• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Guile said:
I'm inclined to think Shisui really is dead.

The rest of the Uchiha, however, were just gone.

If that's the case, Sasuke's issues with living alone are going to be compounded by abandonment issues. His parents are out there and went undercover, but left him to suffer alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really just a question of how deep the rabbit hole of suck goes, for Sasuke.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
If that's the case, Sasuke's issues with living alone are going to be compounded by abandonment issues. His parents are out there and went undercover, but left him to suffer alone.
Given that they do have a reputation for being battle-ninja, I would not be surprised to find out that his dad's reaction would be "Suck it up, you're Uchiha".
Dude did try to reverse-psych Sasuke into dating Ino; it's a fair bet that he didn't have overmuch respect for under-ten Sasuke's intelligence.

If it wasn't for the fact that Uchiha do have some power over bijuu, I would wonder if the guys waiting till Gaara leaves to attack Konoha were red-eyes.
Then again, they were allegedly absent during Kurama's attack, which is something I'm sure Furiko has accounted for.....
Guile said:
It's really just a question of how deep the rabbit hole of suck goes, for Sasuke.
True, true.

uju32 said:
You need to read that update again; Inoichi had to reveal our Ranton bloodline to dissuade him.
Right, we made a joke about that, Inoichi thought it amusing enough to use in his argument with Fugaku...

Except then he had to do some fast talking to get us out of it! I don't know if talking about it planted it in Fugaku's head or what.

Fugaku never intended to hook up Ino and Sasuke. He was just as strongly against it as Sasuke thought he was. You guys are misremembering; Inoichi didn't have to talk him out of it, he had to convince Fugaku that he wasn't trying to hook them up.

And I'm sorry I'm writing this less often. I have to focus on real life for a bit.

No problem, it's cool.

....Seriously though, can anyone think of a good way to try and brace Sasuke for the shitstorm heading his way? There is a seriously chance of him slipping off the deep end here, and destroying our friendship.

God forbid he gets so distraught and pissed at us that he attacks with what is accidentally lethal force, and Itachi's Geas forces us to sit there and take it. We may need to take preventative measures, especially if he starts interpreting this as him/the Uchiha versus Konoha, and he sees us as on the side of Konoha.

That's bad. Really, really bad.

Maybe when we learn Inoichi's private chat trick, we can take Sasuke, and possibly others as cover, aside and apologize in advance? Say that we are keeping a secret and an important one, but it's vital to village security. Technically true, there is the invasion and the treaty which Ino and Shika already deduced, but the real thing we're sorry about is withholding knowledge about Itachi. Ask Sasuke and whoever else we have present to just trust us to watch their backs as best we ca, while juggling everything else.

We just need to make sure Sasuke realizes we're in an awful position so he braces himself in advance. He'll still be blindsided, but at least he'll know we were trying. He'll still be furious, but there's a chance he'll still listen to us try to justify things and hold it together long enough for Konoha to finish playing its cards.

I suspect Sasuke's reaction to Itachi is going to be watched very closely, to check authenticity for....something. Maybe ours too, but mainly Sasuke's. Hate to use him like this but we're definitely in a tight spot.

We just need him to realize that. Sooner or later. Otherwise, don't sit near him, tell Ami, Hinata, Neji, or others to sit near Sasuke and restrain him if needed.

The adults here are actually competent so hopefully they have Sasukes psyche profile nailed pretty good, but they may be misjudging how well he'll take this.

No more reading forums before bed for me. I managed to dream I read an update where Sasuke left to pursue Itachi and Ami explained to us sorrowfully that 'This is the way it must be', both ignoring Ino's cry of 'But he's totally coming to Konoha next month!'

I was going over writing a response in my head when I woke up and everything, only to return to QQ and discover the update didn't exist.

My dreams are getting way too meta.

FurikoMaru said:
And I'm sorry I'm writing this less often. I have to focus on real life for a bit.
Yeah, take care of business lady.
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
No problem, it's cool.
....Seriously though, can anyone think of a good way to try and brace Sasuke for the shitstorm heading his way? There is a seriously chance of him slipping off the deep end here, and destroying our friendship.
*snip*
The adults here are actually competent so hopefully they have Sasukes psyche profile nailed pretty good, but they may be misjudging how well he'll take this.
Here's hoping.
This Kakashi seems to be on the ball actually, and Sauce is somewhat better socialized than in canon.
But we're still a kid here, with limited power; there's only so much we can do.
At worst we can always try guilt-tripping him; he PROMISED us he wouldn't go after Itachi alone, after all.
And our blood oath still stands.

uju32 said:
Yeah, take care of business lady.Here's hoping.
This Kakashi seems to be on the ball actually, and Sauce is somewhat better socialized than in canon.
But we're still a kid here, with limited power; there's only so much we can do.
At worst we can always try guilt-tripping him; he PROMISED us he wouldn't go after Itachi alone, after all.
And our blood oath still stands.

Unfortunately, one of the things we can still do is tell Sasuke what we know.

Which, uh, is most likely what he'll fixate on if he figures out we knew this was coming. I mean even if this Sasuke is in a much better place, it's still Sasuke.

Very wild guess: the rebel fraction of Sound are (or are some of, or are led by, or are led by some of) the remaining Uchiha.

The Nobody said:
Very wild guess: the rebel fraction of Sound are (or are some of, or are led by, or are led by some of) the remaining Uchiha.

Son of a-

Sound being an Uchiha village fits very nicely in some regards. And explains why Kibi knew the Hyuuga style, she's surrounded by Uchiha who have seen it. Could even explain why Itachi is in charge.

