• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cavern Quest : The City That Never Sees The Sun

[X]Plan Bii.

What I want to know is how they are figuring out where and when to strike the caravans. Has no caravan ever captured a bandit?
We could do a honeytrap of a sort. Caravan with a bunch of disguised mages as something else, most of whom have items against being arrowed from ambush. Then they smash the raid and use magic to mind control the bandit leader into spilling everything. Then we go find the city and turn everyone in it into spell components. I'm sure there are all sorts of uses for humans, and I doubt that people living in such a hostile enviornment have much of a forgiveness thing. Being a bandit means that you and your family will die if caught. Period.

Robotninja said:
[X]Plan Bii.

What I want to know is how they are figuring out where and when to strike the caravans. Has no caravan ever captured a bandit?
We could do a honeytrap of a sort. Caravan with a bunch of disguised mages as something else, most of whom have items against being arrowed from ambush. Then they smash the raid and use magic to mind control the bandit leader into spilling everything. Then we go find the city and turn everyone in it into spell components. I'm sure there are all sorts of uses for humans, and I doubt that people living in such a hostile enviornment have much of a forgiveness thing. Being a bandit means that you and your family will die if caught. Period.

I dunno, dude. That sounds like the sort of thing the evil Empire might do.

I should note that it's quite likely the bandits have SPIES... ie a network of spies in the various cities to keep watch for caravan departures and shit.

nick012000 said:
I dunno, dude. That sounds like the sort of thing the evil Empire might do.
We are a bunch of people living in a highly unforgiving land. The Evil Empire exiles bandits down below. But when the world is so deadly, mercy rapidly becomes something only done in stories. They have proven they cannot be trusted, and the world is dangerous enough without a bunch of humans trying to plot revenge.

I'm gunna note that getting a reputation for turning people into ingredients may not be the best thing for the city either. And how do you tell the bandits in a bandit city apart from captives or people in the 'making beer so the bandits don't be mean to me' type industries?

And I'm not even sure that humans would make that good reagents anyway. They aren't all that magically potent on average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back