was ED floating in with some asian girl following behind him.

"No shit people got here before us you were stuffing your face with desert!" she said as she hurried to grab one of the only open seats on the couch.

You took a moment to wonder if this is what it would always be like, fighting for a remote that you would never get. Maybe if you were lucky everyone would tear eachother apart trying to get the remote and you could grab it and watch what you want in the confusion. "Thats not a bad idea." you heard one of the triplets say as a remote landed on your lap. '…what…' you quickly look over to them to see two out of the three smiling and the last one ambivalent to the situation.

"Hey man come on, change the channel! There's a basketball game on!" came the guy made of rocks.

"Hey no! If you're changing the channel go to HBO! They're having a horror movie palooza!" the flying boy interjected.

"No! Keep it here, I want to watch this!" The redheaded girl yelled.

And very quickly and succinctly everything devolved into chaos as everyone began to argue the merits of a channel change when you felt the remote try to tug out of your grasp. "What the hell?" you asked as you saw a green glow emanating from the black haired guy.

"Okay no!" you say wrestling control of the remote from the green force "How about instead of everyone arguing and trying to win the remote everyone loses!" you said as you flipped through several channels until you landed on the one you were looking for. "How about the news!" you say before your defend by the TV

"We have found a mutant cure!" a Indian woman on the TV said. You could hear a pin drop in the room before everything devolved into screaming once again but this time focused on the cure and the distrust of it.

…huh…everyone did loose

[][Everyone loses] if you got the news on this TV than other TVs in the mansion must have too. Check on the other TV rooms.
[][Everyone loses] try and calm down everyone in the room with you.
[][Everyone loses] go back to your room and avoid the drama
[][Everyone loses] Write in...

[][Discard] discard a power... (select up to five)
-[][Icarus] winged flight, peak human condition, vocal manipulation

[][Copy] Copy a power... (select up to five)
-[][Cyclops] optic blasts
-[][Emma Frost] telepathy, organic diamond form
-[][Beast] superintelligence, super strength, super senses, feline body
-[][Iceman] Cryokinesis
-[][Magma] pyrokinesis
-[][Wolfsbane] wolf transformation
-[][Mirage] psychic projections
-[][Gambit] kinetic energy control
-[][Rouge] power copying
-[][Northstar] superspeed, flight, light projection
-[][Shadowcat] phasing
-[][Write in (must be at institute)]

A/N: okay I'm thinking this is almost the end of act 1 the introductory stage, which is why i added the discard and copy section at the bottom so that y'all can decide what powers Calvin will have going forward! This chapter also did a lot to establish calvin's current headspace as to how hes feeling about being in this new dimension. Learning about powers won the coin toss, also tell me if yall want calvin to have a romance? Because it occurs to me the X academy roster has a lot of potential for good romance. If the answer winds up yes (all choices will play a part into who calvin winds up dating…or harem because they make jokes about the actual harems in the actual canonical comics.)

Last edited:
[X][unpacking] you take jay up on his offer to help you unpack so you can relax.

[X][Instincts] start copying powers to...
-[X][powers to] Attack the giant hand

[X][advisor] Change your advisor to...
-[X][Change] Wolfsbane

So, not going with Frost. That's my choice, if QM only had plans for Scott and Emma I can go with Emma, but, if I can not choose Emma as mentor/councilor....

[X][Everyone loses] try and calm down everyone in the room with you.

[X][Discard] discard a power... (select up to five)
-[X][Icarus] winged flight, peak human condition

[X][Copy] Copy a power... (select up to five)
-[X][Beast] superintelligence, super senses
-[X][Northstar] flight, light projection

Yeah, sure, romance, or harem.

Last edited:
[x][unpacking] You can manage on your own its not a lot of stuff then you can relax.

-[x][powers to] Defend the other students

-[X][Change] Cyclops

-[X] [Cyclops] optic blasts
-[X] [Iceman] Cryokinesis

Romance, or harem either or is fine with me.

Got any ideas on how to resolve a tie QM?

Chapter 4 Cat science New
[X][unpacking] You can manage on your own it's not a lot of stuff then you can relax.

-[X][powers to] Defend the other students

-[X][Change] Rouge

[X][Discard] discard a power... (select up to five)
-[X][Icarus] winged flight, peak human condition, vocal manipulation

-[X][Emma Frost] telepathy, Organic diamond form
-[X][Beast] superintelligence, super strength, super senses, feline body
-[X][Northstar] superspeed, flight, light projection
-[X][Iceman] Cryokinesis
-[X][Magma] pyrokinesis, Geokinesis

[New Residual Unlocked] [Icarus Residual] you have maintained the vocal manipulation of your roommate Icarus! This allows you to manipulate your vocal cords to mimic any sound or voice you've heard.

