• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] Burn the ceiling
It is not as optimal as aiming our fireball at the enemy. But having a sword duel under a burning sky is too cool not to do.

[X] When Brian Boitano was in the Alps, fighting grizzly bears

-Gouryuuka no Jutsu!/Great Dragonfire Technique!-

Hinata actually screams.

The heat and pressure are unlike anything you've ever felt before; you wobble slightly, but you manage to keep your footing. Suigetsu, meanwhile, drops to his knees in a way that makes it very clear that wasn't his idea.

"What the hell have you been teaching these children?!" you hear Kurenai-san scream at Asuma-sensei.

"Science...?" he offers weakly.

"I hate science," Suigetsu groans, getting to his feet.

[X] Make him hate it more. Great Fireball, right in the chest. The Gouryuuka took a lot out of you, but you have to keep him away from that sword.

[X] Now wire up the sword and Hien it.

[X] Write in

Wait, are you saying we wrap up Suigetsu's sword or ours? Because if we can sneak a wire onto Suigetsu's sword and make him close his hands around a suddenly flaming sword when he can't go hydro, by all means, do that shit!

Also, South ParK; Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is glorious.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, since when was Kurenai such a killjoy?

we should teach Suigetsu the joys of science!

also, I totally forgot, but Dragonfire isn't a canon technique is it? I don't really remember how its "science" are we using some sort of fuel to make it burn hotter?

I don't remember Ami's jutsu very well.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Wait, are you saying we wrap up Suigetsu's sword or ours? Because if we can sneak a wire onto Suigetsu's sword and make him close his hands around a suddenly flaming sword when he can't go hydro, by all means, do that shit!

Also, South ParK; Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is glorious.

pretty sure he'd see the wire, I suppose we could wire it, then throw it to the other side of the room again.

Like a sick game of keep-away, (but with more fire!)

edit: brian Boitano song from Southpark,

yay!

fuck, my edit was ninja'd

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Wait, are you saying we wrap up Suigetsu's sword or ours?
Suigetsu's.

iamnuff said:
wow, since when was Kurenai such a killjoy?
Well, you did just set the ceiling on fire. If you'd missed, theoretically you could have badly hurt some people on the walkway. As it is, you've made the arena a very unpleasant place to be for the non-Sand genin.

iamnuff said:
we should teach Suigetsu the joys of science!
Suigetsu: Science is not a joy when your bloodline's entire schtick is giving it the middle finger!

iamnuff said:
also, I totally forgot, but Dragonfire isn't a canon technique is it?
It is. It's how Sasuke stirs up clouds to get real lightning to enhance his Raiton techniques.

iamnuff said:
I don't really remember how its "science" are we using some sort of fuel to make it burn hotter?
No, you're creating an environment where Suigetsu could end up evaporating if he goes water too often, and in which he might very soon find himself too dehydrated to hydrafy at all.

Because it's more clever, and Suigetsu presumably won't see the wire before it's too late.

Don't suppose we could also go all in and try to wrap up Suigetsu in wire too? Either he hydrafies and dehydrates faster, or we burn him with another little katon of ours. Seems like a solid plan to me.

EDIT: Unless channeling chakra into the blade could trigger a booby trap. Then it's not so good at all. I am torn.

Check my thinking. If Suigetsu's sword has a body trap set, such as someone channeling chakra through his sword (or blocking chakra not, which amounts blocks us about as well), then if we manipulate our wire such that it wrapped around Suigetsu's ankle/shoulder/whatever and THEN wrapped around Suigetsu's sword, then any offensive anti-theft measures would at least hit him and us, right?

Of course, the wire would have to move damn fast and be timed and measured out just right to cinch around a body part and the sword at the same time, but at least then Suigetsu would be hit by whatever measures he has installed too, right? And if they don't translate across wire it would hit him.

Course, if it's a Suiton counter-measure (I don't know how) it might perk him up some, but eh. Not sure how it'd work effectively. Stick a person to the ground?

Am I considering this accurately?

FurikoMaru said:
Suigetsu's.
Well, you did just set the ceiling on fire. If you'd missed, theoretically you could have badly hurt some people on the walkway. As it is, you've made the arena a very unpleasant place to be for the non-Sand genin.
Suigetsu: Science is not a joy when your bloodline's entire schtick is giving it the middle finger!
It is. It's how Sasuke stirs up clouds to get real lightning to enhance his Raiton techniques.
No, you're creating an environment where Suigetsu could end up evaporating if he goes water too often, and in which he might very soon find himself too dehydrated to hydrafy at all.

oh, I assumed that "set the ceiling on fire" ment "start a fire on the ceiling" not "set the ENTIRE ceiling on fire"

no wonder they freaked out.

where the fuck did Ami get that technique? isn't that some A-rank bullshit?

honestly, our Deo-bombs seemed more "Sciencey" than a simple "lets heat the water" plan.

