• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

Meanwhile, on a rooftop across town...

[X] It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing

"Okay, Dad?" you interrupt, patience finally spent. "You need to stop thinking of my situation like I'm some kind of living party-line for a group of bored spirits, or something. I don't have any special knowledge of Konoha's future and neither do my head-guys - hell, I'm not sure they could point out Fire Country on a map - and I gotta say, I'm not really happy to know you think I wouldn't tell you if I did."

Shock and hurt fill his face. "It's not that I doubt your loyalty, sweetheart-"

"That is exactly what it is, Dad." You just stare at him for a moment, willing this to be some kind of bad dream, or a genjutsu. "You told me once you didn't believe I was possessed, or a sleeper agent. That you just think I'm a prodigy. Is that still true?"

"Of course it is," he says desperately, "but-"

"Then you're doing a lousy job showing it, talking like me being good at stuff is a bad thing and 'their fault' just because I don't get to be with Shika-chan and Chouji!" You glare. "I was seal-breaking before I had any of the dreams, remember? Or do you think I can do anything myself?"

"Ino-"

"I've got to get back to my team," you say quietly, and turning on your heel, you roof-hop your way back to the Academy.

=

When you arrive, Chouji and Shikamaru are seated on either side of Hinata in her row. When she sees you she stands and opens her mouth, probably to apologize, but you hold up a hand.

"Just..." You sigh, and try to smile. "... look after them for me, will ya?"

Her eyes widen. With a straightening of her spine and a hardening of her eyes, the Heir of the Hyuuga Clan nods.

"Did your old man tell you why he socked mine in the face?" Shikamaru asks as you take a seat next to Ami in the row in front of him.

What does it say about the future of the Alliance that the voices chose a different team for you?

"He did it because he's an idiot," you declare flatly.

Shikamaru twitches. "Don't use that tone, you sound like my mom."

Despite yourself, you grin. "Oh, really~?"

"... fuck."

~tsuzuku~

Have I mentioned that Inoichi hates me with every fibre of his being? O:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Inoichi is apparently genre savvy.
According to Word of God he is, in fact, Wrong Genre-Savvy. He's unaware that we're just the voices in the heads of the voices in her head and thinks there's only one degree of separation. Ino, being a reincarnation, has different considerations than the standard quest protagonist he thinks she is.

Torgamous said:
According to Word of God he is, in fact, Wrong Genre-Savvy. He's unaware that we're just the voices in the heads of the voices in her head and thinks there's only one degree of separation. Ino, being a reincarnation, has different considerations than the standard quest protagonist he thinks she is.

Except in this case, he's RIGHT. We did choose Ino's team. Did we choose to break up Ino-Shika-Cho? No, but we did in fact decide which team she would get, so he's closer to the mark this time than he's pretty much ever been before.

[X] Old Familiar Faces

Your sensei is the first to arrive, and he's not in the door two seconds before-

"JIGEN-SAN?!"

Asuma frowns in confusion, raising an eyebrow. "Well, I've been called worse, but..."

And just like that, you feel terribly embarrassed. Of course he isn't Jigen. Jigen's thinner, and paler, and older, and foreign. Sarutobi Asuma, your new sensei, is as Fire Country-ian as Mom and miso soup.

"Sorry," you say, covering your disappointment with a nervous laugh. "You just look like someone I used to know."

"... mm. Well, come on, then."

The park you eventually come to isn't one you normally visit; it's full of old guys playing shogi, and if there's one thing old guys playing shogi hate, it's chatterbox little girls playing shogi. Ruins the vibe.

But you're not here to fuck with people today.

"Okay, introductions, likes and dislikes, and dreams for the future," Asuma says, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and tapping one loose. "Let's start with you, dogboy."

