• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Other
-[X] Surrender. We do not have the skill to beat such a cunning foe.
-[X] Go back to reading the book

[X] Try and lay a cunning trap
-[X] Get help from your allies like the Hollow Man

Changed vote

[X] Other
-[X] Check ourselves over for fiendish treachery!

Last edited:
[X] Other
-[X] Surrender. We do not have the skill to beat such a cunning foe.
-[X] Go back to reading the book

This doesn't make any sense, you and your dad both see something different on the book so something magical is going on here. You try dispelling the book repeatedly but nothing about it seems to change, much to your increasing frustration. You look up at your dad and try to see if there is a spell cast on him but again you find nothing. You cast a few quick dispels on him as well but again nothing. You don't know how that son of a bitch is pulling this off but the last laugh will be yours! And by that you mean you will be laughing over his smoldering corpse!
*GASP* He must have placed a spell on us!

[X] Other
-[X] Check ourselves over for fiendish treachery!

[X] Try and lay a cunning trap
-[X] Pretend to surrender. We do not have the skill to beat such a cunning foe.
--[X] Plan your trap while pretending to read the book.

We will out betray the Betrayer!

[X]demonstrate your inability to lie to your dad

Well that was a great catch by subsider34 we now have to decide what to do about him. I'm split between tracking him down and laying a trap for him, I think tracking is a better idea because if he sees us laying a trap he might just stay away and laugh at us, or turn it against us.

[X] Try and track him down

[X] Try and lay a cunning trap for him
-[X] Trap the first trap so when the first trap fails he will still get caught in the trap

[X] Other
-[X] keep reading the terrible book.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember what Lisa/Tattletale was called by Taylor? I think this is when she would be useful. Well here is my temporary plan, if anyone can think of another one let me know.

[X] Other - Begin building the box trap, but then realize that several of your employees have abilities that might let them either spot Gremthaxel or help you build a better trap
-[X] tell them about the first layer of the trap and ask for help making it, while keeping those with good senses in the area with your wonderful conversation, if anyone realizes that the other layers exist make sure they don't give anything away but let them help.

Nice chapter, the humor was pretty good throughout.
A edit:
"So I need to burrow your fifty feet of rope."
burrow --> borrow

"Get off my dick," she replies. "I don't see you with any fucking rope or whatever the fuck a waterskin is."
Also it looks like Transporter might be a bit angrier with Taylor, maybe she should spend more time with the Transporter sometime soon.

I think having one of our named minions do it would be more fun for the character interactions. I couldn't decide what one to use so I'm just voting to use whatever one can't come up with an excuse to not go.

[X] Have one of your named minions do it
-[X] The first one you can find who isn't doing anything important.

[X] Have one of your nameless minions do it

Somehow the correct version of the book is even more boring than the Gremthaxel version. Apparently it isn't normal for you to impale mutinous employees on pikes like Gremthaxel tried to lead you to believe.
Oh, man I'm already regretting picking up on that spell. Gramthaxel's version sounds like a fantastic textbook.

Last edited:
[X] Have one of your named minions do it
-[X] The first one you can find who isn't doing anything important.

[X] Act suspicious

Gandalf showed great innovation in figuring out a way to benefit from Taylor's quest. What a good apprentice! She does need to be careful to actually pay for the ropes though, otherwise she would have lied, and Taylor would have to teach her about respecting her Master.

As soon as you walk out the door you remember that you forgot to ask the Construct about her sleepy gas. You spin around and march back through the door before asking, "Hey I need some of your sleep gas, for reason."
for reason --> for reasons

[X] Act suspicious

Little fucker, Bugs Bunnying, like that.

[X]Panic! Your cunning plans have been discovered by the enemy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back