"Nah man I can handle this on my own." you tell him as you dump out the cloths that the institute had provided you with, as well as some other stuff that you had bought with the allowance that the institute gave you. Unpacking was really uneventful as you managed to get your meager possessions into the provided dresser.

For a brief moment the thought of going out to see the town crossed your mind, visit the grindstone to pick up some coffee, pick up some books, but you decided against it as the thought of resting in a bed that wasn't in a room with forty other people was too tempting to abandon.

Momentary panic pervaded the air of the room as the instinct to start copying powers came to you. Trusting in your instincts you didn't select the powers and allowed your mimicking abilities to run wild and choose for you. In an instant you were covered in blue fur, lasers were coming from your eyes, you felt your body burst into flames, armor was forming around you-

When it all suddenly came to a stop. The giant purple hand disappeared into nothingness. The few attacks that were let off by the student body impacted the ceiling causing no damage. And headmistress frost was looking like the cat who had eaten the canary.

"So. What have we learned?" she asked rhetorically to the auditorium full of students. "We have learned the first lesson. They will always hate us. We will never live in a world of peace. Which is why control and non-violence are essential. We must prove ourselves a peaceful people. We must give the ordinary humans respect. compliance, and understanding. And we must never mistake that for trust."

'There is something severely broken in that woman' was the thought that entered your mind as you saw the terror stricken faces of your fellow students began to soften into an uncomfortable resignation.

You gave yourself a moment "...look Miss frost…I appreciate that you're trying to make a connection or whatever you call it, but…I just don't think that me being on your squad would work." I told her "and it's not just that i don't like you, I mean I don't but it's not my only reason" you said as you handed back the visor that she had given me. "I just dont see what exactly you can teach me." you told her honestly

It had been a bit of a thing, you gained knowledge and skills from everyone that you copied. And since your arrival on this earth you had been holding onto aspects of the people you copied even after you discarded them so skills didn't seem to be something you couldn't just pick up from copying enough people. "And so why is it you say that?" Miss frost asked her gaze hard and inquisitive

"I can instantly copy all your powers, skills, even your memories. I could easily be just as good at this stuff as you are." I told her plainly "and i dont think that it'll help me to learn it from the source."

"Is that right?" she asked me giving me an appraising look with her cold blue eyes. "So then what do you think an adviser would need to be for them to be able to teach you something worth while?" she said sarcastically rolling her eyes "because based on the criteria that you have just given me you have summarily eliminated Syclops whos leadership talents you could copy, Doctor Mccoy whose vast stores of knowledge you can pirate, daniel moonstars' disqualified by sheer merit of having a lower threshold of skill overall." she said condescending "so what is it you believe that you need?"

You thought for a moment. 'Maybe it is unfair to not want to be taught by someone just because I can have all their skills in an instant. What would really help me is if i had a teacher who had my same powers, or atleast close enough.'

"Hmm well i suppose you do make a valid point there, I teach a class for psychics, scott teaches a class for ranged fighters, even logan teaches hand to hand. The school has simply never had enough power copiers to necessitate a class based around it." she said thoughtfully and then gave a silent huff. "Very well it'll be a headache to arrange but i know exactly the advisor you need. Your dismissed." she said as she shoed you out of her office.

You cant exactly quantify why but your getting an ominous feeling about this.

47 - 10 = 37

'Well this all went to hell in a handbag real quick.' you thought as the room had erupted into panic and anger most noticeably was the black haired boy who had walked in with the walking rockpile and metal girl.

"Who the hell do they think they are?!" he yelled as he snatched the remote from your hands with his green energy.

"Look everyone…let's just all calm down!" you yell over them to get their attention

"Calm down? Calm down? They're trying to eradicate us!" He yelled in my face. 'Ladies? I know yall can read my mind, mind helping out?' I sent to the triplets psychically. "It's just like Miss Frost said!" He said to the room presumably in an attempt to rile them up.

"Look whatever it is that they've cooked up in their labs, we won't do anything by panicking or getting angry! Right?" you said looking to some of the more level headed looking students, strangely enough all the girls 'go figure' you thought as you tried to get them to support you. You attempt to reach over to his shoulder only for him to knock your hand away with telekinetic force.