[X] "My dad wants us to meet Kakashi before he shows up to the training grounds and tell him he's unofficially ordered to become a hands-on teacher posthaste."

You can't tell him. Not now.

You like to think he wouldn't back out of your promise to take revenge together, but honestly, there's no telling what he's liable to do if he finds out Itachi is coming back to Konoha right this minute. For gods' sake, the last time Weasel talked to him, he promised he'd return and kill Sasuke's friends if the boy didn't get strong enough fast enough.

And even if he doesn't run off to die or to train or whatever, Sasuke's not the wait-and-see type. He's going to start asking questions - he's going to want to know how this even happened, and because he is as subtle as a brick to the face, he will undoubtedly land both of you and your dad in front of Ibiki inside a week, if not a day.

No, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You have a plan, and you're going to make sure Sasuke sticks to it; the two of you will become S-rank badasses, and then go weasel-hunting.

Training with Sharingan Kakashi is a good start.

=

"YOU'RE-" Naruto starts to yell, spraying food everywhere, but then stops, swallows, and looks confused. "... not late. What gives, sensei?" Setting aside his breakfast, he gets to his feet.

"This is Yamanaka Ino," Kakashi introduces you, ignoring the question. "As a favour, she'll be joining us for training for the next month." Jounin being jounin, you aren't surprised to notice he didn't say exactly who was doing who a favour, or mention the additional training you and he will be doing privately in the evenings.

Aburame Shino nods at you in quiet welcome, and downs the last of his tea.

"Why?" Naruto asks curiously. "Isn't she in the exams?" He perks up. "Does that mean we get super-cool chuunin exam training now?"

This kid is a ninja?

Technically.

"That's exactly what this means," Kakashi says cheerfully. "So settle down, my adorable student, and listen well." Abruptly, the happy façade drops. "I'm going to teach you how to kill a jounin."

Naruto flinches. The lines of Shino's face harden. Sasuke turns to stare at his teacher so fast you're surprised he doesn't get whiplash. For your part, you feel like someone's padlocked your tongue to the roof of your mouth.

"Well!" Kakashi says, all smiles again. "That's what I'd like to say, but the simple fact of the matter is that you suck too much to have any real chance of reaching that level within a month."

Lupin doesn't say anything, but you get the distinct impression he's angry about something.

"WHAT?!" Naruto roars indignantly, and despite the fact that he does so right in your ear, you grudgingly grant him some points for being the fastest to snap out of it, of the four of you. "If we suck, that's your fault as our teacher, isn't it?!"

"Naruto," Shino says quietly.

In a move unprecedented in your experience, the biggest attention whore you've ever met shuts up.

Red and Blue, is it? No wonder our little Sasuke feels left out.

"Why will we be learning to kill jounin specifically, sensei?" the bespectacled bug boy asks.

Kakashi explains about your situation with Gaara. Shino's ever-present frown deepens.

"Who does he think he is, startin' trouble in our village?" Naruto grumbles.

"The chuunin exams wouldn't be worth much if they weren't any trouble," you say, stretching.

"Mm! I guess you're right, there," he says, smiling cheekily. "I've decided! I'm gonna help you out with your training, Ino-chan! Just promise me you'll whup this guy good."

"You got it!" you reply with a grin.

... uh, Ino...?

You blink. Wait...

"Awright! Sensei, let's get to it!" Naruto has already moved on.

... so... if he's not a ninja, maybe he's some kind of voodoo priest?

=

You'll get the setup for the choice and the options themselves when I'm not so goddamn tired. I wanted to get this up, at least, to show I'm not dead. And neither is this quest.

=

"Now then..." Kakashi says casually. "Ino. I'll be using you as part of an important demonstration."

He punches you in the face.

[X] Take it and the broken nose that comes with it.

[X] Dodge!
-> [X] To your left, the side the fist is coming from
-> [X] To your right
-> [X] Backward

[X] Duck!

[X] Try to redirect his fist!

[X] Get inside his reach and kick him in the face!

[X] Jump!
-> [X] ... and be ready to counter or dodge the next blow when you come down
-> [X] ... and try to get in a good kick

[X] Write-in

Good to see you back. Have IRL things cleared up, a bit?

Of both facts I am glad.

EDIT: Also, Selias is a ninja.

... uh, Ino...?

You blink. Wait...

"Awright! Sensei, let's get to it!" Naruto has already moved on.

... so... if he's not a ninja, maybe he's some kind of voodoo priest?

naruto for mind-control, confirmed.

Well this is gonna suck. :(

So... I'm thinking that the lesson is "You can't beat a jounin."

Selias said:

So... I'm thinking that the lesson is "You can't beat a jounin."

That sounds about right.

Still want to figure out a way to screw over Scarescrow for this, but yeah, pretty sure we ain't doing any shit Kakashi don't let us do. Especially when we have no plan or real unity with the team.

Although if I got to call my shots, I'd take the punch and pickpocket his Icha-Icha in the process, followed by holding it hostage or using it to plug our bleeding nose.

Or slip an explosive note in the book or his pocket. But elite jounin. We're good, but we probably won't pull it off.

I can't decide between

[X] Bend backwards matrix style as his fist goes by and latch onto his arm at full extension with hands and knees, then twist.
or
[X] The greatest actress of the coming age takes the stage! Fake taking a hit and hitting the deck like an extra in a Bruce Lee movie!

I'm leaning towards the second one.

[X] Dodge left (where the fist is coming from).

[X] Dodge left (where the fist is coming from).

Welcome back Furiko; hope RL's treating you well.
Going with Guile on this one.

[X] The greatest actress of the coming age takes the stage! Fake taking a hit and hitting the deck like an extra in a Bruce Lee movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back