• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

I think you over-quoted me and underquoted other people.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm not trying to model the hydraficition bloodline. More....we know what a human body is supposed to be like and Suigetsu is in human form, so casting a genjutsu saying, "Hey, you're like a normal person now who cant shapeshift, this is what your brain is telling you, no you can't break it you sucker, have fun with that!"
Yeah, and to do that you'd have to know what the bloodline feels like in the first place. How do you take away sensations and instinctive cues you don't know how to find?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
You mean you want them to try to get their own summons, or literally steal a page out of Cheaters Prosper's book and do it to their opponents?
Their own summons. It'd be cool.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Mmm...if you're fishing for suggestions, maybe more along the lines of smiling and saying, "Seriously, I don't wanna talk about it, I hate being miserable and moody, and yes I am in fact pretty damn good at running from my problems, did it successfully right up until the end of my life and oh god damn it here I go again FUCK."

Alright, I let that idea get away from me there.
I changed the archive copy last night, a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
FurikoMaru said:
I think you over-quoted me and underquoted other people.

The multi-quote system here was never intuitive to me.

Yeah, and to do that you'd have to know what the bloodline feels like in the first place. How do you take away sensations and instinctive cues you don't know how to find?

Eh, I guess I was thinking more, "Impose these sensations and overwrite what's there," but point taken.

Nitpicking here but I always wondered why this wasn't a more standard practice....guess not everyone meets approval. But super-special and considering our group why wouldn't they want 'em, with all the potential they had. Why wouldn't everyone with the chakra capacity do this?

Maybe the whole, "Gotta hitch a ride back home somehow," but if we can use their chakra as a Reverse Summons for them, personally, that's not much of a limitation.

But I suppose we can go ahead with it, it's not like I have any better ideas and it might open up their moveset with some helpful add-ons. If this doesn't count for improving our rep and capacity to work with others....wait, no, our idea is still mostly how to make other people do our work for us.

I imagine Inoichi wiping away a tear. His little princess, already learning to delegate, make other people do work for her, and take the credit!

I changed the archive copy last night, a bit.

I'll take a look.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Actually, depending on the hydrification bloodline lightning may not do much to Suigetsu. Here's the thing, water does not conduct electricity very well. What conducts it are the metals inside the water. So if Suigetsu is 'pure' water, like the ionized stuff? He'll laugh at our stuff. Oh it'll hurt, but not like getting hit with a fireball hot enough to make him evaporate. And who knows what chakra-water does.
Going from the wiki, it's explicitly stated that canon!Suigetsu is weak to Lightning.
And Suigetsu is noted as saying it himself when Darui locked him down in liquid state [Naruto 463, page 8].
And before that against Killer B [Naruto 412, page 2].
So yeah, magic rules.

FurikoMaru said:
Their own summons?
Who amongst them has the chakra to handle a summoning contract?
And are they likely to be returned before the exam?

Admittedly, Chouji needs a summoning contract to expand his range somewhat more than Hinata.

uju32 said:
Going from the wiki, it's explicitly stated that canon!Suigetsu is weak to Lightning.
And Suigetsu is noted as saying it himself when Darui locked him down in liquid state [Naruto 463, page 8].
And before that against Killer B [Naruto 412, page 2].
So yeah, magic rules.

Gotcha.

uju32 said:
Their own summons?
Who amongst them has the chakra to handle a summoning contract?
And are they likely to be returned before the exam?

Admittedly, Chouji needs a summoning contract to expand his range somewhat more than Hinata.

Well, if they can get themselves returned via their summons by hook or crook, great. If not, maybe make a Reverse Summon scroll like what we just used in the exam? With their chakra put into it? Tell 'em they got 24 hours and then we're bringing them back.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Gotcha.
Well, if they can get themselves returned via their summons by hook or crook, great. If not, maybe make a Reverse Summon scroll like what we just used in the exam? With their chakra put into it? Tell 'em they got 24 hours and then we're bringing them back.
Hmm.
That should work, provided there are no family/parental or sensei objections; there shouldn't be, they're genin.
Still, how dangerous are these quests?
Because I have no idea.

uju32 said:
Hmm.
That should work, provided there are no family/parental or sensei objections; there shouldn't be, they're genin.
Because I have no idea.

Probably depends on the summons in question.

