• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic

The degree to which the medical community has abandoned any semblance of preventative care is dumbfounding. There's evidence that multiple infections makes Covid worse, including more risk of long-term effects. We know for a fact that even without this kind of cumulative damage, Covid can cause neurological damage that fucks with patients for months, and physical damage that fucks with them for at least years. We know that people who already have heath conditions - the kind they visit doctors for - are more at risk. And yet, doctors refuse to mask unless asked, and many of them wont even do that. And even if they do, it's obvious they're not doing so among other patients.

I shouldn't have to ask a doctor who's treating me for diabetes - a known co-morbidity - to wear a fucking mask.

The degree to which the medical community has abandoned any semblance of preventative care is dumbfounding. There's evidence that multiple infections makes Covid worse, including more risk of long-term effects. We know for a fact that even without this kind of cumulative damage, Covid can cause neurological damage that fucks with patients for months, and physical damage that fucks with them for at least years. We know that people who already have heath conditions - the kind they visit doctors for - are more at risk. And yet, doctors refuse to mask unless asked, and many of them wont even do that. And even if they do, it's obvious they're not doing so among other patients.

I shouldn't have to ask a doctor who's treating me for diabetes - a known co-morbidity - to wear a fucking mask.
As a doctor, its fucking heart breaking. We have been told, literally, to accept that it is accept it is a permanent part of our lives (yeah no shit) but we got rid of the positive influences we had adopted from Asia, such as wearing masks. And I'm not even referring to the public here, though that would very much be appreciated, but rather the simple fact that doctors should wear masks and gloves at all times when around patients that you know or think are sick. This is one aspect of living in the West that I fucking hate

edit: Good luck with your diabetes treatment! We are getting more and more efficient at making what was once considered a pseudo-fatal condition to where its practically harmless (outside of other diseases or viruses like COVID unfortunately), I fully expect we'll find a full blown cure within the next few decades. I wish you luck friend!

but we got rid of the positive influences we had adopted from Asia, such as wearing masks. And I'm not even referring to the public here, though that would very much be appreciated, but rather the simple fact that doctors should wear masks and gloves at all times when around patients that you know or think are sick. This is one aspect of living in the West that I fucking hate

Waiters and cashiers still wear masks at some of the classier establishments in NYC.

It would feel insane if doctors were being less hygienic than the lunch lady.

Meanwhile, people here are proud they won't mask despite the giant cloud of smoke spreading across the northeast.
The whole mask refusal thing is stupid as shit. Most of the time the excuses make the person expressing them sound like a retard or a pussy. Especially the "can't breathe right in a mask" Like... c'mon. I've been a smoker for 34 years and don't have great lung capacity and masks never bothered me any.

Most people in Asia wear face masks because of the allergies from pollen.
To an extent; While this is true, it is also true that it is also expected that if you have an illness that you think could be contagious and go out in public, that you wear a mask. At least, that is what my mother taught me as a immigrant from Asia, from my travels there over the years.

To an extent; While this is true, it is also true that it is also expected that if you have an illness that you think could be contagious and go out in public, that you wear a mask. At least, that is what my mother taught me as a immigrant from Asia, from my travels there over the years.
Honestly i've started doing that as well, i got a bitch of a cold during finals and wore a mask the whole week.
The whole mask refusal thing is stupid as shit. Most of the time the excuses make the person expressing them sound like a retard or a pussy. Especially the "can't breathe right in a mask" Like... c'mon. I've been a smoker for 34 years and don't have great lung capacity and masks never bothered me any.
Same with my dad he smoked for years and never once complained about having to wear a mask.

f5EuCWx.jpeg

I forgot about this image, but was recently reminded of it.

415abc93-737d-45e9-abff-cce373b54f17_1140x641.jpg

There is some slightly higher breathing resistance in garbage-tier respirators, but then the easy answer to that problem is "don't buy shit-tier stuff".

And if that's still not good-enough? PAPR (powered respirators) are also a thing. Zero effort involved (just money, or some effort & money if you make it yourself).

For those with actual lung/respiratory deficiency/difficulty, governments should provide subsidies to help acquiring PAPR equipment but many don't.

This is super fucking misleading, not just because masks block droplets you exhale, but because there are masks that do protect against Covid. I've personally upgraded to N95s.

The non-valved ones happen to provide bidirectional protection.

