• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Castle Quest (Zelda, illustrated)

well, in the grand tradition of this kind of thing

[X]Retrieve your arms from disguise chest.

[X]Retrieve your armaments from disguise chest.

[X] Wait… That's not your chest.
-[X] Stab the Mimic!

[X]Retrieve your armaments from disguise chest.

I suppose they're in there because they are also disguised.

[X] Wait… That's not your chest.
-[X] Stab the Mimic!
--[X] You might need to retrieve your weapons from inside of it first... good luck!

z5SwTc2.png

You proceed to the disguise chest, which really ought to be called a cabinet, and open the doors.

. . . There's not much in there, probably because you only recently discovered this room, and decided to bring the chest up empty. Bringing a massive chest up the trapdoor would have been pretty difficult if you had to worry about losing your dignity and your stuff every time you fell off.

That said, you do have your own inventory to consider.

Even without the nigh-limitless carrying capacity of a HAT, your trusty COAT provides you with several interior storage compartments and two whole external pockets for quick and easy access like so!

x1Cv7B6.png

You use your knife on the air, doing nothing.

Huh. So that's where that was.

5FlDxkx.png

Better drag that rug off of your trap door, in case you want to go downstairs.

1L9qdqm.png

You could go downstairs now, but are you sure you're done up here?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X]Peek through the keyhole in the vertical door.

[X] Look out the window. Get a grasp of the chaos below.

[X] Look out the window. Get a grasp of the chaos below.

[X] Peek through the keyhole in the vertical door.

[X] Peek through the keyhole in the vertical door.

cxRQPQs.png

You go to the door and inspect the lock.

Aw6ARVT.png

There's a keyhole just barely big enough to look through. You wonder what you can see through it. Visions of princesses, jewels, magical weapons, and far more exotic things wander through your head.

Or maybe it's a bathroom.

niNFoJL.png

Not a bathroom, which is a huge plus in your book, but unfortunately it's not scads of money either. Well, maybe there's money, but you can't see any of it.

What you can see are guards, and a lot of them. They seem to be listening to someone, but you can't hear who it is.

====>

[X] Go into the next room and listen to what the guards are being told. Try to get a grasp on the castle's predicament.

[X] Spy powers go! Eavesdrop through the wall.

owDjY6E.png

Yep, that's a trapdoor all right. It's got hinges and a handle to pull up on it with and everything. The only thing missing is one of those magic locks that can only be unlocked by special keys. Man, you wish you had one of those things guarding the door to this room. It would be so cool.

You can open it if you want to. You only had the carpet hiding it because it's such an obvious trap door. It's a bit of an eye sore, actually.

LXiMnMd.png

Looking at the carpet, you shake your head.

Nope. Way to big to fit into your pockets. You're pretty sure that a tailor could turn that thing into a brand new coat, but you're not a tailor- never even pretended to be one.

lwb7YWd.png

It only takes one good shake of the doorknob to realize that this door has one of those fancy magic locks. Wow, you're actually pretty happy about that, because the odds of anybody actually having a magic key are pretty slim, so you only have one entrance to guard when the castle inevitably falls to the invading army of darkness. Assuming, of course, that you can't escape.

Anyway, there's no way you're getting this door open without a key.

====>

[X]Open Trapdoor. Proceed to go do down the ladder into the next room. Take inventory of the room.

I'm not letting this homestruck :p

[X] Take a look out of the window, try to take stock of the castle's exterior and general layout. You should also check to see if you can see the approaching dark forces.
[X] Knock on the door to attract some attention. See if the guards on the other side can let you through. If not the just-
[X] Open Trapdoor. Proceed to go down the ladder into the next room. Take inventory of the room.

[X]Open Trapdoor. Proceed to go do down the ladder into the next room. Take inventory of the room.

====> Open Trapdoor, inspect what lies beyond.

haDXhKz.png

You open the trapdoor and look down, not seeing anything except the floor.

vMAlMPZ.png

You move down the rickety ladder and into the room so that you can get a better look at it. That ladder's pretty unstable since it's only hooked onto the trapdoor, and the bottom isn't secured.

This room is smaller, and has two doors, a chest, and a cheap bed. You're in one of the servants' quarters.

====>

[X] Search the Cheap Bed for anything hidden in the blankets or underneath it, and confiscate anything even slightly useful
[X] Open the chest if possible and confiscate anything even slightly useful
[X] Peer through the keyholes of both doors if possible

[X] Search the Cheap Bed for anything hidden in the blankets or underneath it, and confiscate anything even slightly useful

====> Open Chest

28KJjDy.png

You open the chest and find a letter! It's in an envelope, but the seal has already been broken. You could probably read this, but it would be snooping. . .

gibbousmoons said:
You open the chest and find a letter! It's in an envelope, but the seal has already been broken. You could probably read this, but it would be snooping. . .

ARE YOU A SPY OR NOT?

[X] You're a spy. Snooping is your main occupation. Read the letter.

[X] You're a spy. Snooping is your main occupation. Read the letter.

Ejy1b65.png

Fb7kFyu.png

letter said:
My servant,

Greetings once again from your lord and master. My most potent sorceries have informed me of the upcoming tournament to be held in Hyrule's fields, outside the bounds of the castle. This is the oportunity that you are in place for. With most of the knights gone, you shall act as my hand and kidnap the princess! Bring her to me by the secret tunnel in the wine cellar, or I will have to shed my cloak of mystery and take this matter into my own hands.

The King of Thieves,
Ganondorf

Well, well, well. What do we have here?

====>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back