• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cooking Thread~ Recipes & Things

I have a stand mixer and a food processor, the only thing I don't have is an air fryer, nah I just don't have the time for a multi day recipe, since some of the ones I looked at were for little biscuits and some local snacks that took like 2/3 days to make, as long as it can be made in 1 day I'll take it, thanks for the bread recipe ! ( we do a similar one to this but we we use a spicy garlic paste instead of the Brazilian seasoning)
Most of my savory snacks don't use or work with an air fryer, but with a regular medium or deep frying. They also aren't multi day but some require a few hours as they often are yeasted dough/bread based.

Here is a simple fried snack, it is a fried dough snack similar to a type very common in Brazil. You don't even need exact measures for it and can adjust things. I will try and calc a small batch.

200g of flour

50 to 80g of water

Pinch of salt

half teaspoon of baking powder

Deep pot/pan for frying

Enough oil to get a least one third of the pot full

Salt, pepper, dry seasonings to taste

You mix the baking powder with the flour and pinch of salt, salt here can be replaced by ramen seasoning packs or other similar seasoning packs, mix and add water slowly. You want a dry, smooth dough that doesn't stick to your hands or counter. Once it is well kneaded and smooth let it rest for 30 min, cut into 4 portions, roll one portion at time thin, with the other portions covered by cling film to not dry out.

Once the dough is rolled thin, anywhere between 1mm to 3mm, cut into AAA battery length and width, fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain well and at this point you test the flavor and seasoning, if not seasoned enough now you season the snack to your liking, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, powdered herbs of your liking, or a mix of everything.

This recipe is very forgiving and can be altered a lot, you can replace some of the water for vodka to make them even crispier, you can add powdered chilies to the dough to make it spicy, you can essentially build upon it to make the snack that you like, including shape and size. In Brazil the leading brand of this kind of snack is called Torcida, it has over 10 flavors and is very popular of a snack for drinking. You can scale this up as much as needed, normally when I make it, I make enough for two or three snacking binges, it doesn't last more than 1 day before I am done, so I have no idea how long the snack lasts before it goes bad. BTW, most of my snacks are more labor intensive than time intensive.

Slow Cooker Chili - gadrial New
Happy july 4th, here is my preferred recipe for slow cooker chili
Slow Cooker Chili​
Ingredients
  • 2 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1large onion, chopped
  • 2 tbsp. tomato paste
  • 2 (15-oz.) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can beer (brown ale recommended)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 tsp. dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Shredded cheddar, for serving (optional)
  • Fritos, for serving (optional)
  • Thinly sliced green onions, for serving (optional)

Directions

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add beef and onion and cook until meat is browned all over, about 4 minutes. (It doesn't need to cook all the way through!) Drain fat, then stir in tomato paste.

In a large slow cooker, combine beef mixture, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, beer, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.

Cook on low for 6 and up to 8 hours. (The longer it's in the slow-cooker, the more flavor it gets.)
Taste for seasonings. Serve warm with cheese, Fritos, and green onions, if desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back