• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Defeat Does Not Exist (Cobra Kai SI)

Book 2 - Chapter 5 New
Chapter Five: Esqueletos

"Como va el karate?"

Miguel Diaz was eating dinner with his grandmother Rosa, and his mother Carmen.

Miguel nodded, swallowing after chewing. "Good, overall pretty good."

"I'm still not approving of any violence, but if it's safe, then it's fine." Carmen muttered.

Miguel smiled. "Well, no one ever really gets injured."

"Digame cuando conseguis una novia con el karate."

Miguel chuckled at his Yaya's question about girlfriends.

"What Halloween costume do you want?" asked Carmen.

"Uh, Sensei Kreese already chose one for all of us."

"Ooh, a group costume?"

"Sort of, we'll all be wearing the same thing and he said it might've been a tradition. He knew his old students used to wear it, so he suggested it."

Carmen smiled. "Well tell him we appreciate it."

After dinner, Carmen muttered under her breath.

"Coño." She realized she forgot how overflowing her trash can was. "Miggy, sacas la basura?"

He nodded, exiting his room, with his headphones in. "Uhh, yes ma."

Outside, Miguel was throwing away the garbage when he found Johnny doing the same.

Before they walked past each other, Johnny spoke. "Wait. Hey kid."

He took his headphones out. "Yeah?"

"I saw you walking off with an old guy a few months back. Short hair, sorta tall."

"What about him?"

"You still keep in touch with him?"

Miguel nodded. "Yeah. He's my karate Sensei."

Johnny looked around the apartment complex. "We need to talk."

Since it was dark out, cars with their headlights on drove past the street nearby.

"Wait, you're Johnny Lawrence?"

"Yup." Johnny sipped his Coors Banquet as Miguel drank soda. "Guess we're neighbors."

"So, you used to be Sensei's student."

Johnny sighed. "Wish I wasn't. I gotta tell you something about your Sensei."

"I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to want to hear this."

"Well, you need to. I was part of the team in the 80s, and got into all sorts of trouble back in the day with my buds. They were good times."

Miguel was now happier to listen.

"One night out with them, I met this girl, her name was Ali Mills, we went out for a bit, madly in love. Later, we broke up, and this kid from Jersey popped up."

Miguel kept listening.

"To make a long story short, I end up fighting this kid at the All Valley karate tournament."

"Cause of the girl?"

"Cause we hated each other." Johnny shrugged and wiped the beer off his lip. "Tons of other reasons too."

"Like?"

"Doesn't matter. The point is, I lost, Cobra Kai held the All Valley title for two years, and I lost my final match. Now, John Kreese never liked losing of course. But he always was hard on me for losing matches in general. Very hard."

Miguel watched him calmly.

"After I lost that title bout, he damn near killed me."

Johnny's eyes were almost bulging out of his head as John Kreese choked him.

Johnny pointed slightly. "If it wasn't for that Jersey kid's Sensei."

Miyagi freed Johnny from Kreese's grasp, pushing him aside.

"I might've died."

Miguel finished his soda quietly.

"Look, guys like that don't change. He was a dirtbag then, and he probably is one now. People like him, aren't worth the risk of trusting."

"You really think Cobra Kai can't change?"

Johnny shrugged. "It was a shit idea to begin with. That's why I run my own karate dojo with Robby called Steel Eagle."

"Robby Keene?"

"He's my son."

Miguel's eyes widened.

"We train on our own mostly, don't have enough money to open up our own place. But Robby made it to the semis at the last All Valley. We get to enjoy the karate without any of the nasty history, and I get to train my kid."

Miguel nodded. "Why would you get back into karate in the first place then?"

Johnny explained. "Ali's kid got me back into it after he moved here from Denver last year."

Miguel threw away the soda can in the nearby garbage dumpster. "Thanks. For, everything."

Johnny merely nodded in response.

A new student, with braided corn rows and long hair, was slammed onto the mat at the Cobra Kai dojo.

Miguel had hit him with a round kick and a back fist.

"Fine work Mr. Diaz."

"I appreciate it Sensei, thanks."

Kreese could tell Miguel was off but had no idea why.

Aisha patted the new student's shoulder when he sat down next to her, everyone sitting cross legged around the mat. "Good hustle Edwin."

"Thanks." he muttered grumpily.

Kreese stepped into the middle of the mat. "Does anyone else want to challenge Mr. Diaz? He only has a few more months of experience than the rest of you." Kreese sighed. "Fear does not exist here everyone." he added.

Bert looked at Mitch, Aisha was still sore after her last spar with Miguel minutes prior.

"Alright. I suppose a few dozen laps will clear your heads. Ais!"

After their runs, Miguel stayed after class.

Edwin, Bert, Aisha, and Mitch all left after practicing forward strikes, and Kreese spoke to Miguel.

"Everything alright Diaz?"

Miguel shrugged, stuffing his dirty clothes into his gym bag.

"Everything's fine."

"Doesn't sound like it."

He sighed.

"Turns out Johnny Lawrence lives in my building." he stood up and looked Kreese in the eye. "Told me what you did the night he lost the tournament."

Kreese was frozen for a moment.

"How could you do that to him?"

Kreese looked aside, and then back at Miguel. "I went overboard."

"You think?"

"But it's important to note." Kreese raised his voice slightly, standing on the mat in his instructor's GI. "That Cobra Kai was and still is all I'll ever have."

"What are you talking about?"

Kreese rubbed his face.

"Look after I got back home from 'Nam, I didn't find anything else for work but to teach karate. That still stands today. Miyagi and LaRusso, they shot down any hope I ever had to make Cobra Kai reach superstardom."

Miguel frowned, listening.

"The boys deserved it, they deserved that chance. They had, a very bright future ahead of them." Kreese shook his head a bit. "What does Miyagi deserve, for shooting that future down?"

"But Johnny Lawrence was only what. Seventeen, what did he deserve?"

"Son you have to understand. That night was the end of Cobra Kai for me, the end of my life it felt. Without the dojo, I had nothing."

Miguel glanced towards the backroom. "Is that why you live here?"

Kreese nodded slightly. "For now."

"Explain."

"That scuffle with Kyler Park set me back a lot of money, I also owe money to someone who helped open this place. Even if I teach two full classes full time, I'll have to work for the rest of my life to pay them back."

Miguel was surprised. "You think that's worth it?"

"No price is too small to pay for victory."

Miguel nodded slightly.

Kreese approached him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I've trained the best, watched the best win. And you're better than the best son, not just when it comes to karate. You'll go farther than Johnny Lawrence or I ever did."

"Cobra Kai changes your life. For the better, for the better." insisted Kreese. "Ask yourself kid, were you the same person you were when you first joined?"

Miguel knew the answer.

"No Sensei."

"Ask yourself who you want to be based on what you know. I know you'll make the right choice."

Miguel bowed slightly and Kreese bowed back, then, Miguel left.

At West Valley High School the next day, Counselor Blatt was holding a mandatory bullying PSA in the cafeteria that no one really cared about.

"Remember, it's important that all our costumes at the Halloween dance, and words to our classmates, are all politically and sensitively correct. A mountain lion is always wary of another's safe space."

Kyler smirked from his table, texting Sam at her table with Yasmine and Moon as well as other cheerleaders.

Sam checked her phone as Counselor Blatt continued speaking into her microphone.

You look so hot today! ;)

Sam frowned, texting without looking back at Kyler.

Please don't hit me up like that, it makes me uncomfortable.

Kyler was confused at the message, texting back quickly.

Gurl, what?

Sam then blocked his number immediately and Kyler could even see her use her phone from a distance to see her do it.

There was a reason for it, and the reason sat just a few tables away.

Lucas Schwarber was sitting bored wearing a black USA Karate sweatshirt chatting very quietly with a smiling Robby Keene. Eli Moskowitz and Demetri Alexopolous sat with them, all four boys chuckling as silently as they could at their table.

Sam caught herself looking in Lucas' direction more than once, and then Counselor Blatt spoke.

"It's important to be courteous and kind to each other, even online. A hurtful word can be just as bad through Instagram or Snapchat, as it might be in person."

Yasmine rolled her eyes, she and Moon were still on their phones, not listening at all.

Lucas got a text from Sam right then and there.

I like your sweatshirt :)

thanks sam

He smiled at her from afar with a thankful nod, returning to his muttered conversation with Robby without another text.

Sam squinted at him, was that it? Where was his compliment in return?

After the assembly, classes resumed.

Miguel and Demetri were lab partners for Biology, and sat with Samantha as they filled out a crossword puzzle to practice for a quiz for Mr. Palmer's class.

"Hey."

"Hey you must be Sam, you just switched periods right?"

"Mhm."

Demetri was pathetically shy when talking to girls, he even rubbed the spot on his elbow when Sam brushed past his arm.

Sam flipped through her notes, filling out the puzzle quietly. "Soo…boring assembly right?"

"Nah. I think it's super important to know the safe spaces and trigger warnings for every single person in the entire school."

Sam laughed quietly at this. "And your name?"

"Miguel. It's nice to meet you."

Sam smiled looking back down at her paper, and she knew Yasmine and her friends were right.

Miguel had noticeably strong arms beneath his long sleeved shirt and looked better ever since starting karate. He just radiated genuine confidence, especially when sitting next to Demetri.

"Miguel, what do you like to do in your free time?"

"The usual. Anime, working out." Miguel shrugged. "Karate."

"I used to love doing karate with my dad. What moves do you know?"

"Just the basics, the roundhouse, the straight punch. My Sensei only likes teaching the fundamentals first."

Sam chuckled. "Mine was the exact same way."

Demetri let them chat for the entire class.

They walked out talking to each other.

"So, I got your Insta?"

Miguel nodded. "Yup, I'll see you around."

"See ya."

Sam smiled as Miguel walked off, and saw how he and Aisha nodded to each other when they crossed paths in the hallway.

"Hey. Haven't heard from you lately."

Aisha hid her disappointment in seeing Sam. "Hey." she faked a smile.

"So, you know Miguel."

"Yeah, we've been in the same karate dojo ever since the start of the semester. You know, we could always use another girl."

Sam nodded and cleared her throat. "Yeah, I think I'm well and truly done with karate."

"You'd rather spend your time with Yasmine?"

Nearby, her and Moon appeared to be exclusively taking selfies together by their lockers every given second.

Sam frowned looking back from them to Aisha. "Why are you saying that like it's a bad thing? It's probably a better idea than hanging out and being friends with only guys."

Aisha brushed right past Sam.

"Wait-"

Aisha was already well and truly gone and Sam sighed.

She was confused why Aisha had even nudged her out of the way a little. Being physically aggressive was something that really confused Sam.

The DJ for the night at West Valley High School's Halloween dance had been slipped a five dollar bill and stopped playing electronic samples.

He played 80s music ballads including Thriller by Michael Jackson, and the gym loved it.

Miguel, Bert, Aisha, Edwin, and Mitch all showed up wearing skeleton onesies through the smoke machine.

"Fuck yeah," Miguel muttered, Mitch chuckling and nodding to him with a fist bump.

Yasmine snickered when Aisha walked past out of earshot. "Isn't she a little too fat to be a skeleton?"

Moon laughed, she Yasmine, and Sam all wore skimpy Lakers girl's' uniforms with matching pom poms.

Lucas walked by with Robby, Lucas had dressed up looking like an actual doctor, and Robby wore Maverick from Top Gun's outfit with an authentic pilot's helmet hanging on his shoulder.

"Sup."

Sam smiled as she instantly stopped frowning from what Yasmine had said. "Hey! I like your costume."

"Thanks, authentic right?" asked Lucas.

"Very authentic," Moon said. "Is that a real stethoscope?"

"It is indeed. These used to be my Gramps' real scrubs too."

Eli, wearing a surgeon's outfit and Demetri a Necromancer's costume both listened shyly to the conversation.

"Feel free to read my heart rate anytime."

Yasmine screeched and laughed, practically tumbling over Moon as the two giggled shrilly at Moon's joke.

Sam's friends were making her frown more and more often it seemed to her.

"It was a joke it was a joke, I swear." Moon saw the wide eyed and surprised expression on Lucas' face.

"Um. Enjoy the dance ladies." Lucas nodded as Robby followed him away from the girls in Laker girls costumes.

"Thanks!" chirped Yasmine.

Sam held her arm shyly as Yasmine muttered lowly to Moon. "Man he is sooo yummy."

"Damn I know." Sam watched Moon say before they kept dancing.

Kyler shook his head, he and his friends all dressed up as pirates for the night. "This 'some bullshit man," he said after seeing all of this.

The night continued, and the songs turned from classic to modern pop.

Eventually, Lucas made his way over to Sam and the two began to dance together.

"Hey doc, wassup?"

"Not much, your costume is kinda." Lucas cleared his throat. "Revealing, in a good way."

Sam laughed behind her hand. "Thanks, I'm glad you like it."

"Are any of your parents chaperoning tonight?"

Sam shook her head. "No! Thank god, could you imagine."

Lucas chuckled. "Your dad's cool honestly."

"Not at something like tonight, I promise, he can be so embarrassing."

Sam could see here and there as they danced that he not only stole glances at her, but the bodies of her friends, Yasmine and Moon.

Between the dark lights and colors of the Halloween dance, it was hard to tell exactly, but she could see the feeling was reciprocated.

Sam was feeling a bit tired of the uncertainty, and before she knew it, she grabbed Lucas by the hand and was leading him away from the dance and toward Mr. Palmer's empty classroom for Biology.

