• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Yare yare dawa. ^_^; So none of you highlight my posts? Ever?

FurikoMaru said:
Yare yare dawa. ^_^; So none of you highlight my posts? Ever?
Just highlighted the most recent updates, and there's nothing there. What post were you talking about?
EDIT: Ohhh. A non-story post. Thanks, uju32.

FurikoMaru said:
There's a reason she didn't activate it until you were cuffed in place.
Huh.
She's gonna need a major upgrade to those things then.
FurikoMaru said:
Don't raise your kids on Lupin stories. That's the moral to take away from this.
Wait, THAT's why Kiki kept picking up pretty boys?
Because tott-san unwittingly romanticized them in her impressionable youth?
:D :D :D
That's hilarious.
Tragic IRL, but here?
HILARIOUS.
FurikoMaru said:
Tenten, apparently. :))
*blinks*
Hokay.
Ino playboy reputation, go!
I have visions of Kiba suggesting that she leave some for the boys.

More likely, given his current characterization, he'll be thinking of ways to turn this to his advantage; to wit, use Ino as a wingman :p
FurikoMaru said:
These two questions are related to one another. Though I find it distressing how few of you bother to highlight text.
*goes back to check*
Hokay.
That explains the other girl's predilection for Earth jutsu.
Totally want to meet their sensei now though.

To be fair, I do highlight story posts. Only non-story posts go unchecked.

FurikoMaru said:
A staple of any Zenigata's diet; the ICPO doesn't cough up more than it has to for living expenses.
The ICPO and the Konoha Orphan Fund both, apparently.
FurikoMaru said:
I'm actually torn between wanting to write a Naruto/Lupin III crossover where Naruto becomes Goemon's apprentice and one where he gets dumped on Zenigata instead. Perhaps I shall blend the ideas.
Let us know if you decide to go ahead.
Oh yes: another reference
"Welcome to the big leagues, Zenigata-nee-chan," you say with a grin.
Battlestar Galactica, Season 1, Episode 10: Hand of God
Starbuck: I never wanted this kind of responsibility.
Adama: The Cylons never asked us what we wanted. Welcome to the big leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:
uju32 said:
Oh yes: another referenceBattlestar Galactica, Season 1, Episode 10: Hand of God
Starbuck: I never wanted this kind of responsibility.
Adama: The Cylons never asked us what we wanted. Welcome to the big leagues.
It'll be a cold day in hell before I quote Battlestar Galactica. XD The 'big leagues' and a welcome to them are a standard sports metaphor.

FurikoMaru said:
I haven't mentioned it yet, but Ino did bring it up at the intel-sharing session, off-screen.

That's the thing about taking the 'intel' and 'research' options; Ino knows stuff, but you won't unless you ask.

And sometimes even if you do ask I'll fuck around with you.

But not this time. It's totally Deidara.[color]

[X] Meet their sensei
- [z] propose to him

Sweet sweet explosive love!

Last edited:
FurikoMaru said:
It'll be a cold day in hell before I quote Battlestar Galactica. XD The 'big leagues' and a welcome to them are a standard sports metaphor.
Lol.
Oh god.
Their sensei thinks we're an artist.
This could be good, or very very bad.

It does suggest that Sound is not a likely Konoha front though; given the bad blood between both villages, only an active attempt to make things worse would have them hiring THAT person.
And you would have to worry about double and triple agents anyway.

Anyway, definitely want to see their sensei.
If we're looking to play in the major leagues, might as well start IDing the players.
I would prefer Menka's presence as well, but I'll take what I can get; at least get our sensor into close range.

As for potential matchups, I have no idea.
I'll wait for Hymn and Guile to weigh in.

Haku vs. Hinata would be interesting.

They even have the bunny thing in common. >:D

FurikoMaru said:
Of course. All great thieves are artists; the detective is the only critic. 8)
Heh.
I suspect both Sense of Aesthetics and Unique Perspective will come into play here.
So hell, let's go talk with the pyro.

[X] Meet their sensei. It'll just take a sec.
Let us meet the crazy explosion loving artist man.

We should debrief Lupin when we get a moment, have him tell Ino who Tenten is (he instantly knew she was his granddaughter just from the name, so did he see the flashback?)

then we should go meet her in private, introduce ourselves properly, and give her, her grandfather's pin.

it might not smooth things over, but she has far more right to it than we do, and this feels like one time when "yeah but we steal things" really isn't an adequate answer.

so yeah, this way she finds out about Lupin, but we don't do it in front of the whole world.

also, [X] why not? you can spare a moment or two

does this mean that he's not a missing nin? or atleast, that's he has a team of his own, so he's probably not S class (or at the very least that he's not with akatsuki)

._. You have no idea how much I wanted to ask, "So, who are the jounin-senseis of the teams?" Along with several other questions....

