• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Can't Ami just jump backwards while keeping her sword up to disengage? If his shoes are stuck to the ground, he's going to have to spend some time to get out of it and we can keep throwing fire around while he's busy.

Couldn`t a feint with a kick work? We make it look like we want to attack his knee and hope that it will distract him for a crucial moment so that we can either light him on fire or find a way out of the bladelock as I do not trust our strengh.

uju32 said:
Fifteen feet up.
It was possible; at least as possible as tags, and surer.

Fifteen feet is near nothing to ninja like us and you wanted to cycle through hand seals and fire off a fireball towards before the successor to Zabuza close that piddling distance? He can draw his sword and strike a lot faster than we can finish our handseals and attack AND draw our sword.

At least kunai and explosives are faster and wouldn't require us to aim away from our enemy looking right at us. Kunai with explosive tags he can't just rush past with the risk of us detonating early and hurting or knocking him off balance. He'd need to get away to a new perch or risk free fall i.e. his ass is ours, and in that time we could have gotten a shot off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the eau de toilette flammable by any chance, and could we angle/get it tossed in Suigetsu's direction so he gets a face full of flaming perfume?

I'm not holding out hope we can bring it to bear with two hands occupied, but it's worth a shot.

Alternatively, if his foot really is stuck then giving ground and him tripping on his shoe might also give an opening.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Fifteen feet is near nothing to ninja like us and you wanted to cycle through hand seals and fire off a fireball towards before the successor to Zabuza close that piddling distance? He can draw his sword and strike a lot faster than we can finish our handseals and attack AND draw our sword.
Two hand seals for Goukakyuu:Horse/ Tiger or Snake/Ram; there's a third version that requires six.
And Suigetsu never was particularly fast in canon.
We wouldn't have been facing away either.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
At least kunai and explosives are faster and wouldn't require us to aim away from our enemy looking right at us. Kunai with explosive tags he can't just rush past with the risk of us detonating early and hurting or knocking him off balance. He'd need to get away to a new perch or risk free fall i.e. his ass is ours, and in that time we could have gotten a shot off.
On a balcony.
He could have hopped off the rail onto the balcony.
And we're not exactly overflowing with tags.

uju32 said:
Two hand seals for Goukakyuu:Horse/ Tiger or Snake/Ram; there's a third version that requires six.

Compared to who?

We wouldn't have been facing away either.

We wouldn't have been facing right at him as we delivered the payload because we'd be aiming for the center of ceiling, so that's enough.

On a balcony.
He could have hopped off the rail onto the balcony.
And we're not exactly overflowing with tags.

Whatever would have gotten him moving away from us, or not moving towards us. That is what mattered.

And no, we aren't but they'd be well worth the use if they distracted Suigetsu long enough to get us a burning ceiling. The tags aren't that valuable when we're a swordsman and engage in melee. The only reason we were attacking at range was to force Suigetsu's hand or change the battlefield in our favor.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Is the eau de toilette flammable by any chance, and could we angle/get it tossed in Suigetsu's direction so he gets a face full of flaming perfume?
It's kinda-flammable, but yeah, your hands are occupied.

uju32 said:
Compared to Sasuke and Killer B. XD

FurikoMaru said:
Compared to Sasuke and Killer B. XD
Also Kisame who is Speed 4.
And that was a Suigetsu three years older, and with the benefit of Orochimaru upgrades.
By our standards, not very fast.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
We wouldn't have been facing right at him as we delivered the payload because we'd be aiming for the center of ceiling, so that's enough.
Disagree.
We were already facing in the right direction.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Whatever would have gotten him moving away from us, or not moving towards us. That is what mattered.
Or towards us.
They aren't proximity fused Afaik.
Basically, it wasn't sure.
And I was still contemplating throwing in a second Z-slash when the update happened.

uju32 said:
Also Kisame who is Speed 4.
And that was a Suigetsu three years older, and with the benefit of Orochimaru upgrades.
By our standards, not very fast.

Suigetsu was training under Zabuza, everyone else has been broken past canon selves, and Ami was still only 3.5. Which was said even before Furiko took down Ami's stat sheet.

Ami is not Ino. In fact Ami is the slowest member of the team. And she's a swordsman so why would you think her Hand Seals is gonna beat Suigetsu's movement speed? Her Hand Seals is probably one of the lower stats because she's melee.

Disagree.
We were already facing in the right direction.

If Suigetsu was on the same wall as us and we're aiming at the center of the ceiling, no, no we are not.

Gonna have to do more than, "Disagree, this is how it was."

Or towards us.
They aren't proximity fused Afaik.

