• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Demon Commander Quest

Dubiously long black hair that ends around the waist, with sapphire colored left eye and a crimson right eye. Physically however, Kuro better resembles a female than he does a male... It is most noticeable/pronounced when dressed in female gender neutral clothes. It is still ever present whem dressed properly in male attire.

'Nickname' Kuroko

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Plan ReinZero

Let's see on the Four Options.

A Hax Blade that will only promote Conflict, but pretty powerful

Two Slaves, but due to shenanigans, won't just result in loyal? Minions of power, but may even give a clue on an oncoming storm

A Library of Books that contain valuable knowledge from an Anonymous Donation. Which could smell like plot, but if stacked with Slaves MAY go and form a combo...

... And enough money to go Dosh King.

-

And that's before I even mention Character Personality of "Red Oni, Blue Oni" or "Purple Hermit" who is either Insane, a Genius or Both! Overall, the Third "Insane Genius" is a Wild Card, honestly...

-

IF you where to go Rash/Ambitious, then it'd have been more viable for the Sword as Rashness breeds conflict, and that Sword WOULD have been an edge to help survive... So long as we can keep it with brute force.

But in advance... The "Lodsamoney" option ain't bad by itself as well, and will outright ensure you won't get Bankrupt (unless of course, you fund an Army of HAX!) But since you can only pick two...

Yeah. ReinZero ain't bad. In fact, we can to a degree care about our minions/slaves to a respectful degree. And who knows? Might even have an... Affair, if it's within a vote option.

But eh, Yandere Maid may also kill a few options, romantically. But then again I have high doubts we'd succeed in the romance department anyway.

-

Eh, IF I where Red Oni, then a few Caretakers along with Sword is a decent option, probably. Blue would benefit the most out of Library and either Money or Servants.

And as for the Insane Genius? It depends... You COULD go 'Savant of the Sword', 'Zany Investor' with MORE Lodsamoney, combine Money/Library for MAD SCIENTIST/WIZARD! Or such...

Lastly, if you DO decide QQ to go Plan ReinZero by Majority, at least check through with any plan he'd give as a base or such. Because the thing with the "Logical" Demon, is that it'd 'technically' be Harder due to having to plan our actions carefully. But at least we'd be less likely to be ruled by impulse.

Don't care about name, but let's be

[X] Male

[X] An...unusual person. (Are we going to talk in Thees and Forsooths?)

[X] Blade
[X] Servants

[X] Arawn
[X] Male
[X] An...unusual person. For whatever reason you have the tendency of thinking in an odd manner. It reflects in your speech which has caused you to be called a consummate liar or an exceptionally good twister of truth. It reflects in your actions which appears to have vague, undecipherable motives behind them. And it reflects in your unnatural personality which has caused your classmates to call you either insane
or a genius as you seem to somehow, in ways that people have difficulty comprehending, always find yourself benefiting from your actions. You find their claims rather amusing.

[X] Two servants, a human female and her daughter. You had purchased the female several year ago so that you could have someone take care of your mansion while you studies at the Academy. For the first few months she was somewhat apprehensive towards you holding some of the resentment that all humans seemed to harbor towards your kind and only began to warm up to you after months working with tolerable if not warm conditions from you. The real change came when she was assaulted and horribly tortured by several other humans who had grew loathing towards her due to her connection to you, and you had saved her from them. She became incredibly affable if not obsessive towards your kind afterwards along with becoming somewhat unhinged. She had a child some time later and to your surprise found that the child displayed unnaturally great potential for magic.

[X] An incredibly large collection of knowledge that is now being stored within your extended library. Donated to you from a mysterious source you have yet to find any clues as to who has sent you these books. Despite studying the material in great detail over the past few years, you seem to have only managed to scratch the bare minimum of it's contents and have little idea of the relevance of most of it with your current knowledge. Truly if you were to attempt to sell the books you could at least gain enough money to pay for your current housing ten fold. But this appears to be a rather unique opportunity for you and you are loathed to give up any advantage you could get. As they say: knowledge is power.

Guys, you a are aware the vote's been close... a few days ago, right?

