• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Try to use your shared sobriety to induce empathy

I do not know how dwarves work in this setting, but I do not think that any of those options would be a good idea. The dwarves do not like being sober, so reminding them about it will piss them off. Intimidating or flattering them will not work since they are stubborn. I do not believe that dwarves enjoy diplomacy. We need to do something different.

My suggestion is to act like a merchant. I think that the dwarves would be open to behaving better in exchange for gold or something.

[X] Other
- [X] Dwarves are stubborn, so talking to them will not do much. Instead of being a diplomat, you will approach them as a merchant looking for opportunities to trade.Start by telling them that you need a place to keep your gold safe and that they could keep some in exchange for protecting it. See what else they have to offer.We have plenty of money, so we can afford to buy their good will.

We can also get them to build things for us like a mine in the mountains, but that is for later.

[X] Other
- [X] Dwarves are stubborn, so talking to them will not do much. Instead of being a diplomat, you will approach them as a merchant looking for opportunities to trade.Start by telling them that you need a place to keep your gold safe and that they could keep some in exchange for protecting it. See what else they have to offer.We have plenty of money, so we can afford to buy their good will.

Can't we challenge the chief dwarf to a dual to the Death in exchange for leadership of their gangs?

Just in case the the talks break down to aggressive diplomacy.

[X] Other
-[X] barter brewing information from your awesome book for whatever you want from them. I'm sure they would be thrilled to have knowledge from a god of booze that lives in our soul to improve their beer

[X] Click

That's a lot worse than I expected. Make everything explode right now.

[X] Stay calm Taylor stay calm
They know some of our pain. We can try to talk them over.

-[X] if the Chieftain can't be reasonably...then fuck it Challenge him to a dual for ownership of his clan.

Smyter, DEVONIV, Tamzar ,Why the hells are we clicking? we can still turn this around now that we have the fun book...

The book that can create the greatest booze in existence!

Nobody has to die!

We don't need to start a war.

Last edited:
Smyter, DEVONIV, Tamzar ,Why the hells are we clicking? we can still turn this around now that we have the fun book...

The book that can create the greatest booze in existence!

Nobody has to die!

We don't need to start a war.
The explosions would be pretty and the booze-destroying machine would be gone before some Dwarf can make a horrible mistake.

The explosions would be pretty and the booze-destroying machine would be gone before some Dwarf can make a horrible mistake.
...we would be setting a bad precedent with future rivals and plus we would be kinda committing genocide....

we have no allies in the bay and I feel that the truce is on thin ice with the PRT/Protectorate.

Do you want to us to be Allies with the Angry dwarves or the Angry Nazis?

Think about the future and if chieftain tries to screw us.... Click.

-[x] Show them the magic brewing book, maybe it has a recipe for booze that gets dwarves drunk!

[X] Make sure to root out any remaining heretics

Yay! We gained "Friend of Angry dwarves." As a achievement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back