No, it's B-Rank, same as Hien. Even on the wikia. And on Ami's list of jutsu that Furiko presented.

iamnuff said:
where the fuck did Ami get that technique?
She's a Konoha shinobi with a Fire affinity, quite decent-sized reserves for someone her age, experience in being responsible with open flames, and a jounin-sensei. Asuma's affinity may be Wind, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to burn one down when the occasion calls for it,

iamnuff said:
honestly, our Deo-bombs seemed more "Sciencey" than a simple "lets heat the water" plan.
Deo-bombs?

The flaming ceiling is just the straw that broke the camel's back for Kurenai. She was already wondering what the hell kind of teacher her boyfriend is if this is what his favourite student comes up with.

FurikoMaru said:
She's a Konoha shinobi with a Fire affinity, quite decent-sized reserves for someone her age, experience in being responsible with open flames, and a jounin-sensei. Asuma's affinity may be Wind, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to burn one down when the occasion calls for it,

I thought Asuma did fire and wind? Or is that the point, his primary is just Wind.

I think he's referring to the hairspray.

The flaming ceiling is just the straw that broke the camel's back for Kurenai. She was already wondering what the hell kind of teacher her boyfriend is if this is what his favourite student comes up with.

Asuma should blame Ino. Everyone else does. :p

It also occurs to me that, with our wire wrapping, in addition to wrapping around some vulnerable joint like the elbow or the shoulder or even the neck, if we went all in and had it wrap around Suigetsu's hand/wrist and FORCED him to grip the flaming sword?

Ooh, that's gonna hurt.

Of course, if he's got just enough juice left in him for superstrength he may try and hurl us into a wall or otherwise jerk us around or yield the wire to him, but it may be worth it.

Maaaaaay be getting into vicious territory if we have good reason to believe he can't go hydro anymore. Does Suigetsu still sport the bulging muscles I recall him having when we got in the bladelock?

FurikoMaru said:

yeah, I can understand grand-fireball, or some of the small-time C rank stuff that sasuke uses, but this? holy shit.

320px-Great_Dragon_Fire_Technique_2.PNG

look at the size of that thing! no wonder it even lit above the balcony on fire.

Did we just cause serious structural damage to the tower?

do we need to get out before it collapses?

Deo-bombs?

deodorant/perfume bombs.

the things we used earlier when Waterboy was talking about "chemical warfare"

that sounds like using science in battle, just lighting things on fire (even if it is a hell of a lot of fire) is just par for the course for ninja, only commented on because we used something so outrageously overkill.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I thought Asuma did fire and wind? Or is that the point, his primary is just Wind.
That is indeed the point.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I think he's referring to the hairspray.
I know, but what the hell is a deo-bomb? fake edit: Oh. Perfume and deodorant are two different things, so I didn't make the connection.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Maaaaaay be getting into vicious territory if we have good reason to believe he can't go hydro anymore. Does Suigetsu still sport the bulging muscles I recall him having when we got in the bladelock?
Yeah, he can manage that without too much strain.

iamnuff said:
yeah, I can understand grand-fireball, or some of the small-time C rank stuff that sasuke uses, but this? holy shit.
Well, Ami can't make one as big as Sasuke can, but then, in an enclosed space and with no need to provoke the clouds, she doesn't need to. It's a long-range technique and that's what was needed.

iamnuff said:
Did we just cause serious structural damage to the tower?
Anko: Pffhahahahahahahaha! Oh, civilians are so cute sometimes.

[X] Draw your sword and advance, young samurai!
We shall defeat this brigand yet!
FurikoMaru said:
Ino: Ha! I knew Ami was the favorite!

FurikoMaru said:
[X] When Brian Boitano was in the Alps, fighting grizzly bears
Already called.
FurikoMaru said:
-Gouryuuka no Jutsu!/Great Dragonfire Technique!-
Hinata actually screams.
Fine piece of acting Hinata!
That way your opponent will underestimate you!
It is acting right?
FurikoMaru said:
The heat and pressure are unlike anything you've ever felt before; you wobble slightly, but you manage to keep your footing. Suigetsu, meanwhile, drops to his knees in a way that makes it very clear that wasn't his idea.
I believe this is appropriate:
[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/Adgx9wt63NY[/embed]

At least neither Temari nor Shika will be complaining about the lack of a show.
FurikoMaru said:
"What the hell have you been teaching these children?!" you hear Kurenai-san scream at Asuma-sensei.
Quick, blame Ino!
You know it's her fault somehow!