"What are you doing?" asked Lucas.

"I want to show you something!"

Sam could feel her heart racing.

Was this what he wanted? Could her friends stop flirting with or looking at him for more than five seconds!?

Eventually, she led Lucas inside Mr. Palmer's classroom and opened a closet door.

"Wow."

"What do you think?"

"It's, amazing."

Sam had made a DNA helix out of Lego and had stored it for the weekend in Palmer's classroom.

"Easy A right?"

Sam chuckled at Lucas' response. "Definitely. I mean, you're talking to the biggest fan of Legos so."

Sam brushed her hair behind her ear shyly. "Thanks."

Lucas was curious. "Was this, really what you wanted to show me?"

"Yeah." Sam exhaled quickly. "I just, had to get away from the dance for a second. Aisha's sorta mad at me right now, and Yas and Moon make things even harder."

"I get the feeling."

They could hear the muted music of the Halloween dance behind them as they stood in silence alone together.

"Hey Sam."

"Yeah?" she turned to him.

"I'm gonna try something, if you don't like it. Tell me."

She nodded.

Lucas embraced Sam tightly and then kissed her.

They began to make out for a moment, and then leaned slightly against the open closet door.

In the hallway outside, Mitch was drinking from a water fountain as Miguel followed him. "Man, why is it so hard to pick up chicks in a skeleton costume?"

Miguel shrugged. "Guess you must be trying too hard."

Mitch began to go on and then Miguel could see Sam and Lucas together through the classroom door's window.

Mitch's voice brought him down to Earth again. "Miguel? Hey, you good man?"

"I'm, I'm fine."

He was not.

Sam began to breathe rapidly, feeling more nervous than she ever felt in her life when she felt the cold metal of Lucas' stethoscope brush the open patch on her chest through her Laker's girl uniform.

Lucas then rubbed the skin of Sam's bare legs and she almost gasped for a second. The feeling was almost too much, it woke her up completely.

Sam broke away and spoke. "Hey, Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you do this, like," she spoke shyly. "With anyone else?"

"No."

"Not Moon or Yas? Or anyone else on Cheer?"

"No one but you. I mean, you're the second person I've ever kissed."

Sam nodded.

"And you?"

Sam shrugged. "You're my first kiss," she said very shyly.

"Am I doing well?" Lucas smiled, playing with the yellow ribbon in Sam's curly hair.

Sam pushed his hand aside lightly deflecting it and the question. "Luke, you swear you don't make out with anyone else?"

"No. Why is that hard to believe?"

"It just is, sorry."

Lucas felt a bit insulted. "Hold on, you- You mean. You know what?"

He raised his hands and moved away turning around, then walking away out of the classroom and back towards the dance.

"Hey!" said Sam.

The door to Mr. Palmer's classroom closed.

Sam frowned, fixing her hair with a sad frown before she was left alone in the room.

Lucas returned to the dance to see Miguel flirting and dancing with Moon.

Lucas knew it was him, all the other people in skeleton costumes clearly looked different even with the onesie.

Moon was also giggling and speaking his name occasionally.

Lucas shook his head, and Sam was also not happy at the sight when she returned from the classroom.

"Where did you go man?" asked Robby wearing aviator shades

"None of your business. What have you been up to?"

"Currently failing to ask Daenerys Targaryen to dance," said Demetri quietly. "Three, times, over."

All three girls in dragon queen costumes were dancing by themselves nearby the snack table.

Lucas chuckled, turning to them.

"Hey ladies!" They listened to Lucas. "Respectfully speaking. My boys need dance partners, is that okay?"

They smiled and agreed and Eli stayed hidden behind his mask. "Wait, I don't-" he muttered shyly.

"Well there you guys, it's that easy." Lucas chuckled before pushing Eli in their direction.

Robby did not need any encouragement while Demetri winced and inched himself painfully in their direction.

Lucas sighed, turning around to shake his head while Moon appeared, serving herself some punch.

"Whoo! All that dancing sure breaks a sweat." she said.

"I see you've met Miguel Diaz."

"You know him?"

Lucas shrugged. "I know of him."

"How- What does that mean?" asked Moon blankly. "There's no need to be jealous, you could've just asked me to dance earlier."

Lucas scoffed. "Who says I'm jealous?"

"You clearly sound like it."

"That's not even." Lucas shook his head, turning around. "Like-"

A few Halloween dance members gasped, Lucas had accidentally bumped into and spilled punch right on Miguel.

"Crap," Lucas said genuinely. "Sorry man, didn't see you there."

"Miguel!"

The boy in the skeleton outfit and slightly ruined makeup walked off towards the bathroom.

"Luke." Moon said reproachfully.

"What, it was an accident."

A few of the Cobra Kais walked off in Miguel's direction after a short moment.

Miguel was trying to fix his makeup but it was looking completely ruined.

He sighed, his costume was finished, and he began to take it off.

Miguel heard Kyler's voice as he chatted with Brucks, Rory, and their other friend in the locker room nearby.

"Can't believe Sam ghosted you like that man. You were just days away from bone city." Brucks said stupidly.

Kyler sighed. "I know dog, all that hard work for nothing."

"What hard work? You were gonna pull that stupid grandmother's necklace bit that got you tons of tail over in East Valley."

"Whatever man."

Miguel could hear his knuckles crack beneath his costume.

Kyler heard someone walking towards them.

"Oh shit, hey Rhea."

"Still using that nickname huh?" he smiled. "Even though we all know what happened that night?"

Kyler's smirk turned to a frown.

"How's your wrist?"

"What, you want some payback fool?" asked Kyler dumbly.

Miguel mercilessly struck Kyler first and hard the moment he and his friends stood up from around the locker room.

Right in the jaw, he popped him with the same reverse punch Kreese taught him.

He was hit so hard he flew back and hit the metal red locker behind him with a BANG.

Miguel didn't stand there frozen afterward, he took advantage of Brucks, Rory and their pal's surprise and kept striking.

He hit Brucks with a fully powered round kick directly in his round belly, making him keel over.

It was at that point that Rory knew he'd either be next and have to save his friends or face the same fate, so he picked up a nearby lacrosse stick and swung it directly at Miguel's head.

It landed clean on his temple, bruising and disorienting him, knocking him against the wall.

"Nice man!" Brucks wheezed, trying to get his wind back after it was knocked clean out of him.

Before they could recover and gang up on Miguel, three other boys entered the bathroom.

"Yo man what the fuck!?" Mitch saw the scene.

Bert had no idea what he was going to do, but Edwin just had to crack his knuckles under his white gloves and skeleton onesie to announce his presence.

"Oh shit!"

A few seconds later, Kyler wisely decided it would be best to flee the scene, and he and his friends tussled with the Cobra Kais for a second before they ran.

"You alright dude?"

Miguel clapped Mitch's hand, and he nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." he winced, rubbing the bruise on the side of his head. "That was close."

"Anytime, what the hell happened?"

"Just striking first."

Miguel then realized Kreese's lessons had saved both himself and his friends from humiliation.

"Niiice." Mitch nodded. "Why'd you run off in the first place? The dance was getting tight."

"Aw, some nonsense. Some guy knocked punch over me, ruined my costume."

"Well, we were only gonna wear it tonight anyways. Come on, the party's still going."

Miguel then joined his friends back at the Halloween dance, and he even forgot he was supposed to be dancing with Moon for a second.

He smiled and the Cobra Kais just had a good time together, as Bert realized Miguel was not in the best mood and they cheered him up.

"So who knocked that punch over you?" asked Mitch, awkwardly doing the robot.

Miguel shrugged. "We'll worry about it later."

"And I saw your roundhouse on Brucks man, it was brutal. No mercy, nice!"

"Yeah." Miguel smiled widely. "No mercy."

Miguel Diaz hears both sides of the controversy history of Cobra Kai dojo, which Johnny Lawrence offers Miguel a spot on Steel Eagle with new friend Robby Keane from school.
Unfortunately, Cobra Kai isn't short on volunteers for John Kresse ambitious undertaking for Terry silver debts, including a simmering pot of resentment for Aisha between Sam and mean girls. Alongside new kid Miguel Diaz at the dojo.
Unexpectedly, At the School Halloween party Lucas and Sam Larousso get a lot more closer than they ever expected in an unexpected steamy kiss, but Sam as always puts her foot in mouth for all of 5 seconds when doubts about Lucas reaction about Sam from about him his supposed playboy reputation with him having other partners . Really screwed the pooch that Sammy girl , silly girl you had then you lost it ,but Lucss will accept your apology next time.
While Miguel Diaz realizes he lost his shot with Sam Larousso and getting into fight in the bathroom stalls as Miguel Diaz feels better after beating those guys up but Miguel further entrenched himself in Cobra Kai teaching from John Kresse .
Although, Lucas finds himself an new Cobra Kai rivial in Miguel Diaz with a boatload of complications with his meddling in season of Cobra Kai.
Continue on
Cheers!

Last edited:
Book 2 - Chapter 6 New
Chapter Six: No Mercy

"Miggy this karate seems dangerous."

Miguel rubbed the bruise on his temple with a sigh. "It was because of my karate that I didn't get beat up."

"All I know is you shouldn't be getting in fights." said Carmen kindly, Miguel's mother.

Carmen ignored her mother's approval of the karate in Spanish and then Miguel spoke in English.

"Sensei Kreese helped me, I gained friends, strength, confidence."

"And I am so happy for you mi hijo," said Carmen. "But even if you didn't get hurt, this Mr. Kreese does not seem like a safe man or a good mentor."

"You don't know him ma. Without him, I'd be a nobody getting picked on every day at school!" Miguel left the couch.

"Miggy!"

Miguel walked to his bedroom and closed the door.

Carmen turned to Rosa, her mother, who spoke.

"Es la edad." she shrugged.

Carmen silently agreed that it was just Miguel's age, nothing odd.

The next day at West Valley High School, Miguel chatted with Sam at her locker.

"Hey."

Sam smiled. "Heyy…"

"I guess the Halloween dance was kind of weird huh?"

"Yeah, lots of fun costumes," Sam said with a smile, closing her locker.

Miguel cleared his throat. "Your boyfriend spilled some punch on me."

"Luke's not my boyfriend," Sam said before she shrugged, fixing her backpack on her shoulders. "And besides, it was an accident right?"

"Yeah totally. Can we um, hang out in the library after school?" asked Miguel. "We can go over some Bio stuff together."

"That sounds awesome but." Sam winced. "I actually have something I needed to do later."

"Fine."

Sam frowned. "What happened to your face?"

"I bumped my head on a cabinet moving boxes around for my Yaya." Miguel said.

"Oh." Sam didn't buy it at all. "Look, we can hang out some other time."

Miguel was hiding his disappointment. "Yeah, sure."

"See you in class?"

"Yeah." Miguel smiled and nodded back before Sam walked off.

She waved at Lucas in the hall with a smile as she walked down it.

Miguel squinted with one eye at this, balling his fists.

"Sup man?"

Mitch and Bert appeared, Edwin had his nose stuck in a book.

"El Serpiente!" Mitch punched Miguel's shoulder. "You kicked Kyler's ass last Friday man!"

Bert nudged him strongly, looking around the hall.

Mitch cleared his throat, lowering his voice. "I mean. You kicked Kyler's ass last Friday!"

Miguel chuckled. "Thanks Mitch. I honestly couldn't have done it without you guys."

"Maybe you could've," said Mitch. "You had some balls to go up against all four of them, but I couldn't take that risk."

Miguel smiled, sounding like he felt better about his day so far. "I appreciate it a ton."

The Cobra Kai boys then left the hall.

Sam felt a little uncomfortable.

She was wearing her clothes for PE, gym shorts and a grey West Valley Mountain Lions t-shirt.

Moon, Yasmine, and a girl with sandy light brown hair, freckles, and glasses were all sitting behind a plastic white table on a basketball court with a mat out.

Yasmine and Moon smiled, giving her the thumbs up.

A young African American woman in her twenties with a tennis visor sat behind the table as well with a clipboard.

"Usually we don't hold tryouts this late in the semester, but a spot recently opened up as Judy Rubenthal broke her ankle." the coach said, clicking her pen. "First up, Fernanda Wilson."

The girls all tried out one by one and it was then Sam's turn.

It was clear she had no formal training in tumbling, gymnastics, or any sort of cheer, but still possessed more than enough athleticism to learn.

"Thank you all for your time ladies," the coach said. "After convening with my captains, we'll tell you who stayed and who did not."

"Runner up. Maisie Thomas."

The coach smiled. "And first seed, Samantha LaRusso!"

Everyone on the cheer squad, well over sixteen girls all cheered.

Several girls grumpily got off the mat and left, leaving Sam to join her first practice.

Moon and Yasmine screeched, embracing their friend.

Sam smiled and the cheer practice began.

Sam learned how competitive the cheer team actually was, that there was a lot of technique, timing, and in some cases, team work that was involved.

The practice lasted about two hours, and by the end of it, Sam actually had enjoyed herself.

She had only really done one extra curricular, which was karate with her father, and she hadn't done it since she was eight and over eight years prior, so this was new and fun for her.

Sam found that she enjoyed the company of all the girls on the cheer team.

She was already friends with Moon and Yasmine, but the rest were fun albeit sometimes superficial and crass girls.

Lindsay Martin was a Captain, in Sam's year, and had her locker right next to Sam's in the girl's locker room.

