• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] Laugh maniacally, as you realize that you really love fire.
[X] Plan Hymn

Y'know I'm gonna have to second uju on this, for all that Ami's affinity may be fire she does not strike me as a pyro.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And since Zabuza's shared thoughts were not along the lines of, "I'll disown you," in fct it seems to imply Zabuza would still be planning to be around Suigetsu, I suspect his reaction to Suigetsu's defeat will be, "You're training extra hard, and you're not succeeding me until you have a rematch with that girl and you beat her. I don't care if you assassinate her or defeat her in a straight fight or by setting her back on fire, you're losing that blemish from your record. Start planning in between your beatings."
More likely to eat the loss, and use it as a goad to redouble his training.
I mean, even canon Zabuza didn't go stalking Kakashi after his loss for pride's sake; there was a solid business proposition there.
And this Mist is sane; certainly Zabuza has lost fights before.
They're ninja, not samurai after all.

Unclouded said:
[X] Laugh maniacally, as you realize that you really love fire.
Again, Ami is trying to make chuunin, a position of responsibility.
What makes you think this is going to help in any way?
You saw the reaction of everyone towards Deidara; not even Ino was comfortable.
Or do you think Sasuke would be interested in anyone even a little unbalanced after what happened to his family?
Assuming he's hetero or bi, that is.

And Ami is a civilian-born ninja, without the rep or patronage of a clan to paper over any quirks.
Don't go sabotaging the girl for a laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Satisfaction came in a chain reaction

You have him now!

Rushing him, sword raised, you

-Drowning Water Blob Technique!-

drop to your knees beside him.

can'tbreathecan'tbreathecan'tcan'tcan't...

Suigetsu is saying something, but you can't quite make out what it is over the pounding of blood in your ears and the rushing of the water that used to be his left arm swirling around your head. Oh, god, it's boiling! You feel like your eyes are going to burst. You shut them tightly, and grit your teeth to force yourself not to scream and waste more air.

"... you what, if you tap your hand on the ground three times to signal you give up, I'll let you go before you drown. Deal?"

... give up...

[X] Do what he says, make this end...

[X] Rragh! This just means he's desperate! At least don't let him go on to the finals! Reach up and chop his extended left arm off. If you do it quickly, you might be able to get free of the blinding agony that surrounds your head when he hydrafies the rest of himself to avoid the blow.

[X] Write-in?

-----
:-[ Did you guys... forget he can do that? I mean, you did kinda back him into a corner here. He's officially done not taking you seriously, congratulations.

Damn it.

No, I thought he couldn't pull shit like that anymore once we torched the ceiling. You said he couldn't do hydrafication, or at least not much. I suppose this isn't too much.

Fuck.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Whelp, I feel bad now.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Damn it.

No, I thought he couldn't pull shit like that anymore once we torched the ceiling. You said he couldn't do hydrafication, or at least not much. I suppose this isn't too much.

Fuck.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. Whelp, I feel bad now.
On the bright side we have a chance to put one of his arms out of commission.

Meh. Seeing as I got us into this, if we want to keep the fight up or give it another try, I'll be the one to offer up a Z-Slash. Fair is fair, I'll pay the piper.

We really couldn't react in time to do anything? Even if my Z-Slash got burned on evasion and avoiding the attack instead of victory that'd have been fine.

[X] Rragh! This just means he's desperate! At least don't let him go on to the finals! Reach up and chop his extended left arm off. If you do it quickly, you might be able to get free of the blinding agony that surrounds your head when he hydrafies the rest of himself to avoid the blow.

Wonder if we could do some sort of blazing aura to evaporate his arm.

Honestly, at this point I am extremely worried. I thought Suigetsu's hydrafiction was more limited than that. Certainly the impression I got from Furiko. I don't think Ami's right about Suigetsu being desperate. I'm not sure why he would be. Unless he doesn't have his sword and can't get to it, he can probably still hit us with a follow up.

