• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
There was an interruption at that point, involving the Team Rocket duo from the night before breaking through the ceiling to steal the performer's pokemon, or something of that nature.

But then it turned out Agatha of the Elite Four (and a whole lot of other things, because she's a Kanto league official and that's always messy) was in the crowd, and made exceedingly short work of them.

Clemont wasn't sure they even got through their motto before Agatha's Gengar sent them flying.
You clowns try to interfere with Agatha's free time?

SHADOW BALL TO THE FACE!!!
"I'm so, so sorry I missed your first Showcase!" Brendan cries, real tears pouring down his face. "My flight was late and then I got lost and I ended up at the League Gate instead, and I can't figure out how I can make it up to you! I'll run laps around the Sky Pillar if that's what it takes to make you smile!"

"Ah," Clemont, Ash, and their partners all think in unison, "He's stupid."
He himbo, on training arc to get MEAT.
"Uh…you're not supposed to be here?" Ash asks, concern in his voice. He worries more than Clemont really expected him to.
What laws did you break, boys? Did you try to sneak banned Pokemon into Galar?
A little Wooper continues to hobble on.

"Big friend!!!! You walk too fast!!!!!!!!"
Keep hobbling along, Friend! Big Friend will surely notice you if you sit on his face while he's sleeping! And then you get to wake him up with a lil dopey smile!

There's something amusing about Agatha watching showcases in her free time given her characterization is usually a tough as nails veteran trainer.

Then again, pretty boys performing with their pokemon is a universal appeal lol

I imagine when Giovanni hears that the TRio attacked Viridian, his city, twice he's going to be really pissed at them.

Viridian Forest - 1
Viridian Forest is, as its name implies, green. Very green, and, for lack of a better term, most certainly forested.

This is unfortunate, seeing as Clemont is, for all intents and purposes, a city boy. Working on the ranch with Oak was the closest he's ever gotten to 'in the wilderness', and his body still aches just remembering it.

So it's a massive relief that Ash seems to know where he's going and what he's doing, even as they go along strange paths instead of roads.

"Yeah, Viridian and Pewter do have road connections, but traveling alongside the roads and highways is kind of dangerous - so trainers typically prefer to go through the Forest!" He says with a smile, referring to information from a magazine he'd read. "It's traditional, plus you get to see lots of pokemon!"

Redd cheers from his shoulder. "Pu-ra!"

He and Ninnu were enjoying the journey into the wilderness more than they enjoyed the city, it seemed. By now, all of the Plusle's aches were gone - and with no sign of the strange power from before, seemed just fine.

The sounds of all the pokemon around them are loud, but not oppressive or frightening. It's…

Nice.

Though, Clemont can't help a strange niggle at the back of his head that they're being followed. But there doesn't seem to be anything to it whenever he turns back.

While Clemont keeps turning around to check what might be behind them, Ash instead looks forward. Eyes searching the canopy and the tree branches. Eventually, Clemont notices.

"…So are you looking for something?" He asks, after a little bit of this.

"Oh, yeah!" Ash says with a smile, "I've heard there are lots of cool pokemon out here. Rare ones like Pikachu -"

"Ra." There's a warning spark from Redd.

"- which is redundant!" Ash continues, "But also good flying and bug types! Pidgey and Caterpie, of course, but when regional trade opened up a lot of pokemon from other places started living here too!"

Clemont can't help his own smile, hearing Ash's excitement. "You know a lot about your home, Ash. I'm impressed! A lot of trainers don't think about this stuff."

Ash stops for a moment, before shrugging. "I did a lot of magazine reading, when I thought I wouldn't get the chance."

Ah.

Good job stepping in it, Clemont.

Eventually, they manage to find a clear enough spot in the woods to stop for a break. Firstly, because Clemont is absolutely exhausted, and secondly because it's a few hours past lunchtime and if they're going to continue making good time, they should eat and have energy.

While cooking food, Clemont can't get his thoughts off of Ash's talk about finding pokemon to catch. Surely, he could build some sort of machine -

But he didn't have the parts, and inventing something to handle things would just…

It would lead to an explosion, a mess, and trouble. And trouble wasn't something he needed to cause anyone anymore, not when he'd already made enough trouble for his father and Ash and others.