Mackenzie Chu wasn't Captain but a junior, and had still competed in cheer since she was young. Her parents were wealthy tech company executives from Korea who had roots in Irvine stretching back decades.

Sam didn't feel nervous or uncomfortable around the girls, on the contrary, the cheer team made her feel at home.

Sighing, Yasmine took off her West Valley High School cheer uniform, put it into her locker, and slipped beneath the shower.

Her and Lindsay chatted quietly, washing themselves down with soap and hot water.

"What a practice," Moon muttered, rubbing her sore legs and back.

"Wait, your dad has that car dealership, right? He, kicks the competition?" asked Mackenzie, fixing her bra before putting a clean shirt on.

Sam nodded. "Uh huh."

"Clever." Mackenzie chuckled.

Yasmine walked over after drying herself off with a towel and wearing just short shorts and a bra, rummaging through her locker. "You did very well for your first day."

Sam smiled. "Thanks!"

"Cheer is not for the faint of heart," Moon said darkly, making Sam and Yasmine chuckled.

Mackenzie tossed her long jet black hair back. "You know that guy who always wears karate stuff? Hangs around that kid with the lip?"

"Luke?" asked Sam. "What about him?"

"Are you dating him?" she asked, rubbing lip stick on using a small hand mirror to help.

Sam froze. "Uh…why do people keep thinking that?"

"Cause you two totally ran off together at the dance," Yasmine muttered. "You acted like I didn't notice since I was Snapping about Fuglisha."

Moon frowned, hiding the upset look on her face when she knelt to put a jacket on out of her locker.

"Really?" Mackenzie gasped, turning around slightly. "Spill!"

Lindsay picked her backpack up. "It's not your business guys, just leave her alone." she said, starting to leave.

"Let her speak for herself damn it," Yasmine said jokingly, the girls chuckling together quietly. "Seriously, how'd it go?"

Lindsay scoffed, leaving. "Later."

Moon waved to her as Sam shrugged. "I don't know, it went. Fine."

"Okay then." Mackenzie put her makeup away, tucking the makeup mirror into her pocket.

"Well I mean, he's a pretty good kisser."

"Daaaamn!" Yasmine laughed.

Mackenzie nodded. "Alright then." she smiled a bit.

Sam realized that slipped out faster than she meant to.

"Fuglisha." Sam frowned at Mackenzie's chortle. "That's pretty clever. Man, is that why everyone started calling her cheeto pig?"

"You could tell it was her in that skeleton costume." Yasmine shrugged.

Sam quietly walked out.

"The timing on that little bitch's story." Aisha was stretching on the mat of Cobra Kai.

Mitch shrugged. "So then just walk up to her and break her fake ass nose."

"I can't," said Aisha. "She made sure to post it when everyone had already left the dance. It's like she knew I couldn't do anything about it when I got back to school and all the teacher's were around."

"Fall in."

Kreese walked out, and everyone stood up, paying attention.

Only a thin boy named Dieter had joined the dojo after hearing about the Halloween dance locker room fight, making Kreese's total number of students six.

Kreese spoke quietly, looking at his line of karatekas calmly.

"In this dojo, earning your white belt means you've proven you're a true Cobra Kai. Class, please welcome the first white belt in Cobra Kai since a very long time. Miguel Diaz."

He walked out from the backroom quietly in a white Cobra Kai GI.

Miguel took his spot and Aisha smiled and nodded to him.

"He showed no mercy to a group of people who bothered him." said Kreese with pride. "Let it be known. Every single one of you holds that right."

Mitch smiled and nodded. "If an ant gets on your food." Kreese shrugged. "Feel free to squish it. No mercy." he added, squinting at the class.

"Begin."

Miguel warmed everyone up with forward strikes and then got to work.

Kreese trained everyone in sparring, grappling, and striking form.

After an hour and a half of training, everyone was sweaty and tired, but still strong.

"Dismissed. Ais!"

Everyone bowed to Kreese and he nodded his head back.

Kreese was organizing paperwork on his office desk when Miguel walked in.

"Sensei?"

"What can I do for you Mr. Diaz?"

"I had a question."

"Go right ahead."

Miguel sighed. "I like this um, person at school. She's super funny, and cute, and smart. But there's, a problem."

Kreese looked around his office. "Do I seem like the authority on these things?"

"No. But I didn't have anyone to ask."

"What about your friends?"

Miguel spoke very quietly. "None of them ever had a girlfriend before so."

Kreese hid his smile and tiny chuckle when he spun around in his desk chair to put away some papers in a metal cabinet.

He turned around as Miguel spoke. "Have you ever-"

"What's your question? Speak frankly son, you're very clear on what my duties as a Sensei are to you."

Miguel nearly gulped for a second.

"There's someone else, someone I know this person likes. What do I do about them?"

"Why do you ask me?"

"You seem to know how to handle threats pretty well."

Kreese was actually flattered, but hid it with a small wipe of his face and scratch at his stubble.

"What did I tell you at the beginning of class today?" Kreese pointed out to the mat from his office window.

Miguel shrugged. "No mercy."

"Precisely. If someone threatens you, or something you want. You take care of them." Kreese then picked up a cigar, bouncing it in Miguel's direction with his elbow on his office desk. "But like always, fight smart. Not hard Mr. Diaz."

"Thank you Sensei."

Miguel turned around and Kreese spoke out, cutting his cigar end off.

"If you ever ask me about romance again, I swear. I'll have you run laps around the mat until you black out."

Miguel smiled with his back turned, chuckling quietly. "Yes Sensei."

The next day at school, Sam walked in with a newfound confidence being part of West Valley High School's cheer team.

It was dress day, Friday, and all the football players had to wear a button up and nice jeans or slacks and in some cases a tie. And all the cheer leaders had to wear their full cheer uniform.

Sam enjoyed the attention but could hide her shyness by always being near the other girls on cheer in the halls, Moon, Lindsay, or Yasmine.

Maybe now Lucas would notice her instead of her friends. Maybe now she could forget about everything that happened with Aisha.

Sam's smile on her face froze.

Mackenzie was talking to Lucas in the hallway.

He was sitting on a bench near a water fountain with his pals, Robby and Eli.

Lucas was leaning back, hands in his pockets. When Mackenzie took her phone out of her jacket pocket, he took a quick glance at Mackenzie's bare thighs.

Sam practically melted away.

However, it seemed like a perfectly casual conversation with an odd smile and chuckle.

Lucas could see Sam walking in his direction but the bell rang for the first period before he could react.

Miguel Diaz found a sign up form for volunteers to help run West Valley High's soccer games.

There, he saw Lucas Schwarber's name and phone number listed.

Miguel looked up, thinking of something.

Sam found Lucas and Daniel talking in Daniel's dining room.

"Hey." Daniel turned towards his daughter. "Planned on joining us earlier today?"

"Sorry, think cheer's my new hobby. Not ready to go back to karate yet."

Daniel smiled. "That's fine, I think Anthony needs help with his homework."

Lucas looked touched that Daniel trusted him enough to leave him downstairs alone with his daughter.

"Sup." Lucas threw a carrot Daniel had cut into his mouth, chewing on it quietly.

"Hey there."

"Everything good, with you?" Lucas asked quietly.

"Yeah, yeah everything's fine."

They stood there silently, looking around the kitchen.

"I know we haven't talked since the dance. I went off kinda in a huff, and honestly that wasn't cool of me."

"Really?"

Lucas nodded. "You clearly thought I was lying to you, and even though you were wrong. You had a point. I do flirt a lot, maybe I should try to a little less."

"It's fine."

"Are you sure?"

"You realized your mistake."

Lucas breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

He saw Amanda's car pull into the driveway.

"I'll help your mom unload some groceries."

Sam smiled back, the sentiment was appreciated warmly.

She noticed Lucas had left his phone on the counter and received an odd Whatsapp text.

MackTheKnife: Last night was so fun! ;)

The text was followed by some very suggestive emojis.

Sam looked up, blinking rapidly and then helping Amanda with the groceries.

At dinner, Lucas could tell Sam was off for some reason.

Hadn't they recovered from the post Halloween dance awkwardness?

It wasn't until he returned to his house at the Mills Manor that he realized the text on his phone.

Someone was trolling him, the number had blocked him when he responded to it. And judging from Sam's sudden change at around the time the text was sent, she had seen it.

Lucas began to squint in thought. Who in the world would want to make it seem like someone was messing around with him?

Lucas shrugged, tossing his phone away.

The next week at school, Lucas found out pretty quickly who it was.

Sam gave him the cold shoulder at every turn, and someone was chatting up Moon, doing his best to make her giggle while playing it cool.

Lucas was nudged out of the way when leaning over at a water fountain by him.

"No mercy man." Miguel muttered.

Lucas was confused, and then saw him walk off to flirt with Moon again.

She giggled loudly at what she said and he looked away.

How could he have been lucky enough that Sam saw it at just that time? It was sheer luck.

Lucas shook his head away and merely ignored it all, moving on through his day.

That afternoon in the girl's locker room, Sam eyed Mackenzie with a bit more scorn, but she ultimately didn't say or do anything.

"So um." Sam cleared her throat. "How crucial are nudes when you're flirting with a guy?"

"So crucial," Yasmine muttered.

"They're a nightmare." Mackenzie groaned.

Lindsay rolled her eyes, folding her sweaty clothes into her gym bag. "Sexts are everything when you're starting to know someone romantically."

"Really?" asked Sam.

"Definitely," Mackenzie said. "Boys will generally ask for them as soon as you show interest, and the best thing you can do is tease them."

Sam could tell Mackenzie really knew what she was talking about.

"Word of advice," Yasmine said. "Don't send, but keep him waiting for one to drop."

"But what if you really like him that way?" Sam was confused.

"Then you make him wait even more," said Moon with a chuckle. "Guys are dumb that way, they're more interested the less you show them. At first anyway."

"Yes! You reel them in little by little, until you're sure they're genuine about you." Mackenzie shrugged. "Then you show them a little something. But almost nothing."

The girls stopped gossiping about one topic to transition into another.

Sam generally found herself happy with them, except with Mackenzie.

Karate Kid OST: The Pact

Lucas was practicing kata with Daniel.

"One."

They breathed in, moving their hands around.

"And two."

Lucas breathed in and out, their kata was almost like a guided meditation but with karate.

"And one, and two."

Lucas then began to hammer in old nails, and practiced paint the fence and wax on wax off.

Daniel smiled, walking up to him. "Nice work."

"Thanks Mr. L."

"Everything alright at school?"

"Um. School's fine, just, some stuff happened."

Daniel and Lucas sat down on the front porch of Mr. Miyagi's house and he told him everything.

"So. This Miguel kid, he wanted to make Sam jealous of you?"

"Pretty much."

"Because you spilled punch all over him?"

Lucas nodded. "Also because I think he might be jealous."

Daniel laughed. "Cobra Kai has not changed."

"The thing is. I know it's not him, it's. It's-"

"Kreese."

Lucas was silent.

Daniel shook his head. "That man is just awful. He turns people's pain into other's. Hatred is like a disease, it can't stop if you spread it around."

"So what am I supposed to do? Sam doesn't care about the truth, and I don't want to give Miguel more reasons to hate me."

Daniel sighed. "You know, the best fights are the ones that are stopped before they happen. Our karate is special, you train, so you don't have to fight."

"Exactly."

"Lucas you're going to find that a lot of the conflicts in your life can be resolved with proper communication and honesty. John Kreese never cared about that."

Lucas frowned.

"I know you thought he cared about you, but he doesn't care about anyone. He would use your weakness, your vulnerability, and add it to his own strength. He preys on what people want to become, building their trust, and then he hurts you when you don't live up to what he wanted."

Lucas nodded. "Yeah."

"Hey." he put a hand on his shoulder. "My advice is this. Do nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing. Engaging with Kreese's behavior is dangerous, you're giving him what he wants by giving his student any attention."

Lucas understood. "Alright then."

"The philosophy of Miyagi-Do is what I need you to understand most. You already learned the actual karate very quickly, there are very few applications of the kata left for you to perfect. But the essence."

Lucas watched Daniel pretend to hold a small seed. "The core of who you are is still growing. It's like, your future is still undecided."

Lucas nodded.

"But all you need to do is trust your instincts, trust what I've taught you. And you'll grow into what you were meant to be."

Lucas smiled. "So it's like, I'm a seed. And, Miyagi-Do are my roots?"

"And the stem and leaves will be your life and decisions." Daniel smiled. "See, you're getting the lesson already."

"Well how do I practice the lesson?"

"Do you want me to show you?"

Lucas nodded.

The two spent the night trimming bonsai and talking about life.

About Daniel's experiences in highschool, how it was like to raise a family, and his advice for Lucas growing up.

Lucas had a lot to say, but above all, he listened.

He was absorbing everything Daniel was telling him, about Miyagi-Do, the LaRusso Auto dealership, about everything he wanted to know.

The core of what Lucas understood was that Miyagi-Do, or rather what Daniel wanted for him, was trust.

Trust above all.

In his room, Lucas texted Sam.

hey, wyd rn?

Sam almost leaped off her computer doing homework to text Lucas, laying on her stomach on her bed to tap away on her phone.

nothin wbu

i was just about to heat up dino nuggets

Lucas chuckled at the fire emojis Sam sent him.

im sorry if I was acting weird earlier this week. School's been odd and stuff

you were acting weird earlier?