"Don't you fucking touch me! You think that this'll just blow over?! What happens when we've got swat teams running through the halls shooting us up with this 'Cure'? Or when the congressman has them lining us up to be neutered with that shit!" the black haired teen yelled in your face.

You can tell now that hard reasoning won't work for calming him "your right maybe they will start barging in here and shooting us up with that cure, but until then what are you gonna do be scared and pissed off about this? And what help will you be?" you say getting up close to him "or are you going to take a chill pill and be ready for when they come to take your powers?"

"""Calvin is right Julian.""" the three girls spoke in unison once more. """Panicking will do nothing for us. As well, the X-men have returned from their mission and are aware of the cure.""" she said though you took notice of her words 'aware does not mean that they have a plan, or even a clue what to do' you feel your stomach turn over.

While you are not overly fond of or even know some of the other students well, you are aware that losing their powers would be equivalent or worse to the pain of losing a limb for most of them. And that's a pain that you wouldn't wish on any of them if someone took your powers you know that you would hate it.

'All students please return to your dorms!' you heard a familiar voice broadcast into your head. For a moment you feel a wave of calm rush over you till you stamp it out, 'one of miss frosts tricks' you think to yourself as you force the calmness from your head. You look around and see the triplets as well as Julian do the same as a somewhat pissed off look emerges on their faces. 'Seriously that shit should be illegal.' You think making your way back to your dorm.

The next day was not much better in terms of mood, students were irritable, scared, and oddly enough some seemed happy. Classes were near enough impossible to focus on a single thing as gossip and worry traveled throughout the student body. Some students had even been pulled out of the school by their parents and taken to get dosed with the "cure".

You honestly couldn't quite understand the near absolute hate that humanity in this world held for mutants. Sure they could be dangerous on occasion (Xorn was just the most recent offender) but there were also superheroes! Quite a few of them are mutants. You just couldn't understand it.

"It's because your culture is different." It was one of the triplets from the night before. You hadn't been paying attention to where you were sitting so you're a little startled but it levels off in a second. "Your world doesn't have mutants or superheroes so its never had to deal with the fact that humanity will be replaced by mutants." she said not even looking up from the paper she was working on.

You doubted the teacher minded seeing as other students were also talking amongst themselves, maybe the winged man had resigned himself to the fact no one would be productive today. "Thats kind of an odd sentiment don't you think? Why cant everyone live together in peace and harmony." even as you said it you wished you could kill yourself for how dumb and naive the sentiment was. Peace and harmony wasn't even something on your earth with no superhumans, the thought crossed your mind that it wasn't possible, period.

"It's good that you understand how naive that was for you to say." she said finally looking up at you, her soft blue eyes piercing you "however i don't think it would do for you to abandon the sentiment completely. It might be good to have at least one optimistic person left in this school." her peace said she stood up and left with a smile.

'Wait…were you even in this class?' you try to project outward.

'No I was not, you have been talking to an empty seat.' you heard in your head accompanied by a psychic laugh. Psychics you thought to yourself shaking your head 'oh and headmistress frost has found you a new advisor. She said that doctor Mccoy would tell you when you go see him for some tests later.'

"Sooo…psychic conversation?" your winged teacher asked with a grin on his face and his arms crossed. "For future reference you should just think about your responses instead of saying them." he said as he let out a laugh "just don't let it happen again."

Huh…wait which of the triplets was that?

[][Triplet] well psychics apparently have a thing for messing with you, look for a way to stop them.
[][Triplet] find out which triplet that was
-[][which triplet] why was she messing with you?
-[][which triplet] why did she say that about optimism?
[][Triplet] thank the triplets for the help the other night

Classes eventually came to an end which you were particularly grateful for as it meant that you would finally get to the thing you had been waiting for; your testing session with Dr. Mccoy. Since the day the two of you had discussed it the blue doctor had been preparing a battery of tests, both physical and medical to help you understand the limits and nature of your power. Getting to the lab that was prepared wasn't as hard as one would have thought as Dr. Mccoy had chosen one of the few above ground labs for your tests. Once you entered you found a high tech chrome room filled with various machines and chemicals with the furred X-man in the center clearly having been waiting for you.

"So what do we start with?" you ask with obvious excitement in your voice. Sure you had used you powers before, as well as been examined by the X-men before but those weren't in an effort to test your limits or even to really experiment and just to make sure you weren't a danger to the other students.

"Well I'd say one of the best places to start would be the beginning! And that means my dear boy that I need to take a sample of your blood." he said with his cat-like face making a smile as he held up a needle and a microscope slide.