FurikoMaru said:
[X] Make him hate it more. Great Fireball, right in the chest. The Gouryuuka took a lot out of you, but you have to keep him away from that sword.
[X] Write in
*Checks*
If Suigetsu's sword is booby-trapped, it won't be Fire or Lightning(obvious reasons).
That leaves Water, Wind, Earth, fuuinjutsu and physical damage. And poison.
AFAIK, neither Earth nor Water effects can be transmitted along ninja wire/physical weapons, and physical damage will attack the wire itself.
Which leaves Wind and exotic fuuinjutsu effects(paralysis, chakra leeching and whatnot).

Poison requires skin contact.
Wind is rare. Fuuinjutsu less so.
And I have no idea about fuuinjutsu transmissibility.

Furiko, what say you about it?
And what's the jounin reaction about pegging Fireballs at Suigetsu?

I have an idea, and it's one Furiko should be able to answer because Ami should be able to answer this.

Could we charge after Suigetsu and, this is key, keep him with his back to the wall? Whether he gets his sword drawn or not is important but not what decides whether we can do it. Does Ami think she is good enough to keep Suigetsu pressed into the wall, or close enough that he is unable to get a full swing of his sword and therefore bring his full strength to bear?

Enough of this elegant dance of blades or single stroke battle crap with give and take, you want a real sword fight? Shove the guy into a corner or on the ground and pummel the shit out of him. And we're using a katana, not a foil. Sheer cutting power is its virtue, time to make use of it.

Even if Suigetsu is strong as long as Ami keeps him from getting away from the wall or around her Ami has a distinct battlefield advantage in swordplay.

So. What's Ami's verdict on this Furiko?

uju32 said:
Quick, blame Ino!
You know it's her fault somehow!
Heh.

Honestly? If Gai were the type for irony, this would be the point where he'd say, "So, he's infected both of them!"

uju32 said:
Furiko, what say you about it?
I say that Suigetsu's sword is too heavy for most people to use as anything but a low-tech springboard or shield. Theoretically, a crazy person could steal it, but why in god's name would they want to?

uju32 said:
And what's the jounin reaction about pegging Fireballs at Suigetsu?
In concert with the Gouryuuka you've already launched?

Deidara: Crazy bitch! The ceiling's still there! 5/10, needs work.
Zabuza: Oh for fuck's sake, kid. If you fall to a Katon user I will tell literally everyone you meet for the rest of your life. Haku at least managed to keep his bloodline a secret.
Asuma: For the last time, I don't know how she knew he was a real Houzuki!
Kurenai: I don't care if he's a Kiri-nin, Asuma, you can't teach your kids to be completely okay with burning people alive in a month! It takes at least a whole year to get them to that point! Christ, do you want her to turn out like Anko?
Anko: *keeps her mouth shut but grinning; prepares another respectful I-told-you-so letter to the Hokage along with a request for renovation money*
Gai: *oddly silent and pensive*
Sarutobi: -_- This is certainly a unique way of getting your name removed from the genin-team-assignment pool, Anko.
Hayate: If I don't get hazard pay out of this I am stabbing someone so hard.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I have an idea, and it's one Furiko should be able to answer because Ami should be able to answer this.

Could we charge after Suigetsu and, this is key, keep him with his back to the wall? Whether he gets his sword drawn or not is important but not what decides whether we can do it. Does Ami think she is good enough to keep Suigetsu pressed into the wall, or close enough that he is unable to get a full swing of his sword and therefore bring his full strength to bear?

Enough of this elegant dance of blades or single stroke battle crap with give and take, you want a real sword fight? Shove the guy into a corner or on the ground and pummel the shit out of him. And we're using a katana, not a foil. Sheer cutting power is its virtue, time to make use of it.

Even if Suigetsu is strong as long as Ami keeps him from getting away from the wall or around her Ami has a distinct battlefield advantage in swordplay.

So. What's Ami's verdict on this Furiko?
When can she start? ;D

Though I feel constrained to note, she isn't likely to want to kill him outright in a tournament match.

