• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Hymn, are you sure you want to use your Z-slash when Uju's already using his?

Guile said:
Edit: Hymn, what do you mean we WILL smash the blade?

I mean that if we set out to try and smash Suigetsu's sword, Furiko has pretty much confirmed it that we'll pull it off.

FurikoMaru said:
Ami's entire schtick is making mediocre swords better. Sure, Asuma's the better person for this kind of deal, since his Wind affinity makes his Hien more of a slicer-dicer to Ami's block-all-of-the-strikes, but if you use a Zantetsuken (for its canonical purpose for once), you can pull it off.

Torgamous said:
Hymn, are you sure you want to use your Z-slash when Uju's already using his?

He called in his when I had already called in mine early. Honestly I would expect it to only kick in if his plan wins, and with my vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
He called in his when I had already called in mine early. Honestly I would expect it to only kick in if his plan wins, and with my vice versa.
Sounds about right.

And given we're going to succeed no matter what we do (god bless Zantetsuken), I guess it doesn't matter.

Guile said:
Sounds about right.

And given we're going to succeed no matter what we do (god bless Zantetsuken), I guess it doesn't matter.

Not necessarily. We're only as good as the author decides we are. Stealing Asuma's cigs got us punked. If we'd tried Shintenshin on Ibiki even a Z-Slash wouldn't save us.

So we have limits. We just don't know where they are.

Well, it's that time of thread again. Hodge-podge, or do I wait?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Not necessarily. We're only as good as the author decides we are. Stealing Asuma's cigs got us punked. If we'd tried Shintenshin on Ibiki even a Z-Slash wouldn't save us.

So we have limits. We just don't know where they are.
Sorry to be so vague about that kind of thing. I just know I don't want you guys to be able to run roughshod over ostensibly competent adults. The Z-Slash didn't get you the cigarettes because Asuma had specifically set up the scenario you wanted to pull off; if you had gone for his wallet instead you'd have got away clean. A Z-Slash for Shintenshin on Ibiki would have gotten you a fun Bonus Level to the exam where he runs you through a brief simulation in his head and tries to see if T&I should be scouting you before the ANBU find out what kind of potential you have.

Dude! Gentlemen and lady(ies?)? Shall I Frankenstein or does someone want to build some consensus?

Not sure how you'd shove everything together when some seem mutually exclusive. I guess just go for what you think is awesome in everything we've discussed and go for most entertaining and hopefully effective? Cause I guess me or uju is paying a Z-Slash.

[X] And as it fell, you rose to claim it

With a cry, you heave sideways at the sword's hilt with the back of your blade, driving it out of reach and embedding the very tip in the wall. Cursing, Suigetsu kicks you hard in the ribs, leaving you winded for a moment as he dives to pull his sword out of the wall before you can retaliate.

[X] Intercept him!

[X] Throw wire around the sword and Hien it by extension.

[X] Why are we even discussing this?! Ceiling! On fire! Now!

[X] Write in?

Uh what happens if we throw the wire onto/through him while he goes watery and then set it aflame?

Scia said:
Uh what happens if we throw the wire onto/through him while he goes watery and then set it aflame?
He'll put it out by going full water and then reconstitute himself outside the wire and punch you out.

Out of interest why is Ami so determined setting the ceiling on fire

Just for the record, can we know what would have happened if Ami took the sword?

The Nobody said:
Just for the record, can we know what would have happened if Ami took the sword?
With her hand, you mean?

Suigetsu would have re-manifested his hands in time to close them around hers and started squeezing, clearly looking to break her fingers. You then would have had the choice to either flare your Hien around the hilt to make him let go (doing a decent amount of cosmetic damage to your own hand), or some other options I didn't bother to think of because that choice didn't win.

[X]ceiling on fire now.

I want to try and intercept him, but can we actually stop him when we can't punch/kick/stab him?

FurikoMaru said:
With her hand, you mean?

