• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] De doo doo doo, de da da da, is all I want to say to you

"He's delighted to make your acquaintance," you inform Nabiki.

Everyone stares at you, including a very relieved Hisui. You shrug, and gesture promptingly at your employer.

"I thank you for such an enthusiastic welcome," Nabiki manages awkwardly.

"Mm," Hisui says, blushing slightly.

"He's in awe of your grace and beauty," you elaborate.

"And he's worried I can read his mind and see all the stuff he-mmph!" you try to add, only to be cut off by Asuma-sensei's helping hand.

"Thank you, Ino-chan," Nabiki says, a trifle primly. And she and her fiancé mount the steps, side by side.

=

The night you spend in the carriage is comfortable enough. Ami takes the queen bed by default, since Asuma's on duty, Kiba has some sort of thing about sleeping in a girl's bed, and Ami flat-out refuses to share with you. You curl up on one of the banquettes with Menka instead.

The next morning has Ami and Kiba on guard duty, so you and Asuma go off to get everyone some breakfast.

You quickly discover that Edajima School breakfasts are... odd.

One wall of the dining hall is set up like a soup kitchen, with a large pot of rice steaming as a young man in a chef's hat and an apron that might once have been white doles out its contents by the bowlful to a long line of boys in navy blue gi. Further down the counter you can see (if you stand on tiptoe) another man giving out tiny cups of tea and soy sauce, and another giving each of the boys a slice of pickle and a small bowl of miso soup.

... wait, that's it?

Asuma joins the line without hesitation, and you follow suit. A ripple of murmured conversation rolls through the room, and the man distributing the rice looks dumbfounded.

"Ah, shinobi-san," he whispers earnestly to your sensei, "you don't have to eat this stuff. This line is for students. The Master has granted permission for you to eat with the teachers."

Oh. So that's what smells like maple-broiled salmon and fresh fruit. You suppress a scowl.

"An indulgence for which I thank him most heartily," Asuma replies mildly, "but which I'm afraid I must decline." And he holds out his tray pointedly.

Clearly unsure of what else to do, the man gives you your bowls of rice and sends you on your way.

Sensei's carrying Ami and Kiba's breakfasts, and you have the morning off. You decide to:

[X] Go eat with your teammates.

[X] Grab a seat in the dining hall. Let's make some friends.

[X] Head out into the city to find a restaurant or something.

[X] Well, since Asuma isn't eating with the senseis, it seems rude to let his portion go to waste. I mean, they're cooking for +1 already...
-[X] Salmon, ho!

Hrm... want to spend time with Kibro and Awesome Ami, but we could REALLY go for some of that salmon... on the other hand, there might be something of interest we can learn from hanging with the NPCs, so better

[X] Grab a seat in the dining hall and see what's up.
--[X] Attempt to sneak some fruit from the teacher's area at some point.

Random encounter ho

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

1 = Nabiki

2 = Tsuruhiko

3 = Katsuhiro

4 = Kiba

5 = A teacher

6 = You

FurikoMaru said:
dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

1 = Nabiki

2 = Tsuruhiko

3 = Katsuhiro

4 = Kiba

5 = A teacher

6 = You

*Puppy dog eyes *
Is it a offer to a duel?

[X] The New York Times Affect On Man

"This is really the best they've got?" Kiba grumbles. He eyes Akamaru's meat hungrily, and the puppy growls, putting his paws protectively around the bowl.

You snort. "They've got better, but not for students."

Your team, minus Asuma (who's off doing whatever it is jounin do when they aren't teaching their genin), is seated on rough wooden benches in the stable.

"Well, this school clearly isn't doing very well," Ami says, blowing on her miso to cool it. "If anyone's going to have meat why shouldn't it be the teachers? Without them there wouldn't even be a school."

"'Cause they aren't the ones running obstacle courses and sparring all day while going through puberty," you point out, slurping down your own soup. "I mean, I know you haven't really taken a look around here yet, but this place looks like it's at least as physically strenuous as the Academy. I passed the path from the dorms on my way back here - there were explosive tags plastered all over the fence around it and tiger traps every ten feet. Can you imagine running that every day on this?" You offer your pickle to each of your friends in turn, and Kiba finally takes you up on it. "This place must suck to attend," you conclude.

"It's not that bad," a voice says, and the boy it belongs to enters through the open door. He's about average height, with dusty blond-brown hair that musses in the front; all in all, a very normal-looking guy.

The other two who follow him in are considerably more noteworthy; one of them's about six and a half feet tall and as handsome as anyone can be with such prominent muscles (bleh), and the other's got an X slashed across his face. It's really weird; it can't be a scar from a fight, 'cause it's just about perfectly even, so the only conclusion you can draw is that he cut it in on purpose, either 'cause it has some sort of religious significance or just out of a desire to look cool.