Don't have to be, can manually detonate them. More importantly, Suigetsu wouldn't know that and he can't afford the risk of of playing chicken with explosives because if he loses he's boned.

Frankly uju, it amazes me that I can call this in advance, in fact call EXACTLY what happens, and you STILL try to justify how we couldn't have seen this coming.

[X] Disengage by pouring even more energy into the Hien and trying to knock him backward; you're tall enough and strong enough in ninjutsu if not in physicality that you might be able to manage it.

Changed vote.

Annnnnd deadlock broken. Whelp. Time for me to either delete my vote or contemplate a Z-Slash, if I can't get a good write-in.

Furiko, can we give ground instead, and see if Suigetsu's maybe glued foot trips him so that we come back down on him hard?

And if we can't, would a Z-Slash ensure we win the bladelock without ruining our own blade in the process?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Furiko, can we give ground instead, and see if Suigetsu's maybe glued foot trips him so that we come back down on him hard?
Yes, you can do that. In fact that is the sensible thing to do; it isn't a canon option only because Ami is a very aggressive fighter who favours offensive action over defensive manoeuvres about 8 times out of 10.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And if we can't, would a Z-Slash ensure we win the bladelock without ruining our own blade in the process?
... well, here's the thing about bladelocks. Usually people don't win. Usually, someone either pulls a knife in their nondominant hand and stabs their opponent, or the two fighters break apart and get back to the actual fighting.

To 'win' a bladelock, the strong of your blade has to find the foible in your opponent's blade. At that weak point, you can snap the end off the sword. However, unless your sword is heavier than the one you're fucking over, you could easily wreck your own weapon in the attempt.

This is, of course, theoretical in any discussion not involving chakra, because katana aren't made for this kind of crap. Blade-cutting, when it happens at all, is more of a Blossfechten thing.

FurikoMaru said:
Yes, you can do that. In fact that is the sensible thing to do; it isn't a canon option only because Ami is a very aggressive fighter who favours offensive action over defensive manoeuvres about 8 times out of 10.

Whelp, I'm switching then.

[X] Give ground. If his foot really is glued to the ground, he'll trip and be off balance. Then you can retake the offense and capitalize on his lack of balance. Don't let him get his bearings.
EDIT:
-[X] Toss your perfume at him too. If he swings to hit it he'll be soaked in flammable liquid that will ignite when your sword gets close enough. It'll wear him down, and surprise the hell out of him.

Hell I will pay a Z-Slash if that would make this assault super-effective and let us really lay down the hurt, because we can't expect an opening like this to fall back into our laps and he seems like the superior swordfighter and has a better blade. We need to end this now, without a burning ceiling to sap him faster I think we need to get a decisive advantage and not botch it.

... well, here's the thing about bladelocks. Usually people don't win. Usually, someone either pulls a knife in their nondominant hand and stabs their opponent, or the two fighters break apart and get back to the actual fighting.

To 'win' a bladelock, the strong of your blade has to find the foible in your opponent's blade. At that weak point, you can snap the end off the sword. However, unless your sword is heavier than the one you're fucking over, you could easily wreck your own weapon in the attempt.

This is, of course, theoretical in any discussion not involving chakra, because katana aren't made for this kind of crap. Blade-cutting, when it happens at all, is more of a Blossfechten thing.

Yeah I'm well aware this kind of grinding is, well, very stupid. With a long sword the goal may be to essentially try to shove the other around or knock their sword aside, but that's mostly to get them off guard. And a long sword is less an artful dance of skill and more slamming into a person and knocking them around and preferably to the ground.

Been a while since medieval sword fighting though, and I only went to a few of the reenactment sessions back at college.

....Actually. May have an extra special Hymn tactic for that Z-Slash.

Suppose we gave ground, and then hurled the eau de toilette at Suigetsu. He hits/blocks it. It shatters and becomes a vapor or splashing him. But while he's off balance from not only his shoe but now from deflecting a fragile projectile, the two movements make him extra vulnerable as we close back in to deliver punishment.

And ignite the perfume with a flaming sword.

Would this be possible? Or would this end up being frankly REALLY vicious and run the risk of permanently wounding Suigetsu or catching ourselves in the backlash?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
....Actually. May have an extra special Hymn tactic for that Z-Slash.

Suppose we gave ground, and then hurled the eau de toilette at Suigetsu. He hits/blocks it. It shatters and becomes a vapor or splashing him. But while he's off balance from not only his shoe but now from deflecting a fragile projectile, the two movements make him extra vulnerable as we close back in to deliver punishment.