'Oh it's gonna be some of those tests…oh well.' I thought as I offered him my hand. One simple prick later me and the good doctor were looking over my blood with a microscope though I couldn't understand a lick of it. "Umm do you mind if I?" you said, making a motion indicating you wanted to copy him.

"Why of course my boy, two heads are better than one!" he said, giving you his blessing. As you opened up your power to copy him you felt your body begin to be covered in blue fur, your nails turned to claws, and your body became overall feline. "Hmm i'd say you strike quite the handsome figure if i can pat myself on the back." he said half heartedly as he observed your transformation though it seemed forced.

You barely registered what he said as the changes to your mind took your attention, by no means were you dumb but now your mind was expanded beyond what you were once capable of as concepts and principles of science became completely grasped by your brain. As you looked at your blood on the slide you understood that Dr. Mccoy was looking through your genes to find what it was that gave you your powers. "Whoa…yeah I'm smarter now." you say looking at the slide when something on it caught your eye. "Doctor Mccoy look there!" you point towards a sequence that looks to be shifting.

"Yes I see it calvin!" he said excitement seeping into his voice as you two watched a grove of your DNA undergo a change, one that looked distinctly familiar to both your memories. Your Gene had become a mirror to some of Dr. Mccoy's own. Quickly he zoomed out to see more of your genome, to which you discovered.

"I have an X-gene?" you asked in a bit of confusion and shock

It was a moment of silence that you didn't know you needed, you had been told by the professors that Cerebra hadn't registered you as a mutant and that your powers, whatever they were, were not the result of mutation. This however casts that analysis into doubt, and casts your trust in their competence into question if only a little bit.

"Yes…apparently you do." Dr. Mccoy said as he looked closer. "But look closer, your X-gene is for all intents and purposes dormant." he said in confusion "you explained to us that your father had experimented on you, do you know what it is he did exactly?" he asked.

You don't often think back to your father often and most of the time you put an effort in not to think of the experiments he used to conduct on you "I don't know exactly what it is that he did to me…" you said honestly "but he would say that what he was doing would make me better than the rest." The memory was quite honestly haunting in your thoughts as you remembered being exposed to chemicals and injections for quite a bit of your childhood.

"Well…if i had to hazard a guess, I would say whatever your father did to you made it so that your genes were highly adaptive and your X-gene capable of complete replication of powered abilities." he said rubbing the ridge of his nose in exasperation.

"Eghem!" you heard the clearing of a throat and turned to look at the culprit. It was the woman with brown and white hair that you had seen in the hallways, one of the X-men; Rogue. "Do you fuzzballs want me to come back later?" she asked with a saturn drawl in her voice and an inquisitive quirk of her eyebrow.

"No no my dear you're quite alright, now that you're here we can get to the more relevant testing." Dr. Mccoy says as he puts his glasses away. "Calvin i don't believe you have yet had the pleasure of meeting the X-men's fine southern bell; Rogue. She much like you copies the powers, knowledge, and abilities of others. I figured who better to help you explore more of your abilities than someone who also shares them?" he said happily "as well as that, headmistress frost said that you were looking for an advisor that could teach you how to make the most of your power, and after some discussion amongst the faculty we decided that Rogue would be the best fit."

"Hi sugah how you doin?" she said, offering you a gloved hand. You reached to grasp her hand when you remembered that you were quite furry and had claws, in a moment you had receded the physical mutation and gave her a handshake. "Aww you didn't have to lose the fur just for me." she said with a smile. "So tell me what do you know about your power already?" She asked straight to the point after a moment to take you in.

"Well i know that i've got a limit to like five copies at a time." you said holding up as many fingers "and i know what i copy isn't at full strength, and that sometimes i keep powers but other times i lose them when someone leaves my range." you explained "oh, and if i don't want a power to change me physically i can turn it off!"

"Hmm…okay let's start with your range." she said, pulling up one of the many chairs in the room. "Who's the farthest person you can copy?" she asked expectantly. In a moment you were feeling at your range till a power and memories slotted into place.

"Northstar, he's teaching an elective class right now about flight and maneuverability." you told her, waiting for her response.

"Okay start copying people till you're at your limit, try and pick two powers that are opposites but other than that you have free reign." she said as she waited.

For a moment you contemplated, you knew she wasn't just asking you to do this for no good reason and that she was probably trying to figure out what your limits are the old fashioned way. That being said, you complied. The other people you had chosen to copy were Miss Frost, mr. Drake, and one of the visiting X-men; a woman who could supposedly control volcanoes.