FurikoMaru said:
Heh.
Honestly? If Gai were the type for irony, this would be the point where he'd say, "So, he's infected both of them!"
Lol.

FurikoMaru said:
I say that Suigetsu's sword is too heavy for most people to use as anything but a low-tech springboard or shield. Theoretically, a crazy person could steal it, but why in god's name would they want to?
So it's a slab?
Huh.
At least that settles that concern.
FurikoMaru said:
Tough crowd.
Or just jelly she's a pyro, not a demo.

FurikoMaru said:
Zabuza: Oh for fuck's sake, kid. If you fall to a Katon user I will tell literally everyone you meet for the rest of your life. Haku at least managed to keep his bloodline a secret.
Sure about that Zabuza-san?
There were literally hundreds of senbon on the floor; no way they were all steel, and there were jounin watching.
At best he didn't expose his Demonic Mirrors to the chuunin-candidates.

FurikoMaru said:
Kurenai: I don't care if he's a Kiri-nin, Asuma, you can't teach your kids to be completely okay with burning people alive in a month! It takes at least a whole year to get them to that point! Christ, do you want her to turn out like Anko?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

FurikoMaru said:
Anko: *keeps her mouth shut but grinning; prepares another respectful I-told-you-so letter to the Hokage along with a request for renovation money*
I do believe both of them are non-clan ninja, yes?
Having both LOUD ninja be silent can be interpreted in so many ways.....

FurikoMaru said:
Sarutobi: -_- This is certainly a unique way of getting your name removed from the genin-team-assignment pool, Anko.
*raises eyebrow*
I would have thought Anko would want a team of genin to terrorize.

And lol Hayate; in three matches he's had to dodge exploding surfaces, senbon and now dragonfire.
Poor dude deserves the bonus.
FurikoMaru said:
When can she start? ;D
Though I feel constrained to note, she isn't likely to want to kill him outright in a tournament match.
There is something to be said for the brute-force approach.
And if he tries to use Hydrafication to go around, it will increase Suigetsu's surface area, causing him to weaken faster, and taking the offensive keeps him mentally off-balance.
I'll wait for Hymn to weigh in though.

1234q1234q said:
What techniques does she have to use? I think this C-rank, Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique, would be a good choice. Less damage then the great fireball, but harder to avoid.
We have a list of techniques available to Ami.
Phoenix is not one of them.

FurikoMaru said:
Heh.

When can she start? ;D

Eheheheheheheheeeeeee.

Okay. I'm going for broke.

Well, not quite, there's two tricks I WOULD like to try, but noooot quite IC or what I described. So I'll wait for feedback from you to decide whether they get implemented officially.

[ ] Launch en exploding tag. Or several. You want at least one to be landing near the sword, but if some hit Suigetsu, that works too! He can take it. And it'll knock him further off balance, maybe even shove him into a wall for you! Could be interesting to see what he prioritizes, himself or his sword.

[ ] You've still got one more trick. You don't need to hold wire in your hands to strengthen it, let alone your bare hands! With a few loops of wire around your fingers or limbs with you controlling the slack you entangle a person and jerk them around to your tune as you pummel them! Perfectly speedy opponents, or prey you don't want to get away. And if someone tries to jerk YOU around, well, you don't NEED to strengthen the wires. You can let them go, let them snap, and use your enemy's strength against them!

[X] Catch up with Suigetsu as he nears the wall. Whether or not he manages to get his sword out, do not let him get away from the wall! Make him put his back to that wall, foil ever attempt to escape or overpower you! That sword can't get a full swing so close to the wall so he can't bring his full strength to be bear. But you sure as hell can, and you are gonna use it! You've got him right where you want him, between hard rock and your burning blade, and he's not going anywhere!
[X] But that sword. That sword. It might not be good for swinging in these close quarters but it's pretty damned good for blocking. It can still take more of a pounding than you, and while Suigetsu isn't able to push you away, neither can you slip your blade past him. It's a matter of what fails first, his endurance or your sword.

[X] And that pisses you off!

[X] You don't care how good his sword is! You don't care whose apprentice he is! You can taste victory on the tip of your tongue and you are not letting it get away! If you can't cut him without getting past his sword, then you'll cut through the sword to get to him!

[X] Zan. Tet. Tsu-KEN!

[X] YOU'RE MINE NOW PRETTY BOY!

How's that? I think I actually got pretty IC for Ami when she gets worked up. :p

Yes, breaking sword. It would be fucking awesome for Ami here.