ReinZero said:
Dubiously long black hair that ends around the waist, with sapphire colored left eye and a crimson right eye. Physically however, Kuro better resembles a female than he does a male... It is most noticeable/pronounced when dressed in female gender neutral clothes. It is still ever present whem dressed properly in male attire.

'Nickname' Kuroko
If people are bumping then I'll go ahead and back this up for appearance suggestions with the additions of being short (Appropriately sized!) and very skinny (lithe the word is lithe!)

Darkened said:
If people are bumping then I'll go ahead and back this up for appearance suggestions with the additions of being short (Appropriately sized!) and very skinny (lithe the word is lithe!)

To the former, no. Just no. Not tall per say, but not short either, aka 'average'. And... there's no need for skinny, that doesn't mesh well with the... physique, well, at least, no need to be even further thin.

It does?

Man, NM should put the winning post more clearly...

EDIT: Also, Rein.... There are TOO MANY KUROS.
. . .
Just felt the need to ALL-CAPS that after seeing a number of entries for character candidates with the very same name and gender confusion thing.

Also, descriptions, mostly rewording (put image of Princess Alto here).

A luxurious length of dark hair, which is your pride and joy (It's not FEMININE! NOT AT ALL!), falls down to your waist, even when it is held up an assortment of tasteful ribbons and ornate hairpins. The contrast of the dark locks with your deathly pale pallor is always enticing to the eyes.

Your face are finely boned, sharp nose and chin with high cheekbones, while a sharply curved pair of thin lips with finely arched brows give a touch of stern grace over your delicate features.

Despite being of approximately average height among demons, you look taller because of your lithe frame and fine features.

Your demonic heritage come off clearly from your distinctly different colored eyes. Both are of the color and shine of costly gems, the left sapphire blue with a square cut iris, the other ruby red with an oval iris. They are distinctive enough that your enemies have often remarked that after they will harvest your eyes for keepsakes, after they brutally mutilated and murdered you and yours, of course.

Several sets of obsidian-colored talons tipped the end of your thin fingers, as well as your toes, but you rarely show your feet.

(Do we need more demonic features?)

So due to reasons of unexpected system updates erasing my progress, the need to do something I find mildly entertaining and the realization that I had missed informing you all about several important facts about demons and the world I am going to take the moment to tell you some of what your character currently knows.

The world of Neque, as far as you know, contains only two major continents. The Dark Continent and the Light Continent. The continents were named after the God who was thought to rule over the continent. The Dark Continent is where Demons and Dragons originally came from and the Light Continent is where the humans original came from. There are other races that exist in the world but they all could be natively found in either of the continents from the very beginning. The government of the Demon race is almost entirely located on the Dark Continent, along with much of it's military and all but one of their cities.

In terms of demonic physiology, all demons are humanoid and nearly all of them have large bat like wings. However; amongst demons their are a large variety of traits unique to certain families of demons. Different Skin colour, tails, horns, multiple appendages and even having multiple eyes are all possible traits that a demon can have. It is thought that the reason for this is due to how demon society produces its power.

Commanders are essentially Jack-of-All-Trades who should be capable of: Fighting, planning battles, running cities, working politics, and managing personnel. They may vary in ability to do so, but all commanders should be able to at least somewhat handle all of those things. They generally have the highest rank amongst all non-commanders and most of the demons in high power can be considered commanders.

These are essentially all that I had missed that is incredibly essential, though you know far more then this and I can probably answer most of your questions about the setting.

NobleMalice said:
So due to reasons of unexpected system updates erasing my progress, the need to do something I find mildly entertaining and the realization that I had missed informing you all about several important facts about demons and the world I am going to take the moment to tell you some of what your character currently knows.

Ouch, that sucks....

The world of Neque, as far as you know, contains only two major continents. The Dark Continent and the Light Continent. The continents were named after the God who was thought to rule over the continent. The Dark Continent is where Demons and Dragons originally came from and the Light Continent is where the humans original came from. There are other races that exist in the world but they all could be natively found in either of the continents from the very beginning. The government of the Demon race is almost entirely located on the Dark Continent, along with much of it's military and all but one of their cities.