Also he's prematurely greying. This isn't like with Sasuke's teacher, either, this kid's natural hair colour is clearly black and it's clearly going silver at the sides. Poor bastard can't be older than fifteen.

"We came here to become men," the blond continues, "and real men don't complain about privation. Ain't that right, Momiji?" he adds to the tall friend, who nods, folding his arms as he leans against the door frame, smiling a small smile.

Kiba frowns.

[X] "I'll bet they also don't brag about not complaining to impress girls," you note impishly.

[X] You grin. "Hell no they don't. Can I take this to mean there are systems in place to hook a lady up with some salmon?" Hey, you're supposed to protect the dowry, right? If there's an established smuggling ring at work here it might be handy to know about it.

[X] "Still, it's not cool that they get meat and you don't," you commiserate. "Whatever happened to leading by example?" Now is as good a time as any to get some dirt on the teachers. It'll be easier to investigate a robbery down the road if you know something about your potential suspects.

[X] Write-in

[X] You grin. "Hell no they don't. Can I take this to mean there are systems in place to hook a lady up with some salmon?" Hey, you're supposed to protect the dowry, right? If there's an established smuggling ring at work here it might be handy to know about it.

[X] "Still, it's not cool that they get meat and you don't," you commiserate. "Whatever happened to leading by example?" Now is as good a time as any to get some dirt on the teachers. It'll be easier to investigate a robbery down the road if you know something about your potential suspects.

[X] "I'll bet they also don't brag about not complaining to impress girls," you note impishly.

Antagonize! Antagonize, damn it!

I think we gotta back up Kiba here. It'll only confuse him, which pleases me.

[X] I assume real men also dig huge and disfiguring scars? I'd rather have a guy that can put meat on the table.
Or something. Not really loving the write-in, but can't think of anything better.

Maybe we can run off a list of 'real man' traits that sound suspiciously like those possessed by Jigen, Lupin and Goemon.

The blond frowns. "There's not a lot we can do about it; tuition here's already pretty high, just 'cause of Edajima-sensei's rep."

"Oh?" you ask mildly, sipping your tea. "What reputation is that?"

He looks surprised for a moment, then light dawns. "Sorry, I forgot not everybody's in on the fight circuit. Sensei was king of the tournaments when he was younger, and before that he was the boss of the Crazy 88s in Hikari-kyo." Ami tenses, but Blondie is oblivious in his eagerness to gossip. "Nobody messes with Edajima-sensei. I heard one time he pulled out an illusionist's eye and cooked it and ate it right in front of the guy. And this other time-"

"Hey, Jou, what're ya doin', tellin' ladies about nasty stuff like that?" X-Face retorts. His eyes widen as though even he didn't expect himself to say anything, and his cheeks go bright pink. "Sorry about him," he mumbles without looking at you or Ami.

"It's fine," you assure him, waving off his concern. "We aren't exactly delicate flowers."

"I'm Miyamoto Mirioni," he says with a jerky bow.

Characterization vote:

[X] Fujiko-mode: Huh. So. It begins. Shame he's not handsome, but it could be worse. Time to milk him for every last bit of information he has.

[X]The Overprotective Hypocrite Has His Say: ... this... is kinda weird. Isn't X-Face- okay, Mirioni - kinda old to be interested in a 13-year-old girl? He's like 15. You wouldn't date a fourth-year Academy student. Well, no reason to be mean to the guy.

[X] In Which A 13-Year-Old Girl Acts Like a 13-Year-Old Girl: Eww~! A teenager? Pass! They're so immature. Still, maybe he knows something.

[X] Fujiko-mode: Huh. So. It begins. Shame he's not handsome, but it could be worse. Time to milk him for every last bit of information he has.

[X] Lupin 3 modo- Be cheerful and peppy as you plan to steal all the shiny... No wait, this is Nabiki's stuff. Sorta. Eh, but maybe you'll get a lead to some fair game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Lupin 3 modo- Be cheerful and peppy as you plan to steal all the shiny... No wait, this is Nabiki's stuff. Sorta. Eh, but maybe you'll get a lead to some fair game?

[X] Sorry, its too early for romance. Also, I'm kind of in love with a guy in my head that doesn't exist. Its not you, its me. Let's just be friends.

Although the idea of a 13 year old girl being all femme-fatal Fujiko is HILARIOUS.

[X]The Overprotective Hypocrite Has His Say: ... this... is kinda weird. Isn't X-Face- okay, Mirioni - kinda old to be interested in a 13-year-old girl? He's like 15. You wouldn't date a fourth-year Academy student. Well, no reason to be mean to the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back