• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Ask For
-[X] "Well, I seem to have picked up a curse keeping me from getting any booze. That vial is somehow linked to lifting the curse. Get me cured of the curse, and I'll agree to your deal, WITH rights of refusal."

Cauldron DOES sell vials for straight cash, they ask favors from those who can't afford the fee outright. We're Fae, natural born hagglers. Let's show it.

You know, we didn't need to actually keep/store Lung's tear... Maybe just holding the vial for a second or two would count... and if it does, we can use the favor for the brewery, while making off with 1/3 of our cure for free (now THAT is a move worthy of a Fae).

We should have asked to inspect the vial before confirming it's what we wanted...

Last edited:
You know, we didn't need to actually keep/store Lung's tear... Maybe just holding the vial for a second or two would count... and if it does, we can use the favor for the brewery, while making off with 1/3 of our cure for free (now THAT is a move worthy of a Fae).

I doubt that would be enough. more likely we either need to own it, or actually drink the thing.

[x] Vial

So, how do we break the curse once we get the stuff? Does just holding it count, or do we actually have to drink it?

So, how do we break the curse once we get the stuff? Does just holding it count, or do we actually have to drink it?

no clue. we'll find out when we get the next update. but unfortunately we still have one piece left to go. while bones of a nightmare sounds like it might involve the Endbringers, I'm thinking we might be able to get something from Night's monster form... of course, getting her to say... cut off one of her pinkies? not going to be easy, and there's no guarantee that it would work.

[X] Vial

Lots of people are nightmares. Just chop a finger off one of the 9 or something.

[X] Vial
I would guess that we have to use it as a catalyst/ingredient in a magical spell. Otherwise it will just go and give us a shard (without affecting the curse).

As I recall, once we blew up Lung's dick, and made him cry, as soon as we saw the tear, there was a 'click' in our soul.

This implies to me that curse will lift itself once all the ingredients are collected. That or the counter-curse spell will just be the finishing touches.

Also changing vote:

[X] Ask For
-[X] "Well, I seem to have picked up a curse keeping me from getting any booze. That vial is somehow linked to lifting the curse. Get me cured of the curse, and I'll agree to your deal, WITH rights of refusal."

Contessa should pick things up from there.

[X] Metahumanity
-[X] I see a bunch of perfectly normal people, even if some of them have some weird dietary needs.

[X] Toxic Spirit
-[X] Kill it! Kill it with fire! and the guy who called it too!

[x] Murphy
-He's a little piece of shit

[x] Metahumanity
-[X] I see a bunch of perfectly normal people, even if some of them have some weird dietary needs.

[X] Toxic Spirit

"Do any of these mean anything to you?"
[X] "All of them." (wait for further prompting)

And that's how you answer an question in it's entirety, without telling a single thing. Dr. Mother never asked what they were, just if we knew anything about them.

[X] Murphy
-[X] That flying rat drank all my booze!

I think we're supposed to pick one.

[x] Metahumanity

[X] Toxic Spirit

Just sayin' ;p

[X] Murphy
[x] Metahumanity
[X] Toxic Spirit

[X] Murphy
[x] Metahumanity
[X] Toxic Spirit

[X] Yes
-[X] it's pretty simple really. it may sound nasty, but ghouls can feed of the flesh of a corpse. as long as it's fairly fresh, it'll work. Oh! and no cloning, it doesn't work at all, and no one knows why other than it just being 'magic'.

from what I remember of ghouls in shadowrun, this'll work, and get us out of our first favor.

IIRC ghoulism has been around for thousands of years with no one managing to find a solution to it. Do we really want to commit ourselves to an impossible cause?

[x] I really don't have the time right now

[X] Yes
-[X] it's pretty simple really. it may sound nasty, but ghouls can feed of the flesh of a corpse. as long as it's fairly fresh, it'll work. Oh! and no cloning, it doesn't work at all, and no one knows why other than it just being 'magic'.

from what I remember of ghouls in shadowrun, this'll work, and get us out of our first favor.

Getting rid of favors is good, but how are you going to get the corpses?

[X] Yes

Me: choose one.
You: ALL OF THEM!
Me:...
The next chapter will cover the rest.
You didn't tell us to choose one, you told us to choose. There were some amongst us who thought you might have meant choose one, but you never confirmed it one way or the other.

Last edited:
[X] Yes
-[X] Or you could do shoot on sight and things like that. Won't help as much with the vampires and the like who are smarter and can see properly, but some people just like shooting.

[X] Yes

I wonder if Nilbog's creatures will finally come in handy?

[X] More

Soooo... we're opening a factory producing Soylent Green for Ghouls? interesting...

[x] More
-[x] Talk about what magic actually is, what it can do, and what it can't.
-[x] Offer to make out with the Navigator.

Fedoras turn me on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back