And ignite the perfume with a flaming sword.

Would this be possible? Or would this end up being frankly REALLY vicious and run the risk of permanently wounding Suigetsu or catching ourselves in the backlash?
It'd be really vicious if you didn't know he has the Hydrafication bloodline. Since you do know, it's more like you're very reasonably trying to overcome his advantages. At worst you'll emotionally scar him for life and make him hate Ami forever and ever and ever.

FurikoMaru said:
It'd be really vicious if you didn't know he has the Hydrafication bloodline. Since you do know, it's more like you're very reasonably trying to overcome his advantages. At worst you'll emotionally scar him for life and make him hate Ami forever and ever and ever.

Well, him losing to us would probably make him hate us anyway. Although admittedly a fairer win would be more likely to open up the possibility of him not hating Ami's guts.

But...losing in the prelims in his big debut is pretty embarrassing. Sadly, I suspect people would be less on-board with an idea they expect will traumatize him and give Suigetsu pyrophobia. Even if it might make for a very decisive win, and it's not like getting a flaming sword shoved inside him isn't already going to scare the piss out of him....

At least I didn't say, "Throw it at Suigetsu's face?"

Don't suppose we can get a risk/reward comparison on backstep with and without hurling the perfume at Suigetsu, or do you want us to decide amongst ourselves? Cause with the spectre of, 'At worst he'll be emotionally scarred and hate Ami forever,' I suspect people won't want to do that to him.

Even if he very nearly killed Ami. And I admit aside from the murdering he's been personable, but Zabuza was never the most well adjusted individual and I doubt he's improved Suigetsu's mental disposition.

[X] Give ground. If his foot really is glued to the ground, he'll trip and be off balance. Then you can retake the offense and capitalize on his lack of balance. Don't let him get his bearings.

[X] Disengage by pouring even more energy into the Hien and trying to knock him backward; you're tall enough and strong enough in ninjutsu if not in physicality that you might be able to manage it. (1)

Unclouded

[X] Try to kick him in the face. Even if he catches your foot, that's a hand he now doesn't have on the sword. If he is stuck to the floor, it won't take much to knock him on his ass under those conditions. (1)

Selias

[X] Give ground. If his foot really is glued to the ground, he'll trip and be off balance. Then you can retake the offense and capitalize on his lack of balance. Don't let him get his bearings. (2)

-[X] Toss your perfume at him too. If he swings to hit it he'll be soaked in flammable liquid that will ignite when your sword gets close enough. It'll wear him down, and surprise the hell out of him. (1)

Hymn of Ragnarok

-[X] No perfume (1)

krateus

Tally. Including my perfume idea added to the give ground. I could go for either perfume or not, but I think perfume is our faster route to a match. Even if we risk traumatizing Suigetsu. Although him having a fear of beauty products dos sound pretty funny....

Tie needs to be broken though. I would DEFINITELY pay a Z-Slash for ensuring the perfume happens in addition to putting him off balance. I'd be willing to switch to no perfume if that's what it took for a better course of action, but I think with the perfume we'd have a chance of winning then and there, or at least of laying down some serious hurt on Suigetsu and put us in a better position.

Maybe enough hurt to have time to set the ceiling on fire for good measure? Although hitting him with a flame sword over and over probably would do more.

Suppose we could hope him tripping would give us time to light the ceiling on fire, but I wouldn't bet on it and we'd need to sheathe our sword, fireball, draw again all before Suigetsu gets to us. Let's NOT do the same mistake twice.

And....before I post, katreus posts. Updated.

katreus, your thoughts on the hurling perfume idea?

I'm still not certain his shoes are fused to the ground they could have just melted slightly. Either way my goal in this fight is to get it more into a sword battle if possible and leave an impression that we have kenjutsu as strong as an apprentice to one of the seven swordsman (as unlikely as that'll be).

I'll go ahead and change my vote to give ground but no perfume; save it as an ace in the hole. Throw a kunai or shuriken instead if needed.

@Hymn - Seems a little mean (and probably fatal to anyone without the Hydrification bloodline) although of course, we do know he has it and the dude has advantages out the wazoo. Still, winning without cheating as much as possible is for those strong enough.

You can just put me down as

[X] Hymn's plan

[X] So small in times such as these

You turn, letting him slide past you, and are disappointed to see him adjust his footing with little trouble. Oh, hell, you can see it now; it wasn't the soles of his shoes, it was those false breasts he threw aside with the rest of his disguise - they're what's melting.

Undaunted, you hurl the tiny glass bottle at him, and it shatters on the flat of his sword near the hilt.