Does he have the Kunai Meat Bullet Tank? That seems like it'd get him better traction. Or just ninja wire, it'd be like snow tires!

And if we could ... borrow ... a pair of swords from Tenten to stick on the left and right sides he could carve people up with a near-miss much easier. It's grim, but against Hydrification-boy and Gaara it's totes non-lethal.
FurikoMaru said:
Hee! I like this one. I didn't even think of that.
And Akimichi expressly have large reserves of chakra. And Neji, at least, must have great reserves too, for the spinny ball of chakra-deflection. I think you're onto something with the summoning contract, Hymn.

And the Shika-chans might have deer summons, but I don't believe we ever see an Akimichi or Hyuuga with a family summon.

uju32 said:
Hmm.
Because I have no idea.
Chouji is basically made for hardship and shonen and GUTS! And Hinata-chan idolizes Lee-sempai for his GUTS!

Spirit quest is riiight up their alley.

Guile said:
Does he have the Kunai Meat Bullet Tank? That seems like it'd get him better traction. Or just ninja wire, it'd be like snow tires!

And if we could ... borrow ... a pair of swords from Tenten to stick on the left and right sides he could carve people up with a near-miss much easier. It's grim, but against Hydrification-boy and Gaara it's totes non-lethal.

While this would be pretty amusing, I can't help but imagine Dante!Gaara looking at Chouji and deciding to play wallball. Or work on his juggling.

And Akimichi expressly have large reserves of chakra. And Neji, at least, must have great reserves too, for the spinny ball of chakra-deflection. I think you're onto something with the summoning contract, Hymn.

I don't think Neji really needs any more help. But yeah. Chouji might be the best fit for this, cause he really has not got much going for him against people like Gaara and Suigetsu. At least Hinata isn't totally outclassed in speed.

And the Shika-chans might have deer summons, but I don't believe we ever see an Akimichi or Hyuuga with a family summon.

I had wondered about the Nara. I don't think Shika would volunteer for this anyway. Too much effort.

Chouji is basically made for hardship and shonen and GUTS! And Hinata-chan idolizes Lee-sempai for his GUTS!

You're not wrong on that count. Although would Lee want a summon? I guess it might be one of the few ninjutsu techniques that would work properly for him, but....

Well, I'll be entirely honest, Lee and Neji are already pretty beast. Summons just pushes them a bit further up the 'oh shit' ladder of badassery. Which would make us even more badass if we beat them, but we'd have to beat them. And how many people are gonna be willing to look at Lee and win by cheating like dickens?

Also, Lee is already mini-Gai, he may hold out for Gai's turtle contract. Wouldn't blame him for doing so. Although I guess he could be on multiple contracts and oh God if this becomes The Spam of the Summon Contracts this may get real ridiculous real fast.

Well, I guess people could refuse on grounds that being tied to a contract creates obligations alongside opportunities.

True that, leave Team Gai be. Focus on Chouji and Hinata.

I like Summon spam idea, even if Ino's cats are a little more suited to sneaky than fighty. It turns into a game of Magic: the Gathering.

Whose Summon animal will reign supreme?

Guile said:
Fair enough.
Chouji does need it more than Hinata, being significantly more limited here; the Hyuuga may well have some familial issues with summon affiliation.
If the Akimichi did, I'd expect Ino to know by now.
FurikoMaru said:
How much water can a storage scroll hold?
Enough to be combat effective?
Because I was thinking of dumping hundreds or thousands of liters of water as a means to nerf Gaara's sand manipulation.
(totally not original; cribbed it from Silver Queen's Dreaming of Sunshine).

Guile said:
True that, leave Team Gai be. Focus on Chouji and Hinata.

I like Summon spam idea, even if Ino's cats are a little more suited to sneaky than fighty. It turns into a game of Magic: the Gathering.

Whose Summon animal will reign supreme?

Well, if we're fine with that kind of game changer. I guess it can work for us personally.

As for Ino, I really want us to get the Monkey contract too. Maybe when asked which is the best animal say, "I'm of two minds on the subject. Cats and monkeys are both awesome!"

Actually, the whole "I'm of two minds" bit is a good catch phrase for us. :p

uju32 said:
How much water can a storage scroll hold?
Enough to be combat effective?
Enough that people with foresight who aren't as tough as Kisame or the Nidaime can occasionally make use of the crazier Suiton jutsu if they aren't right next to an ocean/lake.