Sam smiled at her phone screen, relieved Lucas was fine.

anyways, where are you rn?

laying on my bed, texting u

can i see?

Sam leaned up and noticed some of her cleavage was visible in the selfie of her smiling she was about to send.

Was that what Lucas wanted right now? She was mainly trying to go off the advice everyone on the cheer squad gave her.

Lucas saw the selfie and loved it instantly, making Sam glow when she saw the heart on it appear.

i love your hair! your earrings look nice as hellll

Lucas tapped his finger on his mouth, thinking.

can I see a bit more?

Sam texted her response angrily, and much faster than she meant to.

why, don't you have Mack to hit up for that?

It was at that point that Lucas left Sam on read, and the two rubbed their faces in their own bedrooms.

"So stupid!" Sam threw her phone into her pillow, cupping her own face.

"Such an idiot!" Lucas grunted in frustration.

It appeared awkwardness was a stable state for the two.

Luckily for Sam, the messages she shared with Miguel were far sweeter and kinder and never strayed from platonic jokes through Instagram.

Miguel Diaz and new Cobra Kai's students take Kresse teaching like fish to water and mutual hatred of their shared enemies at school are enough motivation for theses bullied teenagers, which relationship between Sam Larousso and Lucas remains in an sliding scale awkwardness and a possible relationship with their own personal barriers to get through if they actually want to actually go anywhere. As Sam and Miguel maintain an active platonic friendship online .
As Miguel Diaz and Lucas simmering rivalry continues to boil on the surface in school and regular life at the outset. Along with a potential love triangle trainwreck waiting to happen for Miguel ,Lucas and Sam .
Unfortunately, Cobra Kai dojo by Kresse is suddenly experiencing an unexpected revival that no one sees coming except Lucas, but he can't do nothing except weather the potential storm coming his way with the Larousso family in the valley at the meantime.
Continue on
Cheers!

Miguel Diaz and new Cobra Kai's students take Kresse teaching like fish to water and mutual hatred of their shared enemies at school are enough motivation for theses bullied teenagers, which relationship between Sam Larousso and Lucas remains in an sliding scale awkwardness and a possible relationship with their own personal barriers to get through if they actually want to actually go anywhere. As Sam and Miguel maintain an active platonic friendship online .
As Miguel Diaz and Lucas simmering rivalry continues to boil on the surface in school and regular life at the outset. Along with a potential love triangle trainwreck waiting to happen for Miguel ,Lucas and Sam .
Unfortunately, Cobra Kai dojo by Kresse is suddenly experiencing an unexpected revival that no one sees coming except Lucas, but he can't do nothing except weather the potential storm coming his way with the Larousso family in the valley at the meantime.
Continue on
Cheers!
Wait till Robby becomes more important if you think the love triangle is a trainwreck.

Book Two - Chapter 7 New
Chapter Seven: Miyagisms

Lucas typically found that between Encino and around Van Nuys where Mr. Miyagi lived was too far to use his bicycle to ride to.

So, in the mean time, he learned from Daniel LaRusso how to drive.

"You drive like your mom." Daniel chuckled.

"Is that a compliment?" he asked, braking before a stop light.

"It is," Daniel said. "One time, she crashed one of Mr. Miyagi's favorite cars."

"So then how is that a compliment?"

Daniel sighed. "Because admittedly, the brakes were shot and Ali'd been warning me for months."

"You let my mom drive a car without brakes?"

Daniel frowned. "I was stubborn at the time and didn't want to admit she was right. It was why we broke up at the time."

"So if she hadn't crashed that car. I might not have even been born?"

"You're asking me if I'd be your dad?" asked Daniel calmly.

"Well no I'm just." Lucas pulled into the street next to Mr. Miyagi's house. "Asking a hypothetical."

They began to leave Daniel's luxurious car when he asked. "As long as we're asking hypotheticals. Do you have feelings for my daughter?"

Lucas froze. For a fifteen year old he was rather concise, but failed to be so at the moment.

Daniel chuckled, patting Lucas' shoulder. "It's fine, let's get to work."

They walked to Mr. Miyagi's backyard and he spoke. "Today's task is simple."

Daniel waved a hand to the pond full of real koi. "Catch a fish."

"Excuse me?"

"Without fishing rods or any equipment of any sort." said Daniel. "Miyagi-Do karate, as per Okinawan tradition, prides itself on only needing open hands to complete tasks."

Daniel spoke and Lucas listened. "Kara means open, and te, hand. Karate. You will use your open hand, to catch a fish by day's end."

Lucas took a long sigh.

"Fine."

"I'll leave you to it."

"Where are you going?" asked Lucas.

"To help Amanda with paperwork. It's inventory day."

"Shouldn't I be there?"

Daniel shook his head with a smile. "No. Your internship is served best here, good luck."

Daniel left Lucas alone in Mr. Miyagi's backyard, and he began to fish with his bare hands.

After several minutes, he had no luck at all.

Lucas glanced towards Mr. Miyagi's home with a mutter. "Hope I'm making you proud my man." he then rolled his eyes.

Yasmine muttered, her fake nail tapping Sam's phone screen. "Hm."

"So?"

Yasmine, Moon, and Sam were all sitting together in a cafe booth.

"Hm," Yasmine repeated.

Yasmine kept scrolling through Sam's texts until she reached the bottom.

Yasmine nodded, putting Sam's phone down and sliding it to her across the table.

"Yeah." said Yasmine quietly. "He's definitely interested. Very interested."

"Did I mess up? He hasn't texted me in almost a week and I know he sees my dad like almost every day for karate."

Moon shrugged. "Guys will ghost when things get awkward. I do the same, it's no big deal."

"Look you screwed up when you brought up Mackenzie," said Yasmine. "For all you know nothing actually happened."

"But hasn't she been flirting with him?" Sam asked.

Moon rolled her eyes. "Yeah but it's not like you two are together."

Yasmine was looking at her sitting directly on her left, sipping her boba.

"What?" Moon shrunk in her seat a little.

Sam looked at Yasmine. "What should I do?"

"The best way to get a guy's attention is to play the flirt game." Yasmine said. "Flirt here with one person, flirt with another. And then, flirt with him."

"You mean talk to other people?"

Yasmine smiled. "You know who's hot? Miguel Diaz."

Moon took a casual and quick sip of her iced tea.

"Yeah so?" asked Sam.

"Ask him out," Yasmine said. "Or, better yet. Hit him up, see when he asks you out."

"Wait." Moon paused. "Miguel hasn't asked you out yet?"

"No. Should he have?"

Moon and Yasmine spoke over each other, saying "No!" and "Yes!" respectively.

"Wait." Sam looked at Moon. "Why shouldn't he have yet?"

"Because you're clearly still interested in Luke." Moon shrugged, frowning.

"See? This is exactly what I'm talking about." Yasmine said. "Miguel's probably thinking the same thing. You show interest in just him, and Luke will come running with his tail between his legs."

Yasmine pouted, making a frowny face.

"But isn't that dishonest? I really want to be with Luke, Miguel's pretty cool but I just met him."

"So?" scoffed Yasmine. "Boys are dumb like that, they'll only show maximum interest when you stop caring. Besides, guys have dated like that for ages, nothing wrong if it's your turn."

Moon squinted, slightly rubbing the back of her head. "Um, have you ever given any thought as to if this blows up in your face? And Lucas legitimately gets sick of you flirting with both him and Miguel?"

"Why would he? He knows Mack is just messing with him?" Yasmine said.

"Yeah but if I knew a guy was talking to another girl just to piss me off and get me interested again," muttered Moon. "I'd just bail."

"Luke's desperate, trust me. I bet all he can think about when he's at karate is you." Yasmine turned from Moon to look across the booth table at Sam. "Again, des, per, ate." Yasmine enunciated clearly.

"Come on!"

Lucas splashed the water of Mr. Miyagi's pond angrily as he roared.

He did squats, practiced kata, and trimmed the grass of Mr. Miyagi's backyard lawn a little. Anything to get his mind clear, the entire time staring at the pond trying to figure out how to catch a fish with his bare hands.

It seemed no matter how hard he tried, the koi fish always moved around at the last second, he could barely get close.

"This is such bullshit." he muttered with his sleeves rolled up.

Amanda sipped her coffee in the LaRusso Auto head office.

"You left him alone at your childhood home?" asked Amanda.

"I've done it all summer too, nothing new." Daniel shrugged while watching Anoush sell a Kia to a newly wed couple from his office window.

Amanda raised an eyebrow. "But you knew he couldn't have done it on his own. Why torture him?"

"That's the lesson Mr. Miyagi taught me," Daniel said. "Sometimes, you just have to ask for help."

"Honey." Amanda winced. "Sometimes I feel like you create your problems on your own."

"This Cobra Kai nonsense." sighed out Amanda. "Don't get me wrong, John Kreese sounds like a nut case. But his students are all a bunch of kids, and can be reasoned with. Maybe talking to them all could solve things."

"Not even Johnny Lawrence has changed since high school. Why would teenagers change?"

"Johnny came up with his own dojo for the last All Valley." corrected Amanda. "It was just him and his son, not some deranged gang of violent psychopaths."

Daniel frowned. "I thought we were talking about Lucas."

"I don't think metaphorical lessons are what's meant for him. Trimming bonsai, washing cars, nailing fence boards. He's been doing chores for the past five months, you need to accept he's a very competitive person."

Daniel listened.

"Didn't Mr. Miyagi teach you actual karate at some point?"

"Amanda I-" Daniel frowned. "I taught Lucas the moves. He learned pretty much all of them already."

"In only a year?"

"What he could've he more than learned." summarized Daniel. "But this kind of training is just as important as the rest."

"Maybe if you'd accept his competitiveness instead of trying to squash it he'd grow more. And you could grow more as a teacher." Amanda shrugged, clicking and working on paperwork for the LaRusso Auto dealership. "I don't know. That's just me."

Daniel nodded silently but still left the office to try the popcorn offered to customers.

"Hey cus look at this nonsense."

Louie walked up to Daniel and showed him a yellow paper John Kreese was using the advertise his dojo.

Strike like a Cobra - The Real All Valley Champions

"Can you believe this freaking guy? Acting like you're some sorta fake?"

"I'm sure that's not what he meant," said Daniel.

"Then what did he mean?" asked Louie.

Daniel shrugged. "I really just don't care."

"You don't?"

"No."

"Sometimes I feel like this Zen thing you got going for you, is what lets this asshole think he can get away with shit like this." Louie handed Daniel the flyer and then walked off.

Daniel held the yellow paper in his hand, showing two pictures of John Kreese extending a fist forward and of an unknown karateka in a white Cobra Kai GI and belt breaking a board with a round kick.

Daniel shook his head, sighing and then throwing the paper away.

Daniel returned to Miyagi-Do to see Lucas completely wet, he had gotten into the pond himself.

He watched silently, Lucas was struggling to even get his hands or feet close to the fish.

"You okay?"

"Having some." Lucas splashed wildly, even trying to smack a koi out of the water to hopefully get it to land anywhere on the grass nearby. "Trouble here."

"Need some help?"

"Nope!" said Lucas.

Daniel watched carefully.

"Although, that's the lesson isn't it?" Lucas kept his back turned to Daniel. "You help me, and I trust you?"

Daniel wasn't even that surprised Lucas had learned the lesson mostly on his own, he was just surprised at Lucas' refusal to get out of the pond water.

Lucas turned, shaking his head. "What was the point of the lesson? Trust? Respect?"

Daniel muttered calmly. "Humility." he glanced away.

"Well that's the thing, humility isn't something you're supposed to try at. If it doesn't come naturally, it's not humility now is it?"

Lucas then walked out of the pond soaked from head to toe.

He used a towel and spoke. "I'd appreciate an awkward car ride home so I can wash up please."

Daniel nodded in thought as Lucas walked off toward his car.

Lucas stayed completely silent on the drive between Mr. Miyagi's house and the Mills Manor in Encino.

"You did well."

"Thanks," Lucas said dryly.

"No I mean, for telling me when I was wrong."

"It honestly almost never happens so." Lucas smiled down at his lap.

"Thanks but," Daniel chuckled. "You're right. I shouldn't have forced you to try to ask for help."

"I honestly needed it, the only way I was gonna catch one of those damned fish was with a net of some kind or another person."

"Lucas the reason why I tell you to learn to stand before you can fly applies to more than just the crane kick. It applies to life."

Lucas listened.

"You have to learn all the aspects of Miyagi-Do to make sure you're prepared. Mr. Miyagi taught me to respect him, myself, and the time it took to grow and learn. Without that, I never could've raised a family, started my own business."

Daniel smiled and Lucas smiled back. "Or met you."

Lucas nodded a tiny bit in thought. "Mr. Miyagi shaped you."

"More importantly, I shaped him," said Daniel. "He never had a son before, and through that I think I made him a happier person."

Lucas smiled again.

"You have to realize that Luke." Daniel said. "Karate, just like anything you do. Doesn't lie in the achievements or the prizes or the titles. It lies inside of you, it starts with you, and what you do. It's faith, faith in yourself."

"Strong roots."

"Exactly."

Lucas nodded to himself.

At West Valley the next day, the Lucas and his friends chatted together.

"What do you think that all means?"

"That you should probably find a new Karate Sensei," Robby said.

The boys all chuckled together next to their lockers, even Lucas broke a smile.

"I'm serious, faith in myself? How can I ever have faith in just myself when I'm not even old enough to drive a car?"