"Sheesh, what's next?" he asks, closing the gap to take another swing at you. "You gonna hit me with a sh-?"

Your swords collide, and you flare your Hien.

-WHOOSH-

"Holy-!"

His arm melts into blue; his grip on the sword goes loose as his hands turn into water, and in that moment you make the decision to

[X] take the sword away; you can't wield it and your own at the same time, but you can carry both at least. If you hop back afterward, you might be able to sheathe your sword before getting a better grip on his.

[X] hammer at the foible of the blade with all your might and snap it.

[X] slap an exploding tag on the part of the blade not currently on fire and get clear before it blows.

[X] get clear and finally set the damn ceiling on fire like you've wanted to this whole time.

[X] Write-in.

[x] Spoils of war!

I'm pretty sure that Suigetsu's gonna be more pissed about a broken sword. And since Ino is working pretty hard on inter-village relationships... And if Suigetsu is not-very-pissed, he might do the honourable and actually leave the sword to Ami as a present. After trying to disembowel her with his bare hands, or something.

Removing the sword from Suigetsu's hands one way or another would make it far easier on Ami. While he unquestionably has some ability in taijutsu, he should be far weaker without it.

The issue I see with the first option is that he might be able to prevent us from retrieving the sword, considering how fast he seems to be. However, the flames still seem to be burning, so he might not be able to stop Ami in time. Furthermore, carrying both might slow Ami down.

Options 2 and 3 seem to be more permanent methods of dealing with the sword, but with the high quality of the sword, it might be possible that the sword could survive the attempt to destroy it, basically wasting time.

The fourth option seems like the low risk, low reward one.

[X] slap an exploding tag on the part of the blade not currently on fire and get clear before it blows.

FurikoMaru said:
[X] So small in times such as these
David Bowie-Slow Burn

FurikoMaru said:
[X] take the sword away; you can't wield it and your own at the same time, but you can carry both at least. If you hop back afterward, you might be able to sheathe your sword before getting a better grip on his.
It's established canon that Mist CAN booby trap their swords to injure unauthorized users.
It's not something you're likely to see on a normal apprentice's sword, but this guy apprentices for a Swordsman.
I'd rather not.

Alternatively, there is at least one Sword-Summoning Contract in canon; he could take the thing right out of her hands if he has one.

Unless Ami has a seal that would contain it, something she could slip it into?
Certainly if Ino found time to sow seals into Shikamaru's clothes, she would have done the same for her teammates.
FurikoMaru said:
[X] hammer at the foible of the blade with all your might and snap it.
IIRC, the sword has to be in a fixed position to allow that to happen.
Given that Suigetsu's arm is liquidifying, it's more likely to move the sword than break it.
And his sword is better than hers anyway.

And almost as importantly, hitting the foible will only take off the front third or so of the blade at best.
Seeing as Japanese built cutting not stabbing swords, it's not as huge an advantage as it would seem.
FurikoMaru said:
Depends on the quality of the sword.
And shrapnel is an issue.
Both it and the previous option leave Suigetsu with a sword shard in hand; not an ideal state of affairs, but this is likely to be more effective than the previous one(I think).

FurikoMaru said:
[X] get clear and finally set the damn ceiling on fire like you've wanted to this whole time.
Low risk.
I'd prefer to combine this with something else though.

FurikoMaru said:
QUESTION
How good is Ami with wire?
Can she animate it or manipulate it somehow?
And what are the rules for surrender?

And how big are the storage seals in her clothes?
Big enough to hold a sword?

And to save people the trouble of doing research:
Foible
The upper third of the blade, ending in the point. The division of the blade into forte, terzo, and foible is attributed to the Italian school of fencing, which enjoyed a fine reputation in the 16th and 17th centuries (top)
fencingDefence9.jpg

These don't seem mutually exclusive to me.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
We might need to use a damn Z-Slash to make sure Hien works though. Unless a Z-Slash can somehow catch Suigetsu so off balance and surprised that he doesn't go liquid.

As it is, he isn't tired, and even if making his head liquid DID make him blind, he's still better off than us.

Also, get used to the idea that we are not lighting the ceiling on fire. It would appear that ship has past because Suigetsu is now on the war path. Goodbye favorable battle conditions.

And too late iamnuff. People already tried that. It didn't work.

....Seriously goddamn it people why the hell did you think we were going to get that off when Suigetsu had his eyes on us and was only fifteen feet away? What on earth were you thinking?

Yes, I know I'm beating a dead horse. I'm annoyed. I still can't believe others didn't see that coming a mile away.

huh looks like i missed an entire update.

how the fuck did i manage that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back