Good thing to keep in mind once we start messing around with Ranton.

I'd actually be more worried showcasing Ranton in front of a bunch of foreign nin than pistolas, though.

FurikoMaru said:
Enough that people with foresight who aren't as tough as Kisame or the Nidaime can occasionally make use of the crazier Suiton jutsu if they aren't right next to an ocean/lake.
Okay then.
I guess we can expect water scrolls from Suigetsu. :/

On the bright side, anti-Gaara strategy ho!
Won't help against his speed or his other abilities, but the sand at least should be difficult to move if we drench it with water, stripping him of his most commonly used technique.
And if Ino figures out Ranton before their encounter, or any Water techniques.....
>:D

yeah, the summoning quest thing probably can't be done in a day.

not to mention theres always a test, and if you fail the test, you might die...

Regardless, if they DO choose to do this, then it should definitely be during the one month waiting period.

not right now, they would almost definitely miss their match

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait a second, something is wrong with our character sheet.

Why are Anko's hairpins not under our loot?! It's not like Anko-chan picked them up after they hit the floor, finders keepers~

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaait a second, something is wrong with our character sheet.

Why are Anko's hairpins not under our loot?! It's not like Anko-chan picked them up after they hit the floor, finders keepers~
"Ara? Wait a second, here, what kind of impression have you been giving these people of me, Furiko-chan?!" *plucks Anko's pin out of Furiko's hair*

Hey! That style takes a long time to arrange, you know! *tries fruitlessly to take the pin back*

"See? You shouldn't just accuse people of taking things without proof!"

Why are you wearing Fujiko's Chanel No. 5?

"I couldn't find my aftershave, shut up!" :mad:

So it looks like the votes are in favour of flashbangs for Hinata, but is there a consensus on what to do about Chouji?

Also, I'm thinking of adjusting my Z-slash requirements. Anyone can plug lyrics into Google to find the song, after all - maybe it should be the real references I make that you have to find.

FurikoMaru said:
So it looks like the votes are in favour of flashbangs for Hinata, but is there a consensus on what to do about Chouji?

Also, I'm thinking of adjusting my Z-slash requirements. Anyone can plug lyrics into Google to find the song, after all - maybe it should be the real references I make that you have to find.
I wanna suggest Chouji do the Summon challenge. It's irresponsible, sure, but... well, this is Ino.

The danger is that he's come back injured just in time for the prelims.

Edit: ... DO we have the means to summon him back? I'm not actually sure we do.

I'll go with Chouji doing the summon quest. It's literally his best chance here. And I guess for Hinata too, if it entertains the GM.

Also, I'm fine with adjusting the Z-Slash references, the song lyrics really are just too easy with how often you use them.

Lets get the big guy a summoning contract. Sadly we can`t act as his guide here but well he will trust us with summoning him back which helps with the somewhat rocky relationship of those two.

Is this really the time for them to be going on a summon quest?

FurikoMaru said:
Not a good time for a summons quest.
And this is a test of OUR judgement as well; you don't send an operative off on a sidequest of unknown duration and danger on the eve of an important mission.
He's gonna need to stick to tools for this exam.
And smoke bombs for Hinata.
FurikoMaru said:
*shrug*
As you think best.

I suppose we don't really need ALL our friends to pass the prelims.

Chuunin is ultimately a pretty unnecessary distinction.

[X] flashbangs for hinata, genjutsu practice for Choji.

sending him away on a summon quest isn't going to be helpful.

especially considering that it takes practice to actually learn to summon shit.

remember when naruto was stuck summoning tadpoles?

its not just a matter of chakra.

besides, summons are supposed to be a big deal, life-long allies. not something you pick up in a day for a cheap power boost.

I think you guys have your danger sense out of whack and are worrywarts.

I'm serious. Furiko outright said, "Ooh, I like this idea!" And this Quest is pretty much easy mode. When has Furiko ever gone, "I like this idea/this leads to fun times" and we were NOT satisfied by the conclusion, or were screwed over by what happens?

If you don't like the idea of them getting summon contracts, that's one thing, but the danger? Have you been paying attention to this Quest at all? This is pretty much Furiko dragging her heels and despondent that this is all we're doing, that's what I'm hearing right now.

Remember that talk about audacious ideas? Still applies. Take it to heart already people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back