Suigetsu would have re-manifested his hands in time to close them around hers and started squeezing, clearly looking to break her fingers. You then would have had the choice to either flare your Hien around the hilt to make him let go (doing a decent amount of cosmetic damage to your own hand), or some other options I didn't bother to think of because that choice didn't win.
Is it bad that I would've preferred that option to win? Tough girls with scars excite me are kinda cute, in their own way...

I'm gonna count that as uju's Z-Slash being used since it was more in spirit with what he wanted.

As for me, seeing as Suigetsu just got a damn kick off on us I want him being debuffed yesterday before he can kick it up a few more notches.

[X] Screw the ceiling. Set the boy on fire.

If we can get a Gokakyuu off, then we can hit our opponent with it. I doubt that he'll be in decent fighting shape after eating hot death straight with no seasoning, myself.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] And as it fell, you rose to claim it
Adele - Set Fire to the Rain

FurikoMaru said:
With a cry, you heave sideways at the sword's hilt with the back of your blade, driving it out of reach and embedding the very tip in the wall. Cursing, Suigetsu kicks you hard in the ribs, leaving you winded for a moment as he dives to pull his sword out of the wall before you can retaliate.
*sigh*
Didn't get it out the arena, huh?
I'm tempted to peg him directly with a Grand Fireball, but I have my doubts here about it's appropriateness, just as I did about napalm.

[X]Nuke the ceiling.
The roof, the roof is on fire~

uju32 said:
Adele - Set Fire to the Rain
*sigh*
Didn't get it out the arena, huh?
I'm tempted to peg him directly with a Grand Fireball, but I have my doubts here about it's appropriateness, just as I did about napalm.

Note that this is the exam where Canon Gaara crushed Lee's leg into so much mangled flesh and bone jelly.

Lethal and crippling techniques are explicitly alright in this situation.

Vindictus said:
Note that this is the exam where Canon Gaara crushed Lee's leg into so much mangled flesh and bone jelly.
Lethal and crippling techniques are explicitly alright in this situation.
Canon!Gaara was also cuckoo for Coco Puffs; you will note that no one else escalated to that level of force until he did, and the only two guys who did used it against him.
This is an exam, and promotion is based not only on winning, but judgement.

We're trying to beat the guy not kill him.

Well, if we blast him one of two things will happen.

A, he leaves his sword to dodge it. This results in the area around his sword being on fire, and the sword itself being red hot.

B, he tries to pry the sword loose and get blasted. This results in a direct hit, and he'll probably get severely injured.

IMO, either way ends with us winning.

Vindictus said:
Well, if we blast him one of two things will happen.

A, he leaves his sword to dodge it. This results in the area around his sword being on fire, and the sword itself being red hot.

B, he tries to pry the sword loose and get blasted. This results in a direct hit, and he'll probably get severely injured.

IMO, either way ends with us winning.
I believe that's going to happen if Ami aims for the sword instead of for Suigetsu.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm gonna count that as uju's Z-Slash being used since it was more in spirit with what he wanted.
Neither Zantetsuken was used because neither of your write-ins won. More people wanted the sword out of his hands than wanted it destroyed, but only uju went for his specific variation, IIRC.

FurikoMaru said:
Neither Zantetsuken was used because neither of your write-ins won. More people wanted the sword out of his hands than wanted it destroyed, but only uju went for his specific variation, IIRC.

Really? Not even the 'Knock out the window' version? I thought at least that had some kind of meaningful support.

uju32 said:
Canon!Gaara was also cuckoo for Coco Puffs; you will note that no one else escalated to that level of force until he did, and the only two guys who did used it against him.
This is an exam, and promotion is based not only on winning, but judgement.

We're trying to beat the guy not kill him.

actually the "you don't need to win, just make a good showing" is explicitly for the third part, if we don't get to the third part, then all the good judgement in the world won't make us a chuunin.

also, fuck it

[X] burn him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back