• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

FurikoMaru said:
If he can't keep you from cutting his arm off, I'd say it's debatable whom has who at whose mercy. In Ami's book, winning a fight is like having sex; you either did it or you didn't. No one gives out points for almosts.
Huh.
So ninja wire should be able to manage it.
Is Hien a thing she can do with her bare hands?

Guys why don't we just break his extended left arm that could easily get us free and if we can't grab enough of his arm there's always his fingers. Heck we could always chop said arm off.

Jack Trade said:
Guys why don't we just break his extended left arm that could easily get us free and if we can't grab enough of his arm there's always his fingers. Heck we could always chop said arm off.
What fingers? His arm is mostly the water around your head. When you Hien him, if you Hien him, it's going to be through the armpit or just below it.
Torgamous said:
Is Hien a thing she can do with Suigetsu's bare hands?
Nah, she's no Hyuuga.

FurikoMaru said:
In Ami's book, winning a fight is like having sex; you either did it or you didn't. No one gives out points for almosts.
Oh-kay, this just now. I don't know for what reason, but my "Subjective Main Character Indicator" just moved a notch from Ino towards Ami.

... Well now I want to use a Zantetsuken on the surrender.

I figure either we get adopted by Zabuza, Suigetsu gets all impressed, or we make chuunin for skill and the intelligence to give up when necessary.

I'm worried about chopping off Suigetsu's arm when he's having a real hard time rehydrating.

FurikoMaru said:
I tend to find tests of this kind of thing are overly optimistic in their assessment of what it's actually like to have to hold your breath after you've already engaged in strenuous activity for a sustained period of time.

That's fair enough.

Superficial scarring on her hand and arm and a bump on the head from getting thrown into a wall.

Eh, not too bad I suppose, considering our line of work.

XD Oh, god, I can't wait to write what happens if you surrender and use a Zantetsuken for it.

I'm part curious, but the other part in me is thinking "Fuck that noise, we were so close to victory and it's being snatched out from under us, snatch it back!"

Tch. These are the times I regret instituting the Zantetsuken rule. There are just some things I shouldn't let you lol your way out of and this is definitely one of them.

:-[

If he can't keep you from cutting his arm off, I'd say it's debatable whom has who at whose mercy. In Ami's book, winning a fight is like having sex; you either did it or you didn't. No one gives out points for almosts.

Huh, we could permanently lop off his arm here?

Torgamous said:
Is Hien a thing Ino can do with Suigetsu's bare hands?

Nah, Ino doesn't know Hien.

[X] Off with his arm.

May or may not leave the boy a one-armed cripple. I dunno, I'd think he still has enough water left in him to take it judging by the fact he bubblehead trapped us just now.

welp, we ran into melee against a guy who is probably impossible to cut with a melee attack.

also, I guess i just assumed that if we were using the same jutsu that sasuke used, then it would be about the same size, probably should have known better, considering.

in the picture i posted, the Dragons head was several times the size of the man it was next to.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I'm part curious, but the other part in me is thinking "Fuck that noise, we were so close to victory and it's being snatched out from under us, snatch it back!"
My thought exactly.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Huh, we could permanently lop off his arm here?
Apparently not
Naruto 574
naruto-3073159.jpg

If I remembered this, I would have voted for pegging him with Fireballs.
I'm leaning towards off with his arm.

iamnuff said:
welp, we ran into melee against a guy who is probably impossible to cut with a melee attack.

Flaming sword against a guy vulnerable to heat and close to being evaporated. Normal melee weapon, no, wouldn't have done much. Flaming sword, different story. Didn't work, but for reasons I at least did not expect since I didn't think he'd still be able to pull those tricks or that we'd be able to dodge with him with his back to the wall.

uju32 said:
My thought exactly.
Apparently not

If I remembered this, I would have voted for pegging him with Fireballs.
I'm leaning towards off with his arm.

Huh, so he can be dismembered but not permanently? Good to know. I was a bit worried aout village relations if we chopped off a successor's arm and set a more vicious tone for the exam, but if Suigetsu CAN recover from chunks of his body ripped out....well, okay, it still makes him a bitch and a half to put down and we're likely need to hurl everything we have at him, but we might be able to win without causing an international incident.

It also occurs to me that if we had broken his sword or sent if through the window he'd have just pulled this trick earlier, and we wouldn't have had a flaming ceiling. So....yeah, I got no excuse for not considering that. Shoving the sword into a wall was actually a pretty good move, we just didn't choose to fireball his position. :/

More speculation and trying to refine an idea that would let us get away here. Supposing we took a shot at his arm and laid down a tag. Suigetsu is letting us go one way or another, we get a bit more ground, hopefully take less damage. Unless we need to hold onto the tag, then there's nothing to be done.

When Furiko is being mysterious it usually means something worthwhile or interesting is there which is why her hints towards surrendering is the only reason I'm considering the option, but.....I straight up hate conceding defeat. I'm not a very good loser, at best I just put on a good show. I'm trying to keep myself in check here and consider what's best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
More speculation and trying to refine an idea that would let us get away here. Supposing we took a shot at his arm and laid down a tag. Suigetsu is letting us go one way or another, we get a bit more ground, hopefully take less damage. Unless we need to hold onto the tag, then there's nothing to be done.
Word of GM is that his arm is gone into this technique.
If we went for a slice, we'd cut it at around or just below his armpit.
So no arm.
Unless you wanna try stuffing a tag inside him.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
When Furiko is being mysterious it usually means something worthwhile or interesting is there which is why her hints towards surrendering is the only reason I'm considering the option, but.....I straight up hate conceding defeat. I'm not a very good loser, at best I just put on a good show. I'm trying to keep myself in check here and consider what's best.
Me neither.
I hate to lose.

uju32 said:
Word of GM is that his arm is gone into this technique.
If we went for a slice, we'd cut it at around or just below his armpit.
So no arm.
Unless you wanna try stuffing a tag inside him.