In terms of demonic physiology, all demons are humanoid and nearly all of them have large bat like wings. However; amongst demons their are a large variety of traits unique to certain families of demons. Different Skin colour, tails, horns, multiple appendages and even having multiple eyes are all possible traits that a demon can have. It is thought that the reason for this is due to how demon society produces its power.

Commanders are essentially Jack-of-All-Trades who should be capable of: Fighting, planning battles, running cities, working politics, and managing personnel. They may vary in ability to do so, but all commanders should be able to at least somewhat handle all of those things. They generally have the highest rank amongst all non-commanders and most of the demons in high power can be considered commanders.

These are essentially all that I had missed that is incredibly essential, though you know far more then this and I can probably answer most of your questions about the setting.

I see.

Hm...

I don't suppose a slave/servant of a Demon (of sufficient position) could technically hold a pesudo-position when carrying out assigned duties that would technically need such?

That aside, how does magic work exactly?

ReinZero said:
I don't suppose a slave/servant of a Demon (of sufficient position) could technically hold a pesudo-position when carrying out assigned duties that would technically need such?

That aside, how does magic work exactly?

Technically a slave could be given an official position among demons, but it is doubtful that most people would take it seriously unless someone else powerful is backing them. With demons, positions of authority are usually at best a warning to other demons that that person has a certain level of power. Demons are generally egotistical, individualistic and power hungry individuals who while aren't short sighted, can't see over there own desires and will exploit everyone else at the first possible opportunity. Slaves without personal power, influence or useful abilities would not in fact give most demons any reason to even humour them unless someone powerful is backing them and they makes it known that they desire for the slave to do as they command.

As for how magic works, all creatures produce magical energy and are capable of mentally controlling the magical energy into creating a variety of effects. Like with most forms of magic in fiction.

NobleMalice said:
Technically a slave could be given an official position among demons, but it is doubtful that most people would take it seriously unless someone else powerful is backing them. With demons, positions of authority are usually at best a warning to other demons that that person has a certain level of power.

I see. Hm.

Demons are generally egotistical, individualistic and power hungry individuals who while aren't short sighted, can't see over there own desires and will exploit everyone else at the first possible opportunity.

*Adjusts glasses*

This about right?
Wherein willpower is that taken to extremes. BRUTE FORCE!
Wherein rational is that dialed back a bit, but still driven by it. Logical Analysis!
Wherein unusual is 'makes sense in context' ... if you have all the pieces. And only if you have all the pieces. (Trolling) Chessmaster~

Slaves without personal power, influence or useful abilities would not in fact give most demons any reason to even humour them unless someone powerful is backing them and they makes it known that they desire for the slave to do as they command.

This is going to he hilarious then isn't it. With the child that is.

As for how magic works, all creatures produce magical energy and are capable of mentally controlling the magical energy into creating a variety of effects. Like with most forms of magic in fiction.

I see. Hm....

Other questions:

1) Other races?
---1A) Any known for loyalty?
---1B) Any that AREN'T on 'lower than neutral relations' with Demons?
---1C) Least oppressed race? (that are oppressed)
2) Major political factions in the Demon World?
3) Major/Notable Nations?
4) How often are wars/battles/conflicts? (For Promotion)
5) How often do messengers die?
---5A) Particularly upon delivery of bad news?
6) What are 'common' ... amicable treatment of slaves composed/comprised of? (Given what we had done with our... servant.)
---6A) Any races that have taken well to... oppression by demons?
7) What of our parents?
8) I take it that upon graduating Command School, that one would have peers on blackmail hand as 'connections'?
9) So lower Demons don't necessarily have went to an academy?
---9A) I don't suppose for them, promotion while in service is a thing?
---9B) How much leeway does one have for... such position shifting under them? Or is it a bloody load of paperwork?
---9C) If 9B is possible w/o said 'paperwork', how often do the promoter get killed by the promotee?

[X] Kuro
[X] Male Yes. [Ok, who crossed it out. Just because LOOKS are a thing doesn't give people the right to say you're female. No wait, WHAT THE HELL IS 'YES'?!]