Your reasons for the volcano lady and mr. Drake were simple, fire and ice were as opposite as you could get, plus controlling volcanoes sounded cool. But your reasoning for copying miss frost was a bit more thought out, to put it simply you were done being blindsided by these telepaths. And miss frost not only was a powerful and skilled one, but had a power that completely blocked other psychics out. You had decided to keep Dr. Mccoy and Northstar copied as their powers seemed to round things out nicely from your point of view.

"Okay i've copied everyone that i want to." you say to her as she looks at you with a thoughtful glint in her eye.

"Okay…now time to play a hunch." she said as she stood up. "Whenever you wind up keeping someone's powers, is it after you've been copying them for a while?" she asked as if the answer was a foregone conclusion.

"Umm yeah actually, i kept Jay's powers after we were in the same room for a while." you said as you came to a slight realization, whenever you've been copying someone it's usually been for only a few minutes except for when you were copying jay the first powers that you ever kept came from him.

"Ah see that you're starting to put it together." Rogue said with a smile after looking at the expression on your face. "Okay keep copying who you're copying, don't let go of the powers for at least an hour." she said to you as she looked to Dr. Mccoy to start a timer. "Then you'll stop actively copying them and we'll see if their powers stick."

And so you did and when the hour mark came you stopped actively copying them, only to find that you had retained their powers. After Rogue had confirmed that you had kept Dr. Mccoy's powers she looked to him for confirmation on something.

"Hey Hank, you feeling woozy or weak?" rogue asked as she looked him over.
"No my dear it appears that our young Mr. Rankin does not sap energy as you do, merely mimicking." he said with a nod.

"Alright then kid now that we've got that done with. Now we get to the fun part." she said cracking her knuckles as she did

[][Rogue] "I need an adult"
[][Rogue] "did you have a goth phase in highschool?"
[][Rogue] run away screaming

You found yourself once more in the common room of the mansion where you found yourself wondering what you are going to do. Though you didn't really need to worry too much about that as you saw a few familiar faces waiting in the room. One such was Alani who was reading through what appeared to be the same book she had on the bus.

A little ways away from her you also saw the girl who has no eyes, though she's now wearing a strip of cloth over where they should be, you did say that you would maybe hang out with her.

And finally of the few people which you actually knew well enough to actually have a conversation with in this school was Jay. sitting and strumming his guitar like some kind of feathered teen heart throb.

[][hang out] spend some time with Alani the two of you had such a nice talk on the bus.
[][hang out] no eyes girl got herself some eyewear, maybe you could hang out with her and get more used to telepaths.
[][hang out] Jay's a nice guy you should build your friendship with your roommate more.
[][hang out] nah you're not gonna hang out with anyone, go looking for something to do, maybe you'll find trouble [roll below a 20 and the trouble will be severe]

[][Discard] discard a power... (select up to five)
-[][Emma Frost] telepathy, Organic diamond form
-[][Beast] superintelligence, super strength, super senses, feline body
-[][Northstar] superspeed, flight, light projection
-[][Iceman] Cryokinesis
-[][Magma] pyrokinesis, geokinesis

[][Copy] Copy a power... (select up to five)
-[][Cyclops] optic blasts
-[][Wolverine] bone claws, healing factor, super senses
-[][Rogue] power copying, flight, superstrength
-[][Shadow cat] phasing
-[][Wolfsbane] wolf transformation
-[][Mirage] psychic projections
-[][Gambit] kinetic energy control
-[][Icarus] winged flight, peak human condition, vocal manipulation
-[][Armor] Psychionic exoskeletal armor, concussive blasts, superstrength, Invulnerability
-[][wing] flight
-[][Mercury] Liquid metal body
-[][Hellion] Advanced telekinesis, low level telepathy
-[][Rockslide] body made of rocks
-[][Cuckoos] telepathy, telepathic hive mind, telekinesis
-[][DJ] Music based power manifestation
-[][Elixir] Biokinetic
-[][Surge] electricity absorption, electricity manipulation, superspeed
-[][wind dancer] wind manipulation
-[][wallflower] Pheromone control
-[][Write in (must be at institute)]

[][Flashback chapter?] should there ba a chapter about how Calvin came to 616?
-[][Yes]
-[][No]

A/N: And we are back! Like i said its gonna be a few chapters on then like a week off or something. Just you know to make sure that i don't suffer from burnout on this. Okay so major things in this chapter! Rogue is now Calvin's advisor! Calvin does have an X-gene but its inactive because of something his father's experiments did. Also way worse social roll than i thought would happen this early on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back