"Awright!" Kiba says. "I'm Inuzuka Kiba, and this is Akamaru." The puppy barks cheerfully. "I like beef jerky, goin' camping with Akamaru, hanging out with my friends, and rifles." Asuma's eyebrows rise at that, but Kiba goes on, oblivious: "I hate stuck-up idiots who think being from a noble clan makes them better, recoil, the way cheaper guns sorta jump to one side when you pull the trigger, the fact that you hafta keep reloadin' 'em, and any food that isn't chewy. My dream is for me an' Akamaru to become elite jounin."

That's weird. Why do you feel kinda hungry when you see Asuma-sensei light up?

"I'm Kuwabara Ami," Ami says at Asuma's nod. "Very pleased to make your acquaintance, Asuma-sensei. I like millefeuille cake with Ceylon tea, kenjutsu, enka music, romance novels, going to the theatre, shopping, and... Uchiha Sasuke." She blushes, but her expression dares any of you to make somethin' of it. Kiba feigns gagging.

Your fingers twitch. Maybe if you ask for one he'll be cool with it. I mean, sometimes they let genin into bars, right?

"I hate uncivilized people," Ami adds, glaring at Kiba, "and Uchiha Itachi. My dreams are to found my own kenjutsu school, marry Sasuke after he kills his brother, and help him restore the Uchiha Clan."

... mm? Oh, it's your turn.

[X] Write-in, Like A Thief.

Not sure what to write in but we should introduce ourselves in at least 4 different voices.

Can we even do Asuma's yet, thought we were too young for that still.

Redon said:
Can we even do Asuma's yet, thought we were too young for that still.

*shrug* You can try. I'll have ya roll for it if you want.

If any of you had a Zantetsuken from finding the shout-outs, you could use it for stuff like this. Hint, hint.

FurikoMaru said:
Also, if you spot two more shoutouts, references or quotes, you get a shiny one-time-use Zantetsuken to slash at problems obstructing an option you want to do well. For instance, if you want to have a troll moment but want to be sure that won't fuck you over.

Gimme three specific instances or more, and I'll hand over the hisatsu.

Uchibi Clan reference, reference to the Heavy of Team Fortress, and I think I'd have to look again for the third. The first are the ones I remember clearly.

Hey, the Uchibi reference was in an Author's Note post, not in-story. : P

>_> Pierre Trudeau. Wow Asuma, if that saying has any of the connotations in Fire Country that it does for us you don't exactly have a high opinion of Ino's character do you?

EDIT: Though come to think of it, Ino could probably use Nixon's famous catchphrase.

Jans said:
>_> Pierre Trudeau. Wow Asuma, if that saying has any of the connotations in Fire Country that it does for us you don't exactly have a high opinion of Ino's character do you?

EDIT: Though come to think of it, Ino could probably use Nixon's famous catchphrase.

Daaaaaaaamn, I won't give ya a Zantetsuken for that alone, but how about a brofist?

Maa, but 'I've been called worse' was already a common phrase before Trudeau added the rather cutting second half. Rest assured Asuma was not implying Ino's a scumbag. ^_^;

*Pounds it.*

The cake and tea part is a Trigun reference, either Milly or Meryl says it at one point. The other one is bothering the back of my brain but...

EDIT: Frak. I want to say it has something to do with Kiba's gun line, its really jumping out at it, can't put my finger on it though.

You can look in previous snips, dude, there aren't actually three shoutouts in every post I make. XD

Oh! I thought you meant in that one specifically. XD

EDIT: Continuing the theme, Kennedy. "Let the word go forth from this time and place"

Which... actually makes that scene a whole lot funnier. Did it snag us the Kiba flag? Or at least the Kiba teammate flag?

Actually, looking back through posts for fun and to track down the shout-outs I spotted, but does "My Mom will end you," count as a Firefly reference?

Never heard it myself before Firefly, I think. But that's just me.

[x]Yamanaka Ino the Fifth! My likes include, but are not limited to, practicing my various crafts and testing my skills. My dislikes would be... mysteries that I haven't resolved yet, I think. And as to my dream? NOt a dream, but a certainty - to become the best I can become, and to get there with my friends.

I think this is fairly IC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back