Goddamn it. One Z-Slash to walk right into a counter-attack. It didn't even get us a dodge. I can stomach that I underestimated Suigetsu or how long it'd take for hydrafiction to be disabled, if it ever would be, but it annoys me that it didn't even manifest as a, "Whoa you almost ran right into that." :/

Does Ami at least know whether or not Suigetsu got his sword back or was close enough to grab it?

I assume that using Kawarimi or Shunshin is not an option. In that case, how much damage would be done if she used Hien on the three senbon tucked in her hair?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Honestly, at this point I am extremely worried. I thought Suigetsu's hydrafiction was more limited than that. Certainly the impression I got from Furiko. I don't think Ami's right about Suigetsu being desperate. I'm not sure why he would be.
... because his hydrafication is limited. Seriously, you can feel the water around you bubbling - as painful as it is to you, he's probably in excruciating pain keeping this up.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Goddamn it. One Z-Slash to walk right into a counter-attack. It didn't even get us a dodge. I can stomach that I underestimated Suigetsu or how long it'd take for hydrafiction to be disabled, if it ever would be, but it annoys me that it didn't even manifest as a, "Whoa you almost ran right into that." :/
You didn't lose a Zantetsuken because your plan never even had a chance to go into effect. The instant you voted to get within grabbing range of Suigetsu again, this was going to happen.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Does Ami at least know whether or not Suigetsu got his sword back or was close enough to grab it?
He's close enough to grab it, but he's a little busy trying not to evaporate at the moment.

1234q1234q said:
I assume that using Kawarimi or Shunshin is not an option. In that case, how much damage would be done if she used Hien on the three senbon tucked in her hair?
How is she going to get at her hair? There's a sphere of water engulfing her head.

FurikoMaru said:
... because his hydrafication is limited. Seriously, you can feel the water around you bubbling - as painful as it is to you, he's probably in excruciating pain keeping this up.

I gathered that the reason we're hurting this bad is because this is what he's feeling too. I didn't think he'd be able to manage even this.

You didn't lose a Zantetsuken because your plan never even had a chance to go into effect. The instant you voted to get within grabbing range of Suigetsu again, this was going to happen.

Balls. Whelp, I am sorry for leading everyone into underestimating what he was still capable of.

He's close enough to grab it, but he's a little busy trying not to evaporate at the moment.

Lovely. So unless Ami can get back into action real quick, Suigetsu could cut his loses on holding her and make a play for the sword while Ami gets her bearings?

Well. I have an idea although I'm not sure it's a very smart one in light of my recent error in judgement. If we used an explosive tag we could probably blow Suigetsu back and ourselves out of his grasp. But that means eating our own explosive tag and I'm not sure we're durable enough for that. Although doing a two-tap and toss of the note for a surprise might catch him off-guard if we were able to conceal the note. I don't think we could. Although if it disoriented Suigetsu enough and hurled us back, maybe we could make seals for Fireball while we flew, land, and immediately shell Suigetsu's position while we fully recovered.

Main pro is that the explosive force might wrench us free of Suigetsu, disorient him, but while we're hurt we know it's coming and prep fire to at very least slow him down while we get ready.

Thoughts? Is this even possible Furiko?

Man our face is probably a big red raw spot. At best.

The Hien technique works by flowing flowing chakra into things. As was stated earlier that she could do it from a distance too. Seeing as the blades(senbon) are in semi direct contact with her, woulden't that be enough? Hair has to conduct chakra otherwise how could Jiraiya's hair based defense work?

1234q1234q said:
The Hien technique works by flowing flowing chakra into things. I was stated earlier that she could do it from a distance too. Seeing as the blades(senbon) are in semi direct contact with her, woulden't that be enough? Hair has to conduct chakra otherwise how could Jiraiya's hair based defense work?
Oh. Sorry, I didn't understand what you were suggesting. Yes, she could do that.