Thus, better things. Like sandwiches.

Clemont was a good cook, but for a late lunch in the woods, simple sandwiches on fresh bread would more than suffice. He typically liked simple ones with cheese and butter, but getting good quality of either in Kanto was…

Hard.

But he had plenty of ingredients to make something nice with only a bit of chopping and layering.

Meanwhile, in another part of the clearing, Ash was going to try and train Redd. Or, rather, try something out with him.

"So…" He says, tossing the Tera Orb he got back in Viridian up and down, "How does this work?"

"Query!" Dexter says, deploying himself excitedly. "How do Tera Orbs work? Answer - Tera Orbs use Tera Energy to awaken new powers within a pokemon. For many pokemon, this is further increasing the power of their base types, but for others, it awakens a new type!"

Ash's eyes go wide, Redd copying him with equally shining eyes. "Cool…How do we know what Redd has?"

"Inconclusive! I lack the technology to analyze a Tera Type currently. Only testing can give us answers currently!"

And they both deflate immediately.

Ash sighs, before getting some spunk back. "Alright, guess we just need practice with it! How often can I use it?"

"Answer - Tera Orbs use Tera Energy, which must recharge. Tera Energy was originally thought to only be found in Paldea, even surging out of the ground in the form of crystals. However, recent research shows that Kanto and Johto have enough Tera Energy to support Terastalization!" Dexter excitedly explains. "The Orb will recharge over time! The amount of time it takes is inconclusive."

"Huh! That's pretty convenient. Thanks, Dexter!"

"I am happy to serve Masters Ash and Clemont!" Dexter replies, with a bit of buzzing happiness in its tone.

Now, if this were Clemont, he'd be mildly concerned about the amount of autonomy and personality the Dexter AI had. But this is Ash, so he's just enjoying the company.

"Alright, Redd!" Ash calls over to his Plusle, "Let's give this a shot!"

What happened next could only be described as an absolute clusterfuck.

Or an "absolute mess" if one were to find themselves in polite company.

Ash activates the Tera Orb, and is almost immediately overwhelmed by the gathering energy. It nearly knocks him off of his feet as it drags in more and more power - so when he does toss it, it goes wide as he falls forward.

Then, as it soars through the air, fast and off track, it flies for Redd like a bullet. So of course, the little mouse panics - and smacks his tail into it, knocking it out of the park like a batter with a ball.

The Tera Orb then sails through the air, and with a loud CRACK, it completely shatters a tree branch…

Knocking the pokemon that was resting on it to the ground with a soft scream.

"MIRU-!"

"Crap!" Ash yelps as he quickly runs over to check on the injured pokemon. It's a small thing, a little caterpillar with a yellow head and a leaf around its neck.

Dexter immediately slips out of Ash's pocket once more. "Sewaddle, the Sewing Pokemon! It chews leaves to make clothes for itself and others. It is popular amongst fashion designers!"

"Dexter, thanks, but not now…" Ash says with a sigh.

Dexter beeps in acknowledgement and slides into Ash's pocket once more as he checks on the Sewaddle.

"Kuru…" It whines. It looks at the branch it was resting on forlornly, and the leaves it was eating completely scattered and crushed under the flight of the Tera Orb.

Ash melts a little. "Hey, chin up little guy. If you'd like, you can have food with us to make up for it?"

Sewaddle tilts his head, his gloomy expression lifting slightly. "Kuru-ru...?"

He brings the little bug type over to the table where Clemont was setting out sandwiches, the blond having already made a little plate of food for the Sewaddle while the mess was going on. He had a feeling Ash would offer, so it helped to prepare.

Clemont also had food for the rest of the team.

…Even the Fearow in the Ultra Ball he caught yesterday. But he's going to worry about that big ball of drilling murder later.

When presented with the food, Sewaddle perks up more and starts to eat. The little guy eats slowly, carefully, pausing at times to look around - as if expecting the universe to take its meal away. But Ash comforts him, and soon everyone is finished.

Except the murder drill bird. Still a future Clemont problem.

But then it might starve.