"Dude, you have to take it with a grain of salt." said Robby. "He just wants you trust everything he teaches you. You're his only student, your dojo technically isn't open."

Demetri shrugged. "You've spent so much time with him at this point of course he'd trust you right? I think he is worried about you and Sam though."

Eli nudged him and Robby turned to him.

"Can you two give us a second?'

The Binary Brothers walked off, and Robby spoke to Lucas.

"The offer still stands man," said Robby, leaning on his locker. "Anytime you want to train with me and my dad. Just ask."

"I don't think I'm ready to become a, Steel Eagle just yet."

Robby chuckled. "Luke my dad's competed for years, he helped me reach the semis of the All Valley in just my first competition. I've never seen him as excited to see anyone fight as much as he saw you fight."

Lucas nodded and Robby scoffed. "Almost makes me jealous man."

"Thanks dude."

"Just train one time with us. You tell me almost every week about how weird Miyagi-Do is, I get you're tight with Sam's dad but. You can drop the charade, learn how to fight." Robby squinted. "We'd kick so much ass together."

Lucas smiled a little at the idea and then Robby turned. "Besides."

Dieter, Miguel, Edwin, Mitch, and the other Cobra Kai boys were all chatting nearby.

"Someone needs to put those guys in their place. At the rate they're growing, they'll have a full team ready for the All Valley next May. It's a historic occasion, the fiftieth anniversary, we can't let them win."

"You'll always lose a fight if you look for one."

"That's what I'm talking about man," said Robby. "You need to look at what's right in front of you. Stop with this Dalai Lama stuff." Lucas kept listening as he watched Miguel chat with his friends. "You let him come between you and Sam, he made her think the wrong thing about you."

Lucas glanced back at Robby. "His Sensei tried to kill my dad. These people are messed up man, they're just messed. Up."

"So what do you want to do?"

"Join Steel Eagle, help grow the dojo. And-"

"Then what?" asked Lucas. "Get into a turf war with the Cobra Kais over a girl and some bullshit texts? That's literally letting them drag us down to their level."

"Which is what I'm saying! Don't let them have an opportunity to keep messing with you."

Lucas spoke quietly and calmly to Robby. "You're my best friend man, but against Cobra Kai? You do not Strike First."

"Luke, you could end this whole thing with one conversation."

Lucas sighed.

"Tell them. Tell them you were Kreese's student, tell them you chose to train with Mr. L and my dad, and they'll realize they messed up."

"I shouldn't have told you about any of that. But look," Lucas shook his head. "The worst they've done so far is fake a text. They wouldn't listen to me."

"So they swoop all the hot girls around and you just take that?"

Lucas walked off.

"Hey!" said Robby.

Miguel sat down next to Demetri and Sam in Mr. Palmer's Biology class.

"Afternoon guys."

"Hey." Sam smiled while Demetri merely kept taking notes.

Miguel spoke to Sam quietly taking a seat next to her. "You catch that Dodger's game?"

"Not really. I'm more into basketball."

"That's why you picked a Laker's girl outfit on Halloween?"

Sam nodded. "Yup. I get courtside seats all season."

"Nice. I've, I mean. My family's never really had the money to go to a basketball game so, I'm sure it's probably fun."

Sam smiled at Miguel slightly. "Do you wanna go with me?"

"W-What?"

"Do you wanna go to a Laker's game with me? My dad hasn't really used the tickets in a minute so I think we'd both have fun."

Miguel smiled brightly. "Definitely. Sounds great to me."

Mr. Palmer began class and both Sam and Miguel had smiles on their faces doing their assignments.

Cheer practice at West Valley High School consisted mainly of stretching, followed by several minutes of practicing synchronized cheers, dances, and tumbling.

By the end of it, the girls were all sweaty, sore, and tired after nearly an hour of a half of non stop practice.

Sam, Lindsay, and Mackenzie all were sharing a metal shower machine that sprayed hot water in different directions as they talked happily.

The girls all had pearly white smooth skin, and long perfect curves and hair. After rubbing hot water and soap on themselves for a few minutes they dried up put on underwear and an assortment of clean gym clothes and then chatted amongst themselves in the locker room.

Sam fixed her hair using a mirror Mackenzie let her borrow. "Miguel and I are going to a Lakers game."

"Very nice." Yasmine chuckled, starting to apply makeup to her face. "Taking my advice will get you very far I'm sure."

"Remember," Mackenzie said. "No matter how cute he is, don't let him get far at all on a first date."

Moon froze at the statement, she was already getting to leave and appeared upset at what Sam said for a moment.

"Honestly it's weird, the two cutest guys I can think of around here both take karate." Mackenzie chuckled.

"What's the name of Miguel's karate dojo?" wondered Sam.

"No clue." Yasmine popped her lips, as she was done with her lipstick. "I swear, this karate trend makes no sense at all. There's a guy in every one of my classes who joined."

"How can people like a trend sooo dumb?" Lindsay groaned.

"Give it some time," said Mackenzie. "And people will definitely forget about it."

"I think I have an essay I forgot to finish for English due," Moon said, putting her backpack over her shoulder.

"You sure you're not coming to our usual spot?" Lindsay asked.

Moon shook her head. "Sorry I can't."

Everyone waved to her and Mackenzie muttered. "Wonder what has her in such a hurry. I'm pretty sure Moon has a C in English."

"No idea." said Yasmine.

Sam appeared to know, however.

She wasn't fooled at all for a fleeting second.

Lucas and Eli were the highest scoring sophomores in their Honors World History class.

They regularly competed for top grades on tests and projects and everyone knew were the best of friends.

Eli wasn't chatty in class at all, and Lucas appeared to be the only person he talked to in fifth period World History class.

The teacher was a very old man with glasses and a long beard, who spoke in the driest voice.

"Alright class today we're gonna be learning about the Industrial Revolution."

After the most boring lecture possible, he assigned groups of three for a project.

"Hey." Moon smiled, walking over to the two boys.

"Hey." Lucas nodded as Eli shrunk into his seat, sticking his nose instantly into a book.

Lucas spoke quietly. "I think we've got it covered, no need to meet up with us or anything."

Moon was surprised. "Don't need a top cheerleader to waste her time with icky nerds."

Moon was shocked and almost insulted. "What?"

"I'm saying that Eli and I can get an easy A."

"I'm sure you two can but I want to help too." said Moon. "I actually read the textbook."

"Really?" Lucas looked apologetic. "Sweet!"

"Yeah." Moon frowned, glancing at her phone as the class discussed together in groups of three.

"I mean, I didn't." Lucas cleared his throat. "Anyway. I think I'll make a group chat with you and Eli, and we can knock this out in one weekend."

"That sounds fine but um." Moon cleared her throat. "I was actually thinking we could all go to my place to do the project."

"That sounds fine too." said Lucas. "And I'm sorry for-"

"Don't worry about it. Please."

The two chuckled awkwardly and began writing down ideas for their assigned Industrial Revolution project.

Later that week on a Friday evening, Eli and Lucas went to Moon's house.

It was a luxurious home that could easily host a back to school party at the end of a summer, but for the night it was a place where Moon, Lucas, Eli all spent hours writing, drawing, and researching.

It had taken an entire afternoon, but they were sure they completed all the steps necessary.

"Alright." Lucas snapped his laptop shut, rubbing eyes. "Looks good to me."

Eli said among the few words he had all day. "I think my mom's here."

"Well hey man, I'll see you-"

Eli rushed out of the house and Moon's living room.

Lucas and Moon were well aware of how shy he was around girls.

Moon chuckled, nodding in the direction of Eli's flight. "He's pretty cute you know. Is he seeing anyone?"

"Not really. Are you?"

"Nope."

"You don't have some giant super quarterback boyfriend?"

Moon chuckled. "That's flattering but no, I'm not seeing anyone."

Lucas checked his phone. "I should probably get going soon."

"Great work on the project though." Moon smiled.

She curled her hand slightly around his arm, inching closer to him on the couch. "I really appreciate all your help."

"Thanks." Lucas noticed this but didn't say anything.

"I got some new indica my mom gave me for my birthday. Wanna try it?"

"Is that weed?"

Moon smiled. "Yup!"

Lucas nodded, looking around Moon's living room in thought.

"Okay, sounds good to me."

Moon and Lucas spent the next two hours smoking marijuana together, watching random things on her couch, eating snacks, and making out.

Moon snuggled with him beneath a blanket.

"So that project was fun." said Moon.

Lucas laughed, speaking in a slightly deeper voice now after all the weed he had smoked with her. "It really was."

Moon giggled, rubbing her nose against her chin. "Did you have fun?" she asked.

"I did, but I have to be back home in a bit for dinner with my grandparents."

"There's gotta be something I can do to convince you to stay."

Lucas sighed when Moon pecked his cheek. "That sounds fun but yeah I really do have to go soon."

Moon climbed onto Lucas' lap, the blanket falling off them for a moment. "Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Sam asked out Miguel to make you jealous."

Lucas' expression changed instantly. "I'm sorry what?" he blinked repeatedly as if slapped.

"She did. I didn't actually think she'd be that petty but she was 'cause you ghosted her for a week." Lucas stayed frozen when Moon kissed his chin and neck for a moment, resting her head against his shoulder. "Sam sucks dude, you deserve better."

"Thanks."

Lucas shook his thoughts away and then he spoke.

"Hey Moon."

"Yeah?" she closed her eyes, nuzzling against his body.

"Do you know what it means to have faith in yourself?"

"Speaks for itself doesn't it?"

Lucas shook his head. "No but actually."

"Hm." Moon sighed. "I think I do."

"What is it?"

"You have to only do the first thing that comes from your heart. It's how I live my life actually." Moon picked up a blunt and lit it, then sharing it with Lucas.

Lucas smoked it as well and nodded slightly. "So, the first thing from my heart?" he coughed quietly.

"Definitely." said Moon.

"Promise you won't get worried?"

Daniel nodded, crossing his arms and watching Lucas the next day. "I promise."

Lucas removed the wooden board and the bonsai atop the pond in Mr. Miyagi's backyard.

Daniel watched curiously and quietly.

Lucas then stood up on the edge of the pond, turned around, and closed his eyes.

Daniel's eyes widened when Lucas plunged back first into the pond water.

Several water droplets flew about, a koi fish's tail even appeared to fling about for a moment, and there was an inordinate amount of splashing.

Then there was some silence after all the aquatic chaos. Daniel was worried, the pond wasn't dangerous at all for him, but he was wondering just what in the world Lucas had planned.

When Daniel neared the pond, a hand was raised upwards.

A victorious fist clenching a koi within it.

A towel over his shoulder, Lucas was driven home by a very happy Daniel.

"Even Mr. Miyagi would've been surprised." Daniel said. "You're still all wet behind the ear."

Lucas sighed. "Thanks."

"How'd you do it?"

"I don't know, it sounds dumb but eh. I followed my heart."

Daniel laughed quietly. "Sounds like you followed my lessons the right way."

"Again, thanks."

"I met this kid named Miguel last night, Sam introduced us, they went out to see the Laker's game."

Lucas turned away. "Cool, good for them," he said, despite him hiding the fact he didn't feel that way at all.

"What? You're upset?"

"I've got dates of my own lined up Mr. L, I don't think Sam ever liked me that much."

"Alright then." Daniel said, unconvinced on both accounts.

For the rest of the car ride, neither said a word, Lucas too deep in thought, and Daniel unable to break the silence.

Come on, Luke strike back against Miguel Diaz and his Cobra Kai wannabe posse , Not that I'm liking Zen balanced Luke here, but I'm missing take charge aggressive Cobra Kai Luke here and Robby Keane is right for once don't let them walk over you Luke with their Cobra Kai teenage drama .
While Sam and Luke play ring around the Rosie with different partners at school like Moon at her house ,which we don't know for sure yet if Miguel and Sammy are actually official relationship or Sam and Luke don't know how to identify their rather ambiguous ,vague relationship status with their complicated feelings towards each other.
Continue on
Cheers!

Book 2 - Chapter 8 New
Chapter Eight: Fear Does Not Exist

Aisha Robinson hated Yasmine on a daily basis, and it was hard not to.

Every day at school she had to be reminded of why she was called 'cheeto pig.'

One day she walked up to her at her lunch table and spoke to her.

"I know this is you." Aisha showed the video making fun of her on her phone.

Mackenzie, Sam, Moon, and the other cheerleaders stopped chatting.

Yasmine shrugged. "You got any proof?"

"Don't need any. I just want to say you're disgusting."

"At least I'm not fugly."

Mackenzie chuckled with a few of the others, Sam and Moon looked uncomfortable.

Miguel turned around in his chair sitting at a table nearby with the rest of Cobra Kai. "Why don't you go fuck yourself?"

A few people laughed and 'Ooh'd"

Lucas smirked from nearby, munching on a french fry while watching everything with Demetri, Robby, and Eli.

Yasmine barely glanced at Miguel. "I'm not scared of you just cause you have a little karate gang now." she turned to Aisha with a smirk. "You can try to scare me all you want and it won't change anything. None of the guys you hang out or any others would want to touch you with a ten foot pole."

Aisha was chuckled at and embarrassed, before quickly returning to her table with Miguel.

Robby muttered to Lucas. "Think we should do something?"

"Nah man, this'll be interesting." Lucas kept snacking as if the entire thing was his favorite film.

"Ais!"

Kreese watched his best students spar on his mat with crossed arms.