FurikoMaru said:
Oh. Sorry, I didn't understand what you were suggesting. Yes, she could do that.

But if we did evaporate that water, wouldn't that only mean that the water surrounding our face becomes that much hotter right before it hits boiling point, and then we're STILL getting a face full of steam?

It, uh, seems kind of unwise to me. Very unwise.

Although if we try severing his arm with a flaming sword that may not help matters.

EDIT: Unless it means we heat the water up so much Suigetsu releases his hold on us. Then it is a very good idea.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Balls. Whelp, I am sorry for leading everyone into underestimating what he was still capable of.
Don't sweat it, that's exactly what Suigetsu was trying to make you do.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Lovely. So unless Ami can get back into action real quick, Suigetsu could cut his loses on holding her and make a play for the sword while Ami gets her bearings?
Well, it doesn't really take long to make a human being pass out from lack of oxygen, so he's honestly better off waiting her out. It'll hurt like hell, but barring unprecedented guts on Ami's part it's a sure thing.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Well. I have an idea although I'm not sure it's a very smart one in light of my recent error in judgement. If we used an explosive tag we could probably blow Suigetsu back and ourselves out of his grasp. But that means eating our own explosive tag and I'm not sure we're durable enough for that. Although doing a two-tap and toss of the note for a surprise might catch him off-guard if we were able to conceal the note. I don't think we could. Although if it disoriented Suigetsu enough and hurled us back, maybe we could make seals for Fireball while we flew, land, and immediately shell Suigetsu's position while we fully recovered.

Main pro is that the explosive force might wrench us free of Suigetsu, disorient him, but while we're hurt we know it's coming and prep fire to at very least slow him down while we get ready.

Thoughts? Is this even possible Furiko?
This is possible, but I don't think either of you will like the shape you're in when you're done.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Man our face is probably a big red raw spot. At best.
Yep.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
But if we did evaporate that water, wouldn't that only mean that the water surrounding our face becomes that much hotter right before it hits boiling point, and then we're STILL getting a face full of steam?

It is. But it would get you free.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:

Although if we try severing his arm with a flaming sword that may not help matters.
Well it is give up or take damage.

As for eating damage, the water is all ready close to boiling. She is getting third degree burns anyway. I just don't see how she could pull off an explosion. He is looking right at her. There can't be any element of surprise with that plan. At least with the Hien it would be unexpected and be excruciatingly painful to him.

FurikoMaru said:
Don't sweat it, that's exactly what Suigetsu was trying to make you do.

._.

Suigetsu, meanwhile, drops to his knees in a way that makes it very clear that wasn't his idea.

So....what, that means it was an act and Ami didn't see through it? I thought the point of this sentence was to illustrate how Suigetsu just took a big hit and he wasn't expecting it or intending to hit the ground?

Well, it doesn't really take long to make a human being pass out from lack of oxygen, so he's honestly better off waiting her out. It'll hurt like hell, but barring unprecedented guts on Ami's part it's a sure thing.

Not long?

Where are you getting this from? A lot of Navy people can easily hold their breath for minutes. 30 seconds is also really easy for...probably anyone. If pressed I'm pretty a minute is extremely uncomfortable but manageable. I should think it would take a nice minute, maybe a bit less, for a person to pass out. During this time Suigetsu is getting more heat. Sounds like he should be in real trouble here.

This is possible, but I don't think either of you will like the shape you're in when you're done.

So Ami would be seriously messed up afterwards. Figures.

It is. But it would get you free.

Any chance of an estimate on the damage we'd do to ourselves?

And would we be doing this much damage by taking a swing at Suigetsu? I still feel like he'd see the swing and just let go before going for his sword.

Victory IS still possible here, right?

1234q1234q said:
Well it is give up or take damage.

As for eating damage, the water is all ready close to boiling. She is getting third degree burns anyway. I just don't see how she could pull off an explosion. He is looking right at her. There can't be any element of surprise with that plan. At least with the Hien it would be unexpected and be excruciatingly painful to him.