[X] Laugh maniacally, as you realize that you really love fire.

Also, I don't think this was called by Anko a while ago, but on the off-chance this is a reference...

"Whoa-ho, looks like we've got a badass over here,"

Is this a Borderlands reference? Because I think something to this effect is one of the random lines for encountering a Badass type in the games.

Incidentally, I don't think Suigetsu's bloodline was one of the tidbits Anko dropped. I think Kibi's the only person Anko gave viable intel on and that turned out to be a moot point. We figured this shit out on our own.

Both of these are good ideas, But they are even better done together.

edited

[X]Hymn

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Also, I don't think this was called by Anko a while ago, but on the off-chance this is a reference...

Is this a Borderlands reference? Because I think something to this effect is one of the random lines for encountering a Badass type in the games.
Nope. The Neil DeGrasse Tyson ragecomic meme.

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Incidentally, I don't think Suigetsu's bloodline was one of the tidbits Anko dropped.
It was, I assure you. Remember when she said you were worse than the Kiri kids and asked if you were satisfied or if you wanted a blood sample too? 'Kiri, kekkei genkai'.

FurikoMaru said:
Nope. The Neil DeGrasse Tyson ragecomic meme.

Awww. No reference for me. Shoulda just googled it. Oh well.

It was, I assure you. Remember when she said you were worse than the Kiri kids and asked if you were satisfied or if you wanted a blood sample too? 'Kiri, kekkei genkai'.

Oh, that. Fair enough.

And did I manage to hit Ami's tone? I didn't include the princess or Sasuke obsession because, well, sounded kinda trite and it's not like she's mentioned them herself yet in this fight, but I was hoping to nail the stubborness, aggression, and....honestly, I imagine Ami locking down a target she really wants to beat as not unlike a pitball wrapping its jaws around something and swinging it around until it gives in or dies.

Ami is not the killing type, no I get that. But that's how I imagine the inevitable finality of whatever has earned Ami's focus/obsession.

Poor Sasuke. :p

Also, if it's not obvious, I will happily pay a Z-Slash to see the scene I described happen.

FurikoMaru said:
:D
She would. It's a slap on the wrist for giving out intel for free.
Ah.
Old man has his own sources.
He'll get over it.
Eventually.

Ino really should get around to doing something nice for her.
Without ogling her cleavage :D
Selias said:
[X] Laugh maniacally, as you realize that you really love fire.
Wait.
You want Ami, the career girl, the level head of Team 5, to go laughing maniacally in front of her exam assessors, multiple jounin, the Hokage, and a guy she's fighting?

No. A thousand times no.
That is completely out of character from her background and portrayal so far.

[X]Plan Hymn
If he's willing to commit a Z-slash, I'll vote for it.

Well, unless Furiko has any warnings to share about the consequences of shattering Furiko's blade, or if that has any connotations in the kenjutsu community, I think it'd be an amazing way for Ami to establish a rep.

Also, it's a hell of a story to tell Sasuke. And by tell, I mean put him under a False Surroundings genjutsu so he can watch the match from Ino's perspective and watch Ami punch out a guy who should be by all rights above her weight class.

Something tells me Sasuke will be much more interested in Ami after seeing that. Not just Ino's tagalong anymore, is she?

And since Zabuza's shared thoughts were not along the lines of, "I'll disown you," in fct it seems to imply Zabuza would still be planning to be around Suigetsu, I suspect his reaction to Suigetsu's defeat will be, "You're training extra hard, and you're not succeeding me until you have a rematch with that girl and you beat her. I don't care if you assassinate her or defeat her in a straight fight or by setting her back on fire, you're losing that blemish from your record. Start planning in between your beatings."

Incidentally, if we make Goemon in our Throne? Goemon can give Ami lessons. Ami learns from Ino's prince and gets another mentor while we recreate more of our friends!

We may have to explain a few things, but maybe we can sweet talk past Ami's genre and belief that she's the heroine. :p

EDIT: And it just now occurred to me that giving Suigetsu's sword a downsize may make it easier for him to fight back, since sword length is one of the things that would be holding him back from a proper defense....

Meh, still worth it because awesome and if Ami can't leverage that shock for putting Suigetsu down for the count or a flaming sword at his throat for a definitive win, then what the hell girl? I don't expect her to kill Suigetsu but I should think she can get some cuts in get a win after this.

If the sword breaking blow ended up going through the sword and embedded itself into the wall right next to Suigetsu's head, making Hayate call the match, that would also be quite lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back