At this point maybe our information gathering should just go under free training, if IC we know more than OOC for narrative drama. Maybe.

I'm not TOO picky on the fights. I mean hell yes I want to know as much abut our opponents as possible. I also want to use Wind Meditation on Temari while she fights and see if we can steal her moves.

Hell, I want to steal as many moves from everyone as we can. I kind of regretted not doing that to Tenten and her armory earlier.

Well, at least with Lupin around we've got his skill in throwing knives? Sooner or later?

I suspect we'll be greeted with an explosion. If we are capable, it is probably not wise to disarm it if it is explosion tags. Unless we rearm it in haiku or some other clever form and fire it back.

Also, it took me a while to find the invisible text because when my comp/browser highlights invisible text, it stay invisible. Had to load each post to find it.

uju32 said:
Huh.
She's gonna need a major upgrade to those things then.
Well, not everybody is a double-jointed contortionist.

Hokay.
Ino playboy reputation, go!
Well, she has to uphold the honor of Konoha somehow.
More likely, given his current characterization, he'll be thinking of ways to turn this to his advantage; to wit, use Ino as a wingman :p*goes back to check*
Ino would be the BEST wingman.
iamnuff said:
then we should go meet her in private, introduce ourselves properly, and give her, her grandfather's pin.

it might not smooth things over, but she has far more right to it than we do, and this feels like one time when "yeah but we steal things" really isn't an adequate answer.
Or we could just wear the pin.

Conflicting signals, ho!

[X] Meet the sensei

I'll think about the matches and get back to you.
The contestants are our team, Hina-Shika-Cho, Lee and Neji, Sound, Sand and Mist, right?

Later when we get time/when it's most appropriate story wise.

[X] iamnuff's Debrief plan / Meet and greet with Tenten (minus Lupin in our mind)

[X] Debrief Lupin and leave the Interpol Pin in Tenten's room when possible.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:

I suspect we'll be greeted with an explosion. If we are capable, it is probably not wise to disarm it if it is explosion tags. Unless we rearm it in haiku or some other clever form and fire it back.

he'd ever kill us for ruining his art, or try to adopt us.

Eh....I'm leery of letting Tenten know we're Ino. It appeals, yeah, but Furiko implied she didn't think we were ready for the consequences of Tenten connecting the dots on who we were.

We'll see how it goes.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Eh....I'm leery of letting Tenten know we're Ino. It appeals, yeah, but Furiko implied she didn't think we were ready for the consequences of Tenten connecting the dots on who we were.

We'll see how it goes.

True. Let's edit it somewhat. Say our Mom met Lupin and he told her stories about Interpol and being chased by 'Pops' Zenigata. In other words sidestep the in my mind thing and pretend we're aware of Zenigata and Interpol.

Yeah just stick to the pin and leave underestimating her alone. Edited.

Unclouded said:
True. Let's edit it somewhat. Say our Mom met Lupin and he told her stories about Interpol and being chased by 'Pops' Zenigata. In other words sidestep the in my mind thing and pretend we're aware of Zenigata and Interpol.

Too easily poked holes in by asking our Mom.

Seriously, let's wait and see. Planning ahead on unknowns is liable to bite us. We just got bite hard by underestimating Tenten thinking we know the lay of the land. We chose not to take a hard (frankly deserved) lesson in humility, gaps in our knowledge not withstanding, let's not avoid the moral of the story here.

And let's seriously not try to feed Zenigata's granddaughter a line of bull. If anyone's gonna see through it and relentlessly poke holes in our story until it all fits, it's gonna be her. She probably wouldn't even take us at our word.

FurikoMaru said:
I haven't mentioned it yet, but Ino did bring it up at the intel-sharing session, off-screen.

That's the thing about taking the 'intel' and 'research' options; Ino knows stuff, but you won't unless you ask.

And sometimes even if you do ask I'll fuck around with you.
I can see making us ask about things that might not be obvious points of interest for Ino, but for information for which the only options are ask the right question or act out of character I don't see the point in not just assuming that the question's been asked. We don't need to ask how any of our other actions turn out.
Unclouded said:
If we give her the pin, just skip the conversation entirely and leave the pin in her room. She didn't exactly make this revelation in private, so even if it makes her suspect us we have deniability.

If we just give her the pin without telling her what it is, then she's not going to know how important it is.

there's no reason not to tell her.

what's she going to do? blow up on us?

Furiko said she's been planning the conversation for a long time. She warned us of consequences should Tenten connect the dots that we aren't ready for.