Rule of thumb, third degree burns is when the damage extends to the bone. And if it extended to the bone our brain meats would get fried. So preeeeetty sure it isn't third degree. But it is bad.

Just assume that if the Hien is used she is going to have three hot metal sticks touching her. It would be like being branded. However, it's the back of her head, her ears and eyes would be fine. Also the effect would be self limiting. When the water is gone, they will fall by rapidly melting her hair.

The real question is: is nin medical magic good enough to fix scar tissue? If so, I would vote for it. Otherwise save the scars for real battles.

1234q1234q said:
Just assume that if the Hien is used she is going to have three hot metal sticks touching her. It would be like being branded. However, it's the back of her head, her ears and eyes would be fine. Also the effect would be self limiting. When the water is gone, they will fall by rapidly melting her hair.

The real question is: is nin medical magic good enough to fix scar tissue? If so, I would vote for it. Otherwise save the scars for real battles.

Dude. You are proposing to raise the temperature of very, very hot water to be even HOTTER. There will be more fire than just the senbon. It will heat up the water surrounding our head. That is going to be bad. Furiko pretty much confirmed it, with the caveat that we'd be free.

So yeah. Not too sure about this. Of course, I'm not too sure about any of them.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
._.

So....what, that means it was an act and Ami didn't see through it? I thought the point of this sentence was to illustrate how Suigetsu just took a big hit and he wasn't expecting it or intending to hit the ground?
He did take a big hit that he wasn't expecting. But he had plenty of opportunities before just now to drown Ami that he didn't take advantage of, because he wanted to hold that move in reserve for the finals. I'm not talking micro, I'm talking macro.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Not long?

Where are you getting this from? A lot of Navy people can easily hold their breath for minutes. 30 seconds is also really easy for...probably anyone. If pressed I'm pretty a minute is extremely uncomfortable but manageable. I should think it would take a nice minute, maybe a bit less, for a person to pass out. During this time Suigetsu is getting more heat. Sounds like he should be in real trouble here.
He is. But so is Ami.

At the moment, Suigetsu is aware that he is having a really fucking hard time maintaining a liquid form and that it's only going to get harder as the minutes go by, so he's actively trying to drive the last breath of air out of Ami so he can win and go recuperate. He does not know at what point he won't be able to take it anymore, because he's never been in this kind of situation before and he has no way to judge.

Ami is aware that within two minutes (more like a minute and thirty seconds, now), Suigetsu will likely be unable to maintain integrity and will be forced back into completely human form. However, that doesn't mean a combination of hot as hell water and lack of oxygen are something she wants to wait out. Have you ever tried holding your breath and getting an injury at the same time?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
So Ami would be seriously messed up afterwards. Figures.

Any chance of an estimate on the damage we'd do to ourselves?
Well, Ami isn't as fast as Ino by a long shot, so worst case scenario she could lose a hand and get some serious scars.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
And would we be doing this much damage by taking a swing at Suigetsu? I still feel like he'd see the swing and just let go before going for his sword.
And this would be a bad thing why? He'd let go. That opens up your options a lot.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Victory IS still possible here, right?
Victory is always possible, depending on how you define it.

You know what? Our whole team doesn't have to make it to the finals, and I'd rather not risk having Ami get some permanent damage.

[X] Do what he says, make this end...

FurikoMaru said:
He did take a big hit that he wasn't expecting. But he had plenty of opportunities before just now to drown Ami that he didn't take advantage of, because he wanted to hold that move in reserve for the finals. I'm not talking micro, I'm talking macro.

Ah. Fair enough.

He is. But so is Ami.

At the moment, Suigetsu is aware that he is having a really fucking hard time maintaining a liquid form and that it's only going to get harder as the minutes go by, so he's actively trying to drive the last breath of air out of Ami so he can win and go recuperate. He does not know at what point he won't be able to take it anymore, because he's never been in this kind of situation before and he has no way to judge.