Considering I got very sick from that damned plague, even when I'm 'recovered'--that is, breathing very, very, very, slightly better--I do wear a mask whenever I go out.

I doubt I can survive another infection of the same virulence.
It's worth noting that subsequent Covid infections are usually worse, and the more times you're infected the worse it gets. According to the source here, you've got three times the chance of getting hospitalized as the baseline, and twice the chance of dying or getting long Covid. Which can include increased risk of stroke, cognitive decline, depression and anxiety, as well as chronic pain and fatigue which can persist for years after you're infected, and may be due to brain damage. Oh, and maybe Alzheimer's. And possibly cancer.

But hey, at least it's over, right?
The CDC said:
Key Data Takeaways (as of 7/24/2023)
• COVID-19 indicators, including hospital admissions, emergency department visits, test positivity, and wastewater levels, are increasing nationally.
Oh.

It's worth noting that subsequent Covid infections are usually worse, and the more times you're infected the worse it gets. According to the source here, you've got three times the chance of getting hospitalized as the baseline, and twice the chance of dying or getting long Covid. Which can include increased risk of stroke, cognitive decline, depression and anxiety, as well as chronic pain and fatigue which can persist for years after you're infected, and may be due to brain damage. Oh, and maybe Alzheimer's. And possibly cancer.

But hey, at least it's over, right?

Oh.
Judging by the symptoms list for the nastiest COVID which I'm sure I endured--what with suffering loss of smell, taste, and a massive decrease in attention span during my illness--I am in all likelihood suffering Long COVID even after three years.

My focus? Shot down to hell.

My vitality? Shot down to hell.

My everything else? Shot down to hell, too.

If the rumors that establish that this damned pest was engineered are true? I honestly hope that Hell exists, and that it is run by Cenobites, just so all the fuckers involved in making it suffer for eternity.

Edit: added a clarification--the loss of senses was while sick during 2020. Waaaaay before the pest warnings were issued.

Last edited:
Judging by the symptoms list for the nastiest COVID which I'm sure I endured--what with suffering loss of smell, taste, and a massive decrease in attention span--I am in all likelihood suffering Long COVID even after three years.

I'm sorry, and I hope that, eventually, you do heal. And that the Nurglite cultists who are pretending they're so brave by refusing to take basic safety precautions get their heads out of their asses sooner rather than later.
If the rumors that establish that this damned pest was engineered are true? I honestly hope that Hell exists, and that it is run by Cenobites, just so all the fuckers involved in making it suffer for eternity.
From my understanding, it's plausible that the outbreak came from accidental exposure, but unlikely it was manufactured rather than being studied.

Judging by the symptoms list for the nastiest COVID which I'm sure I endured--what with suffering loss of smell, taste, and a massive decrease in attention span during my illness--I am in all likelihood suffering Long COVID even after three years.

Edit: added a clarification--the loss of senses was while sick during 2020. Waaaaay before the pest warnings were issued.

Same here. Got infected twice and there's something I could not put a finger about that tells me something's wrong.

Rule 8 - Politics
Reminder that it's almost time to figure out your Halloween decorations.

t954h7i.jpeg
To be fair, had I known that a plague was rampaging out during the time I was forced to do errands at the capital, I would have worn a mask and done everything I can to reduce the chance of getting infected on my end.

Fuck the Chinese Commie asshole rulers who hid their shitty results until it was too late.

To be fair, had I known that a plague was rampaging out during the time I was forced to do errands at the capital, I would have worn a mask and done everything I can to reduce the chance of getting infected on my end.

Fuck the Chinese Commie asshole rulers who hid their shitty results until it was too late.
Boy, that sure is a thing you said, huh. You said a lot of things today, and of them that is one. Maybe, in the future, you can consider not politicising the global pandemic quite so hard given that exact attitude is one of the things that made it so bad, hm?

Food for thought.

Boy, that sure is a thing you said, huh. You said a lot of things today, and of them that is one. Maybe, in the future, you can consider not politicising the global pandemic quite so hard given that exact attitude is one of the things that made it so bad, hm?

Food for thought.
Apologies for that, as it wasn't my intention to politize anything but state facts.

Still, what news reached my rock where I live under was that. It is also why my rant was focused on the rulers, not the population.

Edit: I will endeavor to avoid touching politics--as hard as it is nowadays due to their prevalence--so I do welcome any corrections should I stumble upon rule 8 on accident. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back