Despite being his friend a girl, Miguel had to try harder than he did with anyone else when he was sparring with Aisha. Aisha was faster and stronger than everyone else in Cobra Kai, as well as the most skilled.

Aisha and Miguel circled each other, and Aisha struck first, baiting a counter with a jab and then catching Miguel on the temple with her heel with perfect timing but extra aggression almost knocking Miguel down.

Wearing white GIs, Dieter and Edwin raised red flags.

Miguel was reeling, huffing quietly.

"Point, hook kick." Kreese muttered calmly as Aisha bowed to accept the score. "Two one. Continue."

Miguel was the one to apply pressure now, trying a spinning back kick that nearly caught Aisha but missed by two inches.

Aisha circled Miguel, then spun underneath a round kick to the temple Miguel sent to her head to clinch hard, break while still grabbing Miguel by the lapel of his GI, and then try to punch him quite hard in the jaw.

Miguel quickly dodged, clinching hard again.

"Break."

Aisha and Miguel refused to listen, still at close range.

"Break!" Kreese said louder seeing the teens were ignoring him. "Stop."

Miguel and Aisha returned to their lines.

He spun a finger in the air and tapped his lips to indicate a penalty, Dieter and Edwin agreed by raising a flag upwards in front of them.

"Warning to both of you." Kreese said quietly. "Gotta listen to my orders. Ready!? Ais!"

Miguel faked, dodged, countered, and was first on the next score.

He timed a round kick to Aisha's back as soon as he made her own round kick miss and countered.

"Stop!" barked Kreese.

Aisha clenched her jaw, silently furious, but fuming.

"Two two. Ready!? Fight!"

Aisha made it too obvious when she was trying to score and what she was trying to do, despite her skill, Miguel was able to time her as well as bait her into situations she had to fail in.

Aisha roared as she missed her jabs, Miguel circled her around the ring before calmly countering with his rear hand with ease.

"And stop!"

Aisha was fuming again.

"Three two. Winner, Diaz."

Miguel was barely finished bowing to Kreese before Aisha shoulder tackled him to the ground.

Kreese merely watched the ensuing struggle with crossed hands without a word.

Aisha tried pummeling Miguel and he managed to pull her off him.

When Miguel was able to stand back up without sustaining any serious damage and Aisha tried to continue to engage, then Kreese spoke.

"Enough!"

That was enough to get Aisha to freeze.

"Robinson, my office."

"Yes Sensei!" Aisha panted, rubbing her rib cage.

Kreese waited until she was out of earshot to speak to the boys.

"This is very important."

Mitch, Bert, and the other Cobra Kais all listened.

"Diaz won his sparring match, but it was clear Robinson was out for blood. This doesn't often happen at tournaments, but a very important aspect of karate is awareness. Never take your eyes off your opponent, whether bowing or anything. Until you leave the ring or a confrontation, do not leave your guard down. Understood?"

"Yes Sensei!"

"Dismissed."

Miguel was still woozy from the spar. "It's not fair, if I don't hold back, I look bad since she's a girl."

Kreese barely smirked. "It's funny."

"What?"

"You weren't holding back." Kreese turned to walk to his office.

"Sensei, I was-"

"Save it." Kreese sat down at his office.

He crossed his hands on his desk. "Diaz beating you isn't enough to set you off like that. What's going on with you today?"

"I'm supposed to leave everything going on with me at the door when we practice." Kreese raised an eyebrow as Aisha sat in front of him.

"But you didn't. Now tell me, is something going on with your parents? Something at school?"

Aisha shook her head. "I um. Someone's been harassing me online, calling me fat and ugly. But I know who it is."

Kreese nodded. "And what have you done about it?"

"Everything." Aisha said exasperated. "Talked to teachers, her friends. But it changes nothing, why is nothing working?"

Kreese squinted at Aisha. "Let me tell you a little story."

"Okay."

"When I was young, my mother was ill."

"How sick?"

"Gravely."

Aisha fixed her glasses quietly.

"She refused help, denied what everyone knew. Her condition got worse and worse, until one day. It took her life."

Kreese sighed. "I always wondered what I could've done differently, and the answer is simple. Act. Life will always present challenges to you, the consequences may be severe if you don't act sometimes. But never as bad as if you do. Is that understood?"

"You're telling me to kick her ass."

Kreese scoffed. "I'm telling you to make it clear to this person either she will stop. Or you will stop her. Is that understood?"

Aisha nodded. "Yes Sensei."

Aisha was dismissed with a wave of Kreese's hand and she paused in his doorway of the Reseda strip mall dojo office.

"Sensei Kreese?"

He turned with a nod from filing a few papers.

"I think I might hurt her pretty badly. And a friend of mine will never forgive me for it."

Kreese looked at Aisha calmly. "And I will never forgive you if you let someone hurt you and get away with it. You're a champion Ms. Robinson, show your strength. Accept the consequences, and learn that they may fear you today. But never make fun of you tomorrow."

Aisha nodded.

The next day at school, Lucas Schwarber was uneasy.

He kept his eye on Aisha Robinson all day during a few of their classes together, and then before lunch in the hallway, it happened.

"Hey Yasmine!"

Everyone chatting in the hall stopped.

Yasmine stopped applying makeup using her locker mirror, Mackenzie, Sam, and Moon froze.

"Stop cyberbullying me, or I'm gonna stop you." Aisha said plainly, looking right at Yasmine's eyes.

Yasmine froze too. "Uh. I already said I don't know what you're talking about."

"You heard me."

Lucas was chuckling at a joke Eli told him shyly before exiting his class, seeing the scene.

The girls were about to start arguing before Lucas walked up inbetween them. "Yas, we all know it's you, cut the shit. Stop, it's messed up."

"It is her." someone else in the hall said as a few muttered in agreement.

Miguel piped up, a few Cobra Kais were watching. "Stay out of this man."

Yasmine laughed. "Now he's right. It was me, I'm sorry, and I'm done."

She turned away, closed her locker and began to leave before muttering under her breath.

"Done with Fuglisha that is."

The hallway laughed for a second and that was it for Aisha.

In half a second, she turned her around and broke Yasmine's nose with one solid straight punch.

She screamed, bleeding, and holding her nose.

"Aisha what the hell!?" shrieked Sam.

Lucas was shocked and surprised, a few others were as well.

Demetri had only seen that and spoke. "I'm gonna go get a teacher." he patted Lucas' shoulder and ran.

Miguel had an eyebrow raised in Lucas' direction, disturbing him a little bit.

Following Aisha's subsequent suspension for three days, West Valley High School never said the words 'Cheeto Pig' or 'Fuglisha' again.

However, everyone looked at both Aisha and Cobra Kai with both fear and respect. Since it was known that Yasmine was a bully.

Lucas found Yasmine sitting quietly on her phone near the gym where she was sitting out from cheer practice.

"Doesn't look too bad."

Yasmine sniffled, wiping her eyes still. "Liar."

Lucas chuckled. "I'm sorry about the spaghetti thing last year and tossing it over you, I-"

"No no. I was totally messed up for-"

"Look. Everyone's still a little shaken up over what happened. The important thing is that I don't think anyone will be cyberbullying anyone ever again." Yasmine smiled as Lucas sat down next to her. "But, why did you do that?"

"I don't know, because I thought it'd be funny?"

"You don't seem like the kind of person to fuck with someone that much just for kicks."

"Are you saying I'm messed up?"

Lucas nodded. "That's exactly what I'm saying."

Yasmine scoffed. "Well, I'm not."

Lucas nodded again quietly.

"I'm not!"

Lucas sighed. "I'm sure it's pretty personal."

Yasmine took a deep breath. "Yeah."

"You look like you could use some cheering up."

"Maybe I could."

"What say you to mini golf?" asked Lucas.

Yasmine scoffed. "I thought you were into Moon."

"Nah we're just friends."

"And Sam?"

"We're just neighbors."

"Awfully flirtatious neighbors."

The two chuckled together.

"Yas I genuinely just want to hang out as friends, not a date. It'd be good for us."

Yasmine nodded. "Yeah, that'd be great."

"Your nose doesn't look that great by the way."

"Thanks." Yasmine said dryly as Lucas nodded to her and walked off.

A/N:

Hey guys, month long hiatus but I'm back. Not to spoil anything, but next chapter will include a fight at Golf 'N Stuff's arcade. Besides that, I'm hoping to see some more reviews if you can spare the time to give me your guys' thoughts? I'd really appreciate it, positive or negative, I want to hear honest feedback for how I'm doing and where the fic's going.

Anyway, stay safe out there guys and see you soon.

Well now things are heating up, which Miguel Diaz and Aisha have a decent sparring match that gets out of hand with Kresse giving some extra Cobra Kai advice for young Aisha with Aisha being the most skilled of the new Cobra Kai's students generation.
As Kresse teaching tells her the story of his ailing mother either the bully stops or Aisha strikes back hard against her tormentor .
Which is the situation that Kucss and everyone walks into the school hallway this morning, as Aisha knocked a solid knock out against Yasmin.
Whilst won't be the first or last time of these incidents occurring again at School with a potential Domino effect sooner or later.
As Yasmin has a laugh at Lucas complicated love life at high school that Isn't really defined yet on chosen partner after treating her nose and potential rivial Miguel Diaz and Cobra Kai bands growing reputation at school hits a new high
Lucas hasn't had a chance to step in nor intervene, but Cobra Kai kids hasn't escalated to critical levels yet for the moment.
We'll see how it goes next time for Lucas and Sam Larousso, and Cobra Kai's students makes waves at school.
Continue on
Cheers!

The Cobra Kai kids are going to be rudely awakened when they try to mess with Lucas later on. He has more experience with their arts and would know how to counter their moves. Also when would his friend group going to learn how to fight later on?

Chapter Nine: Diaz and Chu

Miguel Diaz had Mackenzie on Snapchat since the time she had added him during class.

He received a very random message from her the evening after Aisha broke Yasmine's nose.

heyy what r u up to?

Miguel stopped doing his homework and checked his phone, surprised someone as attractive as Mackenzie was talking to him. He responded honestly and quickly.

Just at home, studying

niice, hey you wanna hang out? if you're down, i'm done with piano practice in about an hour

Miguel stared at his phone silently in shock. He hadn't known someone as intelligent, desired, beautiful, or respected at his school like Mackenzie. She was Cheer Captain, a Junior, and the top of her class. Miguel often wondered why she had even bothered talking to him sometimes at school.

Sure!

kk cool, just wondering tho. are your parents home?

Miguel breathed a sigh of relief.

No, my mom is working an extra shift and my grandma's at bingo.

alright, I'll be at your place by 8 send me your address

Mackenzie added a few kissy face emojis.

Miguel quickly sent him his apartment unit location in Reseda and Mackenzie responded with a thumbs up emoji.

He immediately organized his room and a bit of his house, changed his clothes and put on some deodorant. This was the first time in his life he expected to have a living breathing girl in his room.

Miguel constantly hung out with his friends from Cobra Kai, but Aisha never really connected as deeply with any of them because they were all boys. They were all still friends, but Aisha was still left out to go to Carmen Diaz's apartment.

Miguel truly didn't know much about Mackenzie, making him wonder why all of a sudden she wanted to spend time with him. She was a very respectful and kind girl from what he'd seen, a bit flirtatious but in a friendly way, not an awkward one.

All he knew was that she was from a very wealthy Korean family and that Miguel and her had been able to start talking about their common interests in certain sports.

The message where Mackenzie strongly included her cleavage in a Snapchat message from her car merely added to his confusion and, a bit of his hope.

omw ;)

After anxiously waiting in the living room for a bit, there was a knock at the door.

Miguel walked opened his front door and Mackenzie stood there, wearing a simple pair of jeans and a blue track suit top with West Valley High School's cheer team logo and her name, M. Chu.

"Hey." Miguel smiled.

"Hi." Mackenzie said calmly. "So, we doing this or what?"

"Doing." Miguel paused. "What?"

"What do you think?" Mackenzie shrugged. "Fucking." she added bluntly.

Miguel froze.

"If you're cool with that, that is." She said.

Miguel cleared his throat. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am, definitely."

"Cool." Mackenzie beamed quickly and entered his house.

Miguel vaguely led Mackenzie to his room.

Afterward, Miguel was a bit sweaty and nude beneath the covers while Mackenzie laid next to him, her hair had barely even moved.

"That moved quickly."

Mackenzie nodded quietly. "Felt it was time I made it clear what I wanted from you."

"H-How was it?" asked Miguel.

"Fine, you're a bit inexperienced, but that's not your fault." she said in her calm voice.

Miguel could tell that meant Mackenzie was more experienced than him. Not that he minded, he truly was grateful Mackenzie was able to even give him the time of day.

Mackenzie checked her phone, sighing. "Damn."

"What?"

"I forgot I promised to meet with my parents to start talking about Berkely."

"You're going to UC Berkely?"

Mackenzie shrugged. "I don't know yet, I like to keep my options open." she said as if it was the most casual thing in the world meanwhile Miguel might as well have been talking to her from a different room.

Mackenzie then slipped naked out of Miguel's bedroom and proceeded to dress herself and tie her sleek jet black hair into a ponytail. Miguel felt a bit proud of himself, albeit slightly confused at the speed Mackenzie had jumped into bed with him.

Mackenzie was hot. Smart, applied, people knew she was going places. Mackenzie had perfect skin, eyes, a gorgeous body honed from years of sports, and at the click of her fingers Miguel was ready for her.