Fuck no, if we escape his hold I'm not going back in. I mean more toss one between us. It goes boom, Suigetsu has a very fast flight and crash into a wall, Ami has a much longer flight before she hits a wall and in the time pulls off a Fireball to shell Suigetsu's location while he's still stunned for the tag. By the end of it all, Ami would hopefully have gotten her bearings and would be read to shell Suigetsu's location again, or bluffing him into thinking she's about to, while Suigetsu is hopefully still recovering from the tag and fireball combo to retaliate.

If he's missing an arm during this time, well, more power to us.

The main worry here I guess is how much more punishment can Suigetsu take. And how much Ami will take. Superficial scarring on the hand...not TOO bad.

And hey, excuse to wear a metal glove for flaming pimpslaps! Or take a page from Fosfor/Case13's Livewire and use gloves similar to those for Ami to capitalize on wire skills and chakra reinforcement.

Hmh how much of his clothes remain at this point? After all we can touch them and make it hot...

Question: as hard of a time Suigetsu is having keeping our head submerged, would he have the strength to entrap our sword arm mid swing or the rest of us post swing?

I'd LIKE to think this would overcome him now, but I was wrong about what he could still pull off before so if this question will be answered it's worth asking. If it's not....was worth a shot.

[X] Little mama game is about to change

Fuck him and the fake tits he rode in on.

-SCHWING!-

Your head is immediately free, and you duck to gasp for air low on the ground even as Suigetsu swears and stares at his arm. He saved it, but he couldn't do that and keep you under at the same time. And now it looks like you were right; that was his last chance. His fingers flicker into vapour once, twice, and then he's left gesticulating with no effect, like a jackass. His lower lip has a thin split down the middle, and the whites of his eyes have gone pink.

[X] Right, where were we? Oh yeah, pin him to the fucking wall and don't let him up until he either concedes or the ref calls it.

[X] No more mêlée; this guy just boiled your damn face off, it feels like. Set his feet on fire and watch him dance.

[X] Write-in?

Oh thank God. Oh thank fucking God.

Now while I'd like to pound him into the wall I am not making the same fucking mistake twice even if he does look like he's running on fumes. Maybe he's not. I'm not sure if he's still capable of fighting with his sword or if he has no fingers at all now.

If he's truly helpless it might be proper to offer HIM a chance to surrender before we push the limits of his blood line and kill him outright.

How would we burn his feet anyway, flaming wire, truss him up like a turkey? Although wire may be a trick to save for the finals.

Just toss explosive tags at him? Although if he can't do liquid at all anymore that may also kill him.

Hmm.

EDIT: Or stylish wire finisher, flick wires around limbs and neck, ignite wires. But not the bits of wire around his body, just close enough to make it clear it could have been burning him instead.

[X] No more mêlée; this guy just boiled your damn face off, it feels like. Set his feet on fire and watch him dance.

[X] Right, where were we? Oh yeah, pin him to the fucking wall and don't let him up until he either concedes or the ref calls it.

uju32 said:
How far away are we from Suigetsu?
You're like a foot away from him unless you vote for no more mêlée, in which case your first action will be to get out of reach.

uju32 said:
In your hand. You picked it up when you cut off his arm.

uju32 said:
Is HIS sword within his reach?
Yeah, but it'll take him a second to dislodge it from the wall. In that second you can strike if you want.

(X) Pin him to the fucking wall. Daintily. With our sword. "You don't burn a woman's face, fils de puta."
Or you know, whatever we want to call him.

As much pain as Ami is in, I suspect Suigetsu is in about that much pain, has been for a fair bit, and it's only getting worse. So I can't hate on him too badly.

But FUCK this melee crap, oh no. I am through underestimating this guy.

So unless Furiko says he is incapable of handling a sword by virtue of no hands or fingers, I am going to assume that this fucker can still do kenjutsu and there's fair odds he is better at it than us. Maybe even without his bloodline bulking him up.

Does he still have the bulky muscles?

-[X] Feel free to toss some explosive tags in his direction if they won't be hitting you, thrown back at you, or otherwise damage you. Should slow him down further and give you time to prepare jutsu, and maybe even prevent him from pulling his sword out.
-[X] And demand HIS surrender unless he wants another shot of fire.
-[X] Your sword and wire are your back-ups should he pursue you.

EDIT: Because apparently explosive tags are gonna maim Suigetsu and I'm not yet feeling cold hearted enough to cripple him. Not in these circumstances....

Also, Ami is being very vindictive now. I am not fond of the set his feet on fire and watch him dance for the sadism aspect, but I sure as hell do not feel like letting him one over on us. Us retreating gives him room to draw his sword and possibly chase after us, hence me calling for tags to slow him down and otherwise be prepared.

But yeah. I thought he was cooked like Thanksgiving dinner the first time and was wrong. I am not taking chances again.

And if people really want to go melee with him, we may want to burn another Z-Slash. Hell we may want to burn one anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back