So let's keep our grubby paws off the damn thing, wait, and see what she hands us. Is this really so hard to understand? Be patient.

Also, does our Eternal Rival not warrant a mention on our character sheet? Not quite an ally, maybe, I guess like Neji, but if even Gaara's on there....well, hopefully she finds her way in some section soon.

Hang on, wait a second, time out.

So all those Lupin stories gave Kiki and Tenten a secret attraction to people of the Lupin type. Does that mean that the Zenigata form of teenage rebellion is Dating Catwoman?

*looks at Ino*

Whelp. Doesn't get much more on the money than that.

QUESTION
Who's the jounin for Gaara?
And Team Medic?
Is there anyone on Team Sound named Karin?
What's Deidara's Bingo Book entry look like?
The current listings look like this, I think

TEAM GAI
Rock Lee []
Hyuuga Neji []
Zenigata Tenten [2]

TEAM ASUMA
Yamanaka Ino [2] Winner
Kuwabara Ami []
Inuzuka Kiba []

TEAM KURENAI
Nara Shikamaru []
Akimichi Chouji [1] Winner
Hyuuga Hinata []

TEAM MEDIC
Haruno Sakura []
Sayuri []
Sagiso [] Injured

TEAM SAND
Sabaku no Gaara []
Sabaku no Kankuro []
Sabaku no Temari []

TEAM MIST
Hozuki Suigetsu []
Kaguya Taketori [1]
Yuki Haku []

TEAM SOUND
Chibi-kun []
Bomber-chan []
Boy/Karin []

TEAM UNKNOWN
1 []
2 []
3 []
======================================
Sagiso is injured, so someone gets a bye.
AND yes, I suspect the Sound "boy" is a girl; Karin was certainly flat enough in canon.
Question is, is Shikamaru motivated enough to put in an effort? Even if only to avoid repeating the exam?

I think Hinata v. Lee would be neat. Show him your moves, girl!

Haku v. Team Medic: can cleverness trump bloodline? Probably not.

Kiba v. Little Girl. WHATEVER happens, this would be fun.

Ami v. Suigetsu, Sword Arts Go!

Shika-chan v. Kankuro. Who will control the puppet, and thus the match?

Gaara v. Neji and Temari v. bomber-chan, Sand sweeps the board after a good match.

Karin gets a bye.

Edit: Nobody remembers Sakura! Or at least, I didn't.

uju32 said:
QUESTION
Who's the jounin for Gaara?
Baki.

uju32 said:
A doctor at the hospital who wants the A&DM Department issue resolved quickly and who has better things to do than come watch a bunch of genin slapfight each other.

uju32 said:
Is there anyone on Team Sound named Karin?
No.

uju32 said:
What's Deidara's Bingo Book entry look like?
Turn-ons include blowing shit up and debating aesthetics. Turn-offs include things/people that just won't blow up and damn amateurs who don't understand that shinobi are supposed to be artists above all. Long-range fighter, only been in the Bingo Book a short while, noted for the speed at which he can level a small town and the sheer glee he expresses at doing so.

Sounds like Deidara and Ino will be getting on (in)famously. I can all too easily see Ino going, "If you can't do it in style, why did ya try at all?" Competence and getting the job done is for the hacks who aren't skilled enough to put on a dazzling show.

And Guile, save some match-ups for the finals man! This is just the prelims and you're proposing a line-up that's probably gonna knock out two thirds of our team!

Guile said:
I think Hinata v. Lee would be neat. Show him your moves, girl!
Haku v. Team Medic: can cleverness trump bloodline? Probably not.
Kiba v. Little Girl. WHATEVER happens, this would be fun.
Ami v. Suigetsu, Sword Arts Go!
Shika-chan v. Kankuro. Who will control the puppet, and thus the match?
Gaara v. Neji and Temari v. bomber-chan, Sand sweeps the board after a good match.
Karin gets a bye.
Edit: Nobody remembers Sakura! Or at least, I didn't.
Hinata v Lee? Not feeling it.
Nor would I expect Ami to be paired against another swordsperson this early either.
Mirror matches first out the gate do little for me, and I have to admit a dislike for throwing Hinata in at the deepend every time.

Shika-chan v Kankuro is a possible.
Gaara v Neji? Why eliminate one of the two strongest candidates before the main show?
No real opinion on the rest.
@Furiko
On another note, I was reading some of the previous updates again.
Uchiha Hiraku totally stole his brother's eyes, didn't he?
That was why Chiaki's injuries were described as grievous, and why it was considered an offense worthy of kicking him off the contract by Tsumujikaze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back