• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic

I failed.

My father is in the hospital fighting for his life and will probably die.

He's been there for more than a week now and I no longer know what to feel.
Remember that it's not your fault.

Your brain will try and tell you otherwise. You're probably already going over all of the things you could have done, you might have done. None of that matters. You did your best, because you cared, and what's happened is not your fault. There is still hope, scant as it may be. And even if the worst comes to pass remember that it wasn't your fault.

Remember that it's not your fault.

Your brain will try and tell you otherwise. You're probably already going over all of the things you could have done, you might have done. None of that matters. You did your best, because you cared, and what's happened is not your fault. There is still hope, scant as it may be. And even if the worst comes to pass remember that it wasn't your fault.
I know. It still feels like I failed. He had a bad UTI due to a catheter and tested negative three times while in there and then a couple of days ago he tested positive.

I'm pretty sure he caught it at the hospital

I failed.

My father is in the hospital fighting for his life and will probably die.

He's been there for more than a week now and I no longer know what to feel.

You have expressed and executed filial piety better than some people I know in that exact situation where your father is in .

You have done well and a better son compared to them.

So number of new cases in Finland is growing. I would like to say I am surprised but... the train I take to work is as full as before. How are we supposed to social distance in these conditions?

Last edited:
As of 7pm CST my father is yet another death caused by COVID-19
Ah man, that sucks. I'm so sorry.

The part that was... aggravating, was that he seemed to be improving right until he suddenly wasn't.
Sounds a bit like the lungs were starting to recover, but then the viral blood-clots and prolonged oxygen deprivation went on to wreck a bunch of other organs.

It's a cruel disease.

I'm so sorry.

The part that was... aggravating, was that he seemed to be improving right until he suddenly wasn't.
COVID does, unfortunately, do that. The disease has almost distinct stages, and whether you go on to the next (and more serious) one is almost a roll of the dice.

Fucking cytokine storms...

COVID does, unfortunately, do that. The disease has almost distinct stages, and whether you go on to the next (and more serious) one is almost a roll of the dice.

Fucking cytokine storms...
COVID-19 also causes really abnormal clotting as well as some research suggesting it causing changes in the permeability of blood vessel walls, triggering strokes and all sorts of organ damage from blood-clots flying around.

COVID-19 also causes really abnormal clotting as well as some research suggesting it causing changes in the permeability of blood vessel walls, triggering strokes and all sorts of organ damage from blood-clots flying around.
I've referenced that before. I haven't, however, seen evidence that the clotting phenomenon is related to the tendency of the illness to occur in almost-discrete stages.

I remember stages from NY/Italy, was a ?14? Day timeline with demarkations for recovery/worsening condition.

I remember seeing it when BoJo got covid some time ago, haven't seen it recently but I haven't been looking for it. He hadn't made a recovery by day 7 or so which didn't have good associations.

So I need to get properly tested so that I can safely interact with my brother and sister when they get here on Tuesday. My sister doesn't want to take the chance of bringing the covid to her kids since her youngest has impaired lungs. Which means a 2 and a half hour drive to get a test with a fast turnaround time. I'm gonna do the drive here in a few hours so I can get the test in the morning

EDIT: gotta give my brother in law props for this though, I'm here losing my damn mind and he reached out from Tampa to Dothan fuckin' Alabama to find a place that is actually reserving a test for me and will do the lab work on site with a 24 hour turnaround.

My brother in law gets shit done.

Last edited:
As of 7pm CST my father is yet another death caused by COVID-19
MadGreenSon for what its worth, I'm really sorry. Take time to grieve. I don't know what else to say that won't sound like the insensitive prick I am but take care of yourself and your family. And let the memories of your father be the reason to remind yourself how much there is still left to enjoy in life alongside your friends and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back