One day I am going to learn my lesson and just stick to the plan and wear a fucker down....

Ami is aware that within two minutes (more like a minute and thirty seconds, now), Suigetsu will likely be unable to maintain integrity and will be forced back into completely human form. However, that doesn't mean a combination of hot as hell water and lack of oxygen are something she wants to wait out. Have you ever tried holding your breath and getting an injury at the same time?

No, that's fine, just got the impression you were underselling how long a person could stay conscious.

Well, Ami isn't as fast as Ino by a long shot, so worst case scenario she could lose a hand and get some serious scars.

Huh. Best case?

Actually, I'm just want to make it official, but I am putting up a Z-Slash for any plan that needs it. So does that put us at best case scenario no matter what, in the sense of "You will get the best results you can get for this course of action"?

And this would be a bad thing why? He'd let go. That opens up your options a lot.

If it hurts us it's bad. Still, him letting us go and going for the sword, that's good, but I'm still getting the feeling he'll be faster on the draw than us and then we really will have to hope he doesn't douse the ceiling or get a quick shot on us. And since melee is no longer remotely an option and he's not gonna let us get a fireball off if he can help it, we could be in serious trouble.

Though I suppose it's still preferable to current circumstances.

Victory is always possible, depending on how you define it.

Well that's certainly always true, although going out with a bang qualifies. I suspect that's your point.

One last idea, actually.

Our wire. Could we get our wire out discreetly enough and use that to force Suigetsu to give up, possibly without him noticing (long shot I know)? Possibly by wrapping him up and igniting Hien or otherwise assault him with fire? If we can light up Hien, or close enough, with senbon in our hair inside Suigetsu's water we should be able to keep it going even inside Suigetsu. Couldn't say how he'd react though, with trying to punch us or go for the sword or start evaporating.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No, that's fine, just got the impression you were underselling how long a person could stay conscious.
I tend to find tests of this kind of thing are overly optimistic in their assessment of what it's actually like to have to hold your breath after you've already engaged in strenuous activity for a sustained period of time.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Superficial scarring on her hand and arm and a bump on the head from getting thrown into a wall.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Actually, I'm just want to make it official, but I am putting up a Z-Slash for any plan that needs it. So does that put us at best case scenario no matter what, in the sense of "You will get the best results you can get for this course of action"?
XD Oh, god, I can't wait to write what happens if you surrender and use a Zantetsuken for it.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
One last idea, actually.

Our wire. Could we get our wire out discreetly enough and use that to force Suigetsu to give up, possibly without him noticing (long shot I know)? Possibly by wrapping him up and igniting Hien or otherwise assault him with fire? If we can light up Hien, or close enough, with senbon in our hair inside Suigetsu's water we should be able to keep it going even inside Suigetsu. Couldn't say how he'd react though, with trying to punch us or go for the sword or start evaporating.
You can try, but it's kind of a complicated manoeuvre for a drowning person.

Tch. These are the times I regret instituting the Zantetsuken rule. There are just some things I shouldn't let you lol your way out of and this is definitely one of them.

Oh fucknuggets.
FurikoMaru said:
:-[ Did you guys... forget he can do that? I mean, you did kinda back him into a corner here. He's officially done not taking you seriously, congratulations.
I didn't think he could do that in the inferno we converted the arena to.
*checks Naruto 574*
Drowning Water Blob is a touch range maneuver.
Cutting the arm off with Hien will break it.

Problem is, again, judgement.
I don't know if it's kosher to go on when your enemy has you at their mercy and is demanding surrender.

uju32 said:
Problem is, again, judgement.
I don't know if it's kosher to go on when your enemy has you at their mercy and is demanding surrender.
If he can't keep you from cutting his arm off, I'd say it's debatable whom has who at whose mercy. In Ami's book, winning a fight is like having sex; you either did it or you didn't. No one gives out points for almosts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back