[X] An...unusual person. For whatever reason you have the tendency of thinking in an odd manner. It reflects in your speech which has caused you to be called a consummate liar or an exceptionally good twister of truth. It reflects in your actions which appears to have vague, undecipherable motives behind them. And it reflects in your unnatural personality which has caused your classmates to call you either insane
or a genius as you seem to somehow, in ways that people have difficulty comprehending, always find yourself benefiting from your actions. You find their claims rather amusing.

Troll mode of AWESOME McAwesomeness!

[X] Two servants, a human female and her son/daughter. You had purchased the female several year ago so that you could have someone take care of your mansion while you studies at the Academy. For the first few months she was somewhat apprehensive towards you holding some of the resentment that all humans seemed to harbor towards your kind and only began to warm up to you after months working with tolerable if not warm conditions from you. The real change came when she was assaulted and horribly tortured by several other humans who had grew loathing towards her due to her connection to you, and you had saved her from them. She became incredibly affable if not obsessive towards your kind afterwards along with becoming somewhat unhinged. She had a child some time later and to your surprise found that the child displayed unnaturally great potential for magic.

[X] An incredibly large collection of knowledge that is now being stored within your extended library. Donated to you from a mysterious source you have yet to find any clues as to who has sent you these books. Despite studying the material in great detail over the past few years, you seem to have only managed to scratch the bare minimum of it's contents and have little idea of the relevance of most of it with your current knowledge. Truly if you were to attempt to sell the books you could at least gain enough money to pay for your current housing ten fold. But this appears to be a rather unique opportunity for you and you are loathed to give up any advantage you could get. As they say: knowledge is power.

You have no more business with the academy, having already received everything you could gain from there.

An hour ago you had been forced to attend a formal graduation ceremony where the only notable event was when the commander identifications were dispensed to the graduates. As such you now have in your possession a certificate of confirmation and a unique wrist bracelet which firmly recognizes you as a commander. With this there are several different resources that you can now tap into. Such as access to certain buildings and services, the ability to recruit other people, certain information formerly restricted to you, and a certain degree of social influence.

With that being said you start thinking about what to do next. You believe that you have at least another three hours before it gets dark. You could go to the government building so that you could be assigned a task worthy of your new role as a commander or you could head back to your mansion for the day.

Most of all you really want to do something interesting.

[ ] Head back to your mansion
[ ] Head to the Government building
[ ] Do something else?

[X] find the nearest bar or gathering place where the lesser graduates were celebrating the end of their time at the academy or lemennting their failing to become commanders. see if we can grab a few minions.

Several people just got promoted to commander. They'll be looking to fill out senior staff positions, recruit the most talented staff, etc. As there's a limited pool of talented/skilled people at any given time, it might be best to start by trying to get a jump on your peers and start finding the best command staff you can recruit. (Assuming that this isn't limited by location.)

Is there anyone from the academy who'd be a good addition to your forces? If the graduation timing isn't just for command personal then there should be a surplus of top talent around now. Sweep in early and get the best assuming there's some definite places where you can start looking over resumes and the like.

[X] Go talent-hunting.
--[X] if there happens to be any kind of resume storage or graduate list in the Government Building stop there first
--[X] And maybe get a job along the way.

[X] Go talent-hunting.
--[X] if there happens to be any kind of resume storage or graduate list in the Government Building stop there first
--[X] And maybe get a job along the way.

Talent Hunting is good and all. The problem is picking out people you can keep under your thumb effectively.

[X] Go Hunting for Talent... of course, ones that you can keep under your thumb. Or simply, classmates you know you can effectively keep under your thumb... while being, of actual use. But... why do it the boring way?
---[X] Head to the Government Building to get assigned a worthy task... and recruit people while you're there! Or well, there's no need really, it'll work out just fine. Like usual. Of course, how is another matter, as is whom you recruit then. But that's a fine tradeoff.

[X] Go Hunting for Talent... of course, ones that you can keep under your thumb. Or simply, classmates you know you can effectively keep under your thumb... while being, of actual use. But... why do it the boring way?
---[X] Head to the Government Building to get assigned a worthy task... and recruit people while you're there! Or well, there's no need really, it'll work out just fine. Like usual. Of course, how is another matter, as is whom you recruit then. But that's a fine tradeoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back