The only question Miguel had asked himself was why? Why so suddenly? Not that he was complaining about the view, far from it.

The sight still had a freezing effect on Miguel, despite the fact that he had proven to himself he could physically attract girls to a degree this serious.

"So, you gotta go?"

"Yup." she said. "I'll talk to you at school. Hit me up when you hang out again 'kay?"

Miguel soaked in the full feeling of an opened mouthed kiss with Mackenzie before she left. The teen needed a nap after a full week of school, karate, and spending time with his friends non stop before he took out the garbage.

It was there he saw Robby Keene.

"Sup man?" he asked suddenly and awkwardly.

His neighbor squinted at him. "Sup." Robby returned curtly.

"How have you been?"

"Just fine. A bit um, nevermind."

"Nah what is it?"

Robby put his hands in his jacket pockets. "You know you deserve what she's doing to you man."

"Mack is using you."

Miguel still played the bewildered card.

"Dude I saw her car, no one around here drives a freaking Mercedez." said Robby calmly. "The entire cheer squad is into you. She just wanted first dibs and to feel superior over them I bet."

"Bullshit." Miguel said.

"Sure man. All these Encino kids are the same, bothers me that Luke plays tricks with people he knows are bullies."

"You're mad at your friend."

Robby realized he was telling Miguel about this.

"I saw his story, he's with Yas at Golf 'N Stuff right now. All I want to tell you is that if you want to end up tied up in that nonsense. Go for it." Robby shrugged. "I'm well past that petty stuff."

Robby turned and walked towards his apartment.

Miguel spoke a little late but still with conviction. "Dude, I was trying to help! Schwarber is just-"

Robby barely waved a bored hand over his shoulder with a shake of his head before he walked into Johnny's apartment.

"I was doing you a favor." Miguel scoffed. "Seriously man, I'd rather you be my friend than Schwarber's." he muttered under his breath, looking aside.

Miguel took his phone and walked back into his apartment, quickly thinking of something before messaging Mitch through text.

Aisha's still suspended over that bullshit. How's she holding up?

She's okay man. The guys were gonna get together tonight. Wanna come with?

Nah, but I suggest you go to like

Miguel paused, smirking as he wrote his follow up message.

Golf 'N stuff or something.

Sounds fun, I'll let you know how the squad likes it

A/N:

Sorry for the short chap but the next one should be out soon, and it will start playing into the general feeling and pace for the rest of this book and its subsequent sequels. I plan to dive full bore into yet another realistic take on the Cobra Kai series trying to rewrite its focus on the teenage characters specifically.

Anyway, thanks for reading, feel free to DM or review your thoughts please, and I'll see you all next time. See y'all!

Last edited:
Book 2 - Chapter 10 New
Chapter Ten: Golf 'N Stuff

Yasmine was playing Galaga on an old gaming cabinet at Golf 'N Stuff while Lucas leaned on it, eating Dipping Dots out of a cup with a plastic spoon.

"I meant to ask. Why is everyone at school obsessed with karate? At least so many of the guys, I don't get it at all."

"Not everyone can spend their free time with manicures and cheer Yas."

She glared at him for a moment.

Lucas was happy to see the smile on her face for a moment. "No but really, karate is about more than the actual martial arts. It's about building character."

"Then what sort of character is your karate about?"

Lucas shrugged. "Miyagi-Do is mostly about harmony. Peace, you learn to fight so you don't fight. It's always smarter to run than actually fight."

He looked aside, still explaining. "It really is about finding the defensive aspect of karate, not competing, not fighting for sport. Just, making sure you need to defend yourself when the time comes. Not being there when the crowds cheer and all the hooplah surrounds."

Yasmine began to laugh. She started to laugh and laugh and laugh.

"What?" Lucas chuckled nervously.

"Luke that's literally the exact opposite of you. It seems like you joined karate in the first place just for the clout. You won that big tournament just so you could get a bunch of attention right? And if not, it seems like this Miyagi-Do thing is like, the polar opposite of you as a person."

Lucas was about to protest but froze.

He looked like he saw a ghost.

Doug Rickenberger, a teen with dark hair and a tough build had turned around the corner at the end of the line of video game machines at Golf 'N Stuff.

He was walking with several Cobra Kai members.

Mikey, as well as a few others of Kreese's top students.

Lucas gripped Yasmine's hand, speaking calmly. "We need to go."

"Wh-What, but we were having so much-" Yasmine yelped suddenly.

Lucas turned and tucked her out of sight between a Galaga and Ms. Pac Man machine.

"Why are we hiding?" Yasmine whispered.

Yasmine's eyes grew, the close proximity between her and Lucas led to certain comfort from both of them.

Lucas whispered back. "To avoid a fight."

The two were looking at each other in a minute bit of privacy, their noses almost touching, before Lucas left the small spaces between all the gaming machines.

Lucas held Yasmine's hand again and she followed him out of the arcade for a moment before Lucas bumped directly into Mitch.

He turned, grinning.

"Hey Schwarber, fine date you picked up."

Lucas refused to let go of Yasmine's hand. "She's not my date."

"Right." Mitch chuckled, the rest of Cobra Kai drew near. "You know Aisha had every right to crack your fake ass nose Yas."

"No one has that right." Lucas said, earning a small look from Yasmine.

"Correction. You get to decide for yourself who deserves a proper ass beating."

Lucas laughed quietly. "That's John Kreese talking, not you Mitch."

"That's who talking?" asked Yasmine.

A bit surprised Lucas knew their Sensei's name, Mitch still ignored it and shrugged. "Then maybe he's right."

"Karate isn't like, a weapon dude. That's fucked up if you think you can solve all your problems by hitting people."

"It's better than enabling a cyber bully." Mitch stared at Yasmine angrily. "Right?"

She looked aside shamefully before Lucas spoke up again. "I don't have time for this."

They began to leave together and then a few Cobra Kais physically stood in their way.

"You know we came up with our own name to give you and mess with you the same way you messed with Aisha, Yas."

Mitch smiled. "Voldemort."

Mikey smirked too. "No nosed bitch."

Lucas then just shoved Rickenberger out of the way and started to run out of the arcade.

The Cobra Kais followed, and a Golf 'N Stuff employee looked confused in their direction.

"The heck?" Chris squinted at the scene.

At some point during the chase, Lucas and Yasmine got separated, he looked around an old laser tag room confused.

"Yas?" he called out.

"Fake bitch must've figured out you weren't worth it. Figures." Mitch entered the sectioned off part of the arcade with six other Cobra Kais.

Lucas only seemed to be focused on Mikey and Rickenberger, as if they appeared to be the only real threats.

"What do you want man?"

"To teach you a lesson. You keep trying to swoop Miguel's chicks, you're so desperate for 'tang you take out Yasmine for a date the moment she cyberbullies someone into striking back." he said.

Lucas sighed. "She just got her nose broken, she deserved to get cheered up. Everyone does. You all have that chance too."

Mitch shook his head with a chuckle. "You're such a liar Schwarber. You always wear karate gear, you got first place at last year's All Valley. You claim to know everything about karate, but you don't."

"Well maybe it's time someone taught it to you."

Mitch smirked and cracked his knuckles, walking forward only to throw a jab punch that resulted in him getting elbowed in the jaw for.

After a knee was thrown to his sternum, Lucas threw a groaning Mitch aside.

Lucas raised his voice before the other boys could act. "I promise you, I know more about Cobra Kai than any of you."

Surprised again Lucas knew this much when no one at their school had ever really talked about their karate dojo, the Cobra Kais paused.

"It isn't right, you don't create peace by hitting people." Lucas muttered.

Rickenberger and Mikey looked at each other for a moment.

"This is all fucked up. You're here to prove something to Yas she already learned, trust me. Nothing good comes of violence, I've been where you're all at. I promise you, it leads nowhere."

Lucas seemed to be getting through to them before all of a sudden Mitch had recovered and shoulder tackled Lucas to the ground.

He fell right onto his chin on the arcade floor.

"Yeah!" Mitch roared stupidly. "Mess with us? Yeah!?"

"Dude I think you busted his lip."

It looked a bit funny to the other Cobra Kais and suddenly, the look on Lucas' face changed.

He wasn't calm anymore, he was mad.

OST: Robot Rock - Daft Punk

Lucas wiped the bit of blood off his mouth slowly, nodding a bit.

Every Cobra Kai there could tell he was accepting their challenge out of rage.

Mitch stupidly walked right into another counter, this time a spinning wheel kick to the jaw.

The heel of Lucas' shoe connected right on Mitch's jaw, sending him flying to the ground.

Mikey and his friend attacked at the same time, Lucas elbowed Mikey in the jaw while dodging the other's punch. Grabbing a wild kick from Mikey, Lucas threw them together, their heads colliding.

Lucas rushed forward leaping off his back leg in a classic karate jab punch. His fist collided at full speed into Rickenberger's jaw, interrupting his front kick.

Lucas instantly spun around into a leg sweep to kick a rushing Cobra Kai's leg.

He staggered for a moment, and Lucas jumped upwards out of his spin to connect with a spinning round kick to the temple.

Lucas had knocked him clean out.

Before Mikey and Mitch could recover, Lucas was merciless in disabling his opponents. Through the low lights of the closed laser tag room, Lucas snapped one of their wrists, he couldn't even tell because of how mad he was.

However, Mitch shoulder tackled Lucas again to not receive the same fate.

Lucas was using the exact same moves as all of his opponents.

The jab, the reverse punch, the hook kick, the round kick and back kick, as well as the leg sweep. All of them knew Cobra Kai, but Lucas knew it far better than all of them.

The difference was that Lucas had to fight much smarter as he was outnumbered heavily. He had to move quicker, cleaner, counter more decisively.

There was no Miyagi-Do here, no flashy hand movement, just simple dodging, punching, and kicking.

Lucas used his elbows, his knees, he wasn't even thinking. He was just striking.

He would strike through his opponent's attacks, interrupting their combinations, using their numbers to their disadvantage. Making them hit each other quickly and then moving away.

Lucas should've lost this fight quickly, instead he struck first, and hard.

Rickenberger threw a round kick leading into a spinning hook kick, both directly to the head.

Lucas leaned back from both to dodge only to be tied up for a moment as Mitch pinned his arms behind his back.

As Rickenberger managed to land a solid punch to Lucas' ribs and jaw, he struggled.

Lucas managed to shake his head and regain his senses as Rickenberger panted, preparing a third strike.

Lucas quickly shifted left and right to both dodge and squirm a bit out of Mitch's grasp.

Rickenberger's fist and feet flew harmlessly by his head as Lucas then used hikite, or the karate fist pull back to the hip to damn near break Mitch's floating ribs.

He gasped, walking backwards before Lucas grunted in rage.

He struck Mitch directly in the eye as hard as he could with a back fist and then another elbow to the jaw. This time, the blow was so clean and hard, Mitch's whole head rocked up and he was out cold.

Rickenberger socked Lucas in the back of the head, making him spin for a second.

He dodged randomly by ducking when he hit the arcade wall. Both Rickenberger and another Cobra Kai ganged up on Lucas when he covered up.

Lucas was able to recover from the stagger quickly enough to quickly grab Rickenberger's foot when he tried to go for a front kick to Lucas' chest.

He rolled under his friend's punch to sweep Rickenberger's rear leg, sending him flying hard to the ground before Lucas hit his friend instantly with a jab before he could blink, much less counter.

Lucas was just that fast. He all but teleported across the ground of the arcade with a point karate style jab so hard and so quick he punched the lights of the Cobra Kai he hit the second he hit his chin.

The remaining three Cobra Kais were enraged with Lucas.

Two were helping Mikey nurse a snapped wrist and could've easily left the fight but decided to stay instead.

Mikey was able to fight through his pain and merely kicked and wildly used his other hand to fight.

Fighting three boys his age all at once, the brawl turned bloody.

Lucas had to fight fast and hard again, and he had bruises and blood all over his knuckles, shoes, and elbows.

He rolled like a boxer, boxing and weaving, his hands strapped to his temples.

Lucas checked kicks off his shins to counter with his own. He kicked knees, headbutted, again throwing his opponents together to interrupt attacks by landing his own.

By the end of it, he had taken a few hits and almost was cornered a few times but it was over.

A helpless Mikey was smacked at full speed directly into his pals by a round kick to the head.

He tumbled over his friends like bowling pins and Lucas then started to knock them clean out. He kneed Mikey right in the head, Lucas threw his arm like a knife hand, using a haito, or open hand strike to one of Mikey's friend's mouth.

All the sweat on their head flew for a moment before they fell to the ground.

Roaring, Lucas twisted into a back kick to catch the last Cobra Kai's solar plexus at full power. The wind knocked completely out of him, he fell, wheezing.

Lucas spun and connected with another back fist, this time upon the temple, sending the Cobra Kai flying back.

He defeated Mikey, Rickenberger, Mitch, and four of their friends all on his own. He was bruised, bloodied, but standing.

Lucas panted, limping out of the arcade, leaving them all there.

Kreese held Mitch's face, pushing it away in disgust.

Mikey's wrist was in a cast, his knee was also in bad shape. Mitch's entire face had been all but rearranged from the fight he picked, and Rickenberger was suffering a shoulder, head, and neck injury from how hard Lucas had swept him to the ground.

Their other four friends weren't in much better shape.

Miguel merely stood there, his arms crossed wearing his Cobra Kai GI.

Kreese shook his head. "You're all pathetic."