Ugh. Current Clemont problem…

Leaving Ash with the rest of the pokemon, Clemont goes over to a corner of the area and carefully sets out a full sandwich, and then carefully pulls out the Ultra Ball.

"....Okay, come out." He says, carefully tossing the ball and letting it open, revealing the Fearow that had tried to murder them.

Luckily, he doesn't assault Clemont as he's freed. The huge flying type stares at Clemont with a sharp, deadly glare, as if biding his time.

The blond just pushes the food towards him. Carefully, with his foot.

"Here. I uh…I know you don't like me, but I don't want you to starve. So…eat, please?"

Fearow's eyes narrow…before he picks up a huge sandwich chunk, and eats it in one swallow.

Y'know what, that works. "...Alright, all good then!"

By the time he gets back to Ash, the gloomy little bug type was cuddling into the boy's arms.

"Clemont, look!" He says, holding up a pokeball in his other hand. "This is Ewer, and he's going to come with us! He decided he likes me!"

…Which honestly, doesn't surprise Clemont at all at this point.

What does surprise him, after they finish eating, is another person entering the clearing. A boy, a little older than them. Maybe mid teens, with black hair that's almost shaped like a flame, and dressed wearing a yellow shirt under a Charizard-orange hoodie.

"Uhh…excuse me," The voice says. "Is this yours?"

The boy then holds up the Tera Orb that Redd had launched into the wilderness that both Clemont and Ash had forgotten about.

"Because this seems…kind of expensive to lose in the woods."

Ash runs up and takes it, bowing awkwardly. "Ah, geeze! Thanks man! I completely forgot, I would have just left without it!"

He flushes, rubbing the back of his head. "N-no problem."

"Why don't you sit with us and eat, as thanks?" Ash offers. "I'm Ash, and that's Clemont!"

"…Alain," He offers. Then, he blinks. "Wait, Clemont…? As in the Electric Gym Leader?"

"Alain?!" Clemont exclaims, "As in Professor Sycamore's son?!"

Ash sweat drops. "Hoo-boy…"

"Pu-ra…"

"Kuru…"

Duude offers no commentary, because he has still yet to notice that someone has joined the group. Or at least, he doesn't seem to have.

Or maybe he's just hungry.

Introductions proceed from there, with Clemont explaining his Kanto sabbatical to take on a journey of his own.

Alain then explains his own reason for being in Kanto - helping with his adopted father's research into Mega Evolution.

"Mega Evolution, as a phenomenon, was discovered in Kalos," He explains. "It's a method by which fully evolved pokemon can achieve greater power. For some reason, this is incredibly common amongst pokemon native to Kanto, so I came here to investigate and gather pokemon for research."

He then smiles a bit, rubbing the head of his Charmander.

"And to challenge the League, too. I want to prove the power of Mega Evolution over everything."

Ash smirks a little, tossing his Tera Orb up and down. "Well, we'll see about that. I'm challenging the League, too! And I've got Terastal on my side!"

Alain's eyes sharpen. "Mega Evolution is clearly superior! Pure power, with new ways to master your own tools, any pokemon would kill for that!"

"And Terastal is the power Clemont gave to me, so it can stand up to anything!!" Ash counters, grinning.

Clemont looks down at Ninnu to hide his neon red face, the minus-rat sat in his lap. "…Should I tell them that neither of them has used either of those, or just let them go at it?"

"Mi!"

Clemont shrugs, and tosses another chunk of sandwich to his Fearow (who he really needs to name). Best not to interrupt them.

"Fine then!" Both black haired boys say, pointing at one another. "A battle to prove who's on top!!"

"…and it was such a nice lunch, too…" Clemont says with a sigh. "Couldn't they at least make it sound less weird?"

FREE FROM VIRIDIAN CITY!

...Now into Viridian Forest.

Here's hoping I can get to Brock before September ends, like I hoped. One year to get to one gym feels a little ridiculous, I'm not gonna lie ;w;

Btw, here's Alain. He's here because I have to be nice, and Ash deserves boys to be into him just as much as Clemont.

Oh nice, Alain's here. Now, to see if it's as a rival or as a new traveling companion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back