"We were sure we could've won this fight." Mitch lifted his chin, almost pouting.

"Yeah I'll bet." Kreese sighed. "Who was it?"

"Luke Schwarber." muttered Mikey quietly.

Kreese looked away. "I did tell you I don't respect point fighting. But that doesn't mean a point fighting champion can't handle himself. When you all recover, I'll let you come back to the team, for now, go home, rest."

Mitch was surprised. "What're you going to do?"

"What any good Sensei should. Protect his students."

"Hello there Daniel."

Daniel LaRusso was quietly doing some paperwork for LaRusso Auto in his office when John Kreese walked into his office, wearing a trench coat.

Daniel reached for the phone instantly as if he was going to call the police but Kreese chuckled. "Don't worry I'm just here to talk."

"Never took you for the diplomatic type."

"I'm not. I prefer good old fashioned violence to take down my enemies. As does your student."

Daniel looked confused.

"What? You haven't heard? He beat down seven of my students all on his own, and I heard he was just a bit scratched up and had a limp."

Daniel shook his head. "That's not like Lucas."

"No? Perhaps you don't know him as well as you think you did."

"So what're you here for?"

"What I wanted the last time we talked like this. Retribution, some sort of answer for the pain of my students."

Daniel shrugged. "I can't give that to you."

"I want some sort of answer. Right now. Or I promise you, things will get ugly."

Daniel looked at the door, and then the knuckles Kreese was baring.

Between starting a fight with John Kreese in his own dealership, probably meaning a serious loss of his reputation, or working out some sort of deal with him. The choice was clear.

"What do you want?" asked Daniel calmly from his desk.

Kreese leaned both of his hands on the chair opposite to where Daniel was sitting.

"A rematch."

"You want me to fight Johnny?" Daniel asked boredly with a snort.

"I want your student to fight mine. Anywhere, anytime."

"Yeah, you're known to fight a bit dirty." Daniel smirked. "Miyagi-Do is not about fighting."

"Then how do you suggest we settle this?"

"Same way we did last time. A tournament, I'll meet you there with bells on."

Kreese inhaled loudly. "Gladly." he growled out.

He then left the office in a huff.

"Who was that guy?" Amanda brushed past Kreese.

"Just some nutjob."

Amanda did not believe her husband at all, but did not inquire further.

Kreese sighed loudly, sitting on his desk the next day in the office of the Reseda strip mall dojo.

Miguel entered Kreese's office curiously. "What?"

"Cobra Kai has been banned from competition." Kreese sighed. "It seems the only way I can ever ask to return to compete is to ask for an appeal."

He looked over at Miguel. "How did this, Lucas Schwarber ever manage to stumble upon Rickenberger and the others at that arcade?"

"Coincidence." Miguel shrugged.

"No." Kreese gestured to his office door and Miguel closed it.

Miguel approached and Kreese spoke calmly. "You're going to tell me the truth right now. I know you well enough to know when you're lying."

Miguel frowned. "I um, wanted revenge on Schwarber."

"For?"

"He's the guy I've been telling you about."

Kreese chuckled, crossing his arms. "So instead of facing him yourself. You send your friends to do your dirty work for him."

Miguel couldn't respond.

"You're many things Mr. Diaz." said Kreese. "But a liar and a coward aren't one of them. The future of this dojo will be decided in the next couple months. No more hiding, no more lies, no more weakness. Is that understood?"

"Yes Sensei."

"When you want to take down your rival. You fight him like you mean it, only this time, it won't be from afar. It'll be up close."

"And. Where will that be?"

Kreese nodded slightly to the poster on the wall of the dojo. The All Valley tournament, the fiftieth anniversary.

"Go warm up the class."

"Yes Sensei."

The members of the All Valley Karate tournament committee were Daryl, an African American man who was the announcer at tournaments, Ron, a bald man with glasses, and an Asian man named George, a woman named Sue, and a few other people sitting at a few tables.

John Kreese entered and knocked at the open door.

"Hello?"

"Hi there." Ron said calmly. "How can we help you?"

"I'm here for an appeal. My dojo has been banned from competition at the All Valley."

"Banned?" George laughed. "Barely anyone competes anymore, why would we ban anyone?"

"And your name?" asked Sue.

"John Kreese." Daniel LaRusso said, entering the room, "And I assure you, he has in fact been banned."

Kreese quietly watched Daniel take an open seat at the committe table, patting Ron on the shoulder.

"I'm sorry um, I thought that Senseis weren't allowed to organize the tournament." said Kreese.

"Daniel LaRusso has closed Miyagi-Do since the 1980s sir." assured Ron. "There's no funny business going on here."

"Mm." Kreese smiled. "That's not what I heard."

"I'm sorry?" George looked confused, glancing at both Kreese and Daniel.

"Using karate Mr. LaRusso taught him, a student of his you all might know well named Lucas Schwarber has assualted several of my own students." Kreese said calmly. "So I am quite sure that Miyagi-Do is in fact, very open."

"What?" Ron chuckled in surprise, looking at Daniel. "What is this, how come we're the last to know of this?"

"I promise you, these are all lies. My karate does not lie in violence. And this man, is a liar." Daniel pointed towards Kreese.

Kreese shrugged, sitting down in front of the committe. "I have nothing else left to offer anyone but karate. I merely wish to return my dojo to competition, as a send off for my service to this country."

"I think we need to look up some archives." Sue muttered, the rest of the committee agreed.

After blowing the dust off some old files, Ron spoke calmly.

"It seems that you were banned from competition by Mr. Pat Johnson, organizer of this committee, himself. After you were accused of quote, unsportsmanlike conduct completely unberefit, of the noble tradition of karate." said Ron.

"That was over thirty years ago." Kreese said. "I promise, I am no longer that person."

"Really?" asked Daniel. "Because I swear, just this past year he-"

"I'm sorry." George said. "Is it really true that Lucas Schwarber is your karate student?"

"I just train him on my own, Lucas hasn't officially returned to competition under Miyagi-Do." he responded.

"Really?" asked Sue. "We need to hear that from himself." she added, as the other committee members nodded in agreement.

Daniel bit his lip angrily as he saw Kreese smirk at him. "Otherwise." added Sue. "You technically are a competing Sensei, and you shouldn't be here."

"I should still have a voice." Daniel insisted.

"You should." Ron agreed. "Just not on the council."

Daniel sighed, standing up to fix his tie. "Fine."

He took a seat near to Kreese, across the aisle of empty chairs.

Ron sighed, fixing his glasses and continuing. "Mr. Kreese I understand this incident was over thirty years ago, but I need to know. What exactly happened?"

Before Daniel could say anything Kreese spoke. "I no longer associate at all with Mr. Barnes or Mr. Silver."

"Silver and him go way back." Daniel chuckled.

Kreese continued. "I want to give my kids a chance to prove themselves."

"Which kids?"

"Kids of all sorts. Kids bullied by people from the privileged lifestyle Mr. LaRusso represents." Kreese said calmly. "I want a safe and fair environment for these kids to face their bullies, and to show their strength. Their growth. I've watched my students really grow into their own. As young men and women, into the karatekas, and people I could be proud of." Daniel rolled his eyes and Kreese continued. "The All Valley could really benefit from seeing the strength Cobra Kai can give. It's an essential aspect of this town's history, especially in martial arts."

Ron and Sue looked at each other, without words the council all appeared to be in agreement.

George cleared his throat. "I'm afraid I speak for all of us Mr. Kreese. Regardless of your current attempt to change your dojo and return for the better. You are someone this council's founder itself decided should be removed from competition."

"It's still a badass name for a dojo." Daryl shrugged.

George raised his gavel, and with a clack of it, Kreese shook his head and looked aside as Daniel smiled.

"I think I can speak for Pat Johnson when I can say a rematch is due on the mat."

"Mr. Schwarber." Ron instantly recognized him. "It's wonderful to see you actually at the arena again."

Daniel turned, shocked to see Kreese was right, Lucas was bruised a bit around his face.

"Glad to be here."

"And. Why are you here?" asked Sue.

"To ask for Mr. Kreese's reinstatement." Lucas said.

Ron was utterly confused. "And why would you ever do that?"

"Because once I was Mr. Kreese's student."

The committee was confused and muttered amongst themselves.

"Wait." George was confused. "So, the karate you used when you won last year's All Valley. That was Mr. Kreese's karate?"

"Precisely. As well as my own combined with Daniel LaRusso's."

Utterly frustrated, Daniel looked aside and hid his face in his hands that Lucas was willing to tell the committe all at once this.

Daryl said the obvious. "I think that changes everything then."

"Well not necessarily." Ron added, nodding to Lucas. "Let's see what Mr. Schwarber has to say."

"Yes, I became the Valley's youngest and quickest champion. And I have to side with my current Sensei, and agree that John Kreese is very much the same man he was when he was banned."

Daniel instantly seemed to smile at a disappointed Kreese.

"He's cruel, and a cheater, liar, and dishonest. But he can bring something that this tournament hasn't seen in a while. Some actually kickass karate."

The smirk battle between Daniel and Kreese continued directly across from and behind Lucas.

"Reinstate Cobra Kai please. You all need to sell tickets to make a profit, or this tournament can't even be run. Kicks sell tickets."

Ron shook his head. "From everything you're telling us, Mr. Kreese will desecrate this tournament. Why would you even want to compete against him again?'

"Because I want to prove again I can become this Valley's champion. No matter who wants to fight me." Lucas said calmly.

"Yeah that's not enough." George looked around, fixing the papers of Kreese's ban on the table.

"Nope." Sue shook her head.

Ron sighed. "It's really not."

"Now hold on." said Daryl, pointing a pen at Lucas. "How far are you willing to endorse Cobra Kai?"

"I will drop out of competing at this next All Valley if John Kreese is not in it."

"Now that really does change everything now doesn't it?" Daryl chuckled.

"Okay then." Ron looked around a nodding All Valley tournament committe table, there was not even a need for discussion considering the amount of the public's interest in Lucas' karate. "In that case. Congratulations Mr. Kreese, welcome back to the All Valley."

Daniel threw his hands up in the air and shook his head, clenching his jaw and looking like he wanted to swear and throw something, as Kreese smiled and bowed his head. "Thank you."

George clacked his gavel twice and like that, Cobra Kai was back in competition.

"And now." Ron picked up a clipboard, as Lucas', Kreese's, and Daniel's attention instantly turned to him. "On to our next and final order of business for our yearly meeting. The rule and affiliation change for our entire tournament."

"I'm sorry what?" Daniel was shocked.

Both Lucas and Kreese were also completely bewildered.

Cobra Kai OST: Globo-Kai

(Last Minute of track)

"For the past fifty years, the All Valley has been Tang Soo Do affiliated, using the same outdated and inefficient rules for karate competition. Meanwhile." Ron shrugged. "The rest of the world has caught up."

Sue sighed, checking her clipboard. "Even here in the Valley, other dojos have found a new, similar, but new way to compete in karate."

"The USANKF, or, USA national karate-do federation." Ron fixed his glasses. "Has backing from the international olympic committee, karate might even get to the olympics. We've reached out to them, and they agreed to include us."

Daniel and Lucas, and then even Kreese and Daniel looked confused at each other.

"It's time for the All Valley to evolve, and more importantly, grow." Ron said. "We need more tickets, and for years, we've been excluding all sorts of dojos from competition just because we refused to reform. Well no longer."

Sue spoke. "Mr. Schwarber, you are without a doubt the best fighter we've ever seen in All Valley Under 18 karate, but you've never seemed to test yourself against competitors from other styles. Some of which are essentially yours."

In Santa Clarita, karatekas practicing on traditional tatami under a flag of the traditional Goju-Ryu fist were doing kata together. There were rows of karatekas all wearing white GIs and black belts moving simultaneously, young men and women between the ages of thirteen and seventeen.

"Mr. Kreese your karate has evolved as well, far from where you began it too decades ago."

Kreese crossed his arms and squinted as George spoke.

"From what we understand, your karate is based heavily in traditional Shotokan."

Wearing only red footguards and gloves, near Huntington Beach, two boys sparred under the watchful eye of a Sensei, a short man in a karategi with crossed arms.

"Here they more or less have the same style, it's merely evolved greatly."

They exchanged punches, kicks, sweeps, the very same techniques John Kreese had taught vigorously for decades on Lankershim avenue.

"Whethere you're ready or not. The future is here." said Ron. "It's a big world out there for competitive karate, and it's time to step into it."

George clacked his gavel, and All Valley history was made for the second time in only one year.

Lucas still got it after taking down Miguel Diaz cronies at the arcade game place , which Kresse reminded them they were shooting above their karate point after poking the dragon named Lucas. As Kresse giving advice to fighting Lucas in New All Valley tournament
While respected enemies Kresse and Daniel Larousso are opening another tournament for All Valley Championship tournament after Kresse promised things will get ugly afterwards, but With Lucas being a studen of 2 masters and putting his Championship on the line, and competing in another All Valley Champion tournament and besides supporting his former rivial teacher Kresse in getting the ban removed by council members decisions.
Along with council member Ron giving Daniel and Kresse a rude awakening for opening up All Valley new all around the world karate style evolution since they been in a stare of limbo since ban on Cobra Kai dojo in decades but kept on current karate style dojo over the years.
We'll see how it goes next time for our Lucas and Sam Larousso, vs Cobra Kai Miguel Diaz rivalry gets national tournament in All Valley Champion 30